Ideal Protein Diet - Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

Pages : 1 [2]

Kawaii1002
02-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Steph and IPN,

So funny that this has come up,because it has been happening a lot this week. I agree Steph, it does mess with my perception of where I am in this journey.

My friend that originally did IP (she is a crossfit competitor and PE teacher) asked me if I was almost done. I said no , that I still had 20 pounds till goal. She said, really?!! I then pulled out my BMI line and she said that that was a terrible way off determining body health. She is a pretty good friend, so I grabbed my thigh and said believe me, I can still afford to lose some weight. She said to be careful because the clinic wanted my $$$.

I have been looking around at other people's body and frame. People do not say that most of them are getting too thin, so I agree with IPN. They must be comparing it to how we looked previously. I also, remember feeling fat at this weight when I was younger. I was this weight the summer after college and felt obese! So how can I be getting too thin now?

My goal is to take weight out of my mental equation. My original goal was BP and getting off Meds., done. Now, my goal is that when someone describes me, weight will not be part of the descriptors. I want to be an average weight and be viewed as healthy. If the "golden moment" idea is true with low carb diets and that the first time is the most successful, then I want this to be my last time. The other part is, I realize that other than more fruits and veggies and a little more freedom in how I cook, my life can not go back to what it was before ever.

That being said, I lay in bed this morning stunned that I am six pounds from my original goal. When I started IP, I never dreamed that I would feel so free after 4.5 months. It almost brought me to tears. To have the feeling,that I am well on my way to vanquishing my lifelong nemesis is very powerful.

As of this last weigh in, I'm 2.4lbs away from being in the 200's, and 6.8lbs away from my 100lbs.. So within the next two weeks, these big goals are happening. I NEVER thought that I'd be here... I haven't seen the 200's since middle school.

I know that not many here will understand this, but you can relate to some extent. 14 years ago, I started this journey at 642lbs. Granted I'm not *that* big anymore, but there's part of me that still sees me in the mirror as that big. I'm a little discouraged that I'm closing in on another 100lbs gone, and I've lost a total of 340lbs (since the highest weight), but I've *still* got another 165lbs to go to get to goal!

So essentially, I've lost two average sized women, and I'm still morbidly obese, sigh...

stephascope
02-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Kawaii - Thanks for joining in the conversation today. Good to see you back. I can't believe how much weight you have lost. I feel like a jerk complaining about my last 14-15 lbs. You are doing amazingly well!

My coach had tons of brownies this week - it was the crisps I wanted! lol

want2bskinnyagain
02-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Kawaii: I wish I could give you a hug right now. I think you have done an amazing job so far and you WILL get to goal. All your hard work is paying off.
Always remember you are braver then you believe, Stronger then you seem, and smarter then you think.

Your morbidly obese comment has been something I have been thinking about lately. For me to get to a 'normal' BMI range I would need to be 141lbs at the most. When I was 18-19yo I lost 40ish pounds and I was 140lbs, I have never been that weight since and I was only 140lbs for a few weeks, I just couldn't maintain that, so I went up to 145-150 and was good there. Today I am 20 years older and have had 2 kids. I don't think the BMI is realistic. I have always wanted to be a certain number on the scale but lately I am thinking that if I get to 150 and I am still 'overweight' will I be happy with that? Is it even possible/realistic for me to even think I can get to 140 again? If I do get there how do I maintain that when I couldn't 20 years ago? I guess I am trying to say I think the BMI scales are not something I really want to look at to see how healthy I am or how much I should weigh. Is this wrong? What do you guys think about the BMI scales?

Hiker88
02-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Kawaii, you continue to amaze me! How inspiring to hear just a smiget of your story..... as the old commercial says... "you've come a long way baby!" Thanks for sharing.... I'll be watching for those two's and for you to hit your 100 lb loss!! Huge accomplishments! Any personal rewards planned????

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Great conversation today. I agree with Want2be, goal weight is personal. Discussed it with my mom today. I pointed out a girl in front of us and said- she is my height, below 160 does she look too thin? My mom's response was no. It is perspective.

I also like the idea of going into the goal weight satisfied with where you are
when you begin maintenance. My fitness guru pal said BMI is not a good measure. How we feel in our body is. Right now, I still feel over weight, so I am not near done.

We are all on this journey. All we can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other until we reach our destination. It does seem long sometime, because it is hard. But did you imagine that in less than 5 months, you would be the weight you are right now? I told Kawaii, a while ago that this is not just a get to goal journey, it is for life. I will be there supporting each of you until all of our journeys to goal are done. All of you- help me focus on making my health a priority.

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Kawaii,

I only eat the brownies on the weekend for breakfast because I get up a little later and there is not so much time until lunch. It did mess up my little routine, and I was not happy :(

You are doing a fantastic job and will be moving into Twoderville soon! Your journey is longer but you have the tools now to change the rest of your life. I know that you are looking forward to an active and wonderful life with your family. The sacrifice and hard-work will be worth it. I am so proud of you and know that you are going to continue to do this! Instead of discouraged, change that to encouraged that you are almost: 100 pounds less than you were in Oct., that you are changing the eating patterns of every member of your household and that you are dealing with all the emotional crap that was hidden by the weight. Seems to me, that you are full of courage.

Kawaii1002
02-22-2014, 10:33 PM
So when I told my MiL about where I was, she said "we NEED to meet up." She ended up taking me shopping (6.8lbs early) and got me the dress in the pic below, as well as the shrug, underarmor type "shapewear" because I've got quite a bit of extra skin that needs tucking and flattening, and a pair of new jeans.

My "reward" for myself was a new bra. Started at a size 50DDD, down to a 40H.. (for the record, that's only 3 band sizes bigger than my daughter that weighs 135lbs). I've gone from a 5x top to a 2x, and the jeans I got were a size *drumroll* 18.... (This is from catherine's where the jeans are VERY stretchy, at Lane Bryant, I'm in a size 24 in their "stretchy" jeans, and a 26 in their not so stretchy ones..

Hiker88
02-22-2014, 10:37 PM
So when I told my MiL about where I was, she said "we NEED to meet up." She ended up taking me shopping (6.8lbs early) and got me the dress in the pic below, as well as the shrug, underarmor type "shapewear" because I've got quite a bit of extra skin that needs tucking and flattening, and a pair of new jeans.

My "reward" for myself was a new bra. Started at a size 50DDD, down to a 40H.. (for the record, that's only 3 band sizes bigger than my daughter that weighs 135lbs). I've gone from a 5x top to a 2x, and the jeans I got were a size *drumroll* 18.... (This is from catherine's where the jeans are VERY stretchy, at Lane Bryant, I'm in a size 24 in their "stretchy" jeans, and a 26 in their not so stretchy ones..

Love the dress! you look awesome!

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Want2b, IP has taught me:

1. I do not need food to deal with my emotions.
2. That my body is healthier when eating protein.
3. Portion size and to read the labels.

Thank you for your words today and the quotes. They really make me think.

want2bskinnyagain
02-23-2014, 02:06 AM
Kawii: love the dress, it looks so good!! Blue is my fav color!!

Slip is right we are all on this journey together and we will all be here after we have all reached our goals. Keep going Oct. IPers!!! We have all had amazing success since Oct.

Wine4me
02-23-2014, 05:34 AM
I am back and feeling so discouraged. I have not lost in two weeks, and work the program about 80%. Why do I always seem to pop a bad food item, into my mouth? It is like I have no control, since my holidays last month. I am trying so hard to get back to 100% OP. I know it seems like the last five pounds should be easy, but they are the hardest of this whole journey. I keep reading all the posts to find inspiration. I wonder if I go to Phase two, would it be for the better, or should I stay on Phase one till I hit goal?

Sorry for rambling on. I just had to get this out. I also pulled a leg muscle and have not been able to exercise much in the last two weeks. It seems to be healing so slow. maybe I have the winter blues?

Help, advice would be appreciated. Thanks

IdealProteinNewbie
02-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Kawaii: You look beautiful!

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 08:52 AM

Kawaii - I love reading your posts! You are so inspirational - you've come such a long way and your determination just radiates from your posts. Congrats! And you look gorgeous in that dress to boot!

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone for all your nice comments. I feel better about myself when I'm talking with you. I guess I'm a needy type person.. I still look to people outside of myself for affirmation. Trying to get better about that, and I have definitely made progress.. but hey.. we all have things to work on, right?

EVERYONE here is doing an amazing job. Whether we are at goal, still chugging along like a steam engine, or struggling.. one step, one thought, one craving at a time... we will ALL make it to "the finish line". Which isn't a finish line at all... it's just a healthy life!! :)

:hug:

Slipfree
02-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi wine4me,

I think Kooky had some good advice, try for one day of 100%. I think you need to take a look at why you are choosing to put things in your mouth. Think back to that first week of IP, you did not let anything off protocol into your mouth. What is different now? Are you nervous about reaching your goal?

You are also out of ketosis and which is why the car cravings are so strong (it's funny, I picture a muppets monster in my head for the carb monster.) You have had a number of fun social events that have thrown you off, how does your schedule look for the next week? Time to make IP your focus again.

The last 5 pounds are hard. Most of us have said that in the past, we have never made it to goal. Maybe this bit of struggle is meant to help you figure out maintenance before you get to goal. I am sorry that you have injured your keg and can not exercise, I know that really helps. I know that you can do this! Just dig deep into that determination that got you this far and think about why-you want to get there. :dust: :hug:

LUCCILOVE
02-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Kawaii1002--You look FAB!!! You go girl!!!! The color of the dress is a great color for you!!!

wine4me--You can do it. I think maybe you should stop zoning on that you only have 5lbs to loose. Pretend you are just starting again on P1 and maybe for a good week do it 100% I bet you will be back on track. I know it is easier said then done. Nip it in the bud. We are here for u

CONGRATS to my Canadian friends on the Mens Gold in Hockey - great game!!!

want2bskinnyagain
02-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Wine4me: I agree with everyone else, get back on 100% and see what happens, my guess is the scale will move in thr right direction. Maybe as incentive give yourself a 'reward' for being 100% for a week, it could be a new book, a manicure or anything else that would keep you on track.

Kawaii: I feel better talking to everyone here too. I think it is easier to say things here then it is to a friend in real life, and here we are all going thru the same things.

When you feel like giving up, remember why you started! I love this quote, when I think about why I started I remember how I felt about myself, how hard it was to do things(like tie my shoes), how gross I felt. Gives me motivation to keep going.

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 03:43 PM
So in getting clearance from the doc to FINALLY begin exercising, I took up walking.. nothing crazy.. just walking. Went to Harkness Park yesterday while waiting for my hubby to get off the train and walked 1.4 miles in 18 minutes.. not too shabby!

It felt so good that today I drove down to the park by myself with the dog with the express purpose of going to exercise... I had it in my head to do 60 minutes of movement.. not running, just walking.. ok.. somewhere in there I thought to myself "Hey, I might manage to do a 5k!"... 60 minutes rolled on by and I was *this close* to 4 miles that I couldn't give in.. I did 4.011 miles in 1:05:13.. hot diggity!

Lemme tell you.. there's nothing better than blowing past every hurdle you've ever created for yourself and proving you CAN do it. Never give up on your goals for yourselves.. we CAN do this!

Wine4me
02-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Hi wine4me,

I think Kooky had some good advice, try for one day of 100%. I think you need to take a look at why you are choosing to put things in your mouth. Think back to that first week of IP, you did not let anything off protocol into your mouth. What is different now? Are you nervous about reaching your goal?

You are also out of ketosis and which is why the car cravings are so strong (it's funny, I picture a muppets monster in my head for the carb monster.) You have had a number of fun social events that have thrown you off, how does your schedule look for the next week? Time to make IP your focus again.

The last 5 pounds are hard. Most of us have said that in the past, we have never made it to goal. Maybe this bit of struggle is meant to help you figure out maintenance before you get to goal. I am sorry that you have injured your keg and can not exercise, I know that really helps. I know that you can do this! Just dig deep into that determination that got you this far and think about why-you want to get there. :dust: :hug:

Thank you for your advice. :)

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM
So here's some quotes that I found today:

"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill"

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." ~~ William Durant”

This pretty much sums up all of us. We all have good times. We all struggle at times. It's that determination to pick yourself up off the floor when you've faceplanted it and say "well I won't do THAT again."

Slipfree
02-23-2014, 05:28 PM
You know you are on IP when: a family birthday at a restaurant makes you think, man I hope there is something OP on the menu.

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
When date night means "what place have we had good experiences at for OP eating??"

Outback Steakhouse and Longhorn were GREAT btw.. :)

want2bskinnyagain
02-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Kawaii: Good for you! Walking is still exercise, don't discredit yourself. You are still beating everyone that is still on the couch!!!

So my DH mentioned our shopping trip next weekend and he is already thinking about places we can eat at, or how we can stick to plan. I was soooo proud of him for this, usually he would be like "it's just a weekend, get back on the diet on Monday"! I think he finally gets that this is working for me(well both of us since he has lost 25lbs too) and wants us to get to goal as much as we do. It is the small things in life that make you smile!:D

Also we had our friends stop in for lunch today, I had the fixings for sandwiches...but I never had any bread! I had lunch meat and veggies. Again I think of this as a NSV, because I love bread. I am so glad my mind got on board with the rest of me. I think once you can get your mind convinced anything is possible.:carrot:

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Question for everyone... I know the usual protocol is for every 60 minutes of exercise you do add 4oz of lean protein or another packet. I added the protein after the walk, and after all my food today (including a restricted) my calorie count is up to a net 51 calories. Should I be worried? My walk burned 940 calories..

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Want2be,

Congrats on getting your hubby into the program! Also, good job on getting your brain into it too! I think that's the hardest part.. But once you do it, you feel like you can accomplish anything!

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Question for everyone... I know the usual protocol is for every 60 minutes of exercise you do add 4oz of lean protein or another packet. I added the protein after the walk, and after all my food today (including a restricted) my calorie count is up to a net 51 calories. Should I be worried? My walk burned 940 calories..

Kawaii - where are you getting the 950 calories burned from? That seems awfully high.

Kawaii1002
02-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Kawaii - where are you getting the 950 calories burned from? That seems awfully high.

Ruth,

Nike+ run app on my phone with a Pyle Heartrate monitor tracking calories burned. I did 4.01 miles in 1:05:13 (so I was going approximately 4mph off pavement and some beach/sand terrain thrown in..

**Edit** did some online research and generally what I've seen for calorie burn is 765.. sooo I'll be happy, shut up and enjoy my evening... thanks Ruth Ann.. I'll be sure to cross check things before I worry next time.

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Always good to double check Kawaii and good for you for getting some exercise!

dlr9774
02-23-2014, 09:25 PM
I had a good OP day which is right now - day for day to get myself over a small hump and into ketosis again. I am planning for success this week, I have my stir fry made, and peppers and celery in baggies ready for grab and go. I also did some Chicken breasts in the oven so they are ready to eat after work!

I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.

WAY TO GO CANADIAN MEN's and WOMAN's Curling and Hockey, bringing home 4 GOLD

dlr9774
02-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Slipfree, Kooky, and Lucilove - love your advise about going 100% IP for a day and then another then make it a week! You are right, and that is exactly what I am going to do! The advice for Wine4me, but really you are touching other IP members with sharing this information that we ALL KNOW!

Slipfree
02-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Dlr- great planning! Planning is definitely the key to IP success. Love how you are willing yourself over the hump and back into ketosis.

Want2b- way to make it through lunch. I am lucky, I do not really like bread all that much. Glad that your DH is being so supportive.

Happiness will be no snow days this week, my fingers are crossed.

Slipfree
02-24-2014, 07:31 AM
Good Morning,

No snow! It is going to be a great day. Hope it is an easy OP day for all of you.

LUCCILOVE
02-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Headsup.... World Market Stores has a 1 day sale today Monday on all Torani syrups and some are sugar free. I think some of you use them Instead of $7.99 the bottles are $3.99. I am going to check this out today after my WI.

Hope this helps

KookySuki
02-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Good morning!

Slipfree- glad you woke up to no snow!

Lucci- good luck at your WI!

want2bskinnyagain
02-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Happy Monday! A busy week ahead for me, but I will be checking in.

I is the only difference between fit and fat!! I found this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great for us. We have ALL accomplished a lot so far and we are doing this on our own. Nobody, (but ourselves) is making our food for us, nobody(but ourselves) is giving us motivation, we are determined to reach our goals. Great job group!!!

Jig
02-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone,

Congrats on getting into exercising Kawaii! I've been doing really well on that front as well. When I got back from my fishing trip I weighed in at 312. I ended up having to stay on the trip a few days extra and ran out of IP food, not to mention its somewhat hard to stick to IP on a small fishing boat. However, I've done really well and the scale this morning said 304 so I'm hoping to be down below 300 by Friday's weigh-in. If not this Friday then definitely the following one. Been working out 20 minutes every day on my elliptical.

Jig
02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Also, I saw several of you post dog pics. Here is our family beagle, Snoopy! Brought her in to work with me a few weeks ago when the temps were in the single digits. She liked that!

wantanewme
02-24-2014, 03:37 PM
hi my fabulous october starters!

so happy to see so many of you stuck it out.
remember me? i'm sorry i went MIA on you. after the holidays i fell off the ip wagon and gained back about 10 pounds. i've had a lot going on in my personal life which has kept me off track.
so about a month ago i decided to take charge of my fitness again. i hired a personal trainer and work out with her 2 times a week. about 10 days ago i started a new dvd series/eating plan by beachbody called 21 day fix. i was hoping the more balanced approach to eating/exercising would jumpstart my weight loss. the thing that sucks is that i've gained a couple of pounds since then.

so here is what i would love to do.
if you'll have me, it would be awesome to start posting here again.
i'd like to continue working out, maybe 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minute sessions, with a mix of cardio and weight training.
i'd like to resume eating low carb, perhaps ip with alternatives, because i think a ketogenic diet is what works best for me.
on the diet i'm on right now i feel like i get way too many carbs and not enough protein. (4 small servings of protein, 2 carbs, and 2 fruit).

so, can i please rejoin this thread and post her with you all?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO EXERCISE ON IP: how do you do it? do you add an extra protein, any carbs, and when and how much?

thanks! looking forward to getting back on track and catching up.

Wine4me
02-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Hello IPers! Just to report I had a 100% day yesterday!! So happy and the scale is reflective. Today is going to be 100% as well. One day at a time!
Thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Have a great week everyone!

Slipfree
02-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi all,

Welcome back Wantanewme! Of course, you can join us again. Sorry to hear that you are having personal stuff, but glad that you are ready to stop the re-gain.

Jig, my family raise beagles for field trials. I have been around them all my life.

Wine4me- great effort!

Kooky- was so relieved to have no snow. It was cold again, but 3 days of sunshine in a row!!! So much better for my spirits.

Luccilove, how was WI? So funny just before coming on, I ordered 10 bottles of Torani at WM, 3.99 each with an extra 10% off with SAVEBIG10 promo code.

So tired today. Great day at school, but Mondays wear me out.

LUCCILOVE
02-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Had a great day....WI lost 3.5lbs. So pleased with that.

I love everyone's dogs. So cute.

Got my Torani syrups they had a lot of sugar free stuff. I have never used them before. Can't wait to try new stuff

You go girl wine4me

Slipfree
02-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Luccilove, I love the brown sugar and cinnamon and the Belgian sugar cookie for my coffee.

LUCCILOVE
02-24-2014, 07:05 PM
I bought those. I don't drink coffee going to use it when bake my packet recipes

dlr9774
02-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Dr Oz show today MONDAY is about rebooting your system from sugar addiction. It's a detox from to cut your cravings from the junk food most people's diet.

FOOD is the biggest cause of disease, BUT FOOD (a healthy diet) is also the biggest remedy for our disease! Don't be depressed, have high blood pressure, obese or hungry.

stephascope
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Also, I saw several of you post dog pics. Here is our family beagle, Snoopy! Brought her in to work with me a few weeks ago when the temps were in the single digits. She liked that!

Cute dog Jig! I love those hounds.

hi my fabulous october starters!

so happy to see so many of you stuck it out.
remember me? i'm sorry i went MIA on you. after the holidays i fell off the ip wagon and gained back about 10 pounds. i've had a lot going on in my personal life which has kept me off track.
so about a month ago i decided to take charge of my fitness again. i hired a personal trainer and work out with her 2 times a week. about 10 days ago i started a new dvd series/eating plan by beachbody called 21 day fix. i was hoping the more balanced approach to eating/exercising would jumpstart my weight loss. the thing that sucks is that i've gained a couple of pounds since then.

so, can i please rejoin this thread and post her with you all?

thanks! looking forward to getting back on track and catching up.

Welcome back! Let us know how it's going. :hug:

Hello IPers! Just to report I had a 100% day yesterday!! So happy and the scale is reflective. Today is going to be 100% as well. One day at a time!
Thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Have a great week everyone!

Congrats! I've been struggling to get back to my 100% self for a while and finally something "clicked" today. Had way more energy than usual and was in a great mood all day. Have been really flexing that determination muscle as Ruth Ann once said. Hope we can both stick to 100% until goal!

Awesome WI Lucci! Looks like the "whoosh" fairy came to visit ;)

Slipfree
02-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Conratulations Luccilove! Great WI. All of your packet recipes are working :)

Steph, glad you had a great day.

Dinner: chicken Dijon with Tarragon, roasted fennel and cucumbers with lemon olive oil and cider vinegar. But I am feeling hungry tonight,

"Today's progress is determined by yesterday's choices."

KookySuki
02-25-2014, 12:18 AM

Got my Torani syrups they had a lot of sugar free stuff. I have never used them before. Can't wait to try new stuff

You go girl wine4me

Congrats on the WI! :)

want2bskinnyagain
02-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Jig: good luck at WI this week.

wantanewme: Of course you can join!

Lucci: Nice WI! You are doing great!

Slipfree: Love your quote, it is so true.

want2bskinnyagain
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
So I had my first "don't lose to much more weight" story today. I was at work today and someone who I don't see alot saw me, she told me I look great, then asked how much I had lost. I told her it was 50lbs so far. She told me I didn't need to lose much more weight, "You don't want to blow away". LOL. I know I am smaller then I was before but no where near being sickly looking, or about to blow away! Some people make me smile.

If it is importnant to you, you will find a way. If not you will find an excuse.

Slipfree
02-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi all,

Really tired this week. At least the days are getting longer.

Want2b, great nsv! People are so funny.

Hope you all had a good day.

Jig
02-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome back wantanewme! Sorry about the personal stuff but kudo's on getting back into it! Several years ago when I was in better shape (though not much better) I did the Insanity dvds by beach body. Talk about a butt kicker!

Nice work Lucci!

Good job Stephascope and Wine4me on getting back to 100%. I have read (and experienced!) how difficult it is to get back into it once you let off.

Hang in there slip, warmer/brighter days are coming!

Normally I try not to get on the scale every day but I keep trickling down towards the 200's. This morning I was at 301.5. I think I can do it by Friday!

Jig
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Want2be,

Its cool for other people to notice the changes! My grandma is somewhat funny about that though. She is a southern lady who comes from a family of larger individuals. She told me I better not lose any more weight or else I'll blow away. I told her grandma I'm still like 80 lbs overweight, I think I can lose a little more.

Kawaii1002
02-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Evening everyone!

SO good to see (well read) everyone's posts today. It's really super difficult to respond during the day while I'm on the tiny little iphone screen. Didn't get to work out this morning before I went to work (like yesterday), so between work ending and picking up my son for horseback riding, I completed a 5k (3.11 miles). Took 56:13 to get done. Tomorrow I have to go to the dr's before work, so it will be another lunchtime work out. I'm totally enjoying pushing my body in ways I've never done before. **** I thought I'd never be able to finish a 5k.. now I'm trying to best my own personal time! Granted, I'm only averaging 3 to 4 mph, but hey, movement every single day is amazing. And at still over 300lbs, a 5k a day is nothing to sneeze at. In the past 4 days I've walked 10.59 miles. Me... who knew?!

Today's walk was tough.. towards the very end (last half a mile) the wind was blowing, and it started snowing.. Being right out next to the water, there was no cover whatsoever, but it just pushed me to get it done faster!

I've also noticed this little thing in the past week since I started exercising.. it's called *feeling confident and good about me*. This is an alien feeling, but I'm just gonna go with it!

stephascope
02-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Kawaii - You rock! Keep it up and who knows, maybe you'll start running those 5k someday soon! ;)

The high energy and good mood ran into today as well. The scale was GOOD this morning so I hope it stays that way for my WI on Friday.

Keep on fighting the good fight October friends!

Wine4me
02-26-2014, 05:13 AM
Great job on the walking, Kawaii!

I have my weigh-in today, actually excited because I know I stuck to the plan about 95%!

I went to the pool and swam steady for 30 min today. I sure hope my muscle pull in my leg heals soon. It has been two weeks, does it normally take so long to get better?
Have a great day everybody, and I'll check in after my apt.

KookySuki
02-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Everyone, it sounds like it's been a good week for the Newbies!

Steph- I'm glad you're feeling better and the scale is moving too! One of the nice side effects of ketosis seems to be improved moods and energy, so that's a good non-weight reason to stay OP.

Kawaii- You're doing great on the walking and I'm glad you're feeling more confident. You looked great in your photos you posted in your new dress.

Jig, glad the scale is moving in the right direction...hope you're feeling better OP and have great WI on Friday.

Wine4Me-good look at your WI! I have mine today too. Not expecting anything major, but I should have at least a small loss according to my home scale.

Slipfree- are you feeling better this week? Are your ankles better?

LUCCILOVE
02-26-2014, 09:17 AM
It is snowing here not too bad though. I am so done with winter. My treat today (instead of food) is a nice massage. I am big into them. They really help me relax. Hard for me to relax. I guess I am a type A. Will try some new recipes today.

KookySuki-how is your cat doing? I was thinking of him/her last night. I hope you are both doing better

Wine4Me-Good Luck - cant wait to hear how you did at your WI

JIG-u are so close---u can do it!!!

Kawaii-I think it is great you are walking just please be careful. Dont over do it. I have done that many times and then hurt myself.

LUCCILOVE
02-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Might be able to get the new Salt and Vinegar chips on Friday if the order comes in. I bought ALOT of IP food because my clinic's prices are going up March 1.

Heads up --- I am annoyed because my clinic has the new Omega 3 vitamins (has a blue label now) I think there is 60 in a bottle and they are $39!!! The old Omega had 90 pills and were $31. That is very scammy. I dont like that. I think there is a fairly new P1 sheet and now you take less Omega's. This diet is so expensive.

stephascope
02-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Might be able to get the new Salt and Vinegar chips on Friday if the order comes in. I bought ALOT of IP food because my clinic's prices are going up March 1.

Heads up --- I am annoyed because my clinic has the new Omega 3 vitamins (has a blue label now) I think there is 60 in a bottle and they are $39!!! The old Omega had 90 pills and were $31. That is very scammy. I dont like that. I think there is a fairly new P1 sheet and now you take less Omega's. This diet is so expensive.

The Salt and Vinegar Chips are very good. You'll like them. My clinic changed the Omega's on me too after I started. I don't know how much the new bottle of 60 are but it definitely is a bit scammy. My coach said they have changed them to krill - not sure if that's any better quality. I need to buy another bottle on Friday. I agree this diet is very expensive and I'm very tempted to switch to alternatives but scared that I won't reach goal if I do that.

Kawaii1002
02-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Lucci,
The new omegas are 29.95 at our center, and you only take two at dinner time. I take one in the AM, and one in the PM. The formula changed because they "added" the antioxidants into the omegas. My coach told me that IP says the "anti-oxy" should be a required supplement, but centers make choices not to sell that one as a Required Supplement.

KookySuki
02-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi Lucci, thanks for thinking of Suki. He's doing great! He's got a voracious appetite now that he's feeling better. He'd lost a couple of pounds since his last check up due to his dental issues and it being too painful to finish all of his food. I think he's working towards putting those back on. He seems way better than before he had surgery. I hope his gum issues are gone for good.

I don't take the IP Omega 3's. My doctor who is the owner of my IP clinic has me on Nordic Naturals Arctic D Cod Liver Oil- 2 tsps a day. It's a lemon flavored liquid and doesn't taste bad and one bottle lasts a long time. You might want to look into it.

I want the unrestricted chips! My clinic is not always the best at ordering the new items or maybe the west coast clinics don't have access to them yet. I want some though because my coach has suggested that I cut back on restricteds and replace them with an unrestricted item to see if that helps me lose faster.

I hope you enjoy your massage! I get one every couple of months and love them.

LUCCILOVE
02-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Kawaii1002 and stephascope--thanks for the updates. My clinic did not know anything really. they are not on top of stuff. Clinics around here are not that great in general. Sorry for the whine/rant just wish I had a better clinic. Wish there were clinics where you can just buy their stuff at a cheaper online and still go to your local clinic. OR all clinics charge the same price for stuff. I know I wont switch to alternatives because I need to go to a clinic to get weighed in but I wish all clinics have their acts together and know what they are doing

Have a good day!!!!

Ruth Ann
02-26-2014, 10:02 AM

The Salt and Vinegar Chips are very good. You'll like them. My clinic changed the Omega's on me too after I started. I don't know how much the new bottle of 60 are but it definitely is a bit scammy. My coach said they have changed them to krill - not sure if that's any better quality. I need to buy another bottle on Friday. I agree this diet is very expensive and I'm very tempted to switch to alternatives but scared that I won't reach goal if I do that.

Hey guys, don't tell anyone but I went and bought bottle of omega 3s at Costco. My nutritionalist sister said "Omega 3 is Omega 3 - there's nothing special about any of them" so I figured I could spend the extra money on clothes!

KookySuki
02-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Just got back from WI and lost 1.6 this week. I'm excited to hit the 50 lbs lost milestone. I'm 3 lbs away from it. Hopefully I can hit (or exceed) that milestone next WI!

want2bskinnyagain
02-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Jig: Good luck on WI on Friday. You are so close, you can do it!

Kawaii: I started to gain confidence and my self image improved when I started exercising as well. And I also struggle with the confidence, that is not how I would describe myself, I guess it is something new we will have to get used to. At least it is a positive thing!

Steph: Wishing you loser vibes for Friday's WI!

Wine4me: How was WI? I think everyone's muscles are different and you may take longer to heal, hopefully soon.

Kooky: Pretty good WI. Maybe your body is saving up for a whoosh next week!! You are so close to 50lbs, you can do it.

Lucci: Enjoy the message. Nice that you treat yourself like that.

I also had my WI today, I am down 4.4lbs this week and just sqeaked into the 170's, had to weigh twice just to make sure. LOL. It was weird seeing that number on the scale, I think I was around this weight before I got pregnant with my second child, over 10 years ago!!

Sustainable weight loss is a complete lifestyle change, not a 12 week eating plan. I think I have FINALLY figured this out, and this is my last try at losing weight, this time I will keep it off.

LUCCILOVE
02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
want2bskinnyagain ---congrats on your big weight loss. that is awesome!!! New numbers are very scary to me as well

KookySuki-u are so close to 50lbs!!! that is a huge goal!!! great WI

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, don't tell anyone but I went and bought bottle of omega 3s at Costco. My nutritionalist sister said "Omega 3 is Omega 3 - there's nothing special about any of them" so I figured I could spend the extra money on clothes!

I'm glad you believed her since you obviously didn't believe me! ;) :D
The only thing I've learned is that the lower cost ones (that usually smell like fish when you open the bottle) are often made from rancid oil. The ones I buy don't smell fishy. (Kinda like fresh fish you buy shouldn't smell fishy)

dlr9774
02-26-2014, 08:13 PM
KookySuki - great to see you have goal to reach, has given me some motivation to set some GOALS each week for myself. Excerice wise, lbs lost, try something new.

I weighed in yesterday and scale was down 1.00lb.
My clinic has ordered the new UNRESTRICTED CHIPS, and they should be there Friday so hopefully there will be some left for me next Tuesday at WI.

Ruth Ann
02-26-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm glad you believed her since you obviously didn't believe me! ;) :D
The only thing I've learned is that the lower cost ones (that usually smell like fish when you open the bottle) are often made from rancid oil. The ones I buy don't smell fishy. (Kinda like fresh fish you buy shouldn't smell fishy)

Always got to hear it from 2 sources Lisa!

Yes, I went with the slightly more expensive ones too.

Kawaii1002
02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Wish me luck peeps... Going for my WI tomorrow, and I've been working out each day. Really not sure how it's going to effect things. I'm so close to the twos... I really want it now!!!!

want2bskinnyagain
02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Kawaii: Good luck tomorrow, you got this. Even if you don't reach it this week you will get there next week. Fingers are crossed for you!

Slipfree
02-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Just got done with dinner. Yes, it is late but my dental work went from 6-9:30 and it was in Rhode Island. Glad it is over :D

Want2b- fantastic Wi!! :woohoo:

Too tired to write more now, will catch up tomorrow.

Wine4me
02-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Well the scale showed .8, which was lower then I thought. I retained water and coffee before my WI, so next week will be better. I am a turtle, slow, but sure.
I am now on Phase two. Kind of nervous, but I am getting so close to gaol I thought it was time to switch. Any advice would be great.
Now that my cooked protein is double, to 16 oz a day, I need some ideas on fast, easy selections. I need to be prepared. TIA

KookySuki
02-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Want2b- Congratulations! Great loss and getting through each 10 lbs is exciting!

Wine4Me- Congratulations on getting to P2! Since I think all of the October Newbies are still on P1, you might have better luck getting P2 advice on the daily chat or possibly maintainers thread. You could also try searching the old threads for info on P2. Since it's only a two week period, I'm sure you'll be fine if you follow the protocol. From what I can tell, P4/maintenance is the most challenging since you have way more options than P1. If I were you, I would just follow P2 100% and start researching and planning maintenance. Good luck and congratulations again!

want2bskinnyagain
02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Wine4me: I have been on p2 since the beginning, and I find having food on hand and ready is a huge help. On Sunday I buy, wash and cut up my cauliflower and broccoli. When I cook supper I make sure to have enough protein for the next day or two for lunch. Good luck, it is pretty easy to follow. Great job on getting to p2 and goal!!!

I am off to the Dr. this afternoon, just need more perscriptions, nothing serious. I am curious if she will notice the weightloss. LOL. I will let you know how it goes.

Wine4me
02-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Wine4me: I have been on p2 since the beginning, and I find having food on hand and ready is a huge help. On Sunday I buy, wash and cut up my cauliflower and broccoli. When I cook supper I make sure to have enough protein for the next day or two for lunch. Good luck, it is pretty easy to follow. Great job on getting to p2 and goal!!!

I am off to the Dr. this afternoon, just need more perscriptions, nothing serious. I am curious if she will notice the weightloss. LOL. I will let you know how it goes.

WoW you are doing awesome! If your dr. Does not notice, be sure to tell her, it's quite an accomplishment! They see so many people, that it might fly by her.
I think I am going to precook a ton of chicken breasts today, and boil some eggs!

LUCCILOVE
02-27-2014, 11:24 AM
speaking of eggs. I tried Trader Joe's already boiled eggs and they are very good. I have used them to slice on salads and make some deviled eggs and it is so easy. I am lazy and sometimes dont want to do alot of prepping. I just do a quick rinse and dry them before I use them.

Did alot of prepping last night (had to!) with my wonderful hubby - cut turnips for my fries (cheapest near me is Safeway (also Dominicks in Midwest or West Coast I think) is the cheapest - only 99cents a lb)

Did some baking with packets - just had them for breakfast-very good.

Made a great dijion/mayo chicken breast dinner that even my hubby loved. My neighbor came up with the recipe (she is on IP too) so flavorful. The dressing can be used with other stuff too.

Kawaii1002
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Well the scale showed .8, which was lower then I thought. I retained water and coffee before my WI, so next week will be better. I am a turtle, slow, but sure.
I am now on Phase two. Kind of nervous, but I am getting so close to gaol I thought it was time to switch. Any advice would be great.
Now that my cooked protein is double, to 16 oz a day, I need some ideas on fast, easy selections. I need to be prepared. TIA

Wine4me,

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! Phase 2 is an amazing step. You're so close! I second the advice to talk to others not on the Oct. thread since we're all still P1, BUT that doesn't mean we don't want you here!!! We just don't have the same level of expertise that you need :)

Congrats again!

KookySuki
02-27-2014, 03:34 PM
speaking of eggs. I tried Trader Joe's already boiled eggs and they are very good. I have used them to slice on salads and make some deviled eggs and it is so easy. I am lazy and sometimes dont want to do alot of prepping. I just do a quick rinse and dry them before I use them.

Did alot of prepping last night (had to!) with my wonderful hubby - cut turnips for my fries (cheapest near me is Safeway (also Dominicks in Midwest or West Coast I think) is the cheapest - only 99cents a lb)

Did some baking with packets - just had them for breakfast-very good.

Made a great dijion/mayo chicken breast dinner that even my hubby loved. My neighbor came up with the recipe (she is on IP too) so flavorful. The dressing can be used with other stuff too.

Sounds like you're making some yummy foods. I like the Trader Joes hard boiled eggs. If they have the truffle salt, get some of that to use in your eggs (any type of eggs).

Kawaii1002
02-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Back from WI, down 1.4 this week, making my weight 300.8... ARGH!!! Now that THAT is out of the way.. **yippee** I got clearance from my dr and my coaches and my chiropractor to go into full training mode for doing a 5k. I'm putting it out to the universe so that I can't back out.. I'm registering tomorrow for a 5k that's on April 26th. The Color Me Rad 5k in Hartford. This will be the first run I've ever completed. I'm doing interval training and I got myself a gym membership. Following a prescribed fitness plan that has been reviewed by Dr, Chiropractor, and Coaches, sooooo wish me luck!

Change your mind, change your life. It's my motto because it's MY life...

Slipfree
02-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Kawaii, so hard to wait for that big number change! Did they have brownies back at WNL? Glad you got the 5k clearance.

Luccilove, do you use the WF mayo on the chicken? Can you share that recipe?

Want2be, did not realize that you were on phase 2, you have had awesome losses.

Kooky, no change with the ankles, just living with it for now. Thanks for asking,

Jig- holding on for spring or at least temps above freezing. :D

stephascope
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Back from WI, down 1.4 this week, making my weight 300.8... ARGH!!! Now that THAT is out of the way.. **yippee** I got clearance from my dr and my coaches and my chiropractor to go into full training mode for doing a 5k. I'm putting it out to the universe so that I can't back out.. I'm registering tomorrow for a 5k that's on April 26th. The Color Me Rad 5k in Hartford. This will be the first run I've ever completed. I'm doing interval training and I got myself a gym membership. Following a prescribed fitness plan that has been reviewed by Dr, Chiropractor, and Coaches, sooooo wish me luck!

Change your mind, change your life. It's my motto because it's MY life...

Kawaii!!! That is so awesome! I knew you'd be running in no time! :carrot:

I AM SO HUNGRY TODAY I MIGHT JUST KILL SOMEONE! Didn't help that my lovely boss bought everyone lunch from a yummy Mexican restaurant and we'll be ordering lunch in tomorrow for training. It's made me a tad grumpy if you couldn't tell. :mad: Friends invited us over for Indian food tomorrow night and I'm also expected to go out for a birthday dinner at my favorite Moroccan restaurant in a week. I just want to crawl in a hole until Ph 4.

Slipfree
02-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Steph, sorry that you had a tempting, grumpy day. :hug:
I feel your pain, next Sat. I have to celebrate my BFF/SIL birthday at a Mexican tapas restaurant. I checked out the menu of course! Looks like plain grilled shrimp or fish for me. Also have a birthday party, catered by a homemade pasta restaurant, the hostess knows about my plan and warned me ahead of time. I said that I would eat before and arrive with a coffee. It does seem harder right now, but I am determined to stay OP. These events are going to go on for the rest of my life and I will not be able to indulge at all of them on maintenance. I do miss having a cocktail at these kind of celebrations. Can you bring food to your friends house?

stephascope
02-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Steph, sorry that you had a tempting, grumpy day. :hug:
I feel your pain, next Sat. I have to celebrate my BFF/SIL birthday at a Mexican tapas restaurant. I checked out the menu of course! Looks like plain grilled shrimp or fish for me. Also have a birthday party, catered by a homemade pasta restaurant, the hostess knows about my plan and warned me ahead of time. I said that I would eat before and arrive with a coffee. It does seem harder right now, but I am determined to stay OP. These events are going to go on for the rest of my life and I will not be able to indulge at all of them on maintenance. I do miss having a cocktail at these kind of celebrations. Can you bring food to your friends house?

Thanks for the support Slip. I will have to look at the Moroccan menu to see if there's anything I can eat but I am more worried about DH's family talking about my diet and weight all night. FIL makes stupid comments about me "withering away" while he needs to lose about 100+ lbs and had a heart attack back in May. Luckily DH made an excuse as to why we couldn't attend the Indian dinner with friends tomorrow night before I even knew about the invite! Bless his heart.

want2bskinnyagain
02-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Kawaii: so close to the two's!!! I am so excited you got full clearance to go ahead with your fitness plans. A 5k, that is awesome, that is something we never thought we would do huh? LOL Good for you. Maybe we can inspire each other since my personal goal is to run a 5k by April 27th.

Slip: I started on p2 from the beginning. I am not close to a clinic so I just decided to do p2 from the start, when I reach goal I will go to p3 and then p4 like you are supposed to.

Steph: We all feel you pain, it is not fun limiting ourselves when special occasions come along. Try to remember why you are doing this and how you felt before you started and how you do not want to go back there. We are here for you.

I am back from the Dr. She noticed my weight loss!! Also said she thinks my goal should be 160lbs and then see how I feel, but I am sticking to the 150 goal I originally set. I can also half my dose of blood pressure meds, she wants to see me in 4-6 weeks and at that time I may go off them all together! Excited about that, I had taking pills.

Slipfree
02-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Want2b- yay for the med. decrease! I hated taking BP pills too. Curious, what do you use for your breakfast and restricted? I am thinking about after this is over, I need something to eat in the morning. I really do not like breakfast. I have to be at work by 7:30. As a late night person I am barely even functioning, let alone hungry. That is why IP has worked so well, drink or bar for breakfast.

want2bskinnyagain
02-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Slip: For breakfast I have a muscle milk shake, made with water. And I don't have a restricted...when I started this journey I thought the restricted was IF you wanted to have it you could but it wasn't a have to thing. It is just recently that I realized you guys were eating one a day, but I figure my plan works for me so I better not mess with it! Occassionally I will have some pickles or half a Pure Protein bar as a snack.
I have been reading up on p3 and p4 breakfasts, and I am getting a little worried. It seems like ALOT of food and most of it needs time to be prepared(eggs, bacon), I like my sleep and would rather choose that then food. LOL. I guess this whole process is a balancing act and we will figure it out as we go. I wish there were some boards for p3 and p4, or am I missing them.

LUCCILOVE
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Slipfree here is the recipe. You can adapt it however you want

This is from my neighbor who is "sort of" on IP. She used chicken thigh

1 8 oz skinless chicken breast (bone in would work as well)
1-2 cloves of garlic finely minced
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (there are some with no white wine in it)
1 tbsp WF mayo or Trader Joe's Reduce Fat mayo (my clinic lets me use it)

Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Zest of 1 lime or lemon
Cracked pepper to taste.

Mixed together until blended. Pour over chicken and toss until coated. Put on baking tray and sprinkle with dried parsley. Bake at 400 for 30-35 min. - might take a little longer depending on your oven.

I added cumin, white pepper, and topped the chicken with paprika so there is some browning. The mustard does have a kick but it is really good. Next time I am going to add mushrooms in it. It is like a Dijonnaise Chicken

stephascope
02-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I have my WI this afternoon. My home scale says good things but we'll see what my coach's scale reads. I never know what it's going to say. Sometimes it's less than I expect, sometimes more. Makes me question the accuracy of scales period. Anyone else experience this?

I'll check in later!

want2bskinnyagain
02-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Steph: How was the WI?

Where is everyone today? Hope everyone has a good weekend. I found this quote today. After I read it my first thought was "WOW". I think this is so true of my journey. I have obstacles that come up now and then and my outlook on how to deal with them and still keep OP is so different then it has been every other time I was trying to lose weight in the past.

Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.

stephascope
02-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Sooo, ended up weighing in 2.5 hours early - right after I ate lunch. Probably not the best time to WI but the scale still showed a 2 lb loss! Woohoo! It pays to be 100%. Made a plan with my coach today. I'm going to start phasing off after my final ph1 WI on April 18 no matter where I'm at. I should be very close to my goal of 127 by then and hopefully ph2 takes care of the rest. I'm really glad to have an end in sight! Now to go hard 100% with the exception of my Vegas trip.

Slipfree
02-28-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Hilarious NSV! I was changing out of my work clothes in my bathroom, I looked up into the mirror while bending over to put on my slippers. I was like, wth! what is that bump? Is is fat? So I poke at it. It was my rib cage! :rofl:

Steph, good WI!

Luccilove, thanks for the recipe :)

Want2be, it is definitely worth conquering those obstacles.

RosiePosie101
02-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Hilarious NSV! I was changing out of my work clothes in my bathroom, I looked up into the mirror while bending over to put on my slippers. I was like, wth! what is that bump? Is is fat? So I poke at it. It was my rib cage! :rofl:

Bahahaha! I actually laughed out loud!!! Hilarious!

KookySuki
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Want2b- congrats on getting your blood pressure down and being able to halve your BP meds. That's great news!

Steph- congrats on the weigh in and being so close to goal! I wish you the best in your last leg of P1!

Slipfree- That's so funny! It's so cool to see the changes in the body from IP. I love that.

I had a great NSV yesterday by dealing with a really crappy day and not using it as an excuse to go off plan. Before work yesterday, I was walking to my mailbox and slipped and wiped out hard, scraping my toe on the ground. The fun continued when I my breaks locked up and my car skidded in the rain, rear-ending an unmarked cop car. He was super nice, but had to call the local police to document the incident since it was a government vehicle. It was then I realized I didn't have my license in my wallet which freaked me out. Luckily the highway patrol officer was really kind and didn't give me a ticket for the accident or for not having my license on me. Fortunately, my license was at home, which was a huge relief that I hadn't lost it somewhere.

It was a challenging day, but it showed me that I no longer need food to relax or calm myself. I was so worn out when I got home that I made a quick OP dinner, read for a bit, and fell asleep at 6:30 pm. I'm feeling refreshed today and SO happy that it's the weekend.

I hope you all have great weekends!

stephascope
03-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Oh noes KookySuki! I'm sorry you hit that car. I'm glad you're okay and the police officer was nice about it. I had a near miss yesterday similar to yours. I was rushing to get to my WI apt and pulled into the parking lot going too fast. I hit the brakes to pull into my usual parking spot but the car kept going and was probably cm's away from hitting the corner of a parked car. The parking lot was icy but I was going too fast. I was so lucky to not hit that car! Walked into my coach's office shaking like crazy!

KookySuki
03-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks Steph! It was kind of a blessing in disguise that the guy I hit was a cop because he acted really professionally and kindly. There was no damage to either of our vehicles because we were practically stopped when I bumped him. California is a really sue happy state, so I'm glad it was him that I hit and not some person who would try to make a buck off of the incident. Also, I'm glad I hit an old Ford Taurus. The officer said the car was about to be retired anyways.

I'm glad you didn't hit the car in the parking lot. Driving on ice is no fun.

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Good morning,

Unofficial Sat WI down 2 pounds and into the 170s. Amazes me and I am feeling grateful. Grateful for IP and for all of you. This has been a tough winter and without your support, I never would have made it this far. The world just seems to shut down here with intense weather and all of you have made it easy to just focus in on getting the IP job done.

With that said, my supporters are getting restless. They are missing some of the fun things we did together- most involving wine, lol. While, I intend to keep a lot of changes in my lifestyle, wine is coming back for social occasions.

Kooky- sorry that you had a terrible, no good, very bad day! Hope that your back is okay from the fall.

Steph- so happy that you did not hit the car. Ice is impossible.

RosiePosie, it was one of the funniest Moments ever, I was talking out loud to myself. IP has wonderful changes but being overweight has left some reminders physically, I was afraid that this new bump was one of them. If you could have seen a picture of my face when I realized it was my rib cage! Because I saw my reaction in the mirror, it had me rolling on the ground- I was astonished!

KookySuki
03-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Good morning,

Unofficial Sat WI down 2 pounds and into the 170s. Amazes me and I am feeling grateful. Grateful for IP and for all of you. This has been a tough winter and without your support, I never would have made it this far. The world just seems to shut down here with intense weather and all of you have made it easy to just focus in on getting the IP job done.

With that said, my supporters are getting restless. They are missing some of the fun things we did together- most involving wine, lol. While, I intend to keep a lot of changes in my lifestyle, wine is coming back for social occasions.

Kooky- sorry that you had a terrible, no good, very bad day! Hope that your back is okay from the

Yay!! The 170's!!:dance: You're getting so close! I'm sure your supporters are getting restless because they can see and sense that you're close to goal. Once you're in maintenance, a couple of glasses of wine a week will not hurt. But for now, we have to cheers with coffee, tea, and ridiculous amounts of water. :coffee2:

My back and my soul are feeling much better today. I've been using my heating pad and I think I'll take a nice hot bath today which should help. It's been raining the past few days which we desperately need. I'm enjoying a quiet, rainy Saturday morning with my coffee and a good book. I'm in my happy place.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Kooky: So glad you're ok! Take it easy this weekend.

Slip: Awesome NSV, keep up the great work...you're so close!

Kawaii: Every time I read one of your posts I find myself unconsciously smiling. I'm so happy for you and all your progress. You're amazing!

Steph: So glad you avoided that car!

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 11:41 AM
IPN- thanks. Close to my original goal, but the coach wants 160 or lower. So I am going to keep working for at least 7 more weeks and see where I get.