South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #1  

Wink Another Newbie here!!

I'm dying to start this diet..
I've been on so many others..you name it..and failed.
Atkins was too strict for me...so I'm hoping this plan will be what I've been looking for.
Would love to lose about 50 lbs
Just got the book last night and happily reading thru it.

Have a question on Protein shakes...can they be used for Breakfast? If so, which kind? That would help me alot with in between and for breakfast...

Thanks,
Di
Old 07-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Didi, and welcome to The Beach. You will find the entire Low Carb Forum just full of good info and support.

I don't buy Frankenfoods but make my own shake with a cup of water, two egg whites or a whole egg, some splenda, 1/2 cup of LF cottage cheese and SF Jello or Crystal Lite for colour and flavour. I zap it well in the blender so I don't gag on the cottage cheese lumps. It makes a nice change from just eggs.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:31 PM   #3  

Hi DiDi
You will love this diet and you will love all the people here. They are great and always glad to help you out with info and encouragement. Good luck!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 02:03 PM   #4  

Thanks Ruth and BoBo....
I'm looking forward to some motivation and support from this board. I think it'll be fun..
I'm already addicted to it!!

Di
Old 07-17-2003, 02:58 PM   #5  

Welcome, Di, just remember - the diet doesn't work, you making permanent lifestyle changes does.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #6  

Hey QuilterInVA,
I'm new and I believe this is the first time I've ever seen a post from you and just wanted to say way to go-all the way from 356 to 158!!!! That's great. How much of it did you lose on SBD? You go girl!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #7  

Hi Ya'all, I'm new also. I couldn't wait to start! My DH is starting Sunday, he has to have his chocolate cake before he does. We started WW in May and he lost 30 pounds and I lost 17. This was in two months time, than I stalled! Got the SBD info in the mail and it sounded great. Bought the book and went on prevention site to learn more.

I have one big problem, I bought V8 juice and before I had any this morning I noticed it has 8 grams of sugar in it, but sugar is not listed in the ingrediance.

Can anyone help me before morning?

Barb
Old 07-17-2003, 11:39 PM   #8  
it's always something

Welcome everyone

Barb, the sugar would be naturally occuring in some of the vegetables, such as carrots and tomatoes. I loaned my book out, or I'd check to see what they say about sugar in v-8. Maybe someone else will be able to answer that. I have been drinking it once or twice a day all along, though.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:05 AM   #9  

Welcome Barb and Di...you will love it here!!

Meg
Old 07-18-2003, 12:28 AM   #10  

Thank you for your info Suzanne, I was craving that juice all day!!

I'm glad to be here Meg!

My detoxing is happening already, I have lite headaches and loving it knowing this is already working. Clean out all the junk.

Barb
Old 07-18-2003, 06:59 AM   #11  

Default I'm new too!

Seems to be a lot of us newbies on here! I just found this site a couple of days ago, and am so glad I did. I have been doing Atkins for several months, but I am still 20 lbs overweight, have not lost an ounce in months, and I am tired of being afraid to leave induction for fear of gaining the weight back. After a lot of research I decided on SBD. I could not find the book and finally ordered it from Amazon, so I will probably be starting this weekend.
Nice to meet everyone. This is a great board!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

A great big welcome to Di, Val, Barb and Susan!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #13  

Hi. add me to the list starting this today 7/18 i did start it before on the 4th of july. well a bad time to start a new plan. so here goes again. i will do it. everyone will. together we can make it fun and loss to. so lets do it together. LaDean
Old 07-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #14  

Default Tomato Juice

Good morning Beach Chicks! I had my tomato juice this morning and now I feel on track! Had a headache all night and this morning, but after breakfast I feel great! Thankx again about the info on tomatoes, I assume the can tomatoes is the same thing about the sugar being natural. I'm going to make gazposho soup this afternoon and am going to use canned tomatoes that don't add sugar.

I can't believe it but I've last one inch around my waist and also hips! This is my second day and all is great.

I'm off to cut my hair, be back soon!

Barb
Old 07-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #15  
Imagine...

I am soon to be new also, getting the book today. Name is Diane and I am also called Dee Dee. Nice to meet you.
Closed Thread