Looking Good, Feeling Great - What will you do at goal?

View Full Version : What will you do at goal?

ikesgirl80
05-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Being so close to goal (about 10-15 pounds and a tummy tuck away!), I have a whole list of rewards/bucket lists stuff that I want to schedule it! I know it will take years to do EVERYTHING I want, but I figure that would be good for maintenance, right?

I may (OK, will) come back and add more and check them off as I do them! I will also upload the pictures tonight, as my work network won't let me!

1. get my tattoo (see attached pictures)
2. Sky jump http://www.stratospherehotel.com/Tower/Rides/SkyJump
3. Bungee jump
4. Cedar Point, without worrying if I fit or not https://www.cedarpoint.com/
5. Buy my first bikini and wear it proudly
6. Dance for 1 night at an adult club (unless I make a sh!t ton of money!)
7. A WHOLE day at the spa (massage, treatments, oh my!)
8. My new hair style (see attached pictures)
9. New clothes
10. Run a Marathon
11. Run the Los Angeles Marathon
12. Run a triathlon
13. Go back to Europe (my last trip was not what I wanted it to be for various reasons.
14. Visit Auschwitz
15. Meet Jillian Michaels again
16. Meet Bob Harper
17. Meet Carrot Top :carrot:
18. Six Flags Magic Mountain (last time I was there I couldn't fit on about 1/2 the stuff)
19. Belly button pierced
20. Hawaii
21. Japan
22. hiking (possibly a long distance one) Appalachian Mountains
23. hiking overseas (Alps?)
24. cross country road trip
25. Alaska to see polar bears
26. Boudoir photos
27. Run outside/at gym in tiny shorts and sports bra

PreciousMissy
05-15-2013, 11:30 AM
That is a great list! You're so close, too. Do you know which one you're going to do first?

I don't necessarily have a list of things I am going to do once I hit goal (aside from the happy dance, lol), but I do plan on buying a ridiculously expensive dress. I'm thinking that making sure it still fits so I can continue to wear it will be good motivation to not regain again.

elvislover324
05-15-2013, 11:39 AM
You didn't put in naps anywhere on your list!!

I love your list, I haven't even thought about goal yet but you inspired me. 40lbs seems so far away to me even though I have conquered so much.

You are amazing, you must feel so wonderful and a huge sense of accomplishment. It's people like you that make me want to keep going. And I'm copying some of your ideas from your list and will think of you when I check them off mine!! :)

flashfacts
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Well hello to Houston from Houston! Congrats on your loss so far, its amazing!

Haha, well my answer has been to keep questioning my goal weight, but considering I've moved from saying "maybe 5 more" to "I think just 1 more" that shouldn't last too much longer! I've started the slow process of increasing calories, so I guess I'll let my body decide now.

But as for what I'm going to do when I actually get there? Well a friend from the gym has offered to take me for dinner when I call goal. Is it strange that the biggest thing on my list is too make my goal post for here? Cause I'm super excited for that!

I may have to steal a few from you though! Especially all the roller coaster ones!

100Mother
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Hopefully, I'll get pregnant when I reach my weight loss goal :)

When I reach my fitness goal I will complete an Ironman Triathlon.

punky941
05-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Just one thing on my list. I will be buying a bikini and heading to the beach.

Mozzy
05-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm having a baby (or at least trying)

Andrea85
05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I have these huge flat moles on my back that I dislike so much!! When I reach my goal weight (10-15 more lbs), I am going to get them REMOVED! Hoping to do so at the end of the summer :)

PS HI fellow Houston gals!

luckymommy
05-15-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm going to Disneyland! ;) Just kidding. Here's my list (which is really fun to think about, so thanks for starting this thread).

In no particular order:

* Shop till I drop
* Shop till I drop
* Shop till I drop

:lol::lol::lol:

ikesgirl80
05-15-2013, 09:07 PM
You didn't put in naps anywhere on your list!!

I love your list, I haven't even thought about goal yet but you inspired me. 40lbs seems so far away to me even though I have conquered so much.

You are amazing, you must feel so wonderful and a huge sense of accomplishment. It's people like you that make me want to keep going. And I'm copying some of your ideas from your list and will think of you when I check them off mine!! :)

Elvis, although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to nap, I feel like I have napped my life away. For several years I slept close to 18 - 20 hours a day due to high insulin. However, I am sure I will nap between each item! :-)

I have these huge flat moles on my back that I dislike so much!! When I reach my goal weight (10-15 more lbs), I am going to get them REMOVED! Hoping to do so at the end of the summer :)

PS HI fellow Houston gals!

Hey Houston! I have skin tags around my eyes that I would like to have removed, but that is something that I will get done eventually, regardless of weight.

ikesgirl80
05-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Well hello to Houston from Houston! Congrats on your loss so far, its amazing!

Haha, well my answer has been to keep questioning my goal weight, but considering I've moved from saying "maybe 5 more" to "I think just 1 more" that shouldn't last too much longer! I've started the slow process of increasing calories, so I guess I'll let my body decide now.

But as for what I'm going to do when I actually get there? Well a friend from the gym has offered to take me for dinner when I call goal. Is it strange that the biggest thing on my list is too make my goal post for here? Cause I'm super excited for that!

I may have to steal a few from you though! Especially all the roller coaster ones!

Thanks Houston! lol

I know that my best friends, Ricky and Stephanie are going to want to "buffet it up" with me and the bf, so I will need to pre-plan that! I lost my first 100 pounds eating at the buffet 3 times per week, but now that I am "so little", it is hard to eat out 1-2 times a week. I am thinking I have gotten more sensitive to sodium/msg in the past year, because I've been pretty good about figuring out calories at most of our favorite places!

ikesgirl80
05-15-2013, 09:13 PM
That is a great list! You're so close, too. Do you know which one you're going to do first?

I don't necessarily have a list of things I am going to do once I hit goal (aside from the happy dance, lol), but I do plan on buying a ridiculously expensive dress. I'm thinking that making sure it still fits so I can continue to wear it will be good motivation to not regain again.

Probably bikini and new clothes. Several of them will have to wait at least a year due to money or medical constraints... (don't think my surgeon would like me bungee jumping 3-4 weeks after surgery!)

I like the dress idea. But I don't know where I would wear it???? I never go anywhere fancy and I avoid wedding/baby stuff at all costs!

Vex
05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Why wait until you lose weight? Why not start the bucket list NOW? You shouldn't have to lose weight in order to be rewarded with living life.

ikesgirl80
05-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Why wait until you lose weight? Why not start the bucket list NOW? You shouldn't have to lose weight in order to be rewarded with living life.

A couple reasons:

I'm having 10 - 15 pounds of skin removed in exactly 3 weeks, and 99% of it is coming off of my stomach. So I don't want get my tatoo, because I don't know where it will be (or cut off) in 3 weeks. Same with clothes. I am a XL/13 now, and my surgeon predicts I'll be a M/9 when all is said and done.

All the adventurous stuff has to wait until I heal, and I am a teacher, so basically I work, get 2 days off, go in for surgery.

And money is a huge constraint on all the traveling. I am borrowing $15,000 from my mom and brother to pay for the surgery, and I still owe my brother a ton of money, as he bailed me out (credit cards, moving fees, newer car, etc.) after my divorce.

The only ones I could do NOW are 7 and 8 (spa and hair), but I am going to be recovering the entire summer, and want to get my hair done right before the start of the new school year in August.

I could also do 15-17, but there is money constraints that go along with the traveling, unless I win a meeting, which trust me, if I hear of something, I do it!

NorthernChick13
05-16-2013, 04:36 PM
This is such a fantastic thread! Thank you for posting, Ikesgirl!

I'm going to buy a bikini and take a photo of me at the beach, standing...full view! Of course, in the photo I'll pretend like I don't even know the pic is being taken...ahaahaha

I will go running in a sports bra on a hot sweaty day and be glistening with awesomeness and I'll pretend it's no big deal.

If my foot injury heals, i'll run the Midnight Sun Fun Run in Inuvik, NWT, which takes place in our 24 hour daylight!

And lastly, I will go back to the canoe and kayak school I used to work at and my old dragon boat team to once again be comfy walking around in shorts and a bikini top. I always wanted to be sport-chic, not sexy-chic. I know it sounds lame, but I want to just...go back and prove that even though I was the cool, somehwat fit and somewhat overweight paddler, now I am the BAD @ss*, fit as sh*t paddler!

OH and I will have an ostentatious, champagne-coloured, pick-up ridden, strapless wedding gown. I want it used and inexpensive but i want it fabulous :D

bethFromDayton
05-16-2013, 04:53 PM
I can't think of anything I'm waiting until goal to do. I'll buy clothes, of course, but I buy clothes now. I'll travel--but we travel now.

One thing I may do when I reach about 180 is start riding my motorcycle again--and maybe my bicycle as well. I don't feel "balanced" on either one at this weight (especially since my bicycle is a 30 year old lightweight racer 10-speed). The only reason I'm waiting for weight loss is because I think I'll feel more stable with less of me.

Interesting to know I don't have a reward 'goal' for reaching goal.

Novus
05-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Such a fabulous list of goal rewards, ikesgirl80. You're gonna have so much fun checking them all off! :D

Radiojane
05-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Boudoir photos!

thnknthin1
05-19-2013, 07:25 PM
My husband and I have been talking for months now about going on an exotic trip somewhere. He has been doing this journey with me the whole time and he has lost approximately 90lbs as well! We have been wanting to reward ourselves with a nice getaway (just the two of us, no kids) which is something we have never done alone. :)

PatLib
05-19-2013, 08:29 PM
EAT! Just kidding, I sort of want to sky dive. I once called to see how much it would cost only to discover I weighed too much to do the tandem skydiving. Which, as you can imagine, stung!

energie
05-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Run in tiny shorts and a sports bra.

ikesgirl80
05-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Boudoir photos!

Oh, I forgot that one!

Run in tiny shorts and a sports bra.

And that one too! Will be adding these!

You can go check out pinterest for lots of tattoo options! :) It's a really great site!!! most of them are modern.. :D

I actually had an idea of what I wanted years ago, but figured I'd never lose the weight. Now that I have, 3 of my friends have helped me decide on the one I want and design it too! It has very symbolic meaning for me, it's a reminder tattoo, not one for fun. I have no desire to get a tattoo just because it's pretty/cool. The pain is not worth it! The pain of this tattoo is going to be a reminder of the pain it took to succeed, which is the ONLY pain I'm willing to endure! lol

Roo2
05-22-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm already at goal! And for me I am living my life as my old self ...that has been set free after a wrongful conviction!

I am driving down the road and feel like the hands of time have rolled back and I feel like I did when I was a teenager. So much more comfortable in my own skin Then when I was overweight. I felt like I was trapped in a body that was not my own ..and did not reflect who I was....
Can not believed I dragged around what was an extra person on my poor body!
So I no longer fear mirrors and no longer dread seeing people that knew me before I gained all the weight.
I am not self conscious when going out in public... Even though I am still shy..and do not like to draw attention to myself...ever.
So now when I step out the house I am not trying to avoid having the neighbors see me.
I am willing to try new things.... And not fearful of being the fattest mom when taking my kids places.

seize the day
06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Like many of you:

-I am going to buy new clothes
-Wear a bikini proudly
-Run in a sports bra and shorts
-Hopefully compete in a 10 mile run, and/or obstacle course based run
-take lots of pictures!

tehshort1
06-10-2013, 10:36 PM
I have a small list of stuff I've been wanting to do:

*Boudair photos! Naughty x-rated fun for my hubby's eyes only! No peeking!
*Professional photos of my husband and I (Had some done back in 2008 and both of us were at our heaviest - want to compare since hubby has also lost now 70 pounds!
*Gir (from Invader Zim) Tattoo I've been wanting for forever!
*Visit a nude beach to say I've done it!

Jennifer1966
06-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I love reading what you all are going to do at goal! I have been so focused on losing that I haven't really thought about what I'll do when I get there. I'm going to think of 5 things I want to do when I hit goal (hopefully this fall!)

Jennifer1966
06-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Ok, here's a few things I definitely will do at goal:
1. Buy sexy lingerie.
2. Romantic weekend away with DH (and number 1)
3. Clothes, clothes, clothes
4. Look into tummy tuck and/or Botox (whichever I need more at goal)

NyxPhoenix
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Ooooh, I love all of the responses! I can tell you what I'll be doing:

1. Get my skinny clothes storage bins out of my parents' attic and play dress-up.

2. Buy a sexy new outfit and hit the dance floor!

3. Start shopping for a wedding dress.

AllyG47
06-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Here are a few of the things I want to do when I get to goal (I have a list on my computer that is much longer than this one):

6 hour Wild Cave Tour at Mammoth Cave National Park (chest/hips must measure less than 44 inches, must also be fit enough to crawl through small spaces on your belly and climb 10 foot walls)
Mule ride into the Grand Canyon (must weigh less than 200 pounds with clothes on)
Whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
Go to a Broadway play and get dressed up
Skydive
Bungee jump
Para-sail
Learn to surf
Learn to snowboard
Ride a bike from Canada to Mexico (saw a movie about a bike race along the Great Divide - it looks really hard but very rewarding once you finish.)
Scuba dive
Learn to ski (both water and snow)
Get professional photos
Hike the Appalachian Trail
Backpack through Europe
Backcountry camping in Yellowstone
Throw away all my old/fat clothes and buy all new clothes
Join a dating website
Kayak through Everglades National Park
Go on a nudist cruise (I'm not a nudist but I always thought this would be interesting to try sometime.)
Go to a waterpark in Wisconsin Dells
Get a massage at the local spa
Get a mani and a pedi (never had one done professionally - always done them myself at home)
Visit my hometown and walk around the only grocery store in town and see if anyone recognizes me. I grew up in a town of 300 people so everyone knows each other. The last time I was there was when my brother graduated h.s. in 2003 and I weighed 195.

Dottington
06-13-2013, 11:45 AM
1.boob job! :D

Honestly that's the only thing I'm waiting for :) I remember when I first started losing the list was much longer, but then I just started doing stuff on it and not caring what my weight was/is-like wearing midriff bearing tops or going backpacking.

Buffinlovin
06-13-2013, 02:20 PM
It is amazing to see what everyone is going to do :)

1. Professional photos...my fiance and I have never had professional photos taken, and we've been together almost 8 years. In fact, the first photos we take are probably going to be for our wedding invitations, or something, lol!
2. Sexy Lingerie, and naughty photos for the fiance with the aforementioned sexy lingerie ;)
3. Look into cosmetic surgery for my stretch marks, excess skin (if there is any..I'm young yet so I hope most of it will bounce back), and a boob job. I have a feeling my nice full B's are gonna shrink something fierce when I hit goal :(
4. Buy a sexy dress that I will wear to my high school reunion, and stand next to the girls who were skinny and beautiful way back when. I'm a generally happy person, so I can let bygones be bygones, but there is no doubt in my mind that I will get a little zing of happiness to see if some of those girls packed on a few pounds themselves.
5. Look into laser hair removal for some stubborn chin hairs. They are thick, they are noticeable, and they look like something an old man would have sticking out of his ears.
6. Learn to walk in heels...actual heels. I can walk in little heels, but I want to wear some of those sexy shoes with 4 inch heels and not feel like my weight is going to break them.
7. Take a pole-dancing class wearing the aforementioned heels. There is something sexy and exciting about it, and while it's not a profession I wish to join, it is a good form of exercise, I hear :)
8. Get a tattoo. A couple years ago I read a series of books by Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel Series), and the protagonist was essentially property until she earned her marque, which was a rose tattoo that started at the base of her spine to the nape of her neck, it was to symbolize the journey of earning her freedom. While I don't want to get a tattoo that large, I would like it to be that same rose tattoo to symbolize my journey, and being free of the weight that has owned me.
9. Wear jewelry more. right now I don't wear a lot unless the necklaces are longer, and the earrings are small. I don't wear bracelets because they look strange on my wrists, and I don't wear dangly earrings because my neck is short and the dangly earrings just make it look shorter, in my opinion.
10. Go into those stores designed for skinny people without feeling like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, where she gets snubbed at the clothing store. "There's nothing here for you"...well, when I hit goal, there will be :D

cantgetenoughchoc
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
1. Buy a whole new wardrobe!
2. Buy and wear a super tight body con dress. Maybe one of them with holes in the middle. And I'll go out like... every night in it :P
3. I'd like to join a sports society! I feel a bit silly going for it now, but hopefully when I'm at goal I'll LOOK sporty and people won't think I'm joking when I suggest it :P

Andee3112
06-16-2013, 11:15 AM
I will buy a Louis Vuitton Handbag besides smaller clothes of course. I just want one thing that reminds me of how long it took me to get to goal. I am saving all the money I usually spend at fast food restaurants and for weekly binges towards this handbag.

Mission Fat to Fab
06-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I want to go shopping! Even now i'm struggling NOT to go shopping even though ASOS are on sale. I really want to buy some size 22 (US size 18)clothes because I haven't been this size for the last 6 years and it feels amazing selecting this size than it does buying a size 26.

I'd love to travel to New York and spend a week shopping for smaller clothes. Trust me if you consider the prices we pay in Europe, it'll be well worth the trip.

Other things on my list are - sky diving, buying myself a chanel handbag, buying myself a pair of jimmy choos or christian louboutins for my wedding day, wearing a sexy red sari for my wedding day which shows my stomach, wearing a bikini, and most importantly, feeling healthy and happy in my own skin.

Miggy
07-06-2013, 12:42 AM
1) NEW CLOTHES
2) Swimsuit pics! :)
3) NEW CLOTHES
I have been saving all my gift cards for when I hit goal. Good thing they never expire! ^^