WW Clubs and Groups - #287 Bale of Turtles Moving Forward!

Itryharder
04-14-2013, 09:50 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good heath and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all.
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
04-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'll be with my dd and new granddaughter for the next short while. I'll chime in when I can. Wishing the best to stay on track for all of us!
Judy

Princess1122
04-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Back from vacation - lots of fun and lots of weight gain but I had a good time and will be back on the wagon to get off the extra pounds that I am sure was gained :dizzy:

Hope everyone is having a great week...

bandit2
04-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi turtles:

Princess - glad you enjoyed your vacation and are back on track.

I have been "socially busy" and was up 2# last night at Tops. So definately have to cut back on food functions. Some things I attend I can skip the dinner part and just join in on the activity. So that is my plan for next week.

Hope everyone is doing well and can chime in when they can.

Judy - hope you are having a good time.

Terri - well, our weather is finally warming up. Crazy it was snowing here Wed evening.

All - good luck at the scales this week!

Itryharder
04-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Okay Turtles,
I see Bandit and Princess are ready for another challenge.
Let's start a challenge now through end of May.
I'll go to the challenge thread and post my goals.
I have been with my dd and baby very very often over the last couple of weeks. It's wonderful and exhausting.
My weight has stabilized, but it is stabilizing much too high. Time for me to get cracking. Since we are so busy I have decided that the only way to handle food that 's high in calories is to eat less of it. Sending best wishes to all!
Judy

Princess1122
04-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Hello Everyone and happy Monday! I am back on track with my eating today and got in a small walk on my lunch break. The sun is trying to come out here which would be wonderful, it has been rainy and gloomy here and I think that most everyone is ready for the sun and warm weather to get here... I know I am!

I will get back to my TOPS meetings on Thursdays and my WW meetings and W/I's on Saturdays and hopefully that will help to keep me on track.

I will head over to the other thread and post some goals!

Have a great day everyone!
Princess

life4evr
04-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone. I am doing okay. My eating has been out of control lately but thanks to work its not showing yet. Umm they have switched my halls again at work so I am feeling so so about that.

I have to start tracking again. Exercise is not really happening outside of work. I am about four lbs from my 10% so I figure if I buckle down and track I should make that soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Itryharder
04-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Life4evr, making your 10% will be awesome!!!! Here's :goodvibes: to do it.
I know you can! Yay.

Princess, I like your plan with TOPS and WW. Also it's great your eating is back on track.

Isn't it funny how we go off track so easily and then without any real reason we are back to doing what is good for us. :goodscale: I check in here when I can, but I've been spending just about 1/2 the week with my dd and new granddaughter. My eating has finally turned around for the better and I'm grateful for that.

:goodvibes: to all of us.
Bandit, I like that you're looking into social activities without the food. Makes sense for right now. I had been at 182, then climbed to 190, then 196 and look where I am now. ugh----so I hope we can all figure out what to do when and then do it.
Judy

bandit2
04-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi turtles:

On track & counting every blt (bite, lick, taste) and only have 1 social dinner I have commited to this week, so that is good. Went bowling last night and had dinner at home beforehand.

Life - making 10% is a real accomplishment, so hang in there!

Princess - nice job on being on track & getting in some walks.

Judy - nice you are spending time with dd and gd. I think if we can acknowledge our challenges and get back on track as soon as we can, it makes a big difference in the damage we do when side-tracked.
I know for me, when I am good I do really well but then when I fall off the old ww wagon I undo the good very quickly.

I heard something funny today & I don't want to offend any of you ladies but I had not heard this before, and it made me laugh.
One of the ladies I know referred to her dd with a husband as
DINKS which she said was "double income no kids"
Had to pass along - have a good evening.

Princess1122
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! Sunny and warm day here.... loving it! Got the yard work done yesterday after work so that is all done for a day or two, hard to say since the grass is growing like crazy with all the rain we have had!

When I was on vacation I stopped by a little local book shop and the gal that worked there recommended a book to me and I will pass that info along to you gals that like "The Help" which I loved the book, enjoyed the movie but thought the book went much deeper into some of the personalities.

This one is called "The Dry Grass of August" by Anna Jean Mayhew and I finished it in no time, really enjoyed it.

I got in my walk on Monday and today and yesterday mowed the yard so am on track with my exercise. I am still nibbling a bit during the day and need to get that under control but over all it is much better. Will take the dogs for a little walk this evening as they are wanting to get out and enjoy this wonderful weather also.

This coming Sunday I am doing a breakfast meal for my DS's girlfriend - she works second shift as a nurses aide so a lunch or dinner is hard to do. I am looking thru my WW cookbooks to come up with a couple of recipes that will feed everyone and still keep it festive for her b-day. The good news is that I will not be doing a cake since it is a breakfast...

Looks like everyone is getting their goals and game plans in place - Fabulous!

Princess1122
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Another sunny and pretty day here! I got my 3 mile walk away the pounds walk in this morning and will take the pups to the park for a quick walk on my lunch hour - did not get it in last night but they will enjoy it just as much today.

I have my TOPS meeting tonight and even with the scale being up since the last time I was there I am looking forward to see what that group has been up to so it should be fun.

The grandbaby is coming to spend the evening with us tonight while his mommy goes to class so that will be fun too.... he can walk with me to my meeting and then home and he will enjoy that.

Anyone tried any new recipes lately? I have been looking thru my cook books again trying to find new things to make, I get tired of the same things all the time :dizzy:

Hope everyone has a great day!

bandit2
05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi turtles

Beautiful day up here as well, so loving that.

I am going to try making zuccini tots this weekend, which sounds yummy for a snack or sidedish. Will let you know if they are good.
I too, have just been mostly having the same foods.
With weather being nice, I will be having more big salads which is always a nice meal. Last night I had big salad & topped with a tuna/mayo mixture.

Princess - good luck tonight at Tops. I also have my meeting tonight & really hoping for the scale to be down tonight. I am assistant weight recorder now, so that is different. Some ladies get so nervous before getting on the scale which surprised me. And if they gain, I try to lift their spirits and get them motivated for upcoming week.

All - good luck at the scales!

Princess1122
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Bandit: you are sooo nice to try and make those with a gain feel better! What a fantastic thing to do! Good luck to you too, I know I have a gain but will go with it...

Itryharder
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Oh glad to see you gals posting here. I've been spending 14hour days at my dd helping with the granddaughter. I realized we would be eating crazy foods (I'd cook but my dd is averse to almost everything right now---a leftover from being pregnant). To solve this I have been letting myself get a little hungry, postponing meals, and eating less. What a novel concept.
Glad you gals are back at TOPS. I'm empty headed about new meals right now, but if I think of anything I'll post it.
Scale stopped moving up and is starting to edge down. I'll post my weight over on our challenge thread.
Good luck to us all. Princess and Bandit and Life, you've got me inspired again. thanks.
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner.

Itryharder
05-02-2013, 04:20 PM
oooops, I just checked out our challenge thread and I weighed in on Mon. so I won't record my weight today-----Next monday will be fine.
Here's :cheer: to all of us!
Judy

Itryharder
05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Turtles,
It's a beautiful day here. Sunny and bright. We have our dgrandson here overnight. He's a cheerful kid and a lot of fun.

Looking forward to hearing how you all are doing.
:goodvibes: to Bandit, Princess, Life4evr(so close to your 10%), Terri, Cherry, and all the newcomers. Let's do this!
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I on Saturday and as I thought the scale was way up - over 5 lbs but I am on track so will do better this week. I did not stay for the meeting as my oldest dog was not well and I had to get her to the vet - there was nothing they could do and I had to have her put to sleep so it was a very sad weekend for us. I had her from a puppy and she was almost 16 years old - she will be missed greatly.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and best wishes for a good week!

bandit2
05-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Morning turtles

Princess - I am so sorry for your loss. That is so hard on all the family.
You take care & I will be thinking of you.

Hugs

Princess1122
05-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Hello everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Nicer here today so will need to get out and get my yard mowed... it is crazy how fast the grass is growing...

Bandit: Thank you for your kind words, yes she was my fur-kid and I loved her dearly... was with me for a very long time and she will be missed. Our other dog, the GSD - is very moupy and missing her very much I think... I am trying to get him out for walks when it is not raining to help keep him moving.

Judy: How is your dd and new grandbaby doing? Sounds like you are super busy with the new addition.

Life: How are you doing lately? Anything new and exciting with you?

Have to run guys... take care and have a great day!

Itryharder
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
hi Turtles,
Princess, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear dog.

I am spending a great deal of time with my dd and dgrandchild. My dd still needs a lot of help, but each day she is improving and that's a good thing.
I get on top of my food and then I lose it again. Ugh. I keep on trying but my weight is pretty bad.

Okay, onward and downward. We can do this! I've missed my last three WW mtg. and am annoyed because I am a pass customer and I pay for the meetings whether I go or not. Haven't been able to get to my meeting and I haven't made time to go to any others. Things will calm down soon and fall back into routines and that will be good.

Wishing everyone :goodvibes: and :goodscale: Remember: We deserve it!
Judy

Princess1122
05-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone and happy Thursday... ready for Friday to get here! I have my TOPS meeting and W/I tonight, not really expecting much because while I have been pretty good on my food and very good on my exercise we have eaten out a couple of times and while I made good choices the sodium is catching up along with the inflammation from the exercise - I will be happy to have stayed the same as last week at this point and then hope for a loss next week once things get calmed down.

I went to a Zumba class last night, that was a tough one after really only doing walking or nothing for so long LOL... ugh. I asked my physical therapist yesterday if I could go back to my cycle classes (spinning) and she told me to give a try and see how it goes so I signed back up at the gym again.

Judy: you are only one person trying to take care of your daughter, your grandbabies, husband, and your self... don't be too hard on yourself - you deserve a break so do what you can and let the rest go for now. I have faith that you will slip right back on the wagon full time when you can.

Bandit: So you should be able to start going to the lake soon if the weather keeps getting warmer... yah! Have you done your spring clean up in the yard, etc yet? I could mow my yard twice a week right now and it would not be enough LOL!

All: Have a great day!

Itryharder
05-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, that is such an encouraging message. I do feel that way, but the other side of me is lamenting that I put on this excess weight last May and haven't shaken it off over the past year.
Well, I'll start the new date now. Sounds good!

Glad you're getting back into exercise, etc. Eating out is tough with me too because of the salt. Also, I had been doing so well then ate out. Did great eating out........but then the next day I went way overboard with food.
This is all such a delicate balance.

Wishing everyone well!
Judy

Princess1122
05-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Hello Everyone and happy Friday! So happy this is the last work day of the week... it has been a long five days for some reason ;)

Went to TOPS last night and had a gain, now THAT was dissappointing but I will keep at it. Just have to keep moving forward or I will talk myself off of the wagon quicker then all get out! LOL.

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a happy Mothers Day! I think we are hosting here at the house but the guys are still wispering and trying to figure it out so who knows! I am going to offier to do the dessert though so I can enjoy some sweetness and not have another gain... :D

Judy: I totally feel your pain and my scale is way back up too... we can do this though even if it is a .2 loss at a time!

Take care everyone!

bandit2
05-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi turtles - nice to see you all posting when you can.

Been busy up here trying to get house stuff organized & I bottled a batch of wine yesterday, so all set for the summer season with wine.

Wanted to open trailer yesterday, but it was raining all day so need to get
up there before the long weekend to make sure everything is OK before we
land there.

Going into my dd tonight & staying over then she is taking me to see
Wizard of Oz at the theatre for Mothers Day, so that will be a nice outting
together.

My scale was also up Thurs evening at Tops (2#) but I wasn't surprised.
I had 2 dinners out plus I wore jeans since I was bowling afterwards.
Anyway, it is still disappointing to see a gain but at least I was prepared for it.

So, ladies we are all in this together and I thank everyone for posting here when you can & all the support and motivation I receive.

Goal next week is to get back to regular exercise, this has been missing for me since last fall. I have down a few walks here & there but not consistently which I desparately need.

All - enjoy your Mothers Day!

Princess1122
05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone and happy Monday to you all... ugh that was a very fast moving weekend! I need another one I think LOL!

Went to W/I on Saturday and was down a pound... I will take it and keep going. I went to my first spin/cycle class on Sunday in over 10 months... thought I was doing to die LOL... good lord it takes no time at all to get out of shape again! I only made it about 35 minutes and 11 kilometers but I will take it and go back again and again - it is one of the classes I truly enjoy - just need to get my endurance back up again.

Bandit: I always love to hear that you are thinking about opening or are in the process of opening your trailer up... it means summer is either here or on it's way

Judy: How are you doing with your busy schedule?

All: have a great day!

Itryharder
05-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi Turtles,
We know it's almost summer when Bandit is opening her trailer.
So glad you had a good mother's day with your dd.

Princess, yes the weekend went really fast. Here's kudos for losing a pound.Weigh to go! :goodscale:

Things here are so hectic, but today my dd's friend and I and my dh earlier finally finished moving my dd's family out of their house. Now we're going to help them arrange their new place which will be temporary.The exercise is good----I ache----but my food needs to be better. I am hoping to make my WW class on Wed. but we'll see what happens.

Wishing you all good things. :goodvibes: to all. Chime in when you can.
I love to hear what you have to say. We can do this . We are doing this.
Judy

Princess1122
05-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Very pretty warm day here but lots of rain on the way but it would not be May in Indiana if we did not have lots of rain especially as we approach race week...

Went to a spin class last night and made it the whole time which is good since Sunday when I went I only made it about 35 minutes... Need to build my endurance up again I guess.

I need to get to my outside flowers and plants purchased soon, I am running behind on my gardening but it has just been so chilly here that I have not even thought about it - yesterday the temps went way up into the 80's and we had to turn the AC - Crazy!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Princess1122
05-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Went to a Zumba class last night and got in about 60 minute of exercise so that was a good thing... I am taking today off from any exercise and will not be going to TOPS as the hubs is leaving on a fishing trip and we have much to do to get him ready and out the door early tomorrow morning.

Eating is still hit or miss for me... good days and not so good days but I will keep at it and eventually will be back in the groove.

Hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying the warmer weather that is slowly moving in. Lot of rain for us here over the rest of the week and the next week too but that just means no yard work LOL!

Take care all!

Itryharder
05-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi Turtles,
So glad to see you posting, Princess and Bandit. Hope dh has a good fishing trip.
All here is starting to calm down a bit. Got dd and her family out of the house they sold and into the house they're renting. Now they'll start looking for a house to buy.

We're finally getting rain here which should help the new grasseed dh put down grow. I've been getting so much exercise lifting boxes and unpacking that I think I've stopped the weight gain. Would love to break under 200# again so that I feel better about myself. That will happen.

Sending :goodvibes: to all. I must say our new grandbaby is absolutely adorable and so sweet. I've got all sort of yarn and I'd like to make a few sweet things for her. I quilted a blanket for her baby shower and made my usual double crochet soft yarn afghan. Now I'm ready to try something new.

Here's wishing a :goodscale: in everyone's future!!!!
Have a good weekend,
Judy

Princess1122
05-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all.

Went to W/I yesterday and was very disappointed to be up 2.4 lbs... I am exercising but the food part is still all over the place so really need to get it together otherwise this is a waste of time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and that you had a better W/I then I did :D

Princess1122
05-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Boy oh boy that weekend sure went fast!

The hubs had a good time on his fishing trip and got home safe so all went well there. I got to do everything that I had planned to do also so it was a fabulous weekend and I was sorry to see it end... LOL!

My apologies for my last post sounding so whiney... a large gain like that was hard to swallow but it goes to show that eating is just as important as exercising and just because you are doing one very well does not mean that you don't need to pay attention to other...

Using my smartphone with the WW app on it to do my food journal and log exercise so we will see how that works out this week.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to a fantastic week!

Princess1122
05-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday. I have been watching the news this morning as they cover the horror and devastation of the storm damage in OK - how heart breaking...

Hope everyone is safe and well!

Itryharder
05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey Turtles,
Princess, this is the place to whine and get over it and then move onward and downward. You are allowed to whine as much as you want.........which is much different than to "wine" as much as you want. I'm glad you've got the exercise down pat and now you're working with the apps, etc. and it will all fall into place. I'm sorry for your gain and know how devastating that is.
I have been playing around with that 200# magic number and it feels tough to go up and down on the wrong side. We can do it! We have done it and there is no reason why we can't do it now. :goodvibes: and :cheer: to us and all the turtles!!!

The nightmare in OK is horrible. God Bless them all.

I've been working so hard at my dd's and watching what I eat. I am looking forward to a decent WI tomorrow. Two of my closest WW friends and I are
getting together for lunch. It should be really nice and a wonderful time to catch up and have a few laughs.

Okay, wishing everyone well. Keep on keepin' on. Chime in when you can.
Hi to Princess and Terri and Life4evr and Cherry. We'll get this done!
Judy

life4evr
05-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Hey everyone so I am down like 25 lbs and two or three sizes I had to go shopping for a few pieces.

I am still working for my sanity I switched to a straight mon thru Friday second shift. Also from rehab to long term so far so good. Looking at gyms now and my health insurance kicked in yay. Hope everyone is well.

Princess1122
05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! It is race week here in Indy and the excitement is building in the city so lots of fun stuff to see here. We are not huge race fans so try and stay away from the Speedway area this time of year LOL - it is crazy over there!

We are thinking about a day trip or two for the holiday weekend but nothing too large. I have lots of stuff that I would like to do around the house and yard so will keep busy.

Having some issues with the HRT that my doctor has me on and I can not help but think that might have something to do with me not being able to drop any weight right now... not sure but food is pretty good and exercise is good also so will keep at it.

Life: Congrats on the loss and the new size! That is fabulous! Glad to hear that things are coming into line for you, that is a wonderful feeling when our hard work pays off.

Judy: Good luck to you and your W/I and it is so nice of you to help your DD and her family!

Bandit: What have you been up to lately?

Have to run, have a great day all!

bandit2
05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Morning, turtles

Been busy up here with organizing things at house plus all the yard work beginning of season, plus opened up the trailer & got that all up & running as well as yard work there. So busy time.
Been doing OK with my food but still lacking with regular walking, although
last weekend did 4 hours of yardwork between the 2 places. But am
pretty focussed with organizing my meals & controlling snacks.
Have Tops tonight, so hoping for another loss (was down 1# last week)

Been watching the news about the tornado - that is just so awful. My prayers are with everyone there coping with everything. I cannot imagine such drastic weather conditions. We had severe thunderstorms and that was enough.

Life - congrats on such fabulous results

Judy - hope all is well with you & family

Princess - hope you get your medication under control. Years ago I went on that for 3 months then quit & have not taken anything since. I didn't like all the bad press at that time & my mom didn't take anything, so thought I would follow suit.

Alll - hope you all have a weight loss this week.

Stay safe!

Princess1122
05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Bandit: I am actually considering it... to be honest it is not really helping and I have had my TOM for over two weeks now - I mean seriously!?!??! LOL no one wants that for 2+ weeks! Thinking I would be better off with out any of it and see what happens.

Itryharder
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Turtles,
Life4evr, it is so wonderful to read about all the progress you are making.
:bravo: :cheer: First you got your education, then a job, now a better job, and through it all you ended up accomplishing a great weight goal!! :goodscale: There is nothing as great as new clothes in a smaller size. Keep up the good work and chime in when you can. Congrats!

Okay, about me: I lost 2.6# this week at WW's. Hadn't been to a meeting for about 4 weeks, and I know I had gained quite a bit of weight during this time, so it felt good to get it under control and see a loss. I feel each day is a new challenge and I'm working hard at this. Also------no exercise, but I've been helping my daughter big time with the baby and setting up the new household and that seems to make a difference.

Princess, oh.............TOM for 2+ weeks would interfere greatly with a weight loss. ugh. I never tried HRT, but it seems like Bandit didn't have a great experience with it. I'm sending :goodvibes: and am happy you are exercising and have the food under control. You'll drop weight soon.

Bandit, I hope your WI was good. You are so busy. I know we all try to get walking in, but doing that much yardwork counts for a lot! Keep up the good work.

Things are going well here. Sending :goodvibes: to all the Turtles. I've been thinking about Lin and Lauren lately and wonder how they're doing.

Best to everyone. Judy

life4evr
05-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks everyone. As for TOM whew let's just say that is not my friend and will be a Dr visit soon. So even though I am down like two sizes I can't tell which is crazy. I can look at my fingers but that's about it. One of the nurses that I work with made a comment she was like look at you I can tell you are loosing. Truthfully if my scrubs weren't getting bigger I really wouldn't notice. So I am still on a night 7p-7a sleep schedule. Hopefully I adjust soon. Okay enough randomness everyone have a good day.

Itryharder
05-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey Turtles, have a great weekend! Here in the states we have a three day weekend for Memorial Day.

Life, you have lost a really nice amount of weight. I have an idea and I hope you don't think I'm being bossy. Here's an idea: Buy some ribbon or use string from around the house. Use it to measure your chest, another for your waist and another for your hips. Then as you lose inches you can mark where you are on the piece ofstring. It's really great because using a tape measure (at least for me) is disheartening but the string shows progress without the actual number. Also, I'd like to mention that sometimes it is tricky to really look at ourselves and acknowledge that we have lost weight.
I am giving you a :bravo: and :cheer: for sticking with this through a lot of tough times and having such a great result. Onward and downward!!!

Terri and Princess and Bandit and Cherry and all the Turtles. We can do this! We have made nice progress and it's time to lose some more weight!

Have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/198/170's or thereabouts :cool:

Princess1122
05-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Good morning everyone and happy sunday and holiday weekend! Love the long weekends!

I went to W/I yesterday and stayed for the meeting... I was down 3.0 lbs so even with TOM still here, yep it is still here!!!, I am down so that was a wonderful feeling! I will be calling the doctor next week if things don't improve. I stopped the HRT three days ago - going to see how things go but to be honest the headaches have come back now so I am not sure how all this is going to turn out... ugh.

The hubs and I are going to take the dog and head to one of the state parks later today if the rain holds off so am looking forward to that. We are looking into another GSD rescue dog so that ours wont be so lonely, I think he is really missing our old girl that just passed away earlier this month. We are not in a huge hurry and want to make sure it is a good fit so will just wait and see what happens.

Judy: Great loss for you! Good idea about the string also!!!

Bandit: Hope your weekend is going great!

Life: You are doing so great so even if you don't see it and I know what you mean about not noticing it, I am like that too, you are doing great and getting healthy which is a fabulous thing!!!!

Have to run but have a great weekend all!

Itryharder
05-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess :goodscale: and :bravo: and :cheer: That is a wonderful weight loss especially with TOM still hanging around. Ugh. So glad you dropped that weight. Yay and triple good for you!!! Hope you beat the bad weather and got out there to walk.

I haven't gotten any "official" exercise, but I have been working my butt off....well, one can dream. In any case, I mowed the lawn and washed down some plastic chairs and carted chairs and a table outside for the summer. Getting ready. In the meantime, my dd and grandchildren are here. We spent a nice day. They'll stay overnight and her dh will join us tomorrow. A good friend is coming to enjoy the family and BBQ tomorrow and our other dd and her dh are also coming, so we will have a nice gathering. I made a barley veggie casserole and if I think it's good, I'll post the recipe. Lots of ingredients, but all either froz. or canned so very easy.

Okay, everybody.............have a pleasant weekend. I think we seem in a good place so let's keep tackling our goal numbers a pound at a time!
Judy
234.6/198/170's and thinner!!! :cool:

bandit2
05-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi turtles

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend (ours was last weekend)
Princess - congrats on your weight loss, fabulous
& I love you are conssidering another rescue dog, So kind of you to open your hearts & home for them. That will be one lucky dog!
Life - you are really doing awesome, keep up the good work
Judy - you sound like a busy gal, hope you are having some down time for yourself & great you seen a loss on the scale.

Our weather has been crazy, last weekend we had a frost warning & today
it is hot, really have no idea how to dress when I leave in the a.m.

Baryley casserole sounds extremely tasty! I loved what you said
"new clothes in a smaller size" That would be a great magnet for my fridge!
Think I will post a sign to keep in site on my fridge & in my office.
That is truly motivating, love it!

All - enjoy your weekend, and lets all have success this week at the scales!

Princess1122
05-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Hello everyone and happy thursday to you all!

Busy times here for me... we adopted two very young puppies that needed a home desperately and quickly so it was a whirlwind thing but they are settling in and so am I... thank God that I work from home these days otherwise I could not have done it... not in a million years, they need too much attention. They are three weeks old and very cute rolly balls of fur and moving full steam into our hearts.

Very glad I made it to cycle class on Sunday and Monday because I have not been there since but will go tomorrow evenin as usual. Not a lot of time to eat right now between work and puppies so heres to hoping that a busy schedule will pay off at the scale!

I made a celebration cake to take to TOPS with me tonight since it is the awards ceremony for the year I think... I attend when I can but to be honest I am a bit out of the loop and concentrate on WW on Saturday more then I do TOPS - it is more for the fellowship that I stay I think.

Bandit: Crazy weather here too and they are calling for wicked storms this weekend. Have you read anything good lately? I am reading a Sanibel mystery novel that I purchased when I was there, it is from a local auther and not too bad... I think there are more in the series but I am not sure I will pursue it to be honest, one and done ;)

Judy: You are so busy lately I just don't know how you manage to do it all! How is your DD and her family doing getting things settled? I bet you are of great help and comfort to her! How was the casserole?

Life: How are you doing... did you get to go clothing shopping yet? Especially a fun activity when it is in a size or two smaller! Yah you!

All: Have a great day and I will check in with you all again when I can... chances are it will be when the puppies are taking a nap... kind of like now, peace and quiet - I have forgotten how wonderful it is since we are empty nesters lol...

bandit2
05-30-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi turtles

Princess - Those puppies are so cute, and awesome that you could give them a new home! I just started to read "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks and so far good. I am a slow reader, but like to have a book on the go and read when I can.

Super hot right now & very windy and as you said, we are in for some strange weather.

Judy/Life - hope you are all doing great.

I have Tops tonight, so will post my results tomorrow (not sure since I overdid last weekend, once again)

All - good luck at the scales!

Princess1122
05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello everyone and happy Friday!!!! Yah, so glad it is the end of the week... even with it being a short work week it has really seemed like a long one since we have the added work of the puppies. Heading to cycle class tonight and looking forward to it as I have not been to exercise since Monday! ugh, it is going to hurt a bit I have a feeling!

Bandit: Yes they sure are cute and a hand full but very loving and full of energy for being so young. Eager for the vet to check them out on Monday so that I can be sure I am taking care of them properly. I was down a lot from my last TOPS weigh in, 4.6 lbs but my official W/I is tomorrow at WW so we will see how that goes. I will have to add that title to my list! Thanks for sharing the title... I have been reading super slow these days... but like you I like to have one going at all times.

Judy and Life: Have a fabulous day and an even better weekend!

Itryharder
05-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Bandit here's to a :goodscale:
Princess, you're going great!!! :goodscale: to you. this is avery good thing.
I'm laughing because I bet chasing after the puppies is better exercise than almost anything else we could think to do. Maybe we should all come by and chase them with you!

I'm doing nicely, but restaurant eating and then overdoing yesterday fouled up my weight loss. I'm on today and it should be good from here on in.

I always like to come here and see how we're all doing. Thanks for keeping this thread going.

:bravo: and :goodvibes: to all of us.

Tomorrow we'll see our little grandson get a yellow belt in karate. He's very proud of himself.
Judy

CherryAutumn
06-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Oh my it has been forever since i posted on here. I am so sorry for being MIA for so long. Still having stomach issues even after surgery and dealing with issues caused by Endo. I cant really complain because it is the reason i have lost so much weight. I cant over eat without paying for it dearly. I do need to work on eating healthier choices. I have been eating a no wheat and gluten diet to try to help with pain management. I am maintaining weight for the past few months at around 145-147. Still may have more surgerys in the future. We shall see.

Judy- It was so sweet to see that you remembered me and mentioned me. I figured after so long no one would remember me. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are doing good. Congrats on the new grand daughter.

Hello to Princess, bandit, and Life4evr. Hope i didnt forget anyone.

Itryharder
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, always good to hear from you. I feel as though we all know each other after so much time. Glad your weight is very low. :goodscale: Sorry you're still having stomach problems. Sending :goodvibes: that you'll soon feel better.

Having a nice weekend. Food is okay, not terrible, but I still need to do better.
Hope you're all having a good weekend. We are finally getting some cool breezes here which are a good break from the heat. So crazy......winter and then sweltering summer. That's pretty much the way things have been going.

Okay, best wishes to Bandit and Princess and Life and Terri and Cherry.
Keep up the good work. Onward and downward we go!
Judy

bandit2
06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi turtles & glad to see Cherry back with us again

Weather up here is still crazy. Lots of heavy rain over weekend.
I was way up at Tops (2.4#) so was not happy with that at all.
A few nights out & of course no exercise & these are the results.
But new week is here & I have my runners with me to get started back
walking at lunch time. No excuses - I really need REGULAR exercise

All - lets have a great week!

Itryharder
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Princess, you're right! Routine gets the weight off. good luck with the :tread: and :exercise: We can do this.
judy!
:goodvibes: to everyone.

Princess1122
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! Things are hoping here at puppy central and yes it is good exercise and seriously who has time to eat when we are trying to feed and potty puppies... LOL! Not to mention my day job!

Was down 1.8 at weigh in on Saturday so it is coming off slowly but surely!

Cherry! So good to see you posting again! we have missed you! Great job on the weight loss!

Bandit: Great time to review your plan and with the nicer weather maybe walking will help. I found that when I log my food I do much better then when I don't... not sure if that helps at all.

Judy: Hope you are still doing well and managing your crazy busy schedule!

Have to run!

Itryharder
06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi Turtles,
I am going to start a new thread. See you all at #288 Bale of Turtles doing the Right Thing.

Went to WW WI this morning and was up .6#. Not much of a gain, but I was hoping to lose.

See you all on the new thread. Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/201/180's and lower

Princess1122
06-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! It is a very pretty day here, warm and sunny, hard to argue with that!

The week is chugging along for me but with some high stress in my personal life it is hard to not hit the kitchen so I am struggling with that but will keep at it.

I have to go in for a procedure on Friday, nothing major at all, just something most of us need to go thru when we turn 50 :o I hear the prep is worse than the procedure so tomorrow should be really interesting!

Judy: I am sorry that you had a gain, that is no fun at all but you are doing so well in the grand scheme of things with everything going on so don't stress and I am sure you will see a loss next week.

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: How are you doing so far this week?

Life: What have you been up to?