Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Default Life Participation

I have been on this weight loss journey many, many, many times. Recently I had lost 100 pounds as a result of a bet from my youngest son that I could not do it. BUT, due to life, depression, and whatever else.... I am at point I have gained 75% of the weight back. Each time I "diet" I stop participating in life per say. I have missed many bday's, dinners out with friends, etc. b/c I am on a diet. I am now middle aged with no children at home.... and really no reason not to buckle down and do this..... except I am soooo tired!!!

I am a medical coder/auditor professionally. I am very successful in my field (being the highest credentialed person in my area)..... HOWEVER, the downfall of that is I analyze EVERYTHING. I read, research, etc. and I get sooooo wrapped up in the rules and regulations of eating.... I usually end up binging.

ONE thing I do know is one day I will have grandkids (hopefully not too soon), but I don't want to not participate in their lives like I did my boys' food wise. I really want to be a fit mother, employee, friend, etc. I want to participate in life.... I want a healthy relationship with food. You know, I am 40, and I am not striving to be a supermodel..... but I would like to be fit again......
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I have been on this weight loss journey many, many, many times. Recently I had lost 100 pounds as a result of a bet from my youngest son that I could not do it. BUT, due to life, depression, and whatever else.... I am at point I have gained 75% of the weight back. Each time I "diet" I stop participating in life per say. I have missed many bday's, dinners out with friends, etc. b/c I am on a diet. I am now middle aged with no children at home.... and really no reason not to buckle down and do this..... except I am soooo tired!!!

I am a medical coder/auditor professionally. I am very successful in my field (being the highest credentialed person in my area)..... HOWEVER, the downfall of that is I analyze EVERYTHING. I read, research, etc. and I get sooooo wrapped up in the rules and regulations of eating.... I usually end up binging.

ONE thing I do know is one day I will have grandkids (hopefully not too soon), but I don't want to not participate in their lives like I did my boys' food wise. I really want to be a fit mother, employee, friend, etc. I want to participate in life.... I want a healthy relationship with food. You know, I am 40, and I am not striving to be a supermodel..... but I would like to be fit again......
I think with calorie counting though you can still participate in life. That's why I'm so happy I rediscovered calories counting ! I just watch the portions, I don't have to be perfect everyday. If I go over it just slows down the weight loss slightly but I'm still losing and not gaining.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

I also like to break down and analyze data. I have also started, stopped, and started my weight loss journey many times.

I have recently come to the conclusion that I can focus on the data, but I have to loosen up a bit. So as long as I am doing the following on a daily basis I am not going to stress out on the days that I will be eating more (work holiday party on Wed., Thanksgiving and my annv. Thursday).
I will drink 64oz of water a day.
I will walk 10,000 steps a day
I will calorie count daily - and won't stop my weight loss journey because I have gone over my targeted number.

I know that when I go over my targeted calories, my weight loss will be slowed a bit, but that is way better than stopping counting altogether and gaining weight.

Last edited by envelope; 11-25-2013 at 11:26 PM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I'm trying really hard to do create a balance. I have 2 small children and I have vowed to be a better, healthier mum for them BUT still eat a (small) slice of cake on their birthdays, share christmas dinner, bake cupcakes and cookies with them etc...

Each day I cook 2 meals with one overlapping ingredient. Last night the kids had mashed potato, I had mashed cauliflower. They had the same chicken and vegetables. When I go out with friends I will order salad with dressing on the side, save up some extra calories through the day and burn a little extra.

I struggle with depression so there are weeks where I want to just hole myself up and not participate in life at all. It's a learning process and I'm trying to make changes a little at a time.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #5  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I am also all about the numbers; that's why I like FitDayPC software. I am able to move food around on my daily plan: "Hmm, let's see. If I take away this low carb tortilla and add in a few fiber capsules, I can add in this protein pudding with a little no-salt for potassium and still stay below my carb grams for the day."

It does become a bit of an obsession but it enables me to plan my diet to get the maximum nutrition from the least amount of calories. I always get at least 100% RDA of everything but I can keep the calories/carbs really low.

I adore the FitDayPC software for this reason. Its charting feature lets you analyze the data in a bazillion different ways.

I don't work for them or anything. I just thought something like this might be right up your alley, so I thought I'd share.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote