South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge Day 50-A Little R&R

Troops! Ten hut! You may have noticed that Sarge was AWOL yesterday, then again, you may not! Computer problems plus a lack of inspiration are to blame.

I'm back, but not feeling particularly inspired. I am trying to quit smoking and although I am holding my own and not pigging out or flying off the handle, I certainly don't feel much like myself. This, too, shall pass I suppose. But in the meantime you may get less than the best from Sarge...hope you'll forgive!

Group Activity for Week of 10/12-1134 minutes

Not our best week, but it seems a lot of us are in the doldrums this week. Hopefully we can get our collective rear in gear and make next week a good one for all of us!

Ellis-sending extra hugs your way...it sounds like you need them.

Hope you all have a restful day and enjoy gearing up for your weekend. I am hopeful that we will all get the rest and relaxation (R&R) we so desperately need! :
Old 10-17-2003, 09:05 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Franny sweetie we are not trying to quit. WE ARE QUITTING!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

I am feeling huge pangs of guilt now

I haven't gotten any activity since Tuesday night (which I already knew would happen this week). I won't be getting any today, because I will be working 1/2 day and then driving for 6 - 7 hours after that. Tomorrow I won't be getting any because I will be with my family in a little hotel with no exercise facility and we will most likely be running around all day anyway. I am just looking forward to Sunday at this point, so I can get back on track! I refuse to let this get the best of me. Sunday I will get back on the wagon so that this 'slump' doesn't turn into weeks or months!!!

Hope all of you beautiful chicks have a suberb Friday and a lovely weekend!

Frannie - I never smoked so I can't totally relate to how you are feeling, but I can imagine it must be a real funk. Here's wishing you all the best as you overcome this obstacle.

Last edited by lmaxin; 10-17-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, my... you girls are very inspiring. I can imagine how difficult it must be to quit smoking (I have the same trouble with food. Obviously. ) I only smoked a little in college "to be cool". Funny, I still have a desire for one once in a while. Actually, what I really want is a good cigar.
This is really rude, but I don't picture either of you as being smokers. You're too nice. And too intelligent. (I know, I know... I really put my foot in it with THAT, didn't I )

Thank you for the hugs, Franny. They are much appreciated.

We're going to the cottage this weekend. I'm going to stock up on OP foods (read: pistachios) and do some hill climbing while I'm there. I may come back with a broken ankle. But I'll be back on track! (knock on wood)

Sending luck and strength your way, Franny and Sflake.

love and hugs to all...
Old 10-17-2003, 09:26 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Leslie, you WILL get back on track on Sunday! If Franny doesn't order you to, I will!!
Hang in there, hon...
Old 10-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

I haven't been walking like I should...I made a vow to try real hard to get motivated. For over many years I walked everyday no less than 3-4 miles. I guess I am getting 'younger' and it seems farther all the time.Bad knees are a fact I have to accept and revise. I will try a new way..Joanne
Old 10-17-2003, 10:24 AM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Lizzie reporting 25 minute walk this a.m.

Frannie and Whimsey: Have you thought of the nicorette gum to help you a bit. I think I mentioned this before. My DD used that to help her quit and found it helped a lot. Just a thought.

Have a good Weekend on the beach. Another week is coming and all we can do is get better : Lizzie.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:03 PM   #8  
Imagine...

Ellis ~ Have a fabulous weekend sweetie I imagine you were born cool

Everyone else on the exercise!

Imax running around all day IS exercies.

Lizzie I think Franny is trying that. I am going to put on the patch.

We are and can do anything!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:29 PM   #9  

Default Hey There

I walked 40 min. and 2+ miles.. I quit when my legs started to hurt.
I remember when my sister had her Heart attack. The Dr. told her she had had her last cig. She asked him about tht patch etc..He said "why put more nicotine in your system?"He gave her some valium and told her to clean all signs of cig. out of her house. I know it was not easy to go cold. I have done the same thing over 40 years ago.It can be done.. She had 2 procedures done before they had to do a 3 bi-pass. She has never smoked again.. She has serious heart problems still. She is fighting the weight problem every day. I hope she will win this battle..
Frannie-Whimsey- I hope you can do this..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 10-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #10  
Fighter

For me, quitting smoking seemed so easy for the first 10 months (I quit the day I found out I was pregnant and didn't touch a cigarette during the whole pregnancy) but eventually, I eased back into smoking. The thing is, now, I've almost let it go, but I can't seem to completely give it up. Some days go by that I don't even have a cigarette, sometimes a week. The days I do smoke, I only have one or two. So, you would think that it would be easy for me to quit altogether, but it isn't so. Weird, isn't it?
Old 10-18-2003, 01:34 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

I struggled to quit many times. It was pretty well impossible until I was divorced and away from a husband that wouldn't quit smoking around me. The last time I quit (3 years ago) I realized each time I 'quit' I was gaining 3,4,5,10 pounds, and it was adding up. Slipping back in and quitting again was making me fatter! I vowed I wasn't going to slip again because I didn't want to pack on a few more cigarette pounds. Good luck, I know this is tough. I still want one sometimes. Sometimes really badly! But the pain is nothing like the beginning. You'll make it, it will get easier!!
Old 10-18-2003, 10:32 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

Weight gain when you quit smoking is a given. Your matabolism changes and that is what causes the gain and also you look for something to replace smoking. A support group would be a good thing.. Living longer is a very good reason for quiting. My father died at 67 years old. Cancer from smoking.. I lost the bottom right lobe at 40 years old. It was a blood clot that had lodged and distroyed the lung. They told me at first it was cancer. After the surgery the Dr. said I had a Angel on my shoulder. I was scared enough to re-think what was important in my life.
Smokers- Please stop smoking!!!All the warnings out there are there for a good reason. It will kill you!!!
Now you don't want to hear/read anymore lecture. I can get carried away on this subject...
Do something fun this weekend........Joanne
Old 10-18-2003, 07:54 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Lizzie reporting in with my Sat. exercise. 30minutes at Curves. That should add a bit to our weeks numbers.

Hang in there gals. You will be the non-smokers. Have a good weekend everyone. Lizzie
Old 10-19-2003, 10:36 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Walked all over Super Walmart shopping there about an hour so I will put myself in as 30 min. I know this probably isn't the best but by the time I got home and made dinner it was too late to go out..Will try for more later today...
Have a great weekend....Joanne
Old 10-19-2003, 07:28 PM   #15  

Default Hey There

I did better today.. Walked 1 hour. Only did 2 1/2 miles though. Just a steady pace but not as fast as I used to..
Hope everyone had a good weekend...Joanne
Closed Thread