South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 08:13 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Call to Action Challenge, Day 6

doot doo doot doo do, doot doo doot doo do....(blowing revelie!)

Okay troops, time to kick it up a notch!

Marcie's post on the daily got me thinking about how changes in behavior results in changes in attitude, which result in FURTHER changes in behavior! We start out eating healthier and being more active for whatever reasons and before you know it, our attitudes have changed! And the positive changes we see and feel spur us on to further changes...or they can!

I have found that regular exercise has had a positive impact on my life in a lot of ways. SO....my challenge to you is to GET ACTIVE! Move your bod either through exercise or activity. Find new and different ways to rev up your metabolism.

Towards that goal, I am going to post the minutes of exercise or activity I manage to squeeze in a day. You are more than welcome to join it...I will total our minutes and post for all to see.

Day 5 goals:

1. Get back on track. The weekend is KILLING ME! Did it...but it was a bit of a struggle!

2. Use my new "restaurant water" glass...a lot. I love my new glass...feel pretty classy drinking from it, too!

3. Get in my workout...use my new wrist weights. Yup, did this too! I can really feel the difference strenght training has made!

Day 6 goals:

1. Eat OP...even at the PTO Tea this morning! Maybe I should eat before I go?
2. Drink less coffee, more water.
3. 3 mi WATP tape, maybe even 4 mi!
4. Fix myself a nice lunch and not just grab whatever is handy.

Still sticking to the KISS plan (SMOOTCHIE for some of you! )

Get busy, get active, get moving recruits! I expect to hear good things from each and everyone of you! I'll be checking on you....
Old 09-02-2003, 08:31 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Today:

Water
Exercise
less diet soda
op eating

Old 09-02-2003, 08:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Franny, I'm ready!

Today:

- water
- a walk
- no diet soda
- make a nice op dinner
- clean to music!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Today.......
- absolutely pure clean eating on program
- two walks - leaving for the first one in a minute
- water, water, water
- think positive thoughts and get myself out of this "why bother" funk. The scale WILL move eventually.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Today's goals.....

1. I'm going to go back to Phase 1 for the rest of this week. I may have been overdoing it a bit on the Phase 2 carbs, and that's why I've been so hungry lately.

2. Document every bite that goes into my mouth at fitday.com. I just HAVE to make myself more accountable for the volumes of food that I've been eating lately.

3. I am really struggling with exercise! Today I'm going to walk for my breaks at work. Yesterday I ordered a 3-tape set of Walking Away the Pounds videos....they should be here soon, and hoping they will help to get me motivated.

Good luck with your goals today ladies!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:55 AM   #6  

Good morning!!!

Day 6 goals:

Eat on plan even though I am home all day alone ...

Ditto on drinking my water (not 6 cups of decaf) ...

Spend an hour and a half at the gym exercising (this time will not include the time spent in the steam room ...)

Make myself sauteed spinach with dinner even though no one else in the house can stand the sight/smell/taste of it ...

Good luck today all!!!

9:29 p.m. ...

Ate op all day (overdid a little with peanuts ... needed salt ... closing in on TOM)

Did 45 minutes elliptical trainer, 15 minutes bike, 30 minutes weights at the gym (and 1/2 hour in the steam room ... ahhhh)

72 oz of water (probably could have done better)

Had my spinach with chicken breast for dinner (everone wanted to leave the house because of the "smell" of the spinach ... I reminded them all of where the door is...)

Last edited by Nikkiloo; 09-02-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #7  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking PRIVATE GOFISHIN HERE,SGT FRANNY!!

Hey to all u Beachin Babes!! Sooooo glad the holiday weekend is gone,time to get bk to the basics. SOMEHOW (after eating hotlinks) I still managed to finally loose another # off my backside!! Did "NO" exercise yesterday so w/a swift kick in the butt,I WILL GET MY ARSE IN THE STREETS A RUNNING 2DAY (rained all day yesterday so cuddled up to my book and )Will b more positive 2day drill sargeant and meet these goals
  • Eat only SBD plan(thank God those retched hotlinks r all gone )
  • Drink 128oz of H2O w/o my ration of WINE
  • Hit the street w/happy feet avoiding all water puddles
  • HAVE A HAPPY BEACHIN DAY BABES.................GOFISHIN
Old 09-02-2003, 10:00 AM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Day 6 goals.
Water
Exercise - already been at Curves for my workout. Plan to ride the bike later.
Eat on plan.
Keep positive thoughts about where I am, what I'm doing and where I am going to be.
Enjoy my massage this afternoon. My 'me' thing.

Lizzie
Old 09-02-2003, 12:34 PM   #9  

Already worked out this morning....elliptical and bike

So, my daily goals are to not eat any starchy carbs today (Have been a lil too laid back on Phase 2)

Drink 90 oz of water, less coffee and diet pepsi

Stay on plan and limit my snacks.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!!
Closed Thread