Weight Loss Support - Angel's New Better Body October Challenge

Angel26519
10-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Let's start October strong!

Angel26519
10-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Let's do a review to help us remember what we are here for and also if anyone new would like to join us they know what is going on.

Everyone can do something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction of who we are and what are goals are......

I am a newly married (May 3) mother of a 15 & 17 year old (TEENAGE DRIVERS - UGH!!!).... challenging to say the least. Was a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

I am also starting Real Estate School Today! So Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6-10pm I will be in class. Wish me Luck!

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 10 in the month October

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#ish

Exercise Routine: This will be touch and go during the real estate school time! I am hoping to walk my neighborhood - 1 1/2 miles at least 4 days a week. And if I can get any yoga or pilates in GREAT!

Food Routine: Really just trying to control portions, limit sweets

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets. This is going to be so challenging with working full time and then going to school I know that I will be tired and probably come home wanting to eat! Will try to just go to bed instead!

I am currently working on all of the emotional aspects of why I am overweight. I have been reading Dr Phil's book and have had many "ah-ha" moments already. I am hoping to solve all this. I know that there is definetly emotional stuff with all of this and I would like to have help in these areas.....

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point. You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by Halloween.... whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!

rainbowmyst
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Hello Everyone!

Checking in for the month of October! It's already cold in Chicago and I've ended up with the worse case of the sniffles!

Since Angel suggested we recap:

I'm 49.
Married with 2 children.

I began dieting at 240 lbs.
Currently: 177 lbs.
Goal weight: 115 lbs.

I'm on Medifast -- which is a total fast.

I walk when I feel well (not today, for sure!)

Other than that, can't think of much else to say for a recap!

Hope everyone else has a great diet day!

Rainbowmyst

ADL85
10-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Hello!
My name is Amanda.
I'm 18 years old

I am single and living at home with my mom, dad and sister. They aren't the best support system I have. I'm pretty much at this alone here at my house.

I began my dieting at 195 lbs.
I am now 190lbs
My short term goal is to lose 5-10lbs in October
My long time goal is to weigh 135-145

I will continue doing what I have been doing:
Not eating after I had my dinner
Drinking just water
Only snacks I'll have are fruit
Eat one helping at dinner
Move around a lot more
Eat a lot more veggies

Good luck to you all!

Angel26519
10-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Welcome ADL85! We always love have newcomers... it keeps us fresh and fun!

Well I went to my first night of class and apparently I am trying for teachers pet.... I was the only one that had studied prior to class and had all the homework assignments done.... I made a 95 on one quiz and a 100 on the other.... YEAH FOR ME!

Interestingly the teacher said that out of all the people that get their license 80% lose their license or quit the first year and of the 20% left 15% lose their license or quit the 2nd year.... I want to be one fo the ones that are left.....

Anyway, I got on the scale this am and weighed 204...down a pound -----of course then my neighbor called me over and she had made orange rolls.... UGH! I was good and only had two but that is still like 350 calories and tons of sugar.... I used to eat 4! Well I figure I will use that as my breakfast and not feel totaly like I have blown my day!

How is everyone else doing?

Beth- Do you have your house back?

ADL85
10-02-2003, 09:15 AM
I've been doing well. Yesterday I didn't feel too good so I didn't eat much. This morning I had an egg and a piece of toast.

Angel- That's great about your class. I hope you are one of the ones that are left too! Good luck with the rest of your classes!

Hope you all have a good day!

rainbowmyst
10-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Hello Everyone!

Angel -- Glad you are doing so well in your class. I think you will probably like that profession, most people who I know that went into it seemed to really enjoy all its aspects.

Welcome to ADL85. Glad you decided to join our little group.

As for me, things are going okay considering I've had an awful cold (think I caught a lighter case of whatever it was my daughter had). In any event, in spite of it -- I am down another pound and a half to 175.5 lbs. I am hoping to lose at least ten pounds in the month of October, so that's a good start!

I've still been walking as much as I can (took one day totally off because I was feeling "blah") -- but have managed to stay OP except for one day when we had company. When I refused to eat (when my husband asked me to) -- the company decided to ask me to eat (how can I, as hostess, refuse a direct request?)
So one day went up in smoke, but I went back OP the next morning.

Other than that I am FREEZING already and it's only October. If it wasn't for family and my husband's job, I'd leave this state for somewhere nice and warm. I think Angel has the right idea living out there in Georgia!

Hope everyone is having a great diet day. I'll check in tomorrow to get the news. By then, everyone else will probably have caught up with our new October thread.

Rainbowmyst

losinginillinois
10-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Hello Ladies,
I am still among the living. My company is leaving today! Yeah! So hopefully next week I will be back strong and can tell you what has been going on with me. But for know I have lots and I mean lots of cleaning to do.

Glad you all are doing well! Welcome Amanda! Congrats on your class Angel.

See you all next week!

Beth

Angel26519
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone....

I got up this morning and did Pilates.... first time in awhile! I am slowly getting my exercise up again....

Been very busy with working and studying and being a mom..... I know lots of women do this full time while going to college.... I dont know how.... I am lucky that I am only doing this for 2 1/2 months!

Beth- are you running around your house naked now that everyone is gone??? :) Bet your hubby likes it especially with that svelt new body of yours.... :) :)

Rainbow- I hope you are feeling better soon... It is a bummer when you are under the weather!

Red & Lavender- How are you guys doing across the ocean????

ADL85- How is your day going?

And the rest of you - where are you???? we are missing you!

Well I am off! Have a great day all!

ADL85
10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
My day is going pretty well. It's so cold here.
I woke up pretty late so I skipped breakfast and just had lunch. I'm not sure what's for dinner but I'm sure it'll be healthy.
I'm going to so some exercise today. I've been slacking when it comes to exercise. So starting today, I'm going to try my hardest to do it daily.

Hope you're all having a great day!!

redballoon
10-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Hello there all. I found the new thread and just wanted to come in and say Hello!

Angel, thanks for starting up the new thread. Things look a little quiet but that's the way these things go. And people like me don't help, do they? I read the posts because I get the notice since I've subscribed to the thread but I've just been so busy I can't make time to do all these posts. Those two challenges keep me busy and I spend too much time on here as it is.

I need those challenge threads to keep me focused otherwise things would just degenerate into chatting and/or whining. But I do love to relax and hear the news from you people. It's like the other threads are the gym and this is the at-home place to just kick back.

Well, I'm off to the States next week and plan to check in here still. But I should get back for an individual reply post before then.

Till then, take care all you fellow fighters. Keep encouraged and let's just take it a day at a time! Bye for now. :wave:

rainbowmyst
10-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm in a good mood having weighed in this morning at 174.5 lbs. :dance:

To celebrate, I took myself to the mall and bought a dress that is too small for me. If I reach my Christmas goal -- that's what I'll be wearing come the holiday season.

I have to (at this point) have a visual "cue" to help me focus. I carry my "blubber" well. Well enough that I look thinner than I actually am -- my bones are very tiny -- and so it's very deceptive.

Case in point, I got "whistled at" this morning while I was walking in the mall. I had to laugh. First time that's happened in years. I looked around (thinking there HAD to be another woman in the immediate vicinity :chin: -- but no, that fellow apparently thought I looked good). :lol: Talk about a motivation boost.

Still, that kind of thing might lead me to thinking I'm looking okay "enough". To counteract any such absurd notion, I immediately went and purchased a dress that will be quite lovely if I meet my goal by this holiday season -- and will take up closet space if I don't stay focused. I am determined to wear the dress!

Every two weeks that thing is going to come out of the closet and be tried on until it fits properly.

Other than that -- I am OP despite the fact that there is a bag of sourdough pretzles in the house (I have a weakness for pretzels).
Hopefully, the kids will finish them before temptation rears it's ugly head.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful diet day!

Rainbowmyst

ADL85
10-04-2003, 04:16 PM
I'm down 2 more pounds. I weigh 188lbs now.
But I did have pizza last night :(
But all that means is that I have to work harder.
I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks. So for the next 2 weeks I will stay away from pizza...no matter what!

I hope you all are having a great weekend!!

redballoon
10-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone, just thought I'd get in a note while I could. I'd like to be more of a part of this thread than I've been. But, I'll be heading off to the States for a couple weeks on Wednesday and may not get much online time in. Still, I'll be thinking of you all.

rainbowmyst, I'm glad to hear you're feeling good. I love the idea of a too-small dress. That is so much better than focusing on the scale. You "carry your blubber well" do you? :lol: Well, that's good to know. I am surrounded by millions of people like you perhaps. The Japanese are generally built like sparrows. I have never seen such tiny-boned people (there were no Asian-Americans where I grew up). I remember the first time I gave someone a hug I couldn't believe that it felt like there was no one there. So tiny! And yes, I know that the majority of people have a lot of fat on them but it doesn't show when they're clothed. I, on the other hand have very big bones and a lot of muscle so I really look big I suppose even though I'm sure my bodyfat is lower. But, so what, really.

Well, I think you're probably "okay" enough, meaning there's nothing "wrong" with you. But I know (I hope) what you mean. If you want to have a certain body, low fat, whatever than that's your goal and that's what you'll consider OK. It's nice to know that there are lots of tastes in this world. It should just serve to show that "OK" is a totally subjective concept! Good luck on steering clear of the pretzels!

ADL85, hurrah on the weight loss. Heh, you're going to a wedding, so am I. Wouldn't it be something if we were going to the SAME wedding! Good luck on keeping the pizza siren (as in the sirens of the sea) out of hearing!

Angel26519
10-04-2003, 09:28 PM
How is everyone doing????

Well I have had 2 nights of classes so far and boy is it long and hard.... I am enjoying it and probably driving the teacher crazy because I ask the real life questions that no one else seems to be asking.... I figure I am paying for this class and I want to do this for a living and I want to know how it works and what is legal and not legal.... especially after he infromed the class that 80% of people that get licensed lose their license or quit after the 1st year..... I dont want to be one of those.....

Red- So you decided to come over here for that wedding you spoke of awhile back.... I am glad to hear it.... I know that you really wanted to. How is work going for you?

Rainbow- You are doing so great on your weight loss..... I too have a too small item that I keep up to one day wear.... a pair of old jeans of mine..... one day I will be there..... Whistling at you, huh? You Hottie you.... :)

Amanda- WAY TO GO ON THE 2# Weight Loss.... That is great! :) :) :) Having pizza every now and then is good.... If you forbid yourself something that is what you are going to crave and eventually binge on.... just limit yourself and you will be fine....

Had the neighborhood picnic today... one that for some reason I had to plan.... what a pain in the butt- stressful to say the least.... I did well with the eating- had a piece of grilled chicken, 1 spoonful of mac and cheese, and 2 spoons of beans.... I have now planned 8 out of 9 of the last picnics and told everyone else it is now time for someone else to do it....

I hope everyone else is doing great!

My kitten, Cosmo, is following the curser across the monitor and batting at it.... it is quit cute.... he is my work kitty.... he sits on my desk when I am working.... keeping me entertained....

Well I am off to study!

angel4real
10-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Peek- A BooÖÖ..Guess who?

Hello Ladies, Sorry I have been away for so long, but I have had a lot going on, that to be honest with you, I would forget to check in. Id remember when I was already in bed, but then I would tell myself, I would do it first thing in the morning, then as you already know. I would forgetÖ

I guess Iíve been gone so long you could actually consider me a newbie again.

The good news is that I have been staying OP the whole time. And have even lost more weight which Iím totally excited about. I have now lost a total of 24 pounds. Iíll know for sure in the morning when I do my official weigh in.

Ok, well I need to start getting ready for tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure that I came online and said hello to all of you. I have missed you guys, and I will try to make a better effort to post often,

Name: Mia aka Angel4Reak

Short Term Goal: 15 for October

Long Term Goal: 145-155

Exercise Routine: I have a variety of things that I do. I got o Curves, I do Body flex, stepper, walk, and now I have a new Oxycise video that I just started.

Food Routine: Atkins

Water: I try to drink Ĺ my body weight in water.

mscat816
10-05-2003, 11:39 PM
I am new to 3fc and I am loving these forums!

Name: Cat

Age: 47 Height: 5'4" Weight: Beginning 241 - current 235

Clothing Size: 22/24!

Short Term Goal: Break 225 by October 31!
Long Term Goal: 140

Exercise Routine: 25 min. mile and 1/4 on treadmill 3 taw and bowflex with hubby 2 taw

Food Routine: Medical Weight Loss food plan - 3 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 proteins, 3 starches, and 3 nutrients a day

Water: 96 oz

Biggest Weakness: Workaholic - multitasking - overbooking to the point that I forget to eat, drink water, and exercise until too late!

Currently working on making the big 4 a daily/weekly habit - daily required water intake, exercise 3 times a week, get 8 hours of sleep everyday, and 3 MWL plan squares a day.

Also fighting depression, feeling overwhelmed and frustrated which feeds vicious cycle of lack of focus and energy. Because I can't stick to the plan for more than 3 days at a time I have been fighting the same plateau, 230 # since joining MWL and losing the first 10!

Looking forward to reading posts on this forum and getting ideas on how to make these goals a part of my busy lifestyle.

Have a great week!:dizzy:

Angel26519
10-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Hello Everyone!

Angel4Real! We have missed you.... WAY TO GO ON THE 24# Weight Loss! YEAH- YEAH- YEAH!!!!!!!!

I understand the busy- I dont even know where to turn some days!!!!! With real estate school, fulltime work, 2 teenagers, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 husband I am going crazy!

MsCat! Welcome! I so understand the whole multitasking thing! and the forgeting about yourself! My hubby cant understand how I can forget to eat..... it is totally beyond his comprehension!

I am trying to make myself a priority! It is a long process but I am getting there.

ADL85
10-06-2003, 10:41 AM
I was distracted this weekend and I struggled. Today I don't really feel like sticking to the program but I think after I exercise I'll feel better about myself and will be ready to start right back up again.

mscat-Welcome! I'm pretty new around here myself.
Angel4Real- Congrats on the 24lb loss!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

mscat816
10-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Help me out here - should I be responding to your original post or the last one? I am confused about how to keep this in order!

Anyway, I had a good day except I am up 2 lbs!:?: 237!!! I did well on most of my goals - it wasn't perfect - but I wasn't totally off the beaten path either.

My goals this week are to get my 3 squares in before 7 p.m. and drink my 98 oz of water each day. I got the 3 squares in but it was 8 p.m. before my last meal. I was short on 1 serving of veggies and 1 serving of fruit. I only got in 74 oz of water but the night is not over.

I did all my crunches and 1/3 of my pushups for the day. The best news is I passed up a delicious, gargantuan chocolate chip cookie! :cb:

Thanks everyone for your posts - I am inspired and comforted to know that setbacks happen to everyone and yet, we still perservere!:bravo:

angel4real
10-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Cat, i Usually respond to the last post, or if you scroll to the bottom you will see an area that says Quick Reply. Either way is fine.
congratulations on passing up that gargantuan chocolate chip cookie! I know how hard that must have been. Im on Atkins so I pass up anything with sugar in it. It's gotten much easier as time goes on. It's been so long since I have had anything wtih sugar in it that I dont even miss it anymore.

ok well i almost forgot, i need to do some stuf online b4 i forget again. Hope everyone is doing good.
see ANgel. i posted 2 days in a row. Im on a roll. lol

Mia

losinginillinois
10-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Hello Everyone!
It seems like so long since I have had time to check in! But my company is officially gone and my house is almost back in order. So I have some free time now. Not a lot but some. It sounds like we are all really busy!!

Angel it sounds like you are really enjoying your classes! I am sure you will do really well at it. How did your big meeting go with your boss?

Angel 4 real glad you are back. Congrads on the loss!

Welcome Cat and ADL!

Rainbow and Red glad you are still around!

As far as the diet goes I have been maintaing. i am about 2-3 lbs under my goal weight which is what I want to try to do. Having a few pounds to play with is helpful. Eating has not been so great but I think the exericise makes a big difference.

Well I have to run for now but I am glad you are all still here!

Beth

Angel26519
10-07-2003, 05:25 PM
IT IS SO NICE TO SEE EVERYONE!!!!!!

BETH- So glad to see your life is getting back to normal! I know the chaos has been around for awhile.... I am so amazed that you have been able to maintain your weight loss in all of this! WAY TO GO!!!!

MIA- Two days in a ROW.... Watch out this will become a habit :)

MSCAT- What we typically do is when we start a new thread we post a refresher of who we are and what are goals are.... then as we go along we let everyone know how we are doing, what we are doing, watever we want to say.... we are here to support you in any way that we can.... WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!! AND You passed by choc chip cookie???? WOW!!!

ADL85- I know how hard it is somedays to stay on program.... the great thing to remember is that you always get a new day..... you dont have to fall completely off the wagon you can just stumble a little bit....

REDBALLOON- Hope your trip is going wonderfully well and you are having a great time.... see you back soon!

RAINBOW- How are you doing????? How much longer do you have on your fasting?

As for me- still doing the classes.... and I am loving it.... just alot of studying.....

As for the meeting with my boss.... I still apparently have my job for another 30 days which I guess is good but at the same time I kinda wish I was laid off so that I could get unemployment while I am studying..... they still dont know if they are going to lay someone off or not.... So maybe November 1st will be the day....

My eating really has slowly started getting a little worse everyday.... I went for 2 weeks on the no sugar, low carb thing and had really broken the craving factor but I am slowing adding all that garbage right back in and I know it is all mental stress stuff.... but it is still a bad thing....

My daughter is going to Florida this weekend and my hubby is going to Savannah for a golfing outing.... and my son is working most of the weekend so I hope to get caught up on everything this weekend and recharge my batteries....

angel4real
10-07-2003, 06:05 PM
make that 3 days in a row... I guess they say if you do something for 21 days straight it becomes habit... Im gonna try to see it it's true. LOL
ANgel what ever happens with your job situation< im sure everything will work out for the best. Its funny that you are taking real estate classes, becasue just about a month ago i told my bf that i was thinking about taking Real estate classes just for the heck of it, but I cant seem to get myself to do it. Maybe you will end up motivating me to do that also. :-)

Ok, must get back to work,,

Mia

redballoon
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm just leaving for my flight now. Well, in about an hour.
I'll try to check in while I'm in the States.

Take care everyone and keep up with the weight loss work!!

Bye for now!

orange_bottle
10-08-2003, 12:56 AM
Heya Guys! I've been away for a month. I think I was busy and I totally forgot about dietingand I'm kinda late for October...haha! I decided to join again so here it is...

Name: Kiti a.k.a ORANGE

Starting WEight: 167lbs. (June 29, 2003)
Current Weight: 140-142lbs. (it fluctuates)

Short Term Goal: 130 lbs. by the 30th of October

Long Term Goal: 110-115 lbs.

Exercise Routine: Nothing in particular. I try to walk as much as i can. I want to start going to the gym.

Food Routine: Eat only one real meal a day. I drink a lot of diet supplements and slimming tea

Biggest Weakness: BINGEING! and forgetting about diet. I am good at dieting for several days then suddenly i get so hungry i'd eat whatever i want.

I want to loose weight because it boosts my confidence. I think it has been the source of my insecurity. Losing weight makes me feel darn good! Some people told me that I lost weight so fast. But I don't think so. I think that I'm still not doing my best to lose weight So, now, I'm trying hard to get to my ideal weight...25 lbs. away!

Thanks for all your support guys!

:?:My friends told me not to go to the gym til I get to my goal weight. They said if i start going to the gym right now i'll never get thin. Is that true? or just hoax

angel4real
10-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Orange, Hi I was away from 3FC for a while also, but at least we found out way back.

I think the reason that your friends are tellling you not to go to the gym is probably because you will build muscle and may not see a weight loss right away. I was going to a Weight loss clinic a couple of years ago, and the nurse actually told us not to go the gym until we were close to our Goal weight. I never understood why, but Muscle weighs more than fat , but who cares as long as the inches are melting away. i work out at a Curves 3 times a week. Exersice helps me... It helps to strengthen and tone. so it's not a bad idea. Or maybe they just want you all to them selves and thats why they dont want you to join. Either way.. You need to do what is best for you. The ultimate decision is yours.

orange_bottle
10-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. You are probably right. I might as well lose at least 15 more lbs. before working out.

Anyone who drinks supplemets or those fat burner things?

I am soo glad I'm back here. It's such a relief. :-)

Angel26519
10-08-2003, 09:48 AM
ORANGE- Welcome back! So glad to see you.... As for working out..... you may not see the number on the scale move at first because muscle does weigh more than fat but you will lose inches a whole lot faster..... also once the muscle is there you will start losing weight faster because muscle burns more calories than fat..... I would recommend going to the gym and starting slowly to build muscle.... you will look alot better.....

Also be careful on the drink supplements and all.... that may be why you binge some..... they are fine for a short term thing but long run may not be the best..... part of the problem with drink supplements is that your body really craves the chewing action of eating and if you are drinking your calories your body may not realize that you have had anything..... just be careful.... you know your body.... listen to it..... Rainbow has been on Medifast I believe for awhile and she may have information for you also.....

It is so nice to see you!

ANGEL4REAL- You are definetly going to make this a habit! I am loving the real estate school.... it isnt easy but I think this is where GOD wants me.... I do seem to have a passion for it.... (ask me agina in a year :) With what I am doing right now I am so on burn out! I just have no motivation at all..... could be they have taking all my motivation... I dont know.... I know that whatever happens, happens for a reason!

REDBALLON- Hope you have a safe and fun trip.... Enjoy yourself!

Beth, Amanda, MsCat, and Rainbow- How are you guys doing?

As for me, I am going to try to get back on program this week and really start focusing on me again..... today is a little hard.... it is a rainy, gloomy day and I just want to crawl back under the covers and sleep.... I am definetly someone affected by the sun....

Hope everyone has a great day.... I am off to study.... should say off to work but 'oh well'.

angel4real
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Hey Angel, im still on a ROllllllllllllllllllllll.. lol

SO what is it that you do right now that has been draining the life out of you? Im lucky that I like my job, I just wish it was something that I Love.
My bf keeps promising me that I will be able to quit my job in a couple of years and just travel with him.
He is in a band, and they have something good going, if they are lucky enough to get a record contract, they will be doing alot of traveling. Im keeping my fingers crossed. I'd love to just live to travel.. probably wishful thinking though.

Oh well, doesnt hurt to dream.. :-)

i'll check back later
MIa

Angel26519
10-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Mia- You are going to become a regular again!!!!!

I am currently in commercial construction sales.... I sell Wall Protection like Corner Guards and Handrails that you see in hospitals... and then commercial vinyl wallcovering..... I used to really love it.... but now I am drained and tired of it.... I have been doing it for about 11 Years..... time for something new....

Traveling with the band could be fun.... as long as you get to go to fun places and not some po dunk town in the middle of nowhere.... :)

Well I am about to head to bed.... school was a little long tonight!

orange_bottle
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Angel, hope everything is alrightee. How about looking for another job? I'm resigned from my work ...after 8 days...hahaha! I simply don't like the work. I am currently applying in call centers here. I have to work my American accent though coz I will work with American customers...

Mia, I wish your boyfriend all the luck. Maybe you could post his pic here *wink* *wink*

I bought a lot of diet stuff yesterday...not really diet stuff but organin crackers, cheese, tuna and stuff. I was supposed to eat these things for lunch but my father bought me a nice meal. So I have to eat rice and pork...eeewwww! But I thought it i'll prolly break his heart if I don't taste it at all. So I ate a little.

I'm going out in a couple of hours. I'm gonna buy slimming tea snd Q-10 enzyme. I really ahve to exercise!

ADL85
10-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Hey, guys! Sorry I wasn't around the last few days. I'v been doing great on my diet but I've been distracted mentally. Hopefully, I can get back to posting here.

I've been doing a lot more exercise. It feels great. I still don't enjoy it, but when I am done I feel so much better. I've started to drink soda again so tomorrow's goal is to quit again.

Well, I hope you all are having a good week and all is going well. Talk to you soon!

losinginillinois
10-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Hello Ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I have been hanging in here! Let me tell you maintaining is not all its cracked up to be. I could cheat more when i was heavier and still lose. But now I guess I am going to have to be a lot strictier on myself. I am still a little under goal weight but I have gained the last 2 weeks. So any little cushion I had is slowly being ate up (literally)!

So I am going to have to be much better then I have been. I have been doing great on the exercise but not the eating which is what really counts.

Well I hope to see you all again soon! Good luck this weekend!

Beth

SW 200
GW135
CW 134

orange_bottle
10-09-2003, 11:03 PM
:o AMANDA I'm glad to hear that you are exercising more. I, myself really hate exercising. I can't get myself to do it. I wake up late every morning so it's not really advisable to jog coz it's too hot. I go home late and it's prolly not a good idea to jog also. I have several exercise tapes here at home but my room is too crowded to exercise. lol. I just dunno what to do...

:^: BETH Whoah! I just noticed ur SW and CW. Goodah! Goodah! How many months did it actually take you to loose all those weight? I'm losing motivation. Coz I am hardly losing weight...unlike a couple of months ago :?: .... It's a miracle to lose at least 1 lb. a week. garsh!

I rented 40 days and 40 nights and I love it. So I have this vow...I will not eat meat for 21 days. Coz I think 40 days is way too long for me...hahaha! Wish me luck....

I hope all of you are doing great! :-)

angel4real
10-10-2003, 01:07 AM
I was just checking in before bed time... trying to make this a habit. :-)

Beth, WOW congrats, I didn't know that you made your goal weight.
Ok well i don thave much to say tongiht. Im too tired. so Im off to hug my pillow.

g-nite

MIa

Angel26519
10-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well.....

Mia- We are going to get used to seeing you again..... How is the diet and exercise going? What are you doing?

Orange- Hi There!!!! Maybe you could just get some hand weights and lift them while watching tv.... just an idea.....

ADL- WAY TO GO on the Exercise.... I do think it is key! I need to get back on track...

Beth- I am proud of you for staying so focused and making sure that you dont go back up.....

I have a friend that lost 85#s and what she does because she is not a fan of the scale is she bought a chain that she wears around her waist.... whenever it starts getting tight she cuts back..... she hasnt had it off her waist in 7 years....

Rainbow- How are you doing???? How much more time on the Medifast do you have?

Hi Red- Hope you are enjoying the US.... talk to you soon....

As for me.... My goals today are to drink 8 glasses of water, go for a walk, clean my house and study..... I have class tonight and I figure I probably wont do much work today.... wanting to go see some movies this weekend while everyone is gone....

Went and saw "Under the Tuscon Sun" the other day and loved it.... set in Italy and I so want to go back.... I am missing it!

rainbowmyst
10-12-2003, 02:22 AM
Hello Everyone!

I've been off dieting for almost a week due to the flu.

I'm still not well. I will restart Medifast as soon as I'm better.

Hope you are all doing well.

Rainbowmyst

angel4real
10-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Hi Angel, Exercise is going well. I'm still going to Curves 3 times a week, and I also do my body flex, and now I do my Oxycise. So I'm still keeping myself busy. My only problem is trying to get below that 200 mark. Last week I was at 200.5 then when I weighted in on Friday, I was up a half pound. I hate when I stall for more than a week. `I get frustrated because my boyfriend has lost 40 pounds and I have only lost about 23.5. I know, I know. Men have a faster metabolism than women, but I think Men Suck.

Rainbow, I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that you start feeling better very soon. So has Medifast been working for you? How much weight have you lost since you started back on it?

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Ok ladies well itís way past my bed time and there is still one more thread I need to check in on, so I will check back later.

Mia

Angel26519
10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Rainbow- I hope you feel better soon.... the flu is awful!

Mia- I understand what you mean.... I have been battling the 200# myself.... I am so looking forward to the 100's again.....

My problem lately is stress eating.... and with work and class and teenagers I am stressing alot! I know I need to sit down and make a schedule for everything including food and exercise time!

How is everyone else doing???? My weekend has been quite... hubby and friends went on a golfing expedition all weekend, daughter went to visit Memaw in florida and son worked most of the weekend.... so I studied and cleaned the house.....

orange_bottle
10-12-2003, 10:55 PM
ANGEL the idea of putting chains around my waist is wayy to funny. lol. btw, i like ur signature... it is truly inspiring :-)

RA IN BO W I hope ur okay now. Mind telling me more bout Medifast?

MIA Good. Godd. You are exercising a lot!

I'm a real bum nowadays. I don't ahve a job yet so I basically stay at home. I just go out when I submit reumes or when I have interviews. I'm going to watch a movie later though. My brother in college has no classes today coz I think it's already their semestral break. So school is officially out!

I think not having a job is really putting a lot on stress on me...

losinginillinois
10-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Hello Everyone!
Well I am still not doing so hot with eating. I am still exercising everyday but my eating is not so hot. Of course my mil does not help when she bakes several times a week. She has to have biscuits with everything and she loves to cooks with something called fat back. Just the thought of it is gross. Its not easy having someone live with you that has totally different ideas then you. Can you tell that it is starting to get old. Just think this will be my life for the next couple of years AAAAH!!

Well the one bright spot is that dh and are going away for a couple of days by our selves!!! YEAH!!! I can't wait! We are leaving Thurs morn. But I am off Wed, thurs and Fri this week. I am so happy! My parents are coming here to help my mil with the dk's which I am very happy about. I would not rest easy if it was just my mil.
Rainbow Hope you feel better. Having the flu is the pits!

Angel I hope your weekend alone was well enjoyed!

Orange and Mia good to see you!

Well I gotta run for now. Hopefully I will have a chance to post before my trip!

Red hope you are having fun in the states!

Beth

angel4real
10-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Orange, I donít think that Angel meant a real chain. Like the kind you would attach a lock to.
You can buy a really cute chain belt. It would look fashionable. And no one would ever know the reason behind the chain.
I donít really feel like I am exercising a lot. Body flex is so easy and itís donít sitting down for the most part, and Oxycise is just breathing and stretching exercises. I wish I could stay home sometimes, you may be a real bum, but I think youíre a lucky bum. :- ) I hope that when you finally do get back to work itís at a job that you really like doing.

Rainbow, Are you feeling any better? So how much have you lost with Medifast?

Beth, I donít know how you do it. I mean live with your mil. I did it when I was married, and itís probably what helped end my marriage. She and I did not get along to save our lives. I hope that isnít the case with you and her. I hope that you and DH really enjoy your weekend away together.

Ok, well I hope that everyone else is doing well, Have a great OP day.

Mia

orange_bottle
10-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Hello People! Just dropping by...

Hope all of you guys are doing okay with ur lives...especially with diet..lol

Angel26519
10-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing great!

My eating hasnt been too bad today.... going to dinner tonight with my mother - who is in town - at La Luna's.... true Italian... It is so bad but oh so good!!!!

I have been studying most of the day.... havent done much for work - oh well- I am just not motivated to do anything!

angel4real
10-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Im just checking in so i dont forget about you all.

And while Im here I wanted to ask you for helo with something.
My boyfriend is writing a song, and he asked for my help. He wants me to help him write it. So now I need your help. :- ) What I need is pretty simple.
What is your idea or definition of High- Maintenance?
A few of the things that I came up with is :

Money and Materialistic. ( always want you to spend on them) buy me this, buy me that.
Time consuming.( always wants to control your time)
Needs alot of attention.
Selfishness

So if anyone can add anything to this, I would appreciate it.

Mia

sheridanw
10-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Hi, I'm new here and am working on losing some weight. I can't afford Weight Watchers (which is what all my friends are doing), so I'm trying to do it on my own. I have 18 pounds to lose...
I've been really encouraged reading about people's successes. It's motivating me to just say no (to sweets; we had a party at the class I teach last night, and one of my students gave me a "gift" of a box of Krispy Kremes. Yikes! Talk about temptation...)
Sheri

angel4real
10-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Sherri, Welcome!
You are joining a great group of women. I wish I only had 18 pounds to lose.

So what are you doing to try to lose the weight. Im' doing Atkins and have lost 24 pounds since July 25th.

Ok well I really should get back to work,
I look forward to gettin to know you.

Mia

angel4real
10-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Orange, I was reading back on the posts and saw what you said about posting my bf's pics, I found one of him on his drums. He was tuning his toms.
He'd kill me if he knew so shhhhhhhh

orange_bottle
10-15-2003, 03:44 AM
Hmmm.. where are the other guys?

I am not sure if my eating is bad or whatever. hehehe...

Hope I'll drop to 130 lbs. before November 2. And a couple of more pound before we go swimming on Novermber 8th.... :-)

Angel26519
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sheri.... WELCOME!!!!!! We are so glad that you joined us... if you need help with your plan let us know.... we are all doing something a little different so lots of different ideas!

Well I got my butt out of bed this morning and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes..... I have got to get back into the workout mode.... I found this dress that I really want... I dont know why - it isnt something that I would normally wear and I am not sure where I would wear when i got it (except maybe for a private viewing for my hubby :) ) It is TRASHY!!! and it is great!And I want it!!!! But I have lots to lose before I can get into it.

I am trying to get everything back on track....

High Maintenace: you summed it up pretty well Angel4real....
Self Absorbed, selfish, jealous of attention paid elsewhere... someone that is consumed with their appearance.... i hope that helps you!

Beth- I hope you enjoy your few days away.... sounds like you need it.... I know it must be very hard having your mil living with you.... challenging to say the least!

Orange- How are you doing? Have you found a job yet? Swimming in November???? Must be warm water down there....

Rainbow- How is everything with you? Is the flu gone? I hope so that can really take it out of you!

How is everyone else doing? We are missing you guys!

fern
10-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Well I have been doing my exercise but I am not sure about my weight. I am very bloated with fluid. So I will check in a few days for a more accurate results. I do need to get more veggies in the house. I have been trying to also think about why I eat. My Mother died when I was 20, I also have a brother who was placed in a state school for severe MR(5 years old). He still lives there, we see him every couple of months since it is in another state. Food gives me comfort,it makes me feel good. So why does it make me feel good? why do I need to have the comfort food in my life. These things I will need to work on.

angel4real
10-15-2003, 02:33 PM
Orange, I dont have pics of the other members yet.
WHen I do finally get some, I'll post so you can see them.

Mia

sheridanw
10-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Angel,
Thank you for the welcome! Here's what I'm trying, it isn't a formal diet, although in the past I've tried Atkins.
-Told my husband, "Even if I beg you, do NOT buy chocolate for me" (I tend to do this :)
-Started cutting down on high-fat foods such as cheese (I eat mostly vegetarian, have for years, but I LOVE cheese).
-Decided to eat fruit instead of Krispy Kreme donuts (you think I'm joking???? I really have a true carb addiction. Sugar is my drug of choice, it seems).
-Made a commitment to walk 2 miles a day. I have always exercised some, but have slacked off recently (got busy, etc.).
Wow, this is great. Now I have accountability, since I've shared it with you guys!
Sheri

angel4real
10-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Sheri, Just keep in mind that Fruit is also sugar. only it's natural sugar. But it still stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin, which causes the body to store fat, so remember not to over do it on the fruit.

sheridanw
10-15-2003, 08:43 PM
Angel,
Thanks. I know. I need to find that happy balance, and watch out even for natural carbs. I exercised today (good) but then had some of my husband's French Fries (bad). We took my son to the airport this evening since he's spending the rest of the week with his dad, it's a school holiday here, and my hubbie bought French Fries at the snack bar and starting eating them in front of me.
I told him this is a form of cruelty when someone is trying to lose weight and can't resist potatoes in any form...

Angel26519
10-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Fern- Figuring out why you eat is the first great step.... so much of the time we dont even know we are doing it for all the wrong reasons! That is great that you are figuring that out.... just keep on going....

Sheri- It looks like you are going in the right direction also.... your plan is looking pretty good...

Well I exercised this am (YEAH!!!!) and have had 9 glasses of H2O. I ate about 1800 calories which is more than what I would like but I am getting back on track!

Had school tonight.... I am off to bed....

orange_bottle
10-16-2003, 12:19 AM
SHERI Welcome! 18 lbs. to lose. That's pretty cool. You can do that in a matter of time girl.

MIA ;) Really Cool. He looks really cool.
:cp:

:chin: and about high-maintenance...like girls who won't eat at fastfood because they only like to eat at upscale restaurant. or those girls who put much attention on their looks that they don't want to do stuff which requires them to sweat. haha!

ANGEL I have another interview tomorrow. Wish me luck... :faint: Is it warm here? I'm in a tropical country. lol. But it' pretty cold I just want to hang-out with my clique.

FERN Hello!

Well, I'm doing good. As far as I know. I have this feeling that I will reach my short-term goal. It looks kinda impossible but I'll try make it possible.

I burned the rice. I was concentrating on reading your posts that I forgot that I ws cooking. lolz. Nweiz, I am minimizing my rice intake and increasing fruit intake.

Ohwell, goodluck guys!

Btw, did you guys continue the picture porgress website?

sheridanw
10-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Oh, just so folks know: I already lost 20 pounds (I used to weight 195); then lost motivation for these last 18 pounds (in fact, I GAINED some of the pounds back these past 2 weeks).
Thought I should mention this...
Thanks for the welcomes,
Sheri

losinginillinois
10-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Hello All!

Well I am getting ready to leave in a couple of hours. I could not sleep so I went ahead and got up. I guess you could say that I am exicited!

Welcome Fern and Sheridan! Sounds like you are quys are figuring things out. Sheridan congrats on the weight loss so far.

Well I wish I could weigh in this week because I think I have had a loss but dh and I won't have time before we leave. I know I am going to be eating all kinds of festival food the next couple of days. But we will walk anywhere from 3-5 miles a day or more. So I am not to worried. Plus we usually only eat two meals. I am going to take some good snacks with me to. But I may at least have an elephant ear and split it with dh. Bad BAD BAD!! LOL!

Well I am gotta run hold down the fort while I am gone!

Beth

orange_bottle
10-16-2003, 07:41 AM
I realized that I haven't eaten meat for 5 days already. And I'm not really tempted. Wohoo! 15 more days to go. Hope I could last until Day 20. If not then... :eek: hahaha

fern
10-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Angel ,hi to the cosmo! We are a cat house,have 2 older cats. I hope everyone has a great weight loss day. i know we can get a pound off. We have each other to think of every time we go to put food in our mouth. we have each other with every step we take, every exercise we do. Keep up the good work. Boot camp is supposed to be tough and strong. Challenge yourself.

rainbowmyst
10-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Hello Everyone!

Sorry I've been gone so long but something isn't right with me. At first I thought it was the flu -- now I am beginning to wonder if it's some kind of hormonal imbalance caused by perimenopause.

I've got constant migranes and I'm terribly nauseous. I don't seem to be getting any better and I've been off Medifast for almost two weeks because I can't fast when I feel so sick.

If it doesn't let up soon, I'll have to see the gynecologist because I'm fairly sure this is due to hormones. If it were the flu, it would have passed by now.

Hope to up, around, and back to dieting soon. Sorry I am not around to give much support, but I've been spending most of my days lying in bed because I am so queasy.

Rainbowmyst

sheridanw
10-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Rainbowmist:
Those symptoms sound pretty awful. Migraines can cause nausea if they're severe; have you had them checked out by a doctor?
I hope you start feeling better soon.
I'm getting pretty close to perimenopause myself, which is one reason I'm trying to eat healthier.
okay, current stats:
SW 195
CW: 175
GW: 157
(I'm 5'10" tall).

I did exercise today (hooray!) and had veggies at lunch. We're out of lite bread, so I had a flour tortilla earlier for a snack (bad!)
I need to go to the store and get more lite bread; I can't survive without bread so it helps me make it through the day...
Sheri

angel4real
10-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Rainbow, I hope that you feel better soon, and that it is nothing serious. Maybe you shouldnít wait to see Dr, go and find out what is going on with you before whatever it is could have a chance to get worse. Better to be safe than sorry.

Orange, what kind of diet are you on that you canít eat meat. I'm on Atkins, and that is the biggest part of my diet. I can give up the carbs, but I canít give up the meat.

Ok, well I just wanted to just drop a quick line before hitting the sack..
Iíll check back tomorrow, hope every one is doing good.

Mia

Misti in Seattle
10-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone!

I haven't been around for a while but decided to check back in. I'm doing things a bit differently this time around as I'm being tested at a health store for metabolism, blood/urine/saliva/digestion tests, etc., an also starting the eating right for your blood type. Normally I stay away from anything that could be called "gimmicky" but I've been studying this one and feel it is worth a try.

When I exercise I generally "go crazy" at it... but this time I'm doing what it says... at least 30-40 minutes 3 or 4 times a week of strenuous exercise.

Wishing all of you well!

Sue

rainbowmyst
10-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Hi Everyone!

Perimenopause is going to be the death of me. All this suffering was apparently due to PMS. What is happening to me? I HATE THIS! I always had migranes, but they only lasted one day just before TOM arrived. I was sicker than a dog for the past ten to twelve days and convinced it was the flu for almost a week before I thought it might be hormones. Everything is so irregular I don't even know when to expect TOM anymore.

I am afraid to step on the scale. After not Medifasting for over ten days and lying in bed with ragining headaches and nausea -- I won't be surprised if I ended up gaining ten pounds.

The queer part is that par for the course, the moment TOM started, all the symptoms vanished. So for the first time in days I don't have a raging headache and I am not sick to my stomach.

I don't know how I am ever going to lose weight if this PMS keeps getting worse whenever TOM decides to show up.

I'm going to restart Medifast on Sunday...but I've lost two weeks of time on my schedule and probably went backwards a little on my weight loss. *sigh*

Hope you all did better than me.

Rainbowmyst

orange_bottle
10-18-2003, 12:31 AM
Just dropping by. Im a little bit sick but I'm off to a party! This only happens once in a life time, I don't care if I'm sick.

Hope you all have a nice day!

sheridanw
10-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Rainbow,
I'm sorry your PMS is doing this to you. Makes it really hard to keep active or lose when you feel that bad...
dance4joy: let me know how the tests go, and if this approach helps. Like you, I enjoy exercising; my only problem is I then eat more than ever!
Fern: what you said is so true.
I ate out and had fajitas last night, blew my diet but only had 1 tortilla instead of my normal 3 (a small victory) .
I'm hoping to stick to my 1200 calories today, wish me luck...
Sheri

Angel26519
10-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!

Sorry I havent posted in a few days.....

School has been long and hard but I am enjoying it.... It only goes until end of November.... I can make it!!!!

Had my first exam Friday and made an 98!!!!! :) :) :) The teacher was shocked.... apparently I am the 1st 98 he has ever had... he said he didnt make his exams for people to get in the 90's..... the closest in my class was an 89!

I am now onto the 2nd section... it is supposed to be the hardest one.... lots of terms and legal stuff.... wish me luck!

I have walked twice in the last 3 days and have tried to control my eating to some extent.... but still not super focused on it... the stress of school and work have been getting me..... my boss called and wants another meeting with me Tuesday... maybe I will be laid off then.... who knows.... I just wish I knew one way or another! I hate the hanging out here....

Rainbow- I hope you can get some help on the PMS./... I know how bad it can be... I had lots of problems when I had it...

Sheri- Way to go on the 20# weight loss.... you can do the rest I know....

Dance- Nice seeing you again! I hope the diet works for you... let us know how you are doing on it....

Orange- How did the interview go? I hope you are feeling better...

Beth- How was your weekend away? I need one of those desperately!

Mia- You are doing great with the posts! See you are becoming a regular! :) How is everything doing for you????

Fern- How are you doing? Cosmo is getting big (well it is hard to tell that because Rommie my other cat is 22#s) He is too cute and you just want to love him to death.... he and cooper (one of the wondermutts that I found) are the best buddies.... they sleep together and hang out with each other.... this little 6# kitten rules this 65# dog.... it is too cute. Cosmo helps me work all day and helps on the computer!

Well I am off to bed.... I have studied today about 7 hours.... my dear hubby made homemade pasta and meat sauce.... we learned it when we were in Italy at the cooking school.... it was so good and kept him out of my hair for most of the day!

angel4real
10-20-2003, 01:28 AM
Angel, Congratulations on your test. Im sure that you will continue to do well on all your future tests. Im trying really hatrd to keep posting regularly here. Im trying to discipline myself to make time for it. Even if it is just a short post, at least Im here. :-)

it's 10:30 and I just got home, but im already for bed. I just wanted to check in because I know i may be too busy during the day to read posts, but I will check in again in the evening.

hope everyone is doing well
Mia

orange_bottle
10-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Heya guys...i've been slacking off...in terms of dieting...BUT at least i am still keeping my vow of not eating pork, beef and chicken :-) tomorrow im gonna drink beer, gin and a lot of alcoholic drinks...cool! hahaha

sheridanw
10-20-2003, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone. I walked today (good). I bought a dozen bagels yesterday, and had three today (bad). But I cut out a lot of other stuff (good).
I've decided that I can't go into bagel stores any more. The urge to buy them, and to binge on carbos is too great. I need to treat my carb urges like what they are: a real addiction, and act accordingly.
Sheri

orange_bottle
10-21-2003, 09:00 AM
Where's everybody?

losinginillinois
10-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Hello Ladies!

My weekend was fun. I am ready to leave again. My 2 year old dd has been getting me up at 5:30 in the morning. When you work second this is not a good thing. She doesn't want to go to bed at night either. Probably time to cut out naps but I enjoy that little time to myself!
My eating has been not so hot but I am keeping up the exericise so we will see how it goes at weigh in this week!

Congrads on your test Angel! I have to run. I have lots of catch up work to do from being gone!

Beth

angel4real
10-21-2003, 11:51 PM
It sure was quiet in here today. i hope that everyone is doing well and staying OP.

Angel26519
10-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Sorry about not posting yesterday!

I had this major meeting with my bosses that lasted forever! It was a major stress event.... they didnt lay me off as I had hoped but it looks like it will happen in January from what I can tell which will be fine bacuase I should have my real estate license by then.

I did really well yesterday with the stress. In the past I would have really binged. I didnt! Everytime I had the urge I would drink a glass of water.... I drank over 14 glasses of water during the meeting! Can you say Potty Breaks!

ANyway, This class I am taking now is really challenging! A lot more studying! I hope I can do as well this time around.

Beth- Glad you had a great weekend. I need one bad but it will be awhile!

I have got to work on getting the exercise in I just havent found the time lately.

angel4real
10-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Where is everyone today. i hope that this silence only means that youa re all busy.
I hope everyone is donig well.

Mia

losinginillinois
10-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Hello Everyone!
Well I have been busy. I am really tired this week also. I need some more time off just to catch up with sleep!
Well I managed to lose 1.75 this week. Which was good because the 2 weeks before I gained. I like to have that little leeway. My eating has been out of control though. Its the exericise that is balancing it out. I would not have to work so hard if I tried to eat better. UUGH! I thought at this point that it would not feel like the food still controls me but it does. Does that ever get better?

Hope all is well!

Beth

Angel26519
10-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Beth- It is great that you are keeping a watch so that it doesnt all creep back up on you.... I dont know if you ever get over that control of food.... I would like to hope so but I am not sure. You are doing really well! Keep up the good work!

Red- Are you back from the US yet? How was your trip!

I have been in a real rut... depression is really starting to set in with all this work stuff. I wish that this was all behind me.... I want this over! I am hoping that I am going in the right direction. We shall see!

Rainbow- How are you feeling? Are you better now? I hope so!

I hope everyone else is doing good!

angel4real
10-25-2003, 05:13 PM
What? This cant be!!!! 1 whole day and not a single peep out of anybody. Where is everyone? I was not able to post yesterday because of issues at work, then I got home late last night and had to cook dinner. We watched a movie while eating dinner, and after that I was too tired to log on. I hope that everyone is doign well. It seems that the activity on this thread has slowed down. I hope it doesnt die out. I really look forward to reading everyones postings. OK, im going to assume that the quiet day only means that everyone is keeping very busy. I'll be checking back soon to see if anyone is still out there.

Mia

rainbowmyst
10-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Hello Everyone!

I'm back among the living (sort of)!

The past few weeks have not been good. I've been too ill to Medifast and I haven't bothered to weigh myself for fear of getting depressed.

For the first time in almost three weeks I'm feeling okay -- so I am going to try to restart tomorrow. I'll bite the bullet and weigh myself (and probaby dissolve into tears).

I am going to have to do something about this perimenopause. Inasmuch as I LOATHE going to the gynecologist, I realize I simply can't live like this. I have hot flashes, then I'm freezing cold, I have night sweats, I can't sleep, then I'll sleep for 20+ hours, I get depressed and emotional, and at times, hungry enough to eat a herd of elephants. This is not conducive to dieting and although it seems to have "stopped" for awhile -- this will probably return on the next hormonal cycle (whenever that is). The only bad thing is the last time he put me on something for this problem I gained 40 pounds. I stopped taking the stuff to lose weight and I'd hate to put it all back on.

Other than that -- not much else is new.

Hope you are all doing much better than I am.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
10-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Hi Everyone!

It is pretty quite in hear.... I hope everyone is doing well!

I have been really busy with studying for real estate and work. Hubby's friend has been in town this weekend to help us work on the porch so we have been doing that also.

I have also been very tired lately.... believe it is part of the depression that is coming on that i have really been trying to fight. I know that if I can just get through this part of my life I will be fine. It is just all this transition stuff that I am dealing with. I just want it to be over.

Rainbow- I understand about the hormonal stuff... I gained weight (@ 55# in 3 months) after my hysterctomy. I can tell you this I would rather be overwieght than have all the problems I was having.... it is still hard to be this way but I think it is better than how I was living. I wish you well! Keep posting with us and we will give you as much support as we can!

Everyone post- we are missing you!

fern
10-27-2003, 10:45 AM
my weight has gonde up 2 pounds ,oh no! So I am trying to decrease my carbs, eat veggies and meat for my meals.I have been hunting for new recipes.
Emotionaly was a diffecult past 2 days but I have gotten over it and feel better.
Exercise has been going well. Using the advanced walk 3 miles tape I have, plus outside walking. So I feel great about this aspect of things.
I am listening to a tape about Sommersizing. I am not familiar with this so it is interesting. I like the idea I can have oatmeal then eat little carbs the rest of the day. I shall do some meal plans to see what I can come up with. It rainy and windy so my plan for today is to cycle 5 miles and do some walking cd. I did do a short 1.5 mile walk when the rain was less this morning. I am trying very hard. Now have the 4 pounds to get off. But I will keep this going ,.

rainbowmyst
10-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone!

It's going to take me a couple days to backtrack and read all the messages I missed while away -- I've gathered that Beth is having success in maintenance and that Angel is well on her way to a real estate license. Red's out of town and Orange isn't eating meat. Fern seems to be doing great with exercise (which I find the hardest thing to commit myself to)...

I haven't caught up with the others yet, I am still backreading posts...it's going to take me a day or so.

Today my daughter had off from school, so we went to the beauty salon for haircuts and she needed a touch up.
I sat across from her in the food court while she polished off some Chinese take out and it didn't bother me at all.
That's the queer thing about this -- whenever my cycle ends, I can be as good as gold on Medifast until the next PMS cycle hits.

I am happy to report that I'm fairly sure I didn't do as much (and probably not any) damage as I previously thought. :dance: I had 3 packages of Medifast yesterday and a chicken dish for dinner. This morning I was down 4 lbs. -- so I am fairly sure I just weighed myself a little too soon after TOM left and my body didn't have a chance to settle. By next Monday, I should be back where I was before I went crazy. This diet has one weird thing about it -- the first week on a total fast you lose a lot due to water (I lose 8 pounds) flushing out of your system. However, when you go off the reverse is also true -- there's an immediate 8 lb. "gain".

Since I only partially fasted yesterday, I was amazed that 4 lbs. left overnight. So theorectically if I hold true to form -- I will be back to where I left off after I spend one week on the total fast.
I had thought I'd have to spend one week getting rid of the water and at least another relosing a "gain". It doesn't seem the case now and I am elated.

Other than that -- not much else is new. I am not planning on exercising for a week or two until I am firmly locked into the fast again.

Hope you all have a great diet day! I'm glad to be back on track -- I've missed all of you.

Rainbowmyst

Angel26519
10-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Fern- I wouldnt worry too much about the 2# weight gain.... it could be water retention, it could be the building of muscle.... just keep going in the right direction!

Rainbow- I am glad you are starting to feel back to normal. It can be so hard when the hormones rage.

Beth- How are you doing? I am assuming the house is back to normal now.

Mia- How are you doing on your program? Are you getting any exercise in?

Red- How was your trip? Are you back on track now?

Lavender, Orange, and everyone else - we are missing you!!!!

As for me... I got up this morning and walked 2 1/2 miles this morning on the treadmill! YEAH FOR ME!!!! I have got to get back into the workout routine!

Still struggling with the food thing.... but I think the main problem I am having is with my scheduile - I am eating on the run alot.

Water has been real good lately.... just need to keep it up....

Hope all is well with everyone!

redballoon
10-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Hello people. I just got done reading all your posts for the time I was away. I'm back in Tokyo and finally starting to feel normal. I really suffer badly from jet lag. I've been exercising and eating well and really want to shed the fat. I have taken some off I think but I always get caught feeling like I'll never get to where it is really gone and I don't have this roll around my waist. It's so frustrating and depressing. I feel like I'm working out so hard and really eating the right foods but I just don't seem to see progress quickly enough. I can put the fat on SO easily it's not funny.
Well, just wanted to say hi and moan a little. Reading about everyone else's trials and tribulations does help me feel less alone. I just really really wish I could see changes. I am so sick of being the same old way for so long.

losinginillinois
10-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Hello All!
Sorry I have not been around. I have been really busy. Its also TOM this week and I have just been so tired and feeling blah! I am actually going to take a nap in a few minutes. I went to the doctor yesterday for a physical and she wants to order some blood work. Which at first I was kind of perturbed about because I am healthy and it seems like a big waste of money. But I thought about it later and I have felt very run down lately. I was anemic after my 2 child was born so maybe I need to have it checked.

Hope everyone else has a great day. Sorry to cut it so short but I really want that nap. I will try and post Thurs or Fri. I am going out of town this weekend.

See Ya!

Beth

Angel26519
10-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Welcome back Red! I so understand your frustration.... I have been in the same area with my weight now for awhile.... I cant seem to get through that barrier even when I exercise to death and really watch what I eat! I knwo that I will always have a harder time than most because of the female stuff but I just have to keep going in the right direction.... you need to also.... it will happen just stay on track!

Beth- definetly have that checked... I was anemic for so long and am still to some degree... I could lay down for a nap at any time. It is good to have that checked so that you know how to take care of that!

As for me I had my mid term and made a 96! I am really getting this! I had a trade show for work today so my day has been long. I drank a few cokes today..... that is still my downfall! I have got to get off them.... I can be doing so good for awhile and then just fall off the wagon! UGH!!!! I have been drinking alot of water though so hopefully it helps.

redballoon
10-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks Angel, for your positive encouragement despite my moaning. It's that kind of warm support that helps me the most. I'm going to keep trying. There are so many worries in my life now, but there may always be so I guess if I want to see change I'll just have to take control of the areas I CAN take control of. Ok, I'm gonna keep trying. :^:

Angel26519
10-31-2003, 08:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing good and having a great Halloween.

Red- Do they celebrate Halloween over there like they do here?

Beth- How are you doing? Have you gotten your results from your blood work?

Rainbow- How are you? Is your duaghter going out tonight for Halloween? Are you back on track with the Medifast?

Fern- How are you doing? Are you keeping up with the working out?

Mia- How are you?

This will be the last day on this thread! We get to start a new one tomorrow!!!!

How has everyone done on their goals for the month? Have we made any headway in the right direction? I have really got to start focusing on moving forward.

Talk to you guys soon!

angel4real
11-02-2003, 11:36 PM
hello everyone, sorry that i havent posted lately.
Its been a really stressful few days for me. My father has been sick and in the hospital, so i havent had much time to come check in. And just when i was starting to become regular again. It seems as though everyone is busy these days too.
Angel i hope things are going well in your Real Estate class.
red, glad you are back home safely.

Hello to everyone else. I just wanted to briefly check in and let you know that Im still here.

now that my dad is getting better I should be able to post more often again.

hope everyone is doing well and staying OP

Mia