General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Default Lemon Water - do you drink it?

The very first time I drank lemon water, I HATED IT! I took a few sips, nearly gagged, and swore it off. That was last year at the start of my diet. I went back to it again tonight out of sheer curiosity (how do so many people do it?!) and... it's actually quiet good/refreshing this time around! I'm not sure why I suddenly like it. Taste change after eating healthier for a year?

However, I still can't stand it warm. I have it in ice ice cold water.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Only at restaurants.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

I used to hate it but now I like it. But I'm a bit like Goldilocks, not too much lemon and not too little. I also like it really cold.
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I love it and find it really refreshing and a nice morning ritual to remind myself that I am going to nourish my body with healthy things for the day.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

YUCK! NO! I hate it. If I want lemon in my water, I'll order lemonade. I always ask for plain water, no ice or anything in it. Some people can't grasp that fact and bring one with lemon in it. I've told them I ordered it with no lemon and they will go back and remove the lemon. I have to hold on to that glass and ask for another one. They think removing the lemon removes the pulp and gagging taste. They are stupid.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Usually when I eat out, which is a lot. It jazzes up my plain water and doesn't cost anything. Not only are soft drinks typically full of sugar or aspartame (neither of which I want to put in my body), they're crazy expensive!

I used to order unsweet tea (and still do occasionally) but that costs just as much as a soda. I can't believe a small starts out as $2 in some places now.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I don't mind it. I am NOT a water drinker at all. I hate it, it's so boring. I will only drink it at the gym. But I do find myself always grabbing flavored water when I can, especially the lemon one. My favorite is the lemon water from Big Y. It's cheap and believe it or not has such a great amount of lemon and doesn't taste "fake" if that makes sense. I rarely get lemon water at restaurants because their lemons skeeve me out.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by celigirl88 View Post
I rarely get lemon water at restaurants because their lemons skeeve me out.
Besides, you don't know if they've really bothered to wash them. They just get them in and slice them.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #9  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I only drink it cold at at home. I just use bottled lemon juice though.

I won't drink water from restaurants with lemon. Lemons harbor a lot of bacteria and I can guarantee most restaurants don't wash them.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #10  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I don't know why but I totally read the title in Samuel L Jackson's voice from Pulp Fiction.

I don't hate the lemon water but I prefer plain water.

Last edited by amandie; 03-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Quote:
They think removing the lemon removes the pulp and gagging taste. They are stupid.
I don't know why, but I'm still laughing about this.

Anyway, I'm really picky about my water. I've tried lemon water and cucumber water, flavored water...but unfortunately it just tastes 'dirty' to me. I either want something that tastes like juice or something that tastes like water, not anything in between. I wish I liked it though, because I'm terrible at drinking water ._.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

I absolutely love lemon water but I usually only have it at restaurants because I won't go through the extra effort to slice one at home.

I wish I hadn't read this thread, restaurant lemon water has officially been ruined for me. I wash my produce with vinegar water or slightly soapy scathing hot water. For some reason it never crossed my mind that restaurant lemons are probably ultra gross.
luckyme0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
Besides, you don't know if they've really bothered to wash them. They just get them in and slice them.
Exactly. And something about them sitting by the bar (which is normally where they get them) freaks me out. I'd rather just skip the lemon and drink normal water if I have too.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/206/150

Height: 5'4

I saw the news story on lemons in restaurants not being clean and won't touch them... I never spend the time on lemon water - it is hard enough for me to think about drinking water.
Agalinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #15  

I will only have it at restaurants. However I remember hearing that hot water with lemon was good for you. I think you are supposed to drink it when you are retaining water.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote