Old 07-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Attention Lurkers: We love you, come post. :)

That's right, I'm talkin' to you!

There's nothing less fun than coming back to the boards after a day and a half and seeing that I'm still the last poster on the latest three threads. (No one needs that much me. ) This board used to be a lot more action-packed with a lot more people involved, and something tells me it just needs a little boost. The more people who are engaging, the more people will WANT to engage, and the more fun it gets!

Haven't posted before? Do it! Chime in, tell your story, ask for advice, GIVE some advice, we love it all!

There's nothing better in your weight loss journey than the awesome support of lots of other ladies, and the more of us there are, the better the vibe!

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-23-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #2  

first post - you've inspired me! i've been reading for a while but haven't really known when to "jump in" if ya know what i mean
michellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Couldn't agree more Jelbb!! This board is pretty slow... And YAY! to Michellio for coming out of the dark! Welcome! Can't wait to hear your story!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/263/175

Height: 5'6"

OK, I'll post! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... the sun is shining, and it's not too humid... yet!
I started SB 2 wks ago and am going strong. I've only had one day where I wanted to throw the veggies out the window. So I went to the store and found new veggies that I have not had in a while. How long has it been since you've had Jicama? Or an orange pepper instead of a green one?
The hardest thing for me this week it the exercise. I have not been able to convince myself that it has to be done on a regular basis. I used to go to the gym almost every day. I have to get back to the right mindset .
How did you get yourself to exercise, and what do you do?

Last edited by Chilibean; 07-23-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Chilibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #5  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

It seems like a lot of the boards are slow lately.

I'm Tasha. I lost the first 60-ish lbs with WW, now I use FitBit Flex + MyFitnessPal. I am in week 7 day 2 of C25K. This week I have discovered Yoplait Smoothies and I am in love.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilibean View Post
OK, I'll post! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... the sun is shining, and it's not too humid... yet!
I started SB 2 wks ago and am going strong. I've only had one day where I wanted to throw the veggies out the window. So I went to the store and found new veggies that I have not had in a while. How long has it been since you've had Jicama? Or an orange pepper instead of a green one?
The hardest thing for me this week it the exercise. I have not been able to convince myself that it has to be done on a regular basis. I used to go to the gym almost every day. I have to get back to the right mindset .
How did you get yourself to exercise, and what do you do?
I honestly cannot remember the last time I had jicama, but I LOVE the different colored peppers, they are great in eggs good for you for going to the store for new veggies instead of saying screw it!!

exercise can be tough for me too, I find I have to make it nonnegotiable and have a time I have to have it done by or else I just keep saying "oh i'll do it later" and never get it done.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #7  

Maybe it helped to post it... just did 1/2 hr on the treadmill
Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Jelbb- You're more than welcome to join our Halloween challenge! We'd love to have you!

PS that goes for everyone else too!

Summertime is my least favorite time to come on 3FC since it's so slow but admittedly in the past, I'd be one of those who disappeared and came back around fall or around the time school starts.

Last edited by amandie; 07-23-2013 at 01:11 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 375.5/362.5/165

Height: 5ft3

This is my first post and I have "lurked' for awhile, I guess I do not know where to start. I haven't even planned out a plan yet. I just know, if I keep on doing what I have always done the results will be the same (200 lbs) overweight. It took me awhile just to think of a log on name, I was going to use Lala 365 but I figured it all starts with changing my mindset and rather than punishing myself for being overweight I should have hope that I can reach my goal of 165 and keep that in the forefront of my mind.
Lala165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #10  
Queen Yo-yo

WELCOME, michellio! So glad to have you! Please jump into any and all threads you want to, I'm super pumped to hear what brought you here, and where you're going!

Chilibean:
Oh dear lord, I don't even know what a jicama is...! I'm so unimaginative on the veggie-front. No idea WHAT SB is, but since it sounds veggie-heavy, I'm impressed. You go woman! I'm just trying to choke down a kale salad and reminding myself how good it is for me.
The only thing that's managed to get me going to exercise, and going REGULARLY is nabbing two like-minded coworkers, and all three of us getting groupons for the local spin club. We take spin classes together at lunch time, and when two people don't want to go... well, one person is usually raring enough or LOUD enough to convince the other two to get their asses in gear.
But since you used to go frequently... you know that once you go three to five times in a row, you feel so accomplished that it starts to feel damn good to get your butt to the gym. Good luck lady, lemme know if you start getting into the groove!

Pupmom:
Oooh, kickass on the Couch-to-5k! I started that, but it turns out my achilles tendonitis is not fond of me running (boo-urns). And CONGRATS on the 60 lbs lost, and holy crap you are close to "onederland" woman! Can't wait for you to hit that milestone so we can all congratulate/carrot ya!

pnkrckpixikat:
I am the only one who hasn't tried this vegetable...!? I'm googling it.

And... I'm the same. Set a non-negotiable schedule, plan things, get your gym gear in a bag WELL before you have to, so you can't make the excuse of "running late"... I do that way too often.

Chilibean again:
WAYTOGOWOMAN!!!!
It totally does help to post it. Makes you feel more accountable when people out in cyberspace are sitting there going, "Did that Chilibean work out today? And if she worked out, I can TOTALLY work out!"

Amandie:
I'm in!!!! Will post there next!
And... hmm. I guess most people push for weight-loss pre-summer? Trying to get their bikini bods? I'm much more reactive. Summer comes, I have to try to put on a pair of shorts and walk around in 100-degree weather, and suddenly the extra weight is VERY apparent.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #11  

LaLa,
It took me a while to think of a name, so I picked something I liked!
You'll get a lot of good encouragement here just by lurking! Good luck with your journey!
Jelbb, Go find a Jicama and try it! You'll like it!!

Last edited by Chilibean; 07-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala165 View Post
This is my first post and I have "lurked' for awhile, I guess I do not know where to start. I haven't even planned out a plan yet. I just know, if I keep on doing what I have always done the results will be the same (200 lbs) overweight. It took me awhile just to think of a log on name, I was going to use Lala 365 but I figured it all starts with changing my mindset and rather than punishing myself for being overweight I should have hope that I can reach my goal of 165 and keep that in the forefront of my mind.
Wo-man. WELCOME. Soooo proud of you for kick-starting your journey just by posting! I'm telling you, the wonderful wonderful women here are a great way to start.
Whether it be figuring out a plan of attack, or getting motivation to get started! And trust me dahling, you're not the only one here who has a bad habit of beating yourself up for where you've been. Which is not only totally defeatus, but also extremely harmful to your psyche! Instead of focusing on the number you were at, focus on how every small step you take brings you closer to that 165 number! And it's not a matter of "hope." We'll get you there. Just gotta stick around and let us ladies know when you're struggling. Even if you just need a:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 375.5/362.5/165

Height: 5ft3

Thanks Jelbb that means a lot to know the struggle is not solely my own but there are others who can relate. I guess in some way my plan was to start somewhere even if it is admitting I need to start somewhere!!
Lala165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #14  
Queen Yo-yo

Oh, that's the magic of this place. It reminds you daily that you're not alone. For an added push of inspiration, check out the "Goal!" photo album. It reminds you of what can be done when you put your mind to it. And really... when you're feeling like you're at rock-bottom, it's much more of a mental push than anything else to get yourself going.

A good way to start, for me, is always planning one single day of meals out (planning meals in advance, even if it's just an hour before is the BEST way to approach eating, simply because once you're already hungry, it's hella harder to make healthy choices. If you already have a lunch of lean meat and veggies and fruit for dessert planned out... you just have to follow through!), and fit in a walk somewhere. That's it. Not even necessarily like a gym-clothes power-walk, but just chuckin' the headphones on and heading out in jeans, get the heart rate up a teensy bit, and just know that you're doing more than you did yesterday.

You'll be surprised at how good you feel after completing that one day of healthy living... and I always feel damn proud of myself. It helps motivate you to do it again on day two. And believe me... it's shocking how fast the results show up on the scale at the beginning! And nothing is more motivating that THAT.

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

I think a lot of people have vacations/kids home/just too busy in the summer, I know I had more time at the beginning, things always just seem to be GO GO GO all summer. I just got back from over a 2 week lull, and 9 pound weight gain (I drank...A LOT)...but like I thought, it wasn't as big of a deal as it could have been. One day being totally back on plan lost me 6 pounds.

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Amandie, I think I'm going to look at that challenge too...I need a good challenge to get me back on track right now ;0
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote