40-Somethings - 40-Somethings Valentine Day Challenge and Daily Accountability Thread ~ Part 2

Sum38
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Since we hit 500 post limit....

Sum38
01-30-2014, 02:16 PM
I had the strangest weight gain ever....

I posted my dilemma at the chat thread, but here is synopsis.

Yesterday I had NO time to eat during the day. I drank some water and tea but not in huge quantities. I had 800 calorie dinner and 200 calorie snack. I ate around 6 pm, had some water and snacked around 8 pm.

I was up 5 freaking pounds this morning. How is that possible??? I did not eat/drink 5 pounds worth stuff, and I did used the loo too :D

Anyone else have ever experienced mystery weight gain?

guacamole
01-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Sum - I wouldn't worry about it. Chalk it up to hormones or sodium or maybe even the weight gain that sometimes comes with strength training or exercise. It will woosh off soon enough!

I went to the gym today - rowing, elliptical, and a few strength training machines. It felt good to just move! My eating hasn't been the best, but I have stayed within calories so far - about 1350 so far. I need to slow down on the carbs/sugars.

Still feeling bloated and scared to weigh in, but at least I feel like I did something positive today by exercising and logging calories. :carrot:

Good luck today!

magical
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, you two.

I weighed myself last week (after giving in to not weigh before 31st) and hated the number as I was up a few pounds even after being on plan since my trip, lol. Got upset and threw away my scales. Next day was TOM, which was unexpected! I'm always, always up before TOM. Scales lost for nothing - rude scales.

Hope both your scales are behaving better than mine.

Chubby mum
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm down 2 pounds-yay! I'm averaging at a pound a week which is boring but sensible. At this rate it'll take a total of 9 months to get it all off which is fair cos it took me that time to put it on. I don't think I'll make a total loss of 4 kg over this challenge but I'll make 3 something.

Sum, I replied in the other thread but after the last baby I would whoosh then instantly regain at least a kilo. It all worked out in the end though.

Rest day for me, I'm tired, my legs are tired and the baby is tired. Our toddler is exhausted having been awake since 4 30 so I'll pop her down soon. I'm planning some nice, hard runs before breakfast over the next few days so I'm going to enjoy the day off.

Hope everyone else has a great day.

love2b150
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks Cattails re: driving :) Don't get too loose with you eats ;) I know that you won't :hug: but MFP will definitely put things into perspective if you did :)

Cattails and Zumba I and secretly wanting my 23 year and 10 month year old body back. I weighed 128. I say secretly because when I look at the old pictures I was so skinny it seemed but I looked kinda good ;)

Carma good to see you :hug: and :congrat: on day 3 of being OP :high: and on posting in two threads just copy and paste, I do it from time to time ;)

Zumba great NSV last night :cheer: NO TO NITE TIME SNACKING :yay: Good job on the 144 :high: Thanks for the tip if feeling bad. Today my carbs are 25 and my sodium is 1199 and I'm feeling pretty good :) ... oh and though you weren't talking to me, I love Zumba ... I am just not that coordinated and I can give you a good laugh if you're looking at me :lol: My daughter use to crack up when we'd go together and shake her head :) Yay on the new ticker :)

shr1nk1ngme good job on the weigh in and boy do I love your bs numbers :) I'll get there one day :)

Sum I have but I have always known it was sodium. My wedding ring would be super tight so that tells me a bunch. And thanks to the ring I know it will be gone soon :)

guac Hooray for a good day :)

magical, wow on the scales, glad it was just TOM :)

Chubby Mom, good job on the 2lbs down :)

down .2 to 168.8 but I am having my second TOM this month so don't know what the scale will say in the morning even with the Atkins induction day.

ok here's my rant ... yesterday my snow day, I was feeling good about myself looking in the mirror while my husband was shaving before work and said, "look Honey!" he said, "stop holding your stomach in." I wanted to punch him in the throat :mad: I said, " you really know what to say!" it angered me because that is not the first time he has said that. I found it to be rude. He said he was just joking but I don't think jokes like that are funny. He's skinny and always has been other than a Pepsi cola gut that has finally gone down since he decided not to drink soda the end of last year. On a good note, a co-worker asked me what I was having for lunch today, she said she's amazed at the discipline I have because I'm always talking about what I'm craving but I never eat it or go to the machines, take out carts or take out trucks to get it. Then another co-worker said, "I know you're not dieting with the way you look! You don't need to diet you look good." oh how good that made me feel. When I told her I was dieting cutting out carbs and what my highest weight was another co-worker told me she has come down from 253 to 140 something (it has taken her 3 years) and she looks great. So with all this said my husband had me on fire but the ladies at my job picked me again. *** this story stemmed from you all's post on your supportive husbands ... mine use to be when I was bigger but each time I lose weight I think it makes him insecure or something, idk :shrug: thanks for listening or not :)

Enjoy your evenings :hug:

Mrs Snark
01-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Husbands. Can't live with them, can't punch them in the face when they deserve it.

I swear, men can be soooooo tone deaf to the words that pop out of their mouths. It doesn't make the words any less hard to hear though. Sorry he said those things to you Rennie!

love2b150
01-30-2014, 10:00 PM
LOL Thanks Michelle :hug:

MarleneV
01-31-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi all,

Hope that everyone is doing ok. I'm fine, and thanks for the notes on the car issue. The car is in the process of being fixed already.

Yesterday & today were typical as to meals, except today I went to a networking event after work. They were to have drinks and "light appetizers", which consisted of chips & salsa. So, I was really hungry when I got out of there, but my co-worker wasn't feeling well & didn't want to go for dinner. I could have stopped somewhere after I dropped her off, but decided to just come home & make a big salad here. So, ended the day with about 1300 calories, did not do 30DS, but have done the past 2 evenings.

Cattails
01-31-2014, 01:58 AM
Aw, Sum, sorry the scale is behaving badly. You know you're doing everything right - look to the long view and never mind the occasional mystery bump!

Grats, Chubby - your diligence is paying off!

Omg, magical, your poor abused scale! Let that be a lesson to it and any future ones.

Nice going, guac - doing a body good!

Rennie, I'm sorry your DH upset you. It could be he's a little insecure about how much you're changing right now. Sometimes I have to get really serious with my DH and make it clear how much something he's said bothers me. He hates to be "lectured to," and good! Then he remembers that and stays clear of "jokes" like that.

Husbands. Can't live with them, can't punch them in the face when they deserve it. Hm, I don't know if I agree with that - sometimes a little brute force is called for! :lol:

Kudos, Marlene, to not caving to instant gratification! I carry a ziplock bag in my purse with a mixture of seeds, nuts, dried fruit and a few mini choc chips for times when I get hungry and am away from home - a few nibbles and I'm good to go for a while. I can't tell you how many temptations my baggie has saved me from!

Cattails
01-31-2014, 02:04 AM
Weighed in at just over 115 today - that's nice to see! I went for a long walk and did some iron yoga today; think I'll take a rest day tomorrow, I'm due one! Weird eating day: went to a Mexican place for a late lunch and just not really hungry tonight for any dinner. I guess this will be a low calorie day.

B: greek yogurt with cherries and flaxseed
S: 1/2 a banana, tsp of peanut butter
L: chips and salsa, one chicken fajita, 1/2 a tamale
S: few handfuls of plain popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz dark chocolate

love2b150
01-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Marlene, you did very well yesterday, passed up all temptations ... I hope I'm able to do that when the time arises :)

Cattails :), He apologized last night. When he came home I was still up and I complimented him on his attire, he looked nice :) and I then said, "see I know how to pay someone a compliment, so He said, "I'm sorry Honey I won't ever say that again" :) Cattails I need to remember the baggie when I go out :) thanks

Weight stayed the same 168.8. total loss for January, 10.2lbs. I did well, pat on the back, now to keep it up and get to my 165 Valentines Day goal weight :crossed:

Sum38
01-31-2014, 08:35 AM
So I was at 10+ pound loss for the month, but because of my mystery gain, I ended up just 5.4 pound loss :( Better than no loss I guess. Maybe once this bloat leaves, February losses will be glorious :) I am hoping to be at 135 pounds by the end of Feb. A tall order but I know I have 5 pounds of bloat to work trough at first and the rest should come off quickly.

I am also still tweaking my calories. I think on heavy exercise days I will eat 1800 cals, the rest of the days I will stick to 1560.

I can not believe that a few days ago I was worrying my weight coming off too quickly, and now I am worrying about my big gain...weight loss can be so frustrating :dizzy:

So today is a lighter workout day; just step aerobics (and doggie walk, which is super slow in the snow), therefore I'll stick to my lower calorie plan.

Sum38
01-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Rennie That is a fantastic weight loss for the month! Congrats! And I am glad that your hubbs apologized :hug:

Cattails I am drawing strength from you. You had your mystery gain and look at you now, back down to 115. :woohoo:

Marlene Nicely done on your dinner. I bet you feel much better today about the big salad choice. Are you still sore from your car incident?

Chubby mum Another 2 pounds gone :yay: Congrats!

magical darn scales! :D At least you know you will lose some of that TOM bloat soon.

guacamole Nice job about getting to the gym!

HI :wave: Mrs. S. How's your weather?

shr1nk1ngme
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
So I was at 10+ pound loss for the month, but because of my mystery gain, I ended up just 5.4 pound loss :( Better than no loss I guess. Maybe once this bloat leaves, February losses will be glorious :)

Man, that really stinks! Especially as you gained it in one day after drinking only fluids, and not enough fluids to account for the weight, either. Soooo aggravating! If you have a big whoosh tomorrow morning, you should count it as your January goal. You earned it!

Zumbachica
01-31-2014, 05:03 PM
SUm ...YOU KNOW you didn't overeat so you KNOW that this weight gain isn't a real gain....I bet you will have it off in no time if it isn't off already!!!!!

Zumbachica
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
Hello all..

Well today I had a stellar Day!!! I am at a low weight that I haven't been at in ages...woot woot...My activity level hasn't changed, its all about controlling my poor eating habits. Basically I just cut out sugar and carbs.

I am having a party this weekend so I went to WHBM and bought their instantly slimming dress.....I think I can pull it off if I put on a good pair of control top pantyhose. It was on sale. Last thing I needed was another dress, but this is a special occasion. I also feel like I keep "waiting"...waiting to be skinny so I can wear a slinky dress...Waiting waiting waiting...I'm done waiting. I'm going to continue to try and get toned and fit but until then I'm embracing my curves.....

Hoping you all have a good day.....

B: hard boiled egg
SNACK: 1/3 cup walnuts
L: Atkins bar (I hate processed food but I was out shopping and starving) and an avocado.
D: can of tuna fish, or some sushi sans soy sauce and salad. balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
82 percent chocolate
going to have to remember to take my supplement today..Its crazy but I think being vitamin D deficient makes me gain weight and when I take vitamin D supplements I lose weight...probably my imagination.

Sum38
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
I know Zumba... I feel like I have been a really whiny baby about this whole incident :D -- It should work itself out in a few days. I have been eating clean all day, and staying within 1560 calories for the day.

Zumbachica
01-31-2014, 05:34 PM
SUM you're going to be fine..i just know it..but I understand why you are upset, I probably would be very frustrated myself!! YOu have worked SO VERY HARD to drop ten lbs and that' is what you deserve to see.....some mystery weight gain totally throws off our mojo. I'm thinking you secretly had sodium in something or it is a hormonal thing. When I was really skinny my weight would flucturate by five lbs every month....it didn't bother me though because I was already skinny...but it had to do with my cycle....I also am very sensitive to sodium, more than the average person. Have asparaug, its a natural direutic.

MarleneV
02-01-2014, 01:57 AM
Sum, hope that today went well, and you'll get there. Certainly odd on the gain. as to me, I'm feeling pretty good, shoulders still a little sore, but I think it is from 30DS level 2 workouts, not from the incident.

Guac, sounds like you had a good workout day. Carbs and sugars are always the worse for me too.

Magical, hope that things have settled and you are seeing the results you want soon.

Chubby mum, slow & steady wins the race, so just keep at it.

Rennie, sorry that your DH said that. Sometimes they don't think before they say something.

Cattails, I usually have baggies of animal crackers and a box of Godiva dark chocolate pearls in my purse. But I like your idea too because it's protein and fiber, and that would be good to have.

Zumba, hope the party goes well!

Does anyone have any big party plans for Super Bowl? Friends are having a big open house, with potluck. So, I'm taking a big veggie tray to share, and that way I will have something that I can eat without problems. One of their other friends is bringing a big smoker so we can all take whatever meat we want to throw on that, so we'll have to decide what we want. I can avoid a lot of the junk, and will drink water because it is BYOB, and if we don't take any alcohol, then I won't have any to drink!

MarleneV
02-01-2014, 02:04 AM
125.5 this am, so right in my range still. Am being fairly consistent about getting exercise in most days, today I did both 30DS level 2 and went for a walk with DH & dog.

Calories before exercise - aprox 1350. I was at 1250, but after all the exercise, I was hungry, so had a final snack...

B - egg, cheese stick, yogurt
L - salad with chicken, few tortilla chips, 2 animal crackers
S - orange, cheese stick
S - Costco samples
D - salad with beef fajita meat, black olives, feta, guacamole, Blackberries, animal crackers
S - ice cream
S - animal crackers, dark chocolate
Water - at least 6 cups

Cattails
02-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Hang tough, Sum; you'll probably see that water weight gone in the morning. That still counts as January to me. :)

Zumba, what an awesome day! That dress looks really cute; you're gonna rock your party for sure.

Rennie, I'm so glad your DH apologized! I'm one to put my foot in my mouth often, and it's really hard pulling it back out!

Marlene, I'm glad to know I'm not the only "baggie-lady!" Happy to hear your car incident hasn't had lasting effects. I love 30DS but it wrecked my shoulder and I tore the muscle just in front of my armpit doing it, unfortunately. Guess I'm a little too delicate for JM. LOL

We're just hanging out here on Sunday. DH wants to make enchiladas, I'll make some salsa for dipping and maybe a black bean dip also. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. Go Broncos!

Cattails
02-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Grr...we stopped at the Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch; it was only when we got home that I discovered the half of a panini I ate was so dang high in calories and sodium! At least I laid off of the potato chips - not one passed my lips. Had a very light dinner to compensate, but I'm still over calories by 300. Yesterday I was under by 600, so I guess it'll all come out in the wash, eh?

B: Greek yogurt with banana, cherries, and flaxseed
L: minestrone, 2 slices of bread, 1/2 chicken mozzarella panini
D: salad with beans and broccoli, 1 tbsp dressing
S: plain popcorn, coffee with creamer

and LOTS and LOTS of water!

love2b150
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Zumba I love the sound of your post :) SO happy and good job on the low and on the dress. Do you care to share a picture of the dress or you in the dress? I'd love to see it. I don't think I'll ever be fit enough to wear a slinky dress so I admire all who can :) <--- gotta go back to look for the picture :D Are the Atkins bars filling?

Sum I don't think you were whining at all (5lbs is a jump when you're doing EVERYTHING RIGHT) and we all get whiny at times :hug: I personally think that's what we have each other for :hug: so whine away my friend, I sure do ;)

Thanks Marlene :hug:, glad to hear you're feeling a little better but I say take it easy with 30DS for a while, aches and pains sneak up on you and you don't want to pull something the wrong way. :hug: Marlene great planning for the open house, boy would I like to have that smoker around :)

Thanks Cattails :hug: ... ouch on 30DS ... hope the calorie differences balance everything out with all of the water :crossed:

I had a good weigh in this morning. I was down .4 to 168.4. I slept/stayed in bed 2 hours longer than I normally do so I wonder if that helped, either way I'll take it as being off to a good start :)

Have a great day Everyone :hug:

Sum38
02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I lost 2.6 pounds worth of the bloat! :yay: Still not where I was on the 29th but maybe another day of clean eating and water will bring me back to 142 lbs. by tomorrow, another 2.6 pounds to go though :cry: -- I must have gotten some sodium, my hands still feel puffy.

It is snowing like crazy here in MI. We are supposed to get upto 7 (maybe more) inches of snow...wet and heavy stuff. I went grocery shopping this morning and the roads were slick just after a few inches of it.

I would have a baby shower and a wedding to go to, I decided not to go either one of them. The wedding is 1 1/2 h away on good driving conditions, it would take me 3 hours to get there in this mess. No thank you! -- I feel bad for the couple because I am sure they will have a large number of people who won't show up. She is a very frugal person, and chose to have the wedding in the middle of the winter because of the cost.... I am sure they will take a hit what comes to gifts/money. I will send them a check, though. I hope others will as well who RSVP:ed yes.

BTW, Zumba I have never done zumba. I should try it. My gym offers it daily. Yesterday, my bodystep class was cancelled and it was replaced by body blast class; lots of squats with weights, upperbody weight workout, and lengthy ab workout session; my muscles were shaking so bad after the class, it kicked my butt.-- I am going to try different classes they offer. Step has become easy, and I feel I need to surprise my body with different exercises.

Today is my heavy workout day; doggie walk in snow, treadmill walk (4.3 miles...ya I increased the speed :D), weights for 45 min and swim for 45 min. I will be eating my 1800 calories today; we shall see what it does to my scale :dizzy: -- Secretly, I am kind of glad that I could skip the baby shower and the wedding; it would had been a sodium feast...

Have a beautiful day my friends. Stay warm!

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Okay so I think I am going to be shy of my Valentines goal of 205. I ended the month of January exactly one pound lighter than I started. So I am not sure if I will be able to lose 7lbs in 2 weeks. It may happen though. TOM will hit in there at some point. Sad since I kept struggling to lose every time I re-gained back the weight but all in all I am happy with a loss at the end of the month. I have to remember that at this time last year I was 30 lbs heavier so over all I am winning. I have been on point for 5 days now and have exercised all 5.
Zumba: Hope all the moving settles in soon. 8 hours of piloxing for a class. Wow. That would be tough. I found a café mom cardio workout on you tube that I am going to try and get through today. Lots of jump squats. Ugh. As far as breaking back down below 145:woohoo:

Sum: Sorry to hear about that 5lbs must have been hormonal or sodium. It will be off in no time.

Rennie: Thank you for the encouragement. You are doing awesome. So nice to see since I know you struggled through a lot of last year. How have your blood glucose levels been?

Cattails: Panini's are the devils food. I am thinking about trying to make them at home with my own fixings and seeing what happens. I should be able to use the George Forman grill I think to use it. Great job on no potato chips.

Chubby Mum: congrats on the weight loss.

Marlene: I see your husband hasn't eaten all your animal crackers. lol.

Hi to everyone else. I am off for my walk run and will post what I ate tomorrow as tonight I go to a dastardly party at a Chinese restaurant. I can just feel my fat molecules retaining the salt. Eek.

love2b150
02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Sum great on the 2.6 :high: As I've said before you've got this. I admire you :hug: I hope the people having the shower and the wedding get checks in the mail also :) Snow has melted here for the most part and after days of 12-13 degrees yesterday and today we have the 50's I'm so happy. The kids have had too much time out of school. :)

love2b150
02-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks Carma, :hug: and yes you're right I did struggle a ton last year. Thanks for asking Carma and remembering :) My fbs has been as low as 100 this past month but it won't go any lower ... yet. :) It's been in the 1 teens this week so I still count that as a victory. Sure beats the high 200's. I saw that you have already met your goal for Valentine's Day, so you're doing great also. :high: Don't let the sodium monster get to you, just get your water in :hug:

The boys want to go to the gym so I guess I'll get my exercise today :)

shr1nk1ngme
02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I lost 2.6 pounds worth of the bloat! :yay: Still not where I was on the 29th but maybe another day of clean eating and water will bring me back to 142 lbs. by tomorrow, another 2.6 pounds to go though :cry: -- I must have gotten some sodium, my hands still feel puffy.

It is snowing like crazy here in MI. We are supposed to get upto 7 (maybe more) inches of snow...wet and heavy stuff. I went grocery shopping this morning and the roads were slick just after a few inches of it.

Have a beautiful day my friends. Stay warm!

Yay that some of it finally went away! That was so strange how it just came out of nowhere.

We had a "storm" which amounted to 8/100" of rain. Drought of the century here and we are starting to worry about what is going to happen to CA if it doesn't rain soon. Half of the produce in America is grown here so it could be disastrous for the entire nation. Not to mention my vegetable garden. :(

Praying for the rest of the country to make it through the cold intact. Sheesh what weird weather we are having!

--------

I am down to 154.4 this morning, down .6 from two days ago. Slow and steady wins the race, they say.

Today is an UpDay so I am looking forward to lots of healthy food: coffee with real cream, one minute flaxseed muffin with grass-fed butter, whole-fat Greek yogurt, steamed asparagus with gourmet aged cheddar cheese, an omelette with old-fashioned farm-raised eggs and local vegetables from the farmers market, etc. Started out with a bulletproof coffee. Mmmmm.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
shrink1ingme: What is a 1 minute flax seed muffin?
Sum: congrats on the weight loss, it must have been salt.
Zumba: Thanks for mentioning the vitamin D. It dawned on me I haven't been taking mine or my Multivitamin or my Cinnamon, All things I was doing when I was on my A game.
Rennie: My ticker isn't right. I am still way off my valentines goal. 212.4 this am. Will adjust my ticker so that it isn't as confusing. Congrats on the sugar levels. That's awesome.

wantochange
02-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your nice comments. I love how helpful everyone is.

I'm happy to report that I am down 3 lbs. 7 lbs total since joining (153 at yesterday's weigh in).

Good luck to everyone.

2b150 - My ex-husband used to make stupid careless comments also and it's not helpful. At least your husband apologized.

Sum - I'm with you when it comes to the mystery gain. What the heck!!! There's always a reason but it's very irritating.

Have a great week everyone and try to stay warm.

shr1nk1ngme
02-01-2014, 05:13 PM
shrink1ingme: What is a 1 minute flax seed muffin?

It's only the greatest weight loss/low-carb breakfast known to the universe.

Flaxseed One Minute Muffin

1/4 cup Golden Flax Meal
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 packet Splenda (I use granular Truvia or liquid Stevia)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (I use pumpkin pie spice)
1 Egg (I use 1/4 cup egg beaters)
1 teaspoon coconut oil

Mix the ingredients in a large coffee cup or small bowl, microwave for 50-seconds to 1-minute. Muffin pops right out.

I top mine with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, and a packet of Splenda.

The way I have it, It's 290 Calories, 20g of protein and 8 carbs. I am on a low-carb, high fat diet.

You can modify it for low-calorie by using a tbsp of lowfat or fat-free yogurt in place of the coconut oil and using low-fat or fat-free yogurt on top.

If you prepare it with fat-free yogurt, it has about 215 calories INCLUDING the extra dollop yogurt on top. Even this way it has 9g of fat, but 100% of the fat is flaxseed oil, so it's exactly as if you took an Omega 3 flaxseed oil supplement (better actually) -- therefore I wouldn't worry the fat grams in a one minute muffin. I can't imagine a healthier breakfast. Loads of Omega 3's, 20g of protein, only 8 carbs -- in a muffin that takes one minute to prepare. Yummm!

Sum38
02-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Nice job wantochange!! Congrats!

Shrinking that muffin sounds yummy. I could eat it too because it has no flour, yay. And it looks like that it would be SBD approved.

Rennie Do you strength train at all? I see you always walking workouts at MFP. You do some serious work on that treadmill.

Carma 30 pounds is awesome! Nothing to sneeze at. Let's hope that you will drop a few pounds before V-day!

Mmmm, Spaghetti factory, Cattails! We don't have them here in Mi (at least not by me).

Marlene Another nice day for you!! You do so well.

Sum38
02-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Almost back down where I was on the 29th; 1.2 more lbs to go. I will continue my clean eating and loads of water and hopefully I will see 141.8 tomorrow morning.

Plan for today

Meals
B - Orange and fried egg
L - California wrap (2), guacamole, crackers
D - Teriyaki-ginger chicken, assorted vegetables
S - String cheese, apple w/pb

Exercise

Step aerobics 60 min
Puppy walk 55 min

Weight
Down 1.4 lbs

shr1nk1ngme
02-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Nothing to report since I don't weigh or test my glucose/ketones on DownDays. Going light today, just having a hb egg, a bran cracker to choke down my supplements, and later tonight a scrambled egg for dinner.

Watching the game at home but we aren't having anybody over so there won't be a lot of snacks. If DH and DS want snacks, I can pop some popcorn for them and we already have hummus and pita.

Gonna exercise again tonight with the dog 2.5 - 3 miles, with weights. I really, really love walking the dog at night when the stars are out. Am I weird? Most of my girlfriends think I'm crazy for liking to walk in the dark. I always take pepper spray and a flashlight.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
So the Chinese restaurant was scary last night. It was a buffet with Beef teriyaki, Chicken fingers, crab Rangoon, sweet and sour chicken, pork fried rice and lo mein. Not a vegetable in site. All the water I drank yesterday must have helped though that or my weighing in an hour later as I slept until 9am. 212.0:carrot:

Here was my meals for yesterday.

Brunch: 3 El Monterey Breakfast tequito's 220 calories
Sour cream 2tsp 20calories
Black bean and corn Salsa 1tbs 10 calories
1.5 cups of Mixed baby lettuce 10 calories
Wholly Guacomole snack cup 4/5 80 calories

Snack Banana 90 calories
Cheese stick 80 calories
1/2 cup corn chex 60 calories
1/2 cup 1% milk 50 calories

Dinner 2 beef teriyaki
2 chicken fingers (they were smaller)
1 crab Rangoon
1cup pork fried rice
1 cup sweet and sour chicken
Birthday cake 1 square.

Exercise was 44 minutes of walking 18 minutes of running

Water was 116 oz

Today's meal plan

Brunch Yogurt/juice shake
1 banana 90 calories
1 cup strawberries 77 calories
Coconut milk yogurt 130 calories
4 oz morning blend juice. 65 calories
1 breakfast biscuit 90calories
Coffee with xyla, sugar in raw and fat free half and half 80 calories

Snack: Spinach & baby lettuce salad with light balsamic dressing 80 calories

Dinner Kahlua pork Going to have a 1/3 cup 240 calories
Rasberry and brie pastry 270 calories
Shrimp cocktail 4 shrimp 66 calories
chicken wing 1 ? 108 calories
veggie platter & dip 100 calories

That leaves me with around 300 calories for mystery food at the party. I can always adjust how many brie pastry and Kahlua pork I have if something looks really good.

Sum38
02-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Carma What goes into the Kahlua pork? That sounds delish!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Sum: I know the 30 lbs is good, It's actually 40 total. I just keep kicking myself for the 15lb gain. It was 52lbs off. Frustrating. Sounds like you have a good super bowl food plan. What kind of puppy is it?

Shr1nk1ng: Thanks for the muffin tip. Muffins really aren't my thing but that one sounds good. I wonder if you can add some dried fruit in to it. I frequently go out for walks in the dark. I have a headlamp that I wear. My neighbors all laugh too. I was out in the snow and it was extra pretty as the snow fell across my headlamp.

wantochange: Great job on the weight loss.

Rennie: I thought of you yesterday when I had the birthday cake. My husband isn't always the most supportive. I wish he would try and lose weight as he is 294 lbs. I am trying to make healthier meals to assist in this.

Happy Superbowl day everyone. Hope whoever you support wins. I watch for the commercials only.

Sum38
02-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Carma My "puppy" is a 9 year old lab mix. She still acts like a pup at times. Labs never lose their playfulness. She has been walked daily for the past 7 1/2 year (she came to us at 18 months), so she is in awesome shape. He vet always praises what an athletic dog I have and how muscular she is. -- Considering how much she has been exercised, she will probably live to be 20 :) Even now, at the age of 9 she has no trouble waking 5 miles per day.

She has kept me walking. I feel guilty if she does not get her walk in. -- She looks forward to her daily walk and it is the highlight of her life.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Carma What goes into the Kahlua pork? That sounds delish!!
I am not entirely sure, my sister in law is making it. They had it in Hawaii. I did a quick recipe search and they all look a little like this one. Funny enough no Kahlua in it. Apparently you serve cabbage with it a lot. Looking at it I may drink an extra 20oz of water again today. lol. Congats on the further weight loss btw.

Oven Kalua Pork
Original recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings
Ingredients
3 pounds pork butt roast
2 cups water
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/4 cup Hawaiian sea salt

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Place pork fat-side up in a roasting pan or deep casserole dish. Combine water and liquid smoke; pour over meat. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and roast in a preheated oven for three hours. Remove from pan and shred.

Sum38
02-02-2014, 01:04 PM
That probably could be made in a slow cooker as well. -- I was all excited over the Kahlua :D :D

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 01:12 PM
That probably could be made in a slow cooker as well. -- I was all excited over the Kahlua :D :D

I know me too as I have heard coffee and beef taste good together. It probably would add another 100 calories though. I am guessing Kahlua liquor originated in Hawaii and it the name Kahlua must be for some region of Hawaii or something. Well almost done lounging over my coffee. Must get out for my walk run. Might do an hour and a half today.

Cattails
02-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Google geek that I am, I can answer this as of 30 seconds ago. The recipe is for Kalua pig, not Kahlua - see the missing "h"? Kalua refers to a traditional cooking practice in Hawaii of digging an underground oven. I was all excited about pork cooked in Kahlua liqueur too!

And by-the-by, Kahlua comes from Mexico and is a word from the Aztec native language. Okay, geek over now!

Cattails
02-02-2014, 03:45 PM
I've got black bean dip and salsa made, and almost ready to put together enchiladas to bake. Lots of veggies sliced for dipping, and I'm going to make some chocolate bliss bites, little no fat chocolate cookies. I plan to do my best to not overdo the eating, stick to mostly veggies - yum, veggies! Happy Super Sunday to all!

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Cattails: Thank you google geek. Sounds like you have a great plan for the super bowl. Go veggies.

Zumbachica
02-02-2014, 11:13 PM
HI all...

Well I had a fantabulous party..it was so great having my friends over to celebrate my new life. Part of that meant a lot of food...and dessert. I didn't eat a lot at the actual party , but have been eating the leftovers all day today. Getting on the scale tomorrow is going to be scary. I'm going to have to drink a lot of water the rest of this week and really keep the carbs and sugar on the down low..i'm going away Thursday thru the weekend and need to keep things in check. I'm not going to beat myself up over this "lapse" and I hope to still find a way to get to my valentines goal.

guacamole
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello guys! Didn't get to the gym today, had a dentist appointment - no cavities! :carrot: Did about 10 minutes on my home elliptical....not great.

Have an appointment for a general checkup with internist who I haven't seen in almost 7 years! Gulp. I am nervous. I haven't been back because of the fat shaming I experienced there. I am probably stupid for going back to the same doc, but so many people love her.

I have horrible bloating and PMS. TOM is around the corner any day now. I think Seasonal Affective Disorder (self diagnosis) is getting to me, because I've been feeling down.

Anyway, take care and good luck ladies!

Mrs Snark
02-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Can I list ironing as exercise?

It is exhausting ironing men's dress shirts. My hubbie is a big 6'6 guy, and the shirts are awkward and huge and take forever to iron and I swear the moment I get one side appropriately flattened I've already wrinkled the other side.

/end rant

Zumbachica
02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
GUAC. Did you ever think of getting a happy light? They sell them in Bjs.....it's supposed to helpwithseasonal disorder.

Zumbachica
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Snark....I used to do all my husbands shirts...it helped when I got a really good iron.

newleaf123
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I can't believe you all are 4 pages in, and I haven't even checked in yet! Working on my mojo. Happy to report that today has been a day of in-control food. Finally.

B: cappuccino, banana
L: Moroccan grated carrot & beet salad, delicata squash pear soup
S: same Moroccan salad, handful of nuts
D: 1 roasted chicken drumstick, homemade hummus with raw veggies dipped in, banana

I've got that nice slightly-hungry feeling with bed not too far off. Happy here. Still no candy. :carrot:

Cattails
02-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Yay, Sum, on seeing the water weight go! That reminds me that on my way down, I often whooshed 3 or 4 pounds at a time and then popped back up one or two pounds, where I'd stay for a week or three. Give yourself time to settle out; I'm sure you'll have terrific results by Valentine's Day.

Zumba, I'm glad you had a great time at your party! It's nice to surround yourself with good friends.

Guac, sorry you're SAD. Hope your doctor visit goes well. That's fine that other people like your doctor, but do YOU? Fat shaming is so not cool.

Mrs. Snark, of course ironing counts - sounds like you're burning up calories!

Hi, Heidi! I've missed your meal listings; they're always so good. What makes your salad Moroccan? Here's hoping your mojo is plentiful.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Zumba: glad your party went well.

Mrs snark: yes ironing counts.

Heidi: squash pear soup yum. Ditto on the salad.

Guac: great job getting on the elliptical. Hope the doc visit is full of praise.

Nothing to report here. Dull.

MarleneV
02-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Gosh, its been a few days since I've had time to post, and its late in the day.

We had a great time at the party, I ate mostly the veggies I took, some yummy beef jerky that was made on the smoker, a whole wheat tortilla with chicken on it and a little guacamole. A small amount of chips (less than 10), and a tiny little bite of a brownie (that thankfully didn't taste that great, which is why I didn't have more. thought I did well, but WI this am was 128.0, so I'm hoping that most of that was water & will go away in the next day or so.

Today was:
B - cream of wheat, 1/4 C 1% milk, cheese stick
L - Salad with steak, orange, animal crackers
S- grape tomatoes, magic pop
D - tilapia, brown rice, salad with black olives & guacamole, orange
S - ice cream, 4 animal crackers
E - 30 DS level 2 (its getting easier!)
W - maybe 6 cups
Total calories - 1250
I think I need to concentrate on getting more water down.

Hope that everyone is doing well.

Zumba, glad your party went so well, you can get back on the wagon!

Guac, hope the DR apt goes well, look how well you have done, I'm sure she'll be impressed.

Carma, I bought a bag of the animal crackers & put in my office closet. Haven't had to open them yet, but we are about out at home, so I'll see if he replenishes that stock...

newleaf123
02-04-2014, 08:00 AM
The salad was Moroccan because of the spices. Recipe link below. I didn't have mint, so skipped that part. But will try it again in summer when mint is plentiful on my deck.
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moroccan_grated_carrot_and_beet_salad/

I got beets and carrots from my CSA last Thursday and just wanted to do something different. I shredded the carrots, then beets in the food processor, and the trick about rinsing the beets afterwards really worked.

Sum38
02-04-2014, 12:21 PM
TOM is nearing and I am craving for everything. Last night I gave in and ate like a pig, ugh. Scale, surprisingly, did not jump high. I am so done with this TOM crap, I wish menopause got here already. I have a feeling I am going to have to deal with TOM nearly another 10 years based on how late in life my mom went through it. -- My sister is so skinny (80 pound skinny) that her TOM stopped at 51 but I think it was weight related. She has no body fat what so ever.

I did not log my food.

Today I am having hard time getting motivated. I woke up with a headache. -- I had a really busy and demanding day at the FCA, yesterday. I did not get home until 7:30 ish. I think all the thinking gave me that headache...lol I guess I should use my head more often :D

I am getting another volunteer position; at a local hospital. It will be only 4 hours per week, same time and day each week.

So between FCA and the hospital, I will volunteer 20 hours per week plus travel time. Makes me feel good that I am doing something useful with my time. -- I will still have time to exercise, walk the dog etc. The important stuff :) :)

Like I said I am feeling lazy today, I am mustering up enough strength to go to the gym. Today is my triple workout day; 2 1/2-3 hours at the gym...and if I am none early enough, I will take a long hike with the pup. -- Just need to find my mojo...

My weightloss has stalled out. I think the 1800 calories (plus last night's cheat day) may be too much. I will give another week and see, but if I don't start seeing results I will go back down to 1560 calories which seemed to be working really well for me.

Okee dokee, the gym workout does not get done by itself....

Have a happy day my friends! :grouphug:

newleaf123
02-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Sum, new volunteer job sounds great! I'm working 20 hours a week, and its been a nice balance for me. I think I've got the "how to still have wholesome food" part down; still working on getting back to exercising. My travel time ends up being 45 min each way, which I wasn't really figuring on. 25 min drive time, but then parking on the 5th floor of a garage and walking a few blocks, going up 2 escalators, and then the elevator just tacks on time, ugh.

Another good day, day 2.

B: cappucino, 1/2 pear, banana
S: hummus and raw veggies
L: chicken & cous cous salad
S: curried carrot & parsnip soup
D: green bean / portabella mushroom / spelt berry "risotto" with morel-leek cheese mixed in. Never made spelt berries before; dish is on the stove now. Hoping its good!

guacamole
02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Doc visit went ok. She was actually quite nice and very sympathetic about my injury, recovery, weight gain, aches and pains. She gave me a new strategy about eliminating my awful PMS symptoms - TOM still hasn't arrived yet and I am miserable! She is adding an extra med for my high blood pressure, adding a vitamin D supplement, and eliminating the progesterone I was taking for PMS that isn't working and could be contributing to high BP.

I go back in April to get bloodwork and see how things are doing. I really hope to lose some weight by that time! I've got to do it. She told me that I will definitely have hypertension and not pre-hypertension like I do now unless I lose a good deal more weight and eat very healthy. I have to get that blood pressure down and the only way to do that naturally is through weight loss and exercise.

Sum38
02-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Heidi 20 hrs feel like a good balance. I have a long commute to my volunteer positions as well. FCA is almost an hour away and the hospital will be 30-45 minute drive away. -- Are you still enjoying the work?

Marlene Glad that your party was fun! And those 3 pounds will fall off quickly.

Mrs Snark I bet it does! :) It is all that stretching that is good for you.

guacamole S.A.D. is nothing to kid about. Like Zumba says, look into the light.

Zumba So happy that your party went well. And I bet you looked smoking hot in your WHBM dress!

Cattails and Carma :wave:

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Ugh Spent most of the day going through paperwork. Each year I say I am going to get organized for my taxes do I no. Did managed to get my 12500 steps in with going on a late night walk with my son. More snow coming for tomorrow. I wouldn't mind but I don't really want to drive in for next to no patients.

Guac: glad the doc was sympathetic. I wonder if the progesterone was some how contributing to your weight gain?

Sum: Glad your day went smooth.

Heidi: Glad to hear the job is going well despite the commute. Boy your menu's look good. I like the sound of that parsnip and carrot soup.

Marlene: Glad the animal crackers are secure.

Cattails: :wave:

MarleneV
02-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Sum, sorry to hear you are dealing with TOM issues. I hate waking up with a headache, it makes the whole day difficult to get through.

Sum & Heidi, 20 hours a week plus commuting sounds nice... someday I'll get to that point, but not happening now. My commute is either 30 minutes, or like tomorrow it is 30 seconds, because I'll work from home.

Guac, sounds like the appointment went well and you have plan of action, as well as some incentive to keep working at it!

Carma, I tell clients to organize paperwork one day a month, when their bank statements come in. And I am going to do that this year for my husband, because he doesn't take my advise and then we fight about it. I finally decided that if I'm going to end up fighting with him about it and doing it myself anyway, I may as well do it during the year. Once you get into the routine, it goes smoothly. And we'll see about the animal crackers, because we have less at home than yesterday(because he ate more), and both he & I were at the store we get them at, and forgot to pick them up. He said he's going by there tomorrow... so we will see if he remembers.

MarleneV
02-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Down to 126.5 this am, so that is 2 of the 3 I picked up from the party.

B - Egg, yogurt, cheese stick
L - few pieces of tandoori chicken & shrimp, cucumber salad, 1/2C rice, 1/4 piece of naan bread. (Indian restaurant)
S - Orange, cheese stick
D - Bison burger on thin round, salad, orange, animal crackers
S - ice cream, MRC cappuccino.
W - 8 cups
E - quick/short walk around block (1 mile), too cold to go again
calories before walk - about 1175. Short but thinking lunch might be more than what I calculated, and I'm not hungry anyway.

tomorrow could be challenging. I have a coffee meeting in the am, and then taking DD#2 to a university reception in the evening that is being held at one of the local country clubs. My guess is that they will have yummy things to eat. I think I'm going to pass unless they have something simply too good to pass by... I think I'm going to skip my afternoon snack & eat dinner early so I have some extra calories.

Sum38
02-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Some movement on my scale, almost back to my late January weight. I want to get out these 140's so bad! Hoping to be done in less than a week.

I had a really nice NSV on Monday. I put on size 10 pants and they were clearly too large on me, yay! I tried on bunch of 10's and all of them were too big. :woohoo: I still have some jeans that are 10's and fit very nicely.

Meals
B - Orange, egg and green tea
L - Salad w/ avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken and feta. Dressing.
D - Leftover Teriyaki chicken, veggies and a small salad
S - Apple w/pb, string cheese
No junk all day :yay:

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk 60 min
Weights 45 min

Weight :goodscale

Zumbachica
02-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Okay ladies, I hate to be the Debbie downer here but I need to vent, maybe cry a little. I have come to the conclusion that I truly have a problem. I was bulimic in the past, and feel like I'm heading towards that ugly place again. My party went well and I felt pretty good but was left with a ton of leftovers. I ate all the leftover desserts the day after.....as well as the leftover food. I came from a house where you didn't waste food because my parents grew up poor and there was no room for it in my freezer so I had no choice or so I thought. I had a bunch of leftover garlic knots also ..so lets say the sugar, carbs and calorie consumption was off the chart for a good two or three days. The result: I'm back up to 148. I struggled so much the week before to get slighty below 143...I look back now and say what was that all for? Okay here is when the story gets even worse. The nice man I'm seeing is taking me on a ski weekend with all his friends.....I don't ski, but was looking forward to maybe hiking and tubing....well wouldn't you know he mentions that I should bring my bathing suit because there is a pool. I told him that I don't swim in indoor pools because I teach in one so it doesn't do much for me. He looked a little puzzled and disappointed. Finally I told him that I don't have any bathing suits that fit. He didn't push the issue. I looked up the resort online and low and behold this pool looks like some kind of fantasy land, complete with grotto, waterfalls, trees and plants, and you can tan because of the glass they use to cover it. So while all his friends and he are in the pool i'll be the odd man out, all because I hate my body. I called my friend crying last night and she told me to just go buy a bathing suit in the specialty swimwear store (they fit big sizes on top, I'm a 32F) , but honestly there is nothing that I could buy in a store that will make me feel better about my thighs.....I'm tired of this horrible feeling. Im sure there are bigger girls that would tell me that I am stupid and a drama queen and there's nothing wrong with me...but eating disorders have nothing to do with your body, they start in your head. So here I am dreading this trip.....I should be packing for it now and I don't want to .....I finally met this amazing man that wants to take me to a nice place and I can't enjoy it.

No carbs today, very little food... lots of lemon water, but honestly I don't think it will help.

Thanks for listening.

Mrs Snark
02-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Oh honey, I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten about yourself. I hate, hate, hate that we do this sort of thing to ourselves.

First, I bet your amazing man thinks you are HOT, including your thighs.

But look, all this pressure is going to make you crazy. Nobody can just suddenly accept themselves (and their body, and their perceived "flaws" etc.) on the shortened deadline you are on (though I think this is worth working on later, when you're not under all this pressure!).

So, deep breath. You've decided you are not swimming so stop stressing, decision made. Pick out the cutest tropical outfit you've got and decide you will rock that poolside. Shorts, a gauzy top, whatever it is, you're going to look great. You don't have to GET IN the pool to have a good time or to be participating! Practice a couple of lines about how "the chlorine irritates my eyes, so it's all yours baby" (or something snarky that I would say is: "Don't you know I'm made of sugar, baby, I'll melt in that pool!)" and have them ready to toss off if someone should ask why you aren't getting in.

Say those lines with confidence. Honestly, if you are there, having fun, I don't think anybody will give 2 hoots whether you're actually swimming or not! You can be the photog for this event, bring your camera.

You're going to dangle your feetsies in the water while they splash about and you're going to look hot doing it. And you're going to have fun with your amazing man.

Side note: you didn't suddenly transform into a hideous monster because the scale registers 5 pounds more. Seriously, you didn't. You are the same beautiful gal the amazing man wants to spend time with. You really are.

So get packing missy, this is going to be a fun vacay!

(sending you hugs!)

Mrs Snark
02-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Also, feel free to drop the "baby" from my suggested lines. Apparently I talk like I live in a 70's disco movie, and that may not be how YOU live.

I say honey, baby, and darlin' alot. I'm from the south.

;)

newleaf123
02-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Zumba, I'm sorry you are struggling so... Mrs. Snark gives great advice above. I don't know why we do this to ourselves either... :hug: I know what you mean about struggling to get to a certain weight and then undoing it all in such a short time, making the whole thing seems like the Myth of Sisyphus. I'm right there with you...

crib note here: In Greek mythology Sisyphus was a king of Ephyra punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever

newleaf123
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Marleen Indian lunch always does me in; I'm impressed by our control! I'm sure your event tonight will go equally well. Looking forward to hearing how your husband handles the impending animal cracker shortage...

Snow day today. So far so good re: food.

Sum38
02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Zumba I am so sorry that you are feeling sad! Michelle gave some fabulous advise! -- I think you can totally rock the poolside with some poolside clothing. Go and buy yourself a smoking hot bikini top and wear a sarong with it. To make it fun, you could even bring a large brim hat and to die for big shades, umbrella drink in your hand; a little glam and mystery. Play off your assets (32F will leave everyone drooling) and you have a fab waist.

:hug:

shr1nk1ngme
02-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Sorry I am unable to catch up with the thread today. Sooo busy!

Nothing new to report, weight stayed at exactly 153.8. :mad:

Chubby mum
02-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Zumba, I'm writing on my phone so sorry if it's a bit disjointed.

Firstly, I don't know much about eating disorders but it does seem as though there have been major changes in your life recently which can definitely change your relationship with food.

I love Sum and Mrs Snark's suggestion re the swimming but if you like to swim I say just jump in the pool! (In a brand new bikini, of course). Our society being what it is there won't be a woman there who isn't thinking about her own thighs, or her bikini wax or something and your man friend will be looking at your fabulous curves. You've had a rough time by the sound of things and depriving yourself of something fun because you don't feel like you're in perfect shape seems like a form of punishment. And that, of course, puts you under immense pressure to lose weight so you can give yourself permission to enjoy things

I'm not going to go all new age and talk about how you need to "love yourself as you are right now" but you need to cut yourself some slack and think how far you've come. I look at pics of myself in my 20s before my slim, fit body was ruined by children and wish I'd not wasted time fretting over imaginary flaws. I'm not going to let my real "flaws" - my extra weight, saggy boobs and stretch marks- stop me from swimming and having fun with the kids.

And when you go bikini shopping don't get upset by how you look when you try them on. Everyone knows those changing rooms are specially designed to make your thighs look worse than usual.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Ok personals first then my day.
first and foremost Zumba: :hug: i totally love Mrs Snark and Sums suggestion. I lean towards Sum. Might I also point out that what most men want is a woman comfortable with herself. This man has taken an interest in you so take one in yourself. Play up your assets. Buy a cute top with board shorts and say you don't want a wardrobe malfunction on the water slides. Have fun.
Marlene: glad the weight is coming off and thanks for the tax advice.
Sum: great NSV!
Mrs Snark: Baby, i am feeling your vibe. Lol.
Heidi, chubby mum and shr1nk1ng: :wave:

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM
So as far as me goes whoosh fairy visited 209.2. I think it must be pre TOM but I will take it. I have been good though. I write this from my stretcher on my kindle. My husband didn't want me to drive on the icy roads so here i am. He's stuck home with the kids so jokes on him.
Have a good night ladies.

justsayno
02-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Zumba - sorry you are having such a tough time, I kind of understand how down it is making you feel.

Seems like everyone is kind of just going along nicely & getting closer to your goals.

Me, not so much. I am really trying to not beat myself up so bad, but I am having my moments. I do realize I was really really sick, I was taking way to many antibiotics & all the other crap they were giving me since I just wasn't responding to treatment and I do realize you can't just lose the weight over night. So that in a nutshell is me trying to look on the positive side & be realistic. So I had lost 11 pounds since I joined this site, I got sick, I started gaining but for the last 10 days I have been on a strictly vegetarian diet of 1200 calories per day, it is hard to get it exact but it has ranged everyday between 1190 - 1210. Since getting sick I have gained 11.8 pounds so I am .8 over what I started at.

I am going to call the doctor & see if she has any ideas or what I need to be doing different. I went and bought a stationary bike & I bought a new scale that is easier for me to read the actual weight on. Nothing like feeling old and fat because I have to squint & try to see the actual weight even with my glasses on.

I am kind of at a loss. I don't do well taking meds of any kind, I figured I was gaining because of that & not really feeling like eating, but in the last 10 days it should seem like some of that would have come back off.

I am really trying to work through this instead of getting depressed and throwing in the towel. I do exercise but generally only in warm weather but I am pretty active all day so I don't want to go below 1200 calories.

I am going to start weighing daily, ride the bike for an hour each day & call the doctor. Anybody got any other bits of wisdom for me?

Today it was 199.8. :(

MarleneV
02-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Zumba, if you don't like the bikini idea, what about a tankini? That is what I got last year because even with losing the weight, I still have a belly roll (mostly skin now, but still) that bothered me. It hides what I want to hide and looks cute on.

Shay, maybe you need more calories? Might do to try for a little higher for a few days.

The animal cracker saga continues. He did not pick any up today. I put the last whole 8 in a Baggie tonight to take to work tomorrow, all that is left are broken pieces. He took some before I got to them, and then came in after I got the bag and ate pieces. I am not worried since I have my hidden stash at the office, but we are supposed to get wet mixed stuff on Friday, so I'm planning on working from home again. So I am going to take some of the ones from the office & bag up so I have some for the weekend... He's going to be out around town the next two days... Wonder if he'll pick up more?

As to my day, I was on plan even with the events, and ended up at 1250 -1275 calories, so all good there.

Cattails
02-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Zumba, I'm sorry about your struggle. The good thing here is that you recognize the problem for what it is before it's gotten too bad. Everything Mrs. Snark said is right on (Michelle, you wise woman, you). You know that you need to get your head in a better place, but that takes time; for this vacation, relax, do what is going to make you comfortable, and ENJOY your time. I do think it'd be a good idea to bring along a bathing suit (shhh, don't tell anyone!) just in case you feel like using the pool , but don't put any pressure on yourself - do what you want to do, not what you think others expect of you. On a personal note, I've taken to wearing a swimming tank top with mid-length board shorts in the past few years for my own comfort.

Great NSV, Sum! Change is afoot!

Shay, I'm sorry for your difficulties as well. But how great that you are feeling well again! I've no doubt that if you stick to clean eating and moving your bod, you'll see results; they say to not go below 1200 calories on a regular basis so maybe a tiny bit more would be good.

Urgh, Marlene, it is so annoying when others don't get how important certain items are! For me, it's my chocolate stash - everybody here, including DH, respects that is mine and mine alone. Your DH probably thinks "Eh, it's just animal crackers, what's the big deal?" It IS a big deal! Hope you can get that across without waging real war. Kudos for staying OP!

Cattails
02-06-2014, 04:04 AM
Staying pretty steady here, 116-117, but my jeans are getting seriously baggy - kinda bums me out, because they aren't at all worn and I don't have much of a clothing budget! Gotta try to hit some thrift stores when I can...

I've been doing strength workouts with cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, pylo hops) in between each set, and the cardio is getting easier! Last one I did, I extended the intervals from 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes each and it was totally doable - wow. The way my body is feeling from these workouts is really nice.

B: kefir with banana and flaxseed
L: 1 1/2 cup of southwestern style chicken stew
D: baby carrots, chicken and mushroom marsala over fettucini
S: lightly buttered popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz dark chocolate
E: 10 minute walk, 30 minute strength circuit, 15 minute yoga/stretching

newleaf123
02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Sorry you are struggling Shay! The good news is that the struggle is not leading you to the old behaviors of throwing in the towel. Stick with what you are doing... And yes - good idea to get a new scale!

Glad things are going so well catTails! Your exercise is really paying dividends!

soon2bSkinny great news on the wish!

Great advice, chubbyMummy!

Yesterday:

B cappuccino
S hummus on 2 wasa crackers
L curried chicken and quinoa salad, organic beef jerky, 2 plums
D roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, sunchoke & garlic soup

Weight: 158.5

Sum38
02-06-2014, 08:51 AM
New low for me :yay: My mystery bloat is finally gone. I increased my walking speed to 4.7 mph a few days back and I feel it on my hamstrings.
I still don't feel like going into the woods and wading thought that snow, I will walk the pup around the neighborhood for 1/2 hour or so. She won't be pleased because she gets to go off leash in the woods :)

Meals

B -Orange, egg and green tea
L- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, flackers
D - Big salad w/ chicken, feta and veggies
S - Apple, almonds and plain green yogurt
Total cals 1770

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill 60 min, swim 45 min, step aerobics 60 min

Mrs Snark
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Wow SUM, almost 3 hours of cardio in a single day.

I fear you.

Congrats on the new low!

shr1nk1ngme
02-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Staying pretty steady here, 116-117, but my jeans are getting seriously baggy - kinda bums me out, because they aren't at all worn and I don't have much of a clothing budget! Gotta try to hit some thrift stores when I can...

I've been doing strength workouts with cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope, pylo hops) in between each set, and the cardio is getting easier! Last one I did, I extended the intervals from 2 1/2 minutes to 3 minutes each and it was totally doable - wow. The way my body is feeling from these workouts is really nice.

B: kefir with banana and flaxseed
L: 1 1/2 cup of southwestern style chicken stew
D: baby carrots, chicken and mushroom marsala over fettucini
S: lightly buttered popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz dark chocolate
E: 10 minute walk, 30 minute strength circuit, 15 minute yoga/stretching

Cattails Your stats are similar to mine, as was your initial loss. That is to say, you started at about my high weight, you are AT my goal weight and you are close to my height. Thank you again for giving me hope and encouragement that maintenance is possible. Now I know what my posts/activity/diet should look like for a successful maintenance experience. I want to be you when I grow up. :dizzy:

Way to go SUM! I saw that you are about to leave the 140's thread. IS there a 130's thread? lol You go girl!:carrot:

------------

This morning my weight is down .6 from 153.8 to 153.2. Slowing down but still moving in the right direction. I forgot to test my blood sugar and ketones and I have already had my coffee, so I guess I'll have to test my blood tomorrow morning instead.

justsayno
02-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words. My mood is still iffy but I got up, planned my meals & exercised.

Planned Calories for Today

1201 - I may add something else because of exercise, haven't decided yet.

Exercise

10.11 miles exercise bike/52 minutes/246 calories (not too sure how accurate the calories are, the bike is a basic model with no frills)

Weight

Sum38
02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
LOL, Michelle! I think I am over doing it a bit ;) I tend to get a tad bit ODC on things. -- I am tired today, skipped all cardio. Hopped on that treadmill and I just did not have it in me. I dragged myself through the weights. Days like these I miss my caffeine.

justsayno So sorry about your troubles!!! :hug: I hope you will be feeling better soon!

shr1nk1ngme I am totally geeked about leaving the 140's behind! Yes, Chardonnay started get me out of the 130's thread... I have been lurking/visiting/dreaming it a bit :D -- You are doing awesome... you are still looking at 9-10 pound loss per months; that is fantastic!

Cattails You must be toning up, yay! Nice NSV about your pants; even if it means getting some new ones :(

Marlene We have pudding issues :D -- I buy pudding to curb my sweet tooth, but usually I don't end up eating any. My DD and DH polishes them off before I get to them.

Carma Nice whoosh! And once TOM gets here you will get even nicer whoosh!

Heidi A very nice food day!

Chubby mum I hope all is well with you! How is the running going?

newleaf123
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Sum, wow, look at you!! You have really gotten off to a great 2014!!

Chubby mum
02-06-2014, 10:18 PM
All good with me, no time to write though! Down two more so slowly getting there. No run today, Friday is always my rest day.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-06-2014, 10:42 PM
No time for personals today. Day 11 on target. Scale 208.2 was my work scale so we will see what mine says in am.

newleaf123
02-06-2014, 10:46 PM
B: cappuccino, pear
L: hummus scooped up with red pepper, last of the curried chicken & quinoa salad
S: miso soup, banana, plum, small handful of raw nuts
D: 2 poached eggs, slice of raisin toast, home fries, lemony brown rice with brussel sprouts salad, small bowl of cookie dough ice cream

I switched CSAs this winter and I can't believe the potatoes I've been getting. They have really *tasted* good. Normally potatoes don't have much taste to me; they are luscious, but low taste. These potatoes have been incredible!

shr1nk1ngme
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM
My mood is still iffy but I got up, planned my meals & exercised.

That is saying a lot! Sometimes it takes Herculean strength just to get out of bed and make it past the first cup of coffee.

We can do this! Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan. Stick to your plan.

Eventually it has to work. Even if it's sloooowwwwlllyyyy. They say that's the best way to lose weight anyway, right? It's so hard to wait, though.

I weighed in this A.M. at 152.4, down .8 from yesterday. Can you say whoosh!

:carrot:

Mrs Snark
02-07-2014, 06:21 PM
whoooooosh!!!!

Congrats Shrinki!

MarleneV
02-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Hi all,

127.0 this am, a little up, really would rather be at 125.5. I had some tortilla chips with dinner last night, so I'm going to blame those. Plus its just been down right cold here the past few days, so have not gotten out much at all. I am going to do 30DS after I post this. The bulb for our TV blew on Sat evening, and its a PIA to get my laptop set up to do this. New one is now installed!

yesterday's calories ended up at around 1275 or so, so that was in the right zone, but again, the chips. Or maybe because I don't think I'm drinking as much water because it is so cold.

Today:
B - Cream of wheat with 1/4C 1% milk, cheese stick
L - salad with chicken, salsa, feta; orange, last of animal crackers
S - MRC Chocolate pudding
D - Mexican restaurant - Beef fajita meat, with lettuce, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes, salsa. 1.5 flour tortilla, NO chips!
I'll add some mixed berries after I do 30DS, so will be at a total of 1275 or so for the day.

And my DH DID stop and pick up more animal crackers today while he was out. I'm glad I had that baggie of them in my purse, as I had left my secret stash at the office and ended up working from home, so I was going to be out completely for the weekend unless he picked some up.

Cattails
02-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Shr1nk1ng, it makes me really happy to see others reaching goals here, and to be able to help in any way sends me over the moon! So thank you. :)

Yay, Marlene, that your DH replaced the crackers! Disaster averted. ;) And yes, no doubt that silly fluctuation is salt; it'll be gone before you know it.

Heidi, I know you posted in the chat thread, but I wanted to say how glad I am that your recent tests came back clear - that is wonderful!

Hi to everyone else; sorry for the lack of more personals. I'm a little lost right now. This weekend is going to be difficult for me. My mother went into the hospital with the flu and double pneumonia. This is scary enough for anyone, but she's in frail health with breathing problems and a reduced lung capacity, so this is bad, really bad. I'm stressing over this, but she did call me a little while ago from the hospital (to complain that her TV doesn't work so she missed the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, LOL) and she's in good spirits, so that's good. I just wish I were closer - it's a 2 1/2 hour drive to see them normally but there's a mountain range between us and a storm currently dumping a lot of snow on the pass. Sigh...do you ever wish you knew what was going to happen so you didn't have to worry about what might happen?

Sum38
02-08-2014, 11:01 AM
So sorry to hear about your mom's condition Cattails! How old is she? I hope she will heal quickly.

Sum38
02-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Not much to report. I forgot to log in my food; I think I stayed within my calorie range.

I had a small victory last night; I went out to a happy hour with some ladyfriends, and I had nothing to eat nor to drink; well plain tonic water (no vodka in it :D). Being drink free around drinkers is getting easier. I don't crave the wine as much anymore. What was nice; these ladies have not seen me since New Year's Eve...10-12 pounds ago and they all were all amazed how much thinner I had gotten. One said I should stop losing weight right now.

Which bring me to another point. I am starting to look really good with clothes on, but clothes off, I look skinny fat :( -- I am doing strength training 3 times per week and swimming should sculpt my body too. I hate this part of weight loss. Fat made me plump and smooth and now I have this squishy fat all over me. I know the squishy fat is good because it is getting all soft and it will leave my body soon, but I am horrified how I look naked :( One should be able to enjoy the process, right? -- I am going to continue as usual with my walks, aerobics, swimming and weights and hopefully the next 10 pounds will make me look better nude.

I already walked my furbaby this morning. Have I mentioned that I am getting tired of snow...LOL! Later on I will hit the gym for some weights and swimming. A good day.

Mrs Snark
02-08-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm sending healing thoughts to your mom Cattails, and supportive thoughts to you, I know the stress is probably overwhelming! :hug:

Cattails
02-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Thank you for the well wishes. My mom is 73 and has always been in good health until a few years ago when she developed bird handler's disease. Who knew her beloved pets would destroy her lungs? Now she carries oxygen with her and struggles to do any activity. But she reports that she's feeling better today and even has an appetite - a very good thing as she's dropped down to about 104 lbs. (she's about 5' 2"). I'll be able to relax once she's back home and clear of any infection - until then, yes, this is very stressful! Two things come to mind: eat chocolate, and exercise madly. I'll try to follow the second urge more than the first, though today was an abysmal failure in that way. Ah, well, tomorrow WILL be better.

Cattails
02-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Sum, I feel for you; watching your body change is often uncomfortable, but you are so much better and will keep getting better. Even if you lost no more weight but stayed right where you are now, things would smooth and even out over the next several months, I think - but probably the major thing is that your contours are unfamiliar to you now. At least that's how it's been for me. Getting used to feeling my bone structure has been equally wonderful and scary. And my belly has been a real work in progress, and still is! But it's changing shape and for the better, even now. I hope you can embrace your changes - it's all part of the process and all that. Sorry if this is a bit rambling... You're doing great, and I'm so happy for you achieving your goals!

shr1nk1ngme
02-09-2014, 12:53 PM
My weight loss has slowed dramatically. There really isn't much I can change or eliminate from my diet, and I'm already exercising enough (for now) so I think I'll just stick this one out for a few more days. I am having a MediumDay instead of an UpDay today because I have to rearrange my days this week. MediumDays are easy for me and they are lower in calories so maybe that will help.

Still at 152.4 today. :mad:

My blood glucose is great at 83 and I am definitely in ketosis (ketones 1.6).

MarleneV
02-10-2014, 01:01 AM
Cattails, glad to hear your mom was feeling better this morning. Hope she's on the mend and gets home soon. It's so hard when parents aren't nearby.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

128.0 this am, same as yesterday. TOM and I went to a party yesterday. Ate reasonably, except I did decide to have a small piece of cake. It had fruit on the top of it, does that count? If this doesn't drop by Tuesday am, then I'm going back to my strict list for a few days until I get back to 125.

Today:
B - protein bar & sugar free cappuccino
L - salad with chicken, feta, guacamole, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - Cheese stick, mixed berries
D - beef fajita taco salad, ate 1/2 of the shell. I normally order without this, but was at a place we haven't been to in a while, and didn't feel comfortable with the special ordering that I do at our regular place. It WAS not as good as our regular place at all... I wished I had picked something else.
S - Orange, magic pops
Calories - aprox 1300 to 1350

We cut down 3 trees on our property today and hauled all of the branches to our brush pile, so I'm counting that as my workout!

Cattails
02-10-2014, 06:27 AM
I did better today, kept the calories where they should be, and got in a good workout! That felt pretty good. What was even better was hearing from my mom that she may get to go home tomorrow - yay! She's definitely doing much better. Big relief.

B: kefir with dried cherries and flaxseed
L: grapes, minestrone soup
S: dried mangoes
D: steamed broccoli, beef taco salad
S: coffee with creamer, dark chocolate

E: 20 minutes jogging on the mini trampoline, 55 minutes strength with 3 minute cardio intervals between sets, 25 minutes yoga/stretching

Hope everyone's weekend was pleasant.

shr1nk1ngme
02-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I did better today, kept the calories where they should be, and got in a good workout! That felt pretty good. What was even better was hearing from my mom that she may get to go home tomorrow - yay! She's definitely doing much better. Big relief.

So happy to hear your mom is doing well enough to maybe go home. Will she need someone to help her when she gets home? That can be a whole different kind of stressful. :hug:

---------

Today's weigh-in was 151.4, another one pound mini-whoosh! :carrot:

Hopefully my weight can get past the 150 mark by the end of this week.

Sum38
02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Cat Nice to hear that your mom is being released. It must be a great relief for you!!

Shrink Congrats on your whoosh! At this rate you will pass me soon :D

Marlene Sorry about your crummy weigh in. I know you are so determined that it will come off in a few days.

No TOM whoosh for me :( Usually I have enjoyed 2-4 pound whoosh each month, but not this month. -- I think I have no more water to drop; it is all fat loss from now on. It is going to slow down, drastically and I need to accept it. -- I guess one pound loss per week would be fabulous, if it just plain old fat. Hard to imagine, I have lost nearly 14 pounds since this challenge started; another 14 pounds and I will be near goal :eek: I really hope I can bring my weight down to 140 by Friday; nice 15 pound drop for this challenge.

Today I will have my final interview for the hospital volunteer position, wish me luck :crossed:

Meals
B - Orange, egg and hibiscus tea
L - None; not hungry
D - Salmon, rice (yep added carbs back into my diet), broccoli and Caesar salad
S - Apple w/pb, string cheese
Total cals 1300

Exercise
3.3 mile hike through snow 60 min, step aerobics 60 min

Weight
Up 0.2

Zumbachica
02-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Cattails: Good news that your mom gets to go home! I have to say the times my dad was in the hospital were the most horrible of my life, and I actually have post traumatic stress disorder from it....I quit my job at the hospital, that's how bad it was...and probably still is. Anyway I know how hard it is to live far from a parent and know they are sickly. I hope she recovers quickly...

SUM: I think as we get older when we lose weight our bodies don't smooth out the way we like them to. theres going to be some squish no matter what we do....in fact I can always tells which of my students lost a big amount of weight by how their skin looks. I am not saying this to discourage you..just keep doing what you're doing..and weights is what helps us look good naked ;)

I wish I had time to answer all of you but I'm sleepy so I'll keep my update brief. My weekend away was great..alot of fun....I did wear my bikini in the pool...it was a bold move. I think drinking helped me lose my inhibitions. One of the other women we were with told me that I had the perfect body and I was a fool for being self conscious. She was on the heavy side, so everything is relative I guess. Anyway the weekend included a lot of EATING and drinking so I am back up to 150 lbs..and will not meet my valentines goal. Another challenge in the dust. Oh well, all I can do is try to lose some weight from here on out..but I am getting discouraged.

Breakfast: coffee with splenda
Lunch: scrambled eggs with 1 teaspoon shredded cheese.
hand full of cashews
dinner: chicken and vegetable stir fry, low sodium soy sauce.
two fried plaintains (leftover from the weekend) 2 string cheese.
today's workouts: zumba toning, zumba circuit and regular zumba class. it feels good to work out again.

MarleneV
02-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Sum, I'm not completely happy with my shape even after reaching goal, although it seems to be slowing getting better. So, I completely get the "skinny fat" comment. It will get better.

Cattails, glad to hear that your mom may be getting out. That is great!

Shrink, it does come off slower as you get down, but nice on the 1 lb loss.

Zumba, glad to hear that the weekend went well and that you got into the fab pool after all!

Grrr from my house, 129.0 this morning, which is highest in at least a couple of months. Glad it was a work day so that I could get back into a routine. Will watch closely for a few days, and hope that next weekend doesn't have a bunch of out to eat meals.

B - Egg, Cheese stick, yogurt, coffee with creamer (I was SO cold!)
L - salad with chicken, orange, animal crackers
S - Orange, cheese stick
D - chicken tortilla soup starter mix (basically tomato based liquid with spices), chicken for in that, ONLY 3 chips crumbled up in it, 0.5 oz cheese, salad with black olives, guacamole & salsa. Mixed Berries
S - No sugar added ice cream
w - 8 cups

that should be just at 1200 calories, and I was particularly careful about weighing/measuring today. I really think it was the cake & chips over the weekend that did me in... I hope anyway.

Cattails
02-11-2014, 04:29 AM
She's home! I'm happy to report my mom got to go back home this afternoon. My dad is with her; he's scarcely left her side for the past, hm, few years. LOL Shr1nk1ng, I agree caregiving is very stressful and I keep checking in with him and my sister (who lives quite close to them) to see how he's doing. That man is healthy as a horse, thank goodness.

Grats, Shr1nk1ng, on the whoosh!

Sum, 14 lbs. is fantastic! How did your interview go?

Aw, Marlene, your scale is being bad! I've no doubt you'll get it back in line in no time. Probably just some sneaky water weight tormenting you. :)

Zumba, thank you (and everyone else) for the kind thoughts. Hospitals are just...scary. But gosh, I am so glad to hear your vacation was fun! Good for you. :) I'm sure there's some water weight that'll come right off - no worries.

newleaf123
02-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Haven't checked in since before the weekend. So sorry to hear about your mother catTails. Being away is hard... My parents are a 24-hour drive away, and I know how hard it hurts to not be able to go when you feel like you want to be there... So glad to hear she is being released! Thanks for your well wishes.

:wave: michelle

shrinking sorry that your loss has slowed. But good that you are still seeing the positive effects.

zumba glad you got in the pool! I bet you looked great! I hope that other woman's comment helps bring some acceptance. Yes, keep working, but also love who you are today. You are not solely your body.

sum good luck with the volunteer position! They will be lucky to have you, and fools if they don't see that.

marleen glad the cookies got replaced!

On my ipad so can't scroll back further, but well wishes to all. I bombed this challenge and am working on ways to get exercise back into my schedule. For me, that's the key. Still no candy though, so there is my positive.

Sum38
02-11-2014, 08:28 AM
I got the position. I will be volunteering at the welcome/greeter/help desk; I guess I am the first face they see when they enter into the hospital. I am quite excited. They had quite a few positions to choose from, but because of my disposition and people skills I chose the main entrance position. I can change it in 3 months time.

Another positive note; the TOM whoosh arrived :yay: I am in a new decade! 16 pounds lost during this challenge and counting....

Meals
B - Orange and hard boiled egg, hibiscus tea
L - Salad w/feta, avocado, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, chicken and dressing
D - Jambalaya and assorted veggies sauteed in evoo, small salad
S - Apple w/bp
Total cals 1560

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk 60 min

Down 3.2 lbs

Sum38
02-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Heidi Congrats on your non candy streak!

Cattails So happy to hear that your mom is back at home!

Marlene That evil scale! I hope your weekend is OP!

Zumba I bet you rocked that bikini! Glad that you had a fab weekend!

Zumbachica
02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
thanks everyone for your kind words.. I donl't think I rocked the bikini at all..but it was an outdoor pool and I quickly got in and took off my board shorts after I got in the water. it was night time so I don't think anyone could really see me and there weren't many people in the pool anyway....the other day when we were all in the pool d uring the day I kept my board shorts on.....was very self conscious about my big boobs and I'm surprised one didn't get loose..LOL...but I faced my fear...and I think this experience has made me more determined than ever to lose weight...I have accomplished so much the past few years..i got through an ugly horrible divorce, I bought a house....I am going back to school next month to become a title closer....but I can't lose weight and get healthy again..its really wearing me down.....it doesn't even have to do with being vain at this point, I see my friends my age having to take blood pressure meds, having auto immune issues and cancer....I want to be the healthiest that I can be.....so I can face the rest of my life with one less thing to worry so much about...because as we all know this life is TOUGH. off to teach my class now...I lost only one pound from yesterday but I think the soy sauce in the stir fry set me back, even though it was low sodium.

Zumbachica
02-11-2014, 10:35 AM
SUM congrats on your new position..maybe down the road it can lead to something else...a paying job (even though you'[re not looking for that now) but you never know..and as a greeter you need to always look nice...I think I see a WHBM shopping visit in your future..LOL..xoxox

MarleneV
02-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Wow, kind of quiet here today...

Sun, congrats on the job and the loss. WTG

Cattails, glad to hear that your mom is home, she must feel much better.

127.5 this am, so it is on the way back down, yeah!

B - Balance protein bar, tea with 1/4 C 1% milk
S - Coffee w/ creamer at meeting
L - Salad, chicken, orange, animal crackers
S - Orange & cheese stick
D - Salad with Steak, feta, black olives, guacamole, salsa. Mixed Berries & animal crackers
S - MRC Chocolate pudding
W - 8 cups

nice little NSV today. I'm mentoring a local high school student for a class that they offer where the student shadows a person in a career field that they are interested in. I've done this several times before with the same teacher, but it's been since before I lost the weight that I last had a student. One of their assignments is to get a photo with the mentor, and that was due yesterday. I received a very nice note from the teacher about how great I looked and asking how I lost the weight. Made my day!

Zumbachica
02-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Got brave and weighed in this morning.....147.4. Atleast I'm not 150 anymore. That weekend away really did me in....getting my. Roots done today, maybe good hair will make me feel better...planning a trip to the city for my bday and I am trying to get excited even though I have nothing to wear...blizzard coming tonight so I have a feeling we are going to be snowed in for a few days.....stocking the frig with healthy food.....also found my workout DVDs...my plan is to back to the low carb thing.....it was working until I had that party and lost control....no crying over spilt milk....I'm also excited about a new program I'm doing...21 day fix...it's a new beach body program. I. Think I need structure right now..obviously I'm not doing a good job on my own....you ladies are a great inspiration.

shr1nk1ngme
02-12-2014, 10:59 AM
...getting my roots done today, maybe good hair will make me feel better...my plan is to back to the low carb thing.....it was working until I had that party and lost control....no crying over spilt milk....I'm also excited about a new program I'm doing...21 day fix...it's a new beach body program. I. Think I need structure right now..obviously I'm not doing a good job on my own....you ladies are a great inspiration.

Good hair ALWAYS makes me lose weight. When I feel gorgeous, I stick to my plan better. IMO low carb is the way to go. And a new beach body program sounds challenging but doable. You go girl!:carrot:

------------------

As for me, I'm still at 151.4 this morning. My new pattern is to not budge one way or the other for two days, then it seems every third day I get a little whoosh. So I'm hoping tomorrow I will be down another pound. (fingers crossed)

wantochange
02-12-2014, 06:36 PM
I didn't loose anything while in Mexico, but I didn't gain either. Lots of walking helped. Looking at the photo's on facebook will help me out as I'm not to pleased with the fact in some I look pregnant. Now that I'm back I'll have to get stricter with myself.

I also have my cast off, but I'm not going to crazy just yet. Stick to the floor exercises for a while still.

Good luck everyone

Sum38
02-12-2014, 06:47 PM
I might have screwed up a bit. I bought my summer clothes in size 6; well they are starting to fit me now. Another 5-8 pounds and they will fit me perfect, but I am aiming for 120-125 pounds by summer and that seems to mean size 4. I know Zumba "hates" when I complain about clothes :) But I am literally left naked here...lol I guess I could have the opposite problem, which I actually did at the size of 14, when I had nothing that I could squeeze into. -- I can not believe that I did mention size 14 and 4 in a same paragraph... bliss!

I am expecting a gain for tomorrow. It always happens after the FCA; it must be all the sitting I do all day long. BUT otherwise, somehow I have turned my body into this fat burning machine. I have no idea what diet I am following, I might have created my own, but it is working.

My yesterday was;

Meals

B - Egg, orange and bolthouse smoothie
L - Salad w/ normal goodies
D - Filet Mignon, sauteed peppers and onions in evoo
S - apple w/bp, string cheese
Total cals 1740

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk (60 min), weights (45 min), swim (50 min)

Weight this am
Down 0.4 lbs

Zumbachica
02-12-2014, 10:19 PM
I might have screwed up a bit. I bought my summer clothes in size 6; well they are starting to fit me now. Another 5-8 pounds and they will fit me perfect, but I am aiming for 120-125 pounds by summer and that seems to mean size 4. I know Zumba "hates" when I complain about clothes :) But I am literally left naked here...lol I guess I could have the opposite problem, which I actually did at the size of 14, when I had nothing that I could squeeze into. -- I can not believe that I did mention size 14 and 4 in a same paragraph... bliss!

I am expecting a gain for tomorrow. It always happens after the FCA; it must be all the sitting I do all day long. BUT otherwise, somehow I have turned my body into this fat burning machine. I have no idea what diet I am following, I might have created my own, but it is working.

My yesterday was;

Meals

B - Egg, orange and bolthouse smoothie
L - Salad w/ normal goodies
D - Filet Mignon, sauteed peppers and onions in evoo
S - apple w/bp, string cheese
Total cals 1740

Exercise
4.7 mile treadmill walk (60 min), weights (45 min), swim (50 min)

Weight this am
Down 0.4 lbs

I have two pairs of WHBM jeans in size four that I probably wore once and would love to send them to you, maybe that will help. :) I know what it is like to have a beautiful wardrobe and not be able to wear it whther it is because too big or too small. ...but you can always buy new things!! You can't buy a new body..that you are EARNING and it is hard to come by. I am so proud of how you have turned things around. You are an inspiration....keep going!!!!

Zumbachica
02-12-2014, 10:28 PM
SHRINK Thanks for your report...this new beachbody program is on backorder so I have to wait ten days for it, until then I'm doing the low carb thing....so excited about trying something NEW! So even though this challenge was a wash I am looking forward to the next one....

Zumbachica
02-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Well I think I put in a pretty good day today food wise, no water though....

Breakfast: two eggs and cheese
LUNCH: grilled chicken, salad with romaine lettuce , olive oil and balsamic. I forgot how much I love salad..this one hit the spot. I sprinkled some locatelli cheese on top.
DINNER: dinner I kind of picked on beef stroganoff because I made it for the kids but I couldn't have the noodles. I had a few pieces of mozzarella cheese. No vegetables, I just wasn't in the mood.
ended the day with some dark chocolate kisses because I forgot to buy 80 percent chocolate today.
I took my vitamin D supplement. My goal is a two lb. loss by the end of this week.....I'd like to be an even 145 by my bday.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Ugh I hope it is TOM showing just in time for valentines day but scale jumped from 206.8 to 209.4.

Will do personals tomorrow.

shr1nk1ngme
02-13-2014, 10:33 AM

Sooo amazing. But RATS that you might need to buy new clothes - AGAIN. About two years ago I donated FOUR BOXES of size 4 and extra-small clothing to a women's ministry. Some of them were REALLY NICE. Jeans, tops, dresses, business suits, etc. Now I'm wishing I had saved a few items for myself. I'll be needing them in August, too.

-------------------

Down to 150.6 today. In two or three days, Lord willing, I'll be saying goodbye to the 150's for the LAST TIME IN MY LIFE. :dancer:

Sum38
02-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Hopefully I need to build my wardrobe for the last time :) I think I am done shopping for now until I know what size I end up at. I honestly thought it would be 6. I think WHBM is vanity sizing their clothes. :(

I am up a bit as I knew I would be. 140 right on the spot. Feels good to be "up" and only 140...those horrid 150's seems so far away now, thank goodness.

Today I have a busy day; cleaning and packing, shopping and cooking for the trip.

I am a little sad to be leaving my furbaby behind. We took her to Colorado last time and she loved it so much.

I did not log my food yesterday. Nor did I get any exercise. I was way too tired for aerobics by the time I got home (late) from the FCA.

No exercise today either; too much to do, too little time. I bet the next two weeks, I will get minimal exercise. We are staying at a hotel for a few nights and I can use their gym, and I think I will do some hiking, but no weight lifting etc. Interesting to see what happens to my weight; I need to be diligent what comes to my eating.

Sum38
02-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Hey... I am going to be in Colorado bound tomorrow and day after. Would someone like to start a new challenge/accountability thread, perhaps an Easter one? Any interest? Or should we just stick with the monthly chat thread?

Chubby mum
02-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Hmmmm. I don't really mind, I liked this challenge cos I've lost 9 pounds but I didn't try harder because it was a "challenge". It is good to break the amount up though, I've still got 9kg or 21 pounds to go which feels like big numbers. The baby is nearly five months, I'm 2kg heavier than I was at the same stage with my third but I suspect I was fatter overall this time.

Even though I'm still carrying loads extra I'm pleased with my fitness, my body is beginning to feel like mine again!

Hope everyone else has a nice Valentine's day- our anniversary is on Sunday so I'm sort of pushing it to get two days of nurturing. We may have pizza for tea which is a treat for us, the extra calories are worth the no dishes!

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 12:19 AM
I can do it Sum if everyone else wants to do it...the chat thread is also a place to do the same thing...just not with a final date.

Have fun in Colorado this weekend...I'm going into NYC for my bday....

MarleneV
02-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Either way works for me. If there is a challenge, I'll participate, if not, I'll post in the chat one. I've enjoyed meeting everyone here.

125.5 this am. I've gotten back down into my preferred range from the high earlier this week. Thereby proving that I can do this. I didn't get as much exercise as I had planned in, the cold weather had a lot to do with that. Hopefully we have had the last of the cold stuff for us, and it will be nicer going forward.

Cattails
02-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Sum, have a terrific vacation! Looking forward to hearing about your fun when you get back online. :)

Zumba, I think you should start another challenge - Easter sounds good. I find it helpful to go from holiday to holiday with you ladies. My goal was to stay under 120 and I've done that - yay me! That's my goal for ever, but breaking it up into segments makes it more tangible.

Nice job on the challenge, Chubby Mom, and happy anniversary!

Marlene, I never doubted you'd get back to 'normal' in no time. :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all! :val1:

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Congrats to all who made their challenge. I blew it 208.4. Stupid PMS and winter storm and valentines party got me into bloat-ville. Looks like I am buying my husband dinner. Unless he too ate too much party food.

newleaf123
02-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Well, I totally bombed this challenge, which is depressing to say. But I did exercise yesterday, so I'm working on fitting it in with working. And I am still not eating candy, despite it being valentines day, so those are good things.

I'm working on my commitment level, and would definitely join another challenge. Congrats to you all who did so well!

Sum38
02-14-2014, 08:44 AM
140 pounds this morning, woot! I set to lose 7 pounds; I lost 15. I am so happy!! My goal is to be near goal by Easter. I would like to drop 10 pounds between now and then.

Zumba, please start a new challenge/accountability thread.

love2b150
02-14-2014, 10:01 AM
:val1: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE :val1:

You all did great :congrat: on the losses whether you made goal or not we did made it through :yay: US! :)

Weighed in at 169 this morning ... I don't remember where I started but know I loss. So if someone starts a new challenge I'll join in, even though I don't post in here as often as I use to ....:)

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Im realy sad posting here today. I accomplished nothing, this has to be my sixth or seventh challenge. I feel like a huge idiot for not being able to do this. Why can't I do this? What is stopping me? I've thought about it and analyzed , etc. What the hay.....not sure if' I'm up to another challenge because I'm just setting myself up to fail again.

I'll start a new challenge on the thread but not sure how much I'm going to participate. I say we keep It short....St Patricks Day. That's a good month....

Congrats to all those that reached their goals this challenge. sum you win the prize for most changes, most weight lost.

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
new challenge is up....

Cattails
02-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Grats to all who made their goals, even partially, and kudos to all who participated - it's all progress!

Cattails
02-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Rennie said on 12/26/2013:

weigh in this morning 180.2

1 ~ get back to ticker weight of 177.4 by the first of the year
2 ~ get to 175 which was my Christmas challenge goal
3 ~ get as close to 170 as possible by the end of this challenge

You did it, Rennie! :dancer:

shr1nk1ngme
02-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Weighed in this morning for the last time in this challenge and I was 150.4. For some unknown reason I decided to get on the scale again this afternoon, which is something I NEVER do.

:carrot:!!! 149.8 !!!:carrot:

It won't be official until tomorrow morning's weigh-in. But still. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

So I lost 15.2 pounds in six weeks. Not quite the 16 I was aiming for, but I am sooo happy. No complaints here. See you all in the other challenges as they come up.

love2b150
02-15-2014, 09:26 PM
new challenge is up

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/292792-40-something-st-patricks-challenge-2.html