100 lb. Club - Didn't get to onederland again...

View Full Version : Didn't get to onederland again...

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Had my weigh in this morning, lost .2lbs. New weight 200.6lbs. I'm just so sad and stressed out. I had a good cry over it in the parking lot and had another one when I got home.

I have been perfect on plan, did all my exercise (and then some), drank so much water I could float, every single thing that I should have done. And I got nothing for it. Again.

I know you are all so positive in cheering me on, I feel like I'm disappointing you as well as myself. I'm so glad I didn't gain, I would have lost my mind. I just don't know what more I can do.

My medical team still thinks it's my hormones and cycle readjusting in my body. I bought that excuse last week (barely) but not this week. I think they are just trying to be nice to me.

I'm staying perfect on plan and trusting my body and my weightloss strategies that got me this far, but really, I want to say screw it. (I really won't go off plan as I came too far to do that, but in my heart, I'm really sad and angry. That kind of pity is also what got me up to 300+lbs).

Part of being true to myself is telling you all the results of my weigh in so I wrote up this post to you all even though I really wasn't in the mood to. I feel like listening to loud music and crying my eyes out more. Not sure what either of those are going to do but I'm NOT turning to food, no freakin' way.

Thanks for reading and supporting me like you all do, it actually helped knowing I had "someone" (i.e. YOU all!) to go home and tell all of this to. I texted with my husband (he's at work) but didn't want to overwhelm him. He'll hear enough about it tonight. :(

Daimere
04-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Just keep doing what you are doing and those .2 pounds will add up to get you over the hump! Don't give up. You can do this!

Silverfire
04-29-2013, 01:00 PM
OMG Elvis you are so freaking close! I can't even imagine how infuriating it is for you right now!

We are all proud of you and will cheer you on always! No matter how long it takes you to get to onederland!

You will be in onderland before you know it, you are doing so well and are soooo positive (well... as positive as you can be today ;) ) Go ahead, cry, stomp, have a :tantrum: crank that loud music and get it all out of your system. Tomorrow is another day and you will be that much closer.

Your awesome, don't ever forget it!

mccull83
04-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh elvislover, I was so looking forward to seeing you post that you'd broken into wonderland this week :mad:. How maddening/disheartening!!
You can do this though!! You've come so far. At the very least the 0.2lb's will add up and you WILL get into wonderland, and how crazy exciting that will be!!!:cheer:
P.S. I love reading your posts, especially the one where you (I'm pretty sure it was you) used the popcorn eating guy :corn: on a controversial thread ;) I laughed so hard!

PreciousMissy
04-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Oh yeah, you totally deserve to cry and crank up the music. Get it all out...and then maybe a little retail therapy, or a pedicure to help cheer you up!

April Snow
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry, Elvis, I know this is disappointing to you.

But honestly, I believe your team and think it's the hormones adjusting. I hope you get a big whoosh at some point, but even if it's .2 lbs at a time, keeping on keeping on is still what will get that scale into Onederland. But don't let that scale take away all that you have accomplished, and what you've done for your health and to give your body every possible chance to make and grow a healthy baby.

Arctic Mama
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM
How frustrating! I'm sorry you're stalling a bit right near such a big goal :(

Remember though, if you unit or go off plan now you'll NEVER get there. If you keep n plugging away you very likely will, even if it takes a few more weeks of slow losses. Don't give up, even though the discouragement is huge right now. You've done an amazing thing in losing so much weight, it's bound to not go smoothly at some points. It's just unfortunate that point occurred right by a big milestone.

dangerouscurvesahead
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Sweety dont stress so much over it! You know stress slows down progress so relax and enjoy how far you have come and keep up the good work itll all work itself out! Youve got this!

Tibbits2u
04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
I am so sorry. its tough not reaching a milestone ! but your pretty close to your goal and there is always next week ! I stalled for 1 month once ! during that time i was still well over 200 pounds ! plateau's are normal we will all go through them at some point. just keep going and you'll reach your goal weight ..time is gonna pass reguardless.

bethFromDayton
04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry, elvis. You'll do this--it's frustrating as all get out, but I know I've read that if you diet you will eventually plateau somewhat. As Arctic Mama said, it's so hard when it's at a milestone.

:grouphug:

--Beth

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I'll write you all personals from my laptop later. My phone makes me dizzy with long replies. :)

You are an amazing group of people, I hope each and everyone knows that. These posts instantly made me feel better. Thank you. :)

LebenAlles
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Elvis, you're totally my hero, seriously. I would have taken a detour to the doughnut shop on the way home, so I greatly admire the fact that you're still plugging on even when you don't want to. I pitch a fit when I go three days without weight loss so...yeah. You're so hardcore.

That being said, and I might get boo'd out of here for this, but have you thought about not exercising this week? For me, exercising, while it helps me get fitter, can sometimes jack with my weight loss. I do 'intermittent exercise' which I'm sure I totally just made up, but whatever. It helps me stay sane and on track to see the scale move and almost always the exercise stalls things out. Just a thought?

Either way, I know you will get there soon. It's the laws of nature, right? Big hug! :hug: and some of this guy because he's funny to me for some reason :bike:

JustB1027
04-29-2013, 02:09 PM
OMG! I must have jinxed you with my .2 yesterday!! You told me I was doing a fantastic job and to just keep smiling! I say the same to you! You never let us down! You inspire us to keep going! - .2 is better than +.2! We will get there! I think your team is right! Hormones are crazy and make our bodies funky. Plus I think you said you had TOM last week and so did I. Then we both had great weeks on plan but only lost .2? It has to be hormones.

Remington90
04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, theres a 'plan' or all of us. And I'm sure your onederland will come soon. Maybe since you haven't had a loss, you'll have a big WHOOSH and 3 or 4 pounds will just disappear.

Having a positive attitude (which I know you do) will keep you afloat. Not to worry, it'll come off when its' meant to. Patience is something I've had to work A LOT on, and stress can do SO much to your body. Take it easy, listen to some soothing music, have a hot bubble bath and a green tea. Light some candles and just relax. Let the stress melt away. Being a massage therapist I deal with a lot of people dealing with stress. It causes a multitude of body ailments or problems. Try to relax, not focus so much on the scale and I'm sure when you step on it, you'll have your number and a big sigh of relief.

You're doing awesome and you'll get there!

Garnet2727
04-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh, how frustrating for you! But I do believe your team has the right of it. Hang in there, you will make it to Onderland. I'm wondering if you're building up to a big whoosh!

rodeogirl
04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Are. You. FReaking. KIDDing. ME!

Your body is being a little rebel - trust your team though.

Ok I'm sure you don't want advice so stop reading now but the one tiny thought I have is...can you change up your exercise at all? Do something so different you throw your body off?

Ok back to empathy mode - basically this sucks but you're gonna get there.

time2lose
04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
So sorry!!! Hang in there and it will happen!

Elladorine
04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
It'll happen, just hang in there. :hug:

Song of Surly
04-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I totally know this frustration. I had a huge stall right at Onederland, and I thought it was going to make me a mad woman. I lose slowly anyway (average at .87 pounds a week), but it was this insane rollercoaster thing right around that number. This usually doesn't bother me too much, but being in onederland was going to be the first time I was going to be in the one's as an adult, and it was some magical number that was closer to normalcy to me. But, like others have said, I just kept pluggin' along, and suddenly, it happened! And it was the best. day. ever. And I was soooo glad that I hadn't given up and eaten like four rows of Oreos in a day.

I don't know what advice to give you, but I know zig-zagging my calories some will usually help me get over a hump. Dropping exercise will help you release some water weight, but it will be at the larger cost of impeding your physical progress. I know I'd drop weight on my scale a little quicker if I stopped lifting weights, but I'm too addicted to seeing my strength improve.

Novus
04-29-2013, 03:32 PM
I know you've been doing some hardcore running with the C25K program. I wonder if your body is doing the exchanging fat for muscle deal? Are your clothes fitting loser?

I'm very sad for you. :( I saw your ticker at 195 this morning and thought you'd had a super whoosh. Don't give up now....you've come soooooo far! :hug:

fadedbluejeans
04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
:censored:! Try to take solace in staying on plan - you have been doing great!

(for what it's worth, I also think the c25k might be helping you retain water. I have been perfect on plan for more than a month, and gained 2 pounds in the last week :devil:! the ONLY thing different is that I bumped my walks from 1 mile to 2 miles per night (my injured foot/ankle is pretty swollen).

Hang in there!
:corn:

akelly728
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Hang in there elvislover!!!! You are doing everything in your power to get there and it will happen! I agree that your exercising must be building muscle and releasing fat, and the scale doesnt always show those changes!! Look at how far you have come, look at the number of people you have inspired, and look at how awesome you are RIGHT NOW. The scale doesn't show any of that. Just imagine the number of pounds you have helped others lose just by being yourself. We have looked to you for inspiration and motivation, we have run that extra mile, put down the donut, or drank an extra bottle of water thanks to YOU! Count up all those pounds lost that you have inspired and tell the scale to get lost :)

Sum38
04-29-2013, 05:26 PM
I knew you had your weigh in today, and I was hoping for some great news. I am sorry that your body is deciding to be a butthead!!

Just wait and see, you will end up sprinting through the 190's!

Chin up :love:

thinkfit
04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
You are SO close though! Don't feel disappointed, just keep at it. You've got tons of support behind you! :hug:

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 05:57 PM
I want to do personal responses to all of you as this thread means so much more to me than an overall "thanks". :hug: I really can't thank you all enough, there aren't enough words in the dictionary or hugs in the world. :)

Just keep doing what you are doing and those .2 pounds will add up to get you over the hump! Don't give up. You can do this!

Thank you, Daimere. I know it will add up, I'm just so impatient!

OMG Elvis you are so freaking close! I can't even imagine how infuriating it is for you right now!

We are all proud of you and will cheer you on always! No matter how long it takes you to get to onederland!

You will be in onderland before you know it, you are doing so well and are soooo positive (well... as positive as you can be today ;) ) Go ahead, cry, stomp, have a :tantrum: crank that loud music and get it all out of your system. Tomorrow is another day and you will be that much closer.

Your awesome, don't ever forget it!

Thank you, Silverfire. Your reply made me want to cry (in a good way!). Thank you for your kind words. And I did stomp cry and have a tantrum! And I thought of you when I did (again, in a good way!)

Oh elvislover, I was so looking forward to seeing you post that you'd broken into wonderland this week :mad:. How maddening/disheartening!!
You can do this though!! You've come so far. At the very least the 0.2lb's will add up and you WILL get into wonderland, and how crazy exciting that will be!!!:cheer:
P.S. I love reading your posts, especially the one where you (I'm pretty sure it was you) used the popcorn eating guy :corn: on a controversial thread ;) I laughed so hard!

Thank you, mccull! Yes, I was the wisea$$ with the popcorn. :) I hate drama threads and when people get so bent out of shape and offtopic on a thread (in a bad way, not just when it goes off on a related tangent). Like I said, I have been a witch lately!

I wrote in another thread, I don't think onederland exists!! It's like I keep knocking and no one answers!! Thank you for your message. :)

Oh yeah, you totally deserve to cry and crank up the music. Get it all out...and then maybe a little retail therapy, or a pedicure to help cheer you up!

Thank you, PreciousMissy. I got my pedicure a couple of weeks ago and I have done enough damage with shopping! I sat outside in the sun today with my little doggy and we enjoyed the day. Our walk was for leisure, not exercise and I just kept reading your responses on my phone. I did cry a couple more times but it wasn't all about the weigh-in, just life in general. It was one of those days.

I'm sorry, Elvis, I know this is disappointing to you.

But honestly, I believe your team and think it's the hormones adjusting. I hope you get a big whoosh at some point, but even if it's .2 lbs at a time, keeping on keeping on is still what will get that scale into Onederland. But don't let that scale take away all that you have accomplished, and what you've done for your health and to give your body every possible chance to make and grow a healthy baby.

Thank you, April. I try to keep remembering what I have accomplished and how far I have come (omg, I typed "fat" instead of "far" by mistake, hope it wasn't a Freudian slip!). I am hoping for like a 10lb woosh!! And you are right, I'm doing all of this to become healthy for a healthy baby and I think I'm just overwhelmed and nervous. Plus I want my weight to go down so badly that I think I'm stalling myself somehow.

LebenAlles
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
One last piece of unasked for advice...have you thought of doing a 21 day sugar detox? im on week three of mine and the weightloss has been amazing.

Lastly, I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; Remember what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
~Epicurus

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 06:14 PM
How frustrating! I'm sorry you're stalling a bit right near such a big goal :(

Remember though, if you unit or go off plan now you'll NEVER get there. If you keep n plugging away you very likely will, even if it takes a few more weeks of slow losses. Don't give up, even though the discouragement is huge right now. You've done an amazing thing in losing so much weight, it's bound to not go smoothly at some points. It's just unfortunate that point occurred right by a big milestone.

Thank you, Arctic Mama. I feel like I'm a million miles from onederland and it's only .8 to get to 199.8!! And I will keep plugging and not going off plan, I'm determined and so stubborn that now it's really on to get to 199.8! But I do appreciate the reminder not to go off, it would be so easy to do and thank God, this time around losing weight I'm very cognizant of that possibility. I keep wondering though, if I never made 199.8 so important to me, would I have breezed right by like I did other numbers for 128lbs? I'll never know!

Sweety dont stress so much over it! You know stress slows down progress so relax and enjoy how far you have come and keep up the good work itll all work itself out! Youve got this!

I know, dangerouscurves, but I can't help it!! I stress worrying about stress!! :D My blood pressure this week and last week were off the charts but came back down by the end of my appointments (they always recheck it if it's high) and I think it's because that scale winds me up inside.

I am so sorry. its tough not reaching a milestone ! but your pretty close to your goal and there is always next week ! I stalled for 1 month once ! during that time i was still well over 200 pounds ! plateau's are normal we will all go through them at some point. just keep going and you'll reach your goal weight ..time is gonna pass reguardless.

Thank you, Tibbits! I've been on the edge of onederland for the past 3 weeks (200.2, 200.8 and now 200.6), I just can't break through! I'm just spoiled because I had no plateau or gains for 9 months until last week and it just broke my spirit. I can't believe how much a .6lb gain could effect me and I know it's nothing but it still made me sad. And I expected to recover at least that this week but nope! So...I'll wait for next week.

I'm so sorry, elvis. You'll do this--it's frustrating as all get out, but I know I've read that if you diet you will eventually plateau somewhat. As Arctic Mama said, it's so hard when it's at a milestone.

--Beth

Thank you, Beth. I know that you understand my frustration firsthand right now. :hug: I think I just placed so much weight on 199 as a measure of my success from the awful place I started. Like, if I made it to 199, it would be a downright miracle and I'd be thanking my lucky stars. And I definitely will be when it happens. I'm so thankful now for what I have had the strength to accomplish, I just want these extra ounces off!

Elvis, you're totally my hero, seriously. I would have taken a detour to the doughnut shop on the way home, so I greatly admire the fact that you're still plugging on even when you don't want to. I pitch a fit when I go three days without weight loss so...yeah. You're so hardcore.

That being said, and I might get boo'd out of here for this, but have you thought about not exercising this week? For me, exercising, while it helps me get fitter, can sometimes jack with my weight loss. I do 'intermittent exercise' which I'm sure I totally just made up, but whatever. It helps me stay sane and on track to see the scale move and almost always the exercise stalls things out. Just a thought?

Either way, I know you will get there soon. It's the laws of nature, right? Big hug! :hug: and some of this guy because he's funny to me for some reason :bike:

OMG Leben Alles, your message was so sweet. Thank you. I joked this week and last week with my doctor's office that I was going for a drink after my appointment but seriously, I wouldn't. And then...to make matters worse...CVS sent me a coupon on my phone for a free candy bar! I almost turned my car around for a Reese cup! Ok, no I didn't, but they did send me a coupon for the candy and I refuse to get it. I will not be swayed by free! And as far as getting donuts (or any other impulse food), I can't believe I'm really not tempted to do it. Something has really changed in me! My first instinct used to be to say screw it and do what I wanted.

You won't get a boo from me about the exercise. :hug: It seems the harder I exercise, the less I lose. I haven't exercised at all today, just went for a walk but I had on flipflops so it wasn't anything intense. I'm supposed to do Week 6 Day 1 of C25K but I'm hesitant and cranky. I might still do it and just count that for my whole day's exercise. I was on such a good schedule and am afraid to get off track. I've been exercising about 6-7 hours a week plus doing the C25K as extra credit. My diet is still fairly low calorie even though I've increased the calories with my nutritionist (preparing in case I get pregnant!) to about 1200-1400 a day before deducting exercise credit (usually 400-500).

I love the exercise guy too. :) Your message me smile, thank you for writing all that and your suggestions.

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 06:27 PM
OMG! I must have jinxed you with my .2 yesterday!! You told me I was doing a fantastic job and to just keep smiling! I say the same to you! You never let us down! You inspire us to keep going! - .2 is better than +.2! We will get there! I think your team is right! Hormones are crazy and make our bodies funky. Plus I think you said you had TOM last week and so did I. Then we both had great weeks on plan but only lost .2? It has to be hormones.

Awww, sweety, you couldn't have jinxed me!! I already knew on Friday that the scale wasn't budging as I was weighed at my other doctor's office (not my official scale!) and had an inkling. And you are right, a loss is definitely better than a gain. I hope it's the hormones but by the time my body straightens out, it will be TOM again! I am scheduled to ovulate this week (God willing!) so I don't know how that effects me. My cycle is all messed up due to my meds but now that I'm off them, it should hopefully straighten out. Next week hopefully will be a woosh for us!

Well, theres a 'plan' or all of us. And I'm sure your onederland will come soon. Maybe since you haven't had a loss, you'll have a big WHOOSH and 3 or 4 pounds will just disappear.

Having a positive attitude (which I know you do) will keep you afloat. Not to worry, it'll come off when its' meant to. Patience is something I've had to work A LOT on, and stress can do SO much to your body. Take it easy, listen to some soothing music, have a hot bubble bath and a green tea. Light some candles and just relax. Let the stress melt away. Being a massage therapist I deal with a lot of people dealing with stress. It causes a multitude of body ailments or problems. Try to relax, not focus so much on the scale and I'm sure when you step on it, you'll have your number and a big sigh of relief.

You're doing awesome and you'll get there!

Thank you, Remington. I'm waiting patiently for the woosh! And I'm definitely not patient but very stressed. I try so hard to not be! I'm going to consciously try to be less stressed this week and will keep you in mind. :hug:

Oh, how frustrating for you! But I do believe your team has the right of it. Hang in there, you will make it to Onderland. I'm wondering if you're building up to a big whoosh!

Thank you, Garnet. At this point, my woosh should be like 10lbs!! My scale owes me and I want to collect!

Are. You. FReaking. KIDDing. ME!

Your body is being a little rebel - trust your team though.

Ok I'm sure you don't want advice so stop reading now but the one tiny thought I have is...can you change up your exercise at all? Do something so different you throw your body off?

Ok back to empathy mode - basically this sucks but you're gonna get there.

Thanks, rodeogirl. And thank you again for your message last night, you have no idea how special that was to me. I changed up my exercise recently to the point that I added C25K and have been working my tail off with that. I am thinking of this week being less intense as I mentioned above to someone else. I keep thinking the more calories I burn and exercise the better but it's proving to be not true. And you are right, this does suck! But I do have so much to be very thankful for. I shouldn't be such a whiner about this.

So sorry!!! Hang in there and it will happen!

Thanks, time2lose!

It'll happen, just hang in there. :hug:

Thanks, elladorine! I know it will, I'm just so impatient. I've been reading your threads but I get so excited, I don't want to impose all my excitement and thoughts all over your posts. I'm hoping to be in the same boat as you with a baby on the way so I'm patiently (!!) waiting for that too. And I totally get your anxiety about putting off onederland, etc. and can't imagine how you must be feeling. The reward at the end of the delay losing will be worth it's weight in gold though. :hug:

I totally know this frustration. I had a huge stall right at Onederland, and I thought it was going to make me a mad woman. I lose slowly anyway (average at .87 pounds a week), but it was this insane rollercoaster thing right around that number. This usually doesn't bother me too much, but being in onederland was going to be the first time I was going to be in the one's as an adult, and it was some magical number that was closer to normalcy to me. But, like others have said, I just kept pluggin' along, and suddenly, it happened! And it was the best. day. ever. And I was soooo glad that I hadn't given up and eaten like four rows of Oreos in a day.

I don't know what advice to give you, but I know zig-zagging my calories some will usually help me get over a hump. Dropping exercise will help you release some water weight, but it will be at the larger cost of impeding your physical progress. I know I'd drop weight on my scale a little quicker if I stopped lifting weights, but I'm too addicted to seeing my strength improve.

Thanks so much, Song of Surly! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my frustration. And I do feel foolish even posting about my frustration but I had to for my own sake (and my husband's too, the poor guy heard nothing but about onederland all last week. God knows what he's in for this week with me! We are both thankful for 3FC!!). And I do plan on plugging along. But if I ate those Oreos, I'm sure they'd make me sick as a dog and I'd be so sick. My average weightloss was about 4lbs a week (yes very fast but it's medically supervised so it's allowed. I'm not doing anything unsafe!). And in the last few weeks, it's literally dropped to next to nothing. I have to figure something out to get the scale moving again, I don't want to lose my motivation. I know my clothes fit better and I'm stronger so that is a plus. Thank you for your post, it was so helpful. :)

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I know you've been doing some hardcore running with the C25K program. I wonder if your body is doing the exchanging fat for muscle deal? Are your clothes fitting loser?

I'm very sad for you. :( I saw your ticker at 195 this morning and thought you'd had a super whoosh. Don't give up now....you've come soooooo far! :hug:

Thank you Novus. The 195 is my new short term goal. The thought of getting to 175 was making me literally sick to my stomach last night as I don't know when/if I will ever get there. So I'm following April Snow's idea of 5lb goals and stole it from her. I'm supposed to start W6D1 tonight on C25K and last week, W5D3 absolutely KILLED me. I thought my abs were on fire for about 48 hours. I forgot I even had abs inside this belly! My clothes are definitely looser and I'm wearing size L and some 14s which I never ever did in the 200s/190s so I'm definitely fitter but I'm so selfish, I want to see it on the scale. :(

:censored:! Try to take solace in staying on plan - you have been doing great!

(for what it's worth, I also think the c25k might be helping you retain water. I have been perfect on plan for more than a month, and gained 2 pounds in the last week :devil:! the ONLY thing different is that I bumped my walks from 1 mile to 2 miles per night (my injured foot/ankle is pretty swollen).

Hang in there!
:corn:

Thank you fadedblue jeans (and LOL @ the corn, my favorite smiley now!). I hope its the C25K stalling me. But I'm afraid to stop it as I'm onto week 6 now and feeling so great about it (even though it's very hard). I'm so sorry you hurt yourself, omg. :hug: I hope you are feeling better soon. Try to stay off your ankle though, you want it to heal right so you can get back on track.

Hang in there elvislover!!!! You are doing everything in your power to get there and it will happen! I agree that your exercising must be building muscle and releasing fat, and the scale doesnt always show those changes!! Look at how far you have come, look at the number of people you have inspired, and look at how awesome you are RIGHT NOW. The scale doesn't show any of that. Just imagine the number of pounds you have helped others lose just by being yourself. We have looked to you for inspiration and motivation, we have run that extra mile, put down the donut, or drank an extra bottle of water thanks to YOU! Count up all those pounds lost that you have inspired and tell the scale to get lost :)

OMG what kind words you wrote, akelly. It's so funny, I don't think of myself as an inspiration?! I just plug along and do what I can and hope it works out! I'm hoping it's the exercise holding me back even though the thought of that is so frustrating! Your post was so nice, thank you for that. :hug:

I knew you had your weigh in today, and I was hoping for some great news. I am sorry that your body is deciding to be a butthead!!

Just wait and see, you will end up sprinting through the 190's!

Chin up :love:

Thank you, sum!! And the butthead comment did make me laugh out loud! I hope I sprint right through the 190s but this stubbornness in my body is sticking around too long! And yay @ chin up! I finally only have 1 chin now, I lost the rest of them! Talk about a great NSV!

You are SO close though! Don't feel disappointed, just keep at it. You've got tons of support behind you! :hug:

Thank you, thinkfit. You are right, I have so much support from all of you. That's why I should just grin and bear it with the scale but I can't!! I'm so thankful for every single one of you, you have no idea what you all mean to me. I know I always say that but it's true. And I will keep at it, I have to!

One last piece of unasked for advice...have you thought of doing a 21 day sugar detox? im on week three of mine and the weightloss has been amazing.

Lastly, I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; Remember what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
~Epicurus

Love that quote, LebenAlles, thank you!! I've heard it before and it's so true. Right now I can't switch up anything in my diet as I'm medically supervised and following a pretty strict plan. I'm not too worried about my sugars (or fat or carbs) at this point as they are keeping it all pretty low and healthy (which is how I stay in the 800-1000 calorie range a day). I'm working on a baby at the moment so they are controlling things pretty close and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you though. :hug:

Mozzy
04-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Hugs to you!

You will meet goal soon, just take it one day at a time.

belovedspirit
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Wow, I can imagine the frustration. I'm sorry to hear it! :hug:

The good news is it WILL happen soon. You're only 0.7 lbs away from 199.x! That's AMAZING!

fadedbluejeans
04-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Oh, i wasn't suggesting you stop c25k! Just that its probably why you are retaining. And thanks for the wishes for my ankle...but it's swollen because I am using it after being in a splint/cast/walking boot for 5 months (ruptured Achilles last September). I'm really happy to be walking, even if it hurts a little bit :-)

elvislover324
04-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Hugs to you!

You will meet goal soon, just take it one day at a time.

Thanks Moz, you'll be out of the 190s before I even get there! You are doing awesome!

Wow, I can imagine the frustration. I'm sorry to hear it! :hug:

The good news is it WILL happen soon. You're only 0.7 lbs away from 199.x! That's AMAZING!

Thank you, belovedspirit. I'm so close I could literally scream! I just can't cross the line over! But you are right, it will happen sooner or later. :)

Oh, i wasn't suggesting you stop c25k! Just that its probably why you are retaining. And thanks for the wishes for my ankle...but it's swollen because I am using it after being in a splint/cast/walking boot for 5 months (ruptured Achilles last September). I'm really happy to be walking, even if it hurts a little bit :-)

I know, fadedbluejeans! I knew what you meant! But trust me, I already considered it. :) I just don't want to feel like a failure and quit but then not lose the weight and feel like I failed at both, you know?

And ow, you poor girl! An Achilles injury of any kind is so painful, I can't imagine what you have gone through. I can understand you are happy to walk now. Just be careful! /end mother-hen orders. :hug:

sluggerbean
04-29-2013, 10:55 PM
Elvis :hug: I can't offer any new advice but I went through something similar before I reached 100 lbs lost. I feel your pain. :hug:

Just stick with your plan :running: and it won't be long before you will post a thread saying that you finally made it and we will all rejoice with you!! :yay:

amandie
04-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Just wanted to give you a :hug: Hang in there!

punkrocksong
04-29-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry this has been such a struggle for you...I wish I had some of the amazing words of encouragement that you give to everyone else. It just stinks that your body picks now to plateau when you are so close. I'm sure you'll get there soon enough!

charliee
04-29-2013, 11:54 PM
*hugs*

I was hoping to be dancing in celebration with you, and I'm sorry you didn't make onderland today. Chin up though, you're going to hit it, and we are all going to be cheering you on when you do. As beloved said only 0.7 away. So keep smiling Elvis, you got this!

betsy2013
04-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Oh Elvis, I feel for you so much. I never sign on at night, but decided I wanted to see how your weigh in. Like everyone has said, you did lose. I know .2 is not as much as you wanted, but you lost. And you are obviously loved and admired and have a whole lot of people rooting for you. I think we're all living vicariously through you right now. We want you to meet your goal -- AND YOU WILL.

SuperHeroTeacher
04-30-2013, 02:12 AM

I'm sorry elvislover! You will get there, and we will all be here to celebrate with you. In the meantime, we're here for a shoulder to cry on or a group temper tantrum if you need it.

:hug:

immaculate
04-30-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry you didn't make it to onderland, Elvis. :( I know these past three weeks have been so frustrating. Hang in there. You'll make it there soon!

On a more positive note, look at all of the people that have shown their support for you! You have so many people rooting for you and cheering you on! We're going to have a huge celebration when you finally break through to the other side!

Daimere
04-30-2013, 02:47 AM
Please don't give up! When I was last losing weight, it started getting harder. I wasn't losing as fast. I gave up. Now I regret that. Please don't give up. You will get there. Have faith.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney "

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
B. C. Forbes "

Rhiko
04-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Just hang in there! There could be a number of reasons why your body isn't losing much, but I wouldn't lose hope. I know that it can be frustrating. For three weeks I've been waiting for my scales to show anything past 73.3. I had a fake reading of 71.8 kgs and changed my sig, but I'm still up around 73...

It's hard and, although I don't know exactly what you are going through, I know that it will work out. Overcoming adversity is what defines us, and that's all that is happening now. Life is throwing you a challenge: patience and persistence. You will get there :) The decision to stay on track and fight for what you want is a great choice! The weight may not move this week or next week, but it will come down. You just have to believe in that and in yourself.

You are doing a fantastical, amazing, kick butt job with your weight loss :hug:

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Elvis :hug: I can't offer any new advice but I went through something similar before I reached 100 lbs lost. I feel your pain. :hug:

Just stick with your plan :running: and it won't be long before you will post a thread saying that you finally made it and we will all rejoice with you!! :yay:

Thank you, sluggerbean. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone, it actually does help (even though it awful!). I'm ready to throw a real party when onederland gets here!! Except I won't be able to eat like I used to at parties LOL!

Just wanted to give you a :hug: Hang in there!

Thanks, amandie!! All hugs are welcome!! :)

I'm so sorry this has been such a struggle for you...I wish I had some of the amazing words of encouragement that you give to everyone else. It just stinks that your body picks now to plateau when you are so close. I'm sure you'll get there soon enough!

Thank you, punkrock. I think my body is psyching itself out or something. Or it's to make sure I never take 199 for granted again in my life!! Whatever the reason, I got the message!! Now let me in the 190s already LOL!

*hugs*

I was hoping to be dancing in celebration with you, and I'm sorry you didn't make onderland today. Chin up though, you're going to hit it, and we are all going to be cheering you on when you do. As beloved said only 0.7 away. So keep smiling Elvis, you got this!

Thank you, charliee!! That .7 away feels like a million miles!! I'm so happy for you joining the 2-teens thread though! It's a great thread even though it's as frustrating as heck! I hope it's an easier one for you than it was me! I've been in there since Feb. 18 and it feels like forever. Worst decades yet for me!

Oh Elvis, I feel for you so much. I never sign on at night, but decided I wanted to see how your weigh in. Like everyone has said, you did lose. I know .2 is not as much as you wanted, but you lost. And you are obviously loved and admired and have a whole lot of people rooting for you. I think we're all living vicariously through you right now. We want you to meet your goal -- AND YOU WILL.

Aww, thanks Betsy. I'm sorry you didn't get to log in and see good news. I was perfect on plan with my food and exercised my tail off, it has to be something hormone related or exercise related as it's not real calorie/food gain. At least I'm sure of that part so it helps me to stay on plan foodwise. And yes, all these people rooting for me is amazing. I'm actually humbled by all the posts here from all of you. It's hard to describe but I can feel the "love" coming through in all of your posts. Now if one of you can just give me a friendly kick over the onederland line! :kickbutt:

I'm sorry elvislover! You will get there, and we will all be here to celebrate with you. In the meantime, we're here for a shoulder to cry on or a group temper tantrum if you need it.

:hug:

Thanks, superheroteacher. I'm ready to party and celebrate already! It's like I'm all dressed up with no place to go!!

I'm sorry you didn't make it to onderland, Elvis. :( I know these past three weeks have been so frustrating. Hang in there. You'll make it there soon!

On a more positive note, look at all of the people that have shown their support for you! You have so many people rooting for you and cheering you on! We're going to have a huge celebration when you finally break through to the other side!

Thank you, immaculate!! Like I just wrote to Betsy, the number of people rooting and cheering for me is so humbling. I just wish I could finally prove myself worthy of your cheers! I had been losing about 10lbs a month (or more) so consistently that now only losing less than 5lbs in the past month is killing me! Can't wait to party with you all, even if it's with apples and celery at this point! (Don't want to gain back over into the 200s with my party LOL!)

Please don't give up! When I was last losing weight, it started getting harder. I wasn't losing as fast. I gave up. Now I regret that. Please don't give up. You will get there. Have faith.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney "

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
B. C. Forbes "

Thanks so much, Daimere. There is no giving up now, I'm on my mission stronger and more determined than ever!! And I can't give up, I have too much to look forward to in my future to ever turn back now. I did my C25K training this morning and embraced it with everything I have. Thank you for those quotes, I'm so inspired by them.

Just hang in there! There could be a number of reasons why your body isn't losing much, but I wouldn't lose hope. I know that it can be frustrating. For three weeks I've been waiting for my scales to show anything past 73.3. I had a fake reading of 71.8 kgs and changed my sig, but I'm still up around 73...

It's hard and, although I don't know exactly what you are going through, I know that it will work out. Overcoming adversity is what defines us, and that's all that is happening now. Life is throwing you a challenge: patience and persistence. You will get there :) The decision to stay on track and fight for what you want is a great choice! The weight may not move this week or next week, but it will come down. You just have to believe in that and in yourself.

You are doing a fantastical, amazing, kick butt job with your weight loss :hug:

Thank you, Rhiko! I'm not giving up! I had my pity party yesterday crying and whining here and now today is a new day to fight the battle! I'm sorry you had a tough time with the scale too but it helps to know that we are all in this together. I'd be lost without all of you here. I'm so thankful every day that I found 3FC. :hug:

CherryPie99
04-30-2013, 10:08 AM
I truly understand your frustration - I have been there done that!

But remember, that number is completely arbitrary. It is simply symbolic. I mean 200-199 represents something but doesn't really mean any more then going from say 203 to 202!

It's just a pound. A pound that you will soon be rid of - absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind!!

Jen

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
I truly understand your frustration - I have been there done that!

But remember, that number is completely arbitrary. It is simply symbolic. I mean 200-199 represents something but doesn't really mean any more then going from say 203 to 202!

It's just a pound. A pound that you will soon be rid of - absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind!!

Jen

Thanks so much, Jen!!! And I know you are right. :D

But this symbolic number means that I succeeded and got one of my miracle requests answered!! I never thought I could get to 299, nevermind 199! I prayed so hard to God for the strength to try and diet and maybe succeed. He answered my prayers and more, I'm so very thankful!!

You are such an inspiration to me. I hope to be half as successful as you! :hug:

thnknthin1
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
I know nothing I can say will make it any better, but believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. I stalled out for about 6 weeks like you right at that number. It was unbelievably frustrating. But, the scale finally budged and it will do the same for you. Hang in there girl! :hug:

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
I know nothing I can say will make it any better, but believe me when I say I know exactly how you feel. I stalled out for about 6 weeks like you right at that number. It was unbelievably frustrating. But, the scale finally budged and it will do the same for you. Hang in there girl! :hug:

OMG I can't take 6 weeks of this, that would mean I'm only half way through!!!! But if you can do it, I can do it. Plus, what other choice do I have?! But I'm hoping it's not 3 more weeks... :?:

starbrite
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey :wave: it's nice over here in onederland. I can see you jumping over sooooooooooo very soon !! Keep believing. You have done an awesome job of getting to where you are, just keep on keeping on. Don't give up and believe <3

NathalieMargareta
04-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Gah, cannot even imagine how frustrating it must be.:hug:
But hey, there is something you need to remember: you've already passed the magic line of 100kg. In fact, you have more than passed it - you have completely crushed it!

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Hey :wave: it's nice over here in onederland. I can see you jumping over sooooooooooo very soon !! Keep believing. You have done an awesome job of getting to where you are, just keep on keeping on. Don't give up and believe <3

Don't rub it in, starbrite!! I hear all these grandeur stories about this infamous onederland but I can't even get over the fence!! It's like I get to the top and fall back down! I just want to fall over the other side lol.

Gah, cannot even imagine how frustrating it must be.:hug:
But hey, there is something you need to remember: you've already passed the magic line of 100kg. In fact, you have more than passed it - you have completely crushed it!

Thank you, NathalieMargareta. It's so frustrating let me tell you! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Ok, maybe I would but that's as mean as I get. :D I'm trying my hardest and it has to pay off eventually!

Someone told me today to cut my hair after I vented my frustration. I could be bald but 199.9!!! I think I'll wait and keep my hair!!

starbrite
04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
:( Oh wasn't rubbing it in....was trying to encourage you over the fence. Hush ma mouth !

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
:( Oh wasn't rubbing it in....was trying to encourage you over the fence. Hush ma mouth !

Awww I know!! You are one of the nice ones around here, I didn't mean anything!! You have been an inspiration to me since I started 3FC! If anyone deserved onederland, it was you!! :hug:

NorthernChick13
04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
I have been perfect on plan, did all my exercise (and then some), drank so much water I could float, every single thing that I should have done. And I got nothing for it. Again.

I know you are all so positive in cheering me on, I feel like I'm disappointing you as well as myself.

1) You are absolutely right. It sucks being so close to a goal. You have every right to feel like :tantrum:

BUT:

2) Nothing to show for it? 0.2 is a loss, baby! I am so sorry you are disappointing but I am smiling because i know how awesome your post when you DO get there will be! It means more when it's hard!

3) Disappointing us? EXCUSE ME?! Girl, I am going to be disappointed if I find out you actually THINK THAT!!

You are on plan, you are an inspirational beast to us all and you'll get here. I am now going to search for a post of yours from an old goal where you thought you wouldn't hit 250 or something. PROOF that we all have mental roadblocks on occasion, but that they can never stop us :)

wannaskipandlaugh
04-30-2013, 07:53 PM
My heart ached for you yesterday and today... I know that YOU WILL get there... You really will... We all believe it as much as we know we will too. I just cannot wait for the big time HALLAH... That the forum will spout when you do...

I send you a hug and strength of will power :)

elvislover324
04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
1) You are absolutely right. It sucks being so close to a goal. You have every right to feel like :tantrum:

BUT:

2) Nothing to show for it? 0.2 is a loss, baby! I am so sorry you are disappointing but I am smiling because i know how awesome your post when you DO get there will be! It means more when it's hard!

3) Disappointing us? EXCUSE ME?! Girl, I am going to be disappointed if I find out you actually THINK THAT!!

You are on plan, you are an inspirational beast to us all and you'll get here. I am now going to search for a post of yours from an old goal where you thought you wouldn't hit 250 or something. PROOF that we all have mental roadblocks on occasion, but that they can never stop us :)

OMG NorthernChick, thank you!!! Your post made me want to cry. You are so sweet, thank you for all of that. :hug:

My heart ached for you yesterday and today... I know that YOU WILL get there... You really will... We all believe it as much as we know we will too. I just cannot wait for the big time HALLAH... That the forum will spout when you do...

I send you a hug and strength of will power :)

Aww, thank you Sue. :hug: I know I will get there too as I refuse to give up (plus I still have like 40lbs to go!). It's just so frustrating!! And my doctor's office saw me cry 2 weeks in a row (how embarrassing!). They have a few weightloss patients like me so they might have seen it before. I cry more for the frustration than being sad. I *know* I will get there, just want it now!! Thank you for the hug and strength, I need them both right now.

NorthernChick13
05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
FINALLY found some!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/273234-5-inches-seems-like-5-miles.html Does this coat fit you yet?

And look what you accomplished here! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/272665-lost-19-4lbs-thanksgiving-new-years-eve.html If you can do that, you can do ANYTHING!!!

SarahFairhope
05-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Oh Elvis, Im so so so sorry. And honestly, going through the same sort of thing here. I dont have any answer or insight, but just know you arent alone. ((hug))

betsy2013
05-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Seems like I've joined you in Plateauville, Elvis, and I'm not a happy camper right now. Just started a new thread in Support asking for suggestions on how to break a plateau. I know we're going to have them, but there have to be ways of getting past them sooner rather than later.

Question: How come when I was gaining weight, I didn't hit any plateaus? Not a one. Just kept moving on up the scale!

elvislover324
05-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh Elvis, Im so so so sorry. And honestly, going through the same sort of thing here. I dont have any answer or insight, but just know you arent alone. ((hug))

Thanks Sarah! It actually does help to know I'm not alone here. :hug:

FINALLY found some!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/273234-5-inches-seems-like-5-miles.html Does this coat fit you yet?

And look what you accomplished here! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/272665-lost-19-4lbs-thanksgiving-new-years-eve.html If you can do that, you can do ANYTHING!!!

OMG NorthernChick, who is better than you?! Thanks so much for digging those up! And YES that coat does fit and I have zipped it AND worn it out!! And it's so easy to forget the accomplishments I have made losing weight at the end of the year. I tend to get hooked on the negative stuff and that's really bad. You are a sweety. Thank you. :hug:

Seems like I've joined you in Plateauville, Elvis, and I'm not a happy camper right now. Just started a new thread in Support asking for suggestions on how to break a plateau. I know we're going to have them, but there have to be ways of getting past them sooner rather than later.

Question: How come when I was gaining weight, I didn't hit any plateaus? Not a one. Just kept moving on up the scale!

LOL Betsy, I never ever hit a plateau on the way up! I'll pull up a seat beside you on the plateau bench, there seems to be a few of us here. I started a new thread today too after talking to my doctors office. They want me to increase my calories on my harder workout days. Who knew I'd have to eat more to lose weight?! Hope our plateaus are over really quick!! :hug:

omgsasha
05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
dont beat ur self up over it!!!!! you have done so well for your self and onderland is only a couple ounces away!!!! just keep at it and u will be there in no time!! :) remember that its a pound at a time process.... although it might be stressful.... just imagine how amazing its gonna be when u see that 199! all those tears and heart aches is gonna be worth it! im proud of you <3