Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 11:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

It sure was quiet in here today. i hope that everyone is doing well and staying OP.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:32 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry about not posting yesterday!

I had this major meeting with my bosses that lasted forever! It was a major stress event.... they didnt lay me off as I had hoped but it looks like it will happen in January from what I can tell which will be fine bacuase I should have my real estate license by then.

I did really well yesterday with the stress. In the past I would have really binged. I didnt! Everytime I had the urge I would drink a glass of water.... I drank over 14 glasses of water during the meeting! Can you say Potty Breaks!

ANyway, This class I am taking now is really challenging! A lot more studying! I hope I can do as well this time around.

Beth- Glad you had a great weekend. I need one bad but it will be awhile!

How is everyone else doing?

I have got to work on getting the exercise in I just havent found the time lately.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:40 PM   #78  

Where is everyone today. i hope that this silence only means that youa re all busy.
I hope everyone is donig well.

Mia
Old 10-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #79  

Hello Everyone!
Well I have been busy. I am really tired this week also. I need some more time off just to catch up with sleep!
Well I managed to lose 1.75 this week. Which was good because the 2 weeks before I gained. I like to have that little leeway. My eating has been out of control though. Its the exericise that is balancing it out. I would not have to work so hard if I tried to eat better. UUGH! I thought at this point that it would not feel like the food still controls me but it does. Does that ever get better?

Hope all is well!

Beth
Old 10-23-2003, 05:03 PM   #80  

Beth- It is great that you are keeping a watch so that it doesnt all creep back up on you.... I dont know if you ever get over that control of food.... I would like to hope so but I am not sure. You are doing really well! Keep up the good work!

Red- Are you back from the US yet? How was your trip!

I have been in a real rut... depression is really starting to set in with all this work stuff. I wish that this was all behind me.... I want this over! I am hoping that I am going in the right direction. We shall see!

Rainbow- How are you feeling? Are you better now? I hope so!

I hope everyone else is doing good!
Old 10-25-2003, 05:13 PM   #81  

What? This cant be!!!! 1 whole day and not a single peep out of anybody. Where is everyone? I was not able to post yesterday because of issues at work, then I got home late last night and had to cook dinner. We watched a movie while eating dinner, and after that I was too tired to log on. I hope that everyone is doign well. It seems that the activity on this thread has slowed down. I hope it doesnt die out. I really look forward to reading everyones postings. OK, im going to assume that the quiet day only means that everyone is keeping very busy. I'll be checking back soon to see if anyone is still out there.

Mia
Old 10-25-2003, 10:14 PM   #82  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello Everyone!

I'm back among the living (sort of)!

The past few weeks have not been good. I've been too ill to Medifast and I haven't bothered to weigh myself for fear of getting depressed.

For the first time in almost three weeks I'm feeling okay -- so I am going to try to restart tomorrow. I'll bite the bullet and weigh myself (and probaby dissolve into tears).

I am going to have to do something about this perimenopause. Inasmuch as I LOATHE going to the gynecologist, I realize I simply can't live like this. I have hot flashes, then I'm freezing cold, I have night sweats, I can't sleep, then I'll sleep for 20+ hours, I get depressed and emotional, and at times, hungry enough to eat a herd of elephants. This is not conducive to dieting and although it seems to have "stopped" for awhile -- this will probably return on the next hormonal cycle (whenever that is). The only bad thing is the last time he put me on something for this problem I gained 40 pounds. I stopped taking the stuff to lose weight and I'd hate to put it all back on.

Other than that -- not much else is new.

Hope you are all doing much better than I am.

Rainbowmyst

Old 10-26-2003, 10:06 PM   #83  

Hi Everyone!

It is pretty quite in hear.... I hope everyone is doing well!

I have been really busy with studying for real estate and work. Hubby's friend has been in town this weekend to help us work on the porch so we have been doing that also.

I have also been very tired lately.... believe it is part of the depression that is coming on that i have really been trying to fight. I know that if I can just get through this part of my life I will be fine. It is just all this transition stuff that I am dealing with. I just want it to be over.

Rainbow- I understand about the hormonal stuff... I gained weight (@ 55# in 3 months) after my hysterctomy. I can tell you this I would rather be overwieght than have all the problems I was having.... it is still hard to be this way but I think it is better than how I was living. I wish you well! Keep posting with us and we will give you as much support as we can!

Everyone post- we are missing you!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:45 AM   #84  

my weight has gonde up 2 pounds ,oh no! So I am trying to decrease my carbs, eat veggies and meat for my meals.I have been hunting for new recipes.
Emotionaly was a diffecult past 2 days but I have gotten over it and feel better.
Exercise has been going well. Using the advanced walk 3 miles tape I have, plus outside walking. So I feel great about this aspect of things.
I am listening to a tape about Sommersizing. I am not familiar with this so it is interesting. I like the idea I can have oatmeal then eat little carbs the rest of the day. I shall do some meal plans to see what I can come up with. It rainy and windy so my plan for today is to cycle 5 miles and do some walking cd. I did do a short 1.5 mile walk when the rain was less this morning. I am trying very hard. Now have the 4 pounds to get off. But I will keep this going ,.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:41 PM   #85  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Hello everyone!

It's going to take me a couple days to backtrack and read all the messages I missed while away -- I've gathered that Beth is having success in maintenance and that Angel is well on her way to a real estate license. Red's out of town and Orange isn't eating meat. Fern seems to be doing great with exercise (which I find the hardest thing to commit myself to)...

I haven't caught up with the others yet, I am still backreading posts...it's going to take me a day or so.

Today my daughter had off from school, so we went to the beauty salon for haircuts and she needed a touch up.
I sat across from her in the food court while she polished off some Chinese take out and it didn't bother me at all.
That's the queer thing about this -- whenever my cycle ends, I can be as good as gold on Medifast until the next PMS cycle hits.

I am happy to report that I'm fairly sure I didn't do as much (and probably not any) damage as I previously thought. I had 3 packages of Medifast yesterday and a chicken dish for dinner. This morning I was down 4 lbs. -- so I am fairly sure I just weighed myself a little too soon after TOM left and my body didn't have a chance to settle. By next Monday, I should be back where I was before I went crazy. This diet has one weird thing about it -- the first week on a total fast you lose a lot due to water (I lose 8 pounds) flushing out of your system. However, when you go off the reverse is also true -- there's an immediate 8 lb. "gain".

Since I only partially fasted yesterday, I was amazed that 4 lbs. left overnight. So theorectically if I hold true to form -- I will be back to where I left off after I spend one week on the total fast.
I had thought I'd have to spend one week getting rid of the water and at least another relosing a "gain". It doesn't seem the case now and I am elated.

Other than that -- not much else is new. I am not planning on exercising for a week or two until I am firmly locked into the fast again.

Hope you all have a great diet day! I'm glad to be back on track -- I've missed all of you.

Rainbowmyst

Old 10-28-2003, 03:06 PM   #86  

Fern- I wouldnt worry too much about the 2# weight gain.... it could be water retention, it could be the building of muscle.... just keep going in the right direction!

Rainbow- I am glad you are starting to feel back to normal. It can be so hard when the hormones rage.

Beth- How are you doing? I am assuming the house is back to normal now.

Mia- How are you doing on your program? Are you getting any exercise in?

Red- How was your trip? Are you back on track now?

Lavender, Orange, and everyone else - we are missing you!!!!

As for me... I got up this morning and walked 2 1/2 miles this morning on the treadmill! YEAH FOR ME!!!! I have got to get back into the workout routine!

Still struggling with the food thing.... but I think the main problem I am having is with my scheduile - I am eating on the run alot.

Water has been real good lately.... just need to keep it up....

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:52 PM   #87  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry hello everyone

Hello people. I just got done reading all your posts for the time I was away. I'm back in Tokyo and finally starting to feel normal. I really suffer badly from jet lag. I've been exercising and eating well and really want to shed the fat. I have taken some off I think but I always get caught feeling like I'll never get to where it is really gone and I don't have this roll around my waist. It's so frustrating and depressing. I feel like I'm working out so hard and really eating the right foods but I just don't seem to see progress quickly enough. I can put the fat on SO easily it's not funny.
Well, just wanted to say hi and moan a little. Reading about everyone else's trials and tribulations does help me feel less alone. I just really really wish I could see changes. I am so sick of being the same old way for so long.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #88  

Hello All!
Sorry I have not been around. I have been really busy. Its also TOM this week and I have just been so tired and feeling blah! I am actually going to take a nap in a few minutes. I went to the doctor yesterday for a physical and she wants to order some blood work. Which at first I was kind of perturbed about because I am healthy and it seems like a big waste of money. But I thought about it later and I have felt very run down lately. I was anemic after my 2 child was born so maybe I need to have it checked.

Hope everyone else has a great day. Sorry to cut it so short but I really want that nap. I will try and post Thurs or Fri. I am going out of town this weekend.

See Ya!

Beth
Old 10-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #89  

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back Red! I so understand your frustration.... I have been in the same area with my weight now for awhile.... I cant seem to get through that barrier even when I exercise to death and really watch what I eat! I knwo that I will always have a harder time than most because of the female stuff but I just have to keep going in the right direction.... you need to also.... it will happen just stay on track!

Beth- definetly have that checked... I was anemic for so long and am still to some degree... I could lay down for a nap at any time. It is good to have that checked so that you know how to take care of that!

As for me I had my mid term and made a 96! I am really getting this! I had a trade show for work today so my day has been long. I drank a few cokes today..... that is still my downfall! I have got to get off them.... I can be doing so good for awhile and then just fall off the wagon! UGH!!!! I have been drinking alot of water though so hopefully it helps.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-29-2003, 10:30 PM   #90  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry thanks

Thanks Angel, for your positive encouragement despite my moaning. It's that kind of warm support that helps me the most. I'm going to keep trying. There are so many worries in my life now, but there may always be so I guess if I want to see change I'll just have to take control of the areas I CAN take control of. Ok, I'm gonna keep trying.
Closed Thread