General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

Why kings confess by CS Harris
Murder of Crows by Ann Bishop
These were both the new releases in a series the first a historical mystery and the second fantasy. Enjoyed them both very much. Also read one of the companion books to Downton Abbey. The title escapes me but I liked it and so ordered the other from the library.
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #17  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been flying through The Eternity Cure. Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite YA authors. Her main series is The Iron Fey, which is absolutely amazing. Right now I'm reading the second book in the Blood of Eden series, which is a dystopian society/vampire series.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #18  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Currently reading Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #19  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I finished up the last book in the "Game of Thrones" series (I'm bummed- I had no idea the author wasn't finished, and of course he killed off more characters right at the end and left it in a cliffhanger), plus read a book about search and rescue called "Seeking the Lost". I also just finished up "Divergent" (the movie previews got me interested in reading the books) and now am reading "Insurgent", the second book in the Trilogy. Plus I just got notified that the second book in Nora Roberts' "Cousins O'Dwyer" series that I had on pre-order has been delivered, it's called "Shadow Spell" so I've got plenty to read for a bit! I need to cool it a little because I'm back to staying up too late to read. Haha.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #20  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

EagleRiverDee - I'm watching GoT, so I don't want to read the books and spoil it for myself. Once the show is completely done in a couple of years, I'll probably go back and read them. PS, the Divergent movie is pretty good. There are a few differences from the book (mainly the end), but it was a decent adaptation.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #21  

Currently reading:

The Future of the Mind by Michio Kaku a science book but I like that stuff

Recently finished:

Journeys on the Silk Road by Joyce Morgan and Conrad Walters about the true archaeological discoveries by Aurel Stein including the Diamond Sutra I liked it a lot!
The Maze Runner by James Daschner if you liked the Hunger Games you will love this one, movie being released later in 2014 I read it fast good stuff
The Apple Cider Rules by John Irving never had gotten around to reading it loved it

I just picked up an old favorite River God by Wilbur Smith at a thrift sale loved that one decades ago going to read it again
CindySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #22  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Finished The Night Strangers By Chris Bohjalian last night. Not bad if you like slightly spooky stories.

Started book one of the Sookie Stackhouse books last night. I have a habit of reading series or all of one author (last year I read Christopher Moore), but I had taken a break. I'm also reading The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry.

I also have an audible subscription and I'm listening to a biography of Fred Macmurry.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #23  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
EagleRiverDee - I'm watching GoT, so I don't want to read the books and spoil it for myself. Once the show is completely done in a couple of years, I'll probably go back and read them. PS, the Divergent movie is pretty good. There are a few differences from the book (mainly the end), but it was a decent adaptation.
I was wondering. Thanks for the comment- I would like to go see the movie but I was wondering how good of an adaptation they had done. I am one of those people who gets ticked if they diverge (haha) from the book plot overly much. GoT does, and it bugs me every time I watch it. LOL
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote