Ideal Protein Diet - IP daily chat Tuesday 11/5/2013

View Full Version : IP daily chat Tuesday 11/5/2013

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 06:21 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support. Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

safetylady
11-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Good Morning everyone. Well, I woke up today and decided that it is back on track for me. I just have done terrible for the past few months, time to take control before I gain all of the weight back.

Decided to go back to the doctor that I saw originally and face the scale. It will not be pretty, but I can do this. I know that it is more expensive to do it this way but I need to get back in control of my eating habits.

Not sure how much weight I have put back on. Will find out hopefully today. YIKES!!!!

shrinkingsusie
11-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning all!!

Good luck with your restart Safetylady!!!

jemma51
11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Good Morning everyone. WI #3 this morning down 2.2. Happy I lost due to my wine cheat. Not much in terms of inches at all. I think 1 1/4". Seems like this is going to be a slow journey for me.

megjohnsonnj
11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Kick butt on your reboot Safetylady!

Just read a great book called The Shift by Tory Johnson. Not a diet book, but just a good read to help focus on the intangibles of a weight maintenance program -- your mind.

This week I felt like I was hanging on to the program by my finger tips. Progress had really slowed for me, and I was frustrated. But, this weigh in I experience "the whoosh" that some people on the forum have referred too and lost 6 pounds in 9 days. Just in time to keep me focused on my goal. Hooray! I am officially the lowest weight I have been in 19 years. I am just over halfway to my goal, and now I feel like I can keep on trucking. I think the key for me is I stopped looking at the scale and just focused on making good choices. I swear that fretting each day contributed to my slow down.

Thank you to everyone who contributes here. You are a real inspiration!

theEguarantee
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Agh yall i'm so close to hitting 70lb down!! Fingers crossed phase 2 takes me there!!

Good luck safetylady!!! Knowing you have a back up plan for if the weight creeps back up is what ideal protein can really help with! maintenance is scaryyy so its great to know theres something out there to help us out if we need it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

slownsteady
11-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Has been awhile, was away on vacation for 3 weeks, then experienced a 1 week IP 'bump in the road', but I am back with a vengeance! :) Feels so good to be back on the forum and to read of others' successes, challenges, and the words of support between members. :hug: Hope everyone has an amazing day!!

Delgen
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Good Morning everyone. Well, I woke up today and decided that it is back on track for me. I just have done terrible for the past few months, time to take control before I gain all of the weight back.

Decided to go back to the doctor that I saw originally and face the scale. It will not be pretty, but I can do this. I know that it is more expensive to do it this way but I need to get back in control of my eating habits.

Not sure how much weight I have put back on. Will find out hopefully today. YIKES!!!!

I have done the same thing Safety Lady! I am almost done with my 2nd week. It feels good to be back in coltrol.

AliExpat
11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was feeling some kind of way :-( I hit the 30lb mark and I was happy, but I felt a bit lost. I didn't know what to do next (odd, I know). I mean, my current clothes are falling off of me and clothes I had in my closet are fitting loosely too. I started to wonder how much more weight I should loose. I think the euphoria of loosing 30lbs changed when I realized how much I have lost vs. how much more I have to loose. I have to loose 30lbs 2 more times!!!!!!! It bummed me out for most of the day. I did speak to my coach who gave me a reality check about how far I've come and not to be afraid to go further to where I need to be. I also signed up for the 20 before Christmas Challenge. My coach seems to think that I'll loose another 30 before the end of the year, but I'm worried about slowing down (probably not likely). Sorry I'm rambling but yesterday was a funky day for me.

So as a result of my rambling I'm doing the Christmas Challenge, staying OP 100% (I have no events/trips etc coming up, no stealing pieces of Hubby's bacon), and just letting IP do what IP is designed to do.

Have a great OP day all!!!!

Delgen
11-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Kick butt on your reboot Safetylady!

Just read a great book called The Shift by Tory Johnson. Not a diet book, but just a good read to help focus on the intangibles of a weight maintenance program -- your mind.

This week I felt like I was hanging on to the program by my finger tips. Progress had really slowed for me, and I was frustrated. But, this weigh in I experience "the whoosh" that some people on the forum have referred too and lost 6 pounds in 9 days. Just in time to keep me focused on my goal. Hooray! I am officially the lowest weight I have been in 19 years. I am just over halfway to my goal, and now I feel like I can keep on trucking. I think the key for me is I stopped looking at the scale and just focused on making good choices. I swear that fretting each day contributed to my slow down.

Thank you to everyone who contributes here. You are a real inspiration!

Meg, that is really great. I too feel like I am hanging on by my fingertips...slow results. Your post inspires me.
And the lowest in 19 years. That is really a HUGE accomplishment!!!:hug:

Hiker88
11-05-2013, 09:15 AM
WI this morning and I'm down another 3 lbs! Yay!

Deana509
11-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Good morning Ipeeps!

An interesting morning, I had to run a meeting at 8 this morning, and was not willing to wake up for anything... haha, but I got up! I am getting use to waking up like a real human being (College students are like zombies... And this zombie's first class is at 12:30 on T-Th, so I sleep in on these days)...

Aunt Flo decided to drop in for a visit, and the crankiness is still there, but I have not had any cramping, which is the oddest thing to me!

Good luck to everyone this week! :dust:

Delgen
11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Good Morning Lovelies,

Yesterday I was feeling some kind of way :-( I hit the 30lb mark and I was happy, but I felt a bit lost. I didn't know what to do next (odd, I know). I mean, my current clothes are falling off of me and clothes I had in my closet are fitting loosely too. I started to wonder how much more weight I should loose. I think the euphoria of loosing 30lbs changed when I realized how much I have lost vs. how much more I have to loose. I have to loose 30lbs 2 more times!!!!!!! It bummed me out for most of the day. I did speak to my coach who gave me a reality check about how far I've come and not to be afraid to go further to where I need to be. I also signed up for the 20 before Christmas Challenge. My coach seems to think that I'll loose another 30 before the end of the year, but I'm worried about slowing down (probably not likely). Sorry I'm rambling but yesterday was a funky day for me.

So as a result of my rambling I'm doing the Christmas Challenge, staying OP 100% (I have no events/trips etc coming up, no stealing pieces of Hubby's bacon), and just letting IP do what IP is designed to do.

Have a great OP day all!!!!

AliEx I like the small goals route. Too many "30 pound" segments is too overwhelming. Take it as it comes, and stay on program. I would go out an buy some new things that fit you well. There are some good options...You might have a really nice 2nd hand clothing store in your area where you can buy nice things for less $. Or you could look into the clothing exchanges here on this forum. Once those clothes get too big you might be able to exchange some so you have newer things to wear that fit you....and help someone else.
Or it would be cool to have a clothing exchange at your clinic.

I think it's time to treat yourself and give yourself a boost. You are doing so great, and heading toward a much better life of health and well being.

So hang in there GF!!!:hug::hug::hug:

staceyjblack
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a great morning so far :). Sitting here drinking my vanilla shake with coffee and ready to take on the day. Later today I've got to go get some blood drawn. Not excited about that and hoping it wont take too long!

I had my weigh in this morning and I am down another 1.1 pounds! Officially halfway to my goal and added another group hug to the signature line :).

DH and I will actually be using the rest of the week to phase off as we have a trip to New Orleans planned. A friend is getting married on Saturday and we decided to stay until Wednesday for a vacation! We will be staying at Le Pavillion Hotel (got a great deal on groupon!).We're looking for recommendations of things to do and places to eat so if you've been or are from the area please share ideas!

I'm going to need some help next Thursday morning to get myself back on track. I guess I'm looking for a buddy. Could someone send me a PM on Thursday morning as a little kick in the tush?

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Good Morning everyone :)

We have the "calm before the storm" feeling outside. We are under a winter storm watch , so we could get between 4-6" of snow tonight!! It will not last to long, the ground is way to warm still! But it's snow . I am off the grocery store in a bit, we are out of all fresh and frozen veggies, so time to reload :)

I hope everyone has a good day and good luck with staying on track (preaching to me first then wishing well to everyone)

Deana509
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning all! I hope everyone is having a great morning so far :). Sitting here drinking my vanilla shake with coffee and ready to take on the day. Later today I've got to go get some blood drawn. Not excited about that and hoping it wont take too long!

I had my weigh in this morning and I am down another 1.1 pounds! Officially halfway to my goal and added another group hug to the signature line :).

DH and I will actually be using the rest of the week to phase off as we have a trip to New Orleans planned. A friend is getting married on Saturday and we decided to stay until Wednesday for a vacation! We will be staying at Le Pavillion Hotel (got a great deal on groupon!).We're looking for recommendations of things to do and places to eat so if you've been or are from the area please share ideas!

I'm going to need some help next Thursday morning to get myself back on track. I guess I'm looking for a buddy. Could someone send me a PM on Thursday morning as a little kick in the tush?

I've been to NOLA, and they have some great food down there! Not much that isn't all carbs though (Poe boy sandwiches are delicious!) But try some of the hole in the wall restaurants, I got am amazing meal at a random place we found when we took the wrong street in town. Best of luck, and have fun!

ems70508
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM

How fun! Le Pavillion is one of the most haunted hotels in NOLA, from what I hear! I stay there every once in a while and have yet to witness anything! If you want to stroll along a nice shopping area, Magazine street is always fun. There are lots of art galleries and antique stores. It's not really walking distance from the hotel though. If you want walking distance, I love walking Royal street!

The Audubon Aquarium Of Americas, at the end of Canal (at the river) is always fun! Then you can walk over to Jackson square!

Sadly, I do not have any recs on restaurants. I have not been to NOLA since starting IP and couldn't tell you where they have IP friendly food! That's a question for Nolasmurf!

I'm pretty sure I'm just scratching the surface on what you could really get into down here but this is a good start for a weekend!

nolasmurf
11-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Stacey; I am from New Orleans. Do as much as you can. Walk the Quarter, go to the French Market. Eat a (1) beignet, get a love potion from the Voodoo shop. ;) most places aren't IP friendly but just use your best judgement. My only recommendation is DON'T drink the Hurricanes Hand Grenades or Daiquiri's they are all sugar and will give you a very bad tummy ache. If you drink stick with something you know. The hotel you are staying at is wonderful and has a great brunch on Sats and sun!
Enjoy your visit!

yespositively
11-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning all! Everyone is up and chatty this morning!

Today marks day 1 of IP for me. Had my "last supper" last night (tacos) and am currently sipping my first IP shake. Anyone else find it impossible to have breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up? This is something I'll work on, but factoring in my commute, I'm going to have to start waking up earlier.

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 09:48 AM

Today marks day 1 of IP for me. Had my "last supper" last night (tacos) and am currently sipping my first IP shake. Anyone else find it impossible to have breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up? This is something I'll work on, but factoring in my commute, I'm going to have to start waking up earlier.

Congrats and best of luck to you!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

We all have our struggles and devils we deal with and this forum is the place to get help with those :)

theEguarantee
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=staceyjblack;4877283]

QUOTE]

Hey Stacey! I'm from Baton Rouge & visit NOLA often. I personally LOVE Café Maspero! They have a French onion soup to die for, and they're chef salads are enormous and full of deli meat! But also covered in 1/2lb of cheese lol I went while OP and got both of those things, tried the balsamic vinagarette dressing, and I actually lost that weekend!! Have a blast, it's my favorite place ever!!

yespositively
11-05-2013, 10:00 AM
sarahBell Thanks! I am going to do an experiment tonight and make a breakfast item the night before and keep it in the fridge. That way I can sip it while I do my make up / hair in the morning. My coach was not too pleased to hear I am a 9am breakfast eater (when I wake up at 6:30).

ems70508
11-05-2013, 10:07 AM
I never knew that we were supposed to eat within an hour of waking....whoops! Also, my cousin and I heard different things from our coaches (in the same town) and I thought I'd bring it up here. I do not eat my 2nd and 3rd packets with my meals. I use them as snacks. For example, I have a big salad for lunch around noon and unrestricted chips around 3:30. Then dinner around 6:30 and my snack around 8 PM. Her coach told her she was to eat her packets with her meals.

Thoughts?

yespositively
11-05-2013, 10:19 AM
ems70508 I'm obviously a total newbie, but my coach told me that we need to eat within 30-45 minutes of waking up, then every 3-4 hours thereafter. I had the breakfast packet as my meal and am planning to have my next packet as lunch, along with some veggies. I'll probably use the third packet some time after dinner like you mentioned since that's when I get snacky (coach said this should be before 8).

I personally can't see the harm in spreading out your packets by having your "lunch" packet a little later in the afternoon, but I'll be interested in hearing what others say.

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I never knew that we were supposed to eat within an hour of waking....whoops! Also, my cousin and I heard different things from our coaches (in the same town) and I thought I'd bring it up here. I do not eat my 2nd and 3rd packets with my meals. I use them as snacks. For example, I have a big salad for lunch around noon and unrestricted chips around 3:30. Then dinner around 6:30 and my snack around 8 PM. Her coach told her she was to eat her packets with her meals.

Thoughts?

I eat my breakfast packet first thing in the morning (after getting dressed, making lunches, coffee, etc). Second packet is with lunch (usually a soup packet). My third packet is my afternoon snack around 3 pm. Then dinner around 6 - 7 pm. I don't do the evening snack as I'm never hungry then. Even when I wasn't on IP, I didn't do "dessert". This seems to be working for me and my coach hasn't told me to do otherwise. I guess everyone is a little different. My thought is do what works for you. As long as it is working and you are getting your required packets in, keep doing what you're doing.

yespositively
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
I eat my breakfast packet first thing in the morning (after getting dressed, making lunches, coffee, etc). Second packet is with lunch (usually a soup packet). My third packet is my afternoon snack around 3 pm. Then dinner around 6 - 7 pm. I don't do the evening snack as I'm never hungry then. Even when I wasn't on IP, I didn't do "dessert". This seems to be working for me and my coach hasn't told me to do otherwise. I guess everyone is a little different. My thought is do what works for you. As long as it is working and you are getting your required packets in, keep doing what you're doing.

When do you eat your veggies? I was kind of thinking of using the veggies as my snacks between meals as i have no idea how I will possibly eat four cups of vegetables otherwise.

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
When do you eat your veggies? I was kind of thinking of using the veggies as my snacks between meals as i have no idea how I will possibly eat four cups of vegetables otherwise.

I eat my veggies with lunch and dinner (2 cups each meal). Usually a large lettuce salad with oil and cider vinegar plus whatever additional veggies I have on hand. Sometimes I add peppers, cucumber, celery, etc to the salad. Other times I add it to my soup or make a side dish to go with my protein at dinner. I am really into stir fried kale with some salt and red pepper flakes. Goes well with most meats. Tonite will be chicken with some mushrooms and bok choy (asian stir fry).

ems70508
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
I eat my veggies with lunch and dinner (2 cups each meal). Usually a large lettuce salad with oil and cider vinegar plus whatever additional veggies I have on hand. Sometimes I add peppers, cucumber, celery, etc to the salad. Other times I add it to my soup or make a side dish to go with my protein at dinner. I am really into stir fried kale with some salt and red pepper flakes. Goes well with most meats. Tonite will be chicken with some mushrooms and bok choy (asian stir fry).

I eat 2 cups of veggies on my salad at lunch and then usually cook them at dinner. I don't use them as a snack. If I am ever starving, I'll have a pickle in the afternoon then cut back a little bit at dinner.

Guess you're right...if it's working...keep doing it. I guess I was just wondering if I ate the packets at the meal, if it would help the weight come off more quickly. Not that it isn't coming off quick enough but I kind of want to blink and it all be gone..ya know?!?

iwannabe140
11-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Is there a way to tell when I started on this website? I thought I started it on my first IP day which was Oct. 15. I still am not able to get a ticker..

sarita75
11-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you all are doing well. Life continues here in SF and I am enjoying being home, free from studying, the winter darkness and so on. I have taken to cycling to work at least 1x a week, and have incorporated doing some leg/arms/butt/core exercises in the morning (just 10 minutes almost every day). While my scale doesn't show movement, I am seeing differences and I am happy. I am officially a size 6 which I would have never believed in a million years and had to make an official trek to Goodwill where I scored a ton of work clothes from Banana Republic, J Crew, Gap, etc. So, pretty excited about that. The closet looks remarkably empty and the trunk of my car is loaded down with donations that I need to take in. Good times.

Tomorrow is my WI and, after last weeks lack of loss, it would be nice to see some movement downward this week. Fingers crossed.

claustin
11-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Is there a way to tell when I started on this website? I thought I started it on my first IP day which was Oct. 15. I still am not able to get a ticker..

Your profile says you joined Oct 21 and have 34 posts. You should see a "Edit Signature" tab under user CP soon. Mine didn't show up right at 20 days 20 post but sometime during that week. Keep watching for it :)

65X65
11-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you all are doing well. Life continues here in SF and I am enjoying being home, free from studying, the winter darkness and so on. I have taken to cycling to work at least 1x a week, and have incorporated doing some leg/arms/butt/core exercises in the morning (just 10 minutes almost every day). While my scale doesn't show movement, I am seeing differences and I am happy. I am officially a size 6 which I would have never believed in a million years and had to make an official trek to Goodwill where I scored a ton of work clothes from Banana Republic, J Crew, Gap, etc. So, pretty excited about that. The closet looks remarkably empty and the trunk of my car is loaded down with donations that I need to take in. Good times.

Tomorrow is my WI and, after last weeks lack of loss, it would be nice to see some movement downward this week. Fingers crossed.

YEAY for you Sarita! Such fun stuff...being unencumbered from the study routine you've been caught up in. Enjoy the toning up and adding exercise to your day. You may see slower scale losses but the inches and clothing size really tells the story of where you are! Those NSV are ever sweet ...when the result means you get some new things to wear!

Actually I found both a Kaspar and a Tahari suit at 2 of the nicer resale boutiques in our area last week for under $50 each!! One was navy and the other black. One had slacks and the other a skirt...(and for as often as I need a suit these days ...less than $100 was a bonus!) And yes... still marveling, my size has dropped so much.

You...must enjoy that feeling!! It was hard earned!!

iwannabe140
11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Your profile says you joined Oct 21 and have 34 posts. You should see a "Edit Signature" tab under user CP soon. Mine didn't show up right at 20 days 20 post but sometime during that week. Keep watching for it :)

Thanks! I'm so impatient! :dizzy:

jemma51
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM

I see on my user cp" edit signature" but when I click on it it says contact admin.

claustin
11-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I see on my user cp" edit signature" but when I click on it it says contact admin.

When you have access to add the ticker, the information on that screen will change. It will say

"Add a ticker to your signature by clicking here" or something along those lines

yespositively
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Crunch crunch crunch that's me with my red peppers. I am unusually sleepy today! Not sure if it's IP or just the gloomy weather.

sarita75
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
YEAY for you Sarita! Such fun stuff...being unencumbered from the study routine you've been caught up in. Enjoy the toning up and adding exercise to your day. You may see slower scale losses but the inches and clothing size really tells the story of where you are! Those NSV are ever sweet ...when the result means you get some new things to wear!

Actually I found both a Kaspar and a Tahari suit at 2 of the nicer resale boutiques in our area last week for under $50 each!! One was navy and the other black. One had slacks and the other a skirt...(and for as often as I need a suit these days ...less than $100 was a bonus!) And yes... still marveling, my size has dropped so much.

You...must enjoy that feeling!! It was hard earned!!

That's awesome 65x65! I need to get out to some of the consignment shops, etc. I definitely need a winter coat!!

Skini mini
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey SarahBell! You're from my part of the country! I'm not looking forward to the snow tonight! Ugggh! After spending a month at my FL home I come back to SNOW! Fortunately we go back mid Dec. I also went on the grocery run to CUB this AM. Stay safe in this winters mess!
On another note, I am on day 5 of IP and the killer headache has kicked in! I've tried coffee, salt and finally broke down and took some ibuprofen. Hopefully that helps.

kelseys928
11-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Got on my scale this morning...a day before my official weigh in and was down another 3 lbs bringing me into the 170s ! :) whohoo. hopefully I don't jinx myself by changing my profile weight before official weigh in!

yespositively
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Got on my scale this morning...a day before my official weigh in and was down another 3 lbs bringing me into the 170s ! :) whohoo. hopefully I don't jinx myself by changing my profile weight before official weigh in!

That's great! How long have you been on the program? I miss the 170s... haven't seen them in years. Soon, though!

kelseys928
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM
That's great! How long have you been on the program? I miss the 170s... haven't seen them in years. Soon, though!

You're so close! I have been on the program 5 weeks as of tomorrow. How about you? We have almost identical stats. Would love to be 140 as you have for your goal but I don't even know if I have ever weighed that! Perhaps when I get to 160 Ill reevaluate

65X65
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Thoughts?

Coaches' rules again....
Like many, I have NEVER been able to eat first thing in the AM... plus added exercise to my day after the first few months. Because of that, I eat after I get back from that early AM routine. Awake by 5-5:30...at the gym before 7 and do breakfast at 9-9:30 when reading the paper or doing email after a shower. The day is elongated for most of us whether we are retired, stay at home moms or working persons. I eat lunch around 1 PM.

If I ate breakfast at 5:30..I'd have a heck of a long morning..or be eating lunch by 10 and dinner by 2PM!! Just not realistic. It is more important to balance your day. Some move snack to later afternoon if they have a late dinner. I did keep that piece close to the recommendation of after dinner though most of the time because the rationale is to give your body protein then sleep and repair from the day. Afternoon snack works for some much better though. It is most important that you somehow fit it all in. Including the water and the veggies! I found a heated choc shake or a fruit drink for bedtime snack worked best an hour before I was ready to go to sleep.

yespositively
11-05-2013, 12:43 PM
You're so close! I have been on the program 5 weeks as of tomorrow. How about you? We have almost identical stats. Would love to be 140 as you have for your goal but I don't even know if I have ever weighed that! Perhaps when I get to 160 Ill reevaluate

Today is Day 1 of IP. I weighed around 215-210 last September and lost the first 30lbs via running + dieting, but the scale has been stuck since June. My mom had success on this diet and I'm hoping I have a similar story in a few months.

140 is probably an optimistic goal for me. When I graduated high school (I'm 26 now) I weighed about 150 but I wasn't in very good shape (I think high body fat) so the weight looked a little different on. Still, much healthier than I am now. I would be happy weighing 150 and being nicely toned. So time will tell. I've joined the 20lbs by Christmas challenge so hopefully I'll have a better gauge on my goals in December.

My weigh in is next Wednesday and if things go well I will hopefully see the 170s next week. :) Then we can race to the 160s! :kickbutt:

kelseys928
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Today is Day 1 of IP. I weighed around 215-210 last September and lost the first 30lbs via running + dieting, but the scale has been stuck since June. My mom had success on this diet and I'm hoping I have a similar story in a few months.

140 is probably an optimistic goal for me. When I graduated high school (I'm 26 now) I weighed about 150 but I wasn't in very good shape (I think high body fat) so the weight looked a little different on. Still, much healthier than I am now. I would be happy weighing 150 and being nicely toned. So time will tell. I've joined the 20lbs by Christmas challenge so hopefully I'll have a better gauge on my goals in December.

My weigh in is next Wednesday and if things go well I will hopefully see the 170s next week. :) Then we can race to the 160s! :kickbutt:

Good luck! Let me know how you do! see you in the 160s!

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Just back from weigh in. Down 1.8 pounds. I'm a bit disappointed, but will keep trucking on. Doctor has me on only 2 restricted foods this week (oatmeal) as he is hoping that will kick me back into ketosis. It's odd...I've been 100% OP and still this happens. Oh well...there's no going back now.

Hockeymom40
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm right there with you. Have an appointment tonight to restart. In the last 6 months I have moved across the country and had several vacations and the pounds are piling on. None of my winter cloths fit, so I have to lose these extra pounds. I'm probably up 18 lbs which I plan to lose by Christmas. I update my stats tonight.

GettinHealthyNow
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
While my scale doesn't show movement, I am seeing differences and I am happy. I am officially a size 6 which I would have never believed in a million years and had to make an official trek to Goodwill where I scored a ton of work clothes from Banana Republic, J Crew, Gap, etc. So, pretty excited about that. The closet looks remarkably empty and the trunk of my car is loaded down with donations that I need to take in. Good times.

That is fantastic! I can't wait to have that empty closet. Way to go :dizzy:

AliExpat
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
AliEx I like the small goals route. Too many "30 pound" segments is too overwhelming. Take it as it comes, and stay on program. I would go out an buy some new things that fit you well. There are some good options...You might have a really nice 2nd hand clothing store in your area where you can buy nice things for less $. Or you could look into the clothing exchanges here on this forum. Once those clothes get too big you might be able to exchange some so you have newer things to wear that fit you....and help someone else.
Or it would be cool to have a clothing exchange at your clinic.

I think it's time to treat yourself and give yourself a boost. You are doing so great, and heading toward a much better life of health and well being.

So hang in there GF!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Cindy! I appreciate the pep talk. Good advice to have manageable goals (I've told that to someone else, but I forgot to apply the same to myself, lol). :hug:

Skini mini
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM
HockeyMom40,
I recently restarted on IP.i was successful with it in 2012 but put the weight back on. Our starting weight and height are almost identical! Goal weight is the same too! I also have a very limited amount of clothes that currently fit. When I lost weight I gave away all of my "too big" clothes. I have a closet full of cute small sizes just waiting for me. I refuse to buy new clothes in my current size! So let's do this!
P.S. My height says 5'2" but I've shrunk and am only 5'1 1/4. I like to round up!

claustin
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Jerky Question -

Is homemade Goose breast jerky ok on IP?? My husband just got back from a hunt and is currently making some. It smells wonderful. Here is a list of ingredients that he has marinated the goose breast in:

Cure: Salt, sugar, sodium nitrite, carmel color
Hickory Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, hickory powder with maltodextrin, dehydrated soy sauce, and spice extractives

Then he is smoking it with Apple chips.

Does anyone know if this is ok? and if it is how do I count it?

Hockeymom40
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Skini mini, thanks for helping to make me accountable. I round up too, I'm barely 5'. I also got rid of all my fat clothes and refuse to by bigger.

HockeyMom40,
I recently restarted on IP.i was successful with it in 2012 but put the weight back on. Our starting weight and height are almost identical! Goal weight is the same too! I also have a very limited amount of clothes that currently fit. When I lost weight I gave away all of my "too big" clothes. I have a closet full of cute small sizes just waiting for me. I refuse to buy new clothes in my current size! So let's do this!
P.S. My height says 5'2" but I've shrunk and am only 5'1 1/4. I like to round up!

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey SarahBell! You're from my part of the country! I'm not looking forward to the snow tonight! Ugggh! After spending a month at my FL home I come back to SNOW! Fortunately we go back mid Dec. I also went on the grocery run to CUB this AM. Stay safe in this winters mess!
On another note, I am on day 5 of IP and the killer headache has kicked in! I've tried coffee, salt and finally broke down and took some ibuprofen. Hopefully that helps.

Well this snow will "christen" everyones winter driving skills (for those who have them) I hope that the loonies get out and get the "I can't remember how to counter steer on an icy patch" out of their system. I am staying off the roads until late afternoon, for my own sanity and safety. We live in a college town and there are a bunch of cars around here that have warm weather -never -seen a snowflake-let alone drive in it plates!!!! No offense to my warm state IPers.

BUT it will be gone by Thursday. As for the headaches try eating some sea salt followed by water OR put some into your water (just a smidge will do) but if not try a up of tea OR migraine meds (tht is what I do)

Stay safe!

Hunnybunny24
11-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Just started IP today and will be doing the program on my own. Have a few questions for you all though:

1) I take a multi-vitamin every day so do I really need to take all those other supplements as well?

2) Do any of you also work out while on this program? I've seen some conflicitng answers about this.

3) How often do you weight in? Once a week or more?

Thanks and happy to be on a program to lose the weight and get back in shape.

Ann

Skini mini
11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Hockeymom40, The trouble with being short is that every ounce shows! (Thanks Mom and Dad for the short genes!) I can't believe that I let my weight get this out of control. I remember years ago thinking that 130 (my goal weight) was so high. But then I only weighed 110! Those days are loooooong gone! :)
I need to lose for health reasons and knee pain along with the desire to wear cute clothes again. Shorties Unite!

SarahBell, Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow so I'll just stay inside and hide under a warm down blanket!
I did try the sea salt and a couple of ibuprofen and that did the trick. I had forgotten that I had some Excedrine migraine on hand otherwise I would have used that. It always works like a charm.

glfnldy
11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and about 7 weeks into IP. I'm down about 16 pounds. Have been reading various threads and finally registered for the site to participate in the encouragement! Keep up the good work.

claustin
11-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Just started IP today and will be doing the program on my own. Have a few questions for you all though:

1) I take a multi-vitamin every day so do I really need to take all those other supplements as well?

2) Do any of you also work out while on this program? I've seen some conflicitng answers about this.

Ann

Hi HunnyBunny! And welcome.

The Cal-Mag and Potassium wouldn't hurt to take but make sure your Mutli-vitamin has the same %/amount that the IP one does and take which ever one has the higher amount (IMO) Regarding working out, this I am on the fence about. Whenever I work out while on IP my weight loss for the week drops (a lot) I don't know if its because of the "muscle weight" or because of the extra packet your suppose to have if you work out. We are told not to because our bodies are on way to little calories (800-900) daily and exercising will burn more calories which in turn can make us go into "starvation" mode. Hence the no weight loss. Again IMO. I decided to wait till I was close to goal then start toning. Weighing every morning can be hard on some people. Especially if they see it go up one day. I like to weigh in when ever I feel like it lol. I only take my Monday weigh ins as my actual weight for the week though (Only adjust my ticker/info on Mondays)

Hope my opinion (and coaches advice) on your questions help. There is a lot of useful information on these forums. As well, don't forget everyone is effected differently so sometimes you wont know how your body will react till you try it :) Good Luck!!

65X65
11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Ann
Hi HunnyBunny! And welcome.

The Cal-Mag and Potassium wouldn't hurt to take but make sure your Mutli-vitamin has the same %/amount that the IP one does and take which ever one has the higher amount (IMO) Regarding working out, this I am on the fence about. Whenever I work out while on IP my weight loss for the week drops (a lot) I don't know if its because of the "muscle weight" or because of the extra packet your suppose to have if you work out. We are told not to because our bodies are on way to little calories (800-900) daily and exercising will burn more calories which in turn can make us go into "starvation" mode. Hence the no weight loss. Again IMO. I decided to wait till I was close to goal then start toning. Weighing every morning can be hard on some people. Especially if they see it go up one day. I like to weigh in when ever I feel like it lol. I only take my Monday weigh ins as my actual weight for the week though (Only adjust my ticker/info on Mondays)

Hope my opinion (and coaches advice) on your questions help. There is a lot of useful information on these forums. As well, don't forget everyone is effected differently so sometimes you wont know how your body will react till you try it :) Good Luck!!

Hi and welcome-

Just wanted to say there is really not controversy on exercise, as the recommendation is actually to wait until your body adjusts to the diet, then begin to add light to moderate resistance training and weight training. Cardio is not the favored form of exercise actually.... and the timeframe to add is as early as the 6 week mark...and surely by the 10-12 week of the diet.

Then the key is to exercise on a ketogenic diet at what is a moderate heart rate for YOUR body. Waiting too long to start does not get you into the habit, critical, if you hope to maintain. This must be established. It is easier to do it while you have the diet part being easily managed by the plan. Once you are into maintenance there are a lot of choices you will suddenly need to step up and make all by yourself. Exercise ..what when and how much can be overwhelming to someone who has not ever done it regularly. It is best to begin incorporating it earlier rather than later and the literature supports this as well as most properly trained coaches. Most of us hated or avoided exercise which is absolutely an element of remaining overweight. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you need to begin to develop that lean body mass in order to be healthy. Exercising as you lose will allow your skin to tone as you are losing. After a certain point...you will be stuck with the saggy skin. Unless you are looking to lose only a few pounds...read some of the threads where after losing most of the weight some folks are appalled and upset over the flabby tummy, arms and legs. It's a whole other battle.....

Good luck however you decide to handle this piece...it is something that can only be ignored or "excused" for so long....it takes months to get something to be a daily habit. You are going to have a lot to take control of soon and this is a biggie for long term success.

ReenHag
11-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Ann

You are not eating dairy, so definitely take your calcium. Healthy fats (the omegas) are always good, too.

I only weigh in once a week. Daily weigh ins would stress me out!

I have recently started doing some toning exercises to get in the habit and tone those muscles that are now showing themselves. Half hour workout a few times per week.

ellenaj90
11-05-2013, 06:39 PM
hello IP'ers!:hat:
Today is only day 5 for me, and Im starting to get a little down and wonder if i should keep going...I think im just a very impatient person and I need help with that! I feel like the days are sloooowly passing by. (only been five days OP and it feels like a month to me)
any suggestions??
Hopefully everyone else is doing better than this!
:shrug::shrug::shrug::crossed:

kkids
11-05-2013, 07:27 PM

How exciting for you - day 1! Not sure why you have to eat within 30 minutes of waking...I can't do that b/c of one of my medications - no food for at least 45 - 1 hour after taking it.
Not sure I'd want to wake up earlier...I love that extra snooze in the morning :)

kkids
11-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I've been thinking about phasing off IP. I made my original goal, but wanted to try to get an additional 5 - 10 pounds off...they aren't budging! I've been at my initial goal for 2 weeks & no pounds have melted off since that date. I am still following the plan...crazy! I'm very pleased with where I am & while the extra 5 - 10 would be nice, I don't think I need to stress about it; especially since I weigh less than I did when my thyroid went whacko.

Slipfree
11-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Today is only day 5 for me, and Im starting to get a little down and wonder if i should keep going...I think im just a very impatient person and I need help with that! I feel like the days are sloooowly passing by. (only been five days OP and it feels like a month to me)
any suggestions??

Ellena- the first two weeks of IP were a struggle for me. I felt terrible. I had a constant headache -but by day 14, I felt great. In a little over a month, I have lost 22 pounds. It is worth the beginning struggle- just try to hang in there. Drink tons of water, herbal tea, and eat some dill pickles if you are starving.

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Well this snow will "christen" everyones winter driving skills (for those who have them) I hope that the loonies get out and get the "I can't remember how to counter steer on an icy patch" out of their system. I am staying off the roads until late afternoon, for my own sanity and safety. We live in a college town and there are a bunch of cars around here that have warm weather -never -seen a snowflake-let alone drive in it plates!!!! No offense to my warm state IPers.

BUT it will be gone by Thursday. As for the headaches try eating some sea salt followed by water OR put some into your water (just a smidge will do) but if not try a up of tea OR migraine meds (tht is what I do)

Stay safe!
Sarahbell...where in MN are you? My son is at U of M - Twin Cities. He keeps me up to date on the snow since we really don't get it here in Washington....not that I miss it.

sarahBell
11-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Sarahbell...where in MN are you? My son is at U of M - Twin Cities. He keeps me up to date on the snow since we really don't get it here in Washington....not that I miss it.

Mankato to be exact. it is starting to snow, they think we are going to get abt 2-4 now. BUT snow is snow and I love it!

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Okay...is that near the Twin Cities? Glad you enjoy the snow. I lived in Chicago for years and hated the snow. Was glad to move to Southern California for a few years just to be done with it. Here...it's hit or miss. Last year it missed us...hoping it does again this year!

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm obviously a total newbie, but my coach told me that we need to eat within 30-45 minutes of waking up, then every 3-4 hours thereafter. I had the breakfast packet as my meal and am planning to have my next packet as lunch, along with some veggies. I'll probably use the third packet some time after dinner like you mentioned since that's when I get snacky (coach said this should be before 8).

The eating within 30 minutes is a "coaches' rule". Many clinics have "house rules" about certain things.

Some people DO need to make sure veggies are consumed WITH a packet to reduce insulin surges. Others are less insulin resistent and can have their veggies between packets. This is a very individual thing.

I also saw you are worried about getting in all your veggies. Spinach works well in morning smoothies, 2 c veggies purees well into a lunch soup. Before long you'll be wishing you could have MORE veggies!

KareVT
11-05-2013, 09:23 PM
any suggestions??

ellenaj90 - Please try to commit at least two weeks to the program before deciding to give up. Two weeks is nothing, you can do it, just decide to dedicate yourself during this time and you will reap from the rewards.. Just you watch and see. Two weeks, c'mon! I betcha after 2 weeks you'll be hooked and glad you stayed OP :sunny:

lisa32989
11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Boots!

I got 2 pair of "regular" boots (no wide calves)

I LOVE IP

So sad when people tell me they "can't" do it. I know it is really that they WON'T/refuse to.

emsmom97
11-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Boots!

I got 2 pair of "regular" boots (no wide calves)

I LOVE IP

So sad when people tell me they "can't" do it. I know it is really that they WON'T/refuse to.

Congrats! Waiting for the day when I can do the same!!!

Slipfree
11-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Yay Lisa! Funny, I have them measure my calf every two weeks, while visions of "Regular" boots dance in my head. So happy for you.

smileyt03
11-05-2013, 10:00 PM
tried 2 shots of espresso with premade vanilla drink. I am in heaven with this treat!

yespositively
11-05-2013, 10:13 PM
How exciting for you - day 1! Not sure why you have to eat within 30 minutes of waking...I can't do that b/c of one of my medications - no food for at least 45 - 1 hour after taking it.
Not sure I'd want to wake up earlier...I love that extra snooze in the morning :)

I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't eat right away. I do have my coffee at home before I commute to work so I am starting to take in calories first thing. I'm going to get used to the routine of the diet (lots of prep work) before I try to rearrange my schedule. Glad to have this forum as a resource in addition to my coach.

yespositively
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
The eating within 30 minutes is a "coaches' rule". Many clinics have "house rules" about certain things.

Some people DO need to make sure veggies are consumed WITH a packet to reduce insulin surges. Others are less insulin resistent and can have their veggies between packets. This is a very individual thing.

I also saw you are worried about getting in all your veggies. Spinach works well in morning smoothies, 2 c veggies purees well into a lunch soup. Before long you'll be wishing you could have MORE veggies!

Good to know about the eating. I'm going to stick with what works for now.

I flunked vegetables today-- otherwise was OP. Got in one cup and some romaine with dinner. Since I am at work all day it's hard to imagine pureeing vegetables into a soup but I'll try to do more prep work over the weekend to help make my week easier. Starting this on a Tuesday is very difficult-- going to have to struggle through the week.

Also, 8oz of protein is crazy! I managed to eat six for dinner and had to call it a day. Tomorrow's another day, and hopefully this is easier.

ellenaj90
11-05-2013, 10:37 PM
ellenaj90 - Please try to commit at least two weeks to the program before deciding to give up. Two weeks is nothing, you can do it, just decide to dedicate yourself during this time and you will reap from the rewards.. Just you watch and see. Two weeks, c'mon! I betcha after 2 weeks you'll be hooked and glad you stayed OP :sunny:

ok i deff will!:carrot:

ellenaj90
11-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Ellena- the first two weeks of IP were a struggle for me. I felt terrible. I had a constant headache -but by day 14, I felt great. In a little over a month, I have lost 22 pounds. It is worth the beginning struggle- just try to hang in there. Drink tons of water, herbal tea, and eat some dill pickles if you are starving.

okay, thanks for the ideas! I deff will keep going!:carrot:

Wahoofan
11-05-2013, 10:47 PM
You will be surprised at how easy it can become to get veggies in during a work day.

I have made cream of broccoli and cream of cauliflower soup for years, so now those are my go to lunches. I steam the veggies on the weekend and store in two cup servings. Each weeknight as I'm making dinner I mix up a chicken soup packet in my magic bullet, add broccoli or cauliflower, blend until smooth, then put on the storage lid and stick it in the fridge. In the morning I throw it in my purse and head to work.

I take in RTD shakes and snack packets on the rare occasion I drive, so a supply of them are always available to me and all I need to think about in the morning is lunch. If there is a meeting, I eat the salad and have a chicken noodle soup when I get back to my desk.