General chatter - What are you reading March 2014?

View Full Version : What are you reading March 2014?

Psychic
03-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Its another new month. Post what you're reading!

Psychic
03-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Currently Reading
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

Already Read
Hidden by Sophie Jordan
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
Ethereal Fury by Jessica O'Gorek
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (re-reading the series)
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr (re-reading the series)
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (re-reading the series)

AwShucks
03-07-2014, 12:48 AM
Still reading Winter's Tale by Mark Halpern. I'm 303 pages into it and not even halfway through!

LovesToTravel
03-07-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm listening to the audiobook version of Opening the Door of Your Heart: And Other Tales of Buddhist Happiness by Ajahn Brahm while I'm on the treadmill.

Waterbunny77
03-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Was going to read and study Excel for Dummies but now that I got a job where I don't have to use it, it's going back to the library. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

LilDazed
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Looking for Alaska by John Green. Read it in college, but I wanna reread it because I'm going to start writing reviews for romance novels. Will keep ya updated!

CanadianCutie
03-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Reading Poor Little Dead Girls. I got it as a Goodreads win. It's teen fiction, but I enjoy reading that from time to time.

Radiojane
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Just finished The Marriage Plot By Jeffrey Eugenides. It wasn't that great.

Currently reading The Night Strangers By Chris Bohjalian

EagleRiverDee
03-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm slogging my way through the last book in the Game of Thrones series. I liked the series better in the first couple books, but I'm determined to finish.

Psychic
03-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Finally starting that Ethereal Fury book that I won from a Goodreads giveaway. It seems fairly interesting and I'm looking forward to it. Its such an unique concept.

EagleRiverDee
03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I took a quick break from the final book in the Game of Thrones series to read "Kings Deception" by Steve Berry. I always enjoy his books. I finished it up last night, today I'll be back to working my way through GoT.

Radiojane
03-13-2014, 04:46 PM
I really like Steve Berry. It's been a long time since I read his work. Might have to find some.

becklynn
03-14-2014, 10:25 AM
reading love's long journey by janette oke.
my local library is having a reading challenge. each month you read a book from a different genre. this month was science fiction or fantasy. so i read the magician's nephew from the chronicles of narnia series. it was good. :)

plumprunner
03-14-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm working my way through The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson.

Yeah, I'm about 5 years behind the rest of the world. :p

nonameslob
03-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss.

50 pages in and I already cried!

shea
03-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Why kings confess by CS Harris
Murder of Crows by Ann Bishop
These were both the new releases in a series the first a historical mystery and the second fantasy. Enjoyed them both very much. Also read one of the companion books to Downton Abbey. The title escapes me but I liked it and so ordered the other from the library.

Psychic
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I've been flying through The Eternity Cure. Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite YA authors. Her main series is The Iron Fey, which is absolutely amazing. Right now I'm reading the second book in the Blood of Eden series, which is a dystopian society/vampire series.

LovesToTravel
03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Currently reading Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris.

EagleRiverDee
03-26-2014, 06:24 PM
I finished up the last book in the "Game of Thrones" series (I'm bummed- I had no idea the author wasn't finished, and of course he killed off more characters right at the end and left it in a cliffhanger), plus read a book about search and rescue called "Seeking the Lost". I also just finished up "Divergent" (the movie previews got me interested in reading the books) and now am reading "Insurgent", the second book in the Trilogy. Plus I just got notified that the second book in Nora Roberts' "Cousins O'Dwyer" series that I had on pre-order has been delivered, it's called "Shadow Spell" so I've got plenty to read for a bit! I need to cool it a little because I'm back to staying up too late to read. Haha.

Psychic
03-27-2014, 08:15 AM
EagleRiverDee - I'm watching GoT, so I don't want to read the books and spoil it for myself. Once the show is completely done in a couple of years, I'll probably go back and read them. PS, the Divergent movie is pretty good. There are a few differences from the book (mainly the end), but it was a decent adaptation.

CindySunshine
03-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Currently reading:

The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku a science book but I like that stuff

Recently finished:

Journeys on the Silk Road by Joyce Morgan and Conrad Walters about the true archaeological discoveries by Aurel Stein including the Diamond Sutra I liked it a lot!
The Maze Runner by James Daschner if you liked the Hunger Games you will love this one, movie being released later in 2014 I read it fast good stuff
The Apple Cider Rules by John Irving never had gotten around to reading it loved it

I just picked up an old favorite River God by Wilbur Smith at a thrift sale loved that one decades ago going to read it again

Radiojane
03-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Finished The Night Strangers By Chris Bohjalian last night. Not bad if you like slightly spooky stories.

Started book one of the Sookie Stackhouse books last night. I have a habit of reading series or all of one author (last year I read Christopher Moore), but I had taken a break. I'm also reading The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry.

I also have an audible subscription and I'm listening to a biography of Fred Macmurry.

EagleRiverDee
03-27-2014, 03:46 PM
EagleRiverDee - I'm watching GoT, so I don't want to read the books and spoil it for myself. Once the show is completely done in a couple of years, I'll probably go back and read them. PS, the Divergent movie is pretty good. There are a few differences from the book (mainly the end), but it was a decent adaptation.

I was wondering. Thanks for the comment- I would like to go see the movie but I was wondering how good of an adaptation they had done. I am one of those people who gets ticked if they diverge (haha) from the book plot overly much. GoT does, and it bugs me every time I watch it. LOL