Old 11-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #1  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Another re-start!

I did IP a while back with great results, but I ended up gaining weight about two years later. So, I decided to get back on plan. Ive been doing this for a little under two weeks and it has stunk! I dont know why I cant wrap my mind around this all.

Today, it just got worse. I binged. I ate a huge slice of cake that didnt even taste that good.....and I ate two extra packets. I dont physically feel horrible, but mentally, I know that I need to start over 100% tomorrow. Ive set out my packets for the day ......I just hope i can do this.

Has anyone else binged while on IP? If so, how have you dealt with preventing it?
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/184/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP View Post
I did IP a while back with great results, but I ended up gaining weight about two years later. So, I decided to get back on plan. Ive been doing this for a little under two weeks and it has stunk! I dont know why I cant wrap my mind around this all.

Today, it just got worse. I binged. I ate a huge slice of cake that didnt even taste that good.....and I ate two extra packets. I dont physically feel horrible, but mentally, I know that I need to start over 100% tomorrow. Ive set out my packets for the day ......I just hope i can do this.

Has anyone else binged while on IP? If so, how have you dealt with preventing it?
I restarted 2 weeks ago, and didn't make it through Thanksgiving week...but restarted yesterday. The first time I did Ideal Protein a year ago I went through 3 months all the holidays without a cheat. This time can't see to get going but all you can do is pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start over...move forward. I put a picture at my beginning weight from last year on the refrigerator to remind me I don't want to gain weight.
may1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I have definitely binged while on IP! It actually didn't help me that the next day I could get back on and not feel any side effects (I guess I was "lucky" in that way but that gave me more leeway in my head than it should have). I'm restarting today after almost a year off so definitely feeling for you! Don't beat yourself up- just self correct as appropriate and keep trucking!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Guess some of us have some good company! I was going gangbusters on IP, had hit -42 pounds and then have gotten lost. Good days, bad days.

Emotions seem to direct a lot of it for me. I do not deal well with change and I have a family full of change....teenage son visited from college, other son from the military. Dealing with DH who is not cooperative in my program.

No blame to anyone because I know I need to learn how to deal with these sorts of challenges and setbacks. House is now empty although we have a two day trip to Canada scheduled. This will be a real test for me but I am determined.

Hang in there those who are restarting. The good thing is that we ARE trying and we have support - what more could we want?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #5  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all of the support!

I think I need to post a motivational picture of myself somewhere - maybe my phone!?

It's good to know i'm not alone and I really want to do this 100% for at least 2 months. Today has gone well...so maybe I should focus on each day
SWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/-/140

Height: 5'4

I think everyone has those days where they just want to binge.. or have a "bite" or a "taste" and whatnot.. The thing that helps me the most is my support system. I have great friends and my boyfriend who can talk me out of wanting to cheat. Thanksgiving with my family... stuffing was calling my name loud and clear.. my boyfriend talked me out of cheating and after dinner was over, I felt good about myself.

Support systems, ftw. ♥
OohLexi is offline   Reply With Quote