Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 05:19 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of June 30

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi Linda! Thanks for the compliment, but it's really all of YOU who have been such terrific cheerleaders over the years! Your support and encouragement have meant the world to me, and have made a world of difference, too.

Re: salads, we just had one for lunch, with thin slices of grilled steak, feta cheese, raw spinach, spring mix, and a vinaigrette of white wine vinegar, mustard, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, Mrs. Dash, and olive oil whisked in. Yum ... I like to toss the salad in a huge bowl with the vinaigrette before I serve it in salad bowls, because it seems to really coat the greens and adds lots of flavor.

Tonight DH is grilling fresh salmon outside and I'm sauteing (sp?) locally grown squash and okra to go with it. Also have a tomato and black bean salsa to go with the fish.

It's funny, as much as I enjoyed eating out during our trip, it's great to actually cook again!

The verdict on the scale wasn't too bad, less than 1 1/2 pounds up from when we left. DH is up just a little too. We're working on it! I did half an hour on the treadmill this morning, and am drinking lots of water.

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!
Regards,
Jan
Old 06-30-2003, 07:25 PM   #2  
Inchworm

JAN! So good to have you back!!
Your salad sounds totally "G"ourmet! Yum, indeed!
With all the fish we have around, I never have salmon. sounds delish, I especially like the sound of your veggies. Sauteed okra? didn't know you could do that. I like it boiled, dh likes it better fried.
I'm trying to keep dgd on task of packing up her room, it is not an easy job! There are so many other things that she would rather be doing. We tried to set up her new bank acct today, only to discover that 'special military accts' are available, so now have to compare those. she leaves 2 weeks from today.

I had to get a turkey today! I forgot that the lady making our gumbo wants a turkey carcas to put in her gumbo. so we will be eating some turkey towards the end of the week. at least it is a healthy thing. I cooked the last one out of my freezer last week for all the company, but forgot about saving the carcass!

gotta scoot.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:49 PM   #3  

Hello everyone!
Well 2 days closer to vacation!! Can you tell I am excited!!

Good news on the clothes front. I am officially a size 18. I bought a pair of jean capris by Levi. When was the last time I owned a pair of Levis. Beats me I was hoping one of you knew! And when I can get in the jeans it is official

I don't do regular excerise. but I don't have a car so I walk a lot. But now I am in the 20min. at least or 2 miles every other day. This week I am doing extra because I know vacation could be a food fest. But I am not going to let it become one.

Jan-never had grilled salmon. I have had smoked. DS and I love it. Who would of thought the burger girl would be eating smoked salmon.

Have a great OP tuesday.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #4  

JOYce, sounds like you are busy as always! Two turkeys in two weeks, wow! We should cook turkeys more often, I think; it's such a healthy protein, and so economical too. Earlier this summer I smoked one outside, and it was more tender than any turkey I've made. Next time, though, I think I'll brine it, something I've heard about but never tried.

Bluvsu, congrats on the size 18 jeans! That's terrific! How wise of you to do more exercise pre-vacation; that'll help you in so many ways, not the least of which is more stamina for having fun!

Not much happening here. Getting ready for a short trip to Phoenix to see my younger DS; temps should be like 110 there, whew, but I imagine we'll stay inside a LOT. Hope everyone's having a good week ... guess it'll be a short one for most, with the July 4 holiday. What's everyone planning for the holiday? Hey Texaslady? Janet? Hottie? Bandit? Kelly? Carol? Drop in when you can!

Regards,
Jan
Old 07-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #5  
BirdBrain

I'm 4.5 pounds down! I'm so excited! I'm at 208.5, so COME ON 199!

Jan, your salad does sound fantastic. My husband works nights and had to work overtime today until after noon, so he's still sound asleep and I was really hoping he would grill all of these chicken breasts I have sitting here. I wanted to use them in salads. Frankly, when I travel... I eat my way through the entire trip. Happened in Mexico City, happened in Europe. I can't even fathom denying myself anything. Austria had SO many wonderful pastries (and cheeses and breads) --of course I was a size 7 both times I traveled that far abroad. (and came back a size 9 with a huge smile on my face.)

Blu, where are you going on vacation? I must have missed that. Congrats on the size 18!

I ordered a DVD of the Billy Blank Taebo Workout today... hope it comes soon! In the past I have loved sitting and watching them, but this time plan to get up and MOVE.

Kelly
Old 07-02-2003, 12:07 AM   #6  

I am headed to Chicago Thursday morning. We will be there at 9:39 CST. Can we say I am a tad bit excited!!

But now the question is will I get to bed tonight. We are having a huge potluck tomorrow. So I made the 4th of July beans on the recipe board. I know the other person on WW is bringing Turkey. So I will be sticking to Turkey, my beans, the fruit and veggies.

Since tonight I was in the pringles. I gave them away to the neighbor girl. Cause I knew I would eat them all. AND I know that is not good. So I gave them up!

I am only taking the size that fits me now...all my 18s. and my track pants that fit me NOW to sleep in. I have another pair a size 2X that are huge on me. But I love them so I sleep in them at home.

Okay can we tell I am a tired girl who is babbling.

Kelly!! Awesome job on the weight loss!! Keep it up.

Wondering...how much weight does every one have to lose to get to the goal weight t hey want. I have 65 more to go
Old 07-02-2003, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Congrats to all of you who have lost weight. And welcome back, Jan - hope your holiday was great.

I would be very happy to lose 50#. Didn't have a good w/i this week - was up some. Drank too much on Sat & ate too much on Sun. Lots & lots of social things, have to plan better.

Anyway have a great week & bye for now.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #8  

Angry HELLO

Well hello everyone,

Janet how are you doing, I got laid off from Sprint about 3 1/2 months ago and I didn't have access to a computer, but I am working again now and I am back. I missed reading all of the posts. I am still on WW it is going really slow, I will go up two pounds and down 2.1 pounds it is getting on my nerves ,but I will reach onderland. I hope everyone is doing well

Take Care,

Tontoy

242/206/150(Hopefully)
Old 07-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #9  

Kelly, down 4.5 pounds, you rock! Taebo sounds interesting; is it kinda like yoga, or more like martial arts?

Bluvsu, hope you are enjoying Chicago today! Way to go on giving away the Pringles ... great idea!

Bandit, I know what you mean re: social stuff getting in the way; happens to me a lot. I'm sure you're already right back on track, and next week's w/i will be better!

Tontoy, so good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear about the layoff, but how great that you found another job in these difficult times. I know what you mean about WW going slow; it can be frustrating, but you WILL get there, so keep on keeping on! You are so close to onederland, and have already lost way more than your ten percent; you're doing great!

Guess I'd better get busy packing! We're going to Arizona to visit my sister this weekend; can't wait to see her!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! (Bandit, did you do something special for Canada Day this week?)

Regards,
Jan
Old 07-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #10  

Hi Jan:

Yes - I was at my trailer and ate & drank way too much.
Had fireworks over the lake which was really nice.

Hope you have a great visit with your sister.

Hope everyone else has a great OP week. Bye for now.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #11  

Default Re: week of June 30

Bandit, fireworks over the lake, how lovely! Celebrating Canada Day, right?

DH and I are in Scottsdale, AZ now at my sister's house, and having a great time. DS is a physical therapist and a personal trainer, and has been SO supportive of me through my weight loss struggle. She fixed us a lovely salad for dinner and has all kinds of OP stuff around. DH and I took a long walk early this morning, and we're headed to Sedona to see the lovely scenery today. Some time this weekend, we'll head to Trader Joe's (just down the block from here) and stock up on some interesting stuff to take home. (No TJ's in Texas that I know of!)

Hope everyone had a great Fourth and is enjoying the weekend!

Regards,
Jan
Old 07-06-2003, 01:46 AM   #12  
Inchworm

JAN, sounds like you are having a good restful time, enjoying your visit with your sister! Sedona is beautiful, I know you will enjoy it.
We've worked most of today getting food ready for the BIG party tomorrow. A friend came and spent 5 hours fixing a huge pot of gumbo for the party. A really good friend! huh!
We are looking forward to seeing lots of friends who will come to wish dgd farewell, as she leaves for th USAF in 8 days! time is flying!!
Must get to bed, a busy day awaits me!
Old 07-06-2003, 05:54 PM   #13  

JOYce, sounds like your party will be a blast! What a great sendoff for your dgd! Be sure to tell us all about it.

Gotta run! Hi to everyone; hope you're all having a great weekend!

Jan
Old 07-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #14  
BirdBrain

Good morning ladies,

I haven't fallen off the boat, but one of our dogs died this weekend and it kind of took the oomph out of everything. I'm going to miss her.

I'll check in later --off to work.

Kelly
Old 07-07-2003, 01:43 PM   #15  

Kelly - so sorry about your dog. They really are part of your family and will be greatly missed.

Hope everyone else had a nice holiday & is back OP.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread