South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:33 PM   #1  

Default Curious of the Curves Program...

Just wondering about the Curves Program, don't know much about it, and if any of you who go there can tell me how you like it.
TIA
Old 09-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Curves is ok for beginners I think. Only problem is the one in my area has limited hours, so it's hard to go when you want. Only takes about 30 minutes and isn't very hard to do. You go around from station to station changing stations every 35 seconds or so. The time goes by very quickly. It got me in the habit or getting up and moving! I think that I am now ready for something more like maybe a gym. Ask them for a free trial that way you can see if it's for you.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I looked into it too but the nearest one is a half hour drive each way. Somehow I can't see myself driving 60 minutes for a 30 minute workout. There are definite disadvantages to living in the boonies!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:16 PM   #4  

Default CURVES Member

I am a member at Curves and I love it. I was 53, overweight, and very out of shape at the time that I started at Curves because I have Fibromyalgia. I have now been a member for a year and a half and have found that it's a program that I can work as hard or as easy as I want to or need to, depending on how good I am feeling. I didn't start Curves to lose weight as much as to help with the fatigue because of the Fibro. I have now lost weight because of SBD but Curves helped me with the inches and building energy, stamina and muscle tone. It is not a gym type situation, it is only for women, so if you are feeling "shy" about your weight and how you look or don't want to workout around men or wrestle with free weights this might be the place to try. There are no mirrors on the walls and because it is only women you can workout in your grubbiest exercise clothes and no one thinks anything about it. They do run free tryout times or just go in and ask to try it for a week to see if you like it. I think its a great program, it worked for me and all I have to give is 30-45 minutes three times a week to help myself be happier and healthier. And I would be pretty stupid to not take advantage of such a program.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:20 AM   #5  

Thanks for the info beach buddies. I think I'll go check it out!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:08 AM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Snoozin: I agree with Annielaurie. I have been a member since April and have lost a total of 10.5 inches, as well as the weight I have dropped from SBD.

I am a Senior Citizen, and there are other ladies there older and younger than I am. You can work at your own pace, it is nice to have no men around, There are resistance machines, and platforms for the aerobic part of the workout. There is music playing, and it keeps you within a certain range of speed. Although there are a couple of ladies that are there when I go, and they haave their own inner speed, which is far faster, and they work up a tremendous sweat, and get red in the face. If you get to the place where you feel the 30 min is not long enough, you can add more time if you wish.

Check it out. Those machines are not as easy as one might think by just looking at them. If you are thinking that you need to be into weight lifting, and that sort of program, then a gym is for you, but for myself, this suits me just fine. Good luck. Lizzie
Closed Thread