Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #1  

Hi Saskie and 2 sexy, I was only down .8 not as much as I would have liked, but I had a good loss the week before so I'm not too worked up over it. I am adding back those 2 points too starting next week. I hope that will help the hunger I had the last two days.Starting tuesday I will be able to add the treadmill back into my workout! I aso have to mention how helpful and motivating it is doing these posts. Well I'm off to get my hair cut. Mabey it will show as a loss next week

Last edited by Justme; 03-10-2001 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2001, 10:11 PM   #2  

JustMe,
Congrats on your loss! if you were really hungry this week, it might be possible that your body needed those extra two points, so I would say go for it! Thats great that you are getting your stitches out- how long have you had them in for? Did you get a new hairstyle, or just a trim? How far until you are at goal, now?
I made the mistake of baking my cookies this am before work, because I was out and had a few extra minutess...bad plan- I used a lot of points eating them, they are so good
It's funny, I have been eating them for a few weeks now and could gladly use at least half of my daily points alottment on them!
I have never asked either of you before, how old are you?
I better run for now, hope you are both doing well!
Old 03-11-2001, 04:45 PM   #3  

I got a more than a trim but bascally the same style. I also got it colored, just a semi-permanent one so I dont have to worry about it showing when it starts to grow out. I am 5 pounds from my goal. I might try to loose 5 more after that but I'm not sure yet. My stitches have been in for almost 2 weeks (as of tuesday it will be.) You sure make the cookies sound good. I will have to try and make them soon. Have a great day!
Old 03-11-2001, 08:15 PM   #4  

Hello there. Congrats on the loss. I am 26. I have been real bad this week I haven't done anything. Well diet wise. I have been trying to get my mother in law to start with me. I was so motivated last weak. I still want to do this but I just a having a hard time getting back to it. I don't know why there is always something else to do. But it is so important to me. So, I will kick my self in the butt and get going. I found a meeting about 45 miles away so maybe I will start going there. How much is the registration these days? Where can I find that cookie recipe? bye MW P.S. I always feel the motivation when I get on here and read your girls responses Thanks. I just need to keep up.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:10 PM   #5  

2Sexy, IM sorry to hear you had a hard week. That sounds like me before I went back to the meetings. I kept telling myself I was going to do it on my own. It didnt work for me. I need the meetings, It helps to keep me in line. Im not sure how much registration is. It might be different in different places too. This board is also very helpful to me too. Good luck to you. I hope you have a better week.
Old 03-11-2001, 11:32 PM   #6  

2Sexy, I bet it would help if you could go to a meeting- I know it must be hard to have tot ravel so far to get to one though! how "not on a diet" have you been?
I agree with both of you- coming here helps a lot!
I just finished 21 pages of blah blah blah technical report. better go read it over so i can get to bed tonight! hang in there!
~t~
Old 03-12-2001, 10:18 PM   #7  

Hey, girls, where are you today? I miss you! I hope you are both staying out of trouble, and staying on plan! I had a very lazy exercise day, due to sever sleep deprevation. I made up for it by cutting back to 18 pts for the day- 4 of which I still have to consume. (Yay!) Tomorrow night is weigh in, so I will find out if staying in the 20-25 pt range works for me. I had one 27 pt day, and one 18 pt day, so I figure they will balance each other out. I did not exercise as much as usual, but I figure I need to do what I like or I will quit all together!
Wish me luck, I really don't feel like there is any fat missing from my poor body!
I hope to hear from you both soon!
~t~
Old 03-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #8  

hello, It's me. Let me tell you the biggest thing I regret now. I have been going through pictures from last year and I can not beleive how good I looked. I was thin and yet at that time I felt like I was still fat and that I still had so much to lose. I bet that is what you are feeling so do me a favor and look at yourself and know you look good. I am going to try to keep a healthy head this time and keep telling myself I have done it (of course when I get back down to where I was) I haven't failed and it should help me win this time forever. MW
Old 03-13-2001, 10:47 AM   #9  

2Sexy-
Thanks for the kick in the butt- you are right, of course. I would like to lose a little more, but if I don't I guess things will be okay. Really I just would like to tone- you know, there is always extra flab that you just wish wasn't there! *L*
So you were at goal last year? How much would you be happy losing, now? Are you having any luck with the eating this week? You are trying to get back in shape for your summer at the resort, right? Bathing suits are a cruel invention, designed by men, I am sure! Guys get to wear trunks that cover pretty much everything, then women get these stupid underwear type outfits that constantly crawl up your butt. Argh!!!
I am finding it hard to get motivated to get to the gym lately, but am going to try to give myself motivation through a shopping excursion if I can keep going for the rest of the month. (Weekends off.) Also, I need to start planning the wedding in April, so wedding dress shopping may provide some motivation as well!
I will not be surprised if I have a bounce back gain tonight, due to last weeks horrible eating habits. Guess I will find out later!
Let me know how you are doing, maybe I can help if need be!
~t~
Old 03-13-2001, 06:48 PM   #10  

Hi girls, Good luck at your weigh in Saskie.I can totally relate to what you two were talking about with being at goal and still feeling fat.Mabey that was part of the reason I regained weight. I need to be more positive about my body.Even though I am close to being back at goal I still have alot more toning to do. Im thinking I need to loose mabey 5 more beyond goal so if I gain in muscle I wont be out of goal a range again. Does this sound stupid. I have to get remotivated to excercise again. I got my stitches out finally. So I can start doing the treadmill again but I feel like a lazy slug.I had an exhausting day at work I went back to the old way of tracking points and I feel more satisfied. sorry for rambling on so much. Bye for now
Old 03-13-2001, 11:05 PM   #11  

Hi!
justme,I am happy you got your stitches out finally bet you feel like a whole normal person again. My husband sliced his finger up pretty bad and had to have stitches. It's all healed now but I know it is a pain. Well you girls should try Tai-Bo for toning it sure works I tell you. Saskie. a wedding how nice. I remember mine It was so stressful my husband and I felt so relieved when it was done. And I know all to well about those damn swimsuits I have to look at lots of them all summer long. It's sickening. especially when I wouldn't be caught in one. Well chow for now. MW
Old 03-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #12  

JustMe,
awesome about your stitches- i hope you can drag your butt onto the treadmill- I know you will feel better if you do!!! you are SO close to goal, i know you can do it!
2Sexy,
bathing suits do not look good no matter what. thats my theory. i was excited to go swimming a couple weeks ago- then realized my body may be smaller, but my skin is not real firm and smooth, and things are not where they were when i weighed this much in high school! *L* how is your week going?
i lost .8 this week, a little less than i had hoped for, but better than a kick in the butt!
be back later- gotta get to class!
~tara~
Old 03-14-2001, 10:37 PM   #13  

Saskie, Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on the weight loss. I didnt do the treadmill today, but I did alot of other things.I ran an errand for my mom,washed my car inside and out,did a little shopping and cleaned around the house.Hopefully that counts for something. 2sexy what is tai-bo like? I am a little uncoordinated when it comes to some excersise tapes. I cant seem to follow faster ones
Old 03-15-2001, 10:47 AM   #14  

JustMe, thats great that you were so active! I am also not the most coordinated person in the world, and tried tae bo a few times- i really didn't like it a lot, and never got past the intro. tape! I prefer to do things that don't confuse me quite so much. Lots of people really seem to like it, though!
Wow, what a hassle to try to get to the threads this morning- the 3fatchicks must be doing some more construction.
Yesterday started off so well for me- lots of exercise, lots of pts left over afer supper still...then I decided to use them for a treat. Well that went seriously wrong, triggered a little excess eating, and put me at 34 pts when my max. is 25. so much for all those exercise pts i built up! *L*
Oh well, today is a new day- only problem is Thursdays often kill me...a combination of the 4 hr drive and just general hunger that comes out of nowhere every Thursday!!! Wish me luck!
I hope you have luck getting to the treadmill today, JustMe!
~T~
Old 03-15-2001, 03:45 PM   #15  

Smile

Hello, isn't it nice to get outside in the spring time.. Of course it still looks like winter around here. The snow will probably take another two months to melt. It is real messy now. But the sun is shining. Tae bo is kicking and punching and hopping around. I really like it allot better then regular aerobics, I had a hard time keeping my feet untied doing those but I find the tae bo allot easier. But everyone has there own taste buds. I have all the richard simpson videos but they are all collecting dust. They are not real motivating for me. The guy on the tae bo really gets me going. I actually get excited doing it. I would give a basic video a try. It is pretty tough the first week doing it. But it gets easier. I feel real strong when I am done. And it is great for the abs. You wouldn't think so but it works good for me. Well anyway now that I have made you fall asleep I will go. chat again soon. MW
I am going to go shopping today and stock up on everything I like to keep me on program. It gets a little harder when your cupboards get empty.

Last edited by 2sexy4thisbod; 03-15-2001 at 03:49 PM.
Closed Thread