Calorie Counters - Daily Check In: How many calories today?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SeeMyFeet
03-21-2014, 07:16 PM
What a productive and chatty group! Not even three months have gone by and the last thread is full!

Congrats on your losses NewKate and abbyin....so satisfying to see hard work paying off. Hope you can maintain the losses over the weekend...and spread some of that success around, will ya?

little over 1000cals (each day) for the past few days....still waiting to move my ticker....

pgray1229
03-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I eat strictly 1000 calories a day.. no more no less.. so I stayed within my range! :)

Larry H
03-21-2014, 11:24 PM
1,100 calories for me today

NewKate2014
03-22-2014, 03:21 AM
I was over my calories yesterday but I'm down 0.8 again this morning.. no idea where this whooosh has come from but that's me down almost 3lbs this week - totally bizarre!!!
I'm off to Stirling today for a 3 hour Ultimate Frisbee training today so I'll be burning all the calories today!

Happy Saturday all! xx

CalCounter1003
03-22-2014, 10:58 AM
That's great NewKate on 3 pounds. And ultimate frisbee!

BigChiefHoho
03-22-2014, 11:00 AM
1750 for me yesterday, little bit under goal.

Yay for a whoosh, NewKate! I'm in a bit of one too, but not as big as yours - down about two pounds in the last couple days.

NewKate2014
03-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys! Deffo feeling pleased with my week.
calcounter I've played Ultimate since I was 14 - I represented Great Britain in the under 20s women's division for 5 years! :-)
bigchief great job on the loss!!
easily amused welcome to the group! Congrats on your success so far!

Kx

BigChiefHoho
03-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Welcome, EasilyAmused! What's Mtnc Day?

1900 calories yesterday - right on track. Did a lot of exercise, too. Long walk with the family, and a spinning class first thing in the morning. That class was HARD, holy crap. My legs and thighs and calves are screaming bloody murder today. I'm up a pound, too, which I kind of expected after the new workout.

What're you guys eating lately? I'm looking for some new ideas. We made a pretty good African-style stew last night with chicken thighs, chickpeas, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and peanut butter. It tasted a LOT better than I was expecting with that ingredient combination.

SeeMyFeet
03-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Good question, BigChief! I'm looking for more food ideas meself. I've been eating salads, and salads, and more salads, apple/cheese snack, pistachio snack, strawberries...yesterday I had toast and eggs for breakfast....woohoo big splurge!

Hey BigKate, I work with several "ultimaters" who played in the college nationals here. Maybe I'll see you guys face off in the Olympics one day! (Wouldn't that be cool?!)

782cals yesterday. And I finally get to move my ticker! Woohoo.

Paisleymama
03-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Why are the days post weekend SO hard? I'm hungry today.
Had a big meal out on Saturday so sunday wasn't a free day.
Weighing in tomorrow...maybe. I'm not sure. The scale will probably go up due to sodium if I weigh tomorrow.

pgray1229 & Larry H Good Work
NewKate2014 Right on!
Easily Amused Welcome to the group
Seemyfeet - You're almost in onederland!!!
BigChiefHoho I eat the same thing 5 days a week. I should change it up but it's working and my food choices are quite limited so until it doesn't work I'm sticking with it.

Breakfast - 2 small pieces of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter and black coffee
Lunch - Protein Bar
Dinner - Slow cooked chicken breast & cauliflower mash
Snack - Dark chocolate

This puts me at about 1100 cals.
I often throw a green smoothie in as well.

abbyin
03-24-2014, 08:14 PM
I have to confess that I quit logging calories at lunch when I went to Subway to get a turkey sub and walked out with a meatball marinara, chips and a drink. BAD MONDAY!! Hope everyone is having a better Monday than I had. Good thing there's always tomorrow.

SeeMyFeet
03-24-2014, 08:51 PM
G'luck on the weigh-ins Paisleymama and abbyin!

926 cals for me on Sunday, and OnderLand on Mon! We both got there in March, Paisleymama! What will April bring? (hopefully, not more snow)

MarliQQ
03-24-2014, 11:22 PM
I have been "successfully" cal counting for months now, and it is the best thing that has happened to my weight loss :D. So I thought I would jump in here.
I just moved my target cal goal from 1750 to 1715, some recalculation there due to my recent weight loss. I am going to try and do it every 10lbs.
Today I ended at 1705, my cheat snack--chocolate chip cookies :drool:.

Paisleymama
03-24-2014, 11:59 PM
1050 cals yesterday.
Tired and uninspired but still holding myself accountable for food either way.
Weighed in this morning with no change, will try again on thursday as my clothes are a smidge looser this morning.

Great to see you here, MarliQQ!

Onwards and upwards, abbyin :)

Seemyfeet - I wonder if April will bring a 30lb loss so I can be done with the bulk of this? lol.

NewKate2014
03-25-2014, 01:12 PM
seemyfeet I'd love it for ultimate to make it into the Olympics one day!

I was up a pound yesterday after a meal out at bf's parents. Was mega stressed last night, had a big job interview today!!! It went really well and I'm off to the opera (never been before!) tonight with the bf.

Tried a tae Bo work out off youtube yesterday - quite fun!

Ticking along ok over all.. Turkey, roasted butternut squash and veggies for tea :-)

Is it only Tuesday?! Xx

MarliQQ
03-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Hiya Calgirls!!! :hug:

1688/1715

Sometimes I grab a few pringles to meet goal, but not today....and I really really like pringles :s:.
For my bread addiction: Cheesy garlic biscuits :love:

Hey Paisleymama!!! :hug:

Easily Amused I'm greedy :corn:, so 1715 is good for me right now, unless I stop losing weight. I sometimes feel that I still may be eating too little, not because I am hungry, but because my exercise regimen seems to require it here and there. I wish my body could talk, then we could have a conversation about what she needs, so I don't have to guess or make assumptions.

abbyin
03-26-2014, 06:18 PM
1241 calories for yesterday. Right in my range :) Hopefully I can get back to exercising next week. Everyone looks like they're doing pretty good this week. Keep up the good work ;)

Paisleymama
03-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Down 1.4bs for this week. Not really pleased with myself, I can do better. Blaming those tortilla wraps I had for dinner for the last two days. I have been limiting carbs and haven't had them for dinner on a weekday in a while.

6.2lbs total for this month. Next month I will be kicking this into high gear or I'm not going to reach my goal. The annoying thing is if I didn't emotionally eat those 30lbs on in August and September last year, I would have been at goal now. I guess what's done is done but I am a little bitter about it ;)

Yesterday's cals: 1151

NewKate2014 I hope all went well with the interview and you had a great time at the Opera. I haven't been before, either
Easily Amused & abbyin- Good job :)
MarliQQ - My carbs would come in the form of mashed potato. If it was smothered in butter I'd be even happier. No mash for me :(

MarliQQ
03-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi, Hi, Calgirls. :crazy:

1753/1715

I am over, not by much, but I had to make estimations about food I usually don't eat. I hate when I have to do that....On a better note, since I have been taking a break from strength training and doing pure cardio, my scale has been cooperating with smaller than usual fluctuations, and nice decreases. Does the morale good :D.

Paisleymama I love mashed potatoes--but done right :hun:. Spaghetti and garlic bread tonight??-- and if that isn't carb heaven, I don't know what is, :lol:. We'll see how much patience I have for cooking tonight--my sister says she can always tell when I don't put love in the food, like Momma does :rolleyes:. She is usually given one of two responses: "Don't eat it!!" or if I'm feeling snarky, I take the plate, tell the plate--"I love you", and then give it back to her.....

NewKate2014
03-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey all :-)
Job interview went well, and the opera was...not for me!!
Just a quick one tonight, busy busy as usual.
1167/1200 for calories today.
Glad to hear of all of your success! I'll report properly over the weekend!!

Tomorrow's challenge: baking in school with the kids... Mustn't eat the chocolate!!

1bighog
03-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm a calorie counter, but for various reasons I decided to up my calorie intake from 1,200/day to 1,600/day. I was never successful more than a couple of days in a row on 1,200/day, but wouldn't you know it, the week I bump it up I netted 1,278 on Monday, 776 on Tuesday, 1,020 on Wednesday, and so far only 472 for today but I haven't eaten dinner yet (my dinner will not be more than 600 calories, though!)

It's spring break week here so I have been working out a lot...two-a-days and it's a really intense workout, so lots of calories burned. I may bump my calorie limit down to 1,500 next week, but I won't have time to workout as much (I still workout every day, just not twice a day!)

So far this week I'm down 3 or 4 lbs...I can't quite remember where I started the week but I know where I'm at now!

abbyin
03-28-2014, 08:12 AM
1651/1250 for yesterday. I was a little high but I'm not going to worry about it. Onward and upwards ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

MarliQQ
03-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey Calgirls! :D

1683/1715

No spaghetti yesterday, but :jeno: for my bread addiction :D. It wasn't pineapple pizza like I luvs :love:, but we managed to agree on chicken/spinach. I try not to veto too many house decisions...helps keep sanity.
I weighed in this morning and saw no bump from the sodium--which is always a good thing--I actually lost. I am so excited to see these new recent lows, you guys have no idea :twirly:. And based on patterns there should be more to lose tomorrow :dance:.

Easily Amused You may just be doing everything right, sometimes it just takes patience. Trust me, I have tested that theory. I used to think I always was doing something wrong when the scale didn't budge, but with perseverence, I have discovered that such is not always the case. If you are lifter, that def masks weight loss--I am proof of that right now :dizzy:.

NewKate2014 :lol: What sort of opera did you attend??

1bighog
03-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Just had dinner and I'm at 1252/1600 calories for the day, but I had white rice with lunch (last night's leftovers) and pasta in my dinner tonight...carb overload! That was bad planning on my part.

I still have 4ish hours of awake time, so not sure if I'm done eating for the day.

CalCounter1003
03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Wow, lots of new cal counters here! Great!

Paisley, six pounds in a month is really good. After my first two months I noticed I lost four each month. I would go two weeks with no loss and then suddenly be down 3, then up then down but on average it was four a month.

NewKate, hope you get the job, if you want it!

I'm still trying to figure out my maintenance level. Originally I was going to start at 2100 but the people on the maintenance thread said I should just increase 100 or so a week. I haven't done a great job of it and I was 6 under my goal earlier this week. Today I was up a pound so one under five now, which is fine, I still wear a 8/10! But I can see it will take time to figure it out and it's not like I want to think of every calorie forever. But I am really focusing on maintaining, with even more obsessiveness than when I was losing. I've been reading everything I can find on people who have successfully maintained because that is really my goal. Honestly the losing wasn't that bad because once I started I was feeling so good. But what is awful is gaining. I've done that many times. I suppose I enjoy the eating cr** but then I feel so bad! and can't fit into anything, etc. so WHY do I do it? No idea!

MarliQQ
03-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Hey, Hey Calgirls! :rain:

1705-1715

Miserably raining here, but I still walked the pup and he loved it--despite looking like a wet sewer rat when we came home. I hope everyone is going to be having a great day! :hug:

Easily Amused If the scale told you that you weighed 300lbs, but you could fit into a size 6?? I think about those inches too :D. I am getting close to my start of the month measure-in--I already had a preview almost two weeks ago--so I am excited :hyper:.

1bighog
03-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Easily Amused You may just be doing everything right, sometimes it just takes patience. Trust me, I have tested that theory. I used to think I always was doing something wrong when the scale didn't budge, but with perseverence, I have discovered that such is not always the case. If you are lifter, that def masks weight loss--I am proof of that right now :dizzy:.

Easily Amused If the scale told you that you weighed 300lbs, but you could fit into a size 6?? I think about those inches too :D.

Easily Amused I agree with these two!! Sometimes the scale lies. Okay, it doesn't lie, but it doesn't reflect everything that is going on with ourselves. I do weigh myself every day, but I have learned not to let that number control me. It sounds like you are doing amazing!!!

NewKate2014
03-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey all, Happy Saturday!
I'm just over 1200 for the day and I burnt 685kcal hiking today, 5.5 miles through the woods :-) so hopefully the scales will be a little bit lower tomorrow.
I need to lose another 0.6lbs to meet my March target of 6lbs overall.
So glad it's the weekend - I really needed some down time!!

calcounter1003 maintenance sounds so tricky!

NewKate2014
03-30-2014, 02:18 PM
So I did it! 6lbs gone in March :-) gone for good!!
Feeing good, one more week of work before the 2 week Easter break.
1181/1200 calorie-wise today.

SeeMyFeet
03-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Whell. I'm disappointed. After a perfect 114 day stretch of calorie counting, I got waylaid by a headcold. I gave myself 1200 cals for TW&R but, those are just wild estimates. I haven't felt like eating much, but I've been drinking lots of milk, for unknown reason. 4 glasses yesterday pushed the calories up to 1579 :sp:. Ugh.

Paisleymama
03-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Ugh so crabby! I've hit a stall. I keep losing and gaining the same 2-3lbs. Up 2 again this morning. By wednesday, I'll be back to being the 2lbs down, I'm sure, but nothing more *sigh*
I also accidentally broke my streak on MFP, that annoys me. Happy monday :p

NewKate2014
03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
easily amused I love some good batch cooking! I use my freezer like it's going outta fashion!
seemyfeet sorry you've been feeling unwell :-( milk is a bizarre ill craving! I love toast when I'm ill (covered in butter... Oh dear!) so your milk isn't that bad!!
Paisley don't feel too disheartened! Think about those 34lbs you HAVE lost! Maybe ramp up your exercise? Do you lift weights? Building muscle always helps me drop again - gets the old metabolism revved up!

I've had a good day, aerobics when I got home from work (whilst watching the real housewives of New Jersey!) and i should come in on calorie goal :-)

NewKate2014
03-31-2014, 02:18 PM
1218/1200. Pushed over by a low cal hot chocolate, worth it :-)

MarliQQ
03-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey Ladies! :hug:

1688/1715

I am like the worst chocolate fan--I mean--I have sooo many requirements before I will eat it in any form, and because of that I usually don't. So yesterday was a rare moment in time, as I destroyed this innocent lava cake. It started with just a whiff and a lick of a finger. I thought I had died! It was soo good :drool:, I savored every moment! A rare moment indeed...
NewKate2014 I think it was destined that we both had chocolate moments...

1bighog
03-31-2014, 09:01 PM
Saturday 836/1600 (970 calorie burning workout!)
Sunday 1533/1600
Monday 705/1600 (742 calorie burning workout)

abbyin
03-31-2014, 10:25 PM
1241/1250 calories for today and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Ramping up for April, how about you ;)

New Kate - Awsum job on the 6 lb. weight loss for March!

Easily Amused - I batch cook and cut up a lot of veggies on Sundays. Makes the week go so much smoother.

Paisleymama - Tomorrow is new month - a new start to take what we did wrong last month and adjust it this month to get that scale moving in the right direction. :)

Seemyfeet- Feel better girl!

1bighog
04-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Today will be a test!

It's my first day back to work after spring break and starting calorie counting.

1) I won't be able to workout twice today like I have been during break.
2) I won't be able to get up and go to my kitchen for a healthy snack every time I feel hungry.
3) We sell junk food at my job; it's so easy to grab a bag of chips or a chocolate bar if I'm feeling a little hungry!
4) My boss always always always goes out for lunch and I love to go with her; it will be hard to say no.

The plan: I've already worked out today and had 1/2 my breakfast (coffee, fried egg, turkey bacon)...I'll have the other 1/2 (green smoothie) on my way to work in a couple of hours. That should be enough to hold me until lunch time, then I'll go home for lunch. I only work 9-2 so I really just need to get through lunch and I'll be good!!!

Anonee_Moose
04-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and looking for something like this to keep me a little more accountable. Is this a closed group?

Good luck and take care!

NewKate2014
04-01-2014, 03:58 PM
1285/1200 today. Just over because I attended a tea party at my pupils' after school club, had a couple of meringues AND a piece of rocky road! (oops!) so had a v low cal dinner and also did a 300cal workout when I got home.

MarliQQ Chocolate is an issue for me too!! I find the low cal "options" hot chocolate that we get in the UK is amazing. 40kcal per cup and gives me a sweet kick in the evening when I crave!!

1BigHog (I don't want to call you that!!!) Great job on the work outs! You're obviously busting your ***!! keep up the good work!! I have lots of temptations at work too - staff room cakes/chocolates/biscuits .. all sorts! total killer. I've decided to just say no 95% of the time and I find if it's out of sight, it's out of mind - so always have my back to it!!

Abbyin totally getting ramped up for April!!! Lets gooooo!!
:)

NewKate2014
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
oh - and here's a weird one for you all:

I've started listening to a hypnosis app when I go to bed early and I think it's changing my attitude! (I'm DEFINITELY not the type to normally invest in something like this.. but I thought I'd give it a try!)
Have any of you tried anything similar??

I'm off to bed early to go listen to it now!!

CalCounter1003
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and looking for something like this to keep me a little more accountable. Is this a closed group?

Good luck and take care!
All are welcome! And welcome to you!!!

CalCounter1003
04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
4) My boss always always always goes out for lunch and I love to go with her; it will be hard to say no.

!

You reminded me of an article, or more like a blog on eating lunch out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jillian-berman/why-buying-your-lunch-at-_b_5020896.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

I raised my kids that eating out was a waste of money and time. That's not even mentioning how it can throw off a diet. However if it's with the boss, it is hard to say no!

1bighog
04-01-2014, 08:09 PM
1BigHog (I don't want to call you that!!!)
LOL! Don't feel bad; it has nothing to do with my eating habits or shape of my body! "Hogs" is a nickname for the mascot of the local university.

You reminded me of an article, or more like a blog on eating lunch out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jillian-berman/why-buying-your-lunch-at-_b_5020896.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news&ir=Good%20News

I raised my kids that eating out was a waste of money and time. That's not even mentioning how it can throw off a diet. However if it's with the boss, it is hard to say no!
I actually used this argument with my boss today!!! :D

Boss: Do you want to go out to lunch?
Me: No, thanks.
Boss: Ugh, are you on a diet?
Me: Yes.
Boss: You still have to eat....
Me: I do eat!
Boss: Can't you have a salad?
Me: Salads are free at home! :carrot:

abbyin
04-01-2014, 09:14 PM
1241/1250 calories for today. Not to bad but tomorrow is my granddaughter' s 4th birthday and I'm sure I will be indulging in some cake and ice cream. Guess I'll just try to keep it small. I sure do love cake and ice cream though ;)

Paisleymama
04-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Lost 1.6 of those 2 lbs...again.
I'm not exercising at the moment. it's over 100f and the power keeps going off. I know it's another excuse but it is what it is.

1143 cals for yesterday.

Newkate - You're doing awesome!
MarliQQ - Well done! I had too much chocolate yesterday. I factored it into my calories but a bad choice none the less.
1bighog - Great workouts!
abbyin - Definitely going to kick my butt in april. I want to be in the 180's BAD. I think I have to adjust my goal to 175 by June instead, the weight isn't coming off as fast as I had anticipated.

CalCounter1003
04-02-2014, 06:29 AM
LOL! Don't feel bad; it has nothing to do with my eating habits or shape of my body! "Hogs" is a nickname for the mascot of the local university.

I actually used this argument with my boss today!!! :D

Boss: Do you want to go out to lunch?
Me: No, thanks.
Boss: Ugh, are you on a diet?
Me: Yes.
Boss: You still have to eat....
Me: I do eat!
Boss: Can't you have a salad?
Me: Salads are free at home! :carrot:
Wow, this is going to be hard to get out of. He/she is definitely pushing you. Maybe you can think of a place that lists the calories, or you can find them online, and suggest you go there once or twice a week. Give a tear breaker speech about how you have to stick to this and it is very hard but if you don't, well, I don't know what if you don't stick to it. I'm a teacher and we don't ever go out, no time. I hate that, but reading your problem here makes me thankful. I eat lunch out most weekend days because I'm so sick of my packed lunch 180 days a year!

NewKate2014
04-03-2014, 11:25 AM
So yesterday I ate a Creme Egg and then went out for a curry - total wipe out!
Today I ate a small slice of birthday cake, but otherwise having a good day. Couldn't bear to get on the scale this morning!!!

abbyin
04-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I couldn't bear to get on the scale this morning either :( Grand Daughters B-Day cake and ice cream yesterday, not to mention Pizza before the cake. My calories were around 2311/1250. Not good! Doing better today and there are no more Birthday's on the horizon (thank goodness)

Paisleymama
04-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Weighed in again this morning, down 1.3 + that 2lb gain. I know it'll be back on monday.
I kicked my butt and did 550 cals worth of cardio. I'll be aiming for 3x a week as I know daily just won't be an option.
1071 cals for wednesday, 907 for thursday as I had no appetite.

ETA: 21lb to go until my adjusted goal for June of 175lb

abbyin
04-04-2014, 09:45 AM
1362/1250 calories for yesterday. This has not been a good start to April :tantrum: The scale was also up 3 lbs this morning :o Well today is a new day and I am getting back on track. I am going to work hard this weekend to get those 3 lbs off by my weigh in next Wednesday. I refuse to gain back the weight I worked so hard to take off :frypan:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1bighog
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Such a busy week!

Tuesday 1584/1600
Wednesday 1214/1600
Thursday 1452/1600

Wow, this is going to be hard to get out of. He/she is definitely pushing you. Maybe you can think of a place that lists the calories, or you can find them online, and suggest you go there once or twice a week. Give a tear breaker speech about how you have to stick to this and it is very hard but if you don't, well, I don't know what if you don't stick to it. I'm a teacher and we don't ever go out, no time. I hate that, but reading your problem here makes me thankful. I eat lunch out most weekend days because I'm so sick of my packed lunch 180 days a year!
Ugh, she got to me yesterday! I left an opening for her, though...I need to work on the right thing to say! You think "no" would suffice....

On Thursday she kept asking me what I can eat. I told her I can eat anything I want, but I'm staying away from eating out in particular, watching carbs and sugar, etc. So this was our conversation:

Boss: You can get a salad.
Me: No, I really don't want to pay $10 for lettuce.
Boss: Can you get a burger patty without the bread?
Me: I don't like red meat.
Boss: Fish?
Me, thinking yeah right we're going to eat fish for lunch: Yeah, I love fish.
Boss: Great! Let's go to Ruby Tuesday. I'll see you there in 5.
Me: :?:

I went and I had the grilled salmon, grilled zucchini, and roasted spaghetti squash, 3 glasses of water, and skipped the bread for 425 calories. And $20 after tax & tip. :^:

My plan for next week is to pack my lunch and take it to work. I HATE to do this because it's one more thing I'll have to do in the morning before leaving the house, plus I only live 5 minutes from work and I'd rather eat at home than sit up there at work, but if she sees me with food then maybe she won't pressure me so hard.

Other than that, I am 3 weeks alcohol & soda free! I haven't weighed myself this week. I worked out twice on Monday & today (Friday), and once Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I have a very busy weekend of work coming up so no workouts planned. On Monday, I am thinking of dropping my daily calorie goal from 1600 to 1500.

CalCounter1003
04-05-2014, 03:06 PM
1bighog, wow, she's very pressuring. And it's especially awkward since it's your boss. Is it your company she wants? Or she doesn't like to eat alone? Idk but you could suggest going to your house. Although then what would you serve her! Plus you'd have to clean up! It's quite a dilemma! Is there no one else as fun as you for her to go with!!?!?

SeeMyFeet
04-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Catching up...

NewKate--what kind of hypnosis app? I am also highly skeptical, but I've actually considered trying this. I decided against hypnosis tapes at bedtime because it would keep hubs awake, so I settled on a falling rain audio to help me sleep. Hubs gave me new earbuds (pink ones!) for Christmas, and I use them at work to listen to alpha waves. Not sure if that helps my brain focus, but it does help keep out the chatter!

1BigHog: Hey, it's your BOSS! Golden Opportunity: "Sorry I would absolutely love to go to lunch with you every day, but I just don't make enough money to justify that extra expense, and I'll have to make up the extra time by working late." hint hint.....oops....just read your latest post.....You're in a tough position ! Your boss is not getting any of your not-so-subtle hints, she sounds needy, and is setting herself up for a somewhat public rejection. Next comes anger and ostracism, and for the sake of harmony in the workplace, you should try to prevent that. I would suggest offering up a substitute activity. Workouts after work? Lunchtime walks? (personally, I would not divulge dieting strategies--you'll just open yourself up to criticism.) Congrats on your "dry spell"! I'm 126 days alcohol free myself!

Dang! Paisleymama! You're dropping it like it's hot!

1030cals (average) for Jan,
1062 for Feb,
1090 for March...and the rate of weight loss keeps slowing and slowing.. stranded on a barren island, I'd probably gain weight....

900 cals yesterday,
662 cals Thu,
1499 cals (Gaw!) Wed (cereal for breakfast and dinner)
906 cals Tue
462 cals Mon (no time to eat!)

paulimapi
04-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm on my 4th succesful day on a row. I've been having such a hard time sticking to my calorie limit lately, and I feel like I'm FINALLY back to staying under for a while and actually lose weight. Right now I'm eating around 1200 calories from Monday till Friday and on the weekends I eat around 1500. It serves as a way to confuse my metabolism so I don't plateau.

Today I had

B-fast: Skinny vanilla latte: 100 calories

Snack: Banana-peanut butter shake: 279 calories

Lunch: Cheese ciabatta sandwich: 430 calories

Snack: Pack of saltines : 90 calories
String cheese: 70 calories

Dinner: Rotini pasta with natural tomato sauce: 440 calories

Total: 1409 calories

Hope you're all doing well and staying motivated!! :)

1bighog
04-06-2014, 10:09 AM
1bighog, wow, she's very pressuring. And it's especially awkward since it's your boss. Is it your company she wants? Or she doesn't like to eat alone? Idk but you could suggest going to your house. Although then what would you serve her! Plus you'd have to clean up! It's quite a dilemma! Is there no one else as fun as you for her to go with!!?!?
She doesn't like to eat by herself! That's really all it is. I mean, we're friends and all...we travel together, we hang out at her house, we grab drinks together, but we're not super best friends enough to eat lunch out twice a week together! The business is extremely busy from 3:30pm-9:30pm. The day time is slow (we cater to children, so after school time is peak), so it's usually just her & me working. And since she works til 10pm every night, lunch is her biggest meal of the day. I don't have her same schedule, though.
[FONT=Arial]
1BigHog: Hey, it's your BOSS! Golden Opportunity: "Sorry I would absolutely love to go to lunch with you every day, but I just don't make enough money to justify that extra expense, and I'll have to make up the extra time by working late." hint hint.....oops....just read your latest post.....You're in a tough position ! Your boss is not getting any of your not-so-subtle hints, she sounds needy, and is setting herself up for a somewhat public rejection. Next comes anger and ostracism, and for the sake of harmony in the workplace, you should try to prevent that. I would suggest offering up a substitute activity. Workouts after work? Lunchtime walks? (personally, I would not divulge dieting strategies--you'll just open yourself up to criticism.) Congrats on your "dry spell"! I'm 126 days alcohol free myself!
Thanks for the tips! What kills me about the whole thing is that she used to be a huge fitness person. On top of owning the business and working a lot of hours, she also used to teach fitness classes at a local gym during the summer. Well, a few years ago, her business just got too big (and stressful) and she had to give up the fitness classes...and she's gained a ton of weight since then. She is always saying, "I need to lose weight, I know what I need to do, I just don't have time to do it," so you think she'd be more encouraging to me on my weight loss journey. She is a needy person. She won't go for lunchtime walks; lunch is her only real meal of the day. (The business is a gymnastics facility; she coaches classes from 3:30pm-9:30pm with no breaks.)

She's not the type of person to get angry if I say no, though. She won't take it out on me. I've just got to be more firm than I want to be with her and after a few times of me really sticking to my guns, I think she'll drop it.

That's amazing on the 126 days alcohol-free! I really don't think (and don't really plan!) to fast from alcohol that long. It just kind of ended up happening here.

SeeMyFeet
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Whew! 1Big...you just made us feel a lot better about your boss situation. Glad to hear she's not the vindictive type. (I work with a lot of those.)

pauli--those are some good statements in your signature. Keep posting so I can read them every day!

Wow...829cals yesterday and 876 average cals for Apr. You'd think the weight would just melt off...but NoooOOOOooo.....

1bighog
04-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Friday 1251/1600 (two workout day)
Saturday 2214/1600 (!!!!)
Sunday 1711/1600

I'm under 1,067 calories for this week and I was under 3,953 calories for the week before. I think I'm going to lower to 1,500 calories/day starting tomorrow.

OH! Forgot to add...I haven't weighed all week; I kept forgetting every morning. I did today, even though I would have normally skipped it due to eating terribly yesterday, but I was down a pound. :)

NewKate2014
04-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Hey all, sorry I've been AWOL. I had a frisbee tournament yesterday which meant over 16 hours in a minibus, a trip to Macdonalds and eating lots of rubbish. This all followed by a Chinese last night meant I was 176 on the scale this morning :-(
But chin up and get on with it I suppose...
I'm on my Easter Holidays now so two weeks off work - bliss! I sometimes find it hard to keep my mind occupied when I'm off work and end up snacking but I'm determined to have a really good two weeks. I'm looking after my bfs parents dogs from Tuesday til Sunday this week and that means long walks every day which will be blissful for both my mental state and my body!

seemyfeet it's called "LoseWeight" found it on the apple App Store. It has a blue scale as the icon.

Paisleymama
04-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Catching up...
Dang! Paisleymama! You're dropping it like it's hot!
For real? I feel like it's taking FOREVER. I'm sick of being fat already. I'm also extremely tired of chicken :p

Sunday was a bust as usual. Saturday was ok, as was friday. Weigh in on Wednesday as usual. Off to go and cook my oh so delicious chicken...again.

SeeMyFeet
04-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Well it looks that way to me Paisleymama! I don't remember us being so far apart in weight. But I hear ya....this is painfully slow! I have GOT to find a way to make this weight loss go faster. (exercise, exercise....hint hint)
My wt loss in Jan was -0.23lb/da, in Feb -0.17 in Mar -0.13 and so far in Apr -0.08. Egad! :sp:

Yesterday: 841 calories.

abbyin
04-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Good calorie counts for Saturday and Sunday and I am down 2 of the 3 lbs I gained last week. Some of it had to be water weight, I suspect. Getting back to healthy eating and exercise this week :yes:

Paisleymama and seemyfeet - I think you both are doing really good :hug: We all have to remember that the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't be coming off overnight. Besides, losing slower is better in the long run for keeping it off permanently so keep up the good work :cheer2:

rlb1987
04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi all! I'd like to join in here. I've found I do the best when I have people to help keep me accountable. :wave:

Sounds like everyone is doing so great with the weight loss!

My calorie goal is 1650, and I eat back some of my exercise calories as well, depending on how hungry I am. So far today I'm at 1048, so that leaves me with 602 for dinner and whatever I eat back from Zumba tonight.

abbyin
04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Welcome rlb1987 ;):welcome2:

1250/1250. Bet I can't do that again :dizzy: 30 minutes weights. I had a good day :D

Hope everyone had a great (low calorie) day!

SeeMyFeet
04-07-2014, 11:52 PM
greetings dlb! Ugh! I have GOT to get more exercise!

Around 1100cals...left my flash drive at work...this old laptop is acting wonky and I'm afraid I might lose data soon....note to self: more exercise and fix the laptop...and the sinks....and the bench outside...and the....you get the point

Paisleymama
04-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Still doing the same dance over here. Up 3lb this morning in water weight.
Every weekend we have a movie night with the kids. I have salted popcorn like crazy. I'm under my sodium goals all week so it throws me off. I have no plans on giving up the popcorn because I look forward to it all freaking week! So, in short, I love the popcorn, hate the gain. Should be off again by thursday.

1100 cals & some change for yesterday.

Seemyfeet - I wouldn't say we're that far off on weight, really! If I'm lucky I'm getting 1lb a week. IF. Weight loss as slowed dramatically due to temps over 100f and feeling sluggish. I don't want to get sweatier :\
abbyin - You're doing great! Hope that last lb disappears quickly.
rlb1987 - Hi and welcome :)

SeeMyFeet
04-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Ha Paisley! You're getting up and I'm (hopefully) going to bed! Let me know what surprises Tuesday has for me!

1bighog
04-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Monday 1218/1500

I did end up lowering my goal from 1600 to 1500. Although I stayed within range yesterday, I snacked more than I should have/needed. When I work evenings (straight through dinner time) it is hard for me not to be snacky. I thought I prepared myself by having some soup before going in, but I caved in around 6pm and had some chips, which is something I normally wouldn't eat, but they were right there in front of me, almost taunting me.

On a good note, it seems like the calorie zig-zagging might be good for me; I'm down another pound to make it 6 pounds total in 2.5 weeks.

CalCounter1003
04-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey everybody! Lots of loss here!
Maintenance is going well, although like I said it's not that different than losing. I have been increasing calories to around 1800-1900. Well I thought. I was but I just looked at MFP to see what the actual numbers are and I noticed the last three Fridays I was only 1200 or so. But that's because of Lent. Then yesterday I was 1450. I know it seems weird that it is hard to get the calories in but it is, unless I want to have a snickers or something. I am being pretty cautious though for fear of gaining. My weight has fluctuated from 144-148 since I reached goal. This summer I will be away from home about five weeks so I know that will be a challenge. Going to a wedding in NY and then my DD got an internship in California so going to visit her for about a month. We subleased an apt (well it was from airbnb.com which we have used many times) so since she has the whole apt and I'm off school I'm going to visit!

Keep plugging away everyone, it will be worth it no matter how long it takes. I feel so much better and it is actually fun to go into my closet now, although I do need more clothes that fit! But that will have to happen over time.

Also, let me get my plug in for walking. It makes such a difference if you can get some walking in! You don't even have to sweat, just walk a few miles a day and it will help. I'm doing three a day still with my Sansone DVDs plus I'm planking!

Paisleymama
04-09-2014, 11:58 PM
The sodium bloat is gone so hopefully I see a loss tomorrow. It takes SO LONG to get out of my system. Plus I've been super lazy and eating subway for dinner. Same cals for yesterday.

seemyfeet - How'd yesterday go?
1bighog - Great work! I zigzag a little, not much but enough that I can make up some of my low cal days on the weekend. It hasn't hindered or helped weight loss (aside from water retention) so I'm sticking with it.
Calcounter - Glad maintenance is going well, I guess it will take a while to adjust to higher cals.

1bighog
04-11-2014, 01:23 PM
I hardly have enough time online to reply to specific people, but I do read all the posts and think of you guys!

Tuesday 1148/1500
Wednesday 1262/1500
Thursday 1082/1500

Something I learned about myself this week. I have always known I am an "all or nothing" person. Either I'm fully committed or I don't do it at all. This week, I even saw it in my eating habits. We're always told, there's not much wrong with indulging an occasional craving; just keep it to a small serving. No, I cannot eat 1-2 cookies; I need a sleeve. I can't have a mini piece of chocolate; I need a couple of handfuls. I can't have A rice krispy treat, I need 1/2 a pan. Etc, etc. It's best for me if I don't even take a bite.

So the positive ways my "all or nothing" personality has affected my calorie counting:
I don't quit workouts, no matter how hard they are.
I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 28 days and while I've been thinking about it A LOT the past couple of days, it hasn't been hard for me at all (I am going to hold out until my birthday in 3 weeks.)
I have been committed to drinking 10 glasses of water a day, I drink between 10-15.

My daughter has a dance competition tonight that will keep us out really late. I will pack us a healthy snack and lots of water, but we will be eating out tonight, probably just fast food somewhere. I've already picked some lower calorie options for myself depending on where we end up!

ETA: Another eating situation I had earlier in the week...my husband made one of our family favorite recipes, chicken macaroni casserole. I had already had the recipe entered into MFP and the last time I ate it, I had 2 cups. I was working the night he made it so he brought me some and I asked for 2 cups. Oh my gosh, it was such a HUGE serving! I can't believe I willingly ate that much. I could have been done at 1 cup, but because it was already in my dish, I ate the whole thing (all or nothing personality) and had a stomachache the rest of the night.

I got through my busy weekend unscathed!

Friday 1286/1500 despite eating out
Saturday approx 1264/1500 even after enjoying dessert at a baby shower (and I got sick that night, too!)

Down 2 lbs this week! Looking forward to everyone's updates!

k15g15
04-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Hello! I am going to join your group, I need some accountability. I started back today after gaining back 70 pounds of the 83 pounds I lost three years ago :( graduate school and a divorce helped me along the way. My goal is 1500 calories a day.

Question: Do you guys eat back your calories?

SeeMyFeet
04-13-2014, 10:36 PM
H'lo k15g15! You did it once (soo impressed!) and you can do it again!

me....meh.....or rather...ugh!...I'm not doing so well these days. These past 2 weeks have been stressful and hectic with lots of long hours at work, and I feel like I've lost focus. I haven't been overeating or even consuming things on my off limits list, but most of my work activities involve sitting or standing in one place for long periods of time. So I'm retaining fluid and (tmi coming)....well, let's just say I'm full of it (again). So...I've been gaining weight steadily over the past two weeks. So scared.

Well 800cals today. 960 yesterday. Weekly average 1100.

k15g15
04-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks SeeMyFeet!!

I had 1280 calories yesterday and 1510 today. I trying to keep myself super positive!! It all can come off again!!

SeeMyFeet
04-16-2014, 12:07 AM
Hey all....slowing down around here.....

482 cals yesterday :dizzy: and 980 today. Feeling fat and flabby. Guess it's affecting my appetite.

CalCounter1003
04-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Yes it is slowing down here! I know NewKate is on break. My spring break started today! It was so great sleeping in and getting stuff done around the house! I did have to teach at the college tonight but not getting up at 4:30 was awesome!

Maintenance is still going well. Tomorrow is eight weeks since I hit goal. Like I said earlier if you want to maintain the loss, apparently it is not that different from the losing phase. I am realizing I can eat different things, and just eat less of them. I'm still using MFP to track everything and I'm still doing my walking six days a week. I have been focusing on getting my arms in shape. I actually wore a sleeveless shirt last weekend, this is the first time in YEARS! I tried on bathing suits, that didn't go as well as I had hoped, lol. I guess one day I'll work on legs, but it's all good. But I'm feeling very blessed to be where I am and am reading everything I can about maintaining.

Keep with it everyone. Remember with calorie counting there is no "blowing your diet"! You just maybe ate too much, but you get right back on it, even on the same day and you still will have a deficit at the end of the week. You surely didn't eat enough to actually gain a pound, if the scale goes up it's just temporary! Stick with it and it will come off.

abbyin
04-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

It has been quiet in here lately and I know, too, that I have not been posting lately. But, I have been lurking ;) I haven't been posting because I have taken a break from counting calories but luckily I have not gained any weight. I will start posting again on Monday as Easter is on Sunday and I know I will be eating more than usual.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter. See you on Monday!

:bunny2:

k15g15
04-18-2014, 10:23 PM
1500 again today...I need to get started on my exercising so hopefully some fat will start falling off....

Paisleymama
04-21-2014, 02:02 AM
Hi all. I took a week off, I was away and then there was Easter. I've been loosely logging cals but back on 100% today.

chunkyguacamole
04-21-2014, 02:09 PM
220 - Guacamole
490 - Chips (I know i know)
320 - Chicken
360 - Steak
325 - Protein shake after workout!

-------

1715 With a good weight session at the gym and a long walk. May go for a 40 min walk later and treat myself to a 400kcal chocolate bar which will take it up to 2115 calories minus my workout! :)

What do you think about the chocolate bit? Uploaded a video today on my blog too talking about being allowed treats as long as you burn them off. Bad idea or good idea to have treats?!

CalCounter1003
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
I think having a treat like that is a good idea as long as it doesn't spiral I to ten of them. That's one thing I love about calorie counting... We can have whatever we want as long as we count it!

abbyin
04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
1178/1250 calories for today. I was going to work out tonight but I was so tired when I got home from work that I think I'm gonna just relax and go to bed early tonight. As for chocolate bars, I don't think it's terrible to have one once in awhile but if your going for long term weight loss I think it's important to learn how to eat healthy with the right portion sizes. I think that will help when we lose all of our weight and go into maintenance. But, a sweet treat can be just what you need sometimes if it fits in your calories :)

katerina11
04-21-2014, 09:40 PM
I live by If It Fits Your Macros. It helps to preserve my sanity and not flip into orthorexia.

abbyin
04-22-2014, 08:31 AM

Got on the scale this morning and I'm up 2 lbs :yikes: I think it's water, as my eyes are puffy this morning. Gonna drink lots of water today and hope I drop by tomorrow (my official weigh in day)

Hope everyone has a great low cal day!

k15g15
04-22-2014, 11:57 AM
1410 yesterday, down two pounds!

chunkyguacamole
04-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I totally had a chocolate bar today!! Oh man!

400 calories for the bar
chicken 300x2
Cottage cheese 240
Mixed Fruit - 230
Ommlette - 420

1990 Calories....

Rode 5 miles to work and 5 miles back at 630+ Calories so ending at around 1300 Calories for the day :)

abbyin
04-22-2014, 09:59 PM
1224/1250 for today. No exercise but I quit smoking this week so I'm thinking, that plus counting calories this week is enough. I'll try to pick up exercise next week. Baby steps :)

Congrats on the 2lb loss K15g15!

Good job with the calories Chunkyguacamole!

1bighog
04-23-2014, 09:26 AM
What do you think about the chocolate bit? Uploaded a video today on my blog too talking about being allowed treats as long as you burn them off. Bad idea or good idea to have treats?!
I've always been told, a treat every now and then is okay. However (I think I talked about this in my last post on this thread), I cannot limit myself to a small treat. I get one taste and I lose control! It's better for me to avoid altogether. I have a much easier time with that than to just have a piece.

Got on the scale this morning and I'm up 2 lbs :yikes: I think it's water, as my eyes are puffy this morning. Gonna drink lots of water today and hope I drop by tomorrow (my official weigh in day)

Hope everyone has a great low cal day!
I had the same thing happen to me over the weekend!

I totally had a chocolate bar today!! Oh man!

400 calories for the bar
chicken 300x2
Cottage cheese 240
Mixed Fruit - 230
Ommlette - 420

1990 Calories....

Rode 5 miles to work and 5 miles back at 630+ Calories so ending at around 1300 Calories for the day :)
Love that you combat the chocolate with a workout! Great job!

1224/1250 for today. No exercise but I quit smoking this week so I'm thinking, that plus counting calories this week is enough. I'll try to pick up exercise next week. Baby steps :)

Congrats on the 2lb loss K15g15!

Good job with the calories Chunkyguacamole!
Congrats on the no smoking!!! How's that going?

Well it's been 4 weeks since I've been calorie counting. (5 weeks this weekend.) I have found that I lose more weight on the weeks where I stay under my calories during the week and splurge on weekends (still remaining at or under my weekly goal.) I am down...8 lbs in 1 month despite my 2 lb gain over the weekend! So, so, so happy & proud of myself. My size 8 jeans are very, very comfortable. No doubt in 5 more pounds they will be a little too loose. Unfortunately, even though I have a range of clothing sizes collecting dust in my closet, I have NO size 6 anything. I tried squeezing into size 4 yesterday to see how much work I have to do, and I got them up, just nowhere near being able to button them. :)

k823127
04-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the thread, but am a calorie counter and have been for the last 4 weeks so far.
I started at 250lbs, and 7 weeks in am now 229lbs, am looking towards being under the 200lbs mark as my next goal!

I generally aim for around 1000-1400 mark every day...today is 1138. :carrot:

Skinnygirldreams
04-23-2014, 05:11 PM
So I'm new to this forum. I've been using 3fc for a little over a year, but took a break over the winter. :( Shouldn't have done that!

I'm a calorie counter myself. At the moment I'm just trying to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories. Started back with calorie counting yesterday. So far so good. I've been at around 1100-1200 calories. Yesterday I went on a 5 mile walk with my dog and neighbor.

Today:
Breakfast I had an omlet (substitute egg) with mushrooms, garlic, feta cheese, and mushrooms.
Lunch: Flatout with .75 oz of priscutto, spinach, and balsamic vingar w/ olive oil, and cottage cheese
Dinner: 6oz of salmon and broccoli.

Yuuuuuuum!
I have so many weddings in the next 2 years. lol I want to lose as much weight as possible. up to 50 lbs. My Sister and her fiance are getting married April 17th 2015. My brother and his fiance are getting married september 26th 2015. My fiance's sister is getting married in 2015 some time, and now (i'm engaged as of Monday!) my fiance and I are planning January/February 2016! Holy weddings! I'm hoping to have all the weight off by my sister's wedding :) and then be toned up by my brother's ... So that I look fantastic for mine lol

abbyin
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
1233/1250 calories for today.weighed in today at 134. Up 1 lb from my ticker but I'll wait til next week to change my ticker and see how it goes.

:welcome2: to the newbies! Lot's of support here. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

Hope everyone has a great low cal day tomorrow :cheer2:

Munchy
04-24-2014, 09:43 AM
I have so many weddings in the next 2 years. lol I want to lose as much weight as possible. up to 50 lbs. My Sister and her fiance are getting married April 17th 2015. My brother and his fiance are getting married september 26th 2015. My fiance's sister is getting married in 2015 some time, and now (i'm engaged as of Monday!) my fiance and I are planning January/February 2016! Holy weddings! I'm hoping to have all the weight off by my sister's wedding :) and then be toned up by my brother's ... So that I look fantastic for mine lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D :D :D

NewKate2014
04-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Well HELLO again everyone! So after a solid two weeks of not posting I am back and I'm on a freakin mission!
Just had a wee read through your posts and it looks like everyone is doing well and I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a wee break over Easter.
I had lots of ups and downs, lots of dog walking and playing frisbee but also a sticky toffee pudding binge (my fave!) and 2 big nights out.
I learnt that when I fall of the bandwagon I fall off big time during that day, I also learnt that I feel really rubbish after eating loads of rubbish!! You are what you eat as they say...!

When I weighed in after the break I was up 5lbs but two days later that has pretty much dropped off, I think it was water. So I have basically maintained for 3 weeks now.

I'm back on the bandwagon, recording all my food and I've worked out everyday since I went back to work. It helps that I'm heading into frisbee season so I have to keep up with a pretty crazy fitness programme.

96 days til I go on holiday, really hoping to drop another 20lbs before then be that'll be SWIMSUIT TIME!

so this is the start of a mega 100 day mission! Woohoooo

It's good to be back!

NewKate2014
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Finishing the day at 1301 calories and I burnt around 300 working out.

CalCounter1003
04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
NewKate, sounds like you had a great break! Today is my last day of my break, other than the weekend. It's so depressing when it ends, but it also means there is only a month left of school, we finish the end of May and the seniors finish May 16 and that's mainly who I teach!

Maintenance still going well. But like I have said, it's practically the same thing as trying to lose. Just more calories. Still exercising 6 days a week and counting cals. I really love calories counting though, and wish I had rediscovered it years ago!

Oops! Somehow when I first typed this I clicked the "report spam" and then had this typed in. So I hope they realize it was just a clicking error and don't think that I think NewKate is spamming by posting her calories!

Skinnygirldreams
04-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks munchy!!!

So the last 2 days I kept on point with eating. Going for 3 days in a row today!

Today:
Breakfast: 1cup Special K ceral w/ 2% milk.
Lunch: 1 cup split pea soup and a grilled cheese w/ tomato on rye
Snack: strawberries and a cottage cheese double
Dinner: grilled chicken breast and asparagus.
Calorie total 1134 :)

I may add in a salad for a few more calories if I'm hungry later w/ greek yogurt blue cheese dressing. it's delicious if you like salad and haven't tried the dressing. I get the OPI brand. :)

abbyin
04-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Been on plan with calories the last couple of days and I'm back to my ticker weight. Now if I can just start moving down again :dizzy:

Looks like everyone is doing pretty good this week. Hopefully we can keep it up over the weekend :yes:

FleurDeLis
04-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm at 240 calories for the day so far. That includes breakfast and my lunch.

Breakfast: 1 halo orange- 40 cals
Lunch- 2 cups spring mix-20 cals
2tbsp italian dressing- 80 cals
croutons- 100 cals
4 strawberries- 20 cals

Not sure what I'll be having for dinner yet, still waiting for DH to get home from work.

FleurDeLis
04-26-2014, 05:53 PM
Currently at 630 for the day. I'm planning on having two glasses of wine tonight 127 cals a piece and some sort of snack to up my calories to between 1200-1400 cals.

Skinnygirldreams
04-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone! new to this thread.... So my goal right now is to stay under 1400 calories. Which I have done every day this past week except for Wednesday! I'll take it because that day I went over by 150 calories, but burned more than that in my 5 mile walk that day :)

FleurDeLis
04-26-2014, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone! new to this thread.... So my goal right now is to stay under 1400 calories. Which I have done every day this past week except for Wednesday! I'll take it because that day I went over by 150 calories, but burned more than that in my 5 mile walk that day :)

Welcome to the thread Skinny! Nice job this week. Going over 150 isn't bad at all and the fact that you burned that on your walk should make you feel awesome!

k15g15
04-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Messed up yesterday, 1500 calories today! I can do this!

Skinnygirldreams
04-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Oatmeal this morning.... salad with a chicken breast for lunch... and idk yet what's for dinner! lol but I'm thinking salmon and asparagus?

Yesterday I managed to do over 10,000 steps at work so that made me happy :) I'm going to try and do that today again.

1bighog
04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
I have 4,000 calories left for the week! :eek: Meant to have a higher calorie day yesterday but didn't.

Of course I won't eat them all. I'm aiming for 1,800 today, then my week starts over tomorrow.

Hoopty
04-27-2014, 02:00 PM
:wave:

Love how active this thread is! Just started calorie counting again today. I'm aiming for 1600-1800 calories on gym days, depending on how intense the workout is, and 1400 calories on rest days.

So far I've had 1229 cals but I'm probably gonna end the day with about 1400. I've got brown rice pudding cooking (wisdom teeth removal happened 4 days ago)

FleurDeLis
04-27-2014, 07:52 PM
:wave:
I've got brown rice pudding cooking (wisdom teeth removal happened 4 days ago)

Hope you are feeling better from that. :hug: My DH will be getting all of his wisdom teeth removed on May 9th. It will be the first medical type procedure he's had done while we've been together. He always takes care of me when I'm sick etc, so it will be weird with him being the one not feeling well.:(

We went to Mcallister's Deli today. I had the Southwest turkey club. 685 cals and baked lays 120 cals. For dinner I had a turkey sandwich on one piece of bread with a piece of cheese and some dijon mustard. 200 cals. Cinnamon sugar pita chips- 195cals. For a snack I had a bag of popcorn that I shared with DH-75cals.

Total for the day was 1275cals. This is so awesome for me. I was able to go out to eat, but eat healthy and stay within my calorie goal. Victory!

SeeMyFeet
04-28-2014, 01:16 AM
Well howdy again, all.

I have been sucked down the drain in a vortex of work and stress. I've climbed back up and I'm hanging onto the edge with bloodied fingernails. I hope to find the energy to climb out of this hole and into the sunlit, grassy field tomorrow. We'll dance then.

There...I posted something. Avoided burdening you with a too-personal and whiny description of what has led me to this horribly grumpy and disappointed-in-myself state. Garrr! almost a whole month of it! But I will do better than last year, when this state lasted from feb to nov. I WILL ACHIEVE MY GOALS!! ....hope so, anyway....

A whopping 1510 calories today....but I counted and recorded!!! 150 days of counting and recording and 8 days skipped. Sackcloth, ashes, and wailing tomorrow for the 8 holes in my Excel spreadsheet.

CalCounter1003
04-28-2014, 06:28 AM
SeeMyFeet, sorry you are in a grumpy mode. :(
Just keep counting the calories. Even if you are over, it's okay. There are times when we have too much stress to diet. I've had many of those times, usually children related or work, or MIL. Or all of the above at once!
But look at how much you have lost already. If you keep on tracking it will help. You will get back on track! If possible take walks, just 10-15 minutes will help your mood! :hug:

Hoopty
04-28-2014, 06:37 AM
FleurDeLis - Thanks for your well wishes :) I got 3 wisdom teeth taken out and have been eating nothing but baby food and mashed potatoes/avocados/bananas and smoothies. I hope your DH gets through it quickly and has a fast recovery! It's funny that you mentioned that - my DH is also always the one to take of me since I get sick more often than he does. He's been sick twice since we've been together and he didn't want me to take care of him since he felt like he could do it on his own.....men ;) Good job staying within calories while still eating out! That's awesome! :cheer:

SeeMyFeet - Get up, dust yourself off and kick some arse! You can do it! At least you're back to counting, that's always good! We're here for support :hug:

--

Ended up not being able to eat the brown rice pudding. I tried but mainly ate around it. So total calories for yesterday: ~1292

SeeMyFeet
04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Howdy again!

Pretty good start to the day, scale-wise. Down 0.5. Much more "bloat" to get rid of, but I think I have my head screwed on again. Yes, tracking is the key...for me, anyway. I started noticing I was developing tinnitus, so I stopped taking all vitamins, etc, and played around with diet. Lost focus along the way....and still not sure what's causing this or if it will go away.

Thanks for the kicks and well-wishes. Sometimes I just get down in the dumps about how little I accomplish in life....in every arena of life, not just weight loss.

Well, ha, in the progress in life area....when DH and I were first married, I took care of him when he was sick all the time. I had to be tough back then, because he was a grumpy whiny/baby. Now the shoes are on different feet! He's tough as nails.

Well, I broke my 100 day no-alcohol streak the past 2 weekends. Time to start another austerity program.

....circling the pool....sticking my toes in the water....psyching myself up for a big inhale and headfirst dive into the pool....

emily2585
04-28-2014, 01:45 PM
I am attempting to stay at 1200 cal a day but that doesnt always prove easy. Today i have logged everything i will eat and i am over by 52 cal....not a huge deal but going over a little everyday adds up.........

FleurDeLis
04-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Hoopty- I'm the same way. I get sick so much more than him. It's going to be weird!!!!

Seemyfeet-Nice job on the.05 down!

Emily-While it does add up, be thankful you stayed so close to your number. If you think about your day, I'm sure there was some sort of exercise you did where you burned 52 calories!

Ran errands today. Stopped at a new Subway by my house to see if they had the veggie patty sandwich. Of course not... :/ So ironically I settled for a philly cheesesteak. I'm not a vegetarian, I just think the veggie patty is delicious. My sandwich came in at 680 calories with all the fixins and the sauces. It filled me up really well too. High protein and just a lot of meat on it in general.

720 cals left for the day. DH and I are going to a young adult group at our church tonight. There will be "refreshments." I have no idea what that will include, but I plan on steering for the healthier stuff. Won't have an exact cal count for the whole day, but I'm doing really well with my portion sizes now so I feel confident I can survive such social gatherings! :)

FleurDeLis
04-28-2014, 10:38 PM
UGH, my willpower went to the toilet tonight at the young adult group. They had this mexican food. It was like a mexican pizza I guess. At first I told my husband we should split one, they I thought ah, this doesn't look like that much. And I wouldn't say it was gigantic but I sure did feel stuffed after eating it. Luckily it looked pretty healthy. Tortilla, refried beans, chicken, lots of lettuce. I should have stopped eating halfway through, but I didn't. :( Then I had some taco dip and some chips as well.

So glad I went for a run today, hopefully the calories weren't insanely over the mark.

Tomorrow is a new day, no more dwelling over tonight.

Hoopty
04-29-2014, 06:08 AM
Hello everyone :wave:

Yesterday's calories: 1499
I'm a little scared about going back to work tomorrow and adjusting my calories. It's not helping that I still can't chew anything so I'm gonna have to plan my lunch for tomorrow very carefully. I am not allowed to eat any dairy so that makes it so much harder.
Also, I'll be burning a lot more. I ride my bike there and back which is not thaaat far (2.85 miles) but considering the fact that I sat on the couch for a whole week - it's definitely something! And - I stand and walk at work. No sitting other than during my 30 min lunch break.

--

FleurDeLis - A little slip-up, it happens :hug: I doubt you went crazy over your calories, your sodium intake was probably higher than usual which could obviously result in water retention, but I'm sure your run helped tremendously! On to a brand new day :)

emily2585 - 52 calories is really not that big of a deal. That's 364 calories a week which, again, is really not that much, at all. You'll burn that off by going for a run and doing some exercises ;)

SeeMyFeet - Tinnitus? Oh no, how annoying!! Have you been to the doctor's yet?

1bighog
04-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Monday 1013/1500 (414 calorie burning workout)

My birthday is on Friday and I'm going out of town this weekend for another one of my daughter's dance competitions. I didn't start my diet for a few months because of dance comp season and tons of traveling which means tons of eating out. I knew I'd be discouraged by working hard all week just to ruin it over the weekend, every weekend. I finally started calorie counting when we had a big 7 week gap between traveling and now it's time for the next out of town one and I'm not afraid to eat out! I know I will not ruin anything, even if I do end up splurging.

abbyin
04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
2 lbs up, 2 lbs down, 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down . . . I seem to be stuck in a cycle :rolleyes: I need to log my food everyday. Lately, I log my food for a couple of days and then I stop for a couple of days. I will try to be more consistant :yes:

FleurDeLis
04-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Hoopy- Yes, I'm so glad I went for a run yesterday. Definitely made me feel not soooo guilty, though I still did. I'm back on track today though and feel great.

1bighog- It's so great when you can feel confident in eating out. I have done great the last few times we have eaten out. For the first time in trying to lose weight in my life, I truly feel like I'm making a lifestyle change. Before it never seemed like that to me.

Abbyin- Logging my food helps to keep me so accountable. Plus, I'm able to more easily remember what I've eaten and how much more I need to eat each day. Even if I don't get the calories counted, I still right down what I've had. If I went a little overboard, I can look to that day for motivation not to do it again.

I've had a great day so far. Cottage cheese, a banana, and a salad with italian dressing today. Around 300 calories so far.

futureformerfisher
04-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Today is the first time since I started that I went over my limit - not by much, but still - 1238/1200. Although I haven't eaten dinner yet (I always record before I eat), so there's no reason I can't take something out. But I'm really hungry today, which is unusual for me, so I'll just have to squeeze in some extra cardio before bed!

abbyin
04-29-2014, 08:50 PM
1275 calories today. I almost ordered Pizza Hut pizza tonight. Debated on it for about an hour but decided to eat what I had here at home. Baked chicken breast, sweet potato and peas. I was full after that and glad I didn't order the pizza. Glad I made the smart decision :)

1bighog
04-29-2014, 09:10 PM
1275 calories today. I almost ordered Pizza Hut pizza tonight. Debated on it for about an hour but decided to eat what I had here at home. Baked chicken breast, sweet potato and peas. I was full after that and glad I didn't order the pizza. Glad I made the smart decision :)
I had almost the exact same dinner! Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas. :)

I've been in pain today (lower left abdomen)...I think it's just my diverticulosis flaring up. Hope it doesn't last long.

Hoopty
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
Good morning :wave:

Yesterday's calories: 1384
I actually went grocery shopping for the first time in a while. When I carried all the bags upstairs my whole face started hurting and I knew it was time to relax for a moment. That only goes to show that I am definitely not even close to ready to go back to the gym :( But it's okay, I'll wait. I have 5 more days until the stitches get taken out.

I aimed for 1500 calories but couldn't quite make it. Wasn't too hungry for dinner yesterday. I was full and satisfied and I think that's what matters.

Have a great day everyone!

futureformerfisher
04-30-2014, 06:17 PM
So far, so good... I woke up hungry today for the first time ever - I am never hungry in the morning and never eat breakfast - so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm eating better and burning calories!

382/1200 so far today. I'm re-planning dinner right now, but because I accidentally fell asleep late this morning, I missed lunch (and my planned 30 minutes of cardio, whoops), I'm trying to come up with something more substantial than what I originally planned. Maybe steamed shrimp & a salad.

Kscott
04-30-2014, 07:01 PM
I eat strictly 1000 calories a day.. no more no less.. so I stayed within my range! :)

I have got "myfitnesspal" going here, a FREE app you can use on your smart phones. According to my goal weight--140 lbs. I can't eat over 1290 calories a day--of course more if I go to my Jazzercise class.

I love this app--it tells it all--and it's always right in front of you to know where you're at.

I've only got 4 pounds to go!! but I plan on using this app for the rest of my life, because I never wants those pounds sneaking up on me again!

Kscott
04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
So far, so good... I woke up hungry today for the first time ever - I am never hungry in the morning and never eat breakfast - so I'm hoping that's a sign that I'm eating better and burning calories!

382/1200 so far today. I'm re-planning dinner right now, but because I accidentally fell asleep late this morning, I missed lunch (and my planned 30 minutes of cardio, whoops), I'm trying to come up with something more substantial than what I originally planned. Maybe steamed shrimp & a salad.

That's a very good sign when you wake up hungry. It means you're on your way to weight loss. What comes next you'll actually start to feel that fat melting off of your thighs and buttocks--when you lay in bed--and that is a really a cool feeling.

futureformerfisher
04-30-2014, 07:28 PM
That's a very good sign when you wake up hungry. It means you're on your way to weight loss. What comes next you'll actually start to feel that fat melting off of your thighs and buttocks--when you lay in bed--and that is a really a cool feeling.

Counting down the days until I can actually feel (and see!) SOME results! :)

So my near-final count for the day is 903/1200. I'm hungry again (though not OMG I NEED to eat hungry) and I planned on having a ~150 cal snack, but... I hopped on the scale, expecting it to go up a little since it always does after I eat dinner, and instead, it went down: 184.2. I know I didn't randomly lose 2.4 pounds in the course of six hours, but it's definitely motivating :)

FleurDeLis
04-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Came in at 1430 calories today. No exercise though as I woke up late, had a doctor's appt and then had to get back home to finish my online class work for the week. :/ I have another doctor's appt tomorrow, then another appt to go to as well, but I plan on going to the gym afterwards to hit the weights.

Hoopty
05-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Yesterday's calories: 1980 / Exercise calories: ~380

I counted my calories after I had prepared my lunch. I was so hungry after my first day back to work that I decided to do it afterwards. Little did I know that I had gone over but not by that much since I ended up having about 1600 NET calories. I thought about upping my calories on workdays to 1600 anyways.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

futureformerfisher
05-01-2014, 12:19 PM
I've been lazy with working out this week, so I'm making a point to catch up today. So far, 295/1200 and 45 minutes of cardio (and at least another 45 to go). We have tickets to a baseball game tomorrow, so I'm worried I'll lose track of my calories... and play dates on Saturday & Sunday, so I have to work out early this weekend to make it all fit!

FleurDeLis
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I had a killer workout today at the gym. Full body weight lifting. I feel amazing. I weighed myself this morning and came in at 185!!! Heck yeah!!!! I know I'm doing something right here and it's so great.

DH and I are going out for dinner tonight. If I can find calorie counts for my meal I'll tally for the day, otherwise I'm not too worried about it just for tonight.

PatLib
05-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm suppose to eat 1425 to reach 130 pounds by October 12, 2014. 1756 is my calorie count today! Hopefully I can get a run in!

FleurDeLis
05-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Hope you got that run in ParLib!

I was able to enjoy myself for dinner at Bdubs tonight with DH. Back to strict counting tomorrow. We'll be going home for a visit to our parents. I know we'll be getting pizza tomorrow night, but I'm going to skip that for a jr. salad from the pizza place. THey are sooo good and filling. I've already got it tallied at 390 for the salad. The dressing is so good, but is a whopping 420 calories! I know, INSANE. Total of 810 cals for that meal, leaving me 590 for the rest of the day. That is totally doable for me.

I probably won't be posting over the weeked, so look for me again on Monday.

Hoopty
05-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Yesterday's calories: 1597 + 1 hour of an afternoon walk on the trail by the water with DH. Didn't check how many calories I burned doing that.

FleurDeLis - HOLY COW, 420 calories for the dressing alone?? Well at least it was delicious! I'm glad you were able to squeeze them in. Have fun at your parents'! :)

1bighog
05-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Monday 1013/1500
Tuesday 1614/1500
Wednesday 1324/1500
Thursday 1443/1500

So I usually eat fewer calories during the week and bank them for the weekend, but I've come close this week and even gone over one day. I've kind of been fretting about using up all my calories too early this week because I'm going out of town today-Sunday (so eating out at every meal.)

Today also marks 7 weeks alcohol & soda free! I was in a bad mood yesterday and really wanted to crack a bottle of wine open and planned to do so tonight once I got to my destination, but I stepped on the scale and got an awesome birthday present...2.4 pounds down!! I haven't seen this weight since 2009. :) It might have given me the motivation to go a little longer.

I'm 37 years old today, my trainer always creates "birthday workouts" using the numbers of your age/birth date. Today's workout was:

7 single leg ring squat with single arm bicep curl
7 single leg ring squat with single arm bicep curl (other side)
19 woman-maker snatch (kind of a joke, he calls them man makers and the females complain about it...it's a burpee with a weight and you add a snatch)
5 cyclone lunge with press and oblique touchdown
For 2 rounds
(7 & 7 is for 77, year of my birth...19 for the 19 part of the 1977, 5 for May, and 2 for the day)

Then the second part of the workout was
20(0) meters weighted walking lunges with bicep curl
14(0) push press wall ball
37 burpees
(20 & 14 for the current year...he added the 0 to be mean! 2014, 37 for my age)

Do it all for a time. I completed it in 28 minute and burned approx 400 calories. I plan on doing it again at the 9am class!

Hoopty
05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Calories on Friday: 1735 / exercise calories ~380
Calories yesterday: 1886 / exercise calories ~380

This seems to be working for me lately, so I'll stick with it for now.

1bighog - Happy belated birthday!!! :celebrate: What an awesome birthday gift you got for yourself, ha! Keep up the great work!

NewKate2014
05-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Hey all,
Sorry again for the big gap between posts. Just going up and down the same 5lbs at the moment between 177-172. Hoping to get to a new low this week.
Xx

Hoopty
05-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Yesterday's calories: 1535

NewKate2014 - Hellau :wave:

FleurDeLis
05-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Hoopty- Yes, 420 for the dressing alone!!!! I know crazy, right? But I'm pretty sure it's because of the amount they give you that causes it to be so high. I ordered fat free dressing which was like 40 calories. The salad was still delicious without it's signature dressing. Next time though, I think I'll measure out a proper serving with the good stuff!

Had a great weekend. Wasn't able to track calories, but I feel like I ate fairly well. I used to pig out so much when going home for visits, so that was a victory in itself.

I went back to work today after 6 weeks off. They had a fiesta for lunch which was fun. Again, I feel I did well with portioning, but unable to get a true cal count for the day. Back to my number adding roots tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

abbyin
05-05-2014, 09:22 PM
1218 calories for today. Also did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Trying to start the week off right :)

futureformerfisher
05-06-2014, 12:29 AM
1204/1200... the majority of that came from dinner, which was my very first (and successful!) attempt at making chicken marsala. I was a little disappointed when I realized one portion is 1/2 of a chicken breast, but that turned out to be more than enough :) I also used like 1/3 of my dinner calories for Italian bread and yes, yes it was worth it, lol.

Only managed 15 minutes of yoga, but got in 45 minutes on the eliptical and another ~45 playing Just Dance on the Wii, so I feel pretty good about today :) Now if only the stupid scale would agree!

Hoopty
05-06-2014, 06:16 AM
A little higher yesterday: between 1927 and 2027. I'm not sure how many calories exactly because I had some almonds with honey last night and I simply didn't measure anything. I did burn the usual ~ 380 by riding my bike and working.

futureformerfisher
05-06-2014, 07:05 PM
716/1200... A little lower than it should be, but I was having a cruddy day and didn't feel like eating breakfast or lunch. I've been going over a little the last few days too, so maybe a low day isn't so bad. I'll probably finish around 900 after a couple more cups of coffee and maybe a small dessert.

Also skipped working out and walking the dog this morning, I haven't decided if I'll make it up later tonight yet. I should, but... blah.

k15g15
05-06-2014, 08:23 PM
1280 yesterday and 1500 today. I lost one pound last week and I am sure my alcohol intake did not help! I plan on staying 300 calories down each day Wednesday-Friday so I have some padding for the 7 graduation parties I have to go to this weekend.
Stay strong everyone!

Paisleymama
05-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi all, sorry for being MIA. I've been a bit disheartened lately as I've reached a plateau for the longest time. I am still sticking with it, I log into MFP daily but I just don't know what else to do. It sucks seeing everyone overtake you and you're still stuck with the same old flip flop.
I went away with my husband and gained 8 1/2lbs of water weight, I've only got 1 of those lbs left but it sucks.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hello and that I'm still here, just waiting for things to start moving again.

Hoopty
05-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Yesterday's calories: 1884
I went back to the gym for the first time in 13 days after my wisdom teeth removal and I had a great workout. I ran a little over 3 miles and did mostly my legs. It's TOM and I have been weighing kind of the same for the past few days. I'm gonna wait for TOM to be over, and I'm also gonna be going to the gym a lot more so we'll see.

NewKate2014
05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
On the nail with my calories today. Got conjunctivitis from one of the kids at work though so i can't wear contacts and this makes exercise flipping horrible!

Hoopty
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM
1840 calories today. Ran a little less than 5 miles on the treadmill and did strength training.

I made some hummus and I'm having trouble counting the calories. It sucks because chickpeas are pretty high in calories. I kinda just eye it and I hope I'm not too far off.

Hope everyone is doing well!

futureformerfisher
05-07-2014, 07:30 PM
1840 calories today. Ran a little less than 5 miles on the treadmill and did strength training.

I made some hummus and I'm having trouble counting the calories. It sucks because chickpeas are pretty high in calories. I kinda just eye it and I hope I'm not too far off.

Hope everyone is doing well!

It might be too late now but maybe in the future, when I make something from scratch, I make a list of all of the ingredients, weigh/measure exactly how much I add in and look up the calorie count for each ingredient. Then I add up all of those calories, measure how much the combined result is and divide that to figure out the calories in each portion. Does that make sense? I use a dry erase marker on my tupperware and write down what it is, how much a portion is and how many calories are in each portion, so I don't forget!

I definitely made up for my low day yesterday :| 1299/1200 and that's before I have more coffee (and I will have more coffee!), but I had a really good workout this morning - 30 minutes of yoga + an hour of cardio. I don't normally eat my burned calories, but I was HUNGRY today, so eh.

SeeMyFeet
05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Well, I'd like to say I've been taking a "vacation" from weigh-ins and calorie counting, but that would imply that planning and enjoyment were involved. I don't know what I'm doing, but it sure ain't weighing in every day or counting calories. What I've been fearing has happened--a repeat of last year with loss of focus and lack of progress. And some backward progress on top of everything. Sigh.

So I've decided that today is my new birthday...on my "new" birthdays, I get to subtract a year....Day One of starting over...again....stick to it...stick to it....stick to it.....

If I don't have anything else today, my calorie count will be 1120.

Ima gonna go make a salad for tomorrow.

abbyin
05-08-2014, 06:50 AM
1283 calories for Tuesday and yesterday was a bust. I didn't even bother counting. I see, by the comments in the thread, that I'm not the only one struggling to stay on track :(

Stay strong ladies!

SeeMyFeet
05-08-2014, 10:17 AM
....staying on track, indeed....

Day one was a flub--I had an alcoholic beverage last night. Ugh.
So TODAY is my new birthday. Or maybe the first day of my new calendar--time to make some resolutions. Again.

Building that Stick-To-It muscle in my head. 2 glasses of chocolate milk for breakfast. (I'm still craving milk and still have tinnitus :dizzy: ) Got my big salad for lunch and dinner. Let's get crackin'!

Paisleymama
05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
1254 cals today. Not loving my slump at all. I'm sick and tired of eating food I don't like, of second guessing everything that goes in my mouth & the whole process in general. Off to look at the Goal photo album to get some inspiration and motivation.

k15g15
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I have been on a roller coaster of eating...two days I had 400 calories to spare and then yesterday I was over by 300. Today I will be on target at 1500. I more pound down....

Keep it up!!

futureformerfisher
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Another low day today, 350 below limit. And I had a big dinner, so I doubt I'll eat again tonight, although I'll definitely have more coffee. My new goal is to eat breakfast every single day, because on days that I do, I tend to wake up hungry the next morning and I spread my calories out better throughout the day instead of flip-flopping between high and low days.

abbyin
05-08-2014, 09:53 PM
1177 calories for today. Also down 1 lb so that's a good thing :)

LapisTz
05-09-2014, 09:04 AM
1160 for yesterday. Two weeks since restarting. Woot.

Hoopty
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Yesterday: 1585 calories
Today: 1758 calories

abbyin
05-09-2014, 09:36 PM
1251 today. Gonna try real hard to stay on track this weekend. Wishing everyone a great weekend!

futureformerfisher
05-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I have ~150 left for the day (although I'm drinking 45 of them right now, haha). I had a decent workout - not as long or intense as I planned, but longer than my usual workout. I also made last-minute plans with a friend for dinner and probably would have blown my otherwise great day if I didn't a) have MFP to help plan my meal while waiting in line to order it, and b) said friend wasn't so awesome and supportive about my weight loss. Seriously, there's nothing like hearing the words, "I'm so proud of you!" from someone you love and trust.

I moved my off day from Saturday to Sunday this week, and I was debating whether I should make today my off day just because of dinner, so I'm so glad I have a friend like her who helps keep me in line <3

oxalis
05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi Everyone! And Happy Saturday!

I'd like to jump in here for the rest of the month of May. I recently regained 10-12 pounds and am in need of some accountability to re-lose them. I post in the Daily Accountability thread as well, but I'd like to be about the talk about the specifics of what I am eating/planning to eat here!

I am a calorie counter, just not a strict one. I've written my calories down everyday for over 2 years (until last month when I gained the weight back), but never had a specific limit in mind. It was more about being conscientious of the amount I was consuming everyday, no matter what.

This time, I'd like to make a commitment to stay under 1,300 until June 1st, and then reassess. I'm a little nervous about having an actually goal to hit, but I think I can do it!

-----------

Tonight I have a party to go to and since it's a pretty big celebratory event, there is going to be tons of food there, good and bad. I have a tendency to overeat in any sort of social situation. My plan is to eat a large early dinner, so when I show up I am completely full. I would normally just restrict eating until the event, but this party is later in the evening and I hate the feeling of eating too much at night, even if it is within my calories.

Today's Weight: 139.7
Yesterday's Calories: 1,210
Yesterday's Exercise: 0

k15g15
05-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I had 1160 calories yesterday. I have two graduation parties today so I 420 calories for breakfast and I am going to attempt to drink water all day so that I can have a piece of cake with some dinner at these graduations tonight.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

1bighog
05-10-2014, 07:47 PM
My trainer canceled workout class for today so I'm over on calories right now (by 42.) I think I'm going to do a quick workout on my own with some of his signature moves. I just finished eating though, so I'll go finish laundry and then try it.

I'm seriously thinking about doing a maintenance week next week. That'll give me 2000 calories/day (I'm doing 1500 right now) and I won't eat back my workout calories burned. Another thing I won't do is have any soda (8 weeks soda-free!) But, I'm just tired of calorie counting right now. And I might be at a plateau; hard to tell since it's just one week with no loss. OR, something else I wanted to try was to up my calories to 1600 but NOT count my workouts. Advice?

CalCounter1003
05-10-2014, 11:05 PM
My trainer canceled workout class for today so I'm over on calories right now (by 42.) I think I'm going to do a quick workout on my own with some of his signature moves. I just finished eating though, so I'll go finish laundry and then try it.

I'm seriously thinking about doing a maintenance week next week. That'll give me 2000 calories/day (I'm doing 1500 right now) and I won't eat back my workout calories burned. Another thing I won't do is have any soda (8 weeks soda-free!) But, I'm just tired of calorie counting right now. And I might be at a plateau; hard to tell since it's just one week with no loss. OR, something else I wanted to try was to up my calories to 1600 but NOT count my workouts. Advice?

I would go to 1600 or 1700 instead of 2000. When I started maintenance the wise maintainers told me to increase slowly. I'm just getting to 2000-2100 after about ten weeks of maintenance. I've lost about 6 on maintenance because it is hard to get the extra calories in without eating total junk! But I feel great. So what I'm saying is even though I have been increasing slowly about 50-100 a week, I'm still losing. I have been adding quite a bit more the past few days so I don't lose anymore. I still count my exercise and eat it back.

Hoopty
05-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Yesterday's calories: 3420 (date day with DH)

Phew, now that's a number right there! I didn't eat a lot quantity wise but I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting that was darn high in calories, plus french toast + croissant + bacon for breakfast. We went to the gym at 8pm and I had a pretty intense workout: 34min HIIT run on the treadmill plus leg exercises. I decided to do a big muscle group due to all the calories I had eaten. It was definitely worth it though :)

oxalis
05-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Yesterday's Calories - Just at 1,300 calories for my first day, I barely made it! The scale is up a pound but I drank a ton of water before the party to help me get through the night without eating over my calories. I allotted 300 for the night which was just right for some fruit salad, salsa, and wine.

Today - Day two, party number two (ugh!) Going to my mother's house, where there will be sandwiches and cake. Good news is that this will be during the day, so I don't have to worry about eating at night and we will be going for a long walk. I also splurged on some cherries at the market to bring with.

Today's Weight: 140.7
Yesterday's Calories: 1,300
Yesterday's Exercise: 710

Hoopty
05-11-2014, 06:28 PM
1598 calories today. The scale was down this morning, hoping this will continue.

abbyin
05-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Well, try as I may, the weekend was a bust and I'm up 2 lbs this morning. Love picnics but they don't love me :)

Oh well, on to a new week.

1bighog - I also would stay about 1700 calories a day. I try to stay around 1250 and I never add back in my exercise. But that's just me :)

SeeMyFeet
05-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Checking in to help remind me to stay on track today. Today is a new day. First day of the rest of my life. And all that. Mean it.

oxalis
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Yesterday I came in just under my goal of 1,300, at 1,290. It was pretty tough, but I'm glad I stuck to it because if I didn't I would have definitely overeaten my way to 3,000+ calories. My mother had a huge lunch prepared, so I didn't eat before or after, just ate heartily then, and that was that. Drank water for the rest of the evening.

Today's Weight: 140.9
Yesterday's Calories: 1,290

PatLib
05-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Netted 1303 calories today!

Katie816
05-12-2014, 11:03 PM
1206 calories today. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 a day.

1bighog
05-13-2014, 07:24 AM
I would go to 1600 or 1700 instead of 2000. When I started maintenance the wise maintainers told me to increase slowly. I'm just getting to 2000-2100 after about ten weeks of maintenance. I've lost about 6 on maintenance because it is hard to get the extra calories in without eating total junk! But I feel great. So what I'm saying is even though I have been increasing slowly about 50-100 a week, I'm still losing. I have been adding quite a bit more the past few days so I don't lose anymore. I still count my exercise and eat it back.
Thanks! I never thought of that, so I'm really glad you spoke up! I probably would have ended up with a gain! But because of what you said, I decided to stick with my plan. :) I'm down 2 pounds this week so far.

oxalis
05-13-2014, 07:31 AM
Came in under my calorie allowance yesterday because I got home late and didn't want to eat after 6.

Today's Weight: 138.2
Yesterday's Calories: 1,150/1,300

Hoopty
05-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Yesterday's calories: 1548
These past 2 days were rest days, tonight we're going back to the gym so I'm aiming for 1800 calories today.

FleurDeLis
05-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Still fighting the fight. Weighed in the other day, but that was a bad idea. I knew I was swollen and was holding a lot of water weight. I'm waiting a few days before I check in again.

I feel like I've been doing great food wise and exercise wise. Had a granola bar-150 cals for breakfast today. I will eat a Michelina's meal for lunch which should be under 400 calories. Not sure what dinner will be. Husband and I are eating different things because he recently had his wisdom teeth removed. Maybe he'll be up for some real food tonight!

FleurDeLis
05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Just had lunch not too long ago. Sweet an sour chicken Michelina's dinner- 330 cals and a small bit of potato salad. I should have avoided it as I just looked up the calorie count and for 1 cup of potato salad it's 357 calories. Holy smokes!:yikes: Luckily, I don't think I had a cup full of it, but I'm still scared to think how many calories it really was. I'm not going to worry much about it as it should be burned off between swimming and cycling class or mowing the lawn.

So total number of calories for sure is 480 so far, though like I said, it is obviously higher than that. I don't usual eat back any calories that I burn off, but for today I guess we will!

k15g15
05-13-2014, 09:44 PM
1490 for today and I DID exercise for 45 minutes for the last two days...at last!

Keep pushing everyone!

Katie816
05-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Calories: 1445

Excercise: 1 hour on the recumbant bike and Chalean Extreme- Burn phase 1, Week 1.

oxalis
05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Sitting right at 1,300 yesterday. Scale still the same!

Today's Weight: 138.2
Yesterday's Calories: 1,300

FleurDeLis
05-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Breakfast- grits and 2tsp of sugar. 140cals

randaom snack: one donut hole 57.5cals

lunch- chicken and penne pasta- 300 cals
1 tagalong cookie- 70cals

567.5cals total so far for the day.
I'll be going to the gym after work to complete my weight lifting routine.

Weighed in at 185.5 this morning. I was 187 over the weekend, but I'm thinking it was mostly due to water weight as I was really swollen when I weighed in. Drank two pops the night before and didn't drink enough water. I'm working so hard at eating properly, I'd like to see some more progress. I did measure my waist yesterday as a way to track progress.

Paisleymama
05-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Just over 1300 for today, trying to get back down to 1200.
I've been told I can't do any vigorous exercise due to an ongoing condition. Ever again. But I need to lose weight.

This totally blows. I keep stalling and now I can't even move the weight off. I guess lots of small walks will have to do.

Candidcamster
05-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi everyone, I am supposed to have 1830 a day, but I usually go over, not today though.
For breakfast I ate - a sliced Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Evol breakfast egg & gouda cheese flatbread breakfast sandwich, Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin and Trader Joe's seaweed ( altogether a 640 calorie breakfast).

For lunch I just enjoyed (2) Tofurky sandwiches (made with a total of 10 slices/2 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 2 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 790 *whoa lol*.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Pizza veggie burger on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun and topped with a slice of Trader Joe's Organic American cheese (1/2 a slice), I can and probably will have another Vita Top muffin calorie wise my little dinner is 295 calories (without the Vita Top muffin, with the Vita Top it becomes 395 calories).

I weighed in today at 294.8 which is up from my lowest weight of 289.4 11 days ago, I've had a problem with binging over the past couple of weeks.

Munchy
05-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Candidcamster if you want to cut your calories down a little bit more, Sara Lee, Wonder, and a few other brands make 80 calorie hot dog buns instead of the 140 for the TJ honey wheat. There are also a host of high fiber/low carb wraps that will run you 80-90 calories each (ole wellness, la tortilla factory, and fiber one) or sandwich thins and sandwich buns that are only 100 calories and work awesome with burgers. I LOVE my burgers in lettuce, though!

Just a thought :)

stunningsparkle
05-14-2014, 03:01 PM
I keep going over my calories by about 150 :( Monday because I ate out with a friend and then yesterday because of a work lunch that I didn't know about (aka plan for - we ate out as well). Today I will stay within my range!

Hoopty
05-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Yesterday's calories: 1690
Today's calories: 1980

Didn't quite make my goal of 1800 yesterday but definitely made up for it today. Tomorrow will be a rest day from the gym so I'm gonna aim for 1600.

CalCounter1003
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Paisley,
So sorry about the exercise.
Well I've lost over 50 with just walking and calorie counting so you can do it too! And I'm old and have a slower metabolism, so you can definitely do it.

Lots of new calorie counters! I'm still in maintenance, which is forever, actually.
I am trying to read as much as I can and get tips on how to become one of the small percentage of people that keeps if off! I'm very motivated, still walking six days a week and entering food into MFP. I am actually about six under my goal and I went shopping today and can wear size eight. I've never been an eight. A couple times I lost enough to wear a ten but I would immediately gain it back and be in 12s which I was fine with. I don't want to lose any more, just stay right around this 144 that I'm at. I'm eating around 2000 or a little each day and I may increase a little more if I lose any more. The school year ends (yay) in a few weeks and I have a really crazy summer traveling so it will be a learning experience for me to eat not at home all the time, and not doing my usual exercise.

I know it is slow to lose and you can get frustrated but I can tell you it is worth it. It's not like my life has changed but I just feel so much better. Healthy and fit. I still can't believe I'm a normal weight! It just seems like everything is easier. I've had some bad news delivered to me lately and I know it sounds ridiculous but I just talked myself out of getting down about it. Of course being a normal weight shouldn't change my outlook but somehow it has. I just feel better in my classroom teaching, (and it's not like I'm trying to impress my students, lol), even walking out to my car which is a long walk carrying my heavy piles of papers and stuff is easier. So... Keep plugging away. If you go over, it's fine! Just get back to normal calories the next day. One meal over, one day over does not ruin it! :hug:

And as I always say... Walk. ... Just 10, 15, or 30 minutes will make you feel better! :carrot:

Candidcamster
05-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Candidcamster if you want to cut your calories down a little bit more, Sara Lee, Wonder, and a few other brands make 80 calorie hot dog buns instead of the 140 for the TJ honey wheat. There are also a host of high fiber/low carb wraps that will run you 80-90 calories each (ole wellness, la tortilla factory, and fiber one) or sandwich thins and sandwich buns that are only 100 calories and work awesome with burgers. I LOVE my burgers in lettuce, though!

Just a thought :)

Thank you Munchy, I'll have to check that out my next trip to Kroger. :)

futureformerfisher
05-14-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm getting lazy, yesterday I hit my limit and then ate back 100 (although I did have an extra-long workout, too) and today I'm 21 over, and I'm gonna want more coffee at least once. I didn't feel bad at all yesterday, but I ended up skipping the gym this morning because I was so tired. I need to recommit.

FleurDeLis
05-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Calcounter- Thank you so very much for your encouraging post! I had totaled 567 cals during the day. For dinner I didn't count my calories as my husband made some chicken salad. I put quite a bit on the sandwich because I didn't want the small amount left over to be wasted. Ugh. Had some baked lays with it. For dessert I had 1/2 of a package of swiss roll. I know it probably wasn't a major disaster, but I know I shouldn't have had so much of the chicken salad. :/

Back to it tomorrow, minor setback.

PatLib
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
1,500 today!

oxalis
05-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Turning in with 1,125 for the day! I planned on eating my full allowance of 1,300 but I already brushed my teeth so forget it :/

Food Today: 1 egg and ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 small avocado, and coffee.

Katie816
05-14-2014, 09:59 PM
1274 today.

Dottington
05-15-2014, 12:19 AM
Hey! Can I join in :) I've actually been a calorie counter all along, but I'm really trying to get more serious now that I'm close to goal and want some more accountability ;)

I try and stay around 1600-1700. Today was 1680, also I went on a 3.5m hike.

Candidcamster
05-15-2014, 02:44 PM
Hey everybody, I am on 1830 calories a day, and I am trying to get down to 286 lbs. by May 30th (wish me luck!) by sticking to those calories.

For breakfast I ate - a sliced Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 840 *yikes lol*.

For lunch I just enjoyed (1) Vita Tops Carrot Cake Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 160.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating Tofurky Vegan Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, the whole pizza! If I have the cheese the calories is 720, but if I have the pepperoni it is 810.

I weighed in today at 292.4 which is down from yesterday at 294.8 (I know I shouldn't weigh everyday due to fluctuations but I couldn't resist :D ) , I have 6.4 lbs. to go to reach my mini goal!

futureformerfisher
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Good luck candidcamster - I also weigh every day in the morning, I don't think it's a bad idea! I have an "official" weigh-in on Sunday morning, but it motivates me to see progress during the week.

1149/1200 today. Just enough for a couple more cups of coffee :) I more than made up for skipping the gym yesterday and I still have a yoga class tonight.

oxalis
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Good luck Candidcamster, you can do it!

Checking in with 1,300 calories today! A few days ago I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stick to this limit but everyday it is getting easier and easier.

Food Today: Whole wheat everything bagel - plain, Dove milk chocolate bar (oh yes I did!), 1 can of tuna with wasa crackers, vege sushi roll, salad, coffee.

Candidcamster
05-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Thank you so much @ futureformerfisher & oxalis!:hug:

SeeMyFeet
05-15-2014, 08:51 PM
so far about 700 calories today, but seems like a lot more than that. :dizzy:

Had some potatoes with dinner. Bad penguin! Bad penguin!
I have GOT to get the carbs lower so I can get rid of this bloat. Feeling so uncomfortable...and the tinnitus is getting worse. :(

Still struggling to get back on track. Did some shopping at the grocers, and now have salads divvied up for the next few days. And grapes. And strawberries.

Looks like we have some coffee drinkers here! It's become a baaad habit for me. I'm trying to replace it with tea.

Time to get occupied and avoid temptations.

Dottington
05-16-2014, 12:31 AM
SeeMyFeet-Sorry about the bloat and tinnitus! That's awful the tinnitus is getting worse, hope you feel better! Great job on planning out salads though :)

Great job staying within your limits oxalis and futureformerfisher!

candidcamster-You're so close to your mini goal, that's awesome! I love roasted seaweed and really most seaweed in general. Have you had seaweed salad? So good.

Ending today at 1539. Noticed a decrease in hunger lately which is odd. Maybe the warm weather? Going to do some strength training before bed now.

Hoopty
05-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Yesterday's calories: 1669
I prepared some sweet potatoes with asparagus and rosemary that I wanted to roast when I came back from work. Because I was so hungry, I called DH and asked for him to throw it in the oven for me. Unfortunately, he added more oil to it and DH is someone who uses a lot of oil for roasting/pan frying. I got a little bit annoyed which is super stupid and mean of me, but I felt like I had no control and didn't know how many calories were added to my meal. So, I went over by a little tiny bit and had to stick to veggies for dinner.

Aiming for 1600-1700 calories today. It's a relaxing pamper day at home for me but we're also going to the gym tonight.

SeeMyFeet
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Well yesterday didn't hold up too well. Late night strawberry and chicken leftovers. Plus a half cup of coffee which kept me awake. Stoopid me.

Measured out my cereal this morning and was thinking about a post I read here some time ago. The poster thought it was silly to measure out one's food, until she caught herself measuring out pet food and plant food. She then realized "if it keeps my pets and plants healthy, then why not do that for myself?" aaaaaAAAAAaaaahhh! Epiphany!

So I was thinking about my future blossoms...and long lustrous tendrils...and feeling happy about measuring my poop-o-genic Kellog's All Bran Buds this morning....You know, that "Good For Me/Pat Myself on the Back" feeling....Then I read the Margaret Cho "F***it Diet" piece that wannabeskinny posted over on Chicks in Control. I find that philosophy quite agreeable as well. And now my brain is overheating! Measure and be mindful/F*it/measure and be mindful/F*it!.....aaaiieee!

(Sorry about the Bad Word....my thesaurus didn't provide a good substitute phrase that would convey all the feelings of anger, disregard, flippancy, and rebelliousness that are conveyed in that little phrase. Yes, I did consult a thesaurus. One can learn a lot from consulting a thesaurus.)

Well, ok, my brain is not really confused....I'm the Measure and be Mindful type. Sigh. At least for now...when I'm running marathons and exercising 10 hours a day, things might be different.

Thanks for the well wishes, Dottington. The tinnitus is more worrisome and annoying than awful. I'm trying not to see it as a sign that things are falling apart. I developed a perfect routine of taking daily vitamins and supplements at the beginning of the year, and I'm wondering if that contributed. oooOOooo, I know, I'll just pretend that aliens are trying to communicate with me. Special ears, and all. Good thing you're friends with me...You'll be the first to hear about their plans for us!

Candidcamster
05-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Hi Dottington! Thank you for the words of encouragement, it's hard because I am addicted to food, but I really want to accomplish this goal (I've been good about not cheating over the past handful of days). I am now 291.4 lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day, here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I ate - 1/2 Tofurky Vegan Cheese Pizza sliced, Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Vita Tops Deep Carrot Cake muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 810 *whoa lol*.

For lunch I ate (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 550.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating the other half of my Tofurky Vegan Cheese Pizza! This is approximately 360 calories, add a Vita Muffin (which I may since I have some calories left over) and it becomes 460 calories for dinner.

I am now 5.4 lbs. to go to reach my mini goal of 286 lbs.!

Hoopty
05-16-2014, 05:07 PM
1791 calories today.
I ran a little over 5km on the treadmill and did 30min of strength training. I'm super tired and happy that tomorrow will be a rest day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

oxalis
05-17-2014, 12:11 AM
I *think* I am a little over my 1,300 calorie allowance today... probably somewhere around 1,350-1,400. But I am totally okay with it because I worked my butt off this week!

Food Today: Egg sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 small avocado, baby carrots, large curd cottage cheese w/ strawberries, a very tiny salad, 1/2 plain strip steak w/ a few bites of rice, coffee.

CalCounter1003
05-17-2014, 10:00 AM
There is a new salad at Panera bread called something like strawberry chicken poppy seed. I got with a pick two and it says it has 170 calories. I don't see how it's possible. It is delicious and if it only has 170 for half or 340 for a whole it's amazing but I just can't fathom it. There are blueberries, strawberries, nuts, orange slides and the dressing. And of course lettuce. Maybe the guy that made mine put in more than he was supposed to. Anyway, if you have a Panera near by I recommend the salad, but curious on calories! Of course with the pick two you have to get something else. I used to get two salads in a pick two because I saved one. I did that a few times and then one day the manager took my order and he said "you can't get two salads!" I said I had done it before and he said it is not allowed and that was a mistake but he would do it this one time. So now I just pick one of the sandwiches or soups. The bread adds 180 cals which I can't resist usually.

Dottington
05-17-2014, 12:43 PM
SeeMyFeet-lol I'm glad that I'll have insider information for the coming invasion ;)

Candidcamster-Great job staying on plan :)

Hoopty-You're such a beast in the gym!

Oxalis-Being a little over won't cause any harm, especially with how hard you've been working.

calcounter-Nice find with the salad!

Yesterday ended around 1422 and did 3 mile hike. It was warm! Started at 8:30 and it was almost 90 already :dancer: Today I think I'm going to the beach. I'm thinking cals will probably be closer to maintenance.

Candidcamster
05-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone, I am now 290.8 lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day, here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun), ,Half a 100 calories Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 790.

For lunch I ate (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 555.

Lastly for dinner I'm having (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) and 3 slices of Tofurky possibly (at 60 calories) 455 calories for dinner.

I am now 4.8 lbs. to goal of 286 lbs.!

oxalis
05-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Checking in with 1,300 calories today! The scale went down a little for me today so I am happy :)

Food Today: Large salad with a little chicken, garlic bagel (plain/toasted), 1 can of tuna w/ real mayo and wasa crackers, 1 small avocado, 10 green olives, 1 large peach, handful of cherries, coffee.

katerina11
05-17-2014, 08:28 PM
i count calories, trying to find my way through this, and would like to join this thread, if it's ok.

May
date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day

overdid it today. i did not shop like i should have and was a bit careless. trying to keep it around 2200.

katerina11
05-17-2014, 09:16 PM
There is a new salad at Panera bread called something like strawberry chicken poppy seed. I got with a pick two and it says it has 170 calories. I don't see how it's possible. It is delicious and if it only has 170 for half or 340 for a whole it's amazing but I just can't fathom it. There are blueberries, strawberries, nuts, orange slides and the dressing. And of course lettuce. Maybe the guy that made mine put in more than he was supposed to. Anyway, if you have a Panera near by I recommend the salad, but curious on calories! Of course with the pick two you have to get something else. I used to get two salads in a pick two because I saved one. I did that a few times and then one day the manager took my order and he said "you can't get two salads!" I said I had done it before and he said it is not allowed and that was a mistake but he would do it this one time. So now I just pick one of the sandwiches or soups. The bread adds 180 cals which I can't resist usually.

oh, they've had that salad before. i think they serve it only in summertime. those calories are so low!! i wish we had a panera bakery here because i would definitely put that salad on heavy rotation.

i am travelling for a couple weeks coming up and will be looking for panera while out and about. thanks for the heads up!

Hoopty
05-18-2014, 03:55 AM
Had close to 3000 calories yesterday because I binged at night.
Aiming for 1400 today and lots of water/green tea.

Dottington - Stahp it! :D You're the one who goes on crazy hikes, you're the beast here :D Gah the beach...I wish we had one here. I hope you had lots of fun!

SeeMyFeet
05-18-2014, 12:38 PM
H'lo Shrinkers!

Well, I am doing a good job counting and logging the calories, but not such a good job reducing them! Eating healthy home-cooked meals with fruits & veggies, but over my limit. Nonetheless, some of this "bloat" is coming off. At this rate, it will take about 10 days for me to get back to my ticker weight, but to achieve even that, I expect I will need to take the calories lower. Starting today. Sigh.

Thanks for the Panera salad tip, CalCounter! I don't eat out often, but I do need to schedule a lunch soon. I will look for that one on the menu. On second thought, I love strawberries, but I don't like fruit on my salad. Is it tasty? I like their salad with sesame and chicken, and I usually get 2 meals out of that one.

I would ask Candidcamster what "tofurkey" is...or I would google it...but frankly, I am having too much fun not knowing. (and mispronouncing!)

Dottington
05-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Yesterday ended at 2600. Sat is always my roughest day! Honestly I wasn't doing too badly till I realized my boyfriend still had some of my favorite gluten free cookies hidden away and ATE THEM ALL!
Beach was a lot of fun, got to try out my new bikini :D I felt a little self conscious in it though, but got over it ;) Did a fair amount of walking yesterday so hopefully that offset the binge a little. Today I really want to go on a hike, we'll see if we're able to fit one in. Aiming for 1600 today after yesterday's cookie monster incident.

Hoopty-haha I guess we're both beasts in different ways ;) It was fun! A little cold though(or that could just be the anemia talking, my bf kept complaining about the heat :p)

seemyfeet-I have the same issue a lot of the time-eating healthy but too many calories-don't worry, you'll find places to cut some out as you keep logging and counting.

Katarina-I must say, I really admire your protein intake!

oxalis-congrats on the loss :)

candidcamster-keep up the great work!

katerina11
05-18-2014, 03:23 PM
dottington, lol. i eat a boatload of meat. thankfully i love it and i'm also desperate to keep my muscle and strength while i cut. so chicken breasts and tuna it is.

and i am happy to hear you got over the self conscious moment about wearing your new bikini. if you look anything like your avi these days, you are smokin!

i got my meal planning and grocery shopping done. now i just have to start assembling and organizing and i will have set myself up to have every opportunity to succeed this week. :carrot:

CalCounter1003
05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
SeeMyFeet, if you don't like fruit on a salad you wouldn't like it because there is a lot of fruit on it. I pack a salad every weekday for lunch and I always put a few grapes in it. I love it but DH hates fruit in his salad too.

I only eat out lunch on the weekends because as a teacher there is no time during the week. However the summer will be interesting as I am going to be traveling a lot.

futureformerfisher
05-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Whoops, I went a little overboard this weekend and my one day off turned into two days off... but I managed to only go over by ~200 on Friday and stayed under 2000 on Saturday. I'm at 763/1200 after dinner for today, though, so it'll even out.

I need to find some new breakfast and lunch recipes, I'm getting sick of cereal, shrimp and salads every single day. I skipped lunch today because not eating was more appetizing than yet another salad :/

Hoopty
05-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Today's calories: 1208
I realized this morning that I had about 4000 calories yesterday, not 3000.
Anyways, I ran 5.5 km on the treadmill and did 30 min of strength training. I ended up not being too hungry today and didn't quite make the 1400 but I did drink 3 liters of water/green tea with lemon.
I'm gonna aim for 1400 again tomorrow, probably won't run the treadmill but ride the stationary bike instead if we go to the gym.

Dottington - Bahahaha, I know what you're talking about. DH is always hot while I freeze my butt off :D You're looking super nice in your pic! I can't believe you've lost 60 lbs already! Keep up the great work (and hikes) ;-)

Candidcamster
05-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Aloha everyone, I am now 289.2. lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day (I will be over by 60 calories, ah well), here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Whole Foods Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun) and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 740.

For lunch I ate (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 555.

For a snack between lunch & dinner I ate 5 Tofurky slices rolled up with a little blue cheese + Vita Tops Carrot Cake muffin my snack was about 200 calories (using some of the leftover cheese from my breakfast sandwich so I am not counting it twice).

Lastly for dinner I'm having (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) 395 calories for dinner.

I am now 3.2 lbs. to goal of 286 lbs.! Also I tried Apple Cider Vinegar w/water last night and it was gross, but I think it is good for me so I'm going to keep drinking that before I got to bed.

katerina11
05-18-2014, 08:04 PM
May
16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
18. 225.0 - 2,308 calories - 219 carbs 124 fats 131 protein - rest day

i lost track in the middle of the day, and ended up under protein. i don't think that's terrible because i have had the weekend off, but i just can't do that during the week.

oxalis
05-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Ending the day around 1,300-1,400 calories (and NOT good ones, mind you). I am not full, not satisfied, and feel horrible. And I'm sure the scale will not be kind tomorrow. :(

Dottington - Sunday seems to be the hardest day for me to stay on plan!

Food Today: Thai Lunch (shredded steak salad & cashew chicken with rice - I did not eat the cashews or veg, just chicken w/rice), 3 plain chicken wings, 2.5 chocolate covered pretzel rods, 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

SeeMyFeet
05-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Good day today...1034 cals...finally, back on track!

Here's to a great work or school week, everyone!

Dottington
05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Ended around 1700/1800ish yesterday. Which for a sunday is good for me! Also didn't go out to eat this weekend :D Yesterday got a 4 mile hike in. Now off to a busy week of school :p

seemyfeet-great job getting back on track!

oxalis-try not to stress so much, you've been doing very well! Its not about being perfect :) Isn't it funny how we all have that one day that we want to eat more on? I don't know why sat has come to mean "binge day" to me, but I'm really trying to get out of that mindset!

katarina-I'm sure you'll be fine with the protein since it wasn't a training day. I have to watch mine carefully, I always have trouble getting it in :dizzy: Thanks! That's actually a pic my bf took of me sat at the beach in my new suit :)

hoopty-thanks girl ;) You're doing so well too! Eh one 4000 calorie day really isn't that big of a deal, you're so active you can easily work off any minor gain it might have caused.

candidcamster-keep up the good work!

futureformerfisher-great job not going over too much, I think you did great actually. My ultimate goal is to get my saturdays under 2000 :o If you're bored of your meals try checking out in Fabulous Finds the lunch and dinner pages where people post their meals-might be good for some ideas. I eat a lot of salads and vary it by doing different themes(like japanese, thai, mexican ect)

Novus
05-19-2014, 01:38 PM
I'd like to join, if I may. I calorie count, do low carb (no plan, just aiming for 60-75 grams per day), and eat wheat-free.

Here's my info from yesterday...

Breakfast: Sweet Omelet, used as a “crepe” for a cheese blintz, with mixed berry compote; Al Fresco Wild Blueberry Chicken Sausage
Lunch: Roast chicken; Twice-Baked Cauliflower; sliced strawberies & kiwi
Dinner: Szechuan veggie-shrimp stirfry served over sautéed broccoli slaw; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1125
Carbs (target = 60-77) 60
Fat (target = 65-86) 67
Protein (target = 90-116) 76

oxalis
05-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Checking in with 1,010 calories today. I'm done eating for the day, just not hungry anymore! Lots of water left to drink though.

Dottington: you know, eating out accounts for most of my calories on Sundays, I should quit doing that - I could save some money too.

Food Today: small almond milk/yogurt/kale smoothie, small salad, ham sandwich on whole wheat, 1 small avocado, 1 peach, 1 blueberry bagel (plain), coffee.

Hoopty
05-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Today's calories: 1531
I was super hungry after the gym so I ate a little more and went over 1400. I am so tired and about to go to bed. I'm working late tomorrow, so no gym. I need a rest day anyways.

Novus
05-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Monday May 19

Breakfast: Scotch Eggs; Berry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bar
Lunch: Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs; mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes; apple slices with homemade almond butter
Dinner: Salt & Vinegar Crispy Baked Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce; steamed snap peas & baby carrots; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1245
Carbs (target = 60-77) 56
Fat (target = 65-86) 77
Protein (target = 90-116) 86

Candidcamster
05-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Howdy!

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured)and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 620.

For lunch I ate Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup (whole can), Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun and Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack containers x2.. Total lunch calories is 695.

Lastly for dinner I'm having (6) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 535 calories for dinner.

I weighed myself with different clothes and came in at .2 lbs. heavier (289.4) but with my clothes off I was 287.8 lbs. I am so excited! :)

katerina11
05-19-2014, 11:09 PM
candid, i'm so happy for you! :carrot:

i like reading what different people eat. gives me ideas for lighter things i can focus on.

May
19. 225.0 - 2,145 calories - 142 carbs 94 fats 174 protein - squats bench kettlebell 2 hours 40 minutes total.

meal 1 - coffee with half n half
meal 2 - protein meal replacement drink during workout
meal 3 - salad with light ginger dressing and chicken breast
meal 4 - skinny cow mint ice cream sandwich :rolleyes:
meal 5 - 12 oz ribeye steak with 8 ounces mushrooms cooked up in the pan juices with wine reduction
meal 6 - fruit smoothie - silk coconut milk, half n half, 2.5 cups frozen fruit with a couple drops of almond extract

SeeMyFeet
05-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Hmmmm.....not so good today. 1442 cals, including flatbread with hummus. What's wrong with me? Only have room for some hot tea tonight.

Hey, what's with the kitchen spam? I've been posting notice. Can you help get rid of it?

Dottington
05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Ended yesterday at 1539. It was a rest day. This morning I'm excited to go to the pool for a swim :D School is super busy this week :dizzy: But this weekend me and my bf are going away and I'm sooooo excited. The thought of it is getting me through everything :D

CalCounter1003
05-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Hmmmm.....not so good today. 1442 cals, including flatbread with hummus. What's wrong with me? Only have room for some hot tea tonight.

Hey, what's with the kitchen spam? I've been posting notice. Can you help get rid of it?
What do you mean about the kitchen spam?
Is that an ad you are getting on this page?

Hoopty
05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Today's calories: ~ 2800
Half came from good food, half from cookies/mug brownie/mug blueberry muffin. Sigh. That was the second binge this week. I'm on the wrong track and need to get back on the wagon, now. I gotta stop giving into my cravings like that because it always leads to more and more junk. I can only deal with planned splurge days. So I have to make a plan tomorrow and figure out how many calories I'm gonna go with these next few days and when my next splurge day is gonna be.

futureformerfisher
05-20-2014, 05:31 PM

I've been having an issue with some weird game add popping up and then opening the App Store on my phone for the last two days :/

1198/1200 yesterday, and that was after some ice cream. I'm very low today because I haven't had a chance to eat yet, but I'll make up for it at dinner :)

k15g15
05-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Hello! I have had two slightly off days and two on for my calories. I have been working out everyday at 5 am though. I went to court today and I am now happily divorced and I am proud that I did not use food to control my emotions these last six weeks before today. I am down two more pounds :)

Everyone keep going!!

Novus
05-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Tuesday May 20

Breakfast: Cheesy Mushroom Baked Eggs; sausage patty; cottage cheese with applesauce
Lunch: Barbecue-Ranch Chicken Salad; mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes; mixed berries
Snack: Cheddar cheese; green olives; cantaloupe
Dinner: Chicken Drumsticks glazed with strawberry-Sriracha sauce; Broccoli Salad with Oranges & Honey-Roasted Walnuts

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1237
Carbs (target = 60-77) 61
Fat (target = 65-86) 65
Protein (target = 90-116) 101

oxalis
05-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Ugh, went over my calories today by 180 - partly because of incorrect signage at the supermarket :(

Today's Calories: 1,480 (I typed out my list but then my computer glitched and I lost it all!)

katerina11
05-20-2014, 07:36 PM
May
19. 225.0 - 2,145 calories - 142 carbs 94 fats 174 protein - squats bench kettlebell 2 hours 40 minutes total.
20. 225.2 - 2,217 calories - 166 carbs 112 fats 144 protein - active recovery/conditioning 1 hour total

SeeMyFeet
05-20-2014, 08:39 PM
:hug: K15g15...even though you sound tough and happy. :hug: in case you need it!

1022 cals so far... although it's back to work for me...and more coffee in my future. ugh Where can I find the strength and willpower to get the work done??

(The "kitchen things" were annoying spam posts in the forum. They seem to all be removed....finally.)

c'mon ladeees! let's not let the three witches of weight loss (April, May, and June) get the best of us!

Candidcamster
05-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone! Well I weighed in again today (nude lol) and I am still 287.8, which is fine, as I told a friend I'll be worried if it doesn't go down in a few days. My calories are slightly lower on myfitnesspal *sighs* lol, they went down by 50 calories. So I am now at 1780 from 1830, and here's what I had to eat (I am over by 155 calories).

Breakfast - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured). Total breakfast calories is 560.

Lunch - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top for 425 calories.

Snack - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun. Calories 325.

Dinner - (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Milk Blue Cheese Crumbles 1.5 oz., 1/2 a bar of Trader Joe's 100 Calorie Mini Milk Chocolate Bar and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 625 calories for dinner.

Dottington
05-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Ended yesterday at 1537. Did 25 minutes of strength training and 35 minutes on the bike. Right now trying to down my smoothie to go on a hike :D Still trying to get more protein in :p Was really excited because the scale went down today, so I'm now in the 130s! :carrot: Gah its kind of surreal being less then 15 lbs away from goal :dizzy:

FleurDeLis
05-21-2014, 04:23 PM
breakfast- one slice of toast, plain- 80
coffee w/ cream and sugar- 80

snack- small bite of protein bar that tasted yucky- approx 50

lunch- potato with sour cream, butter, chives, and bacon bits- 592
small amount of pasta salad and a few cooked veggies and cheese- approx 200

total for day so far- 1002. goal is 1715. still have dinner and maybe snack left.

Novus
05-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Wednesday May 21

Breakfast: Scotch Eggs; Berry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bar
Lunch: Ham & Egg Salad; raw veggies -mini cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, bell pepper strips; 1/2 orange
Dinner: Alice Springs Chicken; steamed broccoli; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1274
Carbs (target = 60-77) 51
Fat (target = 65-86) 75
Protein (target = 90-116) 99

Candidcamster
05-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Hello, my day was filled with delicious veggie burgers, this morning I weighed in at 288 lbs., and I'm hoping it's a little water retention and not fat retention ;) lol. Anyhow my calorie goal is 1780 for 1 & 1/2 pounds of weight loss per week (for my sedentary lifestyle) according to myfitnesspal.com, here's what was on the menu -

For breakfast - I had an Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds (wasn't really hungry after noticing the .2 lb. weight gain) . However I did have half of a 100 calorie Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar, I don't want to starve after all lol. Total calories for breakfast 340.

For lunch I had a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories but I also added a Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin top which brings my lunch calories to 560.

For a pre-dinner meal I'm having a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories.

Finally for dinner I'll be having (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 425 calories for dinner.

Thank you so much Katerina11 , I hope to reach 286 lbs. (fully-clothed lol) by May 30, I really hope to make it by then!

oxalis
05-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Checking in with 1,265/1,300. I was so hungry this morning that I ate all of my calories before 11 AM, so I'm trying to take it easy tonight with some tea. I'm still not hungry from my breakfast, but I have the impulse to eat because it's been 7+ hours since I had food in my stomach.

Food Today: Egg sandwich w/ 99% fat free ham/mozzarella cheese/butter/lettuce on whole wheat bread, peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, almond mink/kale/yogurt/cherry smoothie, coffee, 1 large peach. Total calories 1,265

katerina11
05-21-2014, 08:14 PM
hey candidcamster, i see you're into pretty healthy foods and stuff. i have a friend who has a goat cheese farm near houston and he shows up at farmers markets in that area, if you ever run across them, they are SO LOVELY to their goats. the wife is a vegetarian and christian is a full on sweet pea.

anyways it's blue heron farm...
http://blueherontexas.com/
See us at the Farmers Market!

Tuesdays: Houston Farmers Market, Rice University Stadium Parking Lot, 3:30 -
7:00 pm

Saturdays: Urban Harvest Farmers Market (Eastside), Richmond at Eastside, 8:00 am
- noon

3rd Sundays: Home Sweet Farm Market Days, Brenham, TX. 2:00 -4:00 pm.
More info on our links page. (Market not held every month)

katerina11
05-21-2014, 08:20 PM
May
20. 225.2 - 2,217 calories - 166 carbs 112 fats 144 protein - active recovery/conditioning 1 hour total
21. 224.8 - 2,090 calories - 105 carbs 124 fats 151 protein - 3.25 hours bench press, deadlifts, rack pulls, kettlebell snatches and clean and press, and BURPEES blech!

CalCounter1003
05-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Hello, my day was filled with delicious veggie burgers, this morning I weighed in at 288 lbs., and I'm hoping it's a little water retention and not fat retention ;) lol. Anyhow my calorie goal is 1780 for 1 & 1/2 pounds of weight loss per week (for my sedentary lifestyle) according to myfitnesspal.com, here's what was on the menu -

For breakfast - I had an Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds (wasn't really hungry after noticing the .2 lb. weight gain) . However I did have half of a 100 calorie Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar, I don't want to starve after all lol. Total calories for breakfast 340.

For lunch I had a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories but I also added a Vita Top Carrot Cake muffin top which brings my lunch calories to 560.

For a pre-dinner meal I'm having a Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), along with Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories.

Finally for dinner I'll be having (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) !

Wow, Trader Joes sounds amazing! We don't have any where I live but they are building one which is supposed to open in the fall. It will be so crowded I can't imagine going for a while. My DD goes to school in NYC and she always shops there. Even though she has to take the subway she says it's worth it. I'm going to Ca this summer for several weeks to visit DD (she has an internship there for the summer) and I just checked and there is a Trader Joes close by!

texscrapper
05-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone - I'm new to Calorie Counting. I love these meal threads - gives me new ideas! I use My Fitness Pal.

1607 used 1791 allotted

B - grilled cheese and broccoli sandwich and one egg
L - 6" Subway Club
D - 2 Beef & cheese enchiladas, 1/2 c rice

Candidcamster
05-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Hi Katerina11 , thank you so much for the info, a few years back I was super interested in farmers markets for fresh organic fruit and veggies but didn't find out much about it so I abandoned the idea. I appreciate the info, my mom and I can visit next month.

Hey CalCounter1003, I love "T.J.'s" as they call them in California , it definitely helps making healthier choices easy vs. a regular grocery store where I am going to encounter hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, etc. . It also helps that their prices tend to be MUCH cheaper than my beloved Whole Foods. I hope you have a great time in California!

texscrapper
05-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Candidcamster - what part of Houston are you in? We are North of Houston and sell our beef at Farmer's Markets :) In the last few years, Farmer's Markets have become more common place. If you'd like, I can send you a list of all the markets in and around the area. Most happen on the weekends, and a few are on weekdays.

1bighog
05-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Ahem, attention! 10 pounds til goal weight. Carry on.

I am trying to read as much as I can and get tips on how to become one of the small percentage of people that keeps if off! I'm very motivated, still walking six days a week and entering food into MFP. I am actually about six under my goal and I went shopping today and can wear size eight. I've never been an eight. A couple times I lost enough to wear a ten but I would immediately gain it back and be in 12s which I was fine with. I don't want to lose any more, just stay right around this 144 that I'm at. I'm eating around 2000 or a little each day and I may increase a little more if I lose any more. The school year ends (yay) in a few weeks and I have a really crazy summer traveling so it will be a learning experience for me to eat not at home all the time, and not doing my usual exercise.
You are an inspiration!!! I love keeping up with you on MFP. I will be at goal soon (I hope, of course!) and my biggest fear is stopping everything I've been doing and gaining it all back because that is what I've done before. You are making me realize I can do this.

(Sorry about the Bad Word....my thesaurus didn't provide a good substitute phrase that would convey all the feelings of anger, disregard, flippancy, and rebelliousness that are conveyed in that little phrase. Yes, I did consult a thesaurus. One can learn a lot from consulting a thesaurus.)
The F word is my favorite word. Noun, adjective, verb, and when I feel creative, even an adverb. It's perfect. :)

Beach was a lot of fun, got to try out my new bikini :D I felt a little self conscious in it though, but got over it ;)
Bikini bod isn't even a goal of mine...I feel it's so unattainable! But it's probably not; it's just that we are so hard on ourselves! You look awesome! Glad you got over your self-consciousness and rocked it!

Hi everyone! Well I weighed in again today (nude lol) and I am still 287.8, which is fine, as I told a friend I'll be worried if it doesn't go down in a few days. My calories are slightly lower on myfitnesspal *sighs* lol, they went down by 50 calories. So I am now at 1780 from 1830, and here's what I had to eat (I am over by 155 calories).

Breakfast - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured). Total breakfast calories is 560.

Lunch - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top for 425 calories.

Snack - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun. Calories 325.

Dinner - (4) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Milk Blue Cheese Crumbles 1.5 oz., 1/2 a bar of Trader Joe's 100 Calorie Mini Milk Chocolate Bar and Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 625 calories for dinner.
I love your meals! Are we friends on MFP? We need to be! And I only weigh myself first thing in the morning, stark naked, after I pee, and preferably after I poop. :carrot: I hardly ever go very first thing in the morning (usually need some coffee to move things along) so I hardly ever weigh in! :lol:

Dottington
05-22-2014, 11:16 AM
1bighog-Yay! Congrats to you! :) And thanks! I don't really think the "bikini bod" exists, I've worn one at all sizes(oddly though I'm most insecure about wearing one now :P) I think as long as a person is confident and wears a nice fitting cute suit, then they have a "bikini bod" ;)

texscapper-Welcome!

Katarina-Look at you rocking the exercise!

oxalis-good for you staying within your calories despite eating most your cals in the morning!

Candidcamster-love me some T.J.s :)

Novus-good job staying within your goal!

Intake was up yesterday. Had a meeting where it was a build your own cake type of thing(so slices of plain cake with sides of whip cream, berries, nuts, chocolate chips, was a cute idea actually). I by-passed the cake and whip cream(since those would kill me :dizzy:) and instead had a small plate of chopped up strawberries, blueberries, almonds, and pistachios. And no one said anything which was the best part bc normally people get so nosy! But yeah I ended up getting a migraine later and nausea followed by intense physical hunger pains at night. It was a weird eating day and I think I had around 2000 calories, though I'm not sure bc i couldn't measure what I had at the meeting. I did get my hike in yesterday at least. Today I need to do my strength training and I'm hoping to get on the bike too. Despite my awful eating yesterday I'm down 1lb today.