Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 10:01 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Red face Sleepy Monday

Starting thread...
Old 09-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Ali! I just read through all of the wknd posts so I thought I would do some responding.

Jen~ You are so funny! First of all I wouldn't think you were homely just b/c you knit, sew, etc. Secondly I remember your pics from long ago Is knittng difficult to learn? How did your quilt do at the fair?

Rina~ Your Dr. doesn't sound very sensitive maybe you should shop around. I am so glad that you are going to discuss this with your bro and give him a deadline. DH sounds great! AND you cannot worry about your brother and his episodes. I work with a lot of Bipolar clients and the slightest thing can change their state so Iwouldn't take on the responsibilty for that. He can learn coping skills and stay on those meds. You are so sweet and look after people but right now you are your #1 priority! Ok I hope I didn't overstep any thread boundaries

FAith~ Congrats on the loss!!!

Ok ladies as for my weekend It wasn't good. I haven't even added up yesterday's points but I know that it wasn't good. AND I left my journal and book at home I will keep points though. I just don't want to go into a tail spin so it is time to get my butt back in gear. I am not sure where I stand as far a s Flex points go but I am almost positive they are gone. WEll I need to get to work. I taught my first class this a.m. and it went REALLY welll. I think I am going to like this

BBL
Old 09-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ali! Hope you had a good weekend.

Faith - congrats on the 3lbs down!

Crystal - good job! 4.8 is amazing!!!

Rina - I think your husband has the right idea. I know you love your brother but you are not responsible for his emotional well being. He is an adult and it is up to him to manage his meds and learn behavioral patterns that minimize the mood swings associated with his disease.

I have WI tonight and am nervous that I have gained. I still have flex points according to my calculations but I had to estimate a lot of things this weekend rather than weigh/measure.

Am considering purchasing a pedometer that measures distance (miles) as well as steps to make training easier (can walk the right number of miles regardless of where I am). Do any of you have suggestions?

Jayne - have you heard from Kier lately? Haven't seen her around and am concerned.

BBL.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky! Glad you enjoyed teaching class. You've worked really hard the last few weeks so I know that you've got the stuff to get back OP today!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #5  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies
Can I please go back to bed?

BBL

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Morning All,

I got up extra early this morning and arrived at work before 7:30!! Anyhoo, I just got offered a new position at work, which is permanent. In this economic climate I just can't say no to it, although I really like my job here (it's within the same government agency), right now it's nearly impossible to get a permanent position, and once you're in government it's a good fairly secure job... My old colleagues liked me so much they managed to created a job for me... It feels good to be wanted. So with my new job which starts on Oct 27 has the added benefits of vacation, sick days etc. I already pay into a pension plan and have health benefits (yes, we may have free healthcare in Canada, but this is added health insurance which covers a lot more stuff).

It was my goal 3 years ago to get a government job (well I have been working in the gov for 1.5 years now, but now it will no longer be contract) and I got one so yah me

Rina: I hope it all works out for you... It will be tough I am sure.

Speaking of which... Although I am beyond happy about moving in with my man , I guess my one worry about it, is that his roomate will be staying there with us. He's a really nice guy and all, but he's kind of dependant on my BF on many levels and is kind of clingy. Before moving in with my BF, he lived with his mom who did pretty much everything for him, so he still needs a ton of direction when it comes to stuff.

Hi to everyone!!

Ali
Old 09-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hello, everyone!

I've not read through all the posts from the last week, but I did want to stop by and let you all know I was OK. I was in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, where Hurricane Isabel first made landfall, from last Tuesday to Friday night. It was something else being there. Exciting and scary all rolled into one. Coming back home, where the hurricane also hit, just added to anxiety, though. Much of my city is still without power, including my house! Last night we finally threw out the contents of the fridge and freezer, keeping just the condiments and the top of our wedding cake, which is on ice in a cooler.

There are lines to the gas stations. It's hard to find ice. I actually stood in line at a 7-Eleven yesterday because I wanted a cold drink so badly! And the cold showers ... yikes. I'm actually writing a column about that today.

My house is OK. We're just renting, so we're not as worried about the missing fence, shingles off the roof, uprooted tree, water damage ... Still, we fared so much better than lots of people, many who have trees through their houses or had 8 inches of water in their homes. Some people's houses were completely destroyed.

I did find a new diet in all this. It's called the Hurricane Diet. The preferred choice of food is peanut butter and crackers and apples, with lots of bottled water. If you find a restaurant open, the points don't count! I actually think I've lost about 4 pounds in the past week. I don't know if WW will be open this week. Maybe, since businesses have been getting power back more quickly than residences.

Well, I better get back to work. I hope you all have had a great week!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:08 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Becky: congrats on the class going well.. yeah I went to an all you can eat brunch place yesterday.... enough said

Laura: getting a pedometer would be great, I should get one too... I am doing a WATP tape this afternoon once I get home from work!

Lynnie: My man has a day off today, so he's sleeping in today... lucky man!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:16 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Kim: I am so glad you're okay. It must be tough to see all the devestation and all. Yikes, cold showers are nasty... I hope power is restored soon; I lost power for 9 days once, that was definitely no fun at all. Take care and I hope things get back to normal soon.

Ali
Old 09-22-2003, 11:18 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. I have been so busy lately, I just don't know what to do! I am so exhausted. Emma and Kate get daycare pics on Wednesday and I am nervous they will be all messy when it comes time for their pics. I bought little Khaki pants for them and Emma and blue shirt and Kate a red shirt. They will be cute.

My quilt did not place. This was a quilt show, not the fair, so the competition was high. My class had a lot of quilts in it. I heard complaints about the judges, and I was not thrilled with the ones they picked either. The judges did not care for bright colors and things out of the ordinary. Well my quilt stuck out like a sore thumb. It was yellow and purple. Also, my Aunt had a bright color wall hanging and did not place. The judges also didn't write comments, which irked a lot of people. My mom's wall hanging did place. It was cool. I told her she would do well with it, she didn't believe me!

Now tonight I have to take Emma for a haircut. Kate doesn't have hair, so we are OK with that!!

I am going to the gym today FINALLY. I didn't go at all last week. And even tho I ate OK, without exercise, I don't lose weight. It's like my body fights to keep it on. So I will see where I am at today. Kind of scared since it has been 2 weeks. I weighed on my home scale, but I don't totally trust that. I use both scales to see where I am at!

Hopefully I will be back later!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:19 AM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lynnie - just sleep at your desk. No one will notice. I promise.

Ali - Congrats on the new job! You go girl!

Kim - glad you are safe. Sounds like you are handling everything so very well. Keep us updated!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:29 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls I'm not dead ! in fact Slowly I'm losing I have really missed posting but school is really hectic and Now I might be getting married next year
today I'm sick so I got to pop on for a sec but I'm taking an hour and hitting the grocery with my roomate coming back and catching some sleep and hopefully posting again
I MISS YOU GUYS
Love
Kierie
Old 09-22-2003, 12:15 PM   #13  
Cockeyed Optimist

Yeah Kierie!!!! Glad you are alive. Feel better soon. I knew school had started so I figured you are busy. Getting married early? Spill!

JenL - I'm sure the girls will be adorable in their pictures. Enjoy your time at the gym.

Am going furniture shopping once again tonight after WW. Wish me luck in finding a kitchen pieces that a) I like, b) I can afford, and c) fits in the space in my kitchen!
Old 09-22-2003, 12:21 PM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone! I went Paintballing on Saturday and I'm still sore today. It was our year end wrap up for one of my jobs (which is still happening but not as frequently) And then we had a BBQ and lots of food and alcohol...Sunday was hangover food and today...I'm back to it! I ate my Kashi for breakfast and I have a nice sensible lunch and healthy apple for a snack. I have to pick up my nieces and nephew after work so I'll have to make a point of not eating junk with them like I used to. So we'll see how this works. The rest my life starts today...blah, blah. I'm not ready to get back on the scale though. Maybe after this week I'll be ready to find a meeting that fits into my schedule.
Becky - what classes are you teaching? I missed a bit while I was busy.
Laura - I've heard a lot of people who like the pedometers. It gives you a goal that you can see. Some people keep training journals, just like your food journal. Maybe that would work?
Ali - It might be weird to be moving into someone else's space but as long as everyone knows what's expected, you guys will probably get along fine.
Kim - I'm so glad you are alright and your house is still standing and relatively dry. And WTG on the 4#!! (although I'm not sure if the hurricane diet wil catch on)
Jen- That's too bad you didn't get any helpful advice on your quilt. It was probably just too good and they couldn't say anything about it. Did you get any ideas from all the other displays?
Hi Kier! Feel better soon.
Lynnie - Did you go back to bed? If you did, catch a few ZZs for me!!
Rina - It's nice to hear you're doing better. Let us know how things go for your hubby with his talk.
Gotta get some stuff done. I'll check back later.
KT
Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

No I didn't go to bed.I wish I did.
Closed Thread