Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

SUm ...YOU KNOW you didn't overeat so you KNOW that this weight gain isn't a real gain....I bet you will have it off in no time if it isn't off already!!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #17  

Hello all..

Well today I had a stellar Day!!! I am at a low weight that I haven't been at in ages...woot woot...My activity level hasn't changed, its all about controlling my poor eating habits. Basically I just cut out sugar and carbs.

I am having a party this weekend so I went to WHBM and bought their instantly slimming dress.....I think I can pull it off if I put on a good pair of control top pantyhose. It was on sale. Last thing I needed was another dress, but this is a special occasion. I also feel like I keep "waiting"...waiting to be skinny so I can wear a slinky dress...Waiting waiting waiting...I'm done waiting. I'm going to continue to try and get toned and fit but until then I'm embracing my curves.....

Hoping you all have a good day.....

B: hard boiled egg
SNACK: 1/3 cup walnuts
L: Atkins bar (I hate processed food but I was out shopping and starving) and an avocado.
D: can of tuna fish, or some sushi sans soy sauce and salad. balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
82 percent chocolate
going to have to remember to take my supplement today..Its crazy but I think being vitamin D deficient makes me gain weight and when I take vitamin D supplements I lose weight...probably my imagination.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I know Zumba... I feel like I have been a really whiny baby about this whole incident -- It should work itself out in a few days. I have been eating clean all day, and staying within 1560 calories for the day.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #19  

SUM you're going to be fine..i just know it..but I understand why you are upset, I probably would be very frustrated myself!! YOu have worked SO VERY HARD to drop ten lbs and that' is what you deserve to see.....some mystery weight gain totally throws off our mojo. I'm thinking you secretly had sodium in something or it is a hormonal thing. When I was really skinny my weight would flucturate by five lbs every month....it didn't bother me though because I was already skinny...but it had to do with my cycle....I also am very sensitive to sodium, more than the average person. Have asparaug, its a natural direutic.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Sum, hope that today went well, and you'll get there. Certainly odd on the gain. as to me, I'm feeling pretty good, shoulders still a little sore, but I think it is from 30DS level 2 workouts, not from the incident.

Guac, sounds like you had a good workout day. Carbs and sugars are always the worse for me too.

Magical, hope that things have settled and you are seeing the results you want soon.

Chubby mum, slow & steady wins the race, so just keep at it.

Rennie, sorry that your DH said that. Sometimes they don't think before they say something.

Cattails, I usually have baggies of animal crackers and a box of Godiva dark chocolate pearls in my purse. But I like your idea too because it's protein and fiber, and that would be good to have.

Zumba, hope the party goes well!

Does anyone have any big party plans for Super Bowl? Friends are having a big open house, with potluck. So, I'm taking a big veggie tray to share, and that way I will have something that I can eat without problems. One of their other friends is bringing a big smoker so we can all take whatever meat we want to throw on that, so we'll have to decide what we want. I can avoid a lot of the junk, and will drink water because it is BYOB, and if we don't take any alcohol, then I won't have any to drink!
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

125.5 this am, so right in my range still. Am being fairly consistent about getting exercise in most days, today I did both 30DS level 2 and went for a walk with DH & dog.

Calories before exercise - aprox 1350. I was at 1250, but after all the exercise, I was hungry, so had a final snack...

B - egg, cheese stick, yogurt
L - salad with chicken, few tortilla chips, 2 animal crackers
S - orange, cheese stick
S - Costco samples
D - salad with beef fajita meat, black olives, feta, guacamole, Blackberries, animal crackers
S - ice cream
S - animal crackers, dark chocolate
Water - at least 6 cups
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:04 AM   #22  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Hang tough, Sum; you'll probably see that water weight gone in the morning. That still counts as January to me.

Zumba, what an awesome day! That dress looks really cute; you're gonna rock your party for sure.

Rennie, I'm so glad your DH apologized! I'm one to put my foot in my mouth often, and it's really hard pulling it back out!

Marlene, I'm glad to know I'm not the only "baggie-lady!" Happy to hear your car incident hasn't had lasting effects. I love 30DS but it wrecked my shoulder and I tore the muscle just in front of my armpit doing it, unfortunately. Guess I'm a little too delicate for JM. LOL

We're just hanging out here on Sunday. DH wants to make enchiladas, I'll make some salsa for dipping and maybe a black bean dip also. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. Go Broncos!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM   #23  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Grr...we stopped at the Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch; it was only when we got home that I discovered the half of a panini I ate was so dang high in calories and sodium! At least I laid off of the potato chips - not one passed my lips. Had a very light dinner to compensate, but I'm still over calories by 300. Yesterday I was under by 600, so I guess it'll all come out in the wash, eh?

B: Greek yogurt with banana, cherries, and flaxseed
L: minestrone, 2 slices of bread, 1/2 chicken mozzarella panini
D: salad with beans and broccoli, 1 tbsp dressing
S: plain popcorn, coffee with creamer

and LOTS and LOTS of water!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #24  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Zumba I love the sound of your post SO happy and good job on the low and on the dress. Do you care to share a picture of the dress or you in the dress? I'd love to see it. I don't think I'll ever be fit enough to wear a slinky dress so I admire all who can <--- gotta go back to look for the picture Are the Atkins bars filling?

Sum I don't think you were whining at all (5lbs is a jump when you're doing EVERYTHING RIGHT) and we all get whiny at times I personally think that's what we have each other for so whine away my friend, I sure do

Thanks Marlene , glad to hear you're feeling a little better but I say take it easy with 30DS for a while, aches and pains sneak up on you and you don't want to pull something the wrong way. Marlene great planning for the open house, boy would I like to have that smoker around

Thanks Cattails ... ouch on 30DS ... hope the calorie differences balance everything out with all of the water

I had a good weigh in this morning. I was down .4 to 168.4. I slept/stayed in bed 2 hours longer than I normally do so I wonder if that helped, either way I'll take it as being off to a good start

Have a great day Everyone
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I lost 2.6 pounds worth of the bloat! Still not where I was on the 29th but maybe another day of clean eating and water will bring me back to 142 lbs. by tomorrow, another 2.6 pounds to go though -- I must have gotten some sodium, my hands still feel puffy.

It is snowing like crazy here in MI. We are supposed to get upto 7 (maybe more) inches of snow...wet and heavy stuff. I went grocery shopping this morning and the roads were slick just after a few inches of it.

I would have a baby shower and a wedding to go to, I decided not to go either one of them. The wedding is 1 1/2 h away on good driving conditions, it would take me 3 hours to get there in this mess. No thank you! -- I feel bad for the couple because I am sure they will have a large number of people who won't show up. She is a very frugal person, and chose to have the wedding in the middle of the winter because of the cost.... I am sure they will take a hit what comes to gifts/money. I will send them a check, though. I hope others will as well who RSVP:ed yes.

BTW, Zumba I have never done zumba. I should try it. My gym offers it daily. Yesterday, my bodystep class was cancelled and it was replaced by body blast class; lots of squats with weights, upperbody weight workout, and lengthy ab workout session; my muscles were shaking so bad after the class, it kicked my butt.-- I am going to try different classes they offer. Step has become easy, and I feel I need to surprise my body with different exercises.

Today is my heavy workout day; doggie walk in snow, treadmill walk (4.3 miles...ya I increased the speed ), weights for 45 min and swim for 45 min. I will be eating my 1800 calories today; we shall see what it does to my scale -- Secretly, I am kind of glad that I could skip the baby shower and the wedding; it would had been a sodium feast...

Have a beautiful day my friends. Stay warm!

Last edited by Sum38; 02-01-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Okay so I think I am going to be shy of my Valentines goal of 205. I ended the month of January exactly one pound lighter than I started. So I am not sure if I will be able to lose 7lbs in 2 weeks. It may happen though. TOM will hit in there at some point. Sad since I kept struggling to lose every time I re-gained back the weight but all in all I am happy with a loss at the end of the month. I have to remember that at this time last year I was 30 lbs heavier so over all I am winning. I have been on point for 5 days now and have exercised all 5.
Zumba: Hope all the moving settles in soon. 8 hours of piloxing for a class. Wow. That would be tough. I found a café mom cardio workout on you tube that I am going to try and get through today. Lots of jump squats. Ugh. As far as breaking back down below 145

Sum: Sorry to hear about that 5lbs must have been hormonal or sodium. It will be off in no time.

Rennie: Thank you for the encouragement. You are doing awesome. So nice to see since I know you struggled through a lot of last year. How have your blood glucose levels been?

Cattails: Panini's are the devils food. I am thinking about trying to make them at home with my own fixings and seeing what happens. I should be able to use the George Forman grill I think to use it. Great job on no potato chips.

Chubby Mum: congrats on the weight loss.

Marlene: I see your husband hasn't eaten all your animal crackers. lol.

Hi to everyone else. I am off for my walk run and will post what I ate tomorrow as tonight I go to a dastardly party at a Chinese restaurant. I can just feel my fat molecules retaining the salt. Eek.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #27  
~Rennie

Sum great on the 2.6 As I've said before you've got this. I admire you I hope the people having the shower and the wedding get checks in the mail also Snow has melted here for the most part and after days of 12-13 degrees yesterday and today we have the 50's I'm so happy. The kids have had too much time out of school.

Last edited by love2b150; 02-01-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #28  
~Rennie

Thanks Carma, and yes you're right I did struggle a ton last year. Thanks for asking Carma and remembering My fbs has been as low as 100 this past month but it won't go any lower ... yet. It's been in the 1 teens this week so I still count that as a victory. Sure beats the high 200's. I saw that you have already met your goal for Valentine's Day, so you're doing great also. Don't let the sodium monster get to you, just get your water in

The boys want to go to the gym so I guess I'll get my exercise today
Old 02-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #29  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I lost 2.6 pounds worth of the bloat! Still not where I was on the 29th but maybe another day of clean eating and water will bring me back to 142 lbs. by tomorrow, another 2.6 pounds to go though -- I must have gotten some sodium, my hands still feel puffy.

It is snowing like crazy here in MI. We are supposed to get upto 7 (maybe more) inches of snow...wet and heavy stuff. I went grocery shopping this morning and the roads were slick just after a few inches of it.

Have a beautiful day my friends. Stay warm!
Yay that some of it finally went away! That was so strange how it just came out of nowhere.

We had a "storm" which amounted to 8/100" of rain. Drought of the century here and we are starting to worry about what is going to happen to CA if it doesn't rain soon. Half of the produce in America is grown here so it could be disastrous for the entire nation. Not to mention my vegetable garden.

Praying for the rest of the country to make it through the cold intact. Sheesh what weird weather we are having!

--------

I am down to 154.4 this morning, down .6 from two days ago. Slow and steady wins the race, they say.

Today is an UpDay so I am looking forward to lots of healthy food: coffee with real cream, one minute flaxseed muffin with grass-fed butter, whole-fat Greek yogurt, steamed asparagus with gourmet aged cheddar cheese, an omelette with old-fashioned farm-raised eggs and local vegetables from the farmers market, etc. Started out with a bulletproof coffee. Mmmmm.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 02-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

shrink1ingme: What is a 1 minute flax seed muffin?
Sum: congrats on the weight loss, it must have been salt.
Zumba: Thanks for mentioning the vitamin D. It dawned on me I haven't been taking mine or my Multivitamin or my Cinnamon, All things I was doing when I was on my A game.
Rennie: My ticker isn't right. I am still way off my valentines goal. 212.4 this am. Will adjust my ticker so that it isn't as confusing. Congrats on the sugar levels. That's awesome.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 02-01-2014 at 02:18 PM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote