Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 06:46 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home, 9/29 - 10/ 5

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 09-29-2003, 06:49 PM   #2  

Wow, I can't believe I'm the first one on today - I guess it's a busy Monday. I had a tough weekend OP-wise. I was doing OK until dessert on Friday night and then Mom brought out the works. Holidays are so tough. I did so-so on Saturday - and then Tony bought all kinds of snacks for Saturday night /Sunday when my cousins stayed over. Well, between that, PMS and falling into the "who cares, I blew it anyway" thinking, I went waaaaaay over my FP's and didn't even count yesterday. I'm back on program today - I did a short strength workout when I got home - and hope that I can get the scary sneak peek back to last week's weigh in.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.5/152.8/135 (last week's numbers)
and 189/240 workouts
Old 09-29-2003, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Had a bit of a computer problem today - the cpu stopped talking to the monitor. Luckily John was able to get it fixed.

Judy - Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend. Holidays are tough. Pat yourself on the back for making it until dessert - after all what if you had gone crazy at dinner? Good for you for getting right back on track. I'm sure everything will come out fine at the scale on Saturday.

My plans to not use flex points fell victim to pizza on Friday night. But I still have 17 to use, so I should be fine for lunch out tomorrow. So far my sneak peeks have been good and I want to keep it that way. No more challenges coming up for awhile, at least none that are already planned, except PMS will be starting soon. I plan on hanging tough and keeping snacks out of the house. We'll see how it goes. And now to join John in watching Monday night football, although why I want to see the Bears get spanked by the Packers, I don't know. Thank goodness the Cubs have brought back some respectability to Chicago sports. Judy, if it looks like there will be a Yankee/Cubs series (and if it does look that way, invest in some good outer wear because I'm pretty sure that if the Cubs make it to the series, **** will freeze over) we'll have to come up with a friendly wager of some sort.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 10-01-2003, 12:24 PM   #4  

Hi all.

Goodness, none of us got on yesterday.

Karen - We haven't heard from you yet this week. Hope all is ok.

I'm reporting a 3.8 pound loss this week. This means that I've lost my first chunk of 10 pounds and am in a new decade. I've decided to look at what I have to lose in terms of chunks of 10 pounds. Having to lose 13.5 chunks of 10 pounds seems less daunting than having to lose 135 pounds. So, one chunk down, 12.5 to go. I ended up using all of my flex points again this week, but it hasn't seemed to hurt, so what the heck.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
279.6/269.2/145
Old 10-01-2003, 02:24 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Wow, where has the week gone already?!?!?

Carla
That's for your big loss and first 10 lbs! I'm so pleased for you. I like the idea of breaking everything down into 10 lb chunks, too. And that's what flex points are for, so good for you for using them all up in a delicious manner!

Judy - hope you're firmly back on track this week.

I had a crummy weekend in terms of being OP, but have had a good couple of days this week. I'm feeling swamped in terms of work, familly and school, but need to reprioritize and put health and eating well on top of each day's list.

I took a couple of vacation days this week, had to get my vehicle in for some waranty work, and needed to get the boiler and fireplaces serviced, so that's all looked after. Back to work tomorrow. I've been catching up on laundry and housework etc for the last 2 days too. I have to go out and do a massive grocery shop this afternoon too.

Have a good day!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:14 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Karen - Thanks! Sometimes it's so hard to make ourselves and our health a priority, isn't it. But we're no good to anyone else if we're not good to ourselves. Sounds like you're all ready to hunker in for winter. It feels good to get things done, doesn't it. I'm sure your major grocery shopping trip will help you keep on track. It's always so much easier to stay OP when the pantry and fridge are full.

Judy - I hope you're finally able to attend your first class tonight. Since I'm chaperoning Ana's class trip to see a play tomorrow, I may not get on at all, so I want to make sure to wish you a blessed Yom Kippur on Monday.

Not much new here. I'm still just trucking along. I'm so glad that we don't have any plans for the weekend. It's so nice to stay home and have nothing to do and no place to go once in awhile. And it certainly makes it easier to stay OP. Of course, the flip side is that I have to cook. Ah well, if the sunshine holds, we'll probably take the opportunity to grill, so no big whoop there either.

If I don't get on tomorrow, have a great weekend!

Carla
Old 10-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #7  

Carla - Hey, nevermind about **** freezing over (btw, thanks for the LOL) - at the Cubbies have one a game! The Yankee game is starting now and we'd darn well better tie the series up! If our teams make it to the series, I love the idea of a friendly wager! WAHOOOOOOOO! I just read your second post about your fantazmagorable loss - you rock, girlfriend! I am really, really proud of you!!!!!!! You have never given up and you deserve to see this success! I think your idea of breaking things up into 10 pound chunks is a very sound one! Thanks for the kind and sensible words about the holiday. I could have gone hog wild over dinner too but didn't- I didn't even think of it in those terms - thanks. Thanks for the holiday wishes. Have a great time on Ana's class trip - where is the class going?

Karen - sorry to hear about your weekend - good for you for taking some vacation days. I know what you mean in terms of feeling swamped with work, family and school - having just gotten back from my first (finally!) class with my assignments for this week, starting to think about Thanksgiving (yup, my house this year and so far 29 people), holidays, etc., I'm wondering when I'm going to fit everything in! Good for you for getting so much done and deciding on putting health and eating well on the top of each day's list - that is for YOU and if you don't take care of YOU you can't take care of everything and everyone else!

I've had a pretty good week so far considering that I'm still in PMS (it's going to be another guessing game as to when TOM is going to come) and succumbed to a chest cold yesterday. I've been told that the first year working in an elem. school is the worst and that after the first year, you pick up some immunity. While I don't think this is giong to develop into bronchitis, I decided to go to the doctor tomorrow (on the advice of the teacher I work with - I'll call her MB) after work. Class was good - the professor kept me awake - the subject matter is, well, I knew this would probably be the course I like least (social foundations of education - sort of typical course required of everyone in this major). Anyway, I'm pretty beat - no exercise for me until the chest cold is better - that should give me some more study time for the next couple of days!

Sunday night/Monday is Yom Kippur - tough, pretty emotional holiday. Still, since it's a fasting day, it shouldn't be too bad program wise - I'll be using all 22 points for the break-fast on Monday night! Sunday night is always roast chicken (easy to fast on) so it shouldn't be bad. I plan on having some FP's for dessert.

I hope to get on tomorrow after work but I don't know how long it will take at the doctor's so if I don't get another chance, have a great weekend!

Judy

P.S. when I *finally* get my id at work, it will be easier for me to post more regularly again - so far, it's only taken a month! ;-)
Old 10-03-2003, 02:08 PM   #8  

Judy - Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long haul, but I'm determined to see it through to completion this time. We'll have to start putting on our thinking caps for the wager. (I'm chosing to think positively.) I'm not sure if the Cubs will be able to play today as it has been raining like crazy. I drove home from Ana's class trip in a total downpour. Add two silly, giggling girls to the mix, and well, would it be wrong to drink a bottle of wine in the afternoon? We went to see a play - "The Magicians Nephew". It was fun. I hope you're able to nip that cold in the bud. Good for you for taking care of it. John let a bad cough linger and finally went to the doctor on Wednesday. He has asthmatic bronchitis and is on steroids, a decongestant and antibiotics. GOod luck with the holiday dinner and break-fast. I know you'll do fine. Shalom.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Carla
Old 10-05-2003, 11:41 AM   #9  

Carla - Tony and I were rooting for the Cubs yesterday - alas, the series is tied. I'll be pulling for them today - aside from the fact I can't stand the Braves (and that move at 1st was a dirty, dirty play - that Braves player should have been thrown out of the series), I think it would be so cool if the Cubs made it to the Series. I'm so sorry to hear about John - I had asthmatic bronchitis in 2001 and it is no fun! I hope he feels better soon. I feel so-so - still coughing although not as much. More than that, I just have no energy whatsoever. I just finished my school work and am going to head to bed for an hour or so before getting ready to go to my mom's for dinner.
Closed Thread