Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/3/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  

Default Quick reminder

I've seen lots of "chatty" new threads lately. That is what THIS thread is for! It cuts down in the volume of new threads.

Also, remember to check to see if there is an existing thread before starting new topics. It just makes everything harder to search later the more threads we have...
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!

So far I don't work today, even though I am on call, so I am going to redecorate the Christmas tree because I'm not happy with the way it turned out, start decorating the house, and make my ugly Christmas sweater!!

Lisa I have taken your advice from way back about the premier protein shakes, and am now only having one a day rather than two since I am under 200 lbs, and from peeking at the scale, it seems to be working like a charm. Although yesterday I went into work for one client and ended up being booked up for 6 hours, so I had to use my backup shake that was already in the work fridge. Time I bring some juice packets there instead!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Question.... I saw someone say it is common to gain on week 5 even though you may not have cheated. Just curious why this may be. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Lisa nice to see your awesome progress

I am back for a reboot, want to lose the 15 I gained, plus another 5
Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #6  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Good Morning all.
Hope every one is feeling good this morning. I'm adjusting to new days off, Mon/Tues. Its nice because it gives me a feeling of a break after the crazy weekends. Almost finished with my Christmas shopping, just have to pick up a few gift cards. I did everything online this year

On the IP front I've been 100% since T-giving, and it feels pretty good. Right now my goal is to be 143 by Christmas.

I've stopped worrying about the long term and am focused on one day at a time.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day.

Quick question. Have any of you felt like you are theburnt out on the veggies? I don't like half of what's on the list and yesterday I just felt like I'm sick of these food. I don't know if it was caused by stress or not.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #8  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Good Morning all.
Hope every one is feeling good this morning. I'm adjusting to new days off, Mon/Tues. Its nice because it gives me a feeling of a break after the crazy weekends. Almost finished with my Christmas shopping, just have to pick up a few gift cards. I did everything online this year

On the IP front I've been 100% since T-giving, and it feels pretty good. Right now my goal is to be 143 by Christmas.

I've stopped worrying about the long term and am focused on one day at a time.
Sounds like a good plan, NOLASmurf! One day at a time, even one meal at a time some days. You're so lucky to have your gift shopping almost done. I am not even close!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Question.... I saw someone say it is common to gain on week 5 even though you may not have cheated. Just curious why this may be. Thanks.
Sorry that I can't answer this, but hopefully someone else has more insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day.

Quick question. Have any of you felt like you are burnt out on the veggies? I don't like half of what's on the list and yesterday I just felt like I'm sick of these food. I don't know if it was caused by stress or not.
Oh, most definitely! I ate basically four cooked veggies (broccoli, zucchini, cabbage & green beans) before starting IP. I would also eat salad/ raw stuff. Well, I got so SICK of broccoli and zucchini in my first month of IP. I still can't eat zucchini LOL. The good news? I have tried and LOVED a bunch of different veggies that I was "scared of" before!

Now I truly LOVE mashed rutabaga and roasted turnips. I enjoy roasted cauliflower and sauteed brussels sprouts, too. Even jicama has become a delight in our house. Try some new things! You never know what you will grow to love! (I may never eat a mashed potato again...rutabaga might be here to stay!)

~Renee
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #9  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Lisa I have taken your advice from way back about the premier protein shakes, and am now only having one a day rather than two since I am under 200 lbs, and from peeking at the scale, it seems to be working like a charm. Although yesterday I went into work for one client and ended up being booked up for 6 hours, so I had to use my backup shake that was already in the work fridge. Time I bring some juice packets there instead!
Are any of you IP experts familiar with the Premier Protein bars? I know I've seen posts of people using them on IP, but I saw them at Costco and they have 290 calories...is this too high for an alternative? or do you just use them as restricted? I bought a box of them because I'd read about people eating them on here, but now I think it doesn't meet the requirements...has 25g of carbs, 3 g of fiber, 8 g of sugar, 70 fat cals, 30 g of protein.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #10  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

-3.8 more pounds gone!

Glad to be losing again after 10 days of eating my way through Austria and Turkey!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/171/145

Height: 5'6

Please help!!! I got the munches today. All I keep thinking about since this afternoon is chewing food. I had a restricted bar at 5pm and I am not satisfied. This is only my first week on the diet. I am open to any suggestions
Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepfor40 View Post
Please help!!! I got the munches today. All I keep thinking about since this afternoon is chewing food. I had a restricted bar at 5pm and I am not satisfied. This is only my first week on the diet. I am open to any suggestions
My doctor says when the munchies hit eat some lettuce. Not the most appealing snack but it works.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Try some hot tea or coffee. I always have a cup when the munchies hit.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #14  
IP start date 8/1/2013

So one of my favorite New Orleans Saints player's jersey number is 43. 43 is how much weight I've lost so far. Realized that when I was getting dressed. About to head out for a little bit with my sweetie. Here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Height: 5'6"

Hot herbal tea works for me when I get the munchies. Also, when I want a bedtime snack.
Closed Thread