General chatter - Valentine's suggestions?

View Full Version : Valentine's suggestions?

Wannabeskinny
02-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Valentine's is coming up and I need some fresh ideas about what to do for hubby. Later in the month we are celebrating our anniversary for which we go out to dinner and get a babysitter. But Valentine's Day we never go out, it's so much hassle at restaurants, don't want to find a sitter and much prefer to spend it together at home without commercializing it.

But I do love celebrating. Usually I just make a special dinner and he gets me flowers. Any ideas to shake it up a bit? And remember, we have a toddler we are celebrating with :o

VikingBride2Be
02-05-2014, 10:30 AM
FI and I are doing a paint and pour to try and stay out of the chaotic (and calorically heavy) dinner scene. You could try an at home version? Go to a craft store and get some canvas (1 big one or even three squares so that you can hang them all in a row) and paint to create a masterpiece for your home. Or you can get non-toxic paint so that everyone can get involved.

Wannabeskinny
02-05-2014, 10:33 AM
FI and I are doing a paint and pour to try and stay out of the chaotic (and calorically heavy) dinner scene. You could try an at home version? Go to a craft store and get some canvas (1 big one or even three squares so that you can hang them all in a row) and paint to create a masterpiece for your home. Or you can get non-toxic paint so that everyone can get involved.

Wow that sounds like a lot of fun, nice thinking out of the box! But for us maybe this won't go over well with hubby - he's an artist and an art teacher and this would be more like work work work for him haha! We're kind of up to our nekcs with canvas and paint here, but I like the idea of doing an activity!

CanadianCutie
02-05-2014, 10:40 AM
How about a family friendly movie, and dinner with candles (out of reach of the toddler of course). Could also have a romantic time planned once the toddler is asleep.

shcirerf
02-08-2014, 12:21 AM
I hear you, on the whole commercial junk.

How about, simple supper, get the babes to bed, keep it simple!

Foot rub! Ya can't go wrong there. :D

Quite frankly, it does not have to be about, flowers, or chocolate, or any of the traditional stuff.

Finding those few quiet moments, to share, means a lot more. :hug:

NemesisClaws
02-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Hmm...welllllllllll..........you could do the whole special dinner and lovely movie like usual....wait till your child goes to sleep, and then show off a nice nightgown for a night of intimacy....I bet there's even some edible paint you could pour all over him...LOL

Wannabeskinny
02-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Haha, edible paint lol!