Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:50 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Thursday!!! ~September 4th

BBIAB!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Hey all,

I got a pleasant suprise at WI... a 2lb loss... Thanks to all the exercise I got.. My eating wasn't too bad, and in general my choices are much better than they used to be! But regardless, I didn't have to pay! yah

Went clothes shopping with the BF last night... he kept accussing moi of checking out his toosh hehehe:P He's off to his cousins wedding this weekend, so I'll head to Montreal to see my parents.

Yah, my car gets repaired tomorrow... I know it'll be atleast $500 or so to get done... I have budgeted for $1500 so hopefully she'll be okay.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 09-04-2003, 10:26 AM   #3  

Just thought I would pop in. I am new to the WW forums. I have done it in the past just haven't posted. I have been doing WW for about 3 weeks and am down 3 lbs. I get frustrated that it isn't more, but I keep telling myself that it is good to lose weight gradually, and I'm not starving myself and I am eating good things. I want to make this time different.
I had a baby in December and I am ten pounds heavier than my highest weight before the pregnancy. I would like to lose 60 lbs. I have never been "skinny", but I want to be healthier for my daughter. I don't want her to grow up with diet, and weight issues like I did. So, I am trying to get a handle on this now.

I am 30 years old and am a therapist at a rape crisis center. I have been married for 3 years, but have been with my husband for 8 years.

Well, I look forward to posting here and getting to know all of you.

202/199/140
Old 09-04-2003, 10:31 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Ali~ Glad you had fun clothes shopping and congrats on the 2lbs.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement yesterday. I don't feel depressed. I have just gotten back into old, bad habits. I planned for a good day today. I packed my lunch and ate a healthy bkfst. I did end up being busy yesterday at work so that was good. Last night I made a good new recipe that was extemely easy. I will post that on the recipe thread.

Dh and I had a weird night last night. I think we are struggling to adjust to being back in the school year. He works at the school plus has physical therapy right now, plus he works a 2nd job at the church where as this summer he just had the job at the church. I feel kind of unappreciated b/c he comes home and plops b/c he is tired. He was such a big helper before and our evenings were filled with bike rides, games, etc. I am just kind of bummed out about it today. I guess I am not sure If I am being selfish b/c I do understand he is tired. I just feel like a TV widow b/c that is what his spare time has been spent doing. I haven't even talked to him about this so I plan to tonight although he just called and said he would be home late. I am just feeling sorry for myself. I have decided that since he is working late tonight I am going to work out and maybe do some shopping. WEll thanks for listening. I guess part of me knows I am being selfish but I would appreciate it if he would be sensitive during this time of adjustment. I should also mention that TOM is in a couple of days so the fact that I am this upset probably has a lot to do with that.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:35 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi Honey55~ WE must have been posting at the same time. Glad you are here. I work in Community Mental Health and everyone here at work emotional eats so there is always junk food around. Do you find that working where you do???? Just curious.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I'm around - WAY off plan and not able to start anytime soon and CRAZY busy with the start of the school year. My sister and I signed up for "boot camp" two nights a week for a month. I'm hoping it will give me the kick in the butt I need to get losing again. Gotta do lots of work - I'll be back when I can.
KT
Old 09-04-2003, 11:57 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

Hey everyone..

Hi honey

Grace *hugs* I know its hard to stay motivated but you are looking at it right....
Old 09-04-2003, 12:02 PM   #8  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok, I feel bad! Did I scare everyone off with my venting post. I Hope not! Where is everyone??? Just talked to DH on the phone and I shared my feelings with him. He doesn't think I am being selfish and he apologized for not making me more of a priority I know I have to be more understanding about his hours too though. We also rearranged our wknd schedule so that we will have some more time together. I guess I am just starting to realize that marriage, although it is wonderful, is a lot of work too! Well please come post. I promise I will have a more positive rest of the day KT~ Glad you popped in

Question of the DAY.......

What are your vices??? (be specific it can be food, habits, etc)

Mine are....

1. Peanut Butter (it is my evil friend )

2. Magazines, I love them. I have forced myself to stick to my one subscription this year and it kills me

3. Gameboy Advance I play Tetris way too often.

Well that's it for now. I am sure I will think of more.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:07 PM   #9  
Running Babe

Becky: Maybe you and your honey could plan a "date night" once or twice a week, and include in that stipulation that it doesn't include watching "what's on the tube". You know, a night for a walk, playing mini-putt, doing all the fun things you used to do while you were dating kind of thing. I am not married, so I know I am no expert on this, but just a suggestion.

KT: I did a weight training class yesterday and the guy works us soo hard, I am so sore today, but it's that good sore. Good luck with the class!

Honey: looks like you just got back into one-der-land 9under 200lbs). Congrats and welcome!

Lynnie: howdy!!

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey all

Had a decent day yesterday, hung out with the neighbors for a little while last night. AND made it to the gym & did the pilates tape, although I live in constant fear that someone's going to knock on my door or my roommate will come in with a bunch of people while i'm doing the pilates. I wish I had more room in my bedroom so I could do it there!

Ali- congrats on the 2 pounds!

Crystal - welcome!

Becky - feel free to vent anytime. Glad that you got it all worked out though with hubby!

KT - boot camp sounds a little scary.... let us know how it goes. i've seen the crunch boot camp video on amazon.com, anyone tried that?

hi lynnie & all the lurkers!

Vices -
I read way too much, although I've gotten better at it lately
I've gotten past eating way too much although tostitos & salsa con queso is my total weakness - I absolutely can NEVER buy those because they last 1 day, tops.

Hmm i'll have to think about that more... But break's over back to work
Old 09-04-2003, 12:19 PM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ali~ Great suggestion. We are "together" a good amount of time but it is "boy together" not "girl together" if you know what I mean. Girls require conversations, boys are ok with just being in one another's presence I am cool with that some times but lately it's been way too often.

Don't you love that "I worked my arse off" kind of sore!
Congrats

Angie~ I always fear that with my Pilates tape too. There is just some weird stuff that you do. For instance on the Winsor Pilates at the end where you clap your feet 3 times. I feel like a complete loon!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all, I have been in meetings all morning and I have a ton of work to get done today for a meeting tomorrow. Bluchhh, but at least the time goes by. It is almost lunch time, and I am going to the gym.

As for vices, I have way too many. Need to work on that.

Pizza and soda are my food vices. Oh and Dip, I can never eat just a little dip!!!

I am really into crafts and quilting and stuff. Everytime I go to a specialty store I buy stuff. I have so many not-started projects, it would keep me busy for years. I am getting better on this tho because we are on a budget now with 2 kids in daycare.

Buying things for my kids. If I see something cute I just have to get it. Yes, I spoil them.

Disney... I am totally addicted to the Mouse!! We are going there again in November!!!

I know there are a ton more. Am I pathetic???
Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Going in the field today

Well, off to Saskatchewan in about 30 min. I like going in the field, but it's hard WW-wise! I have a lunch provided on the plane, so god knows waht that'll be. Then for dinner we eat the food provided - usually beef on a bun and sweets. Tell me, how can I win??

This week it's only one day, but next week I am gone from Tuesday morning til Friday at midnight. I will eat out every single meal. Breakfast at Denny's (attached to hotel there), lunch wherever and dinner at the open houses (beef on a bun, every night).

Help!! Denny's is BRUTAL. I figure I'll print off Dottis list of Denny's food and hope that I can stick to my points and not go over flexpoints next week. FOUR DAYS! Plus, there is no pool or gym there to go to either. BAH.

Well, hello to Crystal and everyone else. I have to run and catch my plane. Have a good one!!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #14  

Default Greetings

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a great day

Thanks for the welcome Rina - and yes this does seem like a great group! So how is your car?? Not too expensive I hope?? I know what it's like to be without a car - it's a pain in the butt - - That is why I cannot attend WW meetings at the moment. I am carless. I either carpool or catch the bus, but I am in Los Angeles and the public transportation system here SUCKS. When my girlfriend does not drive me to work - it takes three buses! aaaccck. . .lol

Greetings Ali - congratulations on the 2 pound weight loss. My weigh in day is Saturday, and I'm just hoping I don't gain any more weight. (For those that don't recognize me, I first posted last night on the Wednesday thread). I am 39 and currently 203, I was on WW about 2 years ago and lost 50 pounds, but I have gained 26 pounds back. So I am starting over again and this is my first week.

Greetings Crystal - It sounds like we are both new here but have been here before. Did you join the Holloween challenge? I tend to lose weight slowly about 1 to 2 pounds a week, but think how much it will be if we stick it out til Holloweeen. hhmmmmm.

Angie - I have a pilates tape too - do you do the 20 minutes or the sculpting 45 minutes? I am trying to get back into the 20 minute tape (although I don't know if 20 minutes makes a big difference or not). Still it's a fun tape and I enjoy it.

Hi Becky - Isn't marriage fun? Although your DH sounds like a pretty nice guy b/c he listens to u. Mine may listen but he is so so STUBBORN.

Re vices - My vices are licorice (which I absolutely LOVE - I can eat an entire family size bag in the blink of an eye - so I am trying to keep them out of my house at the moment) and I love reading - romance; mystery; horror - currently reading a Dean Koontz novel.

Anyway wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Faith

Last edited by FaithQ; 09-04-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #15  

P.S. did not work out last night but stayed within my points. (woo hoo).
Closed Thread