Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday, 8/20/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #2  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning all!! After a few bumps in the road over the weekend, I finally passed the 45lb mark!! THIS PLAN WORKS!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #3  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Good morning all!! After a few bumps in the road over the weekend, I finally passed the 45lb mark!! THIS PLAN WORKS!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!!
Congratulations! I am going to pretend that yesterday didn't happen, so if I do that, this plan is going well for *me* so far. I am just at the beginning, but I already I feel SO much better! This is day 6 for me, I use alternatives.

I am committed and determined and I don't expect to be thin by next week, lol. I love this community and this board in particular!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #4  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Slips...

I have been thinking overnight about someone's comment about beating ourselves up about slips.

I like watching competitive curling on television. I remember a consistent response one of my favourite players would give about flubs to commentators (for all you Saskatchewanians out there, I am talking about Sandra Schmirler!)

She said that in terms of a mistake made on a shot, it was important to quickly let it go. Otherwise, by continuing to ruminate on the mistake for long after, that mistake would then be part of the spirit of every subsequent play in te game. Kind of like air pollution hanging around. She said many players frequently work with sports psychologists for coaching about this...moving forward with a sense of a clean slate important to continued good play.

I wonder if the same principles apply to us?

Last edited by Annik; 08-20-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone,

I've been on this journey for a while now. And it does work!

I've been trying out recipes from this board, as well as from a few other websites. I thought it would be fun to try out different recipes and rate them? So I decided to start a blog. I'm also going to be talking about some of my favorite IP foods, and not favorite!! So I've only just started the blog with a few posts so far, but let me know what you think. If you have recipes you want me to try and review, let me know.

The link to the blog is below my signature.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #6  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Slips...

I have been thinking overnight about someone's comment about beating ourselves up about slips.

I like watching competitive curling on television. I remember a consistent response one of my favourite players would give about flubs to commentators (for all you Saskatchewanians out there, I am talking about Sandra Schmirler!)

She said that in terms of a mistake made on a shot, it was important to quickly let it go. Otherwise, by continuing to ruminate on the mistake for long after, that mistake would then be part of the spirit of every subsequent play in te game. Kind of like air pollution hanging around. She said they frequently worked with sports psychologists who would coach them about this...moving forward with a sense of a clean slate important to continued good play.

I wonder if the same principles apply to us?
It sure works for me! If I beat myself up about yesterday, I will only get into the slump of "I have been failing at this weight loss things for years, and this time is no different, so I may as well go ahead and eat _______". So, yes, starting each day with a clean slate is very important. Let the mistakes stay in yesterday; there's nothing I can go about *today* so don't waste the energy thinking about it.

:
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #7  

I made it! I found myself wandering around my kitchen and pantry at 1 am, just looking for something to munch on. I was awake enough to assess and determine that I was not actually hungry, so I talked myself into water with lemon and going back to bed!

I am really proud of this. I know that my chronic insomnia really affects my eating and weight. I have not generally been able to do things like this!

I read the first FAQ thread but haven't gotten through the second one yet...I have TERRIBLE dry mouth. I drink over a gallon of water a day, plus some with Mio, but it really is problematic. I can't tolerate gum, even if it is allowed. Anyone have other ideas to deal with this? I know it is at least partially a medication side effect but IP is exacerbating it a lot.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello all! I survived Day 1! Today is day two. Drinking the blueberry cran drink- its not so bad! Hopefully I won't get a headache today the coach said it might start today or tomorrow- eeek!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #9  

Smile Week 4

I started week 4 yesterday. Im feeling a little discouraged because Im doing this with my husband, and he is already down 20 lbs and Im barely down 13. And the funny thing is I have more to lose than he does. I started out at 219 on July 29th, so I guess a completed month wont be till August 29th. Sometimes I just wish he wasn't on the diet so I wasn't constantly comparing myself to him. After two weeks on the program I was only down 7 lbs at the WI and he was down 16. grrr. I just have to stay positive on my success cause Im down inches too right?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #10  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Awesome Job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I have my WI today, while I know I am down I know the number won't be as dramatic as the first 2 weeks. I love this program and never thought I would. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #12  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Good morning everyone,

I've been on this journey for a while now. And it does work!

I've been trying out recipes from this board, as well as from a few other websites. I thought it would be fun to try out different recipes and rate them? So I decided to start a blog. I'm also going to be talking about some of my favorite IP foods, and not favorite!! So I've only just started the blog with a few posts so far, but let me know what you think. If you have recipes you want me to try and review, let me know.

The link to the blog is below my signature.
Good job on your blog!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

1LittleStar, looking forward to you blog! Always on the prowl for new recipes.

Every day is a journey, every hour, every moment...filled with decisions. Is making a bad food choice really going to make you happy? Only you can decide that. Sometimes it seems that you might not have a choice (i.e. poor planning, no other options, lunch at The Big Biscuit). But I am finding that more often than not, people are not shocked when you ask for a "modified" food item.

Yes, saboteurs are out there! But stick to your plan for your eating habits. Because it is YOUR life!

End of sermon.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsbob27 View Post
I started week 4 yesterday. Im feeling a little discouraged because Im doing this with my husband, and he is already down 20 lbs and Im barely down 13. And the funny thing is I have more to lose than he does. I started out at 219 on July 29th, so I guess a completed month wont be till August 29th. Sometimes I just wish he wasn't on the diet so I wasn't constantly comparing myself to him. After two weeks on the program I was only down 7 lbs at the WI and he was down 16. grrr. I just have to stay positive on my success cause Im down inches too right?
Men just lose faster. Don't compare yourself with anyone! This is about you and your body, so own it! I always try to remember there isn't another plan out there where I would be losing as much weight, and that it's not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. I stay focused on small changes, like creative recipes, a system for remembering to take supplements, logging in my diary to see what works best for my body....knowing that these will stay with me after I reach goal!

I have a different problem, I have never weighed less than my husband! Even if I get to goal, we'll be within a few pounds...and he's 6 foot.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #15  
sugar is the devil

I was too busy yesterday to report all my good news! So here it is...

I had my first WI yesterday - down 5.6 lbs and 4.5" (I think that's how many inches she said - I was too busy focusing on the pounds). Whoo hoo - I can officially say I didn't gain any weight from the cruise I was just on (been home 11 days now).

I also went to a crab/rib shack with some friends last night. My first night out! Guess what I got... A large salad (came with only cucumber and tomatoes as toppings), no dressing but I asked for lemon wedges. My friends ordered this huge meat/seafood platter. I am NOT a seafood person but I have been trying to eat fish and try other meats to broaden my palate. Well, I decided to try snow crab off of their plate (since its steamed and all the evil sauces were on the side - felt it was a very safe meat choice there since all the steaks/chicken had rubs and marinades). Well, I LIKED it! A lot, so much that I had 3 crab legs and put it on top of my salad and sprinkled more lemon it. I thought I hated crab (it's been awhile since I've tried some). Didn't taste "seafoody" at all - friend said that's how you know its fresh/good. The cracking and digging of the legs is a lot of work for so little meat tho. I also got a plain black tea while they had sangrias/dessert.

SOOOO 100% OP for me! Thought I'd never see the day that I was actually committed to a diet. Yesterday was that day
Closed Thread