Default Wacky Wednesday

Morning Ladies!
this is short and sweet b/c I have to Run like a mad fiend
Revving up the thread I will bbl after PT and the gym
come on out and KICK SOME OP ARSE!
Love
Kierie
Old 07-02-2003, 10:11 AM   #2  

well i could be doing better but i also could be doing worse so i am not giving up...i can only go up from here right??? i am thinking if i stay on points all week then taking saturday off from counting points as a reward but not go overboard. anyone else do that? well i weigh in tonight...wish me luck!
Old 07-02-2003, 11:52 AM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies

I weighed in this morning, since I'm not going to be by my scale on Friday, my normal day, and I don't want to do it Monday - so close after the weekend! I was down 1 from last week - still didn't make my July 4th goal - but close! Today's my last day of work this week, so I am totally going to enjoy myself all weekend long...

Hi Kier!

Amber - my eating tends to run in a cycle too - I'll try to eat less calories Monday - Thursday because I know that on weekends I have less control and will eat more. It does slow down the weight loss from perfectly staying within your plan all weekend long. A lot of the time I will end up journaling what I've eaten even though I'm not eating perfectly though, it tends to keep you in line as far as figuring out why you have/have not lost as much as you'd hoped the next time you weigh in.

I need to get to work!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:01 PM   #4  
Proud Canadian

This will be quick before my coffee break. Just found out we got the Olympics for winter 2010. I hope I will be done my degree and out of here by then. It will be a busy town.
KT
Old 07-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals! I'm back from my mini-holiday. It was fab! We had so much fun & I had sucha good visit with my cousin. DH & I still have our colds though I bombed on eating! Its hard when you're eating out every meal. Anyway I skipped my WI Monday b/c I'm a big chicken. I'll be good all week & then go back on Monday & then hhopefully the damage won't be too bad!

I did pretty good with my Canada Day goals except my favorite pants still don't fit but they're coming. Do you guys want to do a labour Day challenge next?

Dh & I both worked yesterday so we didn't do any Canada Day celebrating. We did go to the new Charlie's Angels. It was enjoyable.

Nice to see some new faces again! Welcome!

Kier did you hear about that job yet?

Angie, congrats on being down 1 this week! Keep it up!

Amber I know I just met you but I think its dangerous territory to let your self have a free day every week. The program works with the banked points if you try hard. You need to keep yourself on track b/c one free day often turns into several & then you're right back where you started.

KT Did you watch AR last week? I was sad to see Steve & Dave go. They were cool. How did things turn out with your friend & the 8 year old? Did they get it all sorted out?

BTW I just heard the they awarded Vancouver/Whistler the 2010 Olympics! Yay! That's exciting! Go Canada!

A big hey to everyone else! I hope you all have a super OP day!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Rina as for the Job it could have been mine but its full time all the time and I have to go back to school full time So I have to pass
Amber give yourself a treat but free days lead to free weeks etc
Oh I couldn't stand the suspense any more so i got on the scale at the gym
and it said
199!!!!!
YAh Baby I made my first GOALLLLLL ( i feel like that soccer comentator)
So I'm changing my sig and making another 3 week goal but I'm more than happy to make a labor day one too

I'm beaming!
Love
Kier
Old 07-02-2003, 02:54 PM   #7  

thanks guys...i think i will just eat good all week and save all my banked points for saturday. i thought about it more after i posted. i am up for a labor day challenge if everyone else is. i like this group, it is very honest and supportive. i am glad i found you guys!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:26 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hello Ladies!!

Hi everyone!! I didn't make it in to post yesterday, but I gotta tell you, things are looking up for me. Monday, the first day that I wrote down my thoughts, feelings, and goals for the day, was a good day! I ate 24 points (my range is 20-25), took an hour-long walk, did my Pilates For Dummies video, and had all my water, veggies, and calcium. Whoo! Yesterday wasn't so great, but I made healthy choices and wouldn't have gone as far over if I hadn't had a lot of points for dinner. (I ended up at Subway, got a footlong ham with cheese, thought maybe if I got extra meat I wouldn't end up hungry. Later, I ate two sour gummy octopuses, a meringue cookie, and Wow Tostitoes with salsa, a 2 Points bar and a cup of milk. I ended up 10 points over for the day.). But, I got in a long walk with Aaron and I don't feel guilty or out of control.

Plans for tonight include staying in my points range, grilling Fat Free hot dogs while Aaron eats brats, taking another long walk with him, and watching Buffy re-runs on FX (my favorite channel). Should be exciting.

OH! Before I forget, I gotta tell you about these cookies that maybe you already know about. Have you guys ever had Miss Meringue cookies? I noticed that they are Fat Free, took a look at the nutritional info and saw that you can have 4 cookies for 80 calories. Well, I got the Vanilla Rainbow and found that I can only eat one before they start getting too sweet to tolerate, which is 0 points. I went to the website today and they have a bunch of different kinds--for example, Mint Chocolate Chip. Yum! I'm not sure if the nutritional info is the same for other flavors, but it still can't be too bad. The website said there's a coupon in this month's Weight Watchers magazine. Just thought I'd share.

So, enough rambling. Some responses....

Kier--I'm sorry I had to get offline so fast last night. I kind of forgot that this girl from work was trying to get ahold of me to take her guinea pigs and when I did realize it, I felt terrible so I hurried and got off. I just read your post and I am SO happy for you reaching your first goal! That is AWESOME, congratulations, sweetie!!!!!!!!

OH! Something else I'm afraid I'll forget... Didn't someone post the other day about staying POP and not losing?? I had a problem with that about a year ago and here's what helped and what seems to help a lot of people. Check out this link to "The Wendie Plan" and if it sounds like it will work, try it out. Also, don't be afraid to alter the points ranges slightly--for example, I made my high points day on Saturday and BF and I went out to eat on that day. The weight still came off at a good, steady pace. Hope this helps!! http://pub70.************/flightenup7...opicID=3.topic

Amber--If I hadn't gone so far over last night, I was going to do that for Saturday. As long as you can control yourself and make it just Saturday that you go over, it shouldn't have an adverse effect on your weight loss. Think about it this way, one day of overeating cannot ruin six days of being good. (At least, it shouldn't). When I have done the "one day not worrying about WW" thing, I'll spend the whole week trying to decide what I want to have. And when I do have it, I still try to keep portion control in mind--this way you are still forming the habits that are essential to success with WW. The MOST IMPORTANT thing about doing this, though, is to only have one day. No more, otherwise you'll be in the boat I've been in lately. Oh, and if having a day to eat what you want keeps you on track the rest of the week, it's a GOOD thing.

Angie--Have a fabulous weekend!! And you made progress toward your July 4 goal and progress is what helps us to accomplish our goals. (Holy cow, I am such a cheerleader today!!)

KT--Hello!!

Rina--I'm down for a Labor Day challenge, should we get one started?? Also, see above post about not reaching your goal but making progress. (You know, the one with me cheerleading).

OK, ladies, I'm gonna go whip up some Smart Pop and maybe do a little work. (Yeah, right)...
Old 07-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #9  

Hi girls! I haven't forgotten about you!

Just a quick post, I am leaving for the day. Well, the pregnancy thing is great for the diet. I have been sick since finding out which was 6 weeks ago. I have lost 7 lbs. I hope to start feeling better soon. I am walking a couple times a day though, which is good. I am hoping to work on some muscle even though I am pregnant. I have my first and only u/s on Monday. It should be fun.

I would love to reply to everyone, but I just don't have the time. I will try to log on tomorrow (in between work and getting homework done) to post properly.

DH, the kids and I are heading to Raleigh, NC for a vacation in a month. I am really looking forward to it. DH's brother is getting married out there, and then we have a beach house reserved for the following week. I am so excited!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:20 PM   #10  

So when are we starting the Labor Day Challenge? Hey my sister found this popcorn by Orville Redenbacher (94% fat free I think) that comes in smaller sized bags and the whole bag is 2 pts and it has that yummy buttery taste. I thought how that would help portion control...you know when to stop! I also ordered some of those Bakers Breakfast cookies they advertise in the WW magazines for breakfast, they are high in fiber and are supposed to keep you fuller longer. They have a website. When I get them I will let you know how they taste. Just thought I would share!
Closed Thread