View Poll Results: What's Your Dream Vacation?
Backpack Through Europe 0 0%
Stay At A Luxury Hotel On The French Riviera 2 18.18%
Vegas, Baby! 1 9.09%
Palm Trees, Sand & Cold Beverages-Anywhere 3 27.27%
RV Across America 3 27.27%
Fresh Powder & A Swiss Chalet 0 0%
Anywhere In The Mountains 0 0%
My Couch 1 9.09%
Other 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's........(#24)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:59 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #23 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 06:24 AM   #3  

You guys really had me going on that link!! LOL

For those of you on the exercise thread, let's finish out the June thread before we get on July.
Sherry thanks for putting up the new threads!

I am so bad. Yesterday I went to Sam's and guess what I bought? A 3 LB BAG OF CHEWY CANDY!! What is wrong with me??? I had about 10 pieces yesterday--bit o honeys and caramels!! Talk about bad.

I have been reading about the South Beach Diet on the thread here. Sounds very interesting, but I don't think I can do without my carbs. I recognize the names of several people on the thread, so a lot of people are trying it.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 06-27-2003 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:37 AM   #4  
Carol

Somewhere

Somewhere, right now, the sun is shining brightly. Somewhere, a new life is just beginning. Somewhere, the power of love is triumphing over adversity. Somewhere, at this very moment, a thousand thousand children are laughing.

Somewhere, someone who will never seek or receive credit for it is moving the world positively and powerfully forward. Somewhere, it is going on now.

If you could suddenly see all the good, valuable, positive things happening this very moment, the sight would surely overwhelm you. And yet it goes on, day after day, without fail.

For every disappointment, for every challenge, somewhere, somehow there is a way beyond it. Know without a doubt that it's there, and you're already moving toward it.

Somewhere there's a bright and shining place where you know you belong. With faith, courage, commitment and persistence you'll surely see yourself there.

Hugs

Carol
Old 06-27-2003, 10:06 AM   #5  

Hey Sherry that must be you and Debbie in those pics on vacation. You guys are going to have an awesome time. We sure are going to miss you guys.

Shelley I have looked at that diet too. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it either. I just can't give up all my carbs. When I did it made me feel sick and dizzy. Now give those candys away!

Carol thanks for the somewhere story.....it really puts things into perspective.

I am feeling better. I have a cough and tire easily but feel so much better.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:27 PM   #6  

Debbie and Sherry, I'm wishing you a safe and wonderful adventure in Florida. We'll miss you!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #7  

Hi everyone...

Thanks so much for all the B/Day Wishes, I wasn't ignoring anyone. Just got back from Florida on a fabulous trip. The weather the first few days rainy but the rest of the week was a good one.

Sherry & Deb ...hope the weather hold for your stay there.

Can't remember who wrote that they are thinking of startingthe South Beach Diet, i am. Need all the help i can.

Vickster
Old 06-27-2003, 11:26 PM   #8  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey

Thought I would post now and tell everyone goodbye!! We are leaving early in the morning, around 5am. We will be back on July 6th, probably late in the day.

Diet note:: Im going to start the South Beach Diet when I get back, I bought the book yesterday. Going to try and maintain for the next 9 days...Yeah right...LOL.

I am so excited about this vacation. Seems we work, save and plan all year for this. We will take lots of pictures and post some when we get back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. The Hotel we are staying has a big celebraton!! Fireworks on the beach!!! How exciting!!

Be good....hugs...debbie
Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #9  

I'm all packed up and ready to go!!!!! We're leaving out at 5:15am Wayne said it looks like we're going to be gone a month by the way I packed!

I hope everyone will be good and stay OP while we're gone because I sure won't be!!!

Shelley.....Keep everyone in line!!!

I'll talk to ya'll a week from Sunday!! I'll miss ya'll very, very much!!!

Take Care & Bye
Old 06-28-2003, 06:52 AM   #10  

Bye Sherry and Debbie, we'll miss you! I'll try to keep everyone in line while you're gone!!

Vicki-Where in Fl. did you go? Good luck on SBD. I noticed you posted on the other thread. I'm lurking, but not doing it. Just studying!

My daughter got her first ever paycheck. She made $107.00 working 3 days last week. That's pretty good for a 15 year old. We think she worked about 15 hrs.

Tonight we have a Youth Group spaghetti dinner, so I have to buy the stuff for that today. I may not be able to be online much. I'm not running today, gonna do a Firm tape to start cross-training a little bit. Those chewy candies keep calling me, and I've been bad!! I figure it's summer, so what the heck??

Talk to you later.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 06-28-2003 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry and Debbie - have fun on your vacation!
Old 06-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #12  
Carol

Staying in control

Negative habits are harmful not only because of the undesirable results to which they lead. They also steadily weaken your self control.

By giving in to a negative impulse, you are giving up some of the ability you have to live a positive, fulfilling life. You are sacrificing the real meaning in your life in order to experience a shallow, fleeting pleasure.

When carried too far, the negative habits cease to bring even momentary pleasure. By that time, you've probably forgotten that there's another choice.

Yet there is always a much more fulfilling and life-affirming way. That way is self control. As soon as you choose positive self control, not only do you avoid the destructive behavior, you also build more strength to do so. Positive, productive habits can become even stronger than negative, destructive ones.

Self control is not the easy way, for it takes effort and commitment. It is, however, the best way and it is something you can surely exercise when you understand how very far ahead it will take you.

Baby steps will get us on the right path!!

Hugs
Carol

Have a great OP Day!!
Old 06-29-2003, 06:32 AM   #13  

Well yesterday I ate everything in sight!! Today I am going to try not giving in to my negative eating habits!!

Ramona-Did you buy the SBD book?

Vicki-Tell us about your trip and how your birthday went.

Carol-I need to go back and read every one of your motivational posts again!

Jennelle-How's the job hunt going?

Dee-I know you are feeling better, but be careful with all your walking!

Gayle-Hope your having a blast!

Sherry and Debbie-I'm sure you're having fun!

Jeanne-Are you back yet? I'm sure you are having a great time!

Titan, Doni, Cheryl-What's happining?

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
Old 06-29-2003, 09:09 AM   #14  
Carol

Shelley: Here is another one. Hope you can find the way to make it "click for you again.

I am stuck in a rut and my weight loss has just stopped. I am eating around 1200 calories a day, which you would think would make me lose more, but not.....

Oh Well. Staying the course. I sure hope I get some results soon though.

Enthusiasm

It costs nothing, yet it can help to bring you just about anything.

It can draw people to you and compel them to give their support.

It is enthusiasm.

And when you have it, you have a powerful force working in your favor.

Enthusiasm is contagious.

So get yourself around others with enthusiasm, and you'll have a lot more of it.

Looking for a way of getting yourself to do those things that you know must be done? Put some enthusiasm on your side.

When you're excited and enthusiastic about where you're going, guess what happens? You'll find a way to get there.

Put a smile on your face and a spring in your step, and don't be afraid to show some real enthusiasm.

It will surely take you far.

Have a great OP day ladies.

To all you vacation ladies.... I AM SO JEALOUS!! :LOL:
Hugs
Carol
Old 06-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #15  

Wow Carol! That one really hits home for me. I've lost my enthusiasm for work and dieting! I need to get it back!
Closed Thread