South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Beach Babble - June 17

Good morning! I was up well before dawn once again. I guess my body has decided to go on summer hours. I do have a lot of things on my mind and yesterday was a horrendously busy day.

Today the car and I are going for an oil change at 7:30. I love being the first customer at the garage - there's no waiting and the coffee is nice and fresh. I am going to take Jazz with me and we'll go for a wee walk to explore the big town of Athens - pop.1000! After that I'll go to the Office since it's my official day to supervise the staff. Once they're cranked up, I'll come home and get some things done around here. I may even get a chance to cut down some of that darned 10' high false bamboo - it's a jungle out there.

The strawberries are in at the Farm. I don't do pick-your-own but just pay the extra for pre-picked. They are so delicious, particularly compared to the imported ones - no refection on Florida but ... I am considering making some wee jars of strawberry jam to sell at the Mill on bread days. Hmmm - maybe there's a volunteer who'd like to do that.

Time to get organized for the trip to the metropolis of Athens. See y'all later.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning, Ruth, and I hope you enjoy your visit to Athens! Mmmmm...I offered to bring the kids strawberry picking, they didn't want to (good thing, we ran out of time anyway!).

Today is work, and my 2 superiors are in town to discuss budget, etc. Sounds fun, eh? I will have to beg with a big smile for what I want .

I have not packed my lunch (do I eat with them?) but have leftover beans and rice still. SHOOT - I didn't make my overnight oats (again). Cottage, I'd do the microwave thing, but I really like them cold!

Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:40 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, safe travels and thanks for getting us started!

Tammy, meetings don't sound fun....hope you get what you want!

Sophie asked about KeyWest. I have been there many times as my brother has resided there for many years. He and his partner were married in Canada many years ago and DP/H passed away right before Christmas. My bro is a bit older (15yrs) and has decided to sell their hotel (house already sold) and has purchased a condo in a gayretirement community near Santarosa, Calif. My brother has arranged for many family members to come so we will have a family reunion as well as the memorial. Kinda sad...don't think I'll go back for a long time. Good news is that my bro will be much closer to us now, which will be very nice.

OK,this is my early day at work and I had to get some stuff ready for mailing already. I guess I'd better get to the business of smoothies (after one more cup of coffee)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Coffee, anyone?

I'd better freeze the rest of my strawberries before they go bad. They're yummy but I bought way too many! I'll have to remember to add some to my smoothie this morning.

Ruth, it's nice to be the first customer so you can get in and out without waiting all day. You and Jazz enjoy your walk around Athens!

Tammy, good luck with your budget request today!

I think today will be a pool day since we're going to be in the 90s. Taco salad for supper is sounding good, too.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, ladies. Had a moment to check in today while I drink my smoothie. Today I have an exam to give but then I will really be on the downhill slide to wrap up the year.

Ruth, I've been to that big town of Athens. Seems to be the rink lobby could use a little renovation project. Have a good trip. (and good planning for getting the first appointment!)

Tammy, I can't say enjoy your meeting, but hopefully it is productive and you get what you want/need.

Debbie, thanks again for the green powder link. Hope you have a productive day.

Cottage, leftover grilled chicken is tonight's menu but I'm thinking tacos for tomorrow.

Okay, time to grab my coffee and go. Try not to babble too much today, chicks!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #6  

Good morning, Debbie! That is sad about your brother, but it's nice that he'll be living a lot closer to you. You reminded me that I have to make a stop before heading off to the farm this morning!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #7  

Beth!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chickadees

Debbie it is nice so many members of your family can attend the memorial. Despite the circumstances it will be nice for everyone to be together.

Ruth have fun today. I love strawberries. It would be great if the interns could help make jam.

Beth almost done Whoo hoo!!!

Tammy you eat your overnight oats cold? Do tell how you make them?

Linda is there a trick to freezing strawberries? I've never tried, maybe because I eat them all yum!!!

Yesterday was another expensive trying day. I really liked Joe's friend, Bob, who will be working on the truck. Cleanest garage I have ever seen!!! The truck needs several maintenance issues (leak, tire bearing, tires, AC fan stopped working, muffler) and new leaf springs. I know DS is not at fault for some of these things, but it would have been nice to know about some of the obvious ones. Basically with the bald tires and the broken leaf spring the truck is not safe to drive. We are down to one car, my car, for maybe a week. When I get it back I told DS he will not be taking it for a while. We had agreed he would pay me half of what I paid for it and take care of basic/routine maintenance. I bought the truck in August and have not seen a dime. He put 16000 miles on it and only changed the oil once (I took care of the other ones. Mind you there is really loud and big stereo equipment, fancy head lights and other electronic stuff. I regret buying the truck because my generosity has been taken advantage of yet again. Hopefully a few weeks of not driving might make DS wake up! lol

Enough venting, we went to Joe's folks for dinner. It was so good. His mom made pork chops with onions in an oil and sherry. Holy cow was it good. Joe brought spaghetti squash which I put mine over. After dinner I was going to take the train home and have DS pick me up. Mind you I had all my cycling stuff, toiletries and study stuff. Joe drove me home So nice we had extra time together and I didn't have to manage lugging all my crap.

Today I am off for a study session with my dear friend Ed. Later more riding followed by weeding. Oh boy do I need to weed......and get some groceries....I think someone breaks in an steals my food...oh yes that would be DS and friends lol

Have a great day
Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

lots going on as usual but camping this weekend I'll be back to catch-up tonight. Happy Tuesday
Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm going into work late morning to mid-afternoon. Then running by the tailor. I got an appointment to see my doctor late in the day to ask her about all this aching. It is really impacting my sleep, just walking around, and clearly is not just normal aging. I was scheduled to see her for my annual physical next week but didn't want to wait any longer since I suspect she'll just have to refer me on and that is more wait time to get an appointment.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread