Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Thankfully it's Thursday~ Sept. 18th

BBTP!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

One more day of the work week and today completes week 2 of my re-start so tomorrow a.m. we will see the results. Sunday is my 6month wedding anniversary I am excited. DH and I are going to go biking at the place where he proposed and reminisce. This Friday is the last, final, b-day dinner for Dh THANK GOODNESS it is difficult to handle all of these yummy foods. I just keep telling myself though, that there is ALWAYS going to be some yummy food around I just have to set up my priorities and stick with them and right now my priority is to get to a healthy weight. Ok enough babbling!

Hello to everyone about to post!

Question of the Day!

What is your favorite thing to do on weekends? Or if you work wknds...On your day off?

I will have to say not hearing the alarm go off at 6 is one of my favorite things. But as far as things to do I like to veg out with DH and just relax. I know it is not super exciting but we have SUCH a hectic schedule right now. Oh I forgot to tell you ladies, I am subtitute teaching a 6th grade history class for the rest of this school year. It is a first hour class so I will still be to work by 9:30. I am excited and a bit nervouse b/c I haven't subbed in a while. DH teaches the same class so it will give us something educational that we will do together. The extra money will be nice. I can't beat it b/c I am only working 5 extra hours a week teaching but then of course there will be the grading of papers, etc.

Well off to work I go!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:15 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Where is everyone today???? Come out come out wherever you are
Old 09-18-2003, 10:20 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - congrats on landing the subbing position. I know how much PT work can take out of you but this sounds like a good opportunity. You mentioned that you've thought about getting your teaching credential. This is certainly good experience if you decide to do that.

KT - so glad you are feeling better.

JenL - thanks for the brat info. I grew-up in the U.P. so I LOVE them. Somehow though, never learned to cook them. Have fun taking your girls to Disney! I work in the travel industry and as part of my benefits package qualify for a couple of free stays at resorts. We will probably end up at Orange Lake or Lake Buena Vista.

Not much going on here. Was OP yesterday. Did easy walk on treadmill this morning and have yoga tonight. Must stop getting on the scale every morning. I drive myself crazy with the daily fluctuations.

What would I like on the weekend? A day off. O.K. I'll have those soon enough. In a perfect world, part of each weekend would be spent curled up with a book. In bed during bad weather and on the patio during good.

Have a good day!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:26 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ Hey, I am obviously havinga slow morning at work. THanks for the support and by the way I have never heard of that store you mentioned yesterday so I guess we don't have them. Mmmm curled up on a rainy day with a book. I love doing that too. Ooh tommorrow is supposed to rain here too bad I won't have a spare second to do that. Good job being OP!
BBL
Old 09-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... another day, same 'ole! I worked a lot on my quilt last night and I have to finish it tonight. I am sure I can, but it might be a late one!

Laura, we eat brats all the time, especially during the summer. Hubby is a deer hunter and we even have venison brats made. Be careful on points tho, they are wicked!!!! I eat mine with sauerkraut, cooked onions and spicey mustard! MMMM MMMMM, makes me hungry just thinking about it. I haven't had one in a long time!

As for the weekends... well, for me it would be a kidless day where hubby and I can just relax with each other, go to a movie or dinner. I haven't had a kidless day since I was in the hospital in labor with Kate. And I can't remember the last time before that. Oh Man, I do need a day off. Problem is that my parents are always gone and we don't trust the in-laws with Kate because MIL is not good with babies at all. And we have never left Emma over night with them. Very long story!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:08 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning all

Well I am pretty wiped out from yesterday's cooking and cleaning spree.Don't have much to report except I am keeping a close eye on the hurricane.My family lives in Maryland.

To answer today's question. I relax and sleep and go out and enjoy nature.

Hope everyone has a good day

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #8  

Default happy thursday

greetings- have missed everyone over the past couple of days - did not have time to read posts, but hopefully by this weekend things will be less crazy. One of my bosses is starting trial on Monday and trying to get all of the pretrial work done. It's very crazy here right now

working late - no lunches or breaks - I have been OP all week (except I got home late last nite) and my BF/DH (guy I been went 4erver ) ordered Dominos Pizza at 11:00 p.m. (aaaccck!) Yes I had a slice, but I forced myself to journal and it looks like I'm still OP (although no flex points left until I start over Saturday).

Anyway wishing everyone a wonderful wonderful day

Faith

Okay had to answer the question of the day - i just LOVE these questions - I love to sit on my porch and read all day long on Saturday and Sunday. Its so peaceful and relaxing!!!

Last edited by FaithQ; 09-18-2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:49 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies

I didn't do all that great yesterday, and it's too early to blame it on TOM, so... gotta get back on track today. I've got my interview today for another positions (same company) and I'm bringing my car in Monday to hopefully get it running right. Hopefully it'll get fixed - not quite sure what's wrong with it, but I'm thinking something in the fuel pump, fuel injector area.

Becky - That's awesome that you're subbing, that sounds like a PT job that wouldn't make you want to totally yank your hair out (hopefully!)

Laura - Like someone told me the other day - GET OFF THE SCALE! It's a hard habit to break, but I've only got until tomorrow, then I can jump back on it again and hopefully see a loss. It does drive me nuts not knowing for a whole week though.

Hey Jen & Lynnie!

Weekends - When I'm not working, I visit home (my parents), or watch movies, read, and go out at night! I like to go for a walk as soon as I wake up too so I don't feel guilty about exercise, especially when it's beautiful weather outside.

Gotta work...
Old 09-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hi Faith! I was posting same time as you...
Old 09-18-2003, 01:46 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone. I was watching some of the hurricane preparations, we're hoping my sister won't be too inconvenienced (they're just outside DC). She's 28 weeks with the triplets now and getting pretty big. She's not on bed rest but she says her tummy is getting pretty stretched and the babies are very active right now. It's so exciting.
Becky - I love it when I accidentally set the alarm and then I get to turn it off and go back to sleep. Sleeping is one of the best things about days off.
Laura - Do have a treadmill at home now? are you using it a lot. It's one of those things that I would love to have but am scared to spend money on.
Jen - Do you get mommy-alone time when your hubby watches the girls? or is it more stressful to worry about what's happening when you're not with them?
Hi to Lynnie, Faith and Angie. I'm still catching up here so I'd better get caught up before I don't work here anymore.
KT
PS - Rina - are you watching the new survivor tonight?
Old 09-18-2003, 02:14 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Hey here's a quick hello!!

KT: Triplets? I guess I missed you telling us that. How is your sister doing?

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-18-2003, 03:03 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

KT, I am one of those mom's that worries about my kids. Hubby is very good with them so I don't worry so much when they are with him, but if they are with other people, I can be a wreck. Especially if they have to ride in a car with other people. I would hate for anything to happen to my kids. Once I was holding on to Emma for something and I told her not to be afraid because I wouldn't let anything happen to her. The next day she said to me, mommy won't let anything bad happen. It was so sweet. But you know, they are at daycare during the days and I am OK with that, so go figure!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:17 PM   #14  

Hi everyone-I am here, home with my fussy baby....sometimes it seems like all she does is cry and eat and sleep. Oh well-I love her anyway

I have WI tonight-I think that in spite of going out to dinner twice and out to lunch at Cheesecake factory, I have lost about 1.5-2 pounds-we'll take it! I like the flexpoints-makes it impossible to sabotage yourself!!!
My goals for this upcoming week are to exersize more, try at least one new recipe, and eat more veggies.
Speaking of veggies, anyone know what to do with Acorn squash???

KT_I didn't know your sis was PG with triplets!! How cool-are they her first?
HI to eveyone! I am with Jen-I'd like a day with hubby where we have no yardwork or household chores to do. I;d love to go hiking. We are actually trying to plan a day like that-next weekend we are going to NY to visit my mom, and we are going to leave the baby with her for the day and go wine tasting! I can't wait! tonight I am going scrapbooking without the baby-DH is staying with her for 4 hours!!! She can take a bottle now so that is ok-but I think he is nervous
I wish i could have a :beer: but I can't....

Kim-hope you are ok!!!!
Gotta go write some of the three thousand thank you notes i have pending!!! Wish me luck at WI!!!
Lori
Old 09-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #15  

OK-the :beer: was supposed to be a smiley holding a beer-DH has it on one of his forums-guess we don't. Doesn't look like I'll make my mini goal...so I will have to change it...staying OP for the next week is my goal.....
Lori
Closed Thread