Old 05-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Default Pound For Pound

I know this idea must have been thought of before but when it came into my head this morning i thought what a great idea. So i thought i would share it. I'm going to put a pound for every pound in weight i lose into a jar (Not to be used for anything else!!) and when i have reached my first goal of 250 pounds i can buy myself something special or use it for a day trip somewhere or for shopping etc etc. I think that it's such a neat idea and it's something tangible that you can look at and count. Think how neat it would be to be able to take it out and count it and think wow i have lost this much weight so far. Hope someone else likes this idea.

Sam xxx
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

I like the idea quite a bit. I've discovered that it helps me stay on track and keep going to have something tangible around, as you said, something I can touch and look at to remind me of how far I've come. Not just an abstract idea or number (which is still somewhat unfathomable to me). It kind of makes this whole thing "more real".

(Plus, this money jar will come in handy when you need to update your wardrobe )

Last edited by JenteIsving; 05-01-2013 at 09:44 AM.
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #3  

Hi Jen,

I agree it does make it somehow more real to have something to touch and see, rather than it all being a mental thing (Just seeing the numbers go down on the scale). Especially at the beginning of a journey when you can't really see the loss physically. And like you said when you need to update your wardrobe you have some money to do just that.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

That is a fun idea. Unfortunately it isn't quite as word clever in the US, but I agree that having a tangible object with value could really be a great reminder.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #5  

Hi Nancy

Yes that is true, it doesn't have the same ring when using dollars. But it's still the same in theory, it doesn't matter if your using dollars, yen, pounds or rupees. 1 dollar for every pound you lose and so on. It's just something you can look at instead of a number on a scale.

Sam xxx