Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, October 13th

Good Morning Everyone.

BBL .....

Hugs
Old 10-13-2003, 09:34 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies.
Its a chilly morning but I am up and wide awake.I have already made several phones calls and now enjoying my breakfast.

How was your weekend?

TTYL
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-13-2003, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Lynnie, I really went to town yesterday. I used up around 61 points between going to the movies and a Chinese buffet. I'm guessing at some of the points becuz I figured I'd just go ahead and write everything down, good bad & ugly.

Today it is beautiful here, too, and cool/breezy. The kids are off school so I think we're going to go walk on the boardwalk in Seaside Hgts.

Speaking of that, I've been trying to figure out how to change the LI location to NJ. I went into my profile but I don't really see it there.

thanks,
Cassie
Old 10-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

I'm drinking my second cup of coffee and checking email.

Did everybody have a good weekend? Mine was really busy but it was good.

Gonna try to go walk at the mall during lunch today if nobody changes my plans!

Hope all is well in everybody's neck of the woods!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 10-13-2003, 11:20 AM   #5  

Hey guys!

I have ben having a down past few days. I just can't seem to get happy. The worst thing is that when I am like this I tear myself up even more than normal. Last night we were going to my grandmothers for dinner and I couldn't find anything to fit me. I was so upset I was mad at myself. I really don't understand why I get this way. I don't want to go back on meds b/c I didn't like the side effects that they gave me. I am just ina blah mood all of the time and I am sick of it.

Sorry to unload but I know what I am feeling isn't right.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by Kempyd
Hey guys!

I have ben having a down past few days. I just can't seem to get happy. The worst thing is that when I am like this I tear myself up even more than normal. Last night we were going to my grandmothers for dinner and I couldn't find anything to fit me. I was so upset I was mad at myself. I really don't understand why I get this way. I don't want to go back on meds b/c I didn't like the side effects that they gave me. I am just ina blah mood all of the time and I am sick of it.

Sorry to unload but I know what I am feeling isn't right.

Kempy there are new meds out on the market; some of them hardly have any side effects.Maybe you should go and see or research on the net. I hope something works out for ya because I know exactly how ya feel. *hugs*
Old 10-13-2003, 01:27 PM   #7  

Cool Oh yes the nothing to wear thing......

That is a real kicker.......I hate going places these days cause I have nothing to wear........I got rid of all my "fat" clothes and now my "not so fat clothes" are getting uncomfortable or don't fit at all. I haven't been letting myself think about it in a huge way.

Don't get me wrong but I do believe that everyone is entitled to a couple of down days even those that are on pills feel that way....a pill won't change the hurt, anger, misery that eveyone feels.......of course any of us who have been on the pills always have to be on our toes and watching for signs. I actually liked the way I felt on Paxil for 6 months.....I had felt so terrible for so long that I was manic on the pills....my house was never cleaner, I went morning noon and night. I also didn't have to fear the dreaded panic attack where I felt I was about to have a heart attack. I was on Paxil over 8 years ago now (summer 95) and it took the edge off for me but it didn't make all the feelings go away.....those are just part of the human condition.

I guess I am going on about all this because I too have hit a low point in my life. I have to keep really busy to keep the mental anguish at a distance....if I think about things too much or stay still for too long it is not pretty! If I didn't have children I could see how I could easily fall into a pattern of not facing the world anymore than I have to.....but I force myself to get out of bed every morning and particpating in life fully......my extra weight is my punishment to myself for all my shortcomings....I know I am starting to sound totally off the deep end.......but I see it as that....I go to work where I am very high functioning and can forget for a while how much of a failure I am in other areas of my life.......for me it is not about a pill or which diet plan to use.....I have to stay a step ahead of my demons....some days are good and some aren't.

Anyhow I have gone on enough.....hubby and the girls are out doing some fall cleaning......I am going to get showered and go pick up a few things that I need to take to my Mother's for Thanksgiving.....29 people are expected and though the good catholic in me knows that I should be THANKFUL on this Thanksgiving day for my family I just want to get through the day.

Have a good one everyone!

Hang in there everyone!

Eliz
Old 10-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #8  
CIN

Default Hi Ladies!

Hello Gang,
Cassie...my hats off to you in being honest with your points!Bravo to ya!

Kempdy & Liz..........I dont have any particular words that can help you other than telling you I am glad you post here and others care! It seems strange how we all really feel we know one another here by posting almost daily!

I will share my strength comes from God.............my favorite scripture is " I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me!" That relationship I have with Christ pulls me through many times when I feel weak or down. I am not ashamed to admit HE IS EVERYTHING to me . I will keep you all in my prayers.

I am doing well with my pierced finger! Now cleaning the pins seems like cleaning my ears when I had them pierced! It only hurts when I bump it on something.

I have to return to work at 4.so I will see you all later!Take Care and be good to yourself!You deserve it!

Cin

Old 10-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishcoda
I've been trying to figure out how to change the LI location to NJ. I went into my profile but I don't really see it there.

thanks,
Cassie
Click on your private messages, then Edit Profile, scroll down and you'll see where you put in your state.

Kem, Liz, I think we all can relate to how you guys are feeling and your right, its not really about the clothes, diet or anything else. The only thing we can do is take it one day at a time and try to remember that tomorrow will be better. Like Liz said we have to stay one step ahead of ourselves. Its not easy though. And we have to remember that the pills we take aren't the cure, there's alot of emotions we must learn to deal with to help accompany the meds. But also remember that if the meds aren't working we have to muster up the strength to see the doctor and try to get a different prescription or prescriptions, some times we need a combo.

I feel really bad that you guys are so down and I wish I could help. Let me know if I can okay !!

Hugs !
Old 10-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #10  

Thanks guys. I really love that you all care so much.
((((you guys)))).

I know it really isn't about the clothes but when I am feeling down and I try to wear something besides my fat pants it just makes things worse. I don't feel like talking about things to my hubby really helps. I really love him for listening though. It feels like when I talk about things that are hurting me it gets me even more depressed. I am sure most if not all of this comes from when my dad was sick. I was so young when he died that I have been dealing with this for so long. I can't deal with death at all. I broke down for a long time when I had to put my cat down last year and that was a cat. I still have a hard time talking about the cat. Kind of the same way that I do when I talk about my dad. It just doesn't seem to make things better to tlak about them. Maybe that is why I never say anything and then one day I am just really depressed about everything for weeks at a time.

I am not going to stop living my life I just wish I knew what it was that I could do to stop the way I beat up myself. It isn't fair to anyone especially myself.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Hi all

Just a fly by, went to the fair today, walked and walked and got by on 1 fried dough!

Gonna hit the gym...
Kemp feel better, i too think wee can all have down days, just try not to wollow in it...
hugs,
-L
Old 10-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

I liked what Liz said that in spite of pills, therapy and all that stuff, there are some days when we are just down.

I also had trouble with my clothes but a different sort. I bought these huge track pants last fall but I didn't buy blouses because I intended to lose weight. So I went around wearing Rich's shirts or Ted's shirts. And I didn't have that much I could wear out.

Ted kept saying, buy some clothes that fit and that'll help you feel better. And I would say, no I don't want to waste the money.

This fall, though, I said oh all right. I thought, my first goal is to lose 10% of my body weight and that might take up to six months or more. So I bought clothes that fit me.

It did help me feel better.

About being honest with my points, I figured ... I want to see how much it is I really eat when I overdo it.

I saw two articles online. One talked about "binge eating disorder" and the other talked about a pacemaker for the stomach being an alternate option for weight loss. I found the link again for the second one:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031012/ap_on_he_me/tummy_pacemaker

Still looking for the URL for the first one.

Cassie
Old 10-13-2003, 06:28 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Kempy and Liz:

I have to give ya hugs because in the last week or so I had been feeling the same.

I have a hard time dealing with my grandfathers death and that was last february 10.So we are coming up on a year of his death.Valentines day will never be the same for me; thats the day we buried him.I try not to listen to music or anything that I know reminds me of him; its way to hard.

*hugs*
Old 10-13-2003, 06:57 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Default Hello Ladies!

Kempy & Liz: I'm sorry you're feeling down right now. And I agree with you both about antidepressants-they can help with mood, but they can't do anything about the underlying problems that lead to these down days. I'm not taking antidepressants for that same reason (plus everything I take "May cause drowsiness", and I don't want to end up a zombie ) CIN: I know what you mean. I still have down days (like today ) but JESUS gets me through! Please keep coming here and posting, and know that we all care about you

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!
Closed Thread