Pregnant - Nursing - Its too quiet around here! Any other summer mamas?

abbysue715
12-11-2013, 03:52 PM
I keep checking back eagerly everyday to see what else has been added. Nada.
I figured I would try and start a conversation that we can all just keep going.

How far along are you?
When is your due date?
Planned or unplanned?

JulesMarion
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Hello!

I'm about 9 weeks, putting my due date in early July. We were half-heartedly trying (figuring if it happened we'd be happy, but if not we're okay waiting a bit), but had some bleeding recently, went to the ER Sunday and everything looked good, had an ultrasound this morning, and they found two babies instead of one. Still trying to wrap myself around the idea of one, and now there's two!

abbysue715
12-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Congratulations!

Do twins run in your family?

My mom has been dreaming that I am pregnant with twins but we do not have our first ultrasound appt until Monday. I will be 7 weeks on Friday.

It took us a year to get pregnant with our first kiddo so when we stopped using birth control we thought we would be looking at at least 6 months of trying. Nope. Second cycle off of birth control. Apparently all that weight loss had something to do with it!

JulesMarion
12-11-2013, 07:54 PM
My great grandmother on my mom's side was a fraternal twin, so yep! Didn't really think about it until the ER when my HCG levels registered a little higher than normal. I guess it's typical to have exaggerated symptoms, but I really felt fine (minimal morning sickness, hardly any pains) have had some cramping but nothing exceptional, but I guess that's normal for a uterus that's growing twice as big.

I'm in the same boat, stopped using hormonal BC (after looking up what kinds of things it can do to your body, we went with other methods). I lost about 20 pounds, then found out I was pregnant. Have maintained that loss, and am hoping to continue to get healthier throughout my pregnancy. This certainly has changed my viewpoint on food, a nutrition source rather than a source of happiness. I haven't thrown up but once, but the nausea keeps me from eating too much or anything in any large quantity. But now that there's two of them, I know I have to be extra careful.

How much did you weigh with your first?

Ishbel
12-12-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm here! I'll chat with you! lol

I'm having one (I asked multiple times "Just one right?!")...right before the US my husband's maternal grandma (he was adopted) told me all about all the twins in her family.

I'm in my 16th week and I think this last week I've felt 'normal' so normal the only thing reason I know I'm pregnant is that I popped about two weeks ago so there is a definate belly. The first 3 months was rough. Back to working out now though and that always makes me feel better physically and emotionally.

When are you both due?

abbysue715
12-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Jules- With my first I was about 260/270 when I got pregnant and was 333 AFTER delivery at my postpartum check. I did have to have a c-section which I think could have been avoided if I had exercised and ate properly during my pregnancy.

I am a food addict though and being pregnant was my green light to go hog wild. Thankfully I had a very healthy baby boy but I am so hoping this time around is going to be drastically different.

Ishbel- Thanks for joining us!! I am due August 1st by my own calculations but we have a dating ultrasound this Monday. I am so hopeful that you feel normal at 16 weeks! I was so miserable my ENTIRE first pregnancy that I am thinking the same thing this time around too. I am in a lot better shape this time around and my eating is crazy different so I am hoping that after my firs trimester the world will stop spinning so much.

Anybody else exhausted all the time?

JulesMarion
12-12-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm pooped.

I'm due around July 13, but since it's twins, I know it'll probably be earlier than that. Hoping for full term and I'll do all I can. At this point I have to choke down food and have been losing weight because everything smells bad to me. I'd be happy any other time in my life, but since there's two in there I know I have to eat. I've been drinking the Ensure meal supplements and those really help me get the calories I need at this point. I'm sure the crazy cravings and stuff will come, but I'm still pretty early and want to keep on a good eating plan. You guys have any other easy foods that are good for pregnancy?

abbysue715
12-12-2013, 06:15 PM
All I wanted was bread. Toast goes down well for me. I use the Ezekial bread as I usually do not have bread at all and that seems to be the healthiest that I can find. It tastes like real bread to me when its toasted.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time eating :((

Apples and all veggies have just turned my stomach into mush. I thought it was bad when I was preggo with Landon because I never ate them anyways but they have become a huge part of my diet but right now I just can not. I have been doing protein, healthy grains and good fats.

gretel
12-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm tentatively joining this group with an EDD of 8/19. I just had a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago and since I'm not even 5 weeks yet...I'm so reluctant to say anything. But I just knocked out a Ripped in 30 workout and I want to share that small milestone with people. We have been trying for #2 and I'm very hopeful that this one sticks because I feel a bit pregnant this time around. I felt nothing two months ago. I had been interviewing docs and I found one that is going to consider a VBAC and has said that maintaining my weight during pregnancy is ok with her. She also told me to keep exercising, so I'm doing that as much as I can.

Ishbel
12-13-2013, 10:05 AM
WOW, you're really all summer babies! :) Sorry, I'm more 'spring' but hoping more mama's will join this board too :)

Yes I'm feeling somewhat normal but I'm still very tired (and can be more snappy then usual). I was at a supper party last night closing my eyes at the table (after supper). :/ kinda embarassing but they were very understanding. My bedtime is an hour earlier and I still sometimes need a nap after work.

Anyone see Kelly Clarkson on Ellen about her pregnancy? She made me laugh, I kept asking people "when does the glow start???!!" I wasn't vomiting but it was always 'right there' for about a month. Also had a MC scare off and on throughout my first trimester and had to stop running :(

I'm using "walk at home" and bought someone's 9 month pregnancy video series. Also signed up for a pregnancy yoga class in the new year to help with all the aches and pains.

I don't seem to have TOO many aversions but what I think is funny is what I said to someone "heaven right now would be sitting in a field of tomatoes and eating them off the vine" - that's still true! I LOVE tomatoes right now and can't get enough of them, I dream of baked tomatoes with garlic and olive oil and broiled parmesan cheese on them....mmmm

I do hope my boobs stop growing though :/

abbysue715
12-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Welcome Gretel!! Our due dates are close together! I am august 1.

Ishbel- I didn't see Kelly on Ellen, was it good? I am so jealous that you crave something healthy! I want to be one of those pregnant ladies that can not get enough watermelon or carrots or something healthy. Im over here dreaming of bread. :(

JulesMarion
12-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Mm.. potatoes sound good right now. I've been eating a candy cane this morning, peppermint definitely makes me happy!

abbysue715
12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I read something about roasted carrots being delicious. I am not sure if that is true or not but I am thinking about seasoning mine up tonight and trying it. I have carrot chips so I don't think I will even need to cut them. They said they were better than sweet potato fries.... Not sure if thats possible!

Peppermint was recommended by my doctor. Along with crackers and jolly ranchers to help with morning sickness.

I don't do any kind of sugar now that I am back in OA though so those are all out of the question for me.

How is everyone else doing?

Ishbel
12-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Oh don't think I haven't sat down with a bag of tostitoes and a jar of cheese lol...

I used a chunks of real ginger in boiling water to help my sickness. I love boiled carrots with a tiny but of butter and dill. I roast many veggies including carrots with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with garlic (from a jar), sprinkled with Italian seasoning. So good, if you want something different :)

Nagazim
12-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi ladies :wave:

I'm going on 11 weeks and due July 8th. This is my 5th pregnancy with 2 babies at home.

This baby was a complete surprise. We were using natural methods for pregnancy prevention and my ovulation day jumped up 10 days suddenly one month. Guess weight loss will do that for you. We had safely avoided for a year though before October. We didn't even have sex for 8 days before I ovulated so this is truly a miracle baby to us. I still am shocked that it's real.

I had planned to hit goal by next July (har har same time as baby is due) and then we were going to try for a 3rd baby. I found out on Halloween and dh thought I was joking with him until I took a test with him sitting right there beside me. It's my fault since I had kidded him on Father's Day with a "just kidding" test.

I really struggled at first since this was such a shock and I was on a roll with weight loss. It's taken until about 2 weeks ago to feel peace about all of it.

The problem I'm having now is wanting to eat crap and healthy stuff not sounding very good at all. Paleo is being tough since meat doesn't sound very good and all I want that's healthy is fruit. So I've had a lot of grapefruit and pickles here lately lol.

Talking about fake bread, I make primal girl's multipurpose paleo bread. It's divine and I've eaten a whole batch by myself in the past 3 days alone.

I crave chips. But I know they'll make my stomach hurt so badly if I give in, I just find it hard to resist currently. I've gained 1 lb since finding out I'm pregnant and I just want to go in the other direction and slowly drop a couple lbs. I gained 70 lbs with my son and I'm terrified I'm be "EAT ALL THE FOOD" again.

Sorry this is a novel. Thanks for reading :) Looking forward to keeping up with you all!

Ishbel
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Nagazim Congrats :) Being at peace with it, I'm not sure I'm entirely at peace with it just yet (I'm VERY excited and happy to be pregnant!). I have to be careful who I mention my weight gain too, it's slowly dwindled down to two people. Too many people think I'm dieting, not eating or not feeling blessed and excited....when in fact I'm just whining. I'll have to google primal girl's multipurpose paleo bread my mom is making some paleo crackers for me for Christmas (my fav!). Ok, they are for everyone but that was my specific request.

I'm using walking at home to help maintain my fitness...I am happy to say that I did 4 miles last night and had a fabulous sleep last night. I'm a little sad that I had to give up running due to some complications but 'que sera sera', I got hubby to promise me a jogging stroller without telling them how much they are :D

Hope everyone has a good day! :)

gretel
12-17-2013, 02:24 PM
I just scheduled my first prenatal visit and it isn't until 1/15! I'm not sharing the news until after that appointment and now I have to wait a whole month for it to happen. I'm making myself a little crazy with this feeling of limbo. Since I'm keeping it a secret for now, Christmas and New Years celebrations are going to be really tough with the alcohol around. I'm hoping to fake it with drinks my husband makes for me...

gretel
12-17-2013, 03:20 PM
abbysue715 - how old is your first? Mine was a Sept 2011 baby. I also had to have a c-section and am still pretty bitter about it. Not only are we close in due dates, but our height and weight stats are pretty much spot on too.

JulesMarion – congrats on the twins! How exciting! Don’t worry too much about not eating much now. Losing weight through the first trimester is still perfectly normal.

Ishbel – you have such an amazing loss before getting pregnant. Kudos to you! Between you and abbysue715, there is some serious shedding of weight in this batch of preggos. I did pilates when I was pregnant with my first and I loved it. I think yoga and walking sound like the perfect workouts for now.

Nagazim – first, can I ask if you are a knitter? You are describing how I felt with my first. We started trying even though I wasn’t done losing weight because it’s supposed to take a year, right? And we got pregnant right away. I put weight loss on hold for a long time. I wish I would have forced myself to continue to eat healthier the entire time though. I’m hoping to do better this time.

JulesMarion
12-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Just told my boss today, he gave me a hug! Another guy in our office is expecting twins with his wife (due in June), so he was surprised that there's going to be a lot of babies!

JulesMarion
12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
How is everybody doing?

Anyone had any bleeding throughout any of your pregnancies? I've had bleeding twice, and spotting off and on for 2 weeks. Doc and ultrasounds say everythings okay, but it's always a little disconcerting.

Pink Hurricane
12-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I am a Spring Mama but I am glad you started this thread! I, too, would check back here and not see any new posts and would be sad. So glad to see there are so many preggo women here now, so we should keep the pregnant/nursing forum alive!!

How far along are you? 23 weeks, 24 on Saturday!
When is your due date? April 19th, 2014!
Planned or unplanned? Planned, it was the second cycle off BC, I ovulated later than usual, so my husband and I left on our late honeymoon/one year wedding anniversary trip to Disney thinking we were not preggo, then found out on our 3rd day during the trip! :D It was a beautiful moment and trip and I will never forget our emotions!

Also, we found out a few weeks ago that we are having a boy! This is our first baby and we are so excited!! I have been doing good with doing prenatal yoga via Youtube a few days a week, as well as some light strength training. I eat healthy most of the time and also give in to cravings! So far I have had a 15 lb gain, aiming for a gain of 25-30 lbs!

Pink Hurricane
12-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Jules~ We had one spotting scare during the first trimester at 10 weeks. We had just woken up and I went to the bathroom, and noticed bright red blood and immediately freaked out. My husband calmed me down, we called the doctor and they told me that if it increases, fills up a pad, or if I had cramping with it to come in. The spotting started getting lighter and lighter, and by dinner time that day, the spotting had stopped. We never knew what caused it, but my doctor reassured me that spotting like that happens to 1/3 of pregnant women in the first trimester.

But as always, I think if you are spotting at all or having any strange symptoms to always call your doctor/midwife. Better to be safe!

gretel
12-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I moved up my appointment to 1/10 since I'm not traveling for work the week before. That's still 2 weeks away and the wait is super tough this time around. I almost told my mom over Christmas, but decided to get to my appointment first before announcing to anybody else. My husband's birthday is right at 10 weeks, so we might tell family then.

JulesMarion - I didn't have any bleeding with my first. I have heard from lots of friends that had it and have healthy kids now. I've heard that brown is ok, and it's not worrisome unless it is bright red, with clots or enough to soak a pad, and with cramps it can be a problem.

Pink Hurricane - Welcome! It's tough being around here when it is quiet. I'm happy to see you are so far along and that you are having a boy! Congratulations!

abbysue715
12-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Sorry I dropped off of here. We went to our appointment last Monday and the baby did not have a heartbeat. It has been **** week around my house. Everyone is being really supportive but my heart is just broken. The medication that they gave me worked and everything passed with no complications.

The midwife said that we can try right away again or we can wait.

Hope everyone else had a good christmas.

Hope you all have healthy pregnancies and hopefully I will be back to join you sooner rather than later.

gretel
12-26-2013, 03:55 PM
abbysue715 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself during this difficult time and find solace wherever you can.

JulesMarion
12-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Im so sorry abbysue715, I hope you're doing better this week. I know there's nothing that can be said that can ease the pain, but you are not alone.

tehshort1
12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm a spring momma, but I'll give my 2 cents. My due date is March 10 (currently at week 30). I've gained 25 pounds so far and hope that I don't gain too much more. dr said 15-25 but I have been SO bad with fast food. I've been a lazy prego. Also I miss the structure I got with weight watchers. We are having a boy which is awesome! It was planned. We had been trying for like 2 years and after losing like 70 pounds I got pregnant the week I hit the "normal" weight zone. lol figures.

musicteacher82
01-01-2014, 02:59 AM
Congratulations to all of you. Abbysue I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not currently pregnant but the hope is that I will be joining you all in the near future. I would like to lose some weight but in the meantime we aren't preventing.

Pink Hurricane
01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Gretel~ Yes I agree! It is tough especially because you already go through so many changes while pregnant and needing that support to have a healthy and fit pregnancy is sometimes hard to find. We should definitely try to keep each other going! I think y'all waiting for your husband's birthday to tell everyone is a super cute idea!! And thank you for the congrats, congrats go to you as well!

Abby~ I am so, so very sorry to hear that. :( I do hope that y'all will be able to find solace and move forward when you are ready.

Tehshort~ We are having a boy too! I am glad to hear that you are at 30 weeks, that is awesome and time definitely flies! I think even though you say you have been a lazy prego, you are almost in the homestretch and have done wonderful so far!!!

Musicteacher~ Thank you! I hope we will see you here soon too!

Ishbel
01-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Abby I'm so sorry :(

tehshort1 I wouldn't have thought 25 lbs at 30 weeks was that bad only because I've been researching a lot and some people gain very little in the 3rd. Do you find that?

JulesMarion I had bright pink and brown spotting for a few weeks off an on throughout my first trimester (I stopped all excersise and did very little but did work). When we went for the 12 weeks US the doctor (we have a doc here not a tech) couldn't find any reason why. I haven't had an issue since and hoping never to see it again.

++++++++++++++

Due to my weight loss I had the usual tummy pouch, which I call "Martha" (I own her she doesn't own me). Due to Martha I've popped quicker then someone who's never been pregnant. I've already had the "You're only 4 1/2 MONTHS!?" shock comment. Yeah ;p! lol It's difficult to watch the weight creep up even though it's all good. I did get a fit bit from my mom for Christmas and it's most definately making me do my walking workout videos just so I can up the step numbers. :)

I'll try to be here more often if others try too, I agree that it's difficult when it's so quiet :/ I do find most people don't want to hear about the weight gain and my anxieties (I think they think I'm complaining when I'm not..it's just anxiety about it) so I have no real outlet and was hoping this would be the place. I'm in if you are! :)

JulesMarion
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Welcome all!

I check back here frequently, but I don't want to post all the time and be obnoxious. ;) I'm filled with fear a lot, which I know is unhealthy because it stresses me out. I just have had spotting a few times in the past two weeks, and even though the last US said everything looks good, I worry. I have another appointment tomorrow (w/ nurse) and then Tuesday (to actually see the doc) and hopefully that will help put my mind at ease. I know I just need to have faith, I just freak every time I cramp or don't feel good. *sigh*

I'm almost to 13 weeks, and my nausea has pretty much gone away, but I've started to get dizzy and feel faint in the place of that. I'm trying to drink enough water, but they told me to drink at least 100 oz. a day. I feel like I breathe water now. :P

Ishbel
01-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Are you a FTM Jules? I am, I have been told that fear is now part of our makeup. It will never EVER go away being a mom. Which makes sense but not something I was really prepared to 'feel'. You're past the first trimester! Cramping will still happen even in the second (at least it does for me) but so far so good on the spotting. Now I worry that I'm gaining too much or not enough or not eating enough carbs (I try to keep a handle on the carbs). THEN I remember that I'm fine and my mom didn't have as much access to the "what to do" and went with her gut when she was pregnant with me.

It's hard to relax.

You might be dizzy if you are drinking a lot of water and not getting enough salt and electrolyes...just a thought. I probably get in 3.5 litres if not more a day of water. I did that before I was pregnant though so it's just something I do.

JulesMarion
01-03-2014, 10:47 PM
What's FTM? I'm still new ;) and I drank some Gatorade and felt much better. Had a headache yesterday and today but took a nice nap and now I'm good. :)

Ishbel
01-06-2014, 11:05 AM
FTM is first time mom. Glad the gatorade made you feel better. :)

My mom bought me a fitbit for Christmas and the little thing is addicting! It's making me move for sure. I'm using Leslie Sansome's walk at home videos. I also signed up for a prenatal yoga class.

What's everyone else using?

gretel
01-06-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm still here. I have my first appointment on Friday and the wait is super frustrating. I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and with my daughter, I already had an appointment and an ultrasound by now.

I haven't done well with eating the last couple of weeks. The only cure for my nausea is eating so I either feel nauseous or ravenous. I'm making a better effort of filling up on veggies and fruits rather than the simple carbs of bread and crackers. I only have a few aversions so I can eat mostly everything I ate before I was pregnant. I crave sweets but I feel so gross after eating them.

JulesMarion
01-06-2014, 04:15 PM
I am a first time mom - I'm still getting used to the acronyms, sorry!

I haven't done much exercising but I really want to start swimming. I need to talk to my doctor tomorrow about what kind of exercise is okay for twins, and since I've had bleeding/spotting issues for the past few weeks, the nurse told me to hold off til I see the doctor.

I'm 13 weeks now, and the nausea has gone away for the most part (unless I'm hungry, then I start to feel sick). I've just started feeling kind of sad since it's so dark up here. It's normal this time of year for people to get that way, but this year its been a little harder to stay positive. (The sun is just now rising and it's 11:15)

gretel, I understand the frustration. Not sure where you are geographically, but here they won't see you until 8-10 weeks. Tomorrow is technically my first appointment, and the only reason I've been to any other doctor is because of emergency/bleeding. Luckily everything is okay so far - just enjoy your appointment and make sure you get some good pictures! The second US I had, the OB gave me a picture where I couldn't even tell there were babies in there... he handed it to me like "for you!" and I was thinking I'm pretty sure he was just getting rid of the one picture that didn't have any value to them as doctors... haha.

gretel
01-07-2014, 08:50 AM
JulesMarion - there is no normal first appointment time around here. My old practice would see you ASAP for a confirmation pee test and general education. They would prescribe the ultrasound for any time after 6 weeks I believe. The new practice says they don't see you until after 7-8 weeks, but they saw me for a miscarriage at 5 weeks. They have the u/s equipment in the office which is probably why they schedule it the way they do. I saw my daughter at 7w1d. I'm just impatient because I'm having a really hard time focusing on anything else right now.

Oh and where in Alaska do you live? I did a cruise tour in 2009 so I saw a few towns and cities along the way. I'd really love to go back for a chance to see the northern lights :)

Ishbel - until I'm told otherwise, I'm still doing what I was doing before. I have been doing a lot of Jillian Michael's videos. I was doing a "Firm" video this weekend, but I overheated and felt terrible afterwards. I feel better this time around so I'm really trying to stay as active as possible. But, I fell asleep on the couch around 6:30 last night, so I didn't get anything in. Bare minimum is the 10 minutes I spend taking the dog for a walk in the morning.

JulesMarion
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
gretel, I'm from the Fairbanks/North Pole area. Did you guys stop there? It's central AK, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't go to the middle of AK. ;) Northern lights here are beautiful, but the stinky part is that you can only see them in the winter, when it's dark! (AND COLD!)

Just had my 13 week appointment, and both babies are wiggling around like crazy. One of them (Baby A) would hardly stay still for long enough for the doctor to get the heart rate! They were 152 and 157, so good and strong. We opted out of genetic testing, since it won't really change anything, and our insurance doesn't cover it. I figure they've made it this far, and I need to have faith. Still nerve wracking, though.

gretel
01-08-2014, 08:51 AM
JulesMarion - We started off in Fairbanks... I think we were there for 4 days. My coworker went to school there so he kept telling me about Otto the grizzly bear. And we had amazing Thai food there - who knew? My only beef with Alaska is that we were on land for 10 days and didn't see Mt. McKinley...until the day we left Anchorage. All of a sudden, you could see the whole Alaskan Range. Oh well, between that and the lights, I guess I have to go back! That's so neat about the wiggly twins. My daughter barely moved for any of her u/s's. She was always sleeping. Ahh, only 3 more days until I get a peak.

I'm having a bit of a rough day. It's super cold in NJ, in the tens with wind chills below zero. I can handle it just fine, but our furnace went out last night. Luckily we have some space heaters, so the bedrooms were warm. But the main part of the house was already 50 by morning. It's not supposed to get above freezing for a couple more days. And since it is so cold, everyone is having problems. So I'm not sure how quickly we can get someone in to fix it. All I know is that once the gas line is installed to my street, it's time to replace the furnace and switch from oil to gas. Sadly, this is a common occurrence.

JulesMarion
01-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Oh neat! Yeah, it can be finicky when you can actually see anything here. I'm
Sure next time you will! Just be very careful with space heaters, make sure you have a carbon monoxide alarm installed. We've had quite a few deaths this year because of that. That stinks about the cold - I was telling my husband that I feel bad because other parts of the US arent prepared for these kind of temperatures. Just make sure your pipes don't freeze! I'm sure space heaters are all but sold out there. We have a Woodstove that heats our home 95% of the time, and to keep extra heat in we sealed off all the windows with plastic lining, and I know some people even use the hard blocks of foam insulation to keep out drafts. Not sure how your house is laid out, but some of those measures ensure our house stays warm in subzero temps. This year we had a power outage that kept multiple thousands of people without any source of heat/electricity for almost a week with -20 F temps, and many people had to buy generators. I'll be praying for you guys, boilers are not fun to deal with especially when you need them... Which is usually when they'd break down!

Good luck with your appointment! It's been such a relief each time to see them. I didn't know that pregnancy would make me into 20X the worrier I already am!

Ishbel
01-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey Hey Everyone,

I'm past the 20 weeks and got to see the little nugget yesterday, if all goes well maybe the last time until she/he is out?? Nugget was measuring small but still within normal range. I had a bad day yesterday, just really tired in bed at 830 on Tuesday and then 730 last night. Feeling quasi normal today so hopefully it was just baby growing? I was a little worried I was fighting the nasty flu going around our region. The walk from my bed to the bathroom was a marathon.

gretal I was told to stop running due to spotting and then it stopped and then started again so I was told to stop walking. I ended up getting a nasty NASTY sinus infection that needed two rounds of antibodics right after my first trimester (when I could have started exercising again) so I was off any movement for almsot 6-7 weeks. Enjoying my videos and moving again.

Jules Hubby would like to go to Alaska too, apparently there is a disney cruise that goes up there. He's a HUGE HUGE Star Wars fan and now that Star Wars is in disney I think it's only a matter of time that either Star Wars will be part of the cruise or they will have sole Star War cruises. I expect I'll be on one of them to Alaska one day. I'm from northern Saskatchewan so I've been lucky to see the northern lights in my life time, down where I am now they are few and far between. We opted out of genetic testing too but mostly because of the anxiety it would cause in me which isn't good for me or the baby. The ultra sound tech looked VERY hard for any soft markers (both times), thankfully he's a doc so he could share "it all looks good" or "there is nothing I see that would concern me". There are different measurements and markers in the 20 week ultra sound I learned yesterday and he looked for all of them because we mentioned it again.

Hope everyone has a good day!

gretel
01-11-2014, 10:18 AM
JulesMarion - we got the furnace to fire again Wednesday night, so it was only cold in the house for one day. And it's now up to 50+ degrees with lots and lots of rain today. What a difference from the -2 and -20 windchills.

Ishbel - saw the doc yesterday and he told me to do whatever I'm already doing, just no scuba diving or extreme ski jumping. I'm really happy the days I can find the time and energy to do something. Yesterday, I walked and today I did another JM workout.

I'm feeling pretty upbeat today. Had a great visit with the doctor yesterday and saw our little baby bean. I'm measuring right on target and we saw the heartbeat too, but I didn't catch how fast it was. I don't go back for almost a month, but it will be another ultrasound again, so I am excited. I do need to get blood work done and try to get a copy of my post-op report from the last practice. I think we are going to wait until the next appointment to share the news because I'll be 12 weeks then. I was also pretty shocked to see 187 on the scale there since I just measured 179 at home (clothed vs naked, beginning of the day vs end of the day). The first trimester bloat is insane.

JulesMarion
01-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Yay for doc visits! I felt silly today for calling the after hours number for my doctor to ask a question, but she told me they have the number so we don't look at google... Which that helps. I just hate bothering people on the weekends but I worry. (And I don't call unless I'm concerned about something that is otherwise not apparent in any book I have).

Looks like we traded weather, gretel, now it's -33 F here, but that's normal for here. Glad our house is warm! I'm hunkering down for a nap now since I may have overdone it today. I may be in the second trimester but it doesn't mean I'm not pooped! I wouldn't be concerned about the weight difference, just weigh yourself tomorrow morning and you'll probably find that the scales are off. I know I regularly weigh about 4 pounds heavier at the doc with my clothes on (shoes off). And bloating happens... That should be the motto for pregnancy...

Mickeypnd
01-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Hello ladies! I'm a FTM and let me tell you, this pregnancy has not been easy! lol
I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I'm still suffering with morning sickness. I pray I'm not going to be sick my entire pregnancy but I feel like I'll never be over this sickness.
I'm tired all the time (my second wind has not kicked in lol) and so very bloated. I also can't eat as much so I find myself eating small meals throughout the day. Hopefully it'll get better.

JulesMarion
01-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Mickeypnd, I have a few friends who have had lots of luck with Zofran, have you talked to your doc about that?

Ishbel
01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Mickeypnd I used dilectin (sp?) and only took the edge off but didn't take it all away. One day it just stopped at about 10 weeks then of course I had a raging sinus infection that I needed two rounds of antibodics :/ I hope you start to feel better. Talk to your doc? Like Jules I've heard good things about Zofran.

As for being tired, it went away for a few weeks but now at 21 weeks I find I fad fast now. One time this past week I was in bed again at 730 (was doing that during my first)...but I'm quasi 'normal' during the day if that makes sense. During my first tri I was exhausted ALL day.

I just went to meeting in another building and those people hadn't seen me for 6 weeks. I spent most of the time answering the question "how are you feeling"...I was thinking "whoa, I need to ask any other pregnant lady something DIFFERENT!"

JulesMarion
01-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Do any of you guys work outside the home? If so, when do you plan on cutting hours/going on maternity leave?

Anyone else have the Doctor Google problem? I find myself google searching pretty much the worst case scenario (or it ends up leading to that because everyone's got a horror story). I'm doing well, but reading all the things that can happen make me feel like all of them are going to happen to me. So... I've pledged to myself and my babies that I will not google search bad things (or read into them). I've found a good site on positive and successful (no complication) twin births and it's been comforting. :)

I deal with a lot of stress and anxiety, and seem to have to worry about something (ALWAYS). I was diagnosed with OCD as a child, and that stems out of it, but I know the worrying has to stop because it's just not productive and it helps absolutely nothing.

gretel
01-17-2014, 10:12 AM
I work 8.5 hrs a day outside of home. For my first, I worked up until 39 weeks since I ended up with an elective c/s at 39w5d. I felt great and didn't mind working whatsoever since I have a desk job most of the time. Plus, there is a/c indoors and it was pretty hot back then. I'll probably do the same for this one, work up to my due date if I go late, unless I need to leave for health reasons. We have a liberal leave policy here, so as long as I have leave to use, I'll stay out of the office. Should be right around 12 weeks off with pay.

JulesMarion - I was definitely like that with my first. For this one, I'm a little less obsessive. I don't really check anything in terms of symptoms, but I am on the What to Expect boards pretty frequently reading how other mommas to be are doing.

Ishbel
01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
I work full time and barring any complications my projected last day is the 21 May. Crossing my fingers I can go that long. My due date by Doc is 26 May and my due date (cause I was tracking) is 31 May so anytime that last week or first week of June. I just don't want to go too early and then have those weeks lost before I go back.

I try to stay away from google too, sometimes it's hard even just NOT questioning in my head is hard not to do. I've told my mom "sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything wrong even though I know I'm not". I was also told that this will never go away, it's part of prego brain that turns immediately into mom brain. The worry will always be there.

I had a rough 7-10 days, had a tooth bothering me that progressively got worse until I couldn't sleep much less on my left side, I couldn't touch my left cheek. Ended up calling the dentist on his 'emergency' line and he opened the clinic to do an emergency root canal on Saturday. Got some relief and some sleep but then the next day the throbbing came back and he called in some antibodics for me which is helping. First morning without tylenol today but will probably need one before bed. I would have given my left boob for an advil or aleve in the last weeks! :/

JulesMarion
01-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Wow, gretel you guys have a generous maternity leave! I'm getting better with not being so freakishly worried, but I have nightmares sometimes that bring up fears I didn't have before.

Ishbel, sorry about your tooth! Tooth pain sucks, especially when you really don't have any pain killers. Ice packs?

I work 32 hours a week at a desk job, not sure how maternity leave will go yet but my boss is very understanding and has basically just left it up to "we'll see how things go," and mentioned working from home partially, which is very nice. My legs are killing me today, and they were last night. I get restless legs when I have too many sweets past... it seems like 4 pm now. Only got up about two times last night, which was nice compared to the usual 6-7 times. I've already got a bump! I have to kind of flatten my stomach out to see it, but it's definitely there. I started feeling the babies move about 13 weeks and it's been pretty fun, my husband even was able to feel it the other night. (They say with twins you feel them sooner, and I believe it!)

Sometimes I wonder if things have really sunk in, some of my friends from church have been telling me I'm handling things really well (when of course they're not in my neurotic worry-filled brain), and then part of me wonders how I'm supposed to be handling things other than how I am? I haven't freaked out yet or had a complete mental breakdown *knock on wood*. I recognize this will be a lot of work, and to me it's just the next exciting step in life, not something to be freaked out about. It kind of bothers me that the first thing many people tell me when I say I'm having twins is "That's going to be a LOT of work!" all the time. I get some people have the notion children are easy and things will be rainbows and daisies, but I'm a little more literal and realistic with things, and sometimes I just want someone to say "Congratulations, that's so exciting - I'm sure you'll do wonderful, here's my number for when you want a nap." ... Is that so much to ask for?? :P

gretel
01-27-2014, 08:50 AM
JulesMarion - We technically don't have any maternity leave though. All of the leave I have is what I've been saving by not taking any time off. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome - but anyone in the office could do the same thing for any reason. Our sick leave doesn't expire, so I've been saving as much of that as possible since my daughter was born. In the almost 3 years, I have just as much leave saved as I did back then.

Ishbel - I just got a cavity filled at about 10w. I was panicking in the office but I told them I was pregnant and there is nothing wrong with the dental work. I sort of wish I waited until the 2nd trimester, but I'm happy that it's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore. I hope you have some pain relief now!

Ishbel
01-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Hey ladies,

Just super busy and super tired. Finally able to eat gum on the left side but not too much. I'm almost done the antibodics....it's not behind me yet, still have to go back and get it completed. He only put medication in the empty tooth where the plup was. <BIG SIGH>.

We have pretty good maternity here, Canadians are given a year if they've worked 600 hours before hand. I also have pretty good top up from my employer but have to guarantee a year back.

I was quite excited about getting dental work too but both the dentist and my MD were ok with it. Course with the pain, it's the lesser of the evils. Most definately feel that baby felt the tension in my body (not the pain though apparently). Poor little thing was jumping something fierce!

Anyone having insomnia? I'm up hanging out trying to sleep everynight, I was like that before tooth pain, it was worse WITH tooth pain but back to 'normal' now. People who tell me I should sleep when the baby sleeps (when it comes), meh, sleep before your pregnant! :)

JulesMarion
01-31-2014, 12:14 AM
I'm having a more difficult time sleeping, too. I guess that's to be expected! Just found out I have a second urinary tract infection (argh!!) but luckily I got some antibiotics. Just pray all goes well. I'm 16 weeks, 4 days and the later in you get I hear the more dangerous UTIs can be. I have a rather large bump now, when I flatten my stomach out, so that's exciting!

JulesMarion
01-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Ahhhh! I just found out my OBGyn is pregnant with twins too! How crazy! She's about two months behind me. This will make my appointments even that much more exciting!

Ishbel
02-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Wow!!! That's kinda cool to have a doc going thru the same thing and probably having some of the same concerns so way more empathy I would think.

I am moving from my regular MD to the catcher in feb who is dude lol wish I could keep my regular one :/

LizRR
02-05-2014, 02:14 PM
HOLY SH*****TTTT ISHBEL!!!!! I have dropped off the face of the 3FC planet and WOWZER!!!! Are you gonna be a mommy!!!! SOOOOOO HAPPPYYYYY!!!!!! I haven't been on the IP forum as I'm not exactly 'on-plan' anymore, or maintaining...look at what news I miss when I'm away....

^^Didn't mean to drop in on the expecting mom's chat (I'm 5 months post-partum)...but ISHBEL is awesome. She was my inspiration when I lost weight before trying to get pregnant. Did I mention how happy I am for you girlfriend?

Ishbel
02-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Hey Lizz! :) you actually made me laugh out loud! HAHA!

yup, I"m here...I'm due end of May...tired all the time. Can't sleep for no other reason but hormones I think. Sometimes I wanna punch the VIP for sleeping so well, even admitted this morning that I was jealous of his sleep and he said "I slept but it doesn't feel like it!" which kinda made me feel better but I didn't tell him that. :)

We should all move to the Feb Chat group?? Anyone with me??

JulesMarion
02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
I'm all for moving to Feb. chat...