Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #1  
si, si signora

Default TFL- Week of Sept. 8

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that everyone has recovered from the weekend and is busy working (okay, you are all on the east coast and probably heading home). We had a pretty busy weekend, painted the basement guest room, did some gardening, running around and spent yesterday picking peppers far from home. All in all, it was packed.

Weighed in the am, I am going out to dinner tonight. I'm down 4.2# from August 25th, so I'm excited. I hope to keep it steady even with all this travel coming up.

My clothes seem to fit better, but I really think the proof will be when I put my jeans on in October.

So, thanks to WW and flex points and you all for giving me the kick in the butt I needed.

lala
Old 09-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Lala: Thanks for getting the thread going this week! Congrats on the loss! Woohoo!

The weekend was quiet for a change--it was nice not having anything major to do.

I canned a few tomatoes last evening--DH had them all peeled & cut so all I had to do was cook & put in jars. Our tomatoes haven't yielded as many as they have in the past so we went out to the farmer's market got a basket. We'll be getting some more over the next few weeks. I like having my own canned tomatoes for chili, soups, spaghetti, etc.

I'm trying to keep up with my walking. I really like the new FlexPoints--it was always hard to "bank" points for the weekend so this works out well for me.

Hi to Susan, Domina, Austingal, Scoutruns, and anyone else I missed!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:45 PM   #3  

Hi everyone.

Weighed in officially on the weekend and was up 1 lb - not bad at all given that I was in vacation mode for the whole month of August. I'm still within 2 lbs of goal tho, so didn't have to pay.

I also picked up the new program and you're right - I love the flexpoints system. I've been journaling faithfully since Saturday and seem to have found some resolve to get rid of the last 10. Hope this renewed enthusiasm lasts!

Melissa: I've been thinking about going to the farmer's market on the weekend to get tomatoes too. I just have to set aside the time. Perhaps this weekend when DH visits his parents.

lala: WTG on the loss. At this rate, those jeans will be falling off you!

We had a good weekend - out to a campfire with friends on Saturday nite and sailing for most of the day on Sunday. On the down side, my allergies have gone completely wild. I'm so medicated I can barely think. And this used to be my favourite season
Old 09-09-2003, 01:43 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Melissa -- it was soo hard to walk away from the boxes of roma tomatoes this weekend. I will try and can at the end of the month.

Susan -- DP is also completely allergified too. I don't know what is blooming here, but she is also miserable.

Well, went out to dinner last night and I think did pretty well. Even managed a piece of pumpkin pie (no crust) and really enjoyed it.

Nothing new here, must get into work today. Have a huge to do list and my mind is going a million miles an hour.

Hope everyone is well!

lala
Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

lala: Wow, congratulations on the loss. That is great. You were sure busy this past weekend.

Melissa: You do canning? That's great. I never tried it.

Susan: You only gained 1 pound. Hooray for you.

I'm not so sure about the new WW Flexpoints; I think I'll just stick with what I've been doing.

I started my new job this week. It's a little overwhelming and all I've been doing is reading files.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #6  
si, si signora

Hi ya darlings...

Domina -- I understand the not wanting to change things and if what you are doing works-- stick with it. I just need to stick to something.

Melissa -- we're about to do one more tomato pick and get our pumpkins from our community garden. Everything else can go to rack and ruin for the next week, but i love my pumpkins.

Gave away a ton of toms yesterday and no doubt, my housesitter will devour the rest while I'm gone.

So, crazy day here and then tomorrow I'm off to Paris for about a week. I am sort of happy to be leaving (more sleep), those french wines. But, I was getting into the swing of being at home. Today marks the last day in the next four months that we will see my taller half at home on a regular basis. Sniff.

Anyhoo, Susan, I hope you are feeling better. I'm going to try and maintain while I'm gone. The little ww guide says that there are 9 pts in an eclair, so I'll have one and maybe a few macaroons. Other than that, I'll try and stick to fish while in France.

I'll probably log on from an internet cafe somewhere.....

lala
Old 09-10-2003, 02:33 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Susan: Good for you for not having to pay! That's got to be a really good feeling especially since you were away! I really like the new FlexPoints and the journaling--at first I was a little apprehensive but now that I'm into it I really like it a lot. It's just a different way of keeping track and it's given me the spark of excitement that I was missing.

Domina: The first week of any new job is overwhelming; just give yourself some time to get adjusted. My canning is limited to tomatoes and all I do is peel, chop, and cook. I don't add any spices; just my teaspoon of salt in the bottom of each jar and that's it. I use the hot pack method and don't use a hot water bath for them. I follow the same method my mom and MIL used for years.

Allergies are abundant here as well--I've been dosing up on my meds and so far so good. The weather has been cool for this time of year and the counts are climbing. My goal is to NOT get a sinus infection!

Lala: Have fun in Paris!

I'm off to Chicago this weekend--last trip there for a while. I won't be heading anywhere until the end of October when I go to Michigan. I'm looking forward to weekends at home!

My WI today went well...I was down another .4 so I'm slowly inching my way back down to my comfort zone. It's not going as fast as I'd like but it's at least moving in the right direction. 3# to get back to where I was in November last year. Ultimately I'd love to hit 135...even for a week or two

Happy Wednesday!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #8  
si, si signora

Melissa - have a grand time in Chicago, one of these days I'm going to have to actual stay there.

At the airport and trying to get rid of a headache. I hope to sleep on the plane.

I'll check in from Paris....

have a great weekend ladies...

lala
Old 09-12-2003, 07:34 AM   #9  

Happy Friday!

The allergy misery continues. Spent last nite sitting up in the lazy boy. It's the only way I can breathe.

Domina: How was your first week? Hope you're feeling a little less overwhelmed.

lala: Have a great week. Use those flex points wisely..eclairs, wine, bread, cheese, the list goes on...

Melissa: I'm having my first OP week in years. Like you, I needed something different to renew my interest. It's funny; the program has not changed essentially, but it's like it's a challenge again. I look forward to tomorrow's weigh-in.

DH is going to visit his parents this weekend. I'm getting together with my sister tonite for a long overdue dinner and gabfest. Other than another dinner party with friends tomorrow nite, it should be a quiet weekend. I hope to maybe get a run in if my breathing improves.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:36 PM   #10  

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone.

Well, the first week is going pretty well. There is so much to learn. I just need to remember that I can't learn it all at once.

It looks like I'll be doing some traveling--going to Colorado in the next couple weeks for a few days.

I talked to a childhood friend the other day and I knew she had done WW, so I asked how much she had lost--90 lbs.! I am so proud of her. She had been overweight her whole life. I wish I could see a photo of her. She lives in Ohio and I'm in Florida.

Gotta go. Have fun in Paree, lala.
Closed Thread