WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Fall

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for Fall

Tina
09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Hello all,

It doesn't feel like fall yet. I guess that's good cooking-wise. Fall makes me think of pots of chili or stew and apple & pumpkin pies. :D:D:D

We can all eat healthier and live longer!

We have been a very quiet group here. Life seems to get in our way. :dizzy:
I hope to hear from more people very soon.

:woops:

maureen kempster
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm still hanging in Tina!!! it's been busy at work - planning the next awards dinner - november 1st this time - have lots of employees to coordinate their flight/trains etc here then back home - hotels - the dinner etc - plus the regular daily stuff - that's the way I like it though. food wise, I've been Miss Oinker - it's really starting to feel like fall here now. cooler days -

keep well everyone

maureen

Tina
09-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi,
I weighed this morning and was down 1/2 pound. :carrot:

Maureen, I thought you just had the awards dinner?!? Time flies when you're having fun, huh! :lol:
I'm glad you are having good weather. We almost had lots of rain from a tropical storm/hurricane that's going into Mexico. I hear that it's too far south to give us much more than a drizzle. Yea!

Have a great Friday 13th.
:bat::bat::bat:

maureen kempster
09-19-2013, 07:13 PM
hi Tina - boy it sure has been quiet here- our last awards dinner was in April and we have 2 a year - this one is long gown - and we've picked up another company that almost doubled our internal staff. so lots of travel arrangements to do. it's busy and that's the way I like it.
as far as my eating has been it's been terrible. I don't know what's wrong with me!!!
weather's been nice the last few days - it does look like fall but it's been sunny - can't wait to go up to the Gatineau Park and take pictures - it's so beautiful with the changing leaves
hope all's well with everyone
take care

Tina
09-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi,
I can't believe fall starts tomorrow. We ARE having a cool front. We will have lows in the mid 60's for three nights. Amazing!
Maureen, what will you wear to the awards dinner?
We can do this!!!!! I'm trying to drink more water and less diet coke. :lol:
I wonder why the group doesn't post anymore!

:shrug:

Tina
09-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Happy Fall !!!!!

:bat::bat:

Tina
09-30-2013, 05:50 PM
It's October!

Happy pumpkin hunting. :D

:bat::bat::bat:

Tina
10-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Cool weather is coming!!!!!
It's time for me to get serious about losing 3 pounds so my new slacks feel good.

:bat:

Tina
10-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

Thursday Chatters has always been a fun thread.
I do not understand why it has become so quiet.
Have a great day, week, month, year! :)
Love y'all,
Tina

:cry: :cry: :cry:

jar1965
10-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone!!!! Love you all & I have missed 3FC! Hope everyone is doing well!
My friend Jackie & I re-joined WW last Thursday......So far, so good! Keep your fingers crossed!

maureen kempster
10-08-2013, 06:25 PM
hi everyone

I still come here almost everyday - just don't seem to have much to say - now if you knew me in 3D life you'd find that hard to believe!! as I'm here on the site I'm sitting here filling my face with a piece of chocolate cake - I'm so disscusted with myself - good for you Jeanne for going back to WW and doing a great job - that's what I need - to get back to meetings. Saturday morning I promise - 9 AM meeting -
Tina, thanks for keeping us going here. I got your message on fb and will go over and answer
keep well everyone and warm

jar1965
10-09-2013, 05:41 AM
:carrot:yay Maureen! You'll be so glad you did!
Have a great day everyone!

Tina
10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Morning!!!!
Jeanne, I'm so glad you are on WW again. It really keeps us accountable.
Maureen, hearing about your chocolate cake made my mouth water. :lol:

Everyone have a super day. :hug:

jar1965
10-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Morning! Yesterday was like Christmas here....they put the rest of our new windows in, scentsy came and oragami owl came!

Today is my first WI since rejoining ww! Crossing my fingers! I worked hard this week with planning & journaling. I did get a brisk walk in 3 days this week!

Tina
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Fingers are crossed!!!!!

:hug:

maureen kempster
10-11-2013, 05:42 AM
good morning everyone

it's Friday!!! and we have a long weekend - Thanksgiving Monday - I won't be doing too much - I am going to go to a WW meeting tomorrow morning - I have to get back - then the rest of the day will be spent with a co-worker going to a bunch of second hand and thrift stores - she giving a course at a local high school next month one Saturday called "Cheap Chic" so I'm tagging along and hoping to get some ideas. It should be fun.
well let's have a great day on program

maureen

auntie
10-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Guess who is in the house? It's Susan! :hug: :cp: it so good to see everyone! I'm hanging in there! I'm down almost 20 pound! I did great the first month, 2nd was ok, this month was same but I weigh last month in the morning and this time after school. Plus I know I wasn't as good as I could of been.

I did my labs this past week for my hematologist appointment on Oct 18. The PA called to question me about the iron I'm taking and how I'm taking it. I called called my sister, she wanted to know what my levels were. I called back and spoke to the PA? All she said is you levels all dropped! I will to see what the doctor wants to do. I saiid see him Friday. She said he will most likely want to give you an infusion. I'll do anything to have some energy.

Then my knee is bothering me again! The one I had the partial replacement in.

Enough about me..... What's been going on with everyone?

Tina
10-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi all,
Susan, Did you ever find out where your reg. doctor went? If so, I suggest you have HER run more labs!!!!! I'm worried about you, my friend.

Maureen, were you able to make it to a meeting?

Jeanne, how are you doing?

I need to get off the sofa and walk.

:bat: :bat: :bat:

auntie
10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Tina, I called the office every week. I felt like a pest. I haven't called in about 2 weeks. I plan on calling this week. She (Becky) is the one that sent me to the hematologist. I really don't care for his PA. He had mentioned when I was there for my first visit that I might have to have an infusion and I would feel so much better! He said the iron supplements are less invasive. Each have their pro and cons. The thing about the infusion is my body will absorb it. I can have a reaction to it. Guess I'll know Friday what the plan is after I talk to the doctor. I really like him. If I can't find Becky, I'll ask him who he suggest.

Ladybug2680
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Hello all. I joined WWs online again today. I'm hoping this time will be for good. Not has changed in my life. I think the only new thing is the amount of great nephews I have now. I have a set of twin nephews (Jayden and Brayden) who are 2 and I also have Jonah who is 14 months and Palmer who is 15 months. Work, home, and helping my mom seem to keep me quiet busy these days. I'll be checking in often.

auntie
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Welcome back Dori! How is school?

Tina
10-13-2013, 10:18 PM
:carrot: Dori, it's so good to see you!!!! :dance: You sound as busy as always.
Susan, good luck at the doctors'. Let us know what you learn.
Maureen---Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

Jeanne, how are things?

:bat: :bat:

Ladybug2680
10-15-2013, 05:56 AM
School is okay. I will say it's not the best year I've had by far. It seems as though every year we are expected to do more with less. It's a bit frustrating. I have to say that if we had the money I would most likely stop teaching and try to do something else within education. I've gotten to the point where I don't enjoy work anymore and I know that's not a good place to be. Hopefully things will get better.

auntie
10-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Believe me Dori I understand! I had a horrible year last year! This year is great! I'm pretty much by myself and my student. Yes 1 student. Then I get another one part of the day. My team is very selfish and doesn't seem to understand team work! I decided oh well their loss! Now isn't that a bad attitude? My husband said I was being a baby. I said no I just not playing high school games anymore! Plus the paperwork is changing every second! Just crazy! I feel ya!

maureen kempster
10-17-2013, 05:29 AM
good morning all

welcome Dori good to see you-
not much going on here-work, home, work, home!! I've been awake since 3:30 so I'm going to be in great shape this afternoon at work
let's all have a great day we're worth it

Tina
10-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Happy Thursday all,

maureen, wonder why you woke up so early? sorry about that! You WILL be tired by the afternoon. If you read this in time, get yourself some healthy snacks for the afternoon.

Susan, when will you retire! :D

Jeanne, are you walking everyday?

I lost 1/2 pound!!!!!!! Not much but I will definitely take it.

:bat: :bat:

Tina
10-18-2013, 09:01 AM
:carrot: It's Friday ! :dance:

Have a fantastic day.

:witch: :bat: :witch2:

auntie
10-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Happy Friday! Went to the hematologist this morning. He showed me my labs. I get to stop the iron ! Yay! I get the infusion on Thursday, it will take 4-5 hours! He said that should help, then we will monitor. Labs 2 weeks later, 2 months and then an appt. he said it might be something we have to do twice a year.

I mentioned Dr Becky. He said I know she's gone! I told him how lost I was because she started this and had been my dr for so long. I'm not normal. He laughed and said you are a little complicated and need someone like her! She acted like an internal medicine dr. He pulled a website, show 3 drs, said they are all wonderful! They can and will be able to take care of you! I go to them!
So that's it...... I love him and I'm going to call them.

Ladybug2680
10-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Good evening ladies. I had all intentions of having a good week (food wise) and while it hasn't been horrible it hasn't been great. I've got to learn to plan and then follow through with the plan.

Susan - Glad you get to stop the iron. Hopefully your new doctor will be able to care for you the way you need to be cared for.

Maureen - Hope you weren't too tired by the afternoon.

Ladybug2680
10-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Weighed in this morning and I'm happy to report I'm down 2#. Woot woot. :carrot:

auntie
10-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Yay Dori! Good job!

No school tomorrow! Yay! Pat took off! Then my student is out Tuesday. I'm out for my infusion on Thursday. Homecoming is Friday, so it will be crazy!

Next week I go to the knee doctor. I'm falling apart. My partial replacement knee is hurting and keeping me up at night! It's been almost 7 years since it's been checked, I was suppose to go back at 5 years. Just a little late.

Tina
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi all,
How are we doing? I do not want to get on the scales for at least a week. Larry and I went away for a few days of vacation and I ate. :o
It's back to water, water, water.

Dori, we can do this!
Maureen, have you been able to walk home?
Jeanne, how is your mil
Susan, did you have a reaction from the infusion? Which homecoming are you attending?
Tammy, how are you!

Ladybug2680
10-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Boy, this week was not a good week. I don't think I stayed OP any day. Whew. Stress tends to bring out my bad habits. However, I know I can do this. I went to Zumba this morning for the first time in about a month. It felt great getting back at it. I plan on going at least 3 times a week if not more. This week I want to work on staying OP and increasing my fruits and veggies. We'll see what happens.

Tina
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Happy Monday! It's a beautiful and cooler day.

Let's all watch what we eat. Get out there and walk, if only for 10 minutes.

Ladybug2680
10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Everything was good until dinner time. Oy vey! I have got to plan my meals and stick to it. I did get my water and exercise in though. :)

maureen kempster
10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I know what you mean Dori - I'm okay at work then I get home. so far today I've mean good - day one down again - let's see if I can get to good food days in a row. I weighed myself and I've managed to gain 20 pounds in the last year!!! this is not a good thing. Tina I agree we should just get up and get moving - we can do it

Tina
10-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Okay,

I'm going to focus on a healthy supper. :).
We can do this!

Tina
10-31-2013, 11:49 AM
:haphal:

:haphal:

Ladybug2680
11-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Weigh in was today and I'm down 1.2#. Time to kick it into full gear. This weekend was a bit crazy. Samuel was sick yesterday and last night Teresa started complaining with her stomach and by night's end she was in a lot of pain. I kept an eye on her all night and this morning she seems to be back to her normal self. Thank you Lord for answering prayers. I had plans for going to church, but I'm going to allow them to recuperate and stay here at home.

maureen kempster
11-03-2013, 09:45 AM
good morning everyone
congratulations on the 1.2 down Dori - way to go
Tina - how's your weather? it's starting to feel like winter is coming soon. at least it's sunny today and really not that cold out. I'll enjoy it- Our semi annual national awards dinner/training and management retreat is over until April!! there were a few glitches but on the whole it went really well. went to a concert last night with my sister in law to see Rufus Wainwright - what a talent - after a long day of retreat doings it was nice to relax listening to him-
let's all have a great day we're worth it

maureen

Tina
11-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Good Morning

As Americans, today ia our opportunity to get out and vote! Please, go vote!

Maureen, when do y'all vote?

:flow1:

Tina
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
It's Wednesday---how are we doing?
Dori, I hope your children are all well now and you didn't catch it. You can stay OP!!!
Maureen, I am sure your awards dinner/retreat went well with you taking care of things. Now you can rest.
Jeanne, please post!
Tammy, how are you?????
Our fall weather was short-lived. That's my Texas! Okay, I've got to come up with a healthy and tastey supper. :)

maureen kempster
11-08-2013, 05:34 AM
good morning all
it's Friday!!! and we have a long weekend - after last weekend I'm really looking forward to it - I was going to go to a WW meeting a few weekends ago and didn't but I'm promising myself I'll be there tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get back on track - hope everyone's well

let's have a great day we're worth it

Tina
11-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Good morning!
It's going to be a beautiful Sunday.
Dori, how is your family feeling? I hope you didn't catch it. Are you getting in any exercise? I'm going to do better on that this week.

Maureen, enjoy your long weekend! Any new smoothie recipes??????
Do you ever fix strawberry smoothies? I would like to make one.

How's everyone else?????

maureen kempster
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
good afternoon all

Tina, ends up I'll be going in tomorrow - just myself & the receptionist - it's only the government & banks that will be closed - so I'll get next monday off - it'll be very quiet so I'll be able to get a lot done - I went to a meeting yesterday and I'm almost back to the weight I was when I first started ww's about a hundred years ago - it was a wake up call - so I'm back - at least for today

hope you all are having a great sunday

Tina
11-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Morning!!!!!

I'm still looking for fruit smootie recipes. Oh, I don't care about protein powder, if that matters. :)
Maureen, I'm sorry you had to work, afterall. But you will have some time off.

Dori, how are you doing????

Don't laugh, we are having almost freezing weather. Yea! It feels so good.

Tina
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I hope we all have a great week !!!!

Jeanne, we cannot wait for Anna!

:turkey:

maureen kempster
11-19-2013, 05:40 AM
good morning all

back to work today after a 3 day weekend - the week should go by pretty fast-I'm trying hard to stick to program and I think I'm doing okay - we'll see at weigh in-I went and checked out Curves yesterday - there's one just a block away from me - has anyone here ever gone to them. I'm going to try it out for a month. I have an appointment at 6:30 this evening with a trainer. we'll see
anyway let's all have a great day

Tina
11-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Morning!

Maureen, I have thought about trying Curves. There's one near our old house. Let me know what you think.
Oh, I think Susan did Curves, a few years ago.

Happy Tuesday

Tina
11-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Congratulations, Jeanne......a new grandma!!!!!!! :dance:

Tina
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
What's cooking in your kitchen for Thanksgiving? :)

Tina
12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Well, this is s very quiet thread now. Facebook has taken away lots of discussion. That's sad.:( :(

I've been trying hard to lose 3 pounds. This is a really hard time of year, isn't it!

Everyone stay warm and drink your water.

maureen kempster
12-04-2013, 05:47 AM
good morning
Tina, I've managed to gain almost if not, 20 lbs in the last 6 months!!! I'm so depressed about it - I'm really trying to watch what I eat but I find when I get home it's really hard!!! no excuses either because I'm by myself - the last of my holidays are coming up shortly - I'm on vacation starting 23rd and go back to work on January 6-so for 7 vacation days I manage to be off for 16 days - this includes weekends and Christmas holidays. I'm not going anywhere but will be having my brother, his wife & son and my sister over for Christmas. It's going to be nice being off. looking forward to it

well, let's have a great day we're worth it

Becky Quilts
12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi, mind if I drop through?

I ordered a new cross-stitch to keep my hands busy. Hopefully that will keep me from snacking at night (big downfall!)

Day 3 back on program, I need to stay ahead of the holidays and get this last bit of weight off!

I am married with 2 little ones. I work (as does hubby). I make lifetime between having my babies but am having the hardest time losing the last bit here.

Tina
12-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi all,
It's a new day and that means we have chance to stay OP today. :dance:

Becky, welcome to the thread. We're so happy to have you. :hug: Wow, cross-stitch is a great idea. I've got some needlepoint to begin and this is a very good time of year. :lol:

Maureen, we can do this! It's sooooo easy to eat without realizing or caring about the number of points. Go get lots of healthy veggies and snacks.

Jeanne, Susan, Tammy, how are y'all ?

:wreath:

Tina
12-11-2013, 11:48 PM
It's almost Christmas. I hope we can get in aome exercising between now and then

maureen kempster
12-12-2013, 05:51 AM
good morning all

it sure is getting here fast Tina - what do you and your family do for Christmas? I'm staying in town so I'll have a brother & his wife and one of my sisters over for dinner. Tomorrow I'm going to Toronto for their branch Christmas dinner - I make all the bookings for the dinners for all our branches so my boss said I could go to this one!!! he actually gave me the day off too so I'm taking the train there and back - the dinner's tomorrow evening so I'm staying over night and coming back on saturday evening - maybe get some shopping done in toronto. Haven't taken the train in almost 5 years - will be relaxing - it takes about 3 hours - should be fun.

have a great day everyone

Tina
12-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Wow, Maureen, that is so great about your trip and the dinner. You do ao much work that it's nice to be appreciated. I haven't been on a train in years. It does sound relaxing.
Christmas--We stay here. We always went to Mother's and now meet at my sister's house. I guess we will keep doing that. Larry,David and I have our morning tree and breakfast before going. My sister and I share the cooking.
Have a good time and I want to hear all about it.

How is everyone else doing?????

Tina
12-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Good morning!

Who will have a white Christmas?
Don't forget to exercise

maureen kempster
12-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Tina we're getting lots of snow right now and I suspect that Marion was hit with the storm also. Our train was late getting out of Toronto yesterday by an hour but I'm glad I decided to go that way and not fly all the flights were cancelled!!

have a great day

Tina
12-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Would someone PLEASE remove all the cookies from my house !!!!!
Larry brought home gifts from work. The ladies that work for him are great bakers. :)

maureen kempster
12-21-2013, 07:24 AM
good morning

is everyone ready for Christmas? I think I am as far as gifts go - will pick up a turkey today maybe do a bit of baking-I'm now off work until January 6 - I'm so happy!! We're getting hit with a lot of snow - hope the driving won't be too bad today - just going to do what I have to and come home and stay put

have a great day

Tina
12-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Maureen, that's great about your vacation. :dance:
I need to take the turkey breast out of the freezer.

Tina
12-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Maureen, were you able to go get your turkey?
I baked sand tarts and cranberry/orange bread. Next are peanut butter blossoms, with the Hershey Kisses, for Larry and David. I stay away from those yummy things! :lol:

maureen kempster
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
yes Tina - I found a turkey yesterday - I only have my fridge freezer so had to wait 'til the last minute - it's in my fridge - I'm going to clean my kitchen and maybe do a bit of baking too - what are peanut butter blossoms? if it's an easy recipe maybe I could give it a try

take care and enjoy the day

Tina
12-22-2013, 05:03 PM
I can send the recipe or you can go buy Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix, in a packet. There is a recipe on the packet. You cook peanut butter cookies until ALMOST done then put a Hersheys Kiss candy on each cookie and bake a little longer. With the packet, you don't have to mix all the ingredients. Let me know if you want the original recipe!

maureen kempster
12-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm lazy Tina I'll pick up the mix!!! lol

Tina
12-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Maureen, today I made the peanut butter blossom cookies, from the mix. They are TOO good. :lol: :lol:

Have a very Merry Christmas, my friend.

maureen kempster
12-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Good morning

I hope everyone's ready for Christmas - time to relax - I really will have to wash my floors - I always leave things to the last minute - I work better under pressure!! lol- not too much to do today - I'm fighting off a cold - it's just there ready to hit - drinking lots of water chug-a-lugging cough medicine - it's that dry cough - at my age that cough is just not fun!!!

if I'm not back here for a bit I wish you all a very Merry & Safe Christmas with your loved ones - enjoy

maureen

Tina
12-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Happy Saturday before the new year...

Well, I made it to the gym on Thursday and Friday. It was a start to better health, after eating sweets, etc. :lol:

Anyone make resolutions?

Maureen, I'm sure you're enjoying your vacation.

Tina
12-31-2013, 11:49 AM
:elf:
Everyone have a safe New Year's Eve

and

Happy New Year !!!!!!

:newyear: