100 lb. Club - Really bad day, can we do Monday over?

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 01:10 PM
This is one of my ranty whiny posts that have been happening a lot lately so please close if you don't like or want drama talk.

I recently stopped taking cancer medication so it's caused an influx of estrogen which is at least part of my problem. <---not an excuse, just a possible reason.

Had a bad day so far, isn't going anything like I wanted or planned.

#1: did not make onederland as I anxiously hoped for. Needed to lose 2.6lbs to get to 199.8 (my doctor's office is done in .2 increments). Only lost 2.2lbs so won't get it til at least next week.

#2: woke up with my monthly cycle. Haven't had one since last June due to my diagnosis and meds. Today was the day it picked to show up? Couldn't be tomorrow?

#3: saw my husband's cousin outside my doctor's office. First she didn't recognize me but went in and said "I think I just saw my cousin's wife outside. Was that Elvislover?" And the woman at the desk said "Oh Elvislover is our poster child for weightloss here!" So she comes outside and said "OMG you look wonderful, I can't wait to tell your mother-in-law I saw you!!" and at that point I burst into tears and begged her not to tell anyone she saw me or that I lost weight. (I have been laying low from my family, esp. my in-laws since getting some harsh comments about not being able to have their grandchildren due to my cancer. And that's not drama or an exaggeration.) I'm losing weight for me, my husband, and to support the help that my oncologist and fertility doctor are giving me to hopefully surprise everyone with a baby. I don't want my family (mine or his) to be a part of this, it's stressful enough without them involved. Mind you, this is the drunk, big mouth cousin that I would want to be the last person to run into. And when I called my husband crying to say I saw her and everything here, he totally agreed with me and my paranoia. I just know she's going to tell his family and it's my news, not hers.

I hate today. I'm so sad. I'm so overwhelmed. I just want to go back to bed and start today again.

Thank you for reading if you got this far. I just had to tell people who understand.

p.s. She goes to this nutritionist because she can't get those pesky 10lbs off. All of this, for someone who wants to lose 10lbs and is already thin. How about, put down the wine and vodka for a day? Sorry, this is so petty of me.

Radiojane
04-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Petty is okay occasionally. It happens. And it's good that you recognize it as that.

I understand from some of your other posts that you have a less than stellar relationship with your inlaws, and I can understand why you want to keep what you're doing to yourself. But maybe take away this little "bright side"; better that she's going with positive news than having seen you at your worst?? I know that probably doesn't help.

I've had the weepies for two days now since my scale fiasco, so you can pull up a seat next to me and we'll feel bad together.

lunarsongbird
04-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Hooray! Your body is cycling! What good news for baby making!

I can totally understand why you feel lousy. Your body and hormones are going through BIG changes! Also, I'd be peeved about the lady at the front desk, "Hi...Heard of HIPPA? Geeze." How did lame cousin react to your response? At least she doesn't know you are working with a fertility doctor.

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Petty is okay occasionally. It happens. And it's good that you recognize it as that.

I understand from some of your other posts that you have a less than stellar relationship with your inlaws, and I can understand why you want to keep what you're doing to yourself. But maybe take away this little "bright side"; better that she's going with positive news than having seen you at your worst?? I know that probably doesn't help.

I've had the weepies for two days now since my scale fiasco, so you can pull up a seat next to me and we'll feel bad together.

I know Jane, it is positive news but I just wasn't ready to deal with this. And my inlaws will surely have something to say about my diet and how big I got and how it effected my future, etc. NOT doing it. I'm stubborn to a fault, even when I shouldn't be. And my MIL always wondered how her handsome son could be with a big woman like me. I'm over it, I won't deal with her drama.

And thank you, there is NO ONE here I'd rather sit next to. :hug:

IanG
04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Sorry you had a bad day Elvislover.

But "only lost 2.2lbs" reads to me like "0.4lbs away from ONE-derland". So that, my dear, is something to celebrate! In fact, I'd say you're in ONE-derland already. I'd lose 0.4 with a pee, perhaps even a haircut! It's a rounding error in the world of weight loss.

Regarding the cousin, you have my sympathies there. I, too, wanted to hide it from prying family eyes, but other peoples' Facebook pages soon caught up with me. Just stay strong and focused that this is for you.

It will all be good.

Missy Krissy
04-15-2013, 01:21 PM
:hug: At least your TOM is an indication that your body is healing and becoming healthier. Small consolation (if at all), I know. It's ok to be whiny now and then. I hope your day gets better! :hug:

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Hooray! Your body is cycling! What good news for baby making!

I can totally understand why you feel lousy. Your body and hormones are going through BIG changes! Also, I'd be peeved about the lady at the front desk, "Hi...Heard of HIPPA? Geeze." How did lame cousin react to your response? At least she doesn't know you are working with a fertility doctor.

Yes, lunar, it is!! I just have no idea what the cycle is yet. I think I might have to go on BCP to regulate as I'm out of control.

The lady at the desk is so nice and they all know my plight at my doctor's office and I share a lot with them. I guess I'm not mad as she (the receptionist) wouldn't ever tell anyone anything private. I have a feeling she didn't know it was a secret (how would she?). Lame cousin promised me she wouldn't say anything and I think my tears helped solidify how important this is for me. I just want to cry more.

lunarsongbird
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
I totally would have asked to have gotten naked on the scale. LOL.

Also- 8 ounces of water weighs a half pound. EIGHT measly ounces.

lunarsongbird
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Go ahead and cry. It releases stress hormones and what not. You can also up your water and do a little exercising to increase elimination.

ladykahlo
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey. That sounds really tough. I don't think you're being petty. It sounds like you were trying to do this for yourself and those attempts may be thwarted. I think you're entitled to your feelings.

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Sorry you had a bad day Elvislover.

But "only lost 2.2lbs" reads to me like "0.4lbs away from ONE-derland". So that, my dear, is something to celebrate! In fact, I'd say you're in ONE-derland already. I'd lose 0.4 with a pee, perhaps even a haircut! It's a rounding error in the world of weight loss.

Regarding the cousin, you have my sympathies there. I, too, wanted to hide it from prying family eyes, but other peoples' Facebook pages soon caught up with me. Just stay strong and focused that this is for you.

It will all be good.

Thank you, Ian. I'm just a ball of hormones at the moment and should hide my laptop. Thank you for saying we should celebrate but not yet. :) The scale at my doc's office sux too, it's like being on The Biggest Loser and it goes up, down, up, and I'm screaming at it to lock in!

I don't do Facebook just for that reason. I'm trying to stay strong. This forum has no idea what you all mean to me. Thank you for your message, you made me smile. :)

:hug: At least your TOM is an indication that your body is healing and becoming healthier. Small consolation (if at all), I know. It's ok to be whiny now and then. I hope your day gets better! :hug:

Thank you Missy Krissy. It has to get better, I hope! And you are right, I'm happy to get back to "normal", whatever that is!

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
I totally would have asked to have gotten naked on the scale. LOL.

Also- 8 ounces of water weighs a half pound. EIGHT measly ounces.

Go ahead and cry. It releases stress hormones and what not. You can also up your water and do a little exercising to increase elimination.

Thank you lunar. I have my C25K week 4 day 1 to do this afternoon. I just found my motivation to get it done!

Hey. That sounds really tough. I don't think you're being petty. It sounds like you were trying to do this for yourself and those attempts may be thwarted. I think you're entitled to your feelings.

Thank you ladykahlo. I kept this all private for so long, it was bound to come out. I just wish I trusted this woman and I don't. And it's not like I'm doing anything wrong or bad, it's just "mine". I hope that makes sense.

joefla70
04-15-2013, 01:52 PM
I seem to recall that the last time you had a rant, it was quickly followed up by something nice that made your day. So, maybe today or tomorrow you will have something like that happen. :)

#1. Its amazing what power we give to the scale! But not just the scale, but nice, round numbers! Why do we get so much more satisfaction from being 199.9 than 200.0? Its crazy! But I guess we like to make ourselves crazy!

#2. I'm skippin' #2 because ... well, moving on...

#3. My sympathies with the family thing. What you said about the in-laws and grandchildren blew me away. I hope your cousin's wife can keep her mouth shut.

Its good that you are using this at motivation to do better rather than slide back into bad habits. You're very strong. Battling the cancer, weight and kicking butt all-around. You're an inspiration to us all. Like the woman at your doctor's office said, you're a shining star! :)

belovedspirit
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
:hug: I hope the rest of the day is much better!

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
I seem to recall that the last time you had a rant, it was quickly followed up by something nice that made your day. So, maybe today or tomorrow you will have something like that happen. :)

#1. Its amazing what power we give to the scale! But not just the scale, but nice, round numbers! Why do we get so much more satisfaction from being 199.9 than 200.0? Its crazy! But I guess we like to make ourselves crazy!

#2. I'm skippin' #2 because ... well, moving on...

#3. My sympathies with the family thing. What you said about the in-laws and grandchildren blew me away. I hope your cousin's wife can keep her mouth shut.

Its good that you are using this at motivation to do better rather than slide back into bad habits. You're very strong. Battling the cancer, weight and kicking butt all-around. You're an inspiration to us all. Like the woman at your doctor's office said, you're a shining star! :)

Thank you, Joe. Your post made me cry again!! I don't know why that stupid scale owns me but it does. Even the nurse joked that I should go pee and get back on but I didn't want to waste her time, she had already recorded it and was making her notes. And I know a few ounces doesn't mean anything but it's just a mental thing. I hope my week gets better too. God is good. :) I just kicked butt on my C25K for today so no one is taking away my rockstar (self described!) status. I'm doing amazing things for myself and no one can take that away.

My inlaws are an interesting bunch. The lack of sensitivity is like nothing I ever saw before. I have been with my husband for 18 years so it's not a total surprise to me but it still hurts. To keep a long story short, the day I told my inlaws about my cancer, my MIL called my sister-in-law and said "I guess giving me a grandchild is all on you now." And my SIL isn't the brightest bulb either and called me to vent about her mom and what she said. Um, maybe you shouldn't have told me that? It turned into a big family fiasco! And that's only 1 of the million stories. I'm not a perfect daughter-in-law but I can assure you I'd never be that mean to someone, esp. after a devastating diagnosis. I have enough guilt about my lack of children, I didn't need more. I am praying she keeps her mouth shut too. I think she was sober so she comprehended it. :)

:hug: I hope the rest of the day is much better!

Thank you, beloevedspirit. I hope so too!

Mozzy
04-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Hugs Elvis!

Tomorrow will be a better day! You rock and don't you forget it!

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Hugs Elvis!

Tomorrow will be a better day! You rock and don't you forget it!

Thanks, Mozzy. Just one of those sucky days.

I have so much to be thankful for and I get stuck on dumb things.

joefla70
04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Thank you, Joe. Your post made me cry again!! I don't know why that stupid scale owns me but it does. Even the nurse joked that I should go pee and get back on but I didn't want to waste her time, she had already recorded it and was making her notes. And I know a few ounces doesn't mean anything but it's just a mental thing. I hope my week gets better too. God is good. :) I just kicked butt on my C25K for today so no one is taking away my rockstar (self described!) status. I'm doing amazing things for myself and no one can take that away.

My inlaws are an interesting bunch. The lack of sensitivity is like nothing I ever saw before. I have been with my husband for 18 years so it's not a total surprise to me but it still hurts. To keep a long story short, the day I told my inlaws about my cancer, my MIL called my sister-in-law and said "I guess giving me a grandchild is all on you now." And my SIL isn't the brightest bulb either and called me to vent about her mom and what she said. Um, maybe you shouldn't have told me that? It turned into a big family fiasco! And that's only 1 of the million stories. I'm not a perfect daughter-in-law but I can assure you I'd never be that mean to someone, esp. after a devastating diagnosis. I have enough guilt about my lack of children, I didn't need more. I am praying she keeps her mouth shut too. I think she was sober so she comprehended it. :)

Doh! I'm sorry I re-hashed and made you cry again!

I'd like to think I have a good idea of what kind of person you are from all the kind, supportive things you say to so many other people on this site. But regardless of that, perfect or not, nobody deserves to be treated like that. Right now I would have piped in and told you what I would tell your MIL if I were you, but I don't want to re-hash anymore and make you cry again!

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Doh! I'm sorry I re-hashed and made you cry again!

I'd like to think I have a good idea of what kind of person you are from all the kind, supportive things you say to so many other people on this site. But regardless of that, perfect or not, nobody deserves to be treated like that. Right now I would have piped in and told you what I would tell your MIL if I were you, but I don't want to re-hash anymore and make you cry again!

Awwww....I should have clarified!! It was nice, thoughtful, kind things you said about me that made me cry. :)

My husband is nothing like his parents in those ways. I used to joke that he was adopted since he's such a compassionate, thoughtful, unselfish person. The only thing is, he looks exactly like them so he's really theirs!! My mother-in-law is learning real quick that it's serious this time. She's quite passive-aggressive and instead of fighting it and trying to help matters, I cut her off from me for a few months (I'd never tell my husband he couldn't contact his family). The negative energy was killing me! And it wasn't just her, my family too. But that's a whole other boring thread. :)

All of these posts made me feel so much better, you all have such a way of turning my attitude around and help me see the good side of things.

berryblondeboys
04-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Elvislover, I'm sorry you are having a doo-doo day. Take it five minutes at a time and go to bed early to just start fresh tomorrow.

You have such much on your plate right now - good and bad and it can be overwhelming - that you can keep it together 99% of the time is amazing in itself.

As far as the family goes = well, what are you going to do? They are who they are and some of us didn't get lucky in that in-law dept., so I TOTALLLLLY feel you in that one - TOTALLY.

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Elvislover, I'm sorry you are having a doo-doo day. Take it five minutes at a time and go to bed early to just start fresh tomorrow.

You have such much on your plate right now - good and bad and it can be overwhelming - that you can keep it together 99% of the time is amazing in itself.

As far as the family goes = well, what are you going to do? They are who they are and some of us didn't get lucky in that in-law dept., so I TOTALLLLLY feel you in that one - TOTALLY.

Thank you, Melissa!!! Your message means a lot to me. And when I read about your MIL here and on your blog, I get worked up for you. :)

I did chuckle when I read the "keep it together" part you wrote. I feel like I'm going out of my mind a lot but maybe I don't express the crazy parts here as much as I do in real life!!! But seriously, I have an amazingly supportive husband who would move the world for me and we love each other more than life itself. (Not trying to be mushy, just saying. :D ) He makes me want to be strong and healthy and it's nothing he says or does, it's the way he treats me and supports me 150%. I'm not sure that makes sense in words but it's a good thing! :)

And doo-doo made me literally laugh out loud, even the doggy looked up to see what was so funny. It really HAS been a doo-doo day!!

Roo2
04-15-2013, 05:53 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Sorry ElvisLover- I am so glad your DH is your soft place to fall. Let his love Cocoon you heart safely from harm until you are ready to spread your wings.
Sometimes we all need to protect our heart.

Things that we can change....the others we let go and move forward.

Wishing you peace ,joy,hope love and faith,Roo2

bethFromDayton
04-15-2013, 06:04 PM
:hug:

elvislover, you are an amazing and compassionate woman--you show that over and over again in your posts and the support you give and take.

I'm sorry today has been such a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day. Some days are like that. (some lovers of kids' books are now saying "even in Australia)

You have so little control over what DH's cousin does or doesn't say--but you still don't have to engage--cutting them out is a movement of strength and courage.

Rooting for you!

charliee
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry you have to have people in your life that are so insensitive. It amazes me when people can get bad news from someone and only hear the part that affects them. I can't imagine how you felt when you found out you had cancer, but then to get that kind of reaction from your MIL, my heart absolutely breaks for you. I am so happy that your DH is the man that he is.

You are an amazing person, you have fought through adversity, and you are achieving your goals for you and your "future" family. Try not to give his family a second thought, you don't need their approval or acceptance.

*hugs*

Also, 0.4 away from onederland? Awesome sauce!!

thnknthin1
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Elvis :hug:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Oh Elvis... all day long at work I was thinking of you and wondering what you trip to the "scale" was going to turn out to be,,, well its just a spit away from that magic no. That scale is kinda like a green eyed monster going Na nany boobo to you.... But you have mastered it and yourself in what you are doing and the next time you look at it... well it will say an amazing no and today will be a memory..... I am so proud of you and am thankful that I get to read your wonderful words/posts and new "rants" as they strike home for me too with what you say...and I just never know how to word it... You Do in spades.

I am so sorry about you running into (sounds like) the last person on earth that you wanted to see. Lets hope that she proves to be a compassionate person and realizes how important this is to you and stays mum with her secret. People can surprise you and I hope that she will.

Thank you for being YOU! :hug:

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: Sorry ElvisLover- I am so glad your DH is your soft place to fall. Let his love Cocoon you heart safely from harm until you are ready to spread your wings.
Sometimes we all need to protect our heart.

Things that we can change....the others we let go and move forward.

Wishing you peace ,joy,hope love and faith,Roo2

Thank you, Roo!! I still remember you are going to be the 3FC fairy godmother for me!!

:hug:

elvislover, you are an amazing and compassionate woman--you show that over and over again in your posts and the support you give and take.

I'm sorry today has been such a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day. Some days are like that. (some lovers of kids' books are now saying "even in Australia)

You have so little control over what DH's cousin does or doesn't say--but you still don't have to engage--cutting them out is a movement of strength and courage.

Rooting for you!

Thank you for your sweet message, Beth. I talked about it with my husband when he got home and I pretty much put it in God's hands (that's where I put things I can't worry about!) and just said I'll deal with whatever I have to when I have to. And I decided if she would bring it up after I asked her not to, it says more about the person she is than I am. I don't know why I'm so embarrassed to be on a medically supervised diet but I am. Well...I guess I could think of a few reasons! Your message made me feel so much better.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry you have to have people in your life that are so insensitive. It amazes me when people can get bad news from someone and only hear the part that affects them. I can't imagine how you felt when you found out you had cancer, but then to get that kind of reaction from your MIL, my heart absolutely breaks for you. I am so happy that your DH is the man that he is.

You are an amazing person, you have fought through adversity, and you are achieving your goals for you and your "future" family. Try not to give his family a second thought, you don't need their approval or acceptance.

*hugs*

Also, 0.4 away from onederland? Awesome sauce!!

Thank you Charliee!!! Yes, that .4lbs started my day off this morning! I was so mad!! The scale flickered in onederland but it wasn't meant to be. So hopefully I might be a couple of pounds into onederland next week!

And yes, my MIL only thinks about her and how it would effect HER. She's always been like that. And it's ok to a point, she's not going to change or learn new tricks. But my heart broke for my husband too. Her son finds out his wife has cancer and he's calling his dad to get his mom to shut her trap with insensitive comments! Thank you for your message, your awesome sauce made my night!! (No calories though, right?? :D)

Elvis :hug:

Thank you, thnkthin, I need all the hugs I can get today!!

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh Elvis... all day long at work I was thinking of you and wondering what you trip to the "scale" was going to turn out to be,,, well its just a spit away from that magic no. That scale is kinda like a green eyed monster going Na nany boobo to you.... But you have mastered it and yourself in what you are doing and the next time you look at it... well it will say an amazing no and today will be a memory..... I am so proud of you and am thankful that I get to read your wonderful words/posts and new "rants" as they strike home for me too with what you say...and I just never know how to word it... You Do in spades.

I am so sorry about you running into (sounds like) the last person on earth that you wanted to see. Lets hope that she proves to be a compassionate person and realizes how important this is to you and stays mum with her secret. People can surprise you and I hope that she will.

Thank you for being YOU! :hug:

OMG Sue, thank you so so much for this message! You have no idea how it warmed my heart and made me want to cry!! And thank you (and everyone else!) for being so patient and kind during my rant moments. These hormones are killing me and that's all I can chalk it up to. Hopefully they level themselves off soon!

I was so mad at the stupid scale, I'm sure everyone here knows that. Every single time I am ready to hit a goal it flips me the bird! I've come to expect it but still, it doesn't lessen the blow!

And I was mad again when I saw this cousin as the only reason I ran into her was because I was hanging around talking to someone at my doctor's office and if I didn't talk so much, I would have been in my car and home without ever seeing her. You think I talk a lot here? I never shut up in person!! :D

I just think sometimes, esp. thin people but that's my selfish opinion, just don't get how emotional this weightloss mission is for us. I'm still clearly overweight and she's telling me about those pesky 10lbs she can't seem to lose. While I totally appreciate that she wants those 10lbs off and she deserves to look and feel good as much as any of us, I just don't think she "got" what I'm going through. And it made me sad for me and all of us who battle this fight every day of our life.

Maybe she will pleasantly surprise me. I sure do hope so!!

Vex
04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm so embarrassed to be on a medically supervised diet

Don't be embarrassed about that. Just about everything for everyone is medically supervised these days. With your cancer history, all the more reason!

BTW, the in laws stories just blew me away as well. I will never understand why some people can be so cruel to others.

elvislover324
04-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Don't be embarrassed about that. Just about everything for everyone is medically supervised these days. With your cancer history, all the more reason!

BTW, the in laws stories just blew me away as well. I will never understand why some people can be so cruel to others.

Thank you Vex. I love my diet and I love my doctor's office who I work with on this, they are literally saving my life with my diet. I don't think I could have got this far in my fertility treatments and pushing the cancer off with meds if I hadn't lost the weight and stopped the estrogen to the cancer via the fat cells. So I guess it's just a lot of guilt all wrapped up in this, with me always wondering if I could have avoided the cancer if I never gained weight and/or if I had babies younger, you know? I can't change the past, I can only hope and try for a better future.

And that's only one story about them. :) There are some doozies. It's like they weren't given that brain receptor part that shuts you up before saying something mean or stupid. I do my best to hold back only in respect to my husband (and myself, I won't stoop to their level) but sometimes it's just too much. So I removed a bunch of toxic people from my life January 1st and never looked back!

irish51
04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Elivislover, I wanted to pop in here to give you big :hug:

I am a lot older than you, but I hope you had a good cry and are now doing better.

My inlaws were the toxic people from h***. The one thing I can tell you, is I am a really great mother-in-law, caused I learned all the things NOT to say, do, or talk about ! :D

Roo2
04-16-2013, 06:53 AM
ElvisLover -today is a new day:carrot:

Remember from childhood the saying I am Rubber you are Glue every bad thing bounces off of me and sticks to you. So next time when confronted with a Nasty situation visualize this And Laugh ! Imagine someone covered in slimy
Fowl smelling Gunk ......and say the magic words Begone from my site you have no power over me! It will feel good if you visualize this and say it in your head like a Mantra ..very freeing:D

Never allow anyone to steal your joy , gives them waay to much power over you. If I don't value someone's opinion it is like water off a Duck's back:D

There will always me people in the world that will want you to be miserable and unhappy..... And even if someone upset me I would not give them the satisfaction....I try to recenter where I need to and want to be in life and move on:carrot:

We never can change anyone else in the world only how we react to them.

I have seen people's heart soften .....so it is definitely possible ! Live the best life you can live and all the other stuff .... Begins to have less importance:hug:

We determine who we want to be in the world ....live life joyously and with hope ....I believe there is a reason for everything we experience and a lesson to be learned!

Sprinkling Magic Fairy Dust
on your heart,
Wishing you and your DH your true hearts desire :hug:, Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Beverlyjoy
04-16-2013, 08:10 AM
I am so sorry you had a bad day. People can be very insensitive. That's when we have to be like 'teflon' and let stuff slide off of us.

Remember 2.2 pounds is 9 sticks of butter!! You have TOM, too.

Sending a hug.

elvislover324
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Elivislover, I wanted to pop in here to give you big :hug:

I am a lot older than you, but I hope you had a good cry and are now doing better.

My inlaws were the toxic people from h***. The one thing I can tell you, is I am a really great mother-in-law, caused I learned all the things NOT to say, do, or talk about ! :D

Thank you, irish51!!! I needed all the hugs I could get. I did have a good cry and a good workout and felt much better last night before going to bed. :)

And you are so right about being a good in-law. I even talked to my mom about my MIL when my brother got married to make sure she didn't cross any lines with my new SIL. But the difference is, my mom doesn't have a mean bone in her body. My MIL on the other hand....she's a nice woman to most people but it's one of those relationships that is all about what it's in it for her. People like that don't change. So now I just keep my distance!! (We moved about 50 miles away to another state for a few reasons and the day she said she wants to move closer to us, I told my husband we will find another state again! Me seeing their cousin yesterday was the 3rd time in 8 years I ever saw her anywhere random. Why couldn't I have seen her at the supermarket or something?! And the cousin lived here first so I can't get mad over that!)

ElvisLover -today is a new day:carrot:

Remember from childhood the saying I am Rubber you are Glue every bad thing bounces off of me and sticks to you. So next time when confronted with a Nasty situation visualize this And Laugh ! Imagine someone covered in slimy
Fowl smelling Gunk ......and say the magic words Begone from my site you have no power over me! It will feel good if you visualize this and say it in your head like a Mantra ..very freeing:D

Never allow anyone to steal your joy , gives them waay to much power over you. If I don't value someone's opinion it is like water off a Duck's back:D

There will always me people in the world that will want you to be miserable and unhappy..... And even if someone upset me I would not give them the satisfaction....I try to recenter where I need to and want to be in life and move on:carrot:

We never can change anyone else in the world only how we react to them.

I have seen people's heart soften .....so it is definitely possible ! Live the best life you can live and all the other stuff .... Begins to have less importance:hug:

We determine who we want to be in the world ....live life joyously and with hope ....I believe there is a reason for everything we experience and a lesson to be learned!

Sprinkling Magic Fairy Dust
on your heart,
Wishing you and your DH your true hearts desire :hug:, Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

LOL Roo @ I'm rubber, you're glue. I will think of you every time I have to remember that in my mind. You are so sweet with your messages to me and make me feel so much better. Thank you. :) And I need a lot of magic fairy dust!!!

I am so sorry you had a bad day. People can be very insensitive. That's when we have to be like 'teflon' and let stuff slide off of us.

Remember 2.2 pounds is 9 sticks of butter!! You have TOM, too.

Sending a hug.

Thank you, Beverlyjoy!! So happy to be rid of those 9 sticks of butter!! I just wanted to get rid of 2 more by yesterday!! I'm so selfish sometimes! I did consider TOM too but I have nothing to compare it to since I never had one since I was dieting. Wasn't sure if the weight shows up prior, during, etc. I guess it's another wrench in my planning! The hormones I took kept me almost without emotion (compared to the ups and downs I had prior to the meds) and without TOM, that part was wonderful!!! No mental breakdowns and no monthly worries! And thank you for the hug, I can never get enough when I'm stressed out and sad. Today is a bit better thankfully!

rodeogirl
04-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Elvislover -

Seems like it's time for me to saddle up and mosey on over to your cousin's place and plant a spur in her backside.

Gotcher back girl!

elvislover324
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Elvislover -

Seems like it's time for me to saddle up and mosey on over to your cousin's place and plant a spur in her backside.

Gotcher back girl!

This just made me laugh so hard!!! You are too sweet a person to be kicking butt!! :kickbutt:

You know when you just get that pit in your stomach because you don't trust someone? That's what I feel.

It's not that I care really that she knows, it's obvious I have/had a weight problem and I'm dealing with it and trying to fix it. It's more that I don't want my in-laws to know. Esp. from her. Ugh.

Thanks for having my back, it means a lot to me. :hug:

wannaskipandlaugh
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Elvislover.....

Well I know that tomorrow you are going to be a real happy camper! I believe it :) Can't wait to see your post :)

elvislover324
04-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Thank you, Sue. I'm stressing out! My home scale says I'm up 2lbs plus I still have TOM. I'll be really sad if I don't make it finally. I was perfect on plan for food and exercise this week so I know the scales are just taunting me but still.

Thank you for thinking about me, you are sweet. :)

elvislover324
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Copied this from another thread in case anyone looks for an update. No good news.

You are all so sweet.

I didn't get my onederland, I actually gained for the first week since I started my plan last July. Up .6 so I'm at 200.8. My nutritionist, nurse and doctor all said it's definitely because of my TOM and hormone changes now that I'm off my meds but I'm so sad. I even cried on the scale, what is wrong with me. I can't take this stress. I think I just have to lay low for a while and stop obsessing over all of this. I have been in this thread for 2 months and thought I'd be out 2 weeks ago, if not at least last week. So then I thought definitely today.

I'm just sad. I'm working my tail off and my body is going against me. I still have like 40lbs to lose and if it's going to be like this, I don't think I can do it.

Anyways, thanks for listening. I got to get outside and breathe in some fresh air and wipe my crying eyes. Just so overwhelmed with this.

I wish I was reporting good news today.

thnknthin1
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh Elvislover.....I'm so, so sorry to hear that. I hope you can find the strength to wait it out. Just know it is water weight and will come off. I know how hard it is. It took me 2 1/2 months to get out of the two teens. You will probably have a nice surprise seeing a whoosh next week. :goodscale:

Keep your head up and stay strong girl, we know you can do it. :hug:

elvislover324
04-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you thinknthin.:hug: It's like my body doesn't want to go into the 100s. Sounds so silly to say that. But it's fighting me all the way there.

Roo2
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Sweetheart:hug: give yourself a pat on the back:) you had a great run...you were hot!!! But even the best Gambler gets a bad hand!

If you are doing IVF Buckle your seatbelt because this is like Riding the Demon at Six Flags:D: I speak from a vast personal experience.....many self induced injections .....and alot of Negatives.....But I believed and finally after many procedures and surgery I captured Lightening in a bottle:carrot:

This is how I gained alot of my weight ,plus steroids ..l.and of course overfeeding:hug:

You will get to Wonderland :hug:
Magic Fairy Dust sent your way girl...wishing all your future dreams come true.
it took me 13 years of dreaming ..trying and waiting but it happened ..I believed in my heart it would thru it all:hug:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

elvislover324
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Sweetheart:hug: give yourself a pat on the back:) you had a great run...you were hot!!! But even the best Gambler gets a bad hand!

If you are doing IVF Buckle your seatbelt because this is like Riding the Demon at Six Flags:D: I speak from a vast personal experience.....many self induced injections .....and alot of Negatives.....But I believed and finally after many procedures and surgery I captured Lightening in a bottle:carrot:

This is how I gained alot of my weight ,plus steroids ..l.and of course overfeeding:hug:

You will get to Wonderland :hug:
Magic Fairy Dust sent your way girl...wishing all your future dreams come true.
it took me 13 years of dreaming ..trying and waiting but it happened ..I believed in my heart it would thru it all:hug:
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Awwww thank you Roo. :hug: I'm on a mission, I want as much weight off as I can before getting pregnant!! And you are right, I did have a good run and it was bound to happen. I just didn't want it to happen today!! (I'm so selfish sometimes.) Thank you for your message, you always know the right thing to say.

wannaskipandlaugh
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh gosh.. I just don't know what to say to you.... I felt for sure it was going to happen for you... But I KNOW it will... and we all will hear it from the rafters when that scale shows you some sugar lol. Maybe your body is just testing itself out now trying to give itself cushion for when you do become pregnant!? HHHMMM Sometimes our main brain (the heart) does what our internal desire wants.... and as soon as it knows that your whole body is working in all its glory (to carry a child in the future) it will give up the extra cushion of water. That is my wish for you :) (kinda geeky I know... but there is so much we really don't know about our bodies that science is still figuring out)

:hug: to you Elvis

Daimere
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
I haven't read the entire thread at all. But *hug* x a billion. Other than that, I daily weigh and I know that the 3 days before my period I maintain. The day after I start, WHOOOOOOSH. So maybe next week you will lose more than a few pounds! PLUS SOME. You can do this. It's okay. Feel free to cry, rip paper up and more!

JustB1027
04-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Overwhelming is a good way to describe your day! I am so sorry about your experience with family. TOM is such an emotional rollercoaster at least you have one! So many hugs to you!! Hopefully you will be blessed with a better day tomorrow!!

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh gosh.. I just don't know what to say to you.... I felt for sure it was going to happen for you... But I KNOW it will... and we all will hear it from the rafters when that scale shows you some sugar lol. Maybe your body is just testing itself out now trying to give itself cushion for when you do become pregnant!? HHHMMM Sometimes our main brain (the heart) does what our internal desire wants.... and as soon as it knows that your whole body is working in all its glory (to carry a child in the future) it will give up the extra cushion of water. That is my wish for you :) (kinda geeky I know... but there is so much we really don't know about our bodies that science is still figuring out)

:hug: to you Elvis

Thank you, Sue. :hug: Your message made me so happy to read. I thought I was going to make it this week too after I missed it last week. I don't think there was anything geeky about your message, it made me calmer when I read it! I read your message at like 430am when I woke up with all kinds of things running around in my head but I couldn't do a big long reply on my phone (it's a pain!). I hope it is my body preparing for a baby, just the thought of it doing that brings me inner peace so thank you for saying that. I know my body is going through adjustments coming off my meds but I didn't want it to be this week! :D

I haven't read the entire thread at all. But *hug* x a billion. Other than that, I daily weigh and I know that the 3 days before my period I maintain. The day after I start, WHOOOOOOSH. So maybe next week you will lose more than a few pounds! PLUS SOME. You can do this. It's okay. Feel free to cry, rip paper up and more!

Thank you Daimere. I need those billion hugs! :hug::hug::hug: My emotions are out of control now that I'm off my meds so estrogen galore over here! I'm hoping for a woosh too! I just hate that I have to wait until next Monday AGAIN to see what happens. I'm not a patient person but what choice do I have?

Overwhelming is a good way to describe your day! I am so sorry about your experience with family. TOM is such an emotional rollercoaster at least you have one! So many hugs to you!! Hopefully you will be blessed with a better day tomorrow!!

Hi JustB, yes very overwhelming. I had myself all psyched up since last week thinking I'd be in the onederland club that keeps eluding my grasp! And you are right, I never knew I'd be so thankful to have my TOM back again (it means my body is fixing itself and trying to regulate after all this time). Thank you for the hugs, you have no idea how much all these posts mean to me. Today definitely will be a better day, I'm on the hunt for some sunshine. :hug:

fadedbluejeans
04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey Elvis! Maybe your husband can take you back to that diner so you can try out all the booths again :dizzy:
Seriously, you have come so far - I know you won't be down for long :)

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey Elvis! Maybe your husband can take you back to that diner so you can try out all the booths again :dizzy:
Seriously, you have come so far - I know you won't be down for long :)

LOL fadedbluejeans!!! It's a good thing he was at work yesterday after my weigh-in or I would have been at that diner eating bacon and pancakes to soothe my bummed feelings!! Just kidding. :) I am trying my darndest to not turn to food to make me feel better. And you are right, I *have* come so far, this is just life happening and I know that. :)

I never planned on taking onederland for granted but now, I surely never will!! It was all I wanted when I started this mission 128lbs ago. That if I made it to 199, that means I really did MAKE it. That I DID succeed. That I did prove my success to myself. It's like God wants it to be a Grand Jubilee celebration...and it WILL be. But now it really really will be!!!

Your post made me smile. Thank you for that. :hug:

betsy2013
04-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Elvislover, you've received 4 pages of replies to a truly awful day. You family situation -- other than what sounds like a jewel of a hubby -- may leave a lot to be desired, but your 3FC family obviously loves and adores you. What's that saying????? We can pick our friends but we can't pick our family. ;)

elvislover324
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Elvislover, you've received 4 pages of replies to a truly awful day. You family situation -- other than what sounds like a jewel of a hubby -- may leave a lot to be desired, but your 3FC family obviously loves and adores you. What's that saying????? We can pick our friends but we can't pick our family. ;)

I know, Betsy!!! :hug: I absolutely LOVE it here!!! The only reason I considered taking a break from this place was my own attitude. I don't want to bring you all down with my pettiness and whining. I know a gain of .6lbs is nothing to get all bent out of shape about and there are bigger things in the world to contend to. And I *know* I will get to onederland sooner or later. I just wanted it so freaking bad and I know you all understand the frustration. Perfect on plan, working my tail off, and then gaining?! So unfair!! These posts all made me so happy and supported. Thank you again everyone!! (See, I can't thank you all enough!?!)

JustB1027
04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Hey if we can't whine, complain and act petty here where everyone understands then where can we? I guess some would say we shouldn't act that way but it's life. At least here the people understand. Either because they are in the same boat or have just been through it! I hope you are finding your sunshine today!