Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Ogim!!

Howdy All!

I am back at work this morning after a week of time off. I did tons of cleaning and organization (I organized drawers, threw out tons of stuff)... I also got my kitty back! I checked in at the humane society on Wednesday (I had been going every other day) and my cat was there! yah (she had arrived that morning)! She seems to have forgiven me and is sleeping next to me.

I went with my bf on his company's yacht this weekend, that was fun, but I got really burned.

The weather has cooled down some which is making it much easier to sleep at night.

On the down side, I have been feeling nauseous for the last few days which is starting to worry me... now if it's the thing I am being paranoid about, how long from conception would it take to show up on a pg test? I think this could maybe be due to a cold I have though so my balance is out of whack causing me to feel nauseated and tired all of the time.

I am also thinking about getting a second job part time just to help make ends meet a little better.

Anyway, take care!

Ali
Old 08-25-2003, 08:46 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ali~ Good morning! YAY You found the cat!! I am so happy for you. As far as the PG thing I am pretty sure that the earliest detection is the EPT which will let you know about 4 days before your period is supposed to start. I am not positive though. I have been feeling a little weird lately too (sore breasts, nauseau, etc) I am just crossing my fingers that this board isn't rubbing off on me

Well wknd was good. I helped DH get ready for his first official day of school. I think he is nervous which is soooo cute I know he will do well though. He teaches secondary history, government, geography. Other than that nothing else is new here. Everyone come out and play and tell us about your wknd.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:17 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

You girls scare me. I think I'm going to start a program of celibacy just to make sure I don't "catch" a pregnancy here.

Ali - I'm so glad that you got your cat back! What a litttle miracle.

Becky - Can I take your husbands class? I'd rather study that stuff than work today!

I worked Friday night, Saturday and Sunday at job 2 so I didn't really do anything else other than household chores. I don't work there again until Thursday night which is good because I'm a little burned out on people.

Come out and play.....
Old 08-25-2003, 09:18 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Becky: Maybe we're having sympathy pain? Wish you hubby luck from us, I am sure he'll do well. Wow, your hubby has basically the same teachables as I do, although I never went to teachers' college.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:21 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Laura: I am working an 8-4 job right now, how hard do you find it to manage your second job, social life, household chores and the like? I am thinking about getting a second job. Yup, I was so relieved to get my kitty back. I got her microchipped and everything! In many ways I just want a second job to get out of debt faster and to be able to have some extras (which includes my car right now).

Take care!

Ali
Old 08-25-2003, 09:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning!

Well, I am moving rather slowly this morning. After a night of tossing and turning, I am wiped today. I will get over it...I hope.

Had a fairly good weekend...didn't do much of anything, which is always good.

My FH and I spent Friday night discussing the wedding budget with my parents. We are going away to get married, so it's supposed to be much easier to plan, but it's not happening that way.

I spent most of Sunday working on designing our Save-the-date invitations. Still not done, but getting there. We went for a nice drive on Saturday night too.

Yesterday was just spent on the computer (looking at wedding stuff again) and went to FH baseball game, then did housecleaning in the evening. Nothing too exciting I admit.

I have done alright on my first week on the new program. I finished all my Flex Points last night, so today and tomorrow are only my target points, I can't go over them. I'm supposed to Weigh-in tomorrow night, but have a baseball game, so it's going to have to wait until Thursday. Such is life, I suppose.

I have a short week this week, as we are driving to Ottawa this weekend to see my sister. I'm pretty excited about it, not only is it four hours alone with FH, but I get to see my sister too and get away from my family.

Anyways...enough about me. I did want to mention that this pg bug and the sympathy pains are starting to worry me...please keep it to yourselves, I'm not ready for it yet!

Ali - It's great that you were able to find your cat...must be a relief to have her back. I'm sure you are so excited to be back at work today after a whole week off. I hope you survive.

Becky - Good luck to your husband. I know alot of teachers who are trying to get ready for the start of school and alot of mothers who just can't wait.

I hope everyone has a great OP day! Best of luck.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:11 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Maybe you are all having sympathy pains!?? I don't know about you, but it seems that everyone I know is either pg or trying. I find it really bizarre- I guess we are to that age. Buthere I am, not even married yet!! At 27....though, I dont' think it'll be long - maybe within the year (12 months, that is) he'll propose.

Ali - yay! Glad you cat came back! I wonder what happened toher? Poor baby. I am glad she is sleeping with you again...

Humber - I am going to WI today and get the new program (later in Canada I guess) I am pretty excited. Ialways figure, since they haven't changed this program much in - what - like 6 years I think...that they will likely have made good improvements. So...can't hurt to do that. I have to admit I debated just sticking with the old program but I have decided to give this one a good fair shake.

Hi Laura and Becky!!

Well, I have to get my sorry butt to work - I am swamped the next week adn then we are tiling our hallway (by ourselves - yikes) on the long weekend, so I am feeling overwhelmed.

OH! I almost forgot the most bizarre news....You know I have mentioned that my dad and his wife are divorcing after 23 years, right? Well.....get this.....dad comes over to my condo for brunch (it was my sisters's b-day) and he tells me he found a place....well, it's with ANOTHER WOMAN!! He says they are just friends, and OK at 63 they might just be friends, but we never heard hide nor hair of this woman and now he's moving in with her!! That seems just a little bizarre, doesn't it?? My 2 sisters and I were all OK with it though...whateer makes him happy. OH and then we had to meet with our stepmother cuz she wanted to talk to us - we don't know what she wanted. She told us why she is leaving him, etc...but she didn't indicate she wanted a relationship....and she didn't ask any questions...we weren't sure if it went OK or not. It was really weird. Dad says she figures she can get rid of him (she is getting a mortgage to buy him out of the house) and still have a good rel with us and him (not that she has that now, by any means). It doesn't work that way...but it is very strange nonetheless.

Well, I must head out now...for real....just had to share!!

Have a good OP day girls!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Humber! Do you like the new plan? I'm thinking about WIing 2 days early just to get it.

Belle - I think it is great that you can support your dad so wholeheartedly. It is so easy to forget that our parents are more than just our parents and need the same compassion at times that our friends do.

Ali - re: the second job. I'm not handling it well at all. I feel constantly overwhelmed between FT, PT, social life and the house. I don't know if it is having a PT job, having this particular PT job or just me though. I'm the kind of person that is easily stressed and who doesn't handle it well. I'm also a homebody and not much of a people person. My PT job is in customer service and I personally am physically exhausted by the number of people I come into contact with. You've always struck me as someone more balanced than I am so a PT job might workout for you - especially if it suits your personality. If you are trying to get out of debt quicker, I'd first rec. tightening up your budget if you have any slack in it. If not, think seriously about how many more hours you are willing to work per week as well as what type of work you can do. Plus, it might help to go into it with a stop date in mind so you can always say to yourelf "just x more weeks of this". I'm planning on quitting my PT job in the next month. I want to work on building a life that I enjoy instead of one that I survive. I'd still consider working a different PT job if I could set my hours, work at home or work at something less people oriented and more information oriented.

Sorry about the book all.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi everyone! I have a 3-day week this week, so I'm very excited. Course, my days off will involve a lot of driving, because I'm going to Asheville, N.C., for my sister's graduation from massage therapy school. It's going to be a killer trip ... I'm leaving Wed. after work and it's a 7 1/2 hour drive. Then I'm coming back Sat. because DH and I had made plans to go to a concert with friends long before I knew when the graduation was. It's an outdoor music festival at Virginia Beach with our favorite band, Cracker. I have to work Labor Day, so it's going to be a very whirlwind week. But at least I only work three days this week!

Hey, I WANT the pregnancy vibes to rub off on me! But hey, DH and I are having fun trying! Thing is, I have no clue, really, when I'm ovulating because since I went off the pill a few months ago, my cycles have been off. I've had weird cramping in my stomach for about a week now. I took a PG test last week and it was negative, but I know I took it at the wrong time. I'll take another one a few days before I think I'm going to get my period. Hope that's not TMI for y'all! If so, sorry!

Ali: Yay on the kitty! So glad she was found!

Belle: Weird about your dad. But hey, whatever makes him happy, right?

Hey, I haven't gotten the new Flex plan yet! I was told when I weighed in Saturday (only lost .6) that it would be this week. But I have to miss this week because I'll be in Asheville.

Laura, Ali: I'm not sure I could work a second job, although the money would be nice. But I'm always exhausted just to work my regular job! I used to work like crazy early in my career, 10-12 hour days and weekends. Then I got a bad case of bronchitus and had to miss a week of work. It made me realize that working too much was hazardous to my health! So I try very much now not to work more than 40 hours a week, although the OT in my paychecks is always nice. Sigh. Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to work at all?

Hi to Humber and Becky, too!

Man, my tummy feels weird ...
Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Morning all

Back at work AGAIN!! I hate working Saturdays because it feels like I didn't have a weekend... but only three days this week. I've got Thursday and Friday off, so I think I can make it.

Had an interesting weekend though. I have lived in this town for almost a year (actually exactly a year tomorrow) and have met more people in the last week than I've met in practically the entire year (if you don't count people at work). I love my new apartment, people actually socialize around it. And I met new people when I went out on Saturday night, my roommate and I ended up talking to them all night long. Something about going home when it's 5:00 in the morning reminds me of being in college.. sigh...

Ali - that's great that you found your cat back! So apparently she just took a little vacation of her own and I bet she's glad to be back now!

Laura - I've been thinking about finding a 2nd job too to get out of debt faster, but you're making me rethink that. Maybe I'll just try and get as much overtime as I can here, it is nice to always have my Sundays free...

Becky & humber - hi!

I suppose I should actually ... work ...
Old 08-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Hey kim you were posting while I was - isn't the 3-day week awesome!!!! Sounds like you've got a great weekend planned too
Old 08-25-2003, 12:24 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Its a Gorgeous Monday here in NJ I'm goign to head outo soon b/c according to my weather sources the weekends going to suck
The weekend was good tho not good foodwise
Thursday I ahd chinese twice in a row
friday i barely remember
and Saturday and sunday had bbqs

Saturdays was cool we watched raiders of the lost ark in a friends backyard on a 15 foot bedsheet
Sunday was Bf's parents and I did ok there did alot of prepwork so I was on my feet
Ali!!!! I have the urge to sing and the cat came back I'm so happy for youThe Yacht must ahve been lovely
Becky! was his first day today?
Laura Perhaps we should invest in chastity belts?
Humber where are you going to get married?
Belle thats wierd about your dad but hey whatever works
Kim your weekend sounds great tho a bit crazy we should get you an amplifier so we can direct ALLLL the PG vibes to you!
Angie isnt that always the way I can go thru a total dry spell and then in the shortest span of time meet tons of ppl
Old 08-25-2003, 01:53 PM   #13  

Hi all! I am here lurking...I think I will go back to WW at the one month mark-they say that is when your milk supply is established, so I can safely start a weight loss regimen. if i would stop eating junk I'm sure I'd be losing weight now {sigh} old, crappy habits are hard to break. My mini goal is to be at my pre preg wt by my six week check up. 10 pounds to go...

I was supposed to go home to NY today with the baby, but I did something to my neck-I was in agony for the past two days and broke down and went to a chiropractor for the first time today-it helped alot but I still can't drive without pain, so the visit will have to wait.

I am going to sign up for mommy and me exersize class at the Y until the baby is old enough to leave in daycare at the gym (six months)-otherwise I won't be going to the gym at all. At least when I can start running, I can leave the baby at home with DH. it's just too much of a hassle to wait for him to get home from work, and then head out to the gym which is 20 min away-I'd rather go during the day when I have free time.

Ali-glad about the cat!
Belle-how bizarre-its good that you and your sibs are ok with it-the important thing is that your dad is happy, right?

To all who have started the new WW plan-let me know how it is!
Lori
Old 08-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girls. Sorry to be so late inthe day on this post, but things are starting to kick into high gear here, so I just have to do it when I get the time.

HUMBER, DON'T READ THIS PART: I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and so far, things are looking great. The horomone levels are exactly where they should be. So Thursday we're going to have an ultrasound and by that point, we should be able to see a heartbeat and hopefully everything will be ok. Girls who are hoping to become pregnant, I have a website that tells you which pregnancy tests are the most sensitive, and if you're interested in the urls, PM or email me and I'll get it to you.

OK HUMBER, YOU CAN READ AGAIN STARTING HERE:
Kier, sounds like you had a busy weekend. That bedsheet in the yard -- what a fun summer idea! Where on earth did you get the reels and the projector to do that?

Angie, good for you on the making friends. That doesn't always come easily so good for you for getting out there and doing it! Right now, you're on virtual Wednesday afternoon, just keep thinking about that.

Kim, I think with your busy weekends you might need sis to show off her massage skills on you after her Graduation. Have fun seeing Cracker -- that does sound like a great weekend, even though its crazy busy.

Laura-girl, I'm sorry you are so overwhelmed with job #2. Do you think that CB moving in will help with finances enough that maybe you can give that up? You're only going to live once and I hate to think that you're stressed out and unhappy on that one trip. On the other hand, if you sleep better at nights knowing that you'll have enough money to have debt freedom, mayne it's less stress for you to keep it. I just want you to be HAPPY! BTW, how do you like feeling the breeze today (you did accept Kim's and my dare, didn't you?)

Belle, I agree that your situation with Dad and Stepmom is really strange. Sometimes the people we know best surprise us the most. I hope your Dad will be happy with his new roommate, whatever the relationship.

Humber, wedding stuff will so totally drain you, won't it? I remember having to just put aside an hour a day to spend on all of it, phone calls, invitation, address gathering, ordering, choosing song lists, writing thank-you's, and take a good 3 or 4 hour chunk somewhere else in the week, and just plodded my way through it. Hang in there, it will all be a memory before you know it!

Becky, now that hubby is all ready to go, I need for you to come help me out to get ready for my first day of school! My first day of a post-grad student is tonight (God help me, it's been awhile since I've been on that end of it all) and my first teaching day is in two weeks. So can you come help me make name tags and locker tags and hang up bulletin boards and cut out cute little school buses, please?

Ali, sounds like you had a great weekend. A yacht? You sure you should be hanging out here and not at the WW's Jetsetters thread? Just teasin', you know we love having you here. I sure did breathe a sigh of relief to hear that kitty made it home safely. We lost our cat for 4 days when we were staying with my parents duringa move once and we were just sick. TUrns out she had crawled down inside the bar in their basement, and when my mom put a case of wine behind the bar, she covered up the hole so she couldn't get back out. It was a great feeling finding her and knowing she was ok, as I imagine it was for you!

Ok, I must get laundry done -- I'm so very backed up!

See you ladies later!
Old 08-25-2003, 02:13 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Lori, my megapost was being published while you dropped in. How is little Sara? I still can't get to those pictures -- is there another link I can use? I gotta tell you, when I was nursing Aaron, until he started on solids, I lost mega-weight. It was awesome. All I did was ride my recumbant bike for 30 minutes each day and do WW, and it just melted off. Of course then I felt invincible and got much of it back after he was weaned....oh well, live and learn, right?
Take good care of yourself, and GO TAKE A NAP -- you probably need it! ")
Closed Thread