Old 08-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Default 300+ Chat Thread, August 2016

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #2  

Hi Guys,

Seems like it's been quiet here for July. Hoping August brings more people and more posts. I have been MIA myself and I don't have any excuse. I can't post for long since I'm at work. I plan to come back this evening and fill everyone in with what is going on with me. Apparently I haven't updated my ticker in at least 80 days so I decided to finally update it to my actual weight as of today. Lots going on in my head that I feel I need to talk about with everyone and get some advice. I'll be back later today, hope someone is here that will listen
Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #3  

So I'm here...ready to pour my thoughts on "paper". I've been struggling honestly since about Memorial Day with staying on track to get this weight off. I went out of town that weekend and gained almost 10 pounds. Needless to say it never came back off and I've gained almost another 5 pounds since then. As much as I want to make all the excuses in the world I knownit comes down to the fact I have not been as strict with my eating as I have been. My portions haven't been huge but I have been eating quite a bit more fat than my usual and still trying to keep the carbs on the low side. Having PCOS and no gallbladder makes it a lot harder than I originally realized with eating a certain way to lose. For PCOS they tell you to est low in carbs but without having a gallbladder they tell you to eat low in fat. I guess I just need to find the right balance in both. Luckily I am back on my regular workoit schedule and have been going strong for about 3 weeks now. If I get 4-5 days in a week I'm happy. The bad thing about working out at this time of year for me is this is when I really like to get outside, but with the temperature being so hot with a heat index of over 100 and add in the 80-100% humidity it's unbearable to be outside this year. I'm hoping it will cool off after this month so DH and I can get back outside. We've been miserable.

Thanks everyone for listening if there is anyone out there. It seems like it's been rough for a lot of us. I'm glad I'm not alone. Good night all.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #4  

Checking in before bed.
Still trying to give it my all and treat every day as a new and try not to make mistakes. Had s nice walk on the beach this evening with my bestie. It was nice and much needed. We walked a little over 3 miles. I didn't even notice how long we walked because of is talking and catching up.
Hope everyone else is doing okay. It looks like my personal journal in here so I hope someone posts soon.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Sam, are you on metformin?
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #6  

Ubee I'm not. I don't have any issues with my blood sugar, but when I visited my psych last week (she also has PCOS) she said sometimes people who don't have issues with blood sugar will get put on it anyway and to ask my PCP next time I visit her. I alsp have issues with excess body hair and she said that there's something called Spiralactone *sp that can help with that. I see what Metformin does to my grandma so I've been weary about saying anything but maybe I shoild ask about it at my next check up.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Just posting here to get active on this site again. I usually don't post on here very much, as I feel like I don't really fit in/belong in threads like these. That's kind of why I left the site for a while. Just trying to get out of my own way and stop worrying about what everyone else is possibly thinking. So, I'm here. About to make my nephew breakfast and then work out (starting T25, so if you've done it please tell me your thoughts on it).
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 390/390/200

Height: 5'3"

Hello, I am new here. I've never been in a forum community. My name is Hope. I currently weigh 390lbs. I am just so sick of being fat. I don't seem to have any motivation by myself. I sit all day at my job, and have bad back pain, so when I try to walk or do anything really, I get so exhausted so quickly. I just don't know where to start. I eat healthy for the most part. Very few carbs, and a soda every now and then. Drink mainly water all day. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to give myself a kick in the rear, and just workout through the pain until my pain cause by my weight subsides? Any help is appreciated. thanks!
opeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:59 AM   #9  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Good Morning Ladies! And Hello all the way from Scotland

I am soo sorry for being MIA, I went on holiday to Portugal for a week which was fantastic and then I started my new job which has been a bit crazy and very very tiring for the most part.

Good news is, Since starting my new healthy lifestyle I am at the lowest weight. I have now lost 21.6lbs which has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. While on holiday I put on 8lbs :O but managed to get it back off again in just one week, I think it was just all fluid or all cocktails lol.

SamIam: I am sorry that you have been struggling. PCOS is a big B word! It makes everything much harder to deal with. fingers crossed you get a nice boost in confidence which boosts metabolism. Have you tired My Fitness Pal? I know you keep a journal, but MFP is the ONLY thing that keeps me motivated on each meal choice everyday as it shows me exactly how many calories I take in. Every time I stray from it, I gain or maintain.

alyssarof What makes you think that you don't fit in? I am interested to know. Coming from Scotland I used to think that I didn't fit in either, all the food recipes were garbled to me because the UK sells such different meals. If I didn't work in the states for 4 summers as an International Camp Counsellor, I would of had no idea about half the stuff everyone talks about. We even use different weight measurements and clothes measurements and shoe size measurements. However, while the community has been rather quiet recently, we all have one thing in common. That is, that we are willing to listen..... I hope you start to feel a little better about the community.

Opeha: First of all WELCOME!!!!!!!
My Advice..... Start slow, one thing at a time. You say you eat healthy for the most part and drink mostly water each day, that's great!!! If you haven't already, maybe first move to drink only water or tea all day. Maybe treat yourself to a Zero calorie soda at the weekend? If you haven't started tracking your meals, start now! I use my fitness pal, at first just track.... find out roughly how many calories you normally eat every day. Then start to reduce the calorie intake until you start to see movement on the scales. I work in an office environment, I am also awaiting surgery for really bad elbows (both of them) which really affects my exercise. I can walk/try and run, do sit ups and stuff like that, but a lot of things involve my arms and it is very sore. This means that just now I need to rely 100% on my food intake. I still lose weight when I don't exercise. Maybe if you went 100% food like me just now, then maybe you can start with a small 10 minute walk every night, then up it 5 mins every week or every other week. It will get you moving, but will make you concentrate on your calorie intake everyday.

Its a place to start anyway. I really hope you find the motivation to change your lifestyle and start feeling great!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #10  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone,

I too started at over 300. Now down to 285. Just got back from vaca have put on 4 pds. Not bad I can live with that.

I too have PCOS just learned about this. I am 57 and the dr. didn't believe when I told him I didn't know what it was. we never cared whether I got pregnant or not so I never went for any tests.

The dr. was very rude, but he gave a a good kick in the a@% to get started.
Anyone else that has PCOS have you read Rob Thompson's Glycemic Load Diet? If you haven't it is so worth the price and the read. I have lost weight so effortlessly and notice a big change in my shape of my body. (Alot of weightloss in my stomach area).

Sam I would recommend you read this book before going on meds. I just am a more natural type of person. You will feel better almost from the start of eating this way.

Opeha welcome..

Scotsgal loved to hear how different it is in Scotland with tracking weight. Love to more about Scotland Always have wanted to go visit there. Your vaca sounded fantastic.

alyssarof you are welcome here. We are all the same here just at different stages of our weightloss. You can do this..

I also follow MFP love it. but I get many of my recipes from Sparkspeople.

Mary
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 390/390/200

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Mam and Scotsgal! So far I have used the Fitbit app to help track food in the past. I am trying to get in the habit of doing it everyday now. I slipped last night and had some sweets, but back on track today. I am on an IF eating plan, and doing 16 hr fast and 8 hr window to eat. It is working for me so far. I feel less sluggish throughout the day, which is a start.

Mam, I have PCOS, have had it since in high school. We have been trying to get my weight down to a healthy state to try and have a baby, no luck yet.

I look forward to what you all have to say I check in here daily. I work from home, so never too far from the computer most days
opeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #12  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

mam: you are welcome to ask any questions you would like about Scotland I live in a Town called Ayr. It is on the South West coast. You are very welcome to google maps lol. It is a very typical British seaside town, however, very rarely any sunshine lol.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #13  

Alyssa Welcome! Don't feel like you don't fit in here...everyone is very nice and all have a common goal to get healthy. I hope you did well with T25. I've tried it but was too hard for me. Lots of jumping around in my apartment didn't make my neighbor like me much either.

Opeha Hello!! Scotsgal said it best.
Gotta start slow. I can relate with you about pain. When I first started my back constantly hurt. I never slept well at night and I would get cramps on the tops of my feet. I could barely go on a walk for 15 mins. Just takenit a day at a time, track your meals and keep the water comin! You can do this!!

Soctsgal I'm glad you are back and had a great time on holiday. I'm still trying to get my head on straight but I know I can do it. Just need to get out of the rut. I started watching these two Scottish skit comedy shows that were on BBC that are hilarious...Limmy's Show and Bournistoun. Have you heard of it? I wish our comedy shows were that good but at least I have a box that I can watch shows all across the globe...when I have time to watch tv 😊

Mam I haven't heard of that book but will look it up. I've been successful with my weight loss thus far but now not so much. I guess I'm just grasping at straws to get the rest of this weight off me and want it off now! Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

I'm still not all here mentally right now but I'm in the right direction. Tomorrow starts new week to make it a good week. I spent a good few hours in the kitchen prepping. I made some egg muffins for breakfast.
Cooked some chicken breast and seasoned it buffalo style for salads this week and have a spaghetti squash lasagna in the oven. Not sure how it will turn out but I will keep you updated. I made a regular lasagna for DH. I'm also steering myself awau from diet soda again. I got some seltzer water for when I want something fizzy and I bought some crystal light for flavored water. I don't mind plain water but having flavor in it helps me drink more.

I'm pretty pooped. Laundry still needs to be done so that is my next task while dinner is in the oven.

Going to sleep good tonight and get ready for a great day tomorrow! We can do it friends! Be well!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi Ladies - sorry I have been very MIA last little bit - had to get through school holidays and girls at home - then getting back into routine running them around - need to schedule some pc time these days as I think it is feeling a little neglected - gone from 6 hours a day to 2 hours a week in use.!

Have found motivation to go walking - well sort of - girls have motivation on my phone in the form of Pokémon go - must say Sunday 7 August I did 24,500 steps with them just from having it and them playing!

anyway been doing okay with my WW plan - had a small gain last week but lost it again and a bit more ! Phew! trying to drink more water
need to survive the winter here only one more month I hope then back to warmer weather

last weigh in --
121.2 kg or 267 pounds now down !

good to be back and see you ladies here
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I'm supposed to be doing t25 with my mom and she is procrastinating by all of a sudden feeling like washing clothes, washing dishes, wiping the stove, etc. I don't even know what to do right now.... Wanna do it without her, but if I do she's not gonna do it by herself... Like... This workout is literally 25 minutes. You can't not clean up for 25 minutes? Ugh.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 08-08-2016 at 01:42 PM.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote