Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct Newbies 2013- Sticking with it in Sept.

Hi all,

Almost our two year anniversary! A month to get ready and stick to the plan
Old 09-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #2  

This is Luccilove's post from the previous thread:

"So I am on P4 for the last week. I think in a week I gained 5lbs. I feel like on P4 IP just drops you and says basically you are on your own. I feel P4 might be the hardest phase yet. I feel very overwhelmed and have no idea how I can realistically do this on the cruise next week.

I see my coach today I am sure they will not be pleased. To be honest I have not been tracking my calories and carbs as I should. Do you all do this everyday? I feel this is a lot to do everyday.

I also don't like that for P4 there is no specific sheet that says use these specific breads or peanut butters etc. My fear is I will gain my weight back again.

When I get back from the cruise I guess I really need to make a weekly plan and stick too it. I am still confused with the fat and carb combo. I had 1 fun day last week and I ate everything in sight then felt sick after. Has anyone done this while on P4?

Any tips or specific brands of food to try or stick with. My coach said to eat Ezeikial bread."
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2

I love the name of the new thread but I always read it as "Sticking it to September". lol

Lucci - How is Phase 4 going? I think we are all scared and a little unsure of ourselves when heading into maintenance. Everything was so structured up until this point. In Phase 4 you can continue with your Phase 3 breakfast. Did you and your coach come up with how many calories you should be eating daily based on your BMR and activity? It is still really important to track your food. I suggest using My Fitness Pal on your smartphone. Successful maintainers continue to track what they eat. Never let a fun meal turn into a fun day/weekend/week/month. It's a fun MEAL with dessert and a drink, not 3 big restaurant meals plus snacks out at the movies and 3 pints of beer at 10pm. Can you tell I'm speaking from experience? lol You were asking about bread - I like the Silver Hills Little Big Bread for maintenance. You get 2 pieces for the calories/carbs of 1 of other brands. They sell packs of 2 here at Costco. I used to eat 2 pieces of that bread, 2 tsp butter, 3/4 cup FF greek yogurt, a sliced apple, and 2 pieces back bacon for breakfast. It seems like a lot but the calories were always under 400.

This Phase 1 reboot has been totally worth it. I am down just over 10 lbs in less than 4 weeks. I am going to hang in a little longer to get back down under the 140 mark. Thanks for putting up with all my whining. The first 7-10 days was miserable!

How are you all doing? Man, if we could be back at our lowest weights for our 2 year anniversary... That would be great!

S.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #4  

Steph, pretty funny switch with the name! I definitely will not be at my lowest weight by the anniversary, lol. I am promising to start my reboot next Tues. Too be honest, I just want to drop my waist bloat. Kind of think my body looks better now except for my pants not fitting. We shall see. I am going to do the reboot for 1 month to see where it gets me.

How about everyone else?
Old 09-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #5  

Slip, if it helps with the motivation, a shocking amount of my waist bloat went away in two to three days of the reboot, and a lot of it the first week. My waist is still what needs to reduce the final inches, but like Steph mentioned, the first week was the hardest and after that, not too bad.

I’m not sure how long I’ll stay on P1, for sure 5 more lbs or so - or until October - , so I have a little buffer, and then I’ll see how I feel.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 09-06-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

This last week of summer for us has flown bye. Me and the kids are up north and having a pretty quiet weekend.

Luccilove - tracking daily in p4 helped me a lot. Once I had a few menus it was easier. I eat pretty much the same breakfast and lunch. Dinner can be a bit more work to track. Exercise helps me correct slops but that can be a slippery slope.

Kids go back to school Tuesday and I'm going to work harder at getting these 6 up lbs down. I was hoping to do for my one year anniversary but won't make it. My DH is off work and actively looking which is time consuming and often does not lead anywhere. He did a 4 round extensive interview process over the past couple weeks. We hope to hear something next week.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #7  

Hi!

Amber, that is what I am hoping! Glad your reboot is going well.

Jenny, school started here for me on August 24th. It has been impossibly hot, and we do not have AC. Have fun with the kids up north! Wishing DH tons of luck on the job hunt.

We have a 60th anniversary for my school next Sat., a family baby shower on Sunday and meeting a childhood friend(bringing home her new boyfriend) for dinner in Mystic. Then Phase 1 begins on Tuesday!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #8  

So unbearably hot at school! But... the kids have been so good! My room was temp tested at 90 degrees. Hoping that tomorrow will bring a break in the heat and humidity.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:32 PM   #9  

Slip - I think it is too hot for you to be working. My best friend is a teacher, apparently there are rules about it being to cold but none for to hot. This week has been horrible but the temp came down tonight. Glad the kids are doing well. Are you doing gr. 7 again?

I posted on the maintence thread that today is my 1 yr. anniversary. I'm up 7 over my range - like to be closure to 164 but on the who,e I feel like it has been a successful year but still have so much to learn. The sugar remains an addiction which throws me off track and I need to be more consistent with my eating.

On a different note I have been binge watching The Walking Dead. I resisted for years but now love it. Any other fans?
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #10  

Jenny I have also been a staunch Walking Dead resistor. But I wouldn't mind a new good show.
I really don't like zombies or horror, so the thought of watching Zombies sounds awful. But I don't mind sci fi and supernatural stuff as long as it's good.
Do you think I should check out TWD?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yikes on the heat, Slip!! Here it is 28C (86F approx.) during the day and beautifully sunny with the leaves starting to change (will post pix if I get the chance, lol - I still haven't downloaded the wedding trip pix from my camera & phone) BUT at night it goes down to 9C (48F approx.) so a huge range which means my bedroom looks like a bomb hit it with shorts & flipflops out as well as woolly sweaters & boots. My patrol car is stuffed with extra sweater & rainproof company logo jacket just in case but the past couple of nights have been excellent nights for stargazing.

Re: TWD... I am soooo not a zombie fan, I prefer psych thrillers & mystery w/o gore. More of the puzzle type person, I guess.

Reboot is hanging in there... seems slow but I am impatient these days. Anyhow, down about a lb since Tues AM so I guess that's pretty good. I need to hop on often to remind myself not to get out of hand with little 'additions' to the menu. Last night I bought Seaweed snacks instead of 2 big bags of SmartFood cheddar popcorn so that is a victory, even though I ate 4 packages (they are small - 2.7 grams each pkg and 15 cal, 0.5g fat & 1 carb). They satisfy my craving for salty crunchy savoury snackies. The popcorn was on for an awesome sale price which made it even more tempting.... BUT I EXERCISED MY RESISTANCE MUSCLES!!! Yaayyy!

Liana
Old 09-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies,

I am at the 5 week mark of this reboot. I was hoping 1 more week would do the trick but everything seems to be stacked against me. I got my period on Friday and now I have a bad head cold so you know how that kind of stuff affects the scale. I was down 1 lb but the body fat took another reasonable dive so I'll take it. All my clothes are fitting again but I'm still feeling a little jiggly all over. It would be great to get the body fat % down some more but then I'm facing having to buy a whole new wardrobe. I refuse to keep anything too big anymore.

I hope all the other reboots are going well. Good luck on your start this Tuesday Laura.

I am a Walking Dead fan too. The first season was painful to watch and we barely got through it but it has gotten better. I don't mind the gore too much but I really enjoy post-apocolyptic stories whether they're on the screen or in a book.

Happy Sunday

S.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #13  

Hi all,

Jenny, Happy Thin-Anniversary! Hope you savor your success. Yes, grade 7 social studies.

Steph, it never comes off on schedule,lol! You are doing great. I need you for my inspiration! I am sure that I am up 20 pounds. Can't cry about it, it is just time to fix it.

Liana, glad that you used the will power muscle. I can relate to the bedroom chaos! I tore apart my room last night looking for a ruffled black dress- did not find it but my room is destroyed :P
Old 09-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #14  

Happy Monday ladies,

Amber - give TWD a tri - the bonus is you won't be hungry watching it

Slip - thanks. It has been quite a year

Liana - good job using those resistance muscles. I need to flex mine this week

Steph. - great job sticking to reboot. Hang in there,

I need to get 4 more off, need to stick to my plan. I love and hate the weekends. Work structures my eating so much.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #15  

Steph - As usual I am having the exact same experience as you are. TOM started today and for the four days prior I was not only not losing but up a pound, which when you're doing VLC is particularly demoralizing.
But this morning back down, and just holding out the week until water retention eases. I can see in the mirror that my body is reducing, so I know there is an effect even though I don't see it on the scale.

Slip hope things are going well.

Jenny I am going to take the jump and try TWD - I like what Steph also mentioned about post apocalyptic, as I usually like those scenarios, so I'll see if I can get past the zombieness of it all

Liana I'm still every day adding something, but it's trackable and usually about 200 calories and usually a Quest bar spread out through the day, so it's not doing me in yet. I'm still in the VLCal range. I think my body just needs that. I did have a night a few nights ago where I was starving so I took your suggestion to eat veggies and had some late night lettuce. It did the trick.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 09-14-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread