Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 12:36 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default NEW MEMBER

ok, making this a separate thread was my SECOND official act, well, if you don't count kicking peachie's butt about the protein. hope it works!!!!

welcome maha!!!

Last edited by jiffypop; 09-18-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #2  

Default take care folks

Hi all. I am new to this site, but thought of you guys. please take care...i had stomach stapling 24 years ago in Australia. very good surgeon and nothing came undone...went from l9 stone to 9 stone and had 20 odd years slim which was wonderful...but was very sick for last l3, vomiting up to 20 times a day. this eroded the esophagus, and had frequent endoscopy's to watch cellchanges and eventually deveoped Barrett's disease. surgeons where I lived not keen to undo it all, and i was terrified i would put on weight again, so kept on being ill, meanwhile working, travelling etc. anyway, got so bad was in danger of esophageol cancer and found surgeon in new city who would undo and perform other surgery. that was 2 years ago, and i put on 5 stone which is why i am back on these pages. I have been extremely well since, not sick once, but the weight...doom and gloom again and not happy with myself at all, i thought i had overcome reasons why I ate. However, doing low carb and at least this time with supports on line might get there. I still work full time, live in far north queensland in Australia, nice lifestyle...great beaches to walk on 5 mins from my house, salt water pool etc, good climate, but have been so despairing about the weight that i havent seen much of it lately. so, would be happy to hear from folk. currently weight 220 - got the conversions at last. Good luck to everyone else, i am trying to think of the one day at a time policy...i can barely imagine a life without pastas, rice, wine etc., and have only managed 6 so far in a row. bye, M
Old 09-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #3  

Maha!! welcome to the board...we are glad you found us! gee, you certainly have been through the mill!!! keep posting so we can get to know you better!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 09-20-2003 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:19 AM   #4  

bump this one up....and I am going to edit my original post that was on the other thread.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:16 AM   #5  
WW Moderator

Hi Maha, welcome to the board. We have some good recipes and challenges on the Low Carb board if you are interested.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...p?s=&forumid=4

My sister had WLS last week, so I'll be hanging around this forum so I can keep her in line!
Closed Thread