100 lb. Club - Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder!

Pages : [1] 2

MarliQQ
03-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Starting a new one, great hope for us all! So many have already passed on to One-derland, let's go ladies!! :hug:

Last post from previous thread:
Two-teens Into One-derland, a Land of Wonder! Previous thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/288501-two-teens-into-one-derland-land-wonder.html)

Weight today 211.4. It has been bouncing up and down lately but it is the lowest it's been for a while so hoping that it will continue the trend. Weight loss this week 2.6 lbs so I will take that. I have been working hard at the track all week so maybe that is the result.

jillybean2014
03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I had a woosh! Scale is at 209.8. Finally in the final ten pounds. I hope it is not a fluke.

MarliQQ
03-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey Ladies :hug:

I feel like I am having to reignite myself. I have begun to get a tad bit lazy. It always starts mentally first doesn't it? If I did not post here, I honestly don't know if I would continue to keep myself accountable :shrug:, which says a lot already. I am just trying to continue envisioning my end goals...I am done :blah:

jillybean2014 Congratulations! :yay: I hope it sticks for you too. I know how that feels to wish for that ;).

jillybean2014
03-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Marli- I have been there. There are some real highs and lows when you are in this for the long haul. Think just about eating healthy and refueling. Spring is coming and get outside and have some fun, walk, bike ride or go get on a horse. Do whatever that you like, it all works in the long run. To movtivate me I got a fit bit back in july. I get motivated to get my steps in. I have made a lot of nice people on the fit bit site, you have friends which encourage you.
For me I know that I will make it. It may take longer than I anticipated. I was hoping one year would be plenty of time but in reality it will probally be another 6 months before I reach goal.
Take just one step today. Think about what your goal is, divide into a very small goal like 1-2 lbs and how are you going to get there in one -2 weeks time. Remember consistency is the key! Sometimes we need a cheat day to stay on track, I take them but have learned they have to be planned and exercise has to be a part of that day. Posting here daily is a good accountability measure. Let us know how you are doing tomorrow.

jodoto
03-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi Ladies...I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself....I am a school teacher, trying very hard to get my life back. I have managed to string together 43 of what I consider to be perfect eating days. I have lost 34 pounds since the first of the year. Anyway, I am planning on hopping over here hopefully by the end of the week....and I just wanted to say, Hi! Can't weight to join you officially! See ya lighter! Jodoto

xRiotGirl
03-10-2014, 07:40 PM

I feel like I am having to reignite myself. I have begun to get a tad bit lazy. It always starts mentally first doesn't it? If I did not post here, I honestly don't know if I would continue to keep myself accountable :shrug:, which says a lot already. I am just trying to continue envisioning my end goals...I am done :blah:

I'm with you there! I've been lazy the last week or so..still working out and staying under my calorie goal, but I've gone too lax and everyday turns into a cheat day by the end of it...For me, the best things just to keep it going. Wake up every morning and treat it like a new day because maybe you sucked yesterday, but that shouldn't mean you should give up today. Little progress is still progress! Don't forget that we're here for you!

Olivia7906
03-11-2014, 07:41 AM
Hey jodoto! You beat me to it lol!

Hello everyone! I'm moving on into this thread! This thread feels like the last stretch of a long race into Onederland!

I weighed in at 213.50 today. I can't wait to be below 210. Then it will REALLY start feeling real lol. Hope everyone is doing great! :)

xRiotGirl
03-11-2014, 09:39 AM
10 lbs down today :) I wish it felt as easy now as it did the first two weeks, however I can't really complain because I know I've been doing a crappy job and yet I'm still losing weight. Okay, I'm very grateful!! 8 pounds left until I reach my mini goal. :)

nikitanix
03-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone! How cool that I'm joining now when you've just started a new thread page - AND that it's called two teens into onderland - eek!!

Glad to see some familiar faces so hi to jodoto, Oliva and Marli from the thread above!

Weighed in at 218.5 yesterday so I feel I'm safely in the 2-teens to join you all!!

xRiotGirl
03-11-2014, 10:04 PM
^Hiii! Congrats! Welcome! :p

Okay, I need to take some of my own advice. In less than 12 hours I've gone from 'wee I lost 10 pounds!' to 'I can't control the angry Binge Beast inside of me, I'll never lose weight again!' I think I'm just afraid to ruin my progress but...I notice it's getting harder to ignore cravings every day. :(

Does anyone have low cal dessert alternatives they can suggest, perhaps? It's the sweet tooth that's really getting me...

SeeMyFeet
03-12-2014, 01:20 AM
ooooooooooo I'm so close to moving out of the Two-Naughties oooooooo I just can't stand it! Just bounced back to my ticker weight. Could this be the final Bounce Down that will take me to OnederLand? ...Now I have that Europe song going through my head...The Final Countdown!!...

Phew! I've been so busy--I'm skeered I won't have time to enjoy my Oneder Landing. I recently thought I should have a mani-pedi as a special treat, but I just ripped a fingernail somethin' fierce. Heck, it'll probably take me another week to get to OnederLand and make it stick, so maybe my nail will be ok by then. I'm just too impatient!

Olivia7906
03-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi nikitanix! Nice to see you here!! Let's keep it cruising on down! :)

xRiot - so sorry, I don't have any sweet treat alternatives. I always seem to turn to juicy sweet pineapple in those times, or some other sweet fruit since it's safe and will aid in my weight loss anyways. I, too, have a HUUUUGE binge beast inside of me, and I'm quite an addict, like any other kind of addict lol. On this journey, I've had to stay away from sweet treats completely. It's my drug of choice and I must say no to drugs LOL! Hopefully someone will have some better alternatives for you :)

212.75 this morning. Still cruising on down. I'd like to see the 2'singles soon! :D

MarliQQ
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM

So when I am most frustrated I write :write:, and the form it takes is whatever I feel best serves the moment. It can be just simply a list, a poem, a song, a story, or just a flurry a words containing EVERY thought or emotion I am feeling--by the way, those "every thought" pages--to the trash they always go. The absolute horror I would feel if anybody read those particular words :lol:...
Anywho, I actually sat down and did a lot of planning and putting into words my problems with this weight loss journey and other life issues, and it really really helped :yes:. I now feel like I have a handle on things, which if you are a person like me who likes a "neat" life, you know how necessary that is to our everyday functioning. I know that is why weight loss gets on my nerves sometimes--it is not something that can be controlled as much as I would like, and that my friends, is a problem in my world :rolleyes:. So yeah, I'm :yoga: for a while, and it feels good ;).

jillybean2014 I may have been experiencing some form of "winter depression" :lol:. It is warming up, so maybe I do need new excitement...

xRiotGirl :celebrate: Congrats on the 10lbs!! Envious of you :D! But I feel you on the binging, I rarely do that, but when it has happened, it is like you justify all of your "sins" at that moment so you can feel guilt free. But we know the guilt is not gone, just delayed :dizzy:.

SeeMyFeet I got happy for you! Like we are both moving down together :lol:!!! You kill that last decade, so when we get down there all we have to do is step over him :devil:!

Olivia7906 :yay: You are doing an absolutely amazing job! I'm not cruising, but I'm still pedaling :bike: behind you, lead the way ;).

nikitanix Hi, Hi! :dancer: I knew you were going to make it! Yay! to our last thread before :love: WONDER :love:

OwlBeRightThere
03-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Woo-hoo! 199.6 this morning! I went on a super long hike over the weekend to go geocaching, and I think that might have helped me. I did get a tick though, my worst fear realized : )

SeeMyFeet
03-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Ticks. Ugh. There is a park nearby where people walk dogs a lot. and deer hang around. Ticks are practically dripping from the trees in the summertime. I got covered in them once and some got in my car. Had nightmares that night!

Thanks for the cheers MarliQQ, but save your voice. My scale is a sadist. Up 2 lb today :(. (And I was starving yesterday.) My daily weigh-ins bounce a lot, but the weekly average is spot-on with the trendline these days--which predicts that I will hit OnderLand in another week or so. (Let's see if my patience will hold out that long!) Good news is, my Weekly Average will hit Onderland then, so the daily weigh-ins should also stay down.

I'm too tired to post anything interesting. Work has been keeping me busy into late in the night. I'm missing my family and the chores are piling up around the house (thank goodness I have a supportive spouse). Parent/teacher conferences today, so that will be a change to my "schedule".

jillybean2014
03-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Morning all!
I went on a job interview and then they treated me to lunch so I kinda just went with what they were eating which was not healthy. I think I am working on sodium issues so while I wait to hear, it will be at least a few more days before I hear. I really want to get out of my old job and take this one, so I am sure a little stress is involved.
Scale is up 212.4 so working the next few days to get back down.

MarliQQ
03-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi, Hi, Womenzes! :hug:

So my scale is edging itself in the right direction, I want my whoosh :club:, and I want it now :club:.
Anywho, let me tell you how I killed myself with cardio yesterday. Every now and then I bump up the intensity level of my workout plan if I start to feel that I am "getting the hang" of it, even in the case that is a fairly new routine. My "moderate" bump always has the objective of burning more cals, but in same time frame--but this time :no: :no: :no: that is not what happened...well--sort of. Apparently I overestimated "moderate". I knew something was wrong ladies.....let me tell you, let me tell you--when halfway through I had an "I'm not going to make it" thought. But you think I would stop there, :no:, because when I am in the zone...:lifter::lifter::lifter:...so I proceeded, and I think I died for a sec at the end :sklol:. Pouring sweat, eyes bulging, angry legs and arms, heart doing backflips, still have to walk the dog....remember this started with good intentions :o. I'm laughing about it today--but yesterday you bet I wasn't.

SeeMyFeet Trend line? Are you a graph girlie too??! :D I use the tools on Hacker's Diet, and I absolutely love seeing the "big picture". I can see my "goal line" and my "trend line" next to my actual ups and downs and that helps me a lot with staying on track.

Olivia7906
03-13-2014, 02:18 PM
MarliQQ - you had me dying laughing over here! LOL! I'm glad you recovered!

No change for me today. Still 212.75. I'm positive though. I mean, the scale can't go down EVERY day.....can it? lol

jodoto
03-13-2014, 11:59 PM
221 this morning.... maybe I will be officially here by Sunday!!! Olivia, wait for me!!!!!

Olivia7906
03-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Come on over here jodoto!! You are so close!! I'm holding a spot for you :D

212.25 this morning, so down 0.50 lbs since yesterday.

So I had some good and bad revelations yesterday. The bridesmaids dress for the wedding I'm in just simply did not fit whatsoever. This made me come to the quick realization that I just need to suck it up and rush order a bigger size. After coming to this realization, I'm seeing that I need more patience in this weight loss process. I'm creating expectations for myself that will only lead to misery and disappointment if I don't acheive them (i.e. trying to fit into a bridesmaids dress in 3 months that's 5 sizes too small). This was a good revelation for me, because I'm now giving myself 2 years to finish this journey and I'm decreasing my goal to just 1 pound a week. This takes pressure off me, and even allows me to just enjoy the journey...enjoy the changes. I feel good about this. ;) I just hope I can get a new dress in time (got 8 weeks left).

AAD
03-14-2014, 02:14 PM
It would be nice to reach onederland before the thread splits again!

1/30 = 218.5
2/19 = 216.9
2/26 = 216.8
3/5 = 216.7
3/7 = 216.7 Lost 0# this week
3/14 = 216.6 Lost .1# this week

SeeMyFeet
03-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Hope everyone had a happy pi day today!

Starving and tired today.

Seems folks around the forum have a much better feeling about the numbers going down versus going up. While I've been generally feeling lighter and springier, today I'm feeling like a mushy blob. Bleck.

I'm actually an old fashioned graph girl, MarliQQ. I use Excel to keep track of food intake, calories, and daily weigh-ins. I play around with the color coding, trendline predictions, functions and calculations, divide everything out by week, month, year, whatever. It's a focus for my impatient anxiety, or anxious impatience.

Olivia7906
03-15-2014, 08:24 AM
I have a health spreadsheet on Excel too. I don't feel complete in my weight loss journey without one lol.

Today I'm up 0.50 lbs from yesterday.....212.75. I'm not complaining at all. I kept off pretty much all the weight I loss while sick and I've already made peace with the fact that eating normal again may put some pounds back on. 215.00 is the cap though! lol I'm taking the weekend off from exercise and will start back in full force and swing on Monday. I actually can't wait to get back into it!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

jodoto
03-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Good Morning!!!! I have arrived!!!!! I know you all have been anxiously awaiting! Ha ha! Marli, Jilly, Olivia, AAD, Niki. Xriot, Owl, & Seemy I am so excited to be here....I mean I feel like I just made Varsity after having been a JV for however long! ha ha! Anyway, I was 220 this morning, and I am counting that as being here in this thread. Now that I have made it, I am shooting for getting outta here ASAP! So, my eye is on the prize...Onderland! You guys are way ahead of me, but I challenge you to a race....let's see who can make the jump into Onderland the fastest! Game On!!!! On your mark, get set, go!!!! Have a glorious weekend, stay on your program, make good choices, do one thing more each day ( you know, like take the stairs, pass on the food, drink an extra glass of water) I will see you Lighter!!!!! Sign me, EXCITED! Jodoto :)

Olivia7906
03-15-2014, 01:30 PM
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! Yeah jodoto!!! You made it!! Yippeeee!!! Okay I have my running shoes on and I'm ready for the challenge! Let's bring it on!! I'm so happy you're here with us! But soon this thread will be a thing of the past. Onederland, here we come! :D P.S. We have EXACTLY the same amount of weight to lose to reach our goals!

SeeMyFeet
03-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Got caught up on my sleep Friday night. Yay! I've developed a new and unusual desire to consume large quantities at meal/snack time. I can't stay in the kitchen now. Could this be an indicator that I'm losing? of an upcoming whoosh? Oh, let's hope so. I hope this is not a recurring problem...my pattern is to take the calories down to 8-900 3/4 days out of the week in order to lose, and if I go lower than that, my brain will not function at all......I'm imagining the wise-acre comments from my teenagers if they heard me say that out loud.

xRiotGirl
03-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Nicely done, Jodoto! Welcome to the club :D

I'm down to 205.4...soo close now. I got this close a year ago and then gave up so let's not have that happen again!

Glad you're feeling better Olivia :) Trying to make good decisions is almost impossible for me when I'm sick..haha

Olivia7906
03-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Thank you, xRiotGirl! I didn't have any choice when I was sick. My body was getting rid of it ALL! Good or no good lol. But it does feel good to be feeling better, and lighter! lol

Elladorine
03-15-2014, 08:39 PM
I'm currently at a flat 208, my lowest weight since seventh grade. Not bad for being three months postpartum. ;) I'm hoping I can make 199 by May 14th as I've been averaging a 1 pound loss per week. :carrot: I'm so freakin' excited to be in 16's and can't wait to hit 14's, 12's, etc.

I've been doing well with my PPD, being on meds and seeing a therapist every other week. I'm feeling so much better, and even my PMS has subsided! And comparing my 3-day postpartum photos with my 3 month ones (http://instagram.com/p/ldCvIYNIsA/) gives me a lot of motivation and hope. :)

I started C25K on the 5th of this month and got through week 1. The first 2 days went great but the 3rd was a struggle, as I was at the beginning of a bad cold and was trying to push through it. That was probably a mistake. I was so sick the next few days that the hubby stayed home from work to take care of the baby so I could rest. I'm going to restart the training from day 1 once my congestion is gone.

Let's all rock this! :carrot:

Olivia7906
03-16-2014, 08:49 AM
xRiotGirl - WOW, you really are close!!! This time you won't be giving up...I know you can just about taste Onederland right about now! :D

Elladorine - I can REAAAALLY see the difference in your pics! Wow!! Great progress!!

As for me, I'm still holding steady at 212.75. My body is stabilizing after such a rough first part of the month. No biggie. I lost 12 pounds in just the first 12 days of March. My body is not ready to release anything more just yet lol. I'll be staying on plan, exercising, and waiting patiently for my body to feel comfortable to start moving on down again :D

MarliQQ
03-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Hi Ladies :hug:

Olivia7906 I would try to stay positive about the "weight stall" too. That is a LOT of weight to have lost in a short time. I once lost about 6-7 pounds in like half that time and I remember stalling too for a bit afterwards.

jodoto :welcome2: We are almost there!!! Can you see that 1## on the scale?? :D

SeeMyFeet Yeah, funny how something so geeky can give you a "woosah moment".

xRiotGirl Keep it up!! :carrot: You are sooooo there--I know you can feel the :woohoo: coming!

SeeMyFeet
03-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Goodness gracious! 12lb in 12 days! 6/7lb lost in 6 days! Are you guys on the electric knife weight loss plan?? How on earth??

I'm having a bounce down. 1# from my siggy weight. Hoping this bounce-down will take me into OnderLand...cross fingers!....

Olivia7906
03-16-2014, 03:19 PM
MarliQQ - I am SUPER positive about the weight stall lol. I know my body lost a lot in a short amount of time so a stabilization period is well under way. I'm completely content with not losing another pound this month and just riding it out :)

Olivia7906
03-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Good Morning everyone on this lovely Monday morning! :D

I'm excited about this week because I'm looking forward to hitting the treadmill and getting some miles in this week, and also some heavy lifting! I always feel so powerful when I lift heavy weights :)

The scale was up 0.50 lbs from yesterday to 213.25, so I'm up 1 full pound from my lowest of 212.25. I'll probably be camping out at this weight all week, especially as I increase my food and exercise. Looking forward to some swollen muscles though! :D

Have a great day!

SeeMyFeet
03-17-2014, 10:09 AM
...back down to ticker and siggy weight.....counting down to OnderLand....

MarliQQ
03-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey Ladies. :hug:

SNOW!!!!!!! :snow4:
Just had to get that out of the way :D. Those green baby buds I saw growing in my backyard must be shocked!
Anywho, I have been comfortably sitting for a few days at a new low, but I can't bring myself to be happy about it. This is what I get for setting my expectations too high :rolleyes:. I know I should just be grateful for the body changes I feel everyday! I'm about to TMI right now--but I find myself running my hands over parts of my body frequently, like my shoulders, waist, stomach, thighs. For some reason I can't really see the changes in the mirror--and trust me I am always doing the shirt lift/belly check when I come across any mirror in my house--but I can feel them?? I know...strange.

SeeMyFeet :lol: That weight loss was not intentional--trust me! Life happens....
Congrats on the ticker weight goal! :cp:

Olivia7906 I always suspect that my weight stalls occur due to strength training. I am ending a workout program soon, so I am planning pure cardio for a week before I go into more strength training.

nikitanix
03-17-2014, 01:48 PM
xRiotgirl – sugar free jello is something my friend recommended to me a while ago. She makes up a batch and has it in her fridge for emergencies and I started to do it too. You can also freeze it for a fruity chewy ice cube snack!

Marli, that sounds like one tough work out!! Eyes bulging! Glad you can see the funny side of it now!

Jodoto!! So glad to see you here!!

Elladorine – great work, the pictures say it all! Congrats!! Hope you get better soon and can start again with the C25K, sounds like you’re raring to go!!

Olivia, great to hear you're ready to hit the treadmill, enjoy!!!

I was worried about a gain this week as it's my TOM but I am down 0.5, so not bad! I am being good but so far it feels like this is my plan now, I'm not craving the things I used to so much and food tastes a lot more salty to me now so I can enjoy foods without the water gain you get with a salt overload!

Good luck for all of you weighing in today!

Olivia7906
03-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Thanks nikitanix! :D

I am enjoying the increased energy during my exercising. Yesterday morning, I jogged 21 minutes straight on the treadmill which I haven't done in a while and I felt like I was floating. It was just the best feeling. Then, last evening I did some heavy weight lifting (of which I'm feeling the soreness) and it was great! I knew I'd see a gain on the scale, which I did, 1.25 lbs up from the day before, but I know that comes with the territory. It may takes some weeks to see scale movement but I don't mind because I really want to start building up my lean muscle! :D

It's been quiet in this thread! Where is everyone? Hope you're all moving those butts! :D

jodoto
03-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Good Evening, Peeps!!!! Sorry I have not been around as of late....busy, busy! However, the scale said 219 this morning, and I am hoping for 218 tomorrow morning! Yay! I just want you to know that I did not use the elevator once today at work....all because I challenged you to do something extra....so I though about all of you and hit the stairs! Not a huge deal, but a victory none the less! Thanks for helping me be accountable! I fought off a candy craving today and a pizza craving yesterday...Eeesh....wish I could get those cravings to leave me alone! I have done pretty well with my eating program....I have strung together 49 perfect eating days, broke down and had some popcorn at a party Saturday night, and have since put three "perfect" eating days together. I just want time to pass so that I can be further along on this journey! Welp, I am off to bed....I will check back in after the big weigh in in the morning! See ya lighter! Jodoto

jodoto
03-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Yep, I did it!!! 218 for me this morning!!!! I also have a size smaller pair of jeans on today!!!! I am giving my clothes away as I grow out of them. My closet has clothes literally from size two to twenty four! I have them organized now, into sizes....and as I grow back into and out of them, I am giving them to charity! I am absolutely determined that once I get to wherever my goal takes me, I am NEVER allowing the scale to creep up again....or else I will be naked!!! Ha ha! Have a great day everyone!!!!!! Jodoto <3

jodoto
03-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Hey Niki and Marli....we all weigh exactly the same....Let's see who can catch Olivia first!!!! See my- You need to go on ahead and check out Onederland for us!!!!! Save us a spot! I wonder which one of us will get there first to join you!!! Game on, Friends!!!!!

nikitanix
03-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Congrats on your 218 Jodoto, and, challenge accepted!!! You could open up a store with all those different sized clothes you have! But it's a great way to measure progress I bet! I have an imagine of you fighting off a big pizza and a big candy bar - you won both times!!

I love hearing people saying how great they feel after exercising Olivia - the old me would have rolled my eyes but now I totally get what you mean, I've never been very competitive but now I'm competing with myself and I love it - seing how much further I can stretch or how much longer I can go for, it gives me a real buzz!

SeeMyFeet
03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
mornin' lovely ladees!

I, too, am wearing trousers today that will be placed in the give-away bag. They're a slimmer cut of the larger size that escaped my last purge. I cannot wait until those 2s disappear from my scale AND my clothing labels! oooooo won't it be nice to wear COLORS!

....sigh.....the road to OnderLand is long and requires patience....at least for me....but I will get there...According to my spreadsheets, I will be smack dab in the middle of OnderLand in 4-10 days....packing my bags, packing my bags...

Olivia7906
03-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Good Morning All! Everyone is doing so well!! Jodoto, you are close to passing me up soon! LOL! My scale is going in the opposite direction this week! I knew it would happen though because I started back heavy lifting and jogging this week. Gooooosh, it feels SOOOOOO good to jog and lift. I just can't describe the bliss my body feels afterwards. This morning I jogged 30 minutes without stopping!! I was reading on some other forums that when you start heavy lifting, the body can hold onto water weight for weeks! Lots of people have said it took 2-4 weeks to see the scale move again, but the inches were coming off the entire time. So it's going to be very interesting to see how my weight patterns are while I'm heavy lifting. I'm sticking to it no matter what though! :D Jodoto, you'll probably fly right by me in the next couple weeks!

The scale went up again this morning by 0.50 lbs, so I'm sitting at 215.00 lbs. At least it wasn't as much as yesterday lol. So I'm up 2.75 lbs from my lowest. And my muscles are SOOOOO SORE!!! :D

Happy Wednesday All!!

nonameslob
03-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm not quite in the 100 club per say (unless I decide to get down to 130 in the unforeseeable future, which I just can't even fathom) but I could sure use the comrade and support getting out of the 200's if that's okay!

Been sick the last few days and totally unable to workout or fast (doing 5:2). Disheartening for sure. But I can't let it get me down. In the past, when I get really sick that's when I'm most likely to get off plan and start gaining again. This forum has been so motivating! Maybe the fact that I've eaten nothing but chicken noodle soup for two days straight will actually help out in the end...lol

MarliQQ
03-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi Ladies! :hug:

Over here holding my breath for my woosh, I just know it is on its way, but I am impatient as always. It is like waiting for Christmas morning when you know you have been good all year :present:. I know that it will only make me happy for one day--because I am ungrateful :snooty:--but I still want it :hyper:. Let's ditch Twoderville permanently :woohoo:!!

nonameslob:welcome2: Like we are going to say no! Of course! The more the merrier :D.

Olivia7906 I have experienced the water retention issues regularly with my program as well. I try to do lemon water every once in a while to help out. Muscle building is such a mask on weight, you have to measure yourself in order to see progress...but, don't you wish muscles didn't have to :swim: so much--nothing wrong with desert climates :joker:.

jodoto We can race! :running::running::running:

Dumplin
03-19-2014, 04:21 PM
I will be here in just a few days ! See you cats soon !!!

jodoto
03-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Hurry Dumplin...Welcome Noname! Olivia, keep lifting - you are strong inside and out! Marli Thanks for the love, I am going after Olivia...join me!

WahineByTheSea
03-20-2014, 06:48 AM
I have them organized now, into sizes....and as I grow back into and out of them, I am giving them to charity! I am absolutely determined that once I get to wherever my goal takes me, I am NEVER allowing the scale to creep up again....or else I will be naked!!!

LOL! I should do that!

nonameslob
03-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Almost a half pound gone this week, even without going to the gym at all. I guess being sick and not feeling like eating helps lol. Plus an inch gone off my waist and a half inch off my chest since I last measured two weeks ago! :dancer: (nothing off my hips? Okay...)

If I keep going at this rate I *should* be out of the 200s in 2 1/2 months...so slow. Sigh. I am so impatient!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

AAD
03-21-2014, 01:54 PM
1/30 = 218.5
2/19 = 216.9
2/26 = 216.8
3/21 = 216.5 Lost .1# this week

SeeMyFeet
03-21-2014, 07:39 PM
How's the whooshing, MarliQQ? Share?

1/2lbs and lots of inches gone?! woo hoo noname! Hey 2.5 months is not bad---the time will pass anyway.

Well, Dumplin (cute screen name), it looks like you will have lots of fun company here. Hopefully, I won't be among them! sniff sniff

Back to my ticker weight, once again....still packing my bags.....

Olivia7906
03-22-2014, 08:27 AM
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

So the scale has been quite funky the past few days!! Hmm, I think I left off a few days ago weighing 215.00, then the next day it was 216.25!! Then it started to go back down yesterday...216.00, then 215.50 this morning! I've only been heavy lifting this week (did it three times) and I can already see a difference in my body!! I am LOOOVING weights! :D So, I'm at 215.50 this morning, and it's encouraging to actually see a loss after a heavy lifting session the evening before lol. 3.25 lbs more to get back to my low and keep it moving out of this thread! :D

MarliQQ
03-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Hiya Ladies! :cool:

I saw a new recent low on the scale today, but it is not by any means my woosh :rolleyes:. I am withholding my comments and general annoyance--or maybe I shouldn't, because usually right after I get good and frustrated the scale moves :dizzy:. It's toying with me...but on the plus side, I have a NSV! Yesterday, I tried on that pair of jeans that used to be :no:, and now they are a :yes:. I am glad that I discovered this before they became too big, because during the life of a pair of jeans, I like to wear them at that optimal stage. You know--waaay before the "worn" stage, quite a bit after the "your too fat to be wearing these" stage--more like the "damn my booty looks good in these" stage--you know...fitted :D.

nonameslob I need to measure myself, but I am too scared. Mostly because I don't want to be disappointed by the numbers. I would love to see a full inch off everywhere! :D
Congrats on your inches off though :yay:!! Do you feel Skinny?? :lol:

SeeMyFeet Still looking for my woosh! You will probably be gone :moped: by the time I get it.

Olivia7906 I just keep reminding myself, that building muscle now, will help with the settling skin---which first off, is very very unwelcome on ANY part of my body--and that muscles burn even at rest, which is a plus because I will need that additional help the closer I get to goal, when weight loss slows down. Waiting until I get to goal, and then lifting would just be too prolonged. Keep it up hun :lifter:, you got this ;)!

SeeMyFeet
03-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey...how much do you guys usually lose in a week? I'm a slow loser--about 1.5lb per week. I'm hoping the rate picks up more when I start my full-throttle exercise plan at 195lb. (I'm on a "save the knees" mission.)

Anyway, I think our scales are in cahoots...practicing their April Fool's day jokes. But today, I bounced down to my siggy weight AGAIN (it's different from the ticker because the ticker doesn't round down!)....Crossing over into OnderLand is taking soooo long...I am getting more and more excited about it...something to look forward to...that, PLUS the decades threads are only 10lb! Actually, I'm getting both excited and depressed about it...it seems like I'll never get there...so close, yet so far...

SeeMyFeet
03-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello quiet ladies! You must be having a rip-snortin' weekend!

Just popped in to say I GET TO MOVE MY TICK-ER! I GET TO MOVE MY TICK-ER! :carrot:

SeeMyFeet
03-24-2014, 10:01 AM
WAHOO!!!! :carrot: I MADE IT!!! :carrot: THE LAND OF ONEDER!!! :carrot:

My goodness....how long I have been waiting for this day!...It just doesn't seem real. I've been "sticking with it" and waiting and waiting...like they say...time passes anyway...and here the day has come!

No looking back, ladees!

Well, I'm off to check out my new room, change my ticker, and grab some safety pins on the way to work!

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!! STICK WITH IT!!!

nonameslob
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
^^^ CONGRATULATIONS!!! Ahh, I am going to make it my goal to catch up with you! No turning back for you!

Things have been moving quicker lately. I'm feeling positive. One foot out the door...

MarliQQ
03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Hey Ladies! ;)

Soooo I had my woosh!!---And I took the "day off" yesterday :dizzy:. I am still hopeful I have a bit more to lose, just based on my previous patterns. I am also giving myself a week of just cardio, so I should be flushing some of that water weight that comes with strength training. I now am back to believing that two naughts is a def possible in the next two weeks. Thank You God!!!

SeeMyFeet That was FAST!! Congratulations!! Stay out of Twoderville!
:celebrate::woohoo::encore::woohoo::celebrate:

nikitanix
03-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Well done SeeMyFeet!!

Welcome noname and see you soon Dumplin!! Great to hear you had your whoosh Marli!!

I'm definitely a slow loser I think, the most I've lost in a week is 3 pounds but lately I'm lucky if it's 1 pound. I feel like I'm doing everything right but maybe it's things like with Olivia, I have been upping my weights lately and doing less cardio because I enjoy it more, so maybe I should wait and see a loss in a few weeks...urgh! Lifting them weight does feel great though doesn't it Olivia!!??

xRiotGirl
03-24-2014, 07:08 PM
I miss this place. I haven't worked out in a week and a half because my dad decided to move in temporarily....right in my workout space. -.- I've been going for walks where I can but...meh. I'm trying not to lose my fire though, I'm still losing on diet alone!

Good luck guys! :)

nonameslob
03-25-2014, 08:48 AM
niki hopefully you will get a "woosh" soon, too! Sounds like you're doing the right things, though those things sometimes make it slower.

I dunno what it is lately but I'm losing way faster than usual. Down a pound from Friday already. :dancer:

RiotGirl that's awesome that you're still losing! I haven't been to the gym in over a week due to illness and it's driving me nuts! (Though I wonder if somehow that's why I've been losing more lately...hmm)

MarliQQ
03-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey Ladies! :D :D

My woosh was not done, I saw 212 today, my new recent low :flow2: on my official weigh-in day, all I was hoping for was 213, but I skipped it entirely. I guess cardio week is off to a good start!!!! The good thing is that based on previous patterns I may be plateauing here and may see 213, because my weight fluctuates up 1-2lbs during that time. But then again, I have not done a full cardio week since 2013, and my record keeping was much less detailed then, so this is kind of new territory. Weight loss is like a rollercoaster ride, so I am going to enjoy the whole "view up top and the coasting downward" part, before the irritatingly slow and bumpy climb to my next woosh....

xRiotGirl I wish I was brave enough to try and see if I could lose on diet alone. I would love to experiment with that, but I am so impatient, that if nothing came off during that time, I would be super angry, mostly because I would feel that I wasted time experimenting :dizzy:. Curiosity did kill the cat right?? I don't want to be the cat, so I think envy is fine for now :p.

jodoto
03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job! I was 216 this morning....40 pounds gone forever...80 to go, so I am 1/3 of the way there! Very happy with that. Have a glorious evening!

xRiotGirl
03-25-2014, 09:55 PM
^^Congrats you guys on the losses! :D Take it where you can get it! hehe

I weighed in this morning, although to be completely honest I have no flipping clue what I weigh right now. Because I got 4 different weights. -.- I got a few of the numbers a couple of times in a row, but I don't trust any of it. I took the average of the numbers I got and it put me at 203.4 which is about half a pound more than my last weigh in. The FIRST number I got was 199.something so..who knows...lol I'm about ready to chuck that scale out a window.

Good news is I just ordered my new scale! And a food scale! AND my heart rate monitor! Thank you tax refund! I'm really excited for the high tech leg of this journey..this is uncharted territory for me :) I took the advice of others on here and went for the Polar FT4 monitor (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKPXJTU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the EatSmart Precision Body Fat Scale (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L6NTHU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I cannot wait for my next weigh in!!! P.S. I still plan on getting a FitBit at once I break 200 so I can have a good quality, accurate pedometer as well. I'd like to know what my activity is like throughout the day AS WELL as my workouts, which I can't get with the Polar. Oh well, it's money well invested.

MarliQQ
03-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi Ladies. ;)

I am so happy that I don't allow my emotions to dictate this weight loss thing, because I would have gained everything back by now :stress:. I am not in the best of moods as a direct result of.......me. I need to get my happy back real quick :running:.

jodoto I am a few lbs from being able to say the same! I know how you feel, congrats hun!! :cheer::cheer:

xRiotGirl:lol: I would throw that scale out the window, no mercy :devil:. I can't deal with any uncertainty like that...I am glad you are getting a new scale, and I know you are too:goodscale.

jodoto
03-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Marli...hugs and happiness coming your way! xRiot new battery for the scale maybe? I would just go with the 199 and forget the whole thing!!!!
I was 215 this morning! Yay, me! Have a glorious day....Olivia, where are you???? Jodoto :)

MarliQQ
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Hey Ladies! :flow2:

Decided to jump right on after my workout, so yuh I'm nasty!! :barf:...Sooo dramatic today :lol:. I was looking at old pics of smaller adult me, and I realized that even though I wasn't the skinniest--I wasn't concerned about my weight either--rather that I was content with my body. You would think that the goal that I have set for myself of 150 should start to feel ambitious, since I have never been that low in my adult life, but it doesn't. I am actually more excited about setting a precedent, starting a new me. No I'm not in Onederland yet--but when I started out at 250, if you told me I would be in 2-teens right now and about 10lbs from the weight I was in my early years post-college...well.....

jodoto I thought you were hiding this past week too :p. Congrats on the pounds you lost!! :encore:

jodoto
03-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Marli I was out of town this past weekend! You spound like your old self in this last post! Yay!

nonameslob
03-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Down 2.6 pounds this week....omg, if I keep this up I'll be in Onederland way sooner than I ever imagined. Not holding my breath, but it's getting so close I can taste it!

nikitanix
03-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow noname, you're sailing down this thread - way to go!!

You do sound a lot brighter Marli, must be that exercise you just did, it really helps me get it all out my system too! And you're really at an exciting point now, the changes are happening and they're all good!!

Well, just wanted to check in to say hi. I had a bit of a nightmare day yesterday and ended up going over on calories as I had to grab lunch on the go so I woke up today feeling very motivated and determined not to do that again. It was doubly annoying because it wasn't something I really appreciated for the calories that it cost me. So, I went to the gym this morning and then tomorrow I have a pilates class and a bodypump class to start the day and it's been a good eating day so far, it's all about being prepared I think! Have a great weekend everyone!!

MarliQQ
03-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Hiya Ladies!! :rain:

I am hoping that I have some energy today as well, I have been struggling with some low energy levels. Maybe I just need sun :sunny:?? I mean, I love winter and fall, but I find that when it is plain just cold and dreary it doesn't help motivate. I think since it is raining out today I am going to blast music anyway I can. That usually helps if I jump around :carrot: and act crazy to music for a moment....

jodoto, nikitanix Wow! Didn't know I was sounding so depressed! :p I try and force myself to have a happier outlook on things lately. I need to--or else I would go crazy :dizzy:. I'm the type of person who over thinks things and spends too much time in her head, and yeah exercise does help to give me some of me back. Weight loss is truly the only thing going "right" at this moment :).

AAD
03-28-2014, 01:44 PM
2/19 = 216.9
2/26 = 216.8
3/28 = 216.2 Lost .3# this week

jodoto
03-29-2014, 09:34 AM
214 for me this morning! Hey Niki...how tall are you? We are very similar as far as where we are and where we are headed! I started out a little heavier than you, but I was heavier than most things living at the time I started! ha!
Noname, you are tearing it up! Get to Onederland to make a place for us...we are on our way!
Marli We are going to make it to Onderlanmd way before June as your signature shows....hang on, we are headed there soon!!!!
Have a glorious day! I am off on a weekend jaunt to an out of town wedding with a bunch of girlfriends. Pray I can stay strong!!!!!! Olivia!!!!!!! Where are you???????

MarliQQ
03-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Hey ladies! :rain:

Raining miserably still...We went from too much snow to too much rain, here comes the flash flood warnings....
All cardio week is a true demonstration that I carried pounds of water weight. Nice to see the scale edging downwards everyday, :goodscale 211.3! That bit of confirmation is what I wish I could have had the entire time. My new program starts in two days :), so my scale and I will be returning to our initial relationship with one another :rolleyes:.
So I say this to my scale......I will miss the mornings we shared as you told me that my yesterdays paid off--that I did great--as always, and that you even felt less pain as I stood on your face. I wish this could have lasted forever and ever, but alas, all good things must come to an end. Farewell my friend...
:cry: :encore: :cry:

jodoto I know, I know--we are :yes:. That was just my first promise to myself when I first started this journey, that I would not reach my next birthday in the same condition. And so far I am making good, and I am proud of myself :D.

xRiotGirl
03-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I will miss the mornings we shared as you told me that my yesterdays paid off--that I did great--as always, and that you even felt less pain as I stood on your face. I wish this could have lasted forever and ever, but alas, all good things must come to an end. Farewell my friend...

:lol: Love it!

xRiot new battery for the scale maybe? I would just go with the 199 and forget the whole thing!!!!

I actually just put a new battery in it maybe 2 weeks ago..it's always given me different numbers, but this time was just the most severe. I like your way of thinking though :D

It's all about being prepared I think!

I don't know much about weight loss and what works yet, but this is the first piece I've gotten that I know is concrete--when I'm prepared for the day, I ALWAYS stay on plan and do well/ Good luck to you :)

@Marli, @noname Congrats you guysss woohoo!! Love seeing all this progress :D

ghost
03-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Jumping in. I think it's been about a year since I've posted in the two-teens thread....got way off course with life stress and all but it's getting better now and I'm officially back in the two-teens. 219.6 this AM. I'm doing low carb right now and a bit too busy at work to make it to the gym (I work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day until April 15th). My goal is to get down to 210 by the time I go on vacation in May.

I just read through this whole thread, so my brain is reeling, but, good job to all!

Olivia7906
03-31-2014, 06:51 AM
Hi ladies!! I've been MIA for about a week now! I went on a 4 day eating "binge" that put a TOOON of water weight on me. I snapped out of it before it turned into a complete quit on my weight loss journey. So I took 4 days after that to get the water weight off. As of today, I'm at 214.50 lbs. I'm making some changes in my diet so hopefully it will help to keep the scale moving down. I had abandoned heavy lifting for a week but I'm picking it back up tomorrow.

JODOTO!! You caught up with me! LOL! You go girl!! HA HA!! Now I gotta chase YOU! :D

MarliQQ - you are on a roll too!! You all are doing so awesome!

Gonna stick around and stay accountable because I really want to see Onederland before the year is over!! :D

nikitanix
03-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Jodoto, I’m 5’4” so a little taller than you but yes, very similar although you've lost a lot more than me. You’ve done great, when did you start?

I just started posting on a challenge thread on another forum and a girl on there posted about her horror at weighing in at 170 at 5’2” – I would looooove to be 170, but I guess it’s all relative as my mom would say. But, the challenge is to lose 10lbs by Memorial Day so I want to be down to 205 by then. I lost 2lbs this week, which gives me a good start and I am seeing my doctor this afternoon to see about going back on phentermine after my month break. I was taking the supplement phen caps during that time and I lost 6lbs in that month and pretty much stayed on plan so I think I did pretty well!

Hey Olivia, great to have you back, and that you got back on after 4 days of food-freedom, I think that shows real strength that you started up again so well done for that!! I hope I can do the same if I go off track in the future...

nonameslob
03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Ghost, hi and welcome! Nice work so far!

Olivia, good to see you back. It certainly takes willpower to get back on track.

I need to get back to the gym this week. I took a full two weeks off while I recovered from an illness. I'm still not 100% which is adding to my hesitation to go back but I know I am capable if I start slow. Getting sick is usually the cycle that gets me off track from weight loss. I really don't want that to happen especially so close to being in onederland!!

MarliQQ
03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey Ladies! :D

First off, before I post about me, I would like to say to Olivia7906, that you are such an amazing woman ;). You could have just gotten really discouraged, took off longer, or just simply given up--but you stopped it all before it got to be too much. Not only that, Olivia you actually came back, and shared your disappointments! All of this makes for a triumph, even if you don't see it. Your post was very encouraging for me today, thank you, thank you hun :hug:. I am rooting for us all to get what we want ;).

Now, regarding my current status, My excitement regarding my new workout has turned into fear :lol:! What if I get my butt kicked today?!! What if I am not as fit as I think I have gotten?? So many what ifs...but the only thing left--so cliche'--is to do it. I am such a baby :rolleyes:. April is going to be amazing guys, let's multiply our progress!

nikitanix YES, yes, :yes:! Weight is very relative to height. When I used to weigh around 250--people were shocked, and I would have to remind them of height differences. I also remember being in the 5th grade, having a class project that required us to weigh ourselves, and being embarrassed to tell my friends what I weighed. I can't recall the exact weight, but I remember wanting to be under 110 because my friends ranged from there to as low as 90lbs, and I was like 110-115!! I was the tallest girl in my class! I was a long legged skinny child--who if anything--looked like she should have been eating more, not less!!! :lol: I laugh now but I will always remember the horror I felt then, being the "fattest" girl in my class :o.

ghost Your brain is reeling because I :blah: too much :D. :welcome2:

Olivia7906
03-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Warm hugs to all of you ladies! MarliQQ - you just touched me heart. Thank you so much because even I didn't look at it as a triumph, but looking back on the MANY times I have quit and gone quiet, I CAN see how it is triumphant to face it, even after a bad several days, share it, and get on with it! Thank you for helping me to see that! :D

This journey definitely has its peaks and valleys, highs and lows. I'm very glad I didn't give up completely and came back! It's like having a relapse lol. I'm owning it and moving forward.

nikitanix - we will ALL get to 170! I would love to be that too right about now lol. It would be so cool if we could all make it to the lower threads together! :)

Olivia7906
04-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Good Morning everyone!

It's a good morning! Although I tossed and turned last night from kinks in my back muscles (they were aching all night), I woke up weighing 212.50 lbs! That's a 2 lb drop from yesterday! Awesome! I'm not happy about the pulled back muscles though because today I'm supposed to start back heavy lifting. I'm going to go a bit lighter than I usually do to avoid further injury.

Today I am eating a raw foods diet. It's something I've wanted to try out and experiment with so my plan is to eat a raw foods diet every Tuesday. Right now I'm drinking a strawberry banana smoothie before my jog this morning. I'm actually going to theme my days of the week just to add some fun and spiciness to my journey lol. I'm a spicy girl, what can I say. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

nonameslob
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Olivia, aside from your back, it sounds like you're doing awesome! Woohoo! Keep it up and I hope your back starts to feel better. Hopefully some light exercise will help stretch it out and make it less achy. What sorts of foods will you be eating on your raw days?

I finally went back to the gym yesterday! It felt awesome. Today I'm supposed to be adding some strength into my workout, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hesitant...I am *so* close to Onederland, that I am tempted to wait...as I've heard starting strength training can cause people to hold onto or gain weight initially. But I know I'll get there anyway, and it doesn't matter if it takes a little longer (though my emotions think it matters...argh!) These flabby arms need some muscle, baby!

Olivia7906
04-01-2014, 12:32 PM
nonameslob - I have a raw foods book that I will be picking recipes out of. Today for lunch, I picked a recipe called Veggie Sub Sandwich. You take two big lettuce leaves (as the bread) and fill it with sprouts, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, onions, and a lemon herb dressing (made with fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs (tarragon, dill, mint, parsley, oregano, basil), salt, pepper, dijon mustard and fresh garlic. It was QUITE delightful! I didn't skimp on the dressing either lol. For dinner, I'm going to try a zucchini "pasta" with marinara sauce. :)

As far as weight training goes, I can attest to gaining some pounds from weight lifting lol. I'm actually going to be lifting this evening so I'm curious to see how much the scale goes up tomorrow. But you can't beat the results from it so it's definitely worth it! :D

xRiotGirl
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Olivia, you're my inspiration this week. I've been fighting the binge beast for the past week or so, and I've given in pretty much every day. I've gained a little more than half a pound which isn't much, but at the same time it is another half pound that I need to relose. Anyway, I'm done throwing the pity party for myself, thanks to your posts. Time to get right back on the wagon, and I started tonight with a 45 min Tae Bo session. It felt great!

Let's own April, ladies. It's a brand new month. :D

Olivia7906
04-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Awww, thank you xRiotGirl! :D The binge beast is a monster isn't it!? It's like a school bully that keeps pushing you around until you stand up to it lol. I'm glad to hear you jumped right back on the wagon! I had to do the same thing lol. And Taebo? I LOOOVE Taebo! lol I plan to do that this Friday :D Yes, April is a brand new month so let's kick butt!! I want to get as close to Onederland as I possibly can.

This morning, I weighed in at 211.00! That's down 1.50 lbs from yesterday! This is my new low for this particular weight loss journey so I'm happy to just see it today lol. Maybe it will stick, maybe it won't but at least I can say today that I'm less than 12 lbs from Onederland! :D

Happy Hump Day all!

Olivia7906
04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Jodoto - Thank you for yelling at me to get my butt back here! lol! When you read back, you'll see I went on a 4-day eating binge! It was ugly lol Don't be like me! I hope you are staying strong on your wedding weekend! :D Can't wait to hear how everything went!

ghost
04-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Binge cravings suck for sure. Hope you get past them soon.

I've got no updates. I refuse to weigh myself during shark week. I feel bloated. That is all, carry on ;)

nonameslob
04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Binge cravings suck for sure. Hope you get past them soon.

I've got no updates. I refuse to weigh myself during shark week. I feel bloated. That is all, carry on ;)

Totally reasonable. I don't weigh myself on days I feel heavier, and it's crazy how right I can be about that. I broke that rule this morning and regret it :halfempty

Olivia, woohoo you go girl! Keep it up!

I start weight training yesterday (which is probably why I had gained today...but that's still annoying). Felt good though!

Thought I was at day 20-ish and was hoping I could make a signature soon but still no luck. I want one of those fancy weight trackers!

jodoto
04-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh Hey Everybody!!!! Back from a wild weekend! First of all, you may or may not know, I am a teacher. On Friday, we were called to the cafe right after school and it was announced that a beloved Assistant Principal was very ill and being placed in hospice. Very sad news.... on Saturday, we received notification that she had passed away. Really shocking. Ok, so I never take off from school...literally, I am never absent....and Monday was going to be my first absence since the school year began. Now I am faced with going out of town and not being there to help my students grasp the idea the our AP had passed away. Next, my son, who is trying to get a teaching job, but in the area of Phys Ed, comes home announcing that he has an interview on Monday morning at 8 AM....again, why am I not going to be there to help him mentally prepare for possible interview questions, iron his shirt, steam his suit....I never go out of town like this..... Well, I did not want to let the people down that I was travelling with, so I just went. Way out of my comfort zone. I normally would have been eating my way through this stress, but I hung in there....I thought of all of you! You would have been proud....we stopped in at an Olive Garden....I ate plain chicken, and salad no dressing....everyone else in the group had plates of pasta, dessert, drinks....I was so strong! Ok, so we are at the wedding and I allowed myself a piece of cake....and mashed potatoes from the potato bar....but everything else, I was pretty good! So, long story, longer..... I weighed in at 211! A loss of 45 pounds! Now I am going to continue in another post so I don't lose all of this nonsense!

Olivia7906
04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
jodoto - we are running neck and neck! LOL! That's exactly what I weighed in at this morning! lol! I'm very glad to hear you stayed on plan even among all the chaos! And I'm very sorry to hear about the AP passing. You seem to handle stress very well. You should be very proud of yourself :)

jodoto
04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
OK, so we are travelling back from the wedding on Monday morning....and I am just praying for my son and this interview....the longer the interview went, the more anxious I got....was this a good sign? He finally called....and HE GOT THE JOB!!!!! Yay for employed children! So that night we took him out for a quick celebration...more eating, more will power! Last night...another celebration and another willpower exercise! This morning, I weighed in at 211! I held it together! Ok, so now I am going to tell you what the significance of me losing 45 pounds is....stay tuned!

jodoto
04-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Ok, so here we are...last post I promise....I teach ten year olds....and my lightest kid weighs 45 pounds. So about 15 pounds ago, I started this thing on my board where I would write down how much I lost each day... The 45 pound kid is named Roxy, and we began this challenge of I lost Roxy so that each day, when I would lose a pound, I would move a letter over, timing it so that I would spell out I LOST ROXY on the day that I had lost the same amount of weight that Roxy weighs.... Today was that day! The kids loved this! I wore a "dress" that I used to wear as a tunic/shirt... I brought a picture in of me wearing the "shirt"...and when my class saw the picture of me in the shirt....45 pounds ago, they couldn't believe it! It was a fun diversion to the sadness that is hanging around our school right now! Ok. ladies, I have certainly talked your heads off.... I will see you lighter! Jodoto!

nonameslob
04-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Jodoto, that is amazing! I smiled so hard at "I lost Roxy". That is just so awesome. Very sorry to hear about the passing of your assistant principal though.

I ate way too much today, including m&ms. Yikes. And I just got prescribed steroids, plus the weight training...oh boy. I think I might just skip weigh-in this week. Off to the gym I go to work off that candy.

xRiotGirl
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
^You have a good idea there. I really should have skipped my weigh in today, because I only just started getting back to normal yesterday -- not enough time for a great weigh in result. But instead I'm just going to work my butt off until Friday, next weigh in.

@Jodoto I love that you got your kids involved in that! I bet they were so excited :D I'm very sorry for your loss, and I envy your strength during all the stress -- very inspirational!

I made it through today by the skin on my teeth. If it weren't for my workout, I'd have gone over calories, again, by a couple hundred. That is thanks to ice cream...something I could have just gone without. Anyway, I started and finished the day strong. I'm thinking of a little night to cap it off so I can go into tomorrow feeling recharged and ready to go. Wish me luck..haha!

Olivia7906
04-03-2014, 08:12 AM
nonameslob & xRiotGirl - you two are so close to leaving this group and entering the almighty Onederland! I can't wait to be under 210 so I can have that feeling! lol :D

nonameslob
04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
^You have a good idea there. I really should have skipped my weigh in today, because I only just started getting back to normal yesterday -- not enough time for a great weigh in result. But instead I'm just going to work my butt off until Friday, next weigh in.

Yeah, it was probably a good idea except I stepped on the scale this morning anyway haha! I never write my numbers down unless it's an official weigh-in day or a loss. I'm up a bit, but I think I am on track for a loss by tomorrow's official weigh (today is a fasting day - my weight is up and down a lot because of fasting). Attempting to fast today after my first dose of steroids - thought I would be ravenous but so far so good.

I hope today is going better for everyone! Seems like we all had our little binges, and I know at least for me I'm feeling much more optimistic now.

Olivia - it does feel good, but in the grand scheme of things you are very close, too! You'll be there before you know it!

Olivia7906
04-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it was probably a good idea except I stepped on the scale this morning anyway haha! I never write my numbers down unless it's an official weigh-in day or a loss. I'm up a bit, but I think I am on track for a loss by tomorrow's official weigh (today is a fasting day - my weight is up and down a lot because of fasting). Attempting to fast today after my first dose of steroids - thought I would be ravenous but so far so good.

nonameslob - I've decided to incorporate a fasting day on Sundays. This Sunday will be my first week doing it so we'll see how it goes. How often do you do it?

nonameslob
04-03-2014, 01:36 PM
My "plan" is 5:2 (5 days normal, healthy eating up to 2000 calories, two days "fasting" which isn't really a fast - I eat up to 500 calories, usually just coffee and dinner). Are you planning to do a full fast or will you be eating at all? I usually do Mon/Thurs because it's easier for me to not eat when I'm at work.

jodoto
04-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Gang.... I was at 211 this morning, but that is just fine with me. Spring Break starts tomorrow....can't wait! We are headed to the beach.... I plan on taking my good eating habits with me! Olivia, great to have ou back...Riot and Noname pave the way for Olivia and I to join you in Onederland! See ya lighter! Jodoto

xRiotGirl
04-03-2014, 09:09 PM
You guys will be meeting us in no time. ;) Just wanted to check in to say that I had a very solid day today and I'm feeling much more centered now. Ready to keep it rolling on down to 199 now!

Olivia7906
04-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes, start paving the way for jodoto and I! We'll be right behind you! :D

This morning I weighed in at 210.00! Aaaaahhhh, the 2'singles are in smelling distance! I feel like once I get below 210, I can see the yellow tape at the finish line...the last stretch lol.

TOM is expected any day now and has my stomach bloated already. Might get some weight gain over the next few days but hoping I won't. :D

Happy Friday all! Spring break time!

Olivia7906
04-04-2014, 08:09 AM
My "plan" is 5:2 (5 days normal, healthy eating up to 2000 calories, two days "fasting" which isn't really a fast - I eat up to 500 calories, usually just coffee and dinner). Are you planning to do a full fast or will you be eating at all? I usually do Mon/Thurs because it's easier for me to not eat when I'm at work.

noname - it depends on how much I eat on Saturday LOL! My girls and I have a naughty menu planned for tomorrow. They don't like to eat out much anymore so I bring the restaurant to my kitchen lol. My plan is warm water with lemon for the entire day Sunday.

nonameslob
04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Sounds like a good plan, Olivia! I've never even tried a 100% fast. That will definitely make Saturday more enjoyable for you. ENJOY!

I somehow managed to do my fast yesterday even with a work event surrounded by food and wine. I left early, and took a sandwich home with me that I can't wait to eat today. (Ok, so maybe I nibbled a little of the ham...)

And even with starting weight training and going on steroids this week, the scale keeps going down and it looks like I'm neck-and-neck with Olivia! jodoto and Olivia you're right behind us!

AAD
04-04-2014, 06:21 PM
2/26 = 216.8
4/4 = 215.9 Down into the next pound!

Olivia7906
04-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Helloooooo?! :) This thread is starting to slow down a bit. Where is everyone? Maybe everyone has mosied on down to Onederland already! :^:

Today I woke up with crazy sore triceps from that Taebo yesterday, and TOM started. As I'm walking down to the scale to weigh, I'm thinking, "sore muscles....TOM.....yeah I'll be up a pound or so today." I was shocked to see that I was actually DOWN 1.25lbs! What? 208.75 this morning! :carrot:

I'm hoping I can make that stick because today is a semi-loose eating day lol, but today I am UNDER 210! Yeah!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

jodoto
04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Olivia....that is CRAZY you are amazing! I will join you shortly, but I just don't lose weight as fast as you! You go girl!!!! Land of Oneder, here we come! Olivia you are into the countdown, getting ready for the blast off to Onederland!!!!!!!!

SeeMyFeet
04-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Coming back to pick up some more boxes to move down to the new thread! It's going to take some time to finish moving out of here. I haven't bounced down to OnederLand permanently yet. My rate of weight loss really slowed down at the end of March. After 126 days of calorie counting and daily weigh-ins, it seems like the only thing that really helps me with weight loss is 800cals a day, and that is difficult with an 18hr workday.

But I will continue to plug along.....and dream of the day when I can move my ticker down once again....

Olivia7906
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
jodoto - I don't know how that happened lol. TOM usually puts some pounds on me. I'll take it though.

So today was my 1-meal "eat what the heck you want" day (with the exception of processed junk food). So I went to the gym this morning, did about 2.29 miles on the treadmill, did some abs back at home, then waited until 2:30pm to eat my large meal. My eyes were DEFINITELY bigger than my stomach. Sheesh! I wanted to eat all that food so bad but I just couldn't lol. Everything was homemade but there were fried BBQ chicken wings, french fries with bacon, cheese, green onions and homemade ranch dressing, homemade garlic bread, broccoli, and my 6 and 7 year olds made apple crisp which we had with all natural vanilla ice cream (not homemade). I put a lot of food on my plate because I'm like, this is it for the day! But my stomach said, "what? are you crazy lady?" It would NOT let me finish LOL! Oh well, I ate what I could and now I'm stuffed. I plan to do some heavy lifting this evening to transfer some of this food to my muscles! :D Tomorrow will probably be lemon water all day ;)

xRiotGirl
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
^Oh my god, stop it, you're killing me. Hahah that all sounds so amazingggg!

Olivia7906
04-05-2014, 07:30 PM
LOL, thanks! It WAS amazing! What probably WON'T be amazing is that number on the scale tomorrow! HAHA!! :D

jodoto
04-05-2014, 09:44 PM
If I ate that, I would be physically sick....I mean run for the bathroom right through me sick....

Olivia7906
04-06-2014, 08:13 AM
If I ate that, I would be physically sick....I mean run for the bathroom right through me sick....

Aww, that's too bad. Not me :D Given that EVERYTHING (except the ice cream) was made homemade in my kitchen (even the ranch dressing), I was able to monitor and control what went into it. Now, had I done this at a resaturant, I might have run to the bathroom too :D

So today is a great morning! The scale went up 0.75 lb so I'm up to 209.50 lbs but STILL under 210! What can I say, I had a HEAVY day yesterday (heavy food, heavy lifting, heavy TOM lol). I'm going to rest on this beautiful Sunday morning (no exercise), do some grocery shopping and do a water fasting day. I'm feeling a movie day. Might find something good to watch with my lovely girls. :D

Happy Sunday all!

EDITED TO ADD: My NSV for today! So all my workout pants (that I've been wearing as regular pants on a daily basis) were being washed in the laundry, so I needed some pants to put on to go grocery shopping. I decided to try on my J-Lo size 14's and they fit effortlessly!! So I'm wearing my first pair of jeans today in who knows how long lol. :D

SeeMyFeet
04-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Ah jeans! I remember those! But Hey! I'm needing to go down a pant size again, too! WhAT?!?!? :dizzy: I had to lose 40lb before I needed to make that first archeological dig into the back of the closet for smaller pants, and here we go again! I swear I cannot figure out why, because the scale has been moving UP (Grrr :mad:) and I haven't lost any inches. But my pants are definitely falling down, so the inches must be coming from places I don't measure.

Pants that drag the floor with crotch hanging to the knees. Lovely. :D

jodoto
04-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Good job on the smaller pants, Ladies! What a great feeling! I have my closet all sorted out into big black garbage bags of clothes....all separated by size! I used to have the whole store hanging....but now, as I grow out of things, I give them to Goodwill.....and opening up a new bag of sized clothing is like Christmas! Another perk....I won't have the old bigger sizes to grow back into, so I will have to maintain my new little size when I get to where I want to be!

Olivia7906
04-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Good job on the smaller pants, Ladies! What a great feeling! I have my closet all sorted out into big black garbage bags of clothes....all separated by size! I used to have the whole store hanging....but now, as I grow out of things, I give them to Goodwill.....and opening up a new bag of sized clothing is like Christmas! Another perk....I won't have the old bigger sizes to grow back into, so I will have to maintain my new little size when I get to where I want to be!

That's awesome! I'm doing something similar where I give away my clothes as I grow out of them. The only thing is this time after re-gaining the weight, I decided not to buy new stuff so the only stuff in my closet is the smaller things. Workout and yoga pants have been my warddrobe far too long lol.

jodoto
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
No Worries, Olivia....you have your J-Lo size 14's to now grow out of as you grow back into that size smaller wardrobe.... find the next "new" thing that you want to grow into, and hang it in plain sight....you'll be back in it before you know it!
You continue to inspire and amaze me!

Olivia7906
04-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Thank you jodoto!! You all inspire me too. This forum has really kept me accountable. I'm going to follow your advice and hang my favorite size 12 jeans in plain sight and allow my energetic intentions to align with the Universe to shrink my bottom and get me back in those jeans! :D

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Are we ready for Monday? Let's get moving!! ;)

ghost
04-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I hope my Wednesday weigh in this week is a loss, I've really been restricting this week, counting carbs like a hound and keeping my cals low by doing intermittent fasting. I feel thinner, but I drank last night till I was sick so I'm sure I only feel thinner because I'm dehydrated. I'm hoping to get a 217 on the scale now because I've been bumping between 219 and 222 for the last month. Sitting here tonight drinking a lot of water, rehydrating and trying to get my pre-hangover energy back.

jodoto
04-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Good Luck, Ghost! I am headed to the beach for spring break....not sure what the internet connection will be there, so if I am not around for the next week, don't be surprised....Don't leave me, however, unless you are headed to One der land....then, save me a place! I am coming! I hope to be in the single digit countdown to Blast Off to Wonderland by the time I get back!!!! This tired teacher is off to the beach!!!! See you lighter! Jodoto

nonameslob
04-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Ghost, good luck! But even if you don't see what you want to see, it sounds like you're still doing awesome!

jodoto, enjoy your Spring Break :) I hope to be mostly out the door by the time you get back :)

Didn't do too great this weekend, but not terrible either considering I was traveling and had a wedding shower (sooo much food), but that's one of the benefits of 5:2 I suppose. Fasting today. My stomach certainly needs the break, it is not happy! Managed one day of strength training last week, hoping to get in two this week, and 3 days of cardio, starting with today. Oh, and I wore my FAVORITE skinny jeans to the wedding shower, first time in two years they've fit comfortably!

Found some good "before" pictures yesterday, including one in my favorite dress from Sept. 2012 (I was probably around 230). When I hit Onederland, I'm going to retake the picture in the dress for comparison, and hopefully wear it at a wedding in June looking much slimmer this time around :)

Happy Monday! Here's to a healthy week for all of you!

Olivia7906
04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
jodoto - have a good time at the beach! You are so close to the single digit countdown! I could use a good day at the beach too.

noname - way to go on getting back into those skinny jeans!! I know the feeling! As you start fitting back into your smaller clothes again more comfortably, the realism of all the hard work you've been putting in is very visible and it feels good!

I had a GREAT workout at the gym this morning. After a fasting day, I didn't think I'd have that much energy to jog my usual 30 minutes (around 2.4 miles), but my energy levels were SUPER high. I could have gone way past that! It was an awesome feeling. When I was done, I wasn't tired. I felt amazing! It was surprising and wonderful at the same time lol. I did have a medium size juice (today is juicing day) 1 hour before my workout (3 oranges and 2 carrots juiced). Those nutritious carbs surely had something to do with it.

Anyhoo, my 6 year old is sick (temperature 101.2) so I'm off to the doctors. Have a great day!

ghost
04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Jodoto, have fun at the beach, who cares about Internet? Enjoy the experience!

Noname, I've got a pair of black size 14 skinny jeans as a pair of goal pants, I got them two years ago and they still have the tags on them. One of these days I'll squeeze my butt into them...

Today is mega cleaning day. I've been working 12 hour shifts, seven days a week since January and I have a week off, so my goal is to get my house into shape and burn a few calories in the mean time. However, my puppy is making cleaning hard to do, she is undoing a lot of my hard work already, lol!

Olivia7906
04-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Is anyone else smelling sweet spring in the air? Aaaaah, it smells so good when I step outside. I love the smell of the warm coming! :D

Today I weighed in at 206.50!! As of today, in 6.75 more pounds, I will break the yellow tape and cross the finish line into Onederland! Can't wait!

I got a lot planned on the exercise menu today. Jogging, heavy lifting, abs. Time to go get it done!

Have a great and productive day everyone! :D

nonameslob
04-08-2014, 08:50 AM
ghost, good for you! Cleaning is an awesome workout and there's nothing like having a clean house when you're done. I've really gotta buckle down and do some spring cleaning myself. But...I'd rather be outside. Ugh. lol

Olivia, you are just flying down to Onderland!

I've been feeling really bloated (and TMI alert...constipated) the last few days, even after fasting yesterday. So of course it was stupid to step on the scale this morning (up about a pound, it happens). I'm sure it will even out by Friday, but I already feel big and bloated and that didn't help. But I went to the gym last night, I'm doing 30 Day Shred tonight, and hopefully can fit in at least two more workouts this week! Hopefully OUTSIDE! Because yes, Spring is finally here!

AlligatorSky
04-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Hello, everyone!
I weighed in at 204 today, and I'm thrilled!
only 5 pounds to go until onederland! :D
I hope you're all feeling wonderful!

Olivia7906
04-08-2014, 11:27 AM
nonameslob - are you getting close to Ovulation time? I know for me, I bloat way worse during ovulation than when TOM actually comes. It's an INSANE bloat too lol. It's very noticeable and the scale usually goes up a couple pounds (regardless of what I do).

Alligator - awesome job!! You are so close!! Doesn't it feel great?! I'm right behind you :D

ghost
04-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Another day of cleaning, and declutter ing my life. I have way too many clothes so I'm thinning the herd. I'm wasting time internetting while the dog is napping and waiting for DS to get home from school. Then it's back to the drudgery, lol!

xRiotGirl
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
^I cannot even lie, I love cleaning almost as much as I love food. Reading your posts makes me want to whip out the rubber gloves, and I just cleaned my whole apartment on Saturday. :dizzy:

@Olivia and @SeeMyFeet I'm so JEALOUS of you guys!! I won't say that I've noticed no differences in clothing fits for me, but I'm not lucky enough to even look at 16s yet, let alone 14s! Send some shrinky butt vibes this way!

@Alligator Come onn down! :D Looks like a few of us might be blasting on off together...

@noname Sorry about the bloating! I hate that crap, nothing slows my mojo faster than bad results. Even if I can justify it based on my eating/how I feel, I still feel like poop upon reading the scale! Good luck, I'm sure it will pass soon.

Today was my unofficial/midweek weigh in day and looks like I'm on the right path for the week! Down another .6 pounds since Friday :D I'm so pumped to work my butt off until this Friday's weigh in. I want Onederland and I want it now! haha

nonameslob
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
@Olivia, that's entirely possible. I had no way to track that anymore since I got my IUD and my period went away, but I'm fairly certain I still ovulate from what I've read. Either way, I hope it goes away! Blergh.

Alligator, that's great! You, me and RiotGirl...we can do this!!! So close!

Wasn't going to go to the gym tonight, but I last minute packed a bag to go straight after work. I think stepping on the scale this morning was helpful with that motivation...lol 30 Day Shred yesterday was rough, man. And this weekend is looking really nice so hopefully I can start working towards my 10 mile bike ride.

Olivia7906
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
You ladies are SO close to leaving this thread! I'm going to be here all by myself lol. But not for long because I plan to chase you all out of here and follow right behind lol. :D

My stress levels are slightly elevated this morning as I'm dealing with a sick child. I don't do sick children very well. I just get so worried when my kids get sick.

Only a lighter note (you catch that? lol), I'm at 205.75 this morning. I'm resting today from exercise and taking care of my sick little one.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

ghost
04-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Don't worry Olivia, I'll be here for a while yet.

jodoto
04-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Good Morning from the beach......I am not doing well in the eating and drinking department, but in the chillin', tannin', and relaxin' department, I got this. I need to get back on track....you guys are all going to be out of the 190's before I even arrive at One-der-land at this rate! Help....how can I avoid all of this craziness and stay on track? I dread that scale on Monday morning! I thought checking in with all of you motivating buddies would help....hope so!!!! Congrats to all of you who are flying down that single digit countdown!!!!!! Awesome! I am going to think of you every time I make a food decision today! Just reading about all of your progress has hopefully gotten me back on track! See you LIGHTER! Jodoto

nikitanix
04-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey everyone!! I have missed sooo much, there's some of you right on the low 200s ready for onederland! How did that happen? Seriously though, I am so pleased for you all, and great losses all round it seems.

I've had a stressful few weeks of lots of long hours at work plus lots of apartment-hunting as my roommate wants her boyfriend to move in. I'm a little sick of sharing so I decided to look for a place on my own and found one yesterday! Then, while I was caught up in a whirl of interior design, my boyfriend dropped the bomb that he may be leaving to work abroad. Its not final yet but he seems to want to go and I'm really sad that I'm not enough of a reason for him to stay, although we've only been properly together for a few months. It kind of makes having my own place less exciting too, so I'm bummed about that.

Anyway, I was super excited to lose 2 pounds since last week, but my weigh in was Monday so you can see how behind I am. I wanted to catch up properly but there are so many posts that I got lost in a blur of 'I lost Roxy' and size 14 jeans, fasting days and raw days and...well, here goes -

Hope you're having fun at the beach jodoto! Sorry to hear about your AP, but congrats on losing Roxy.

Hope your little one gets better soon Olivia and well done on jumping back on the wagon! You're so close to onderland! And I know what you mean about the smell of spring in the air! It makes me very happy!!

Well done on your last minute gym trip noname, and you're so close to onderland too! Congrats!

Great work Alligatorsky!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!

Olivia7906
04-10-2014, 12:12 PM
nikitanix - great job on your 2 pound loss! Yes everyone is doing really well in this thread. Let's keep up the good work! :D

jodoto - glad you are having a great time at the beach! For me, it's hard to be on vacation and "stay on track" lol. I've never even attempted it lol. But an idea could be to have one "off track meal" that is portion-controlled and then try to eat relatively healthy the rest of the day....and make fruit one of your 3 meals. That way you can get healthy food in while still enjoying "vacation food" :D

As for me, I'm out of commission. I've been pulling muscles left and right in my back and last night was the worst. I got no sleep. I was in pain all night. I'm still in pain. No weigh in today and I'm taking a break from cardio at least until Monday and from heavy lifting for at least a week after that. I can't even take a deep breath without deep pain. Ugh. If I don't visit here that frequently in the next several days, it's because I'm resting on a heating pad lol. Keep pushing everyone! We are almost to Onederland!

nonameslob
04-10-2014, 12:44 PM
jodoto Sounds like you're having an amazing time!!! I think enjoying yourself is worth any delay in weight loss. You gotta have some fun sometimes, especially if that means some drink and good food. I'm sure you'll get back on track no problem.

nikitanix that sounds so terribly stressful. When do you move? I hope everything goes well with that and your bf. Good job for still losing weight among all that stress! I'd have stuffed my face full.

Olivia oh no! I hope you heal up quickly. Give yourself as much rest as you need and don't let yourself feel guilty about that. You might even notice a loss from taking a break from it all. Take care!

Not terribly excited to weigh tomorrow. It's silly, though. I think I'll still lose this week, but the last few weeks I lost so much that even a one pound loss seems disappointing. Darn head games! Feeling less bloated today, finally.

nonameslob
04-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Hope no one minds a double post. Had a .8 loss this week, but to be honest (possible TMI alert!) my tummy hasn't been happy this morning since I got to work, so it might be a bit more than that by now haha! Getting closer!!!

Did 30 Day Shred (level 1) and a 20 minute bike ride with the bf yesterday! So nice out! Hoping to take the bikes out again this weekend and do some yard work and gardening. What's everyone else's plans for this weekend?

nikitanix
04-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey noname! Sounds like a great weekend plan! You're so close to onederland and well done on the shred!

It has been a stressful few weeks. I think if I hadn't been so deep into this with a clear plan I could have gone off the rails but the one thing that is pretty regimented in my life right now is my diet and exercise so it kind of keeps me relaxed to have strict rules for it lol. If I were just trying to 'eat healthy' then I definitely would have struggled, I think that's where I used to go wrong!

Well, the bf says he won't go abroad, he's now thinking of studying online and working less hours during the week. He's a little all over the place sometimes - I just roll my eyes and say 'ok dear!'

Olivia, so sorry to hear you're in so much pain, is that from the heavy lifting? Hope you get better soon!!

AAD
04-11-2014, 01:54 PM
4/11 = 215.7

xRiotGirl
04-12-2014, 10:52 AM
@Jodoto so jealous of you and your vacation. I agree, give yourself a break and just enjoy yourself out there! :)

@nikitanix I'm sorry about all that crap you're going through, but you sound like you're pretty mentally tough. Having your own place is going to be nice I bet.

@noname I love that you always stay upbeat even when you're seemingly disappointed by how you feel or what the scale says. Keep up the hard work, you're on your way out of here!

@Olivia Sorry about your back :( All you need right now is rest and more rest. Take care of yourself!

And I have some exciting news myself, weighed in yesterday morning at 200.2! Sooooooo close!! My Easter goal is to hit 199.4 and my birthday goal, (it's an unofficial goal, it would just make me happy :p ), is to have maintained that. My birthday is the 1st of May, so I think that's pretty plausible. Feelin' good!

ghost
04-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Well, yesterday was my birthday and I took the whole day off of dieting and tracking. I'd confess all my food sins but that just seems cruel, lol! So, back on the wagon today and ready to make my next goal of 210 by the end of may...I hope.

xRiotGirl
04-12-2014, 11:26 PM
^Happy birthday! Enjoy the cake:D

jodoto
04-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Have your cake, and eat it too! HBD, Ghost! Back from the beach....will face the scale in the morning! Yikes! No matter what, I am just going to pick up where I left off! Back to good habits and healthy eating! See you tomorrow with the news! At least I am tan! Jodoto

xRiotGirl
04-13-2014, 10:54 PM
^I think that's a great way to go about it - just face reality, and keep on truckin'. Hope you had a great holiday. Welcome back and good luck. :)

Olivia7906
04-14-2014, 07:11 AM
jodoto - great attitude! Glad you had a great time!

I'm actually facing the scale today too after a VERY lazy weekend from a bad muscle pull in my back (which has healed significantly) and eating more than I usually eat. So the scale is up 2 lbs to 207.75 from my lowest of 205.75. Not too bad. I'm sure I can get that off this week. I'm heading to the gym in an hour and I can't wait to sweat! :D

nonameslob
04-14-2014, 09:35 AM
xRiotGirl Thanks! I find it hard to be too disappointed when the scale is still going down. It may be frustratingly slow, but I'm still happy with how things are going. Congratulations! You are so close to Onederland! I'm sure you will hit your goal by Easter!

ghost happy birthday :) Sounds like you were able to enjoy yourself.

I kept pretty busy this weekend but didn't ride my bike at all or go to the gym. I did a lot of spring cleaning and yard work, though, and finally got my garden started. So at least I wasn't sitting on my butt...but I didn't exactly eat great. Binged a good bit. :/ We'll be hiking, biking and canoeing this coming weekend, and hopefully I can find time to get to the gym at least once this week, so plenty of activity to balance it out. I really need to focus on eating better this week, so I can work my way out of this thread...where we will ALL be soon I hope because I've really come to enjoy your company!

My bf is down to 225 from a high of about 260 since we started dating (he's 6'). I'm so happy for him! Over the past year or so since I started getting healthier, he's gradually been making changes, too. Of course he loses much faster than me, but we'll pretend I'm not jealous about that..haha

xRiotGirl
04-14-2014, 08:48 PM
^That's awesome about your boyfriend! I live with my sister and I get really excited when she picks up new, (better), habits alongside me. It's almost like a feeling of success, even when you're not trying to convert anyone, so to speak.

Olivia glad to hear that you're feeling better. Best is just to get RIGHT back on that horse! :p

Weigh in tomorrow...this one's a nail biter. My last weigh in put me at 200.2, so this next one is kind of make or break. It either seals the Onederland deal or it doesn't! I spent the first two days of this week, (my "weight loss" week starts on Friday...weird but whatever), over my calorie goal. I also didn't workout either day, although I worked both days, and my job is 100% physical. As in 100%..lol I then spent the next two days way under goal and with some nice, intense workouts. So I'm assuming that for tomorrow's weigh in I'll have just evened the field, but Friday's weigh in will show a loss. Anyway, wish me luck!

Olivia7906
04-15-2014, 06:35 AM
xRiotGirl - Ooooooo, I'm crossing my fingers for you this morning!!!! I hope you see that magical number on the scale!! :D

I went down 1.25 lbs so I'm at 206.50 this morning. Gotta get off another 0.75 lb to get back to my low and then on to Onederland.

jodoto - sooooooo, what's the news? ;)

Olivia7906
04-16-2014, 06:43 AM
Good Morning whoever is still here lol :D There were a few of you very close to the edge of Onederland.....anyone make it in yet?

As for me, I had a 2 lb whoosh this morning that put me at 204.50. It's hard to believe that I only have 4.75 lbs to lose before I say goodbye and move into Onederland! It's a great feeling!

Hope everyone is doing fabulous!

nonameslob
04-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Olivia, that's awesome!!!

Not making much progress. These are gonna be the slowest two and a half pounds ever. Grr.

xRiotGirl
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Guess what guys... :D

198.6 this morning! Almost can't believe it! And my body fat % went down with it, so I'm thinking that number is here to stay. Ahhhh so excited!!

nonameslob
04-16-2014, 09:34 AM
YOU DID IT! You are amazing and inspiring RiotGirl!

I'll see you over in the 190s thread...eventually. :D Congratulations on hitting this milestone.

nikitanix
04-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Happy Belated Birthday ghost!!

Well done XriotGirl, well done on your new low!! Your birthday goal sounds totally doable!! Good luck for the next weigh-in!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better Olivia!! And back at the gym too!! I have been so slack the last few days as I've been furniture shopping in my free time and so I haven't had as much time to go to the gym, everything seems very rushed but I have found a flat and the furniture I like so it's a case of organizing it all now, which I am not looking forward to at all!!

Nonameslob, great to hear your boyfriend is taking your lead and getting healthy too! But, isn't it so unfair how men can just lose weight without even trying?! A guy at my work had a long trip at the end of last year and said he put on 15lbs because he was just eating and partying for a month, and now he says he's back to normal, just by returning to his normal life - he doesn't even work out or anything!! Grrrrr!!

Sounds like you had a great trip jodoto, how it it getting back to reality?

A question, a girl at my work said most companies let you have a day off for moving, as a personal day - does anyone else have this is their job? I am kind of shy to ask my boss in case he looks at me badly for asking, especially if it's not true.

Olivia7906
04-16-2014, 10:05 AM
nonameslob - I also notice that when I get very close to leaving a decade, the scale slows down to turtle speed or stops all together. It really sucks! I'm hoping you will past those 2.5 pounds up soon!

xRiotGirl - WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I am SOOOOOO inspired!!! I don't think you'll be seeing the 200's EVER AGAIN! Good for you and I'm right behind you so keep a seat warm for me in the 190's thread!! But not too long of course....gotta keep it moving ;)

nikitanix - furniture shopping will be my reality in a couple months also as I'm moving to a new state and have to practically furnish the entire thing. I'm glad you found what you like! I'm not sure about the personal day for moving because I currently don't have a job lol...hope others will be more help on that.

jodoto - Where are you??? :^:

nonameslob
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
nikitanix Yes, it is so frustrating! But now he IS trying, so even though he loses faster than me, I am proud of the efforts he's making. Plus, he has a very physical job and was eating a TON of crap so it makes sense that he's losing so fast. I hope it continues so we can turn into the health and fitness nuts that we are, deep down under the layers of fat. haha

I think it's worth talking to your boss, but it probably all depends on how your vacation/personal time works. Where I work, we accrue .25 "personal" days each month (this is on top of regular vacation days), so that is the time I would use if I was moving. Good luck with your move! I know it's so stressful.

We actually just re-signed our lease at our house. It's the first time I've been anywhere for so long aside from my parents house (we've been in this place two years, going on three), but after this third year is up, next summer, we're moving halfway across the country. :dizzy:

Olivia good luck to you with your move, too!!!

I need to keep reminding myself that I'm well ahead of my goal of getting under 200 by the end of the month, and I still have two weeks to lose those last 2.5 pounds.

Olivia7906
04-16-2014, 10:48 AM
nonameslob - Okay....I just clicked on your "My Fitness Tumblr" link and the first thing that popped up was that tantalizing, oh so delicious picture of marinated shrimp, pepper and onion kabobs with black bean and corn salad!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love: Was that dish like eating a piece of heaven or what??!! That is RIGHT up my alley and looks so good! You should share the recipe!! :D

nonameslob
04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Ha! OMG it was SO good! I usually don't post food on there, but it was way too pretty not to.

The kebobs I marinated in McCormick's Mojito Lime Marinade (I try not to use those packets but they're great in a time crunch), followed the directions except I added a bit of honey and lime juice. I marinated the shrimp and veggies in separate containers for 30 min.

The black bean and corn salad is a mix of recipes, so let's see if I can figure it out...

-2 cups (or one can) black beans, liquid drained (I cook my own and freeze instead of using cans)
-2 cups frozen corn
-1 can Rotel, or fresh salsa
-Onion (I'm not sure how much, I use onion powder bc the bf hates onions)
-1 tsp cumin
-Fresh lime juice, to taste
-1 tbsp olive oil, optional
-S&P to taste

It's pretty adaptable but the basics are there. Sometimes I add jalapenos. This time, I had a bit of leftover fresh salsa so I used half that, half Rotel. It's best if you make it the day before. Serve cold with a slotted spoon. And this time, I added a tiny bit of feta cheese on top! Great dish for picnics and parties. Can be served as a dip with tortilla chips, too.

Olivia7906
04-17-2014, 06:45 AM
^Recipe noted! :D I'm going to try it out, thanks so much for posting it!

I started juicing again this week and I'm going to do juice through next Wednesday, for a total of 10 days. Got a wedding to be in as a bridesmaid in exactly one month from today and I'm dealing with dress drama right now. I'm going to be in Onederland by the time the wedding comes. I have spoken. :D 203.25 today.

nonameslob
04-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Ahh you're catching up! I was still 202.4 today. Sigh. Won't have an official weigh-in this week since I'll be away, but maybe come Monday after a weekend of activity (and likely booze......) it'll go down a bit. Ack. I've been so stressed with work though, I'm not surprised the scale isn't moving. At least it's not going up :)

Good luck with your juicing! That must take willpower. I like to chew my food. Sometimes I think I could chew on cardboard and the simple act of chewing would make me feel full haha!

Wedding drama seems to be in the air. Are you having to do a lot for the wedding? I am so thankful none of my close friends are getting married. I do have one wedding to go to in June. I can't wait to wear my favorite summer dress and make it a "during" picture (I have a really terrible "before" picture of me in that dress near my highest weight).

How's everyone else's week going?

nikitanix
04-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Noname, I have to agree with Olivia, that dish looks incredible!! And what a great way to use black beans, I always see how I should be eating them but never know how to eat them, thank you for the recipe!!

It is proving pretty stressful with the moving, but I got a bunch of cleaning things last night after work so tonight or maybe on the weekend I'll have a big spring clean at my new apartment - eeek, so exciting and yet so exhausting!!

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

:easter2:HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!:easter2:

Olivia7906
04-17-2014, 10:34 AM
nonameslob - yes juicing takes quite a bit of willpower. It seems that no matter how much I drink, I'm still hungry lol. I juice no less than 2 liters a day with 4 liters being the most. I do get loads of energy, magnificent nutrients, detoxification benefits, and crazy weight loss. When I juice, I lose a pound a day. I use juicing when I hit plateaus too. Works like a charm. But going back to solids must be done slooooowly and carefully so that no rapid weight gain occurs. I phase out the juicing and add solids little by little. I usually always keep the weight off when I do this. And I keep the exercise going ;)

nikitanix - how exciting!! I can totally relate to your moving excitement! I can't wait until it's my turn in 2 months! I'm REALLY REALLY ready to leave my parents place and have my own peace and privacy lol. A girl can't even walk around the house in bra and panties....I miss that lol. My mom is pretty needy too so I'm ready to move on lol. Can't wait! :D

I have no Easter plans. I'll probably just be grocery shopping that day and prepping for the new week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

jodoto
04-18-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone! I have no words for myself....I am not making progress at all.... I feel like you are amazing and I am just stuck! I hope some of your good vibes will rub off on me! Save me a place in Onederland! I hope I get there ONE day! Congrats to all you LOSERS! You are all amazing!

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 07:52 AM
Hi Everyone! I have no words for myself....I am not making progress at all.... I feel like you are amazing and I am just stuck! I hope some of your good vibes will rub off on me! Save me a place in Onederland! I hope I get there ONE day! Congrats to all you LOSERS! You are all amazing!

Welcome back jodoto! We miss you around here! What seems to be the problem? Are you having difficulty getting back on plan? Are you on plan but the scale is stuck? YOU are amazing too! Hang that on the wall along with a pair of your goal pants and watch things start manifesting! Believe it and watch it happen! :hug:

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 10:14 AM
So I've been juicing this week which has moved the scale down to 199.50 this morning! Now I'm an experienced juicer and I'm very familiar with the patterns once solids are introduced again. The scale will start to go up slightly (for me it's usually at most 2.25lbs), hold there for a couple weeks, then start going back down. This has been my pattern every time I juice. So I'm going to wait until the end of next week and see where I'm at before I leave this thread and claim a Onederland victory! :D

How is everyone else? HAPPY EASTER ALL!

EDITED TO ADD: Actually, I think I'm going to speak it into existence that I will not see the 200's anymore and move on down to the 190's thread!! I have spoken :D. Come join me soon! ;)

jodoto
04-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Olivia, you are awesome! Congrats on your accomplishment. I hope to make it to Onederland one day as well. I think you are AMAZING, and if I were you I would run don't walk right on over to the Onderland threads! You have lots of friends there already....say Hi to them for me! You are fabulous, deserving, and beautiful!! You go Girl!!!!!!!!! Congrats and hugs!!!! jodoto

MarliQQ
04-19-2014, 03:17 PM

I have been chugging along with my new workout program, and I have gotten so much better at the program, it is amazing. :lol: I sure sucked in the beginning though. And my crazy scale relationship has resumed, I have fluctuated up, down and around 209 for a time now...Not sure what is going on...But I am truly not worried about the momentary plateau--yeah, a rare mind frame :dizzy:--only because I am certain that I am not doing anything wrong. I also set some new clothing goals, because I have some older clothing I am itching to get into--not so much to wear, but for the satisfaction.

Olivia7906 Congratulations!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
You slid so far down I don't even know what to say?? I know you were absolutely excited to see those numbers :D.

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Olivia, you are awesome! Congrats on your accomplishment. I hope to make it to Onederland one day as well. I think you are AMAZING, and if I were you I would run don't walk right on over to the Onderland threads! You have lots of friends there already....say Hi to them for me! You are fabulous, deserving, and beautiful!! You go Girl!!!!!!!!! Congrats and hugs!!!! jodoto

Thank you jodoto!! Hugs to you too!! Your next stop is Onederland so don't miss your train! You got this!! ;)

Olivia7906
04-19-2014, 07:23 PM

I have been chugging along with my new workout program, and I have gotten so much better at the program, it is amazing. :lol: I sure sucked in the beginning though. And my crazy scale relationship has resumed, I have fluctuated up, down and around 209 for a time now...Not sure what is going on...But I am truly not worried about the momentary plateau--yeah, a rare mind frame :dizzy:--only because I am certain that I am not doing anything wrong. I also set some new clothing goals, because I have some older clothing I am itching to get into--not so much to wear, but for the satisfaction.

Olivia7906 Congratulations!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
You slid so far down I don't even know what to say?? I know you were absolutely excited to see those numbers :D.

Thank you, MarliQQ! I'm glad you are enjoying your new workout program. When I started a new program, I definitely held onto weight so I'm glad you are keeping a positive attitude! Good for you!!

See you ladies in Onederland! ;)

xRiotGirl
04-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Congrats Olivia yayy! :D
I too am going to be saying my goobye's to this thread. I weighed in this morning at 196.8 and so I am officially considering myself out of the 200's. Now, who's gonna be the first one of you to cross over and join us?? :D:p

AAD
04-20-2014, 01:44 PM
4/11 = 215.7
4/20 = 215.5

jodoto
04-21-2014, 06:13 AM
Congrats Xriot! Save me a place! Ok, Add, MarliQ, Noname and Niki....we got this! Onederland, here we come!
Everyone have a great day and stay on plan! Jodoto Hugs ()

nonameslob
04-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Congratulations Riot and Olivia! Well-deserved!

I was hoping to be following you pretty soon, but I think it's taking me a bit longer than I had hoped. I weighed in a day early last week since I was away over the weekend, and my weight stayed the same as the week before. After I got back from my trip, of course I got on the scale and I was up 4-5 pounds. I think most of it is water retention...let's just say I did a LOT of activity (over 17 miles of hiking) and my entire body aches. I'm doing my fast today, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll see a woosh?

I have 10 days to meet my goal of getting under 200 by the end of the month! I really hope I can do it but I have no clue where my weight actually is right now.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

MarliQQ
04-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Hiya Ladies! :hug:

I can feel Onederland!! The success you guys are experiencing is exciting. Anywho, I am in the middle of what appears to be a move down, but we will see--notice I did not type the "W" word :D. I feel like I might jinx it, so I am waiting on tomorrow for my official weigh-in to see if it is--and yes I said jinx--sadly my scale relationship has been degraded to hocus pocus rather than a reflection of my believe in the science of mass :spin:.
Now on to my next issue--I am fighting off cravings of the "snacking sort". This has been occurring for the past two weeks, and the only thing that I can attribute it to is my new workout program, because that is the only thing that has changed. I am leaning on listening to my body right now, so I am going to try and mix up my eating habits a bit and see if that helps.

xRiotGirl Congratulations!!! :bravo: You deserve it!!! Don't come back to Twoderville!!!

jodoto I am trying! I really am :D. I am like a tortoise--and that is fine because I am getting increasingly scared of losing any muscle mass I have...

nonameslob Don't you hate when you feel like your scale is lying to you??? Sadly though, it is doing it's job the best it can, it's not its fault that it can't tell water, from poop, fat, and muscle...:dizzy:.

nonameslob
04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
I know I shouldn't have even bothered getting on the scale, but I'm still up about three pounds from my lowest. I guess I won't really know for sure until Friday's weigh where I stand and I need to stop obsessing in the meantime! I took the day off from the gym yesterday, and while I'm still achy I think I'm good to go back today. I know that'll make me feel better regardless of the stupid scale.

I also spent a RIDICULOUS amount of money at the grocery store yesterday. So much fresh produce! The bf will be away this weekend so I'm gonna try to take advantage of that and eat healthier than I normally do on the weekends.

MarliQQ a new exercise routine will definitely cause that snacking feeling for sure! Hopefully whatever eating habits you've changed will help.

nitrus29
04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Hello Chickies.. I'm not new to this forum OR this thread.. I fell off the wagon and my weight is stuck in the 2teens for a while now..

I still have to reach goal and I have been embarrassed about posting again but I figured it's okay to slip up as long as you get back on track again! So here I am..

Weighed In at 211 today.. which makes me sad cause I hit 212 in August last year and I didnt make any considerable progress since then! I guess I started slacking after losing 50 lbs.. but I still have 50 lbs to lose.. so here goes everything!

nikitanix
04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Well done Riot Girl and Olivia!!

Very overwhelmed right now with moving out, I just want to be in there and worrying about nice things like color schemes but first I have the hard parts to do like actually moving and arranging things like the internet and working out how the hot water works - arghhh!!

On a more positive note I have been very good with my eating as I'm too busy to eat half the time, although my exercise has been pretty intermittent this last week, although I have been doing heavy lifting and lots of walking which might help make up for that. Still, I'm down over 2 pounds this week!! And...FINALLY into the 2-tens!!! Only 10 to go to catch the onderlanders up!!

nonameslob
04-23-2014, 09:05 AM
nitrus29 Welcome back :) I'm sure most of us have been in your shoes before. As long as you are trying to move forward, that's what counts!

nikitanix So awesome that you're still losing in the midst of all that stress!

I am definitely feeling better today about the scale. I dropped most of the weight I gained over the weekend and am on track to lose this week. I also finally used some of the weight machines at the gym yesterday to do an upper body workout. I could kick myself though - I went to a machine I thought I knew how to use and it was different from the last gym, so instead of asking for help, I got embarrassed and left (after using two other machines, so it wasn't all for naught).

I guess I'm just so used to being the fat girl and assuming everyone is secretly making fun of me, that I thought the fit 20 year old employee would scoff at me. I'm sure this mental battle won't go away even if(when) I lose weight. But, today's a new day. Today will be legs, and I will try not to get embarrassed. And next week when I do arms again, I'll work up the courage to ask for help. The last thing I need is any impediment to working out.

nitrus29
04-23-2014, 10:25 AM
thank you nonameslob :)

you dont have to be embarrassed at the gym. I used to be 262 lbs trying to run on a treadmill next to fit people and I would stop after a whole 2 seconds !!

I then figured that the only reason why everyone was AT the gym was cause they were conscious of their bodies in the first place so no one is going to judge you. You are there to do your own thing and asking for help is not so bad. You can walk up to the fittest most buff guy doing weights and ask him to help you and see how he is so willing to show you what he knows :D lol trust me.. all those guys love to show off their strength.. you have nothing to lose!!

Only you are judging yourself!!! You can do it !! :D

nitrus29
04-23-2014, 10:25 AM
and Oh I weighed in at 209 this morning :carrot:

nikitanix
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks noname! It certainly is stressful, but it might be the key to my weightloss as I was so busy I forgot to eat - like on Sunday I didn't eat between breakfast and dinner I was just so busy cleaning and was very much in the zone!!! I know this is bad but it will be just until I am settle back into my old routine, and I really miss the gym!!

As for the machines at the gym, on the ones at mine they have the instructions printed on them but on a couple, I was doing as they said and following them when the instructors have come up to me and told me I'm doing it wrong, and how to do it, which made me feel real embarrassed, but then I thought that they probably have to say it to everyone, so asking is a good idea!! They must have heard it all before!

Well done nitrus - samsies!!!

jodoto
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi Gang...Welcome Nitrus! I was finally back to the weight I was before Spring Break. I had a perfect eating day yesterday...and so far, so good today! I can't believe that Olivia....she is almost out of the 190's! She just left here, for crying out loud! Olivia the Trail blazer!!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great evening! See ya Lighter! Jodoto

Olivia7906
04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Haha!! It was my juicing week, what can I say :D Also, since I've been a "dieter" for many years, I have learned my particular body quite well and I have devised a very particular eating and exercise plan that has been dropping the pounds like I've had weight loss surgery lol. When I go back and forth between the juicing week and my devised plan, oh my gawd...the weight flys off! One day I'm going to write a book :D

jodoto
04-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Hurry up and write the book so I can buy it! :)

nitrus29
04-24-2014, 11:35 AM
hit the gym last night and thought I would only walk but ended up jogging.. which is a plus! Still at 209 this morning.. I am still trying to figure out what to eat post gym. I am done with gym around 9pm so I know it's too late to eat. Have any of you tried Protein Shakes post gym at night? Do they work?

nonameslob
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Hurry up and write the book so I can buy it! :)

Yes, this!!! Tell us your ways!

nitrus29 Are you supposed to eat after the gym? Honest question! I'd heard that it's important if you're doing intense weight training, but otherwise I didn't know it was really that important. I even work out while fasted sometimes. Other times I will be hungry afterwards so I'll eat something. But interested to know if there's a reason behind this and if I should change my routine.

I don't' really have many dietary restrictions other than following 5:2, but I've been thinking of cutting down on refined sugar. I drink coffee. I love coffee. I don't use THAT much sugar, but it does add up...so I think I'm going to try honey. I love honey, and since I use local it *should* help with my allergies to eat it more regularly. Next time I buy peanut butter (I have two unopened jars already in the cabinet...), I'm going to switch to the no-sugar-added kind. I just get so tempted by PB when it's on sale, and it's never the natural stuff that's on sale! Not sure what kind of an effect this will have on weight loss, energy levels, etc. but I figure it's worth a shot.

MarliQQ
04-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Hiya Ladies!! :coffee:

I like this part of my weight loss journey, I mean, I really do :D. For me, I always knew that even if the scale said 250, but I could fit into a true size 6 I would be excited. But the scale and shrinking clothing sizes are no longer as exciting :no:--I am now finding myself slightly more addicted to my mirrors than the scale. I find myself poking at my collarbones, examining my thighs, grabbing at my thinning midsection....:o
There was definitely a time when I got upset because I saw no difference in the mirror, despite my scale--even my progress pics were like "eh?", but now I see and feel the change :lifter:, and I'm lovin' it :mcd:--it took 40lbs!!--but better late than never.

nikitanix For me I usually don't have both lunch and breakfast, I will have one or the other. Usually replacing breakfast or lunch with a snack, depending on the day. Lately, lunch has been suffering, and I have been grabbing what is accessible. But dinner, dinner NEVER suffers :lol:.

Olivia7906 You are doing great!! I guess we won't ever be in the same thread again ;).

nitrus29 I am not one to drink protein shakes, but I know of people who do. And by do they work? I am not sure what you mean. But I know protein shakes work in the way you expect vitamins to. They should supplement some of those macros you expect to hit, and the first obviously being protein--important for muscle building. I suppose if you believe your protein intake is lacking through your normal diet, then go for it. For me, protein shakes are not necessary for now. I plan to add them in when I can actually start building real muscle, and I can't do that right now while I am in a calorie deficit.

nonameslob I wish I could work in more pb than I do, but I consider it a regular part of my cheat foods, and regrettably I always usually have something higher on the list for me to be naughty with, like this slice of cake in my fridge.....

Sorrow
04-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Room for one more? :) currently just dipped into sub two teens and I need some motivation to find my way to onederland. I try to get at least 45mins of exercise every day (I am currently in a very sedimentary job) and I am on a very calorie restrictive diet, which I rather like. Struggling abit with motivation now because the main thing that motivated me has already been achieved and currently looking for another goal... (without a real goal its very hard not to stray...) and currently not enjoying my job. Currently stressful and it doesn't seem to die down, rather the opposite, not to mention me and DH is in the process of buying a house (so I anticipate a housemove soon..)

Last Weigh was around 209.. Slowly does it.. right? :)

nonameslob
04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
MarliQQ oh goodness, I don't need more PB either LOL! I just need to be eating the healthier kind when I do! It's so awesome how you're seeing a difference and that it's motivating to you :D I sometimes struggle with that, especially in pictures. But lately, if I'm laying down and put my hand on my stomach, I realize WHOA! It's so much smaller! ALSO omg I love your avatar...the baby! Too cute.

Sorrow Always room :) Sounds like a lot of stress! That definitely makes it hard to keep on track, unless you're able to find a way to use it as motivation. Can I ask what the goal was that you already achieved? Awesome job already!

The scale read 201 this morning. SO CLOSE! I was really happy to see that after a no-loss week last week (and quite a gain after the weekend). I guess it really was just water weight from sore muscle. This weekend I should be able to eat healthier, as the bf will be away (he's not much into veggies and must have meat at most meals, so it'll be easy for me to fill up with all the spinach and snow peas and whatnot that's in my fridge). Plus, I need to get to work on my garden and lawn, and I can do the 30 Day Shred since he won't be around to make fun of me :)

nitrus29
04-25-2014, 01:20 PM
MarliQQ and nonameslob - I meant what other alternatives are there to beat a post workout hunger without doing too much harm? A piece of fruit should be okay post gym. I guess Protein Shakes do help repair and build muscle post workouts, I just didn't want to eat anything too late in the night that my body metabolism would not digest. Protein shakes do have calories and I guess they can be counted within the day's calories too. Good job on the 201 though nonameslob .. you're almost out of here!!

I'm at 208.6 this morning! Slowly does it, indeed!

nonameslob
04-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. Obviously good to eat after working out if you're hungry :D I've heard protein shakes are kinda pointless after a workout unless you're doing heavy lifting, and I think the energy from protein could make it a bit harder to sleep at night, but I'm not a nutritionist. :) I'd guess a small snack of fruit or veggies would be good.

AAD
04-25-2014, 04:52 PM
4/11 = 215.7
4/20 = 215.5
4/25 = 215.3

Sorrow
04-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Thank you Noname :)

My main motivation was to lose enough wait to qualify for fertility treatment and I reached that a while back. (BMI of less than 35) and 16stone (224lb) finally got my referral now, so its a waiting game.

ooh 201, what a tease! you can get there :D

nitrus29
04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
good luck sorrow

weighed in at 207.8 this morning! :) I was thinking of getting a personal trainer for a month to see what more I can do.. and won't you believe that most gyms offer personal training ONLY if you sign up for a year's membership! Not a month's membership! boo!! :(

Skinnygirldreams
04-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Hey ladies! I think I'm going to join this group. I hope you don't mind. The 30s thread doesnt really move, and I have a considerable amount of weight I need to lose. Currently. I'm at 209. Started at 213, but I am working to get down to between 145 and 160. So I need some motivation and support.

I'm a calorie counter. As far as work outs go... I've been taking my dogs for a walk with my neighbor a couple times a week. I also work 3 12 hour shifts a week plus go to school ... so I fit it in where I can :)

Skinnygirldreams
04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Sorrow- Yay for qualifying for the fertility treatment! That's exciting :) My fiance and I are trying to conceive as well. I'm going to be getting tested come June if I haven't been able to by then. ::Fingers crossed::

Sorrow
04-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Girl dreams . Thank you! Have been trying for a long time now and it has been a long struggle to get fertility treatment. It's been a battle tbh. But I want this so much I told myself no amount of weight will stand between me and my goal. Starting to get abit Impatient though. 213 eh. You can do it!! Have you got a plan? Xx Sorrow

Skinnygirldreams
04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey Sorrow- My doctor just suggested a lose 10 lbs by june, so that's my goal at the moment. (hopefully more lol) I am calorie counting and trying to exercise. Mostly on my days off work I go out on walks with my dogs and either my fiance or my neighbor and her little guy. Thursday we did about a mile and a half before the rain made us stop. Tuesday I did a mile. Sunday I did 5 miles :) So I'm just gonna keep on treking and hopefully between the 2 i'll get there. Now that it is nice I plan on bike riding and after losing the first 10-15 I'll use the Personal Training sessions I paid for :)

nonameslob
04-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Sorrow that is a wonderful goal to have reached! Best wishes to both you and Skinnygirldreams on conceiving. That is definitely something that is in the back of my mind motivating me to lose weight. Kids are a few years off for us, but I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be a healthy, active mom with lots of energy when that time comes. Very exciting time for both of you!

This nice weather definitely makes it easier to get outside and get active. I did, however, just start some strength training at the gym and I'm excited to make some progress with that. This will only be my second week...I want to have kick a** guns one day! Arms that people envy instead of these flabby things I have now. Never thought I'd really be interested in being or looking strong, but watching some of the women at my gym as been really inspiring. Screw being lean, I want to be visibly strong!

Sorrow
04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Thank you Noname. I've always wanted children. Its abit of a crushing thing that it won't happen naturally. The sun makes everyone happy and more active! Only seen a few sunshiny days sofar here and I feel so much better and more alive! I hope you had a very nice day!

nonameslob
04-29-2014, 11:47 AM
This thread has been slow since so many members have moved on to the 190s!

I'm not even there yet (but on track to be this week!), but I'm already thinking about what happens after Onederland? The last and only time I've ever lost weight, I got to 195 and was so happy to be under 200 that I let myself get sidetracked. And then life happened...new boyfriend, new job, moved away, excuses excuses. That was three years ago.

I do have a goal weight for the year (179) along with other physical goals (intense hiking, long bike rides, etc.) so I'm really hoping I can stay motivated and keep going this time!

I'm also really proud that 8 weeks into a 10 week weight-loss/activity challenge run by my local newspaper, I already met my goal of losing 10 pounds. It feels good to meet and exceed goals :)

How's everyone's week going so far?

MarliQQ
04-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Hi Ladies!! :hug:

I am inching down slowwwwwly :snail:--even with TOM. I hadn't expected TOM this soon, and in hindsight this explains the low energy and the snacking I have experienced this past week. Always feels great to have something to blame ;).
April is coming to a close and I expected to be in Onederland by the end, but it appears that it will be another week or so before that happens. So here is to hoping that I hit Onederland by next week :lucky:.

nonameslob I too am questioning what will happen to my motivation levels once I hit Onederland. So I am already thinking on my next goal, and I think I may make this goal more tangible than the last. Hopefully then I will have something more exciting to strive for--other than (x) amount of pounds...

Sorrow
04-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Finally fit into the Tights i bought few weeks back that completely didnt fit me! couldn't get em past my thighs, thought try em on and they fit! (the legs are sort of short since I have rather long legs and i got a "midget crotch" :/ but they are otherwise o so comfortable!)

Waiting for my letter to come through from my fertility clinic.. *impatient* Busy week at work sofar, due to rain yesterday no archery :/ and slowly boxing up everything to move house (right in the middle of buying a house) thats pretty much my week sofar! how about yours?

nitrus29
04-30-2014, 10:10 AM
happy hump day everyone!! :D

good job on the 10 pound goal nonameslob :carrot: and I'm sure you'll meet your goal.. you just have to keep doing what you are doing without giving up!!
^^ that's what I keep telling myself everyday when I step on the scale.. I see only a 0.2 lb change today am down to 207.4 ! if only weight loss could be explained and was straightforward!! :?: just got to keep my head up and chug along!!

and great NSV sorrow I love when I fit into smaller sizes too and I dont know if it happens with everybody but sometimes if I wear the same clothes even after losing sizes, I don't see any difference in the mirror :dizzy:

Good luck MarliQQ.. I'm rooting for u and nonameslob to get into Onederland soon and save me a spot !!

MarliQQ
04-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Hey Ladies! :p

First off :lol::lol3::lol:....Sorrow--midget crotch?? That was too funny for me today, never heard it quite put that way before, I'm gonna file that one away....

Anywho, a new recent low of 203 today :celebrate:. I actually am celebrating this loss, I deserve it--even if it is a rainy dreary day :rain:. But I truly do feel like I am at the tail end of a big final countdown on NYE, and I'm about to suck face, drink some wine, and pass out somewhere--don't judge :no:.
But I truly believe that we won't be apart for long, I am pretty sure we will all be in the 190's thread together soon, because a lot of us are from 220-230 and we basically came here together, so I know we'll be leaving together. So here's to us smexy girls getting to a weight that we can :coach: shout from the rooftops! :hat:

nonameslob
04-30-2014, 01:09 PM
Sorrow I don't even know what you mean by midget crotch but it made me LOL anyway! Congrats on your tights fitting. Woohoo!

nitrus29 Thanks :D "Only" a .2 loss? ;) You're not gaining, in fact you're losing! I know it sucks when it's slow but hey, you're doing great!

MarliQQ WOOHOO! You're only 3 pounds away from a 50 pounds loss...that is INCREDIBLE!

We are all so close! I will be stepping on the scale a day early (tomorrow) as I switched up my fasting days this week, so hopefully "Christmas" (Onderland) will come early to me. :) I can't wait to hear everyone's new goals once we all cross that threshold. I think my next big goal will be fitting into a Size 14 again. Haven't worn that size in almost 10 years :)

Skinnygirldreams
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks NoName :) And I'd love to be back into a size 14 myself.... I've fluxuated between 14 and 18 for the last couple years.... mostly stuck in 16s.

Sorrow- that's an awesome NSV!
MarliQQ- congrats on your new low! you'll be in Onederland in no time :)

Sorrow
04-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Hey MarliQQ that's brill news! a loss is a loss right.not long till you are in onederland! ppl are leaving me behind here *sniff*.

Right girls a midgetcrotch.. ever seen people that "sag" their pants? makes their "crotch" move south and it looks like they got short legs! well that's how my tights were! ;( .

Noname : you'll be there in a jif! I already own a pair of size 14 jeans (they are a tad tight but not uncomfortably) but I weigh more than you, which is straaange. Anyway, goals are nice.

Nitrus : its a good feeling isnt' it!! I never can tell in the mirror, but of course if items of clothing that previously didn't fit you do.. well clothes cannot lie nor deceive you I suppose!

Skinnygirldreams : you will get there!!! Together ? :D

Another thing I have noticed is that I've added some actual food into my diet (mostly veg like beetroot, broccoli, chickpea, carrots) and I don't feel quite so constipated, its what I hate about the diet :< makes my weightloss not go as quick, but it makes me feel way less uncomfortable. I don't know about you girls but I hate feeling bloated and "full up" :(

I hope you ladies had a wonderful week sofar, only a few days to go .May is here soooooon ! looking forward to more sun tbh. I feel like a different person when the sun is out for most of the day and its' actually warm enough to walk around without 100 layers!.

xxx Sorrow

nonameslob
04-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Sorrow, funny what two inches in height can do!

What were you dong beofire the "actual food"? Sorry if I missed that somewhere!

Sorrow
04-30-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm on shake related diet. Less than 500 cals a day. 3 shakes a day.

Thedollylala
04-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Dropped to the 170s a year ago and the weight clung back on after a year, so here I am back to 205 I hope not to be here for too long

nonameslob
05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Thedollylala - not happy that you've regained, but glad to have you here (though hopefully not for long!) Also, I love your hair! Gorgeous color.

Looks like I'm going to need some company as I'm not going anywhere soon. :( I knew that weight training would probably keep me in the 200s a bit longer than I wanted, but it's still frustrating! I did legs on Monday and 30 Day Shred level 2 last night (why why why) and I'm up a pound, rather than down the pound I was hoping for to get me into the 190s! Oh well, I still have Friday and Saturday to see where I am after healing a bit and after another fast, but I think I'll be here at least another week based on how I'm feeling (bloated, not feeling any smaller that's for sure).

Thedollylala
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Ah thanks no name slob, love that name, love breakfast at Tiffany's, my hair is my natural right now attempting to grow the red out to try lavender, but red you have to grow out vs just bleach it out especially since I was red for 3 years, eeep. Well I'll be your buddy even tho it looks like you're almost out of here :)

MarliQQ
05-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi Ladies!! :carrot:

I have to say :yay: :yay: :yay:! Another low seen today 202! I don't care if it bounces back up to 203 tomorrow, I am just happy that this is my new "bounce point" and that I am so close to Onederland I can taste it!! Yipee!!!

nonameslob
05-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Thedollylala You are the first person here to get the reference! Jealous of your hair. I've always wanted to do a bold color but I don't think that would go over so well in my office. I can't even wear my nose stud here. You'll probably leave this thread before me at the rate I'm going lately, down just 2.2 pounds this month... Looks like MarliQQ will be out of here soon, too. Yay Marli!

My thighs are sooo sore today, so maybe I'm just being a debbie downer and I'll actually see a loss once the soreness goes away :P

nonameslob
05-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Slightly down from yesterday, but still about a half pound up from last week's weigh-in. Today's mantra...This is not a failure.

(So why does it feel like one?!) :shrug:

Skinnygirldreams
05-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey Ladies! Just hanging in there this week. I've been so busy all week! I feel like with all the running around I have been doing I should be losing, but nope :(
I CAN do this! I just need to put more effort into it. I think it will be easier after I finish up classes for the semester. I'll be able to do the gym and manage my house.

Sean and I are planning a cruise for September. So my mini goal is to be down 20 lbs by then. I figure this can be totally do-able. If I drop down more that'd be awesome :) 5 months? thats only 4 lbs a month :)

nitrus29
05-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Seems like I'm not the only one stalling this week.. am doing the 30DS too nonameslob I'm on level 1 day 5.. is level 2 tougher? I still cant do the push ups properly in level 1 :(
My scale is stuck at 207.4 for the past 3 days.. I don't know what I need to do for the whoooosh to happen!! and good job on the loss MarliQQ
Happy Friday everyone! Stay on plan over the weekend!!!

nonameslob
05-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Skinnygirldreams What a wonderful goal for your cruise. That's something to look forward to for sure. Did I see in another thread that you got engaged recently???

nitrus29 Glad I'm not the only one stuck! We're in this together! Level 2 is definitely harder. I had only done it once before and forgot how tough it is. There's lots of static exercises (like staying in a squat position for 30 seconds while doing weights with the arms..yikes!). I was just getting bored w/Level 1 as I've done it so many times. I'm hoping for me, a good rest (like 4 days?) from strength will help bring on a woosh. We'll see. I hope you figure it out too!

AAD
05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
4/11 = 215.7
4/20 = 215.5
4/25 = 215.3
5/2 = 214.8

MarliQQ
05-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Hiya Ladies! :cool:

Hella excited, my whoosh was not done, I saw 201 today!! This is an even better bounce point!! Now for the worrisome part, I will be done with the first five weeks of my current workout program and will be starting the second portion. The second half is definitely a bump in intensity, so I may be gaining weight--I certainly did in early April when I first started the program. I gained about 4lbs and then TOM came, so it took over a week for my weight to go back down :rolleyes:.

nonameslob DO NOT get discouraged. I think there are just some decades that are bodies are going to hold on to a lot harder. I have struggled at much higher scale numbers and felt like I was doing it all wrong, so I try really hard to acknowledge how far I have come, and so should you :hug:.

Skinnygirldreams It would be great if we always lost the weight when we felt we deserved it :). I just read a post where someone spent an entire week doing killer workouts lost no weight, took an entire week off and lost weight--most likely due to DOMS--but nevertheless, a great demonstration of the need for patience, and belief in ourselves.

nitrus29 I finished 30DS a month ago and it was awesome. I even worked in an additional 5 days per level so it took longer than 30 days. I have heard people say level 2 is easier, but I did not think so, I actually felt like each level was progressively harder. You definitely want to challenge yourself to do the least amount of modified moves by the time the level ends, it makes the next level a bit easier.

Skinnygirldreams
05-02-2014, 06:29 PM
NoName- I did just recently get engaged :) Last Monday! Thanks :)
MarliQQ- I think it'd be awesome if we could wish away the lbs lol

nonameslob
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Skinnygirldreams congratulations!

MarliQQ Thank you! I needed to hear that. I'm still stuck, but whatever! I'm sticking to my diet (for the most part) and I've been very active. I'm sure my body will catch up eventually! Looks like we're side by side right now with weight and our workout routines. We got this!

We're going camping/hiking this weekend. It's a long, intense hike with rock scrambles. I'm a bit nervous, but I know I am more fit than I was the last time I did a comparable hike, so I am also excited to see how I've improved. I'm going to try to work out HARD this week to prep my body as much as I can. And it's a good excuse to finally get some new, smaller hiking clothes :D

How was everyone's weekend?

nitrus29
05-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Congratulations Skinnygirldreams !!!

that makes sense nonameslob and MarliQQ.. I'll push myself harder while on the 30DS!!
and I agree hiking is soooo much fun now after losing weight, any excuse to shop for newer SMALLER clothes is always a plus!!! and good job on the 201 !! I can't wait to catch up with you two!!

So the entire weekend and today I saw the scale at 207.4 and it just made go to :?: each time! So this morning I picked up the scale and took a look at the batteries.. two of them were loose :dizzy: so I swapped them and weighed myself again and I ended up at 207.8 !! which was no surprise cause there was this dinner that I went to last night and I ate stuff I should not have.
The good news was that a lot of ppl who had not seen me in a while noticed the weight loss and complimented me for it so yay!! :D

Guess I just need to put in extra at the gym now on wards to make the scale go south!!!

MarliQQ
05-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi, Hi Ladies! :dizzy:

I had a pretty busy day, but I actually made working out a priority and got that done before proceeding with my morning and afternoon. So yay me!
Weighed in at 202 today, which is really good, since it is following some naughty behavior over the weekend. I am expecting to see 201 tomorrow, I think I am going to have a good day eating wise, so I don't see why not.
Oh! and I got freaking psyched over the weekend--so I am trying on shoes and outfits, trying to decide on what to wear and then BAM! :eek:--I am L O V I N G me! I notice my calves and thighs are so much more defined, and I was looking damn sexy in heels. It made me so much more excited to lose weight--I was overcome with a really really sexy high and pride. So I am drooling for my chance to be able to wear some pencil skirts and heels and strut my WAPOW! legs for all to see, :lol:.

nonameslob I would love to go hiking one day, I have never been and I am afraid to go by myself. I don't have any friends that are that "outdoorsy". Trail bike riding would probably be the farthest I could get them to go without bribing, and even then they would be miserable...

nitrus29 Oh no! I don't think I could trust my scale again after that :lol:, I would always be wondering if it is decimals off. My scale would be sitting outside for trash pickup!--because first off I don't like him that much to be giving him the benefit of the doubt and secondly that is his only job. So yeah, my scale is already toeing the line, and will continue to do so as long as he remains stubborn--so no he doesn't need another sin...

Where are you Nikitanix and Jodoto?????? :dunno:
Come on back now, ya hear?? :p

Skinnygirldreams
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
It was another busy weekend for me this weekend. While FUN, not a very good one healthy wise. lol Saturday I went out to the bar and had Fish and Chips for dinner (all fried of course!) and 2 beers... it was a birthday even for one of my good friends who I've known since drivers ed.
Yesterday, I went to a bridal expo with my sister, my brother's fiance, and my future sister-in-law. The best part is ... we are ALL engaged! It's crazy. lol After the EXPO I went to a purse party where i ate party snacks ( wasn't horrible since i mostly ate cheese, meat, cracker tray and only a few)... I did however, drink 2 glasses of sangria!

Dumplin
05-05-2014, 11:57 PM
I haven't got to post that I am finally in the teens at 215 ! I have a wedding to attend June 23 which is 7weeks away. I will be working hard to reach my goal of 199 this would be like a dream come true for me. I am not going to stop now ! Good Luck to you all on reaching your goals ! :dust:

nonameslob
05-06-2014, 09:03 AM
MarliQQ Wow, you've never been hiking? You should try going by yourself! Something relatively flat and near other people of course, but the solitude of hiking alone can be really awesome. Also, I can FEEL the confidence radiating off of you. Whoop!

Skinnygirldreams Oh I love fish and chips...and beer...so much! Glad you enjoyed your weekend. :)

Dumpin :bravo: You can definitely reach your goal for that wedding. Do you have a dress already?

---

I had a mini meltdown yesterday related to this camping/hiking trip. The more I researched the hike, the more terrified I got. Ugh. I hate going on a hike that I know is going to cause me pain and potential embarrassment. No matter how many times my boyfriend told me I could do it and I would absolutely be in better shape than a few of our other hiking companions, I just got really down on myself. I'm feeling a little bit better about it today, and it definitely helped me get in a great workout yesterday.

I just hate that it's so hard. If I was 50 pounds lighter and no more or less fit than I am right now, the hike (any hike, or any physical activity) would be way easier just because I would be carrying less weight, you know? But hey, that's why I'm fighting for this.

MarliQQ
05-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Hey Ladies! :p

Had a good weigh-in today as I predicted, saw 200 on the scale--yay! However, after nitrus29 posted about her issue with her scale yesterday, I remembered an article I read about digital scales being programmed to read the same number if it is stepped on twice in a short amount of time. So I decided to test my scale some at home and discovered that my scale does do this but it was not as extreme as I read, where some stepped off and quickly placed another weighted mass on the scale and got the same reading. My scale realizes the change in mass and adjusts, however, I tested myself dressed and undressed and realized that there is like a 30 sec window where it will give me the same reading:goodscale. I have to wait for that 30 sec window to pass before I get a correct reading. Now granted, using myself as a test these were only small fluctuations--less than a pound--but still it is an eye opener. I am going to test this on some other digital scales, I really want to see if this is a prevailing issue.....

nonameslob Oh yeah I certainly felt confident :). And you should be more confident than you are sounding--I know easier said than done :D. But I truly think we put more of a spotlight on our own shortcomings than others even think to notice. Your boyfriend seemed to hit the nail right on the head, and I am sure he is right. I have a feeling that you will do a much better job than you think you will ;).

nonameslob
05-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Hmm, I checked my scale after what you wrote and mine doesn't do that. I guess that's good? lol I also re-zeroed and reset my scale. No change. I guess I can't blame it on the scale :P

nitrus29
05-07-2014, 10:08 AM
that was a good scale test there MarliQQ.. I didnt know digital scales had that problem.. I'll keep that in mind now on. Good news is I finally saw a loss of 1 lb.. weighed in at 206 this morning so yay :carrot:
The weather is so nice, it makes me want to stay out n be active even after I am done with the gym.. I woke up early this morning n tried to get in a workout before work too! Hopefully increasing the workouts will pull me out of this 'plateau'.

MarliQQ
05-07-2014, 01:10 PM
nonameslob It is always fun to blame the scale :D. nitrus29 I think the intention of the manufacturers of some of these scales is to give us the strong impression that the scale is always accurate. I am a person who double checks my weight always, I never step on a scale just once, and that is what they are guarding against. And yeah nonameslob, I discovered that it was not the case for all in the house. Either way, none of this is really a concern just enlightening for if and when I purchase a new scale. Some on 3FC have had to deal with much more problematic scale concerns--like their scale being off by 5lbs+ on a regular basis :dizzy:. That would piss me off! Imagine if you thought you were in Onederland, and you actually weren't :eek:.

nonameslob
05-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Imagine if you thought you weren't in Onederland, and actually were! Oh, if only ;)

MarliQQ
05-07-2014, 03:48 PM
:lol: If only! Pipe dreams.....sheesh :cloud9:

Rebecca85
05-07-2014, 04:02 PM
HI all I'd like to join in if thats OK? I am just dying to get out of the 280s! I cant wait It kills me that my hubby is dropping weight like a mad man and here I am! Some days I want to spike his food with chocolate! lol I love that man but dang it!

Elladorine
05-07-2014, 05:34 PM
I got all the way down to 205.5 last month, and went right back up to 210. I weigh-in tonight and am hoping for a decent loss. I really want to get down below 200 this summer and especially want to reach 196, when I'll no longer be obese! I've been nothing but obese or worse since junior high and it's time to get out of that range once and for all.

Skinnygirldreams
05-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Your weight loss so far IS AMAZING Elladorine! Way to go :) Keep pushing along you got this :)

nonameslob
05-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Rebecca85 Hi! Isn't it so frustrating to see how quickly men can lose weight?! It's not fair! I know how you feel. Every time my bf steps on the scale I get infuriated...but at the same time I'm happy for him. Ugh, conflicting emotions. You can do it!

The scale finally moved in the right direction! 200.2 :carrot:

I thought 201 was "so close to Onederland" but now I know what it really feels like to be on the edge...haha. I'm headed on a camping trip tonight, and there will be lots of food (hopefully balanced out by lots of activity) but I don't expect to come back weighing less. However, it feels good to know that the scale has finally recognized my hard work these last few weeks. :lol:

Elladorine
05-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Your weight loss so far IS AMAZING Elladorine! Way to go :) Keep pushing along you got this :)Aw, thank you so much! :hug: I definitely know I can't stop now!

I lost 4.5 pounds for the week, so being at 205.5 again makes me feel back on track. Here's to hoping I can get out of the 200's in the next month or so. :)

nitrus29
05-08-2014, 01:31 PM
great job on the losses Elladorine.. I remember seeing your pictures in one of the other threads many months ago! Did you have a baby already? Wow time flies!! Good to see you back OP !! Good luck!! :D

no change in the scale today, I'm gonna go out and get new batteries.. just to get the thought out of my head! :D

AAD
05-08-2014, 06:05 PM
4/11 = 215.7
4/20 = 215.5
4/25 = 215.3
5/2 = 214.8
5/8 = 214.6

Sorrow
05-09-2014, 07:34 AM
lost another 2 lbs! getting there slowly! Having a lot of constipation issues as of late and have had to resort to taking laxatives. I resort to my good old beetroot to soothe my tummy. Also noticing that my hair is falling out! I think i'll need to check with my doctor since i read it might be thyroid issues. (a low carb diet can shock your thyroid it seems)

hope you are having a good time, feel good today because the sun is out! (amazing how the weather can make such an impact on how you feel!) 5lb away from onderland

nikitanix
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey hey hey!!!

I have been AWOL for a while but still tracking my weight and still exercising when I can, but the move has almost finished, the final touch being today when I finally got my wifi and phone installed!! Been without for a week and a half!! Also I don't have a TV as I watch everything online so I have had to resort to my very small DVD collection for some entertainment.

My most recent weigh in was Monday when I was down to 207, so I am getting there, slowly but surely!!

Sorrow, I just noticed your post as it's the last one. Apparently chromium is a way to stop hair loss from dieting. I'm not sure if it's in any particular food, or maybe you can take it as a supplement?

Ok, better get back to work!! So looking forward to catching up with TV tonight!!!

MarliQQ
05-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Hiya Ladies!

Still teeter tottering between 201 and 200, but it is my own doing, I have not been the most behaved :devil:. I am getting tired of this, so I am kicking myself in the butt and am going to go back to being "perfection" for the next while :club:. So I am confident I will be seeing Onederland in the next few days :D.

nikitanix Thought I had to put out an amber alert for you :p. Good to hear that you were good while you were gone :D.

Sorrow Oh my! I would definitely see a doctor, not only could thyroid issues affect weight loss, but a whole gamut of other things to be more concerned about. I hope it all works out :hug:.

Skinnygirldreams
05-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Hey ladies :) Awesome work everyone! I don't have much going on weight loss wise... down a lb. Its a stressful week this week. I have school finals this week tuesday and thursday. I work today and tomorrow (12 hour days). I'm just holding out for thursday evening because I leave for florida Friday morning!!!!! I can't wait :)

Elladorine
05-12-2014, 12:00 AM
great job on the losses Elladorine.. I remember seeing your pictures in one of the other threads many months ago! Did you have a baby already? Wow time flies!! Good to see you back OP !! Good luck!! :D
Thank you! :hug: Yeah, time is really flying! Here's some pretty recent pictures (http://instagram.com/p/nbUa9uNIvG/) of me and the baby, as of today he's already five months old!

nonameslob
05-12-2014, 08:45 AM
nikitanix Good to see you posting again! Hope you're settling into the new place well.

MarliQQ I am right there with you! I think I'll see Onederland this week, but I know it will be a few weeks until I'm solidly under.

Had a great, long weekend away. My body is in recovery...lots of hiking plus a very long car ride. This week is going to be crazy at work so hopefully I can stay on track.

nikitanix
05-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Hey everyone, great to be back!! Thanks for thinking of me Marli and noname!! It really helped me stay accountable knowing I had this thread to come back to, even though I wasn't posting I thought about how I wanted to come back with good news and not with a horror story of rapidly gaining, so it seems even just thinking about having to 'confess my sins' made me stay good!!

Marli, good luck with the new angelic you, onderland will be yours in no time!!

Skinnygirl, hope your long work days aren't too hard! And, have fun on your trip - sounds great!!!

Elladorine, your baby is soooo cute!! He looks like a proper little man with all that hair!!

Noname, sounds like a great weekend and very healthy too with all that hiking! Good luck with the week ahead!

Weighed in this am to a 1.5lb loss, so I'm edging towards onederland, never thought I'd get this far - woohoo!!!

nitrus29
05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
OMG he's such a cutie Elladorine - bless his little heart, he's a happy baby!! I'm sure just running around after him is helping with the weight loss.. you look great!!!

Not much to report on the scale, steady on 206 this morning.. hoping to see it slide this week!!

MarliQQ
05-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Hiya Ladies!!

So I have been seeing Onederland numbers and it feels good :woohoo:. I wish I could be much more excited about it than I am and actually be "present" in my victory, but I kind of had my happiness squashed by a new need to lose a bit more weight faster than expected. So I am trying to get myself more focused than ever, which I am kind of scared to do, because I don't want to become more obsessed with losing weight. I also don't want my motivation to burn out before I even get to goal, I know how my mind works. Anywho, my new mini goal is 180lbs and it couldn't get here soon enough :).

Elladorine You have a gorgeous child :D. He seems so ready for the camera. I would take him on some casting calls...

nonameslob How did you fare on your hiking trip??? I bet you did great ;).

Easily Amused:welcome3: Best feeling getting into the last thread before Onederland!