Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:24 AM   #1  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Good Morning Monday!!!

It will probably be a bit slow here due to holidays in different regions but I thought I would get the thread rolling!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:31 AM   #2  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I have been MIA for a week due to a very hectic work schedule. I had camp here at work all last week so I was hardly in the office. I also had Camp at church during the evening that DH and I helped with so I was basically leaving home around 7:30am and returning around 9:30pm AND dh and I were dogsitting for friends for the week. Uhhh very crazy and I did not do well OP. Today however is one of my TWO work days this week!!! I am so excited! It is a short wk in the US b/c 4th of July on Friday and I opted to take off Wed and Thurs. DH and I are headed up to the U.P. on Thursday. We rented a cabin on the lake! This is our first married get away other than our honeymoon and we cannot wait.

Well I should go I have to be in court this a.m. and I have a million things to accomplish in order to wrap up the chaos from last weeks camp. Sorry I didn't respond to anyone but I truly didn't even have much time to lurk. I will read back if I have time later on in the day! Have POP days ladies!!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 09:30 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good, just busy.

I'm still eating out of control and I can't figure out why. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I need to seek counseling. So, there, I've said what I was afraid to say... but I wouldn't even know where to look for that sort of counseling. I checked the phone book under "Can't Stop Eating Counseling" and there's nothing listed. I just don't know what to do and I can't get myself under control. Any suggestions?

Well, that's about all that's been on my mind lately and it's on my mind all the time...

I do have some work to do, so I better get to it. I'll check back later, hope everyone is having a great day!!

And Becky--I hope things get settled down for you soon.

Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jess! I am with you and I really don't have advice b/c I too feel out of control at times. I am sure somebody on here has been through it and actually been successful but I am not yet one of them.

Court was cancelled this a.m. so I am happy to say I will be around the thread!!! I am so excited b/c I have been having withdrawals. Jess my wknd was fine. I spent most of it relaxing b/c of my crazy wk. Dh and I watched "Just Married" which cracks me up. I have seen it 3 times. We did some lawn work which was my only form of exercise for the wknd I plan to do lots of walking and bike riding this wknd up north to get my big bootie back into the swing of things..... uh....actually that is the problem it is a bit TOO in the "swing" of things. Well I'll be back!

Come out and post. How is everyone? How are our pregnant momma's doing, feeling?
Old 06-30-2003, 10:03 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - where in the U.P. will you guys be this weekend? I too only have a 2 day work week because we're going up there. We'll be in Menominee on Wed. And then the Big Bay/Marquette area on Thurs, Fri, Sat. I can't wait to go for a walk on the beach. No beaches in Indy.

Jess - I've often thought about seeking counseling to help with what at times seems like insurmountable binges. My suggestion is to look under therapitsts/psychologists/pyschiatrists and phone their offices to see if they treat eating disorders. If they do, enquire as to whether they treat binge eating/over eating disorders in addition to anorexia/bulemia.

Worked both Saturday and Sunday. Work tonight too. CB and I had a nasty "discussion" last night and I'm stressing about everything that I have to get done before we leave. UGH!!! I'm so going to be ready to relax on Wed.

My negative attitude and I are going to check-out. BBL.

Laura
Old 06-30-2003, 11:10 AM   #6  

how is it that i can be good all week and ruin it all in the course of a weekend? i eat on the go and snack too much and give in to bad foods EVERY weekend! what is wrong with me???? grrrr...
Old 06-30-2003, 11:36 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
I'm being bad today I slept in and I haven't done ANYTHING and I don't really want too bleh My DS is super sick and I have to secure the house for ci smoke (DS has asthma and grmmas a chain smokr) I was goign to go to the gym but now it says we're goign to get T-storms and I jus cant get motivated tommorrows going to be sunny and nice so I will get my arse to the gym tommrrow
My weekend was good Friday night I had the house to myself and heard some scary noises so bf came over and checked Everythign out and I stayed at his place
Saturday Came back here and spent some quality time with the puppies while he set up for his radio thing that night
we went to it and it was like a big block party v. fun not great for being OP.
yesterday I just hung out with the fam
Becky your getaway sounds great!
Jess maybe you should just write down what you eat, eat whatever you want but make yourself accountable again?
also write down the emotions that are going on when your "eating crazy" so you can maybe see a pattern

Hey Laura I want to go to the beach toooo!!! don't worry about the discussion with CB
Amber we all face that challenge its b/c there is more opportunity to go off Plan
Old 06-30-2003, 12:43 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Morning. Well, I didn't come anywhere close to my Canada day goal and tomorrow is the day. I guess I should use my time this summer to get back on the program for real. I hate how I say well, I'll treat myself this weekend and then start again Monday. The only way to do this is to just start. So I'm just starting again...I think as long as I have regular exercise I'm fine so I have to look into my gym again.
Becky - I hope you guys have a great little holiday. A 2-day work week is nice.
Jess - I know that feeling of eating out of control. It's stupid too cause as we eat we say to ourselves "I shouldn't be eating right now." I have to figure out something to do whenever I find myself eating when I shouldn't be.
Laura - sounds like a relaxing couple of days. I hope you have great weather.
Amber - you're human! Like the rest of us. Try making a food plan for the weekend so you have no choice but to eat healthy. It could work.
Kier - hope you sister's feeling better and the house is all secure.

OK - have to get some work done. I'll check back later.
KT
Old 06-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ey girls ths has been an insane day thus far I'm running around like a madwoman trying to get work dne and fenagle plans on a monday night. Dinner plans UGH! slide me some diet coke vibes tho I just checked the menu Online and its got Some Kier Compliant food so thats good
bbiab now i get to ge dressed!
Love
Kierie
Old 06-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jess: That's exactly why I dragged myself into WW again last week. I could not control my eating. Somehow, joining and going to meetings makes me feel more accountable to myself.

On the WW front, since Thursday I have done perfectly ... except for Sunday. I tried, really I did, but girls, it was a SEX PARTY! Seriously. For a friend's birthday, someone arranged to have a Tasteful Treasures person come in. If you haven't heard of it, it's like a Tupperware or Pampered Chefs party, but with sex toys. It was so much fun!!! We had party favors like penis straws (to drink with), condoms and a "sensual" romance novel. I went thinking I'd try to eat well, and my eating wasn't so bad (i didn't even have any of the penis cake), but I drank three of these frozen ice cream to-die-for drinks and got talked into doing a blow job shot!

Despite the extra points, the party was so worth it.

Then I had an asthma attack last night. Haven't had one in about two years and it scared me. I even called DH and he came home early from work. I'm feeling OK today, just very tired and I'm wheezing a lot. The air quality in Eastern Virginia is awful and I think the attack was brought on by spending a lot of time outside this weekend. I went hiking on Saturday and then went to a minor league baseball game yesterday. That's the only thing I can think of.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:03 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

OMG KIM! that party sounds like a riot
For the record At a bachelorette party I have had Penis cake and oooh baby was it satisfying!
Asthma attacks are super scary I've only had small ones but mysis has severe asthma just take it easy Lady!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Does anyone know how many points a small piece of cake would be? No icing. The leftover penis cake (no body parts visible) was brought into work today and I had a tiny piece.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:41 PM   #13  

Hey Kim, my sister and I are having one of those parties soon..woohoo! OK guys I figured out my weekend problem. I was doing my points Wed-Wed so on the weekend I hadn't banked any points yet in case we did go out or I wanted a snack. So now I am starting my points journanal on Mondays so by Friday I will have banked points for the weekend. DUH! Sorry this was my first week. I am hoping this will help. We'll see... Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:03 PM   #14  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default OK, Here's What I've Found Out...

Well, I took a little time today and kind of looked online to see if there is such a thing as can't stop eating disorder, and there is. There appear to be a couple of names for it, the most common being Binge Eating Disorder. Basically, it's like bulimia minus the purging... I do think maybe I'm affected by it, but in case I'm not, (and even if I am) I don't want to use it as an excuse to eat what I want or to not even try to lose weight.

So, I went home over lunch (instead of to the Y to walk) and journaled for today, planned dinner and a snack later, laid out some goals, and wrote down some thoughts in a notebook. I also have a couple of charts (borrowing Laura's idea to use BF to keep my accountable) that I'm going to hang on the fridge. Aaron really wants me to be successful with losing weight, because he knows how miserable I am, and this will make it easier for him to do that.

Sorry I don't have time for some responses, but I gotta get out the door--must run to grocery store and then home to squeeze in a little Pilates, then to get my eyebrows waxed--OW! The price we pay for beauty...

Jess
Closed Thread