Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Height: 5'6"

Default got really great help here a few weeks ago but slipped into old VERY neative thoughts

Hey there... probably like many people that come here I had a great positive first time out...but very shortly after I let old negative thinking and self talk and laziness (to be 100% honest) take over for me AGAIN....it just got to be overwhelming...all the boards and people who really seemed to be on the ball...
I SO VERY MUCH want to be one if these great ladies that is taking care of herself and helping others do the same...
I guess I'm looking for someone to maybe help get me going on a plan and get some support
I'm desperate and will continue to be so if I dont do something about it...but this fat chick is looking for some real help
hopesfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

You can do this! Just take it one day at a time! Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I work with drug addicts and alcoholics and as I tell them all the time - "No one has ever paid the price for their thoughts, only their behavior!"

I still have negative thoughts from time to time, but it is only when I ACT on these thoughts that I get into trouble.

So let those thoughts come in your head and then let them go. Fake it until you make it!

When I weighed 344 pounds, I KNEW there was no way I would ever lose weight. And yet here I sit, less then 2 weeks away from maintaining a 225 pound weight loss for 1 year!

You can do this!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #4  

Wow...Jen you are inspiring and good advice for my negative thinking...its been a problem for a very long time
and thank you muzzy...i hope i will do this...congratulations on your 60 lb loss!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Hope - You can do this... just hang in there!!!

I am nearly 50 years old and I am finally working on me instead of raising my son and working on my education. I started counting my calories and walking/exercising every day and it truly has made a difference. Yes, I have days where I don't want to eat right or don't want to exercise but then I remember that I am doing this for me and for my health and that is important to me.

We can do this together! Just let me know if you ever need anyone to talk to. I will be happy to listen.
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #7  

Pam- you're the former Miss Lazy ...I remember you from when I first found this place...I remember saying I love that and want to be a former miss lazy too!!!...I recently got real honest and admitted to myself that I'm lazy...I hate it that I'm that way..maybe that should be one of my first goals...to be less lazy then maybe the hard work of improving my life will follow
Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfull View Post
Pam- you're the former Miss Lazy ...I remember you from when I first found this place...I remember saying I love that and want to be a former miss lazy too!!!...I recently got real honest and admitted to myself that I'm lazy...I hate it that I'm that way..maybe that should be one of my first goals...to be less lazy then maybe the hard work of improving my life will follow
I am glad that you got some incentive from me! I enjoy helping in any way I can. It really was not that long ago that I was very lazy... LOL... I truly have to fight it daily...

The main thing I have done is walked/exercised for the past 46 days straight or the last 55 out of 57 days... some days I walk 3 miles while others I might only walk 1.5 miles... but it averages out to be about 2 miles a day... this has made a huge impact on me and my life this summer for some reason... Now I just don't want to miss my walk... plus I am signed up for 2 more 5Ks so I need to walk to get into better shape for that...

I know you can do this!!! We can do it together!!! I am here if you need to vent or need moral support! Just holler at me!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #9  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I wonder if you're lazy or tired? At 300+, I think most of us start out feeling pretty tired.

As Pam's post suggests, exercise can be energizing. Even if you only move 5 minutes more today than yesterday, that's a step in the right direction.

Also, do you get enough sleep? Not getting enough sleep was definitely one of my problems in the years I struggled the most.

As far as an overall plan, I think most of us are hesitant to prescribe whatever we're doing for others, because I think we all know that finding a plan that works for *you* is important. I've been doing Weight Watchers online; in previous attempts at weight loss I had some success with calorie counting.

Another simple thing you can do is make a commitment to come here and post every day. Find a daily discussion thread where you feel comfortable and check in every day, whether you're having a good day or a bad day. We all have both, and we have to learn not to let one bad day throw us off track.

I have a long way to go, but I know I've come a long way, too--almost 50 pounds off since Christmas. This week I've been able to jog for 60 seconds, which was something that 6 months ago I would have thought I could never do again.

The point is--it IS possible. You CAN do it. Take a positive step today and come tell us what it was so we can cheer for you!

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 07-16-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #10  

Thank y'all so much for the feedback...

vortex I did do something positive today!!! several things actually...the most important of which was to sign up to my fitness pal...I think that's going to be my "plan" for accountability....cause I already know what I should be eating but I will feel accountable to myself with that...and I also swam 12 laps at the local pool...and last I had already decided I would devote some part of my day to this site...

now I just got to find the threads I'm comfortable in... I guess I should just really spend some time getting to know the threads and people in them and it'll come to me...do y'all have any suggestions
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #11  

Oh and Pam how would I get in touch with you if I wanted to...would that be in a thread or some other way...not sure how that works...

I think I might like to tho so I can talk to someone that gets my weight issues ...I have no family or friends that have this particular problem...they all have their own special kind of crazy and I got mine...

So I tend to keep it to myself and put on the happy fun fat girl face...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #12  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I know how overwhelming it is to start as I've been there, and am still a work in progress. But when you think about it, we all are, even those that have made it goal.

I remember how exhausted I constantly was at 360 pounds. How difficult it was just to even get up out of a chair, how painful my feet would get from just standing for a few minutes, how I'd be out of breath just by walking from one end of the room to the other. People are quick to say lazy, but I'd like to see anyone bounce around with glee while having an extra 200 pounds constantly strapped to them.

I took baby steps to start out with, which seems to be what works best for a lot of people. I tried concentrating on eating a lot of veggies before anything else at every meal and getting at least a little exercise in each day, even if it was just walking. No more soda, no more added sugar. I went through horrible withdrawals, but by concentrating on just one meal at a time and getting through one day at a time, things slowly got easier. I realized I had no choice if I ever wanted to feel better. Nearly 150 pounds later, I'm still working through this one meal at a time, one day at a time, one routine at a time. And you can do it too! Look for the positive in everything. Set yourself goals (even small ones!) and write them down; make sure you include plenty of NSV (non scale victory) goals and turn it into a fun game. Stick around here and do a lot of reading and posting. Every step in the right direction, even the teeniest of baby steps, will bring you closer to better health. Do whatever it takes to stay accountable (we all find different methods that work best for us), and your new MFP account is a great start.

And most importantly, be kind to yourself. We've all been there, we all know how hard it can be. Which is why we're here to help . . . most of us are still finding our own path.

Last edited by Elladorine; 07-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfull View Post
Oh and Pam how would I get in touch with you if I wanted to...would that be in a thread or some other way...not sure how that works...

I think I might like to tho so I can talk to someone that gets my weight issues ...I have no family or friends that have this particular problem...they all have their own special kind of crazy and I got mine...

So I tend to keep it to myself and put on the happy fun fat girl face...
I so know what you mean about that "Happy fun fat girl face." I have put that face on so many times. I sent you a private message just let me know if you didn't get it.

PS great pic! It's nice to see who you are talking to. I guess I need to upload one of me!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #14  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I think CherryPie99 said it once: Progress not perfection.

And I echo vortex...a good sleep is important. I make better decisions when I am well rested. Turn back the covers before you go to bed each night as a gesture of love for yourself. And sidebar to this: when I found out I had sleep apnea and got it treated, that helped make a difference.

Be patient and kind and loving to yourself.

It will happen.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #15  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hope, good job for taking some first steps!

There are two daily threads here, plus some other regular ones like the life boat--you might also be interested in threads on the 100 lb club. Both groups understand what it's like to have a lot to lose.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote