Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrhic View Post
Thanks for the reply In a general sense, I'm hoping to open a farm but as a side shot of that I want to start a program to help young offenders, young addicts and children who are socially at-risk whereby they will be able to have some rehabilitation, learn new work skills, training and be offered working placements to try and break the cycle of re-offending. I'm excited to get it all started.
Oh what kind of farm? That sounds like a very interesting plan! Will you be teaching them agricultural skills then? Will the children have housing on the farm as well, or will they travel back and forth?
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 174.3/169.0/115 (-5.3)

Height: 4' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davikatl16 View Post
Firstly, Welcome!
Second, there is nothing wrong with you, you are just starting off. Like first we get to the point where we want to change, what we don't realize is that change is a process. Finding workout motivation is one of those things that (from my experience) just comes with a lot of trial and error. Just one day instead of doing something (like going on facebook/twitter/pinterest) I decided to put on some music and do a few things that I had learned in gym class.

After realizing that I could easily find time to workout in privacy (I don't like crowds) I got into a habit of doing it for a few days and feeling great. It really does give you more energy. If you find working out difficult, you could attempt to go on family walks. When I was younger my mom used to take my sisters and I out walking around the neighborhood before/while she had dinner cooking. How old are your children?
Thank you! I am really considering joining the Y, but I also have access to a gym for free at school. It's really silly that I don't go. With the semester starting back soon, I'll be on campus almost every day and I am determined to just fit it in.

I actually really like working out, but I feel pretty silly on the machines. Once I learn how to use them, then I do ok, but I get embarrassed trying to use ones I never have before. Also, I have no idea how to use any of the strength training stuff and I know that's important too.

Going on walks with the kiddos is a great idea too. They're 9, 7, 6, 4 and 2. The younger ones would love it if I put them in the double stroller and even just went around the block. I think the key for me is going to be to stop making excuses and to just get off my butt and do it!
PurlQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurlQueen View Post
Thank you! I am really considering joining the Y, but I also have access to a gym for free at school. It's really silly that I don't go. With the semester starting back soon, I'll be on campus almost every day and I am determined to just fit it in.

I actually really like working out, but I feel pretty silly on the machines. Once I learn how to use them, then I do ok, but I get embarrassed trying to use ones I never have before. Also, I have no idea how to use any of the strength training stuff and I know that's important too.

Going on walks with the kiddos is a great idea too. They're 9, 7, 6, 4 and 2. The younger ones would love it if I put them in the double stroller and even just went around the block. I think the key for me is going to be to stop making excuses and to just get off my butt and do it!
Have you tried looking up videos on youtube? If you find out the names of the machines, there is a good chance someone has made a how to video for their usage.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #64  
fatty

S/C/G: 272/202.8/119

Height: 5'7

ive fell off so hard its not even funny. i havent yet started back.. but ive come back here to get some motivation. let me go look at these before and after pictures. brb
destyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:09 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

I've been lurking around the forum the last couple days I've introduced myself on a couple boards so far but I guess I may as well do it here too! :P All the lurking has really motivated me to get healthy, lots of inspiration!

My name is Kayla. I'm 25 years old + I'm from Massachusetts.

I reached my highest weight in November 2011 which was 330. I'm at 266 right now. My weight loss has been pretty slow and has gone up and down over the last year and a half. Right now I'm feeling really motivated to stick with it and get down to my goal weight of around 150 or so.

I have hashimoto's & metabolic syndrome (diagnosed in my teens) and have recently started seeking therapy for some mental health issues (which impact my ability to lose weight imo.) So all around I'm just trying to get my life together.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #66  

Height: 5'8''

Hi, gals. 25 from Charlotte here.

I NARROWLY escaped scarfing down 2000+cals at BK today. BF went to BK, I stayed home and made a HUGE salad. Aww yiss. I just need to repeat that for dinner, lol!
FatCroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #67  

I used to lurk to this board and try to post but there was no activity so I left. Hoping to find better support now!
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/250/170

Height: 5'0

Default Saying Hello :)

This is my first day on this site and I must say, there is ALOT going on in one place. I'm hoping to connect to a group considering there are so many forums out there.
My name is Quanza, I'm 22, 23 next month September 13th. I am a full time student; I work full time, and have a part time internship. My bad eating habits are a direct result of my crazy schedule and it’s where I need the most help. I don’t eat bad foods, sometimes I am moving so much throughout the day, that I am just not eating at all. I believe my body has gotten used to being in starvation mode and the lack of sleep is certainly not helping me either. I really need support to get through turning my life around and being a healthier me.
-Quanza
qwatkins913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #69  

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!
I am so very glad that we have new people who are joining us on these forums! I hope to get to know you all better over the next few weeks! Please start posting in the threads here and joining challenges (they are a lot of fun!).
Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #70  

I'm going to be pretty busy this next month, so I'm worried how that will affect my eating and working out, but I really need to find time to devote an hour to myself each day no matter what and do something fun.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/250/170

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirlamy View Post
I'm going to be pretty busy this next month, so I'm worried how that will affect my eating and working out, but I really need to find time to devote an hour to myself each day no matter what and do something fun.
This is exactly what I am worried about. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for one hour for the past 6 weeks and I am very proud of myself, but at the end of the month I will be going back to a full time job, I work for the school system, full time course work with school, plus a 16hour a week internship. Some of my days can be anywhere between 11 and 13 hour days and I am so worried I’m going to fall into bad habits again, not just with my health, but with doing things for me in general. I found myself burning out last semester and it can be very rough on your mind and body.

Last edited by qwatkins913; 08-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
qwatkins913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 162/161/135

Hey everyone, I'm going to jump on here too! I'm 25 and have tried WW probably at least 10 times in the past. Great program, it's been me that hasn't put my full effort into it. I'm determined this time will be different. Looks like a lot of great motivation here. Can't wait to work together with you all!
Emerald8702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald8702 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm going to jump on here too! I'm 25 and have tried WW probably at least 10 times in the past. Great program, it's been me that hasn't put my full effort into it. I'm determined this time will be different. Looks like a lot of great motivation here. Can't wait to work together with you all!
Hey Emerald! The women in my family have nearly all done some form of WW over the past decade or so. Welcome to 3FC! There is a ton of wonderful people here that are super supportive!