Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Okay, I purchased Janeva's Ideal Recipes and I am happy that I did. Not cheap, but good ideas for Phase 1 dinners. I became so sick of my (go to) meals that now I can not even stand the thought of them!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks Slip and Steph! He thinks the commute will be an hour and going against traffic. Quicker than a drive to Toronto with traffic.

Steph, sounds like you are doing great at your clinic. Great advice with setting shorter term goals. Often they ate more manageable.

Slip - I feel like I go from one addiction to another sometimes and I'm always working to fight it. Scary to think what would happen if I didn't fight it. Our inner brats are strong but we can kick their butts. Sugar makes me sleepy. I like your list of things to consistent with - it is those key basic things that make all the difference.

I'm struggling with strict P1 - I really like my Greek yog and fruit with granola in the morning. I'm doing p1 lunch dinner and snack in hopes of that working. I made a pancake out of the IP oatmeal which was tasty - I ran out of crispy cereal. Got my food prepped for the rest of the day as well.

Have a great start to the week ladies
Old 09-28-2015, 03:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I will be back Thursday on P1 after gaining about 12lbs. I want to be real strict and be done with IP. I have been doing this for too long. Hang in there everyone!

The new mac and cheese restricted is coming soon I was told by my clinic. There is also new crispy vanilla bars that are unrestricted as well. I have not tried it yet.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #49  

I so need an unrestricted bar!! I live an on-the-go lifestyle and bars are easiest. I really like IPs strawberry/banana ready made drink, but it is expensive.

Luccilove, how did your med tests go? I like your determination!

Jenny, it took me a number of times to just suck it up and do Phase 1. I was just too wish washy about the rules when I mixed Phases. I agree about switching addictions, wish I chose something healthy for my addictions,lol.

I am extremely tired with this cold. Parent night tomorrow night, book club on Wed. Can not believe Sept. is almost over!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I agree I need an unrestricted bar too - wish they would make more.

Thanks for remembering. I am very allergic for environmental to molds (though that includes blue cheese and mushrooms) cat hair and horse hair.

For food I have mild reactions to yeast, egg whites, cheese with mold, milk-the whey and protein in it - I am not a fan of milk anyways, bananas and avocados. I don't take shots for these I just try to avoid them. Weird that it says I am not allergic to mushrooms but I mold wise I am. I eat those the most on P1
Old 09-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #51  

Oh! I love avocados!!! I prefer almond milk to cow milk. I too, eat tons of mushrooms. Do you have a cat?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Luccilove, is it cat hair or the saliva as the cats groom themselves? Seems I read somewhere that dog & horse is usually dander and cat is usually saliva residue causing allergies.... not that it would make much difference though.

I love mushrooms too. I think the difference is that molds produce airborne spores that cause the allergic reaction, while mushrooms are the 'fruit' of a fungus so no spores are involved when harvested. I think I'd die without avocados & bleu cheese, (not in the same meal though, lol.)

Congrats on hubby's new job, Jenny!!
Hope your cold gets better soon, Slip...

more was posted on maintainers...
Liana
Closed Thread