Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/29 - Sun 3/30/2014

lisa32989
03-29-2014, 02:32 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Deana509
03-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Happy weekend everyone!
The first night this week that I don't have insomnia, and I groggily awake and cleaning because I have guests in the morning.....
I have to be awake and functioning in 4 hours to judge little kids science projects. Yay....

islandgirlwannabe
03-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Happy Weekend Wohoooo!

Last night was the first night since I started (its been a week Thursday) that my stomach was growling :( I am eating all 4 IPs and my 8 oz of meat and 4 cups of veggies... Drinking all my water.... It shocked me cause I was feeling full all week. I did start my monthly.....but what da heck? I didn't cave but it damn near killed me! I am 5'4 and 288lbs ....ugh Hoping it doesn't happen again. Anyone else notice that happens when they are on their monthly?

Ruth Ann
03-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Deanna - wow you're doing great! Have fun at the science fair - I love those things, the kids are so inventive!

islandgirlwannabe - happens to most women around their TOM. Hang in there! Try some extra water, extra lettuce and hot decaf tea. It happened to me randomly the whole time I was losing and sometimes you just have to push through or go to bed early.

drd1961
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.

Ruth Ann
03-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

Funny how just following the plan works so well isn't it? ;)

How'd the show go?

kcdoe
03-29-2014, 09:53 AM

I'm at the end of P2 week start P3 Monday. Going to see how maintenance works. I still have 10 to 20 to loose but I'm happy for now want to get to maintenance to see if this is real and forever.
Congrats on your loss and success!!!! Hoping I can report the same soon.

AmberLS
03-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Oh my scale friend you are a funny thing. Consistently lost 0.2lbs each day then WHAM down 2lbs, it is funny how the body works. Although I have a good understanding of the diet I will never understand how right before bed I'm at my highest weight of the day (usually about 3lbs higher than my morning weight that day) then bam the next day I lose that 3lbs and 2 more while I sleep! LOL I like losing weight while I sleep! BUAHAHAHA:cheer2::cheer3::cheer:

drd1961
03-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Funny how just following the plan works so well isn't it? ;)

How'd the show go?

It is going well. We have two more shows and then strike. Then rest.

dcs0826
03-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Good Morning! Today is the start of day 3 for me..hoping the hunger goes away soon. I find that I am fine during the first half of the day, but between 3-whenever I eat dinner I am ravenous. I do have a bar at 4:00 which helps a little bit. Yesterday I had a few cups of lettuce in the late afternoon and that helped some, too. I have a minor headache that kind of lingers throughout the day, but it's not too bad.

AmberLS
03-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Hope you guys don't mind hearing from me a lot this weekend. Gonna be a toughy lol. Between TOM, the father of my children being a jerk which resulted in me not letting him take the kids for the weekend, my boyfriend of 9 months leaving today for a different state, and my kids being so upset both because of their dad and because they loved my boyfriend I feel a challenging weekend coming on. On the bright side my oldest has another soccer game today and that always cheers me up, I love watching her play!

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Happy weekend, everyone!

It has been a rough week, both in terms of life in general and staying OP. I have started seeing a physical therapist for treatment of a pinched nerve. Between the meds my doc gave me and my first PT session, I am feeling some relief, but apparently my stress level is too high, and I am not letting my muscles relax. Hoping that spring break in two weeks will allow me to relax completely. I just cannot wait till this school year is over!

Good Morning! Today is the start of day 3 for me..hoping the hunger goes away soon. I find that I am fine during the first half of the day, but between 3-whenever I eat dinner I am ravenous. I do have a bar at 4:00 which helps a little bit. Yesterday I had a few cups of lettuce in the late afternoon and that helped some, too. I have a minor headache that kind of lingers throughout the day, but it's not too bad.

I have experienced this a few times, and sometimes I do have my snack before dinner to curb it. Usually, we just eat dinner earlier. However, I have also found that it passes even if I do not eat. Strange. With regards to the headache, are you getting enough salt? Some members of the board recommend licking some right off your hand.

Happy weekend everyone!
The first night this week that I don't have insomnia, and I groggily awake and cleaning because I have guests in the morning.....
I have to be awake and functioning in 4 hours to judge little kids science projects. Yay....

Sorry you are having sleep issues. I sure hope you get some rest tonight. You have had such great success- be sure to take care of yourself! Enjoy the science fair! It is so nice of you to serve as a judge and encourage those young ones.

Congrats! Sorry about the tough week. Kudos to getting through it successfully and moving on to P4. I sure hope your pain subsides soon, too. Best of luck on maintaining!

Oh my scale friend you are a funny thing. Consistently lost 0.2lbs each day then WHAM down 2lbs, it is funny how the body works. Although I have a good understanding of the diet I will never understand how right before bed I'm at my highest weight of the day (usually about 3lbs higher than my morning weight that day) then bam the next day I lose that 3lbs and 2 more while I sleep! LOL I like losing weight while I sleep! BUAHAHAHA:cheer2::cheer3::cheer:

:carrot::carrot: Hooray for overnight fat-melting!

Have a super weekend, all!

~Renee

islandgirlwannabe
03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Deanna - wow you're doing great! Have fun at the science fair - I love those things, the kids are so inventive!

islandgirlwannabe - happens to most women around their TOM. Hang in there! Try some extra water, extra lettuce and hot decaf tea. It happened to me randomly the whole time I was losing and sometimes you just have to push through or go to bed early.

Great advice Thank you Ruth Ann how much water do you take in per day? Ive been aiming for 3 liters

dcs0826
03-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Happy weekend, everyone!

It has been a rough week, both in terms of life in general and staying OP. I have started seeing a physical therapist for treatment of a pinched nerve. Between the meds my doc gave me and my first PT session, I am feeling some relief, but apparently my stress level is too high, and I am not letting my muscles relax. Hoping that spring break in two weeks will allow me to relax completely. I just cannot wait till this school year is over!

I have experienced this a few times, and sometimes I do have my snack before dinner to curb it. Usually, we just eat dinner earlier. However, I have also found that it passes even if I do not eat. Strange. With regards to the headache, are you getting enough salt? Some members of the board recommend licking some right off your hand.

Sorry you are having sleep issues. I sure hope you get some rest tonight. You have had such great success- be sure to take care of yourself! Enjoy the science fair! It is so nice of you to serve as a judge and encourage those young ones.

Congrats! Sorry about the tough week. Kudos to getting through it successfully and moving on to P4. I sure hope your pain subsides soon, too. Best of luck on maintaining!

:carrot::carrot: Hooray for overnight fat-melting!

Have a super weekend, all!

~Renee

Yes, getting in all of my salt. I have thought about drinking some salt water, though.

Ruth Ann
03-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Great advice Thank you Ruth Ann how much water do you take in per day? Ive been aiming for 3 liters

I aim for 100 oz a day which is close to 3 liters. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I've also noticed my allergies aren't as bad this year with all the water I'm drinking. An added a benefit!

lisa32989
03-29-2014, 11:37 AM

That is the whoosh we all talk about and it really is how fat loss works. Talking about weight loss, we really are looking for fat loss. The fat goes away little by little but the water associated with it often comes off in a big whoosh.

Bullet #2 in this article explains the chemistry of fat loss
http://www.chuckrowtaichi.com/WeightInterpretation.html

For ALL of us, it is important to know that weight loss (scale) happens in fits and starts even when we are steadily losing fat.

Jillybee123
03-29-2014, 11:40 AM

Dcs0826, it's day 4 for me! Glad to find someone on the same part of the journey. Obviously I don't have much advice except that my coach told me she was hungry with headaches and boiled some low sodium chicken broth and threw in a bunch of iceberg and had that when she felt awful. May be something to try, sounds like it could be filling and some added salt. Good luck! I'm not hungry but really can't stand a lot of the packets I have tried. Gonna try to stop by today and pick up more of the choc drink and wild berry drink as they are the only ones I have liked so far.

TwoTots
03-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Good afternoon everyone. Spent the morning digging the garden now I'm writing report cards. The weather is beautiful today. I'm down 3lbs and have met my first goal. Feeling good!

Hiker88
03-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Happy weekend everyone!

Hope you get caught up on your sleep Deana... lack of sleep can be a killer on weight loss! Get some rest!!

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 11:55 AM
I aim for 100 oz a day which is close to 3 liters. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I've also noticed my allergies aren't as bad this year with all the water I'm drinking. An added a benefit!

Wow, the decrease in allergy symptoms would be an awesome unexpected bonus! I sure hope I reap those benefits!

Good afternoon everyone. Spent the morning digging the garden now I'm writing report cards. The weather is beautiful today. I'm down 3lbs and have met my first goal. Feeling good!

Sounds like a lovely morning. Good luck on the report cards. What age do you teach? I remember writing them all out. We now do ours online, but the early childhood teachers still hand write them all. Congrats on your loss, and enjoy the weather!

TwoTots
03-29-2014, 12:01 PM
ReeNHag Hi there. Your weightloss is fab! I teach TK to first grade. What about yourself? I'm an art teacher in an american international school. I use an online program to write my report cards. I have lots to write but I don't have to write as much about each child as the classroom teacher. I'm on the couch watching some Law and Order shows while writing. I should get a move on and go back to work. Happy Saturday.

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 12:11 PM
ReeNHag Hi there. Your weightloss is fab! I teach TK to first grade. What about yourself? I'm an art teacher in an american international school. I use an online program to write my report cards. I have lots to write but I don't have to write as much about each child as the classroom teacher. I'm on the couch watching some Law and Order shows while writing. I should get a move on and go back to work. Happy Saturday.

Thanks! You are doing well, too!

I teach middle school, grades six through eight, at a private Catholic school. I teach mostly math and one section of Language Arts and science. Too funny! I watch reruns, too, when I enter in grades! Enjoy!

Renee

dcs0826
03-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Dcs0826, it's day 4 for me! Glad to find someone on the same part of the journey. Obviously I don't have much advice except that my coach told me she was hungry with headaches and boiled some low sodium chicken broth and threw in a bunch of iceberg and had that when she felt awful. May be something to try, sounds like it could be filling and some added salt. Good luck! I'm not hungry but really can't stand a lot of the packets I have tried. Gonna try to stop by today and pick up more of the choc drink and wild berry drink as they are the only ones I have liked so far.

Jillybee123- I've tried the cappuccino drink, the salt and vinegar soy crisps, and the chocolate caramel bar, all of which I really like. I just had something very odd happen- all I've had today so far is my cappuccino drink and out of no where I just started vomiting? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hiker88
03-29-2014, 12:56 PM
I've been in a 'program' of sorts over the past year. A 'big wig' in an oil company has started a research project of sorts. A year ago I had approximately 75 different blood tests taken and then I went to see a nature path. The nature path looks at your results and puts you on a vitamin regime. They are really into Vitamin 'D' since I live in Northern BC, we really don't get much light in the winter!!

I'm now having all of my silver fillings replaced with the white fillings and four new Crowns... ugh! I hate the dentist!! But the program will pay for half of what my benefits will not cover so that's huge!

Just before my holidays I went in for my annual blood tests. I can't wait for the results as IP will play a big role in my results like my cholesterol (not that it was terrible) etc.. It will be very interesting to see the numbers and compare to last year. I'm particularly interested in the thyroid results as I'm always borderline. Unfortunately they didn't do the T3 and T4 test this year... too expensive.

lisa32989
03-29-2014, 01:05 PM
I've been in a 'program' of sorts over the past year. A 'big wig' in an oil company has started a research project of sorts. A year ago I had approximately 75 different blood tests taken and then I went to see a nature path. The nature path looks at your results and puts you on a vitamin regime. They are really into Vitamin 'D' since I live in Northern BC, we really don't get much light in the winter!!

I'm now having all of my silver fillings replaced with the white fillings and four new Crowns... ugh! I hate the dentist!! But the program will pay for half of what my benefits will not cover so that's huge!

Just before my holidays I went in for my annual blood tests. I can't wait for the results as IP will play a big role in my results like my cholesterol (not that it was terrible) etc.. It will be very interesting to see the numbers and compare to last year. I'm particularly interested in the thyroid results as I'm always borderline. Unfortunately they didn't do the T3 and T4 test this year... too expensive.
I hope you're going to a biological dentist that your naturopath recommended to have those fillings replaced. Regular dentists don't usually take precautions to protect your body from the mercury they are removing.

What a great benefit you have there!

kontesanera
03-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Jillybee123- I've tried the cappuccino drink, the salt and vinegar soy crisps, and the chocolate caramel bar, all of which I really like. I just had something very odd happen- all I've had today so far is my cappuccino drink and out of no where I just started vomiting? Has anyone else experienced this?

For the first few weeks on the program I got waves of nausea were I felt like I was about to vomit. Once I almost blacked out at work, had to hold on to a wall so I would not fall. I realized that it was because I would take all my supplements on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and then I would not have my breakfast until about 1 hour later. Ever since I take my supplements along with my breakfast bar, I have not had that feeling. I have never taken multivitamins consistently before for that same reason, not even when I was pregnant. I would actually get dizzy from them and really nauseous. Hope this helps.

Slipfree
03-29-2014, 01:06 PM
dcs- had you recently taken your supplements? I found that they would make me quite nauseated.

lisa32989
03-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Could be totally unrelated to IP. A "stomach thing" has been going around these parts.

dcs0826
03-29-2014, 01:12 PM
For the first few weeks on the program I got waves of nausea were I felt like I was about to vomit. Once I almost blacked out at work, had to hold on to a wall so I would not fall. I realized that it was because I would take all my supplements on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and then I would not have my breakfast until about 1 hour later. Ever since I take my supplements along with my breakfast bar, I have not had that feeling. I have never taken multivitamins consistently before for that same reason, not even when I was pregnant. I would actually get dizzy from them and really nauseous. Hope this helps.

dcs- had you recently taken your supplements? I found that they would make me quite nauseated.

I had recently taken my supplements and chugged 24 oz of water. I am thinking that may have done it. I feel fine now.

kontesanera
03-29-2014, 01:26 PM
dcs0826 - taking my supplements between the bites of my bar, does the trick. Even if I take it after eating, I get nauseous. I have never experienced that with taking supplements at night, probably because I have had more food in my stomach and dont take them with food.

kontesanera
03-29-2014, 01:28 PM
So last night my husband comes and says "it is time for you to go to bed. Kids have been begging me for pizza for 3 weeks and I have promised they can have it today. I know how you get around pizza and dont want you to be mad at me." So I went to hang out in my room with a herbal tea and a book. :)

Rubygirl
03-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Good Morning everyone! Been gone for a week or so cause I had company and we were very busy. Well I had mentioned my nervousness in trying to stay on program with my friend here (wanting me to eat with her) She did voice her disappointment that I was not "eating" cause she wanted to eat. I am so proud of myself......I stayed on program about 80% I did have some meat and cheese but followed my breakfasts and lunches and snacks. I did not lose any weight this week but I stayed the same and am back on the program this morning. NSV not giving in to peer pressure and being successful. YAY!! Have a great weekend everyone..

Slipfree
03-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Kontesanera, had to smile at your post. Glad that you stayed strong!

I had to serve ice cream sundaes to 22, 7th graders yesterday. I asked the para if she would scoop the ice cream, explained that ice cream is my weakness. I did the whip cream and sprinkles. I had the kids put on their own fudge. All in a days work to stay IP.

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 01:57 PM

I had to serve ice cream sundaes to 22, 7th graders yesterday. I asked the para if she would scoop the ice cream, explained that ice cream is my weakness. I did the whip cream and sprinkles. I had the kids put on their own fudge. All in a days work to stay IP.

So last night my husband comes and says "it is time for you to go to bed. Kids have been begging me for pizza for 3 weeks and I have promised they can have it today. I know how you get around pizza and dont want you to be mad at me." So I went to hang out in my room with a herbal tea and a book. :)

LOVING the support you are getting and the wisdom you show in asking for help! Way to go!

jendilly
03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Starting to pack for an 8 day trip to tour colleges in California with my daughter. I have all my IP food, but do any of you have recommendations for how to pack it? I'm going to check a suitcase (I think I need a bag, just for my food :) ) so that things don't get smooshed? I'm taking several of the crisps and don't want to end up in crumbs, plus it would be nice to have it organized. I'm thinking some sort of plastic box would be best. I'm taking a few RTD, bars, crisps, and then packets. Plus, I have packets of dressing and a few other necessities. I'm so determined to do this trip 100% OP. Finding my veggies will be the hardest part, I think. I'll be staying some of the nights in hotels and other nights with family members...moving every single day to somewhere else. It's going to be hectic.

sweetenuf
03-29-2014, 02:33 PM

Pizza has always been my weakness, my hubby took th kids to cici's so it wasn't in the house :)
Then he felt bad leaving me at home lol

ChipnDip
03-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I spent years avoiding mirrors. I don't think I realized I was doing it until recently. Burying doing my hair in the morning, I don't think I would really look again. Well, I happened to catch my reflection yesterday and I had to do a double take. A NSV for sure - CHEEKBONES!! Woohoo! :cp::cp:

Jillybee123
03-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Dc0826 oh sorry! Hope it's not the food, maybe a combo of things or the stomach flu. Hope you are feeling better.

Jillybee123
03-29-2014, 02:59 PM
So for a sweet I found this tea I love, absolutely love! It's Harney & Sons decaf hot cinnamon tea in the silk sachet! Somewhat pricey but oh so sweet and strong, 1 sachet makes a few cups. Needless to say, you must love cinnamon but if anyone's looking for something new def try it, I bought it on amazon.

Jenny38
03-29-2014, 03:00 PM
I spent years avoiding mirrors. I don't think I realized I was doing it until recently. Burying doing my hair in the morning, I don't think I would really look again. Well, I happened to catch my reflection yesterday and I had to do a double take. A NSV for sure - CHEEKBONES!! Woohoo! :cp::cp:

A great NSV for sure!

Good Morning everyone! Been gone for a week or so cause I had company and we were very busy. Well I had mentioned my nervousness in trying to stay on program with my friend here (wanting me to eat with her) She did voice her disappointment that I was not "eating" cause she wanted to eat. I am so proud of myself......I stayed on program about 80% I did have some meat and cheese but followed my breakfasts and lunches and snacks. I did not lose any weight this week but I stayed the same and am back on the program this morning. NSV not giving in to peer pressure and being successful. YAY!! Have a great weekend everyone..

Ruby girl- sound like you handled having company over well and way to go getting back OP right away. A huge NSV not giving into peer pressure, a skill that will make you succeed during maintenance p.

OMG I love pizza, I may have to use your strategy of a book and tea when my kids eat it.

It feels like warmer weather is never going to get here. Windy and chilly today.
I have the results of the weigh loss challenge at the gym in an hour, I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks not sure what the other participants did. I already feel so good and need to focus on my plan to keep losing.

drd1961
03-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Daughter left this morning and about halfway back to school now. Got a nice swim in and finally was able to replenish health groceries. Since we traveled last week and then this has been tech week there has been no time.

My pain will only go away when I get both hips replaced. Right now I just work on pain management, chiropractic, and a cortisone shot very soon. My motivation for the weight loss was directly related to getting weight off my hips. They say there is a 1 to 3 weight relationship. 50 pounds is taking off 150 pounds of pressure off my joints.

IPCali
03-29-2014, 03:04 PM

Great job staying on program, Slipfree.

Ice cream is my weakness and I bet for half the gals on here too. :devil:

catlady1981
03-29-2014, 03:49 PM
WI #5 - Down 3.2!!! I look in the mirror and I see the difference. My tight clothes are now a bit loose. I went shopping in my closet this morning, but still not going down a size yet. That's ok. It's the downward part that I'm really excited about.

LuvA1exa
03-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Starting to pack for an 8 day trip to tour colleges in California with my daughter. I have all my IP food, but do any of you have recommendations for how to pack it? I'm going to check a suitcase (I think I need a bag, just for my food ) so that things don't get smooshed? I'm taking several of the crisps and don't want to end up in crumbs, plus it would be nice to have it organized. I'm thinking some sort of plastic box would be best. I'm taking a few RTD, bars, crisps, and then packets. Plus, I have packets of dressing and a few other necessities. I'm so determined to do this trip 100% OP. Finding my veggies will be the hardest part, I think. I'll be staying some of the nights in hotels and other nights with family members...moving every single day to somewhere else. It's going to be hectic.

Jendilly -
Have you thought about shipping a box to your first stop? It might be about the same as the cost of a checked bag and you won't have to lug it into the airport? Then you won't have to worry about bringing an extra bag home.

Just a thought.

Good luck on the trip!

catlady1981
03-29-2014, 04:00 PM

I was reading a thing on Facebook today about a woman who did research into the top pizza places. Most of the top companies, Domino's, Papa John's, etc., would not release their ingredient list. But some that did, she found some pretty awful stuff in there. Incredible amounts of MSG, hidden sugars, very low quality meats. Not surprising that our reaction to pizza is to want more. Better off without it.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-youve-ever-eaten-pizza-before-this-will-blow-your-mind/

Jillybee123
03-29-2014, 04:42 PM
WI #5 - Down 3.2!!! I look in the mirror and I see the difference. My tight clothes are now a bit loose. I went shopping in my closet this morning, but still not going down a size yet. That's ok. It's the downward part that I'm really excited about.

Congrats catlady1981 :carrot::carrot::carrot:

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 05:09 PM

That is an awesome NSV!

Congrats!

I was reading a thing on Facebook today about a woman who did research into the top pizza places. Most of the top companies, Domino's, Papa John's, etc., would not release their ingredient list. But some that did, she found some pretty awful stuff in there. Incredible amounts of MSG, hidden sugars, very low quality meats. Not surprising that our reaction to pizza is to want more. Better off without it.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-youve-ever-eaten-pizza-before-this-will-blow-your-mind/

I will have to read this. I absolutely HATE chain pizza. If we ever get pizza, we go to a local shop. Yum!

Slipfree
03-29-2014, 05:18 PM
I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 05:18 PM

Great job!!!

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 05:19 PM
I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.

Slipfree---Yahooooo!!!!! That is awesome and so inspiring!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
OMG! What is with these cravings??? I've been doing great...no cravings, feeling good, and even energized a little. Now for the past 2 days, my cravings have kicked in and I am wiped out and kind of down. Not sure what's going on. I've been OP. Haven't had my TOM in 41 days. Not pregnant. I am usually very consistent at every 32 days.

Pauline

sweetharmony
03-29-2014, 05:26 PM
I am almost through my second week and this has been the toughest day so far. It's a gloomy overcast and cold day and I am having a hard time fighting the cravings! Especially now that's it's getting closer to dinner time and I'm getting hungry. I was feeling low. So DH is going to grill steak for dinner!! Some fresh green beans and salad should make a very nice saturday night meal!!

TurtleMom
03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
So for a sweet I found this tea I love, absolutely love! It's Harney & Sons decaf hot cinnamon tea in the silk sachet! Somewhat pricey but oh so sweet and strong, 1 sachet makes a few cups. Needless to say, you must love cinnamon but if anyone's looking for something new def try it, I bought it on amazon.

I love that one, and I didn't know they had it in decaf! Try Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice -it is herbal, but sweet & spicy as well :)

*sob* On no -not pizza! I was thinking about getting pizza for DH & DD tonight, may have to rethink that one :(

TurtleMom
03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
The Ninja Master Prep Pro has arrived -sooooooo much better at making smoothies than the old Oster! Have yet to try a lettuce smoothie, that is on tomorrow's agenda.

Hiker88
03-29-2014, 05:35 PM
My pain will only go away when I get both hips replaced. Right now I just work on pain management, chiropractic, and a cortisone shot very soon. My motivation for the weight loss was directly related to getting weight off my hips. They say there is a 1 to 3 weight relationship. 50 pounds is taking off 150 pounds of pressure off my joints.

I hear you! Most of my dad's side of the family have had a hip or knee replacement and at 43 I already have a hip that gives me pain on and off. Not wanting joint replacements too young has been a real motivator for me!

I'm sure losing the weight has made quite a difference for you! Interesting about the three to one ratio... that's a lot!

Hiker88
03-29-2014, 05:39 PM

Congrats Slipfree!! its truly amazing how far a person can go in a short amount of time on IP!! It makes me determined to phase off properly and follow the maintenance program... I was referring a friend of a friend to IP last night and sent her some of my before and 'now' pictures... wow... I sure don't want to see that 'before' when I look in the mirror EVER again!!!

MsGracie
03-29-2014, 05:46 PM

Congratulations - that is wonderful!!

Slipfree
Slipfree---Yahooooo!!!!! That is awesome and so inspiring!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Congrats Slipfree!! its truly amazing how far a person can go in a short amount of time on IP!! It makes me determined to phase off properly and follow the maintenance program... I was referring a friend of a friend to IP last night and sent her some of my before and 'now' pictures... wow... I sure don't want to see that 'before' when I look in the mirror EVER again!!!

Thank you both. I think it hit me because I really do not feel that different, but the size 10 made it very real. Hiker, I am completely with you about doing this right. I have extra motivation, because we have two family weddings in the next year. No way am I going to be the fat chick in the pictures!

sweetharmony

That's fabulous!!! What a great accomplishment for you!! :carrot:

wildirishrose
03-29-2014, 06:17 PM
I had an interesting Friday.....I was at the grocery store yesterday and I wasn't feeling well, but was trying to push through it. I was standing in the checkout line and started sweating and my head got dizzy and I just knew I was going to faint...and down I went. Embarrassing. I wasn't out for long, when I came around there was about 5 managers standing around me. They had a wheelchair and helped me in there. I had bought some water and they gave me that and ran to get me a protein bar. I was really shaky, and had only eaten about 1/2 my lunch. My husband came and took me to the ER and the only thing they determined was I had an ovarian cyst rupture, but they are unsure of why I fainted. Anyone else experience this?

Hiker88
03-29-2014, 07:23 PM
I had an interesting Friday.....I was at the grocery store yesterday and I wasn't feeling well, but was trying to push through it. I was standing in the checkout line and started sweating and my head got dizzy and I just knew I was going to faint...and down I went. Embarrassing. I wasn't out for long, when I came around there was about 5 managers standing around me. They had a wheelchair and helped me in there. I had bought some water and they gave me that and ran to get me a protein bar. I was really shaky, and had only eaten about 1/2 my lunch. My husband came and took me to the ER and the only thing they determined was I had an ovarian cyst rupture, but they are unsure of why I fainted. Anyone else experience this?

I get light headed on occasion but never fainted! Hope it doesn't happen again!!

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 07:32 PM

Amazing! Congratulations! You deserve every shred of happiness and joy in this moment. Remember this when you may get tempted to stray. You are so worth it! I am with you. I started at size 16 (and tight 16's at that) at the end of August. I am in loose tens and snug eights right now.

OMG! What is with these cravings??? I've been doing great...no cravings, feeling good, and even energized a little. Now for the past 2 days, my cravings have kicked in and I am wiped out and kind of down. Not sure what's going on. I've been OP. Haven't had my TOM in 41 days. Not pregnant. I am usually very consistent at every 32 days.

Pauline

Has there been any change in what you are eating, even on program products? I find when I have things that are more dessert-y, I get cravings that are hard to fight. Like, if I have a bar for breakfast rather than cereal, I get cravings for sweets later in the day. Just something to consider.

I am almost through my second week and this has been the toughest day so far. It's a gloomy overcast and cold day and I am having a hard time fighting the cravings! Especially now that's it's getting closer to dinner time and I'm getting hungry. I was feeling low. So DH is going to grill steak for dinner!! Some fresh green beans and salad should make a very nice saturday night meal!!

Wow, what a nice dinner! Enjoy! I am sure it will perk you right up! We bought green beans for dinner tomorrow, with hubby's famous baked chicken "stag party" style. He made stuffed peppers tonight with half gr beef and half gr turkey. Yum!

Wow. I do not have experience with this, but I sure hope you are doing better. Glad thee were people to take care of you!

Quick question: I have Splenda at the house, and I use it in my tea once a day. However, I was out last week and actually had tea with stevia in it. Is stevia better for us than Splenda? If so, I will buy some when the Splenda is gone.

Thanks!

Renee

AmberLS
03-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I need to get better at just letting things go. Things that don't really matter, things I can't change because you can't change other people. My ex husband has to be the biggest douchebag on the face of the earth, I know that, I've known for a long time, why do I let him drag me into drama? I'm usually so good at staying out of it but when I fall in I really fall in. I'd love to just tell him to eff off and stay away from the kids and I, I'm sick of being called a effing c word and being told that he hopes I die... I don't know how we stayed married so long.

AmberLS
03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
I guess the moral of my life is that when it rains it pours, either everything is wrong or nothing is wrong lol. Oh well, at least I'm getting healthier and my kids have me. Bring on the down pour I'll just get out my umbrella again and remember that this too shall pass. :rain::frypan:

catlady1981
03-29-2014, 07:40 PM

That's so awesome! Congrats!:congrat:

Hawaii69
03-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Quick question: I have Splenda at the house, and I use it in my tea once a day. However, I was out last week and actually had tea with stevia in it. Is stevia better for us than Splenda? If so, I will buy some when the Splenda is gone.

Thanks!

Renee[/QUOTE]

Stevia is from natural sources and Splenda is made from chemicals. So, stevia is the only sweetener I use for my coffee and yogurt etc, it is healthier.

Jillybee123
03-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Thank you Turtlemom, I will try the Tazo!
Congrats Slipfree!

ReenHag
03-29-2014, 07:51 PM
Stevia is from natural sources and Splenda is made from chemicals. So, stevia is the only sweetener I use for my coffee and yogurt etc, it is healthier.

Thanks!

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 08:56 PM

Wow! Moving to Phase 4 today. That is so awesome! I am so proud of you!!! I can't believe how many people are successful on IP. Good luck!

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 09:07 PM

I'm on day 26. The first 6 days for me was super hard! The cravings were severe! I felt like I was starving the entire time and had no idea how I was going to have so few meals per day. Then suddenly on day 7...I wasn't hungry. It was so nice. Then like day 9 or 10 I felt very emotional, irritated (like really bad PMS, but stillhaven't started my TOM).

Starting on day 24 (evening) my cravings kicked in...total bummer. Another IPer thought maybe it could have been a different IP product I ate. And I did for lunch...the Peanut Butter Bar.

So, just stay strictly OP. I really believe if you give in to snacking, a little cheat here or there...I mean even just a bite...will throw the fat burning off. And this cheat will extend the cravings.

Slipfree
03-29-2014, 09:24 PM
WildIrishRose, I hope that you are feeling better soon! In the beginning of IP, I definitely felt like passing out a number of times. I had a history of fainting, so when I felt it coming on, I quickly sat down and put my head down low. Are you on any medications? I was on a BP med and my bp was too low.

Hulachic, I still have the hungries on and off. The crispy rice bar restricted left me starving later on. I usually turn to tea and water to stay OP, or I do my cravings check- if I am really hungry I would be willing to eat a bowl full of lettuce, if not- it is just a craving.

Thank you all for your support!

HulaChic
03-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Pizza has always been my weakness, my hubby took th kids to cici's so it wasn't in the house :)
Then he felt bad leaving me at home lol

I know what that's like! My husband always feel bad having a certain food in the house. I'm usually ok, but it can be hard.

By the way, Sweetenuf---I meant to comment the other day regarding planning of you cruise. We're going on a cruise this summer, too. Have you ever been on a cruise before? My husband an I have been planning on how I can be as successful with IP (which I believe is totally doable) onboard.

I am planning on bringing/doing:
-- my packets like usual...breakfast and lunch (obviously something that doesn't need to be cooked)

--there is always a buffet at lunch with a huge salad bar. I'm going to bring my WF dressing in packets on board for both lunch and dinner just in case I need it.

--For dinner, refuse the bread...don't even let them put it on the table. There is the varying menu for each night of the cruise, but there is always a standing menu that doesn't change (it's like this on - we've sailed on NCL, RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and Holland America). The standing menu is usually steak with veggies, salmon, etc...so if there isn't something on the varying dinner menu, you have options.

--After dinner...but still in the dining room...ask for hot tea or hot water and bring a tasty tea with you.

--Dessert---IP "snack" I am planning on having this not at the dining room, but maybe later in the cabin. But who knows.

Just wanted to let you know of what I've been thinking.

Good luck!
Pauline

berteau
03-29-2014, 10:00 PM
I have one tip that helps when I am STARVING:
Lettuce Wraps with a little cucumber, turkey and a teeny bit of mustard.

This is a lifesaver when I'm at work can run over to Jimmy John's and get an "unwhich". I've started keeping the makings on hand over the weekend if I am in a pinch. You just subtract the protein and cucumber slice from the total veg. cound for the day.

It isn't a taco or burrito, but the crunch is nice!

dcs0826
03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
NSV tonight...went to a family get together. Everyone was eating pizza and there were tons of desserts (including my favorite, coconut cake). I was so tempted but kept 100% OP and did not have one bite of anything except my salad, 2 cups of veggies, and chicken a la king.

MarylandMom
03-30-2014, 12:13 AM
NSV tonight...went to a family get together. Everyone was eating pizza and there were tons of desserts (including my favorite, coconut cake). I was so tempted but kept 100% OP and did not have one bite of anything except my salad, 2 cups of veggies, and chicken a la king.

That is fantastic and you should be super proud of yourself! Isn't it amazing how good you feel when you take the power and control away from the food??

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 12:27 AM
Okay not sure who on here recommended the Tazo sweet cinnamon tea, OMG it's amazing!! I was just strolling through the tea section, I've been trying new teas, but I always go back to mint tea, well I saw that remember the post and all I can say is I think I have a new favorite!

Fearciuil
03-30-2014, 01:07 AM
:cheer2: :bravo: :cheer3:

As for me, the home scale put me at 250.4 this afternoon (down something like 1.5lbs since yesterday). Of course, this scale is wildly inaccurate--it put the Resident Felines' weights at 6lbs and 2.8lbs, which isn't even remotely reasonable--but it does show that I'm moving in the right direction, and closing in on 250. Woot!

TwoTots
03-30-2014, 04:07 AM
Fearciuil good morning. Is your user name an Irish language word? I'm curious. I'm Irish. you are doing very well with IP.

TurtleMom
03-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Okay not sure who on here recommended the Tazo sweet cinnamon tea, OMG it's amazing!! I was just strolling through the tea section, I've been trying new teas, but I always go back to mint tea, well I saw that remember the post and all I can say is I think I have a new favorite!

It's my favorite after-dinner drink, coz that's when I want something sweet! I went thru an entire box my 1st week OP -it kept my taste buds distracted while I adjusted to the drop off in calories :p

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 10:51 AM
It's my favorite after-dinner drink, coz that's when I want something sweet! I went thru an entire box my 1st week OP -it kept my taste buds distracted while I adjusted to the drop off in calories :p

I'm afraid that it's too good to be on this diet! LOL I had two cups before bed last night, I think I'm going to have another this morning... way too good!:dizzy:

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 11:22 AM
That is fantastic and you should be super proud of yourself! Isn't it amazing how good you feel when you take the power and control away from the food??

It is!

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 11:22 AM

As for me, the home scale put me at 250.4 this afternoon (down something like 1.5lbs since yesterday). Of course, this scale is wildly inaccurate--it put the Resident Felines' weights at 6lbs and 2.8lbs, which isn't even remotely reasonable--but it does show that I'm moving in the right direction, and closing in on 250. Woot!

Way to go! :carrot:

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Morning all- question. Is the dark chocolate pudding a restricted item? I did not buy these from my coach, but my mom gave me a few packets and I can't recall whether or not they are restricted. Thanks and Happy Sunday :)

stephascope
03-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Morning all- question. Is the dark chocolate pudding a restricted item? I did not buy these from my coach, but my mom gave me a few packets and I can't recall whether or not they are restricted. Thanks and Happy Sunday :)

All the puddings are non-restricted.

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 11:36 AM
All the puddings are non-restricted.

Thank you!

gnalosit
03-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Headed to an event called "Cookies and Corks", yep wine and cookies. A friend purchased tickets as a surprise so I feel obligated to go. The good news is that I'm coming down with a cold so cookies and wine seem even more unappealing. Two hours of drinking water and watching people eat cookies and drink wine, should be a fun Sunday afternoon. :?:

sunflwr816
03-30-2014, 11:48 AM
We had a great time at the wedding last night and aside from the caesar dressing that was already drizzled over the salad (picked off croutons and cheese), I managed to stay 100% OP! No champagne, alcohol, bread, twice baked potato (swoon), cake or chocolate covered strawberries for me. It was the first time I've had non IP food presented to me or had to explain why I wasn't eating carbs/dessert. No one really noticed I wasn't drinking alcohol at all (kept getting soda water with a lime in it....looked exactly like a G&T or vodka tonic). I'm happy I stayed OP, especially today when I woke up at the same weight and didn't feel bloated or disappointed in myself.

kontesanera
03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm afraid that it's too good to be on this diet! LOL I had two cups before bed last night, I think I'm going to have another this morning... way too good!:dizzy:

I discovered Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon tea few weeks ago. I was double checking and googling nutritional information as I was convinced that it had sugar in it. It definitely satisfies a sweet craving. Every evening I drink 2-3 large mugs of various caffeine-free herbal teas. Celestial Seasoning and Stash teas are my favorites.

kontesanera
03-30-2014, 12:03 PM
We had a great time at the wedding last night and aside from the caesar dressing that was already drizzled over the salad (picked off croutons and cheese), I managed to stay 100% OP! No champagne, alcohol, bread, twice baked potato (swoon), cake or chocolate covered strawberries for me. It was the first time I've had non IP food presented to me or had to explain why I wasn't eating carbs/dessert. No one really noticed I wasn't drinking alcohol at all (kept getting soda water with a lime in it....looked exactly like a G&T or vodka tonic). I'm happy I stayed OP, especially today when I woke up at the same weight and didn't feel bloated or disappointed in myself.

Great job! It is so great to see the same number the morning after a party. I used to retain water for days after attending parties, with all the alcohol and high sodium foods that I would consume.

I had an impromptu engagement party last night that we were invited to, followed by a visit at our neighbors at a late hour. I had a handful of nuts (i do allow such slight digressions on Saturday night to keep sane when surrounded by mounds of tempting foods) I stayed OP. I had dinner prior to leaving, and had only water and herbal tea. My neighbor (and best friend), was not impressed when I asked for a tea, but did not comment. She knows that I am on IP and has not asked me a single question about it since I told her. I am noticeably slimmer since I saw her last almost a month ago, and not even a word.

irishone127
03-30-2014, 12:46 PM

Me too ! I had a family wedding last night as well. I am happy to report that after being in class 2 days with Breakfast and lunch included and a Family evening wedding Saturday evening with open bar I stayed 100% on plan. I started on Tuesday am at 231.4 pounds and today I checked and I am 223.2 and it's not even a week yet since I started IP!! If anything I learned discipline and planning. I had a packet in my purse and a water bottle with 5 0z of water in it. I was prepared plus I ate breakfast at home and packed my lunch. My husband is backing me 100% and at the wedding he made sure I had a fancy bar glass in my hand with water and a lemon so no one would know I was not drinking any alcohol and when the dinner came, It was steamed vegetables, a wedge salad, filet migeon and so sauce, I just left the mashed potatoes and carrots on my plate and placed my bread plate under my husbands so I was not even served a roll. When they passed out the cake, my husband ate the tuxedo decorated strawberry off both our plates and neither of us touched our cake. We did dance, dance, dance at any song a 50 plus year old could dance too. I am not sure how to dance to this new stuff!!:carrot:

Slipfree
03-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Kontesanera, my best friend since age 16 is also my SIL. I have noticed a change in our relationship too. She has always been thin and does yoga, so I know that she wants me to be healthier. But... I do not see her very much now, because we used to go to dinner or meet for wine. I still go out to dinner, but I guess it is not the same for her. She also does not comment about how I look, maybe because she does not want me to feel bad about before? I try not to focus on it. I also make a point of not bringing up the plan unless someone asks. Thank goodness, for this thread though because The IP journey is very much on my mind.

NOLA Carol
03-30-2014, 01:21 PM
I am going on my 3rd week and am feeling great! Went to the IP Clinic on 3/6/14 (actually starting the IP on that Monday 3/10/14) and found what I had already known that I needed to get doing something about it so I did not feel bad that day but good that I walked in the door and started a process! 198 that day. My second week was a 6.6 loss and the third was only .4 loss but it is going better than I thought. Have not strayed from staying OP. Here in New Orleans it is one party after another from Christmas through Mardi Gras. I will have visitors in for Jazz Fest and hope that I can just eat the protein out there at the Fairgrounds and not have a complete wipe out. I will be 6 weeks on IP when the Fest starts so wish me luck. I'll post after that to let you all know how it went. I really love reading all the advices and how people on the IP a lot longer have done! Let's keep this up!

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 01:22 PM
I discovered Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon tea few weeks ago. I was double checking and googling nutritional information as I was convinced that it had sugar in it. It definitely satisfies a sweet craving. Every evening I drink 2-3 large mugs of various caffeine-free herbal teas. Celestial Seasoning and Stash teas are my favorites.

I know it's nerve wrecking to think about it. I knew my mint tea was fine, but wow! Turtle mom was right this is sweet and yummy! I'm gonna go through the whole box this weekend.

Mulse
03-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know how Mio affects ketosis? I'm having one of those days where water just doesn't want to go down, but I'm okay with adding Mio for flavour. Will drinking my water this way affect ketosis?

kontesanera
03-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Kontesanera, my best friend since age 16 is also my SIL. I have noticed a change in our relationship too. She has always been thin and does yoga, so I know that she wants me to be healthier. But... I do not see her very much now, because we used to go to dinner or meet for wine. I still go out to dinner, but I guess it is not the same for her. She also does not comment about how I look, maybe because she does not want me to feel bad about before? I try not to focus on it. I also make a point of not bringing up the plan unless someone asks. Thank goodness, for this thread though because The IP journey is very much on my mind.

Slipfree, you lost 60 lbs and I am sure that it is very hard not to notice! You must look and feel fantastic. I do find it amazing how people that I am not particularly close to are approaching me and giving me compliments on the way I look. Sometimes they do not realize immediately that it is the weight loss and resulting confidence (i have to admit that my skin has been pretty great too!). I do find it slightly unnerving that those that I consider the closest friends have been mum about it. I think that as women we are always in a little bit of competition with each other when it comes to weight. Wish it was not true, but I know that is the way it is. So when my friend, who is struggling with losing her weight, that was always mine wine and party buddy does not ask me a single thing about it, I interpret is as a tiny bit of jealousy. Not that I consider her less of a friend because of it because I wonder how I would feel if it was reversed. Just being honest with my self. Also, our relationship is being redefined because for the time being, I am no longer willing or wanting to share a bag of tostitos and a bottle or two of fine.

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know how Mio affects ketosis? I'm having one of those days where water just doesn't want to go down, but I'm okay with adding Mio for flavour. Will drinking my water this way affect ketosis?

My coach says I can have as much mio as I want

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Slipfree, you lost 60 lbs and I am sure that it is very hard not to notice! You must look and feel fantastic. I do find it amazing how people that I am not particularly close to are approaching me and giving me compliments on the way I look. Sometimes they do not realize immediately that it is the weight loss and resulting confidence (i have to admit that my skin has been pretty great too!). I do find it slightly unnerving that those that I consider the closest friends have been mum about it. I think that as women we are always in a little bit of competition with each other when it comes to weight. Wish it was not true, but I know that is the way it is. So when my friend, who is struggling with losing her weight, that was always mine wine and party buddy does not ask me a single thing about it, I interpret is as a tiny bit of jealousy. Not that I consider her less of a friend because of it because I wonder how I would feel if it was reversed. Just being honest with my self. Also, our relationship is being redefined because for the time being, I am no longer willing or wanting to share a bag of tostitos and a bottle or two of fine.

Ladies I too have experienced differences in the amount of interaction with my friends, and although my friends are supportive and regularly compliment when I do see them, I still see them less for the same reasons, going out to dinner and drinking isn't an activity choice anymore. Sitting outside and drinking margaritas doesn't work. However I have chosen to be a leader and convince my friends to do other things with me, so now we go to yoga and water aerobics, we might even actually see each other more now that I think about it, just the time is different and we are focused on healthy choices rather than drinking and gossip (all though we still talk just not at yoga lol)

serenity311
03-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.

65X65
03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Ladies I too have experienced differences in the amount of interaction with my friends, and although my friends are supportive and regularly compliment when I do see them, I still see them less for the same reasons, going out to dinner and drinking isn't an activity choice anymore. Sitting outside and drinking margaritas doesn't work. However I have chosen to be a leader and convince my friends to do other things with me, so now we go to yoga and water aerobics, we might even actually see each other more now that I think about it, just the time is different and we are focused on healthy choices rather than drinking and gossip (all though we still talk just not at yoga lol)

Hmmm..I have 2 friends ...same age range as myself..that am seeing a lot less of these days...one is thin...one struggles up and down with her weight. Although not overt...I've wondered for a while...and now accept my new healthy body may have something to do with that....

Ms. thin really liked NOT having a weight problem...and perhaps enjoyed her status as the thinnest littlest older woman in our shared social settings...Well...not the only one now. In fact my husband says I'm actually noticeably smaller since last summer...and he noticed and mentioned her shift in personality around me last year. And the other...well..as I said...she struggles ... I miss them both...but not enough to once again be the person who makes them happier with themselves. There are new friends now at my gym...and I look forward to seeing them and hearing what is going on with them...and there are a lot of old friends that are happy for me...and have gone out of their way to not make me feel I need to "share" my journey.

They accept I've made changes and they are looking at the road ahead...and it is a new day. I'll still be around if the other two decide they do want me in their circle...but the ball is in their court.

catlady1981
03-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.

Serenity: If you have a coach, call or text them now and talk. If not, visit these boards every day, several times a day. Go to the 100% forum, read the daily chat. Get your inspiration from the great people here who can give you advice and help you on your path. This is not easy. It's a choice. Bad choices about food got you here. You made a good choice by deciding to do IP. Stick with it. It works. I've only been doing this for 5 weeks and have lost almost 15 lbs. That feels wonderful. Just remember, that once you put something in your mouth that is off plan that you think will make you feel better, your guilt and remorse about what you have done will only make you feel worse. Also, stay off MFP while on Phase 1. The two plans are not in any way similar. Do what is on your protocol sheet, don't stray, and this will work.

:dust::dust:

Rubygirl
03-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable alternative to the IP Crispy Cereal?? I tried the pancakes made with this an WOW they were delicious. Need to find a less expensive one. thanks

Fearciuil
03-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Fearciuil good morning. Is your user name an Irish language word? I'm curious. I'm Irish. you are doing very well with IP.
You're close; it's Scots Gaelic for "minstrel" or "bard" (and actually hyphenated: fear-ciuil.) ;) Thanks!

SylviesGirl
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM

OK, I've got some time, so here are some encouraging words . . .

Don't give in to the mood you are in. It is a mood, a passing moment. Stay on the wagon and ride it out. You will eventually catch back up to yourself and you will be so glad that you did. Pay no attention to what MFP is telling you. It is currently calibrated to a traditional weight loss/weight maintenance rubric. I do not use MFP, but I know others on here do and have found a way to restructure it so that it reflects the IP goals. I suggest you take time to do that so that you do not subject yourself to mixed messages about whether or not you are doing it "right."

I started IP approximately 13 months ago. I have lost 112.5 lbs so far. I can tell you in complete honesty that it is ALL worth it -- all the food "missed," all the hungry days, all the struggles with doubt, all the mood swings, all the thoughts of "how long it will take," ALL OF IT. I would do it all again. I would do it all for the rest of my life to feel the way I do now . . . and I've still got a good 10lbs more to goal. I currently wear that size 6 you spoke about. If I can do it, you can do it. And, know what? It is even better than you are imaging it. It is well worth scraping your kids' leftovers right into the garbage where they belong. When you are zipping up your new size 6s, you won't even remember that food that seems to be speaking to you right now, trust me.

IP, at least for me, is a snowball effect. You are in the most difficult time right now. The snowball is formed, it is beginning to roll, but it is just starting to get heavy. You are at the point, right now, where you need to bear down and give it another big heave. Push hard and push through and that snowball will get up some momentum and speed (as reflected by the number on the scale and on the tape measure), and you won't have to push as hard to keep it moving . . . it all starts kind of working together. So, for today, just set your mind to giving that big push forward again. Don't discuss any other options with yourself. Shut down that little voice that is arguing with you about needing 1200 calories. Just shut it down. That voice is not your friend. That voice is the unhealthy side of yourself trying to self-preserve. Don't listen. Bear down and push forward and wait until you see what that rolling snowball will have done for you by this summer.

Good luck! :carrot:

TurtleMom
03-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Hang in there! Like Catlady said, hit the boards for daily inspiration. We can't control how we feel (like resentment) but we CAN control how we react. So don't give in or give up! I would suggest start pampering yourself. Why wait until you get to your "goal" to start feeling really good? Look for the NSVs (non scale victories), and be proud of what you have accomplished so far. Dang it, this is HARD work sticking to plan, and you have already finished the 1st week! You can do it :cheer:

wantanewme
03-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Happy Weekend Wohoooo!

Last night was the first night since I started (its been a week Thursday) that my stomach was growling :( I am eating all 4 IPs and my 8 oz of meat and 4 cups of veggies... Drinking all my water.... It shocked me cause I was feeling full all week. I did start my monthly.....but what da heck? I didn't cave but it damn near killed me! I am 5'4 and 288lbs ....ugh Hoping it doesn't happen again. Anyone else notice that happens when they are on their monthly?

Yes! this is totally normal. your body can burn 100-300 extra calories per day during this time of the month. that explains the extra hunger.

Hiker88
03-30-2014, 05:03 PM

Sometimes I too would like to wake up with the last 20 or so pounds off... BUT my brain truly hasn't caught up to the amount of weight I've lost already... you are right... this new lifestyle is a marathon that will never end.. even when the weight is off we will have to work hard at maintenance.. its a conscious choice to be happy when we wake up and look in the mirror, not to mention the sense of accomplishment that we stuck to the plan and got to goal! Keep your chin up! This is the plan we chose for ourselves so we might as well see it through to the end!!

I personally know people who have done this plan and maintained well over a year so I know it can work if we follow it through!!

I've had way more easy days than hard ones since I started this (but yes, the hard days are HARD!) and it truly is worth it when I look in the mirror and see that semi attractive blonde woman who I am trying to get re-acquainted with...

Keep going!!! You can do it!!!

MarylandMom
03-30-2014, 06:16 PM

Don't give in to the mood you are in. It is a mood, a passing moment. Stay on the wagon and ride it out. You will eventually catch back up to yourself and you will be so glad that you did. Pay no attention to what MFP is telling you. It is currently calibrated to a traditional weight loss/weight maintenance rubric. I do not use MFP, but I know others on here do and have found a way to restructure it so that it reflects the IP goals. I suggest you take time to do that so that you do not subject yourself to mixed messages about whether or not you are doing it "right."

I started IP approximately 13 months ago. I have lost 112.5 lbs so far. I can tell you in complete honesty that it is ALL worth it -- all the food "missed," all the hungry days, all the struggles with doubt, all the mood swings, all the thoughts of "how long it will take," ALL OF IT. I would do it all again. I would do it all for the rest of my life to feel the way I do now . . . and I've still got a good 10lbs more to goal. I currently wear that size 6 you spoke about. If I can do it, you can do it. And, know what? It is even better than you are imaging it. It is well worth scraping your kids' leftovers right into the garbage where they belong. When you are zipping up your new size 6s, you won't even remember that food that seems to be speaking to you right now, trust me.

IP, at least for me, is a snowball effect. You are in the most difficult time right now. The snowball is formed, it is beginning to roll, but it is just starting to get heavy. You are at the point, right now, where you need to bear down and give it another big heave. Push hard and push through and that snowball will get up some momentum and speed (as reflected by the number on the scale and on the tape measure), and you won't have to push as hard to keep it moving . . . it all starts kind of working together. So, for today, just set your mind to giving that big push forward again. Don't discuss any other options with yourself. Shut down that little voice that is arguing with you about needing 1200 calories. Just shut it down. That voice is not your friend. That voice is the unhealthy side of yourself trying to self-preserve. Don't listen. Bear down and push forward and wait until you see what that rolling snowball will have done for you by this summer.

Love this advice and words of encouragement! I am on Day 7 and it has been a hard and hungry week! Not sure if I will ever get used to the constant hungry feeling and not sure if it will ever go away! Your story inspired me! I wanna zip up size 6's or 8's!!

SylviesGirl
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Love this advice and words of encouragement! I am on Day 7 and it has been a hard and hungry week! Not sure if I will ever get used to the constant hungry feeling and not sure if it will ever go away! Your story inspired me! I wanna zip up size 6's or 8's!!

You WILL absolutely do it. All you have to do is trust the plan. That was so hard for me in the beginning because other diets had failed me so many times. This will work as long as you stick with it. I'm telling you, this is the hardest part. Once you get over the first hump, or two, things start building on themselves and it gets easier. That is not to say that there aren't still hard days and hungry days, etc., but once you really KNOW and SEE that it works, you will have the strength to stick with it through the hard times. Right now, you're working blind, and you're uncomfortable, so it is really difficult. Once you get to see the inches melt off and the pounds reduce, your fortitude will strengthen. Just stick with it.

(Btw, I see you are a Maryland gal. Me, too! :high: ) Anyway, I'm glad something I said helped you. I remember so many people helping me last year at this time.

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Why why why? TOM is bad enough toying with my emotions, making me moody but when there are goings on it makes me a nightmare to be with (and I mean for myself) lol. I know it's hard to believe in just reading my posts on here that I used to be and usually am an optimistic happy person. I gotta get myself back together or stop having TOM, this diet has made me have my TOM every two weeks so I feel fine for a week and then moody lol. GRRRR

Jillybee123
03-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Serenity311 I'm on day 5 so don't have really any experience. I do love cinnamon and look forward to cinnamon tea everyday, my coach suggested chicken broth and iceberg when feeling hungry. It's motivation. Write down why you started. Make a motivation board....talk to all of us. You CAN do this were here for you.

Jillybee123
03-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Sylvite shirt, you made me cry and feel a burst of motivation, thanks for taking the time to encourage us all!:carrot:

Indygal
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
I was curious about exercise. Would a light exercise routine slow down weight loss? I walk my dogs every night but I'd like to start riding my bike also. Any thoughts?

dcs0826
03-30-2014, 09:12 PM

You WILL absolutely do it. All you have to do is trust the plan. That was so hard for me in the beginning because other diets had failed me so many times. This will work as long as you stick with it. I'm telling you, this is the hardest part. Once you get over the first hump, or two, things start building on themselves and it gets easier. That is not to say that there aren't still hard days and hungry days, etc., but once you really KNOW and SEE that it works, you will have the strength to stick with it through the hard times. Right now, you're working blind, and you're uncomfortable, so it is really difficult. Once you get to see the inches melt off and the pounds reduce, your fortitude will strengthen. Just stick with it.

(Btw, I see you are a Maryland gal. Me, too! :high: ) Anyway, I'm glad something I said helped you. I remember so many people helping me last year at this time.

SylviesGirL- Thank you for your motivation! It truly is inspiring and so very helpful

MarylandMom- I am on day 4 and completely empathize with the hunger pangs! We are right around the same starting weight and height.

To both of you- I am a Maryland girl too! :carrot:

ReenHag
03-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Wow! Lots of Marylanders on the boards! Way to go, ladies!

Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable alternative to the IP Crispy Cereal?? I tried the pancakes made with this an WOW they were delicious. Need to find a less expensive one. thanks

I bought the Maple Grove Farms sugar free pancake mix yesterday and made it this morning. Used liquid egg and no oil, added a little cinnamon to the mix and extra water to make thinner pancakes. They were fab! (Now, I have never had the crispy cereal pancakes, but these were yummy!) The bkx cost about four bucks for ten servings- way cheaper than anything IP!

Why why why? TOM is bad enough toying with my emotions, making me moody but when there are goings on it makes me a nightmare to be with (and I mean for myself) lol. I know it's hard to believe in just reading my posts on here that I used to be and usually am an optimistic happy person. I gotta get myself back together or stop having TOM, this diet has made me have my TOM every two weeks so I feel fine for a week and then moody lol. GRRRR

Oh, Amber, I had a number of months when I had two periods. I hated it! Ugh. And this is on the pill! Now, my TOM comes right in the middle of a pack of pills! Weird! Not much I can do about it, but wanted you to know you are not alone.

Renee

IPCali
03-30-2014, 09:28 PM

That was so inspiring and encouraging, Sylvies Girl!

Wow! I'm on day 13 and that means so much to me to read of your

outstanding personal achievement!

HulaChic
03-30-2014, 09:32 PM

This was one of the most encouraging things I've ever read. Thank you.

MsGracie
03-30-2014, 09:38 PM

Another one in line to say thank you!! :hug:

And your avatar is SO cute!

sarahBell
03-30-2014, 09:47 PM
I am so proud of me, I have stayed at abt 98% today which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!!

Tomorrow I am shooting for 99% and 100% by Tuesday ( I am taking this in small strides, because keeping 100% is so hard for me and I do not know why :( )

SO I am proud of me today!

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Wow! Lots of Marylanders on the boards! Way to go, ladies!

I bought the Maple Grove Farms sugar free pancake mix yesterday and made it this morning. Used liquid egg and no oil, added a little cinnamon to the mix and extra water to make thinner pancakes. They were fab! (Now, I have never had the crispy cereal pancakes, but these were yummy!) The bkx cost about four bucks for ten servings- way cheaper than anything IP!

Oh, Amber, I had a number of months when I had two periods. I hated it! Ugh. And this is on the pill! Now, my TOM comes right in the middle of a pack of pills! Weird! Not much I can do about it, but wanted you to know you are not alone.

Renee

Yeah I'm on the pill too, my TOM totally has a mind of it's own, seriously I've been on the plan for six weeks and this is my 3rd cycle, it's irritating, it would be less irritating if it didn't make me so irritable, come with ridiculous cramps, and if I didn't hemorrhage (all things I didn't have problems with pre IP) I understand why IP does that but it doesn't help to make it anymore pleasant! LOL

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 10:21 PM
On another note tomorrow is official way in day and marks 6 entire weeks at 100% OP, and as long as my weight doesn't go up I will have lost 24lbs or more... that's a 4lb per week average woot woot... :cool::cp:

Rubygirl
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM

Wow..........this message was so inspiring!! Thank you even though it was not meant for me I can relate to the struggles and feelings. Wow.

sweetenuf
03-30-2014, 11:10 PM
I know what that's like! My husband always feel bad having a certain food in the house. I'm usually ok, but it can be hard.

By the way, Sweetenuf---I meant to comment the other day regarding planning of you cruise. We're going on a cruise this summer, too. Have you ever been on a cruise before? My husband an I have been planning on how I can be as successful with IP (which I believe is totally doable) onboard.

I am planning on bringing/doing:
-- my packets like usual...breakfast and lunch (obviously something that doesn't need to be cooked)

--there is always a buffet at lunch with a huge salad bar. I'm going to bring my WF dressing in packets on board for both lunch and dinner just in case I need it.

--For dinner, refuse the bread...don't even let them put it on the table. There is the varying menu for each night of the cruise, but there is always a standing menu that doesn't change (it's like this on - we've sailed on NCL, RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and Holland America). The standing menu is usually steak with veggies, salmon, etc...so if there isn't something on the varying dinner menu, you have options.

--After dinner...but still in the dining room...ask for hot tea or hot water and bring a tasty tea with you.

--Dessert---IP "snack" I am planning on having this not at the dining room, but maybe later in the cabin. But who knows.

Just wanted to let you know of what I've been thinking.

Good luck!
Pauline

Hey, sorry I am just now getting around to reading the forum. Yes we did NCL 7 day cruise before. My husband and I were talking about the cruise and maybe just phasing off for that week. Of course its all talk. I do RTD twice a day and soup at lunch so I know that would not be very convenient on the ship. I really think I won't make the decision until I absolutely have to and that will depend most likely, where Im at in weight.
Thank you for giving me the suggestions and it does sound easy :)

When we took the NCL cruise my lapband was so tight I didn't get to eat anything barely so it wasn't enjoyable at all, anything this time will be better lol

MarylandMom
03-30-2014, 11:26 PM
On another note tomorrow is official way in day and marks 6 entire weeks at 100% OP, and as long as my weight doesn't go up I will have lost 24lbs or more... that's a 4lb per week average woot woot... :cool::cp:

*Jazz Hands!* LOL awesome job!! 4 lbs per week average is incredible! :carrot:

Fearciuil
03-30-2014, 11:30 PM

My coach told me that women average 2.5lbs per week, so 4 is awesome!

AmberLS
03-30-2014, 11:32 PM
*Jazz Hands!* LOL awesome job!! 4 lbs per week average is incredible! :carrot:

My coach told me that women average 2.5lbs per week, so 4 is awesome!

Thanks! I'm pretty proud so far, just hoping to keep it up through June, really want to reach that onederland before my trip the second week of June!!!!