Looking Good, Feeling Great - You Know You've Lost Weight When...

SoMuchFattitude
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
...your knee highs become thigh highs...

Your turn! What about you?

RedRevolver
03-06-2013, 09:47 AM
When walking to the shop and back is no longer a big deal.

Lol.

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
When you don't see this big shadow following you around anymore. It's just a small one now. :)

betsy2013
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Your family stops "saving" the special chair for you at holiday meals. You know -- the one that is so sturdy an elephant couldn't break it!

SoMuchFattitude
03-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Your family stops "saving" the special chair for you at holiday meals. You know -- the one that is so sturdy an elephant couldn't break it!

:lol: OMG - I'm actually laughing out loud at my desk. :lol:

Bex1984
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
When your favorite bartender asks your drink order because he doesn't recognize you!

Pink Hurricane
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
When you have less leg to shave, I noticed that the other day! :lol:

elvislover324
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
When you have less leg to shave, I noticed that the other day! :lol:

I noticed this one too!!! And I don't have to lean on anything to prop myself up anymore to shave my skinnier legs! On the same idea, I can also tie my shoelaces like a normal person (i.e. I don't have to find a set of stairs, chair, etc. to prop my leg up to reach).

devadiva
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
When I run I have to squeeze through a fence.....not anymore.....even with my water belt on?

03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
When it becomes difficult to shave your armpits.

Mine are boney and concave at certain angles. That was a weird realisation in the shower!

Daki
03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
you can cross your legs and they stay crossed without you holding it!

Fit dad 2b
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
When you realize you've got more room between your stomach and the steering wheel.

the shiv
03-06-2013, 04:48 PM
You have to keep pulling your trousers up to prevent them from falling off. I have waited a LONG time for that one!!! 16s, here I come! :D

Saga
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
You teach yourself to sew so you can tailor your favorite clothes so that they still fit you!

You start carrying safety pins everywhere you go, in case your pants or skirt threatens to fall off of you because they're so loose.

You can see bones you had forgotten you had. Best discovery ever!

the shiv
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Duh. Safety pins!! It's been so long since I even had to use those, my body always held my clothes up... I shall be purchasing some of those :D

ChickieChicks
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Safety pins! LOL I had to use one of the pins from my bib during a race to hold up my running pants. Lolol

shortchick
03-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Mine are boney and concave at certain angles. That was a weird realisation in the shower!

LOL..I totally get this. Shaving the"pits" is kinda hard now!

chubbiegurl
03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
When teenage son who lives with his dad comes over and u walk into the garage where he is and he says "who r u, oh hey mom"

Garnet2727
03-06-2013, 08:24 PM
When a necklace you wear all the time keeps getting longer and longer and longer...

Misti in Seattle
03-06-2013, 08:27 PM
You constantly catch yourself wrapping your fingers around your wrist... just because you can!!

You go into the health food store where you have been going for several years when you are out of town (once a month or so) and where you have gotten to know the owners... and the guy does not recognize you until you start talking. :)

IanG
03-06-2013, 08:31 PM
When I can bend and see my ribs again.

LRH
03-06-2013, 08:44 PM

OMG, I was commenting on that the other day! I would have rather lost some inches on my thighs instead of my armpits, but I'll take whatever I can get!!! :D

exhale
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
when you have enough space between your thighs when sitting down for your cell phone to slip through and fall on the floor

marigrace
03-07-2013, 05:18 AM
When it makes more sense to put your napkin on your lap than around your neck.

Misti in Seattle
03-07-2013, 05:52 AM
When you pass by a big window in a store where you can see yourself and you can't believe how skinny your legs look.

SoMuchFattitude
03-07-2013, 07:24 AM
I'll be honest - I'm not sure if it's the PMS or what, but reading these made me tear up this morning. It's been pretty awesome to sit down and take it all in. We've come a long way ladies. Every day isn't easy, but reading these and relating is pretty d@mn awesome. :hug:

Wannabeskinny
03-07-2013, 07:29 AM
You know you've lost weight when you no longer have a permanent wedgie.

zoesmom
03-07-2013, 08:22 AM
When in the top bunk of your child's bed making it, you don't hear the moans and groans of the wood trying to collapse under you anymore. :D

ArtyKay
03-08-2013, 05:39 PM
When you're not constantly tugging at your clothes. (One I'm looking forward to experiencing again.)

Garnet2727
03-08-2013, 05:41 PM
When you fit into a regular size band of a woman's watch...with band to spare.

Looky my new watch!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u32/Garnet2727/2013-03-08_16-07-23_85_zpsa0f6b2c9.jpg

Radiojane
03-08-2013, 05:47 PM
When your pants fall down while you're making lunch... whoops!

When you can walk in to an every day, no specialty clothing store and actually buy something other than earrings!

Saga
03-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I experienced a new one today... When you can squeeze past people in a theater or classroom row of chairs without making them all file out into the aisle! (Someday, I'm going to be able to squeeze past them without them even having to stand up). :D

When you have to shorten all your bra and camisole straps because they're starting to get too baggy, leaving gaps that make you look indecent!

JollyGreenSteen19
03-08-2013, 06:17 PM
When putting your bra on doesn't feel like a work out anymore (seriously I felt like I was getting a serious yoga stretch)

Putting on pants without sucking in and laying down.

elvislover324
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
When you can fold over the opening of your robe and tie it shut so it overlaps and closes properly. (This robe used to not even meet in the middle but I wore it anyway, how gross!)

Garnet2727
03-08-2013, 06:30 PM
When your sports bra starts to look like a tank top.

wannaskipandlaugh
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
When its easy to put your shoes on without having to put your feet up on a chair and hold your breath while you lean over to tie the sneakers. Oh it is nice that it doesn't hurt to put on shoes anymore. (meaning I have no excuse for not going walking anymore either! ) :lol:

beachluvr79
03-08-2013, 08:45 PM
When your hips don't touch the sides of the bathtub anymore.

musicalchick
03-08-2013, 08:53 PM
When your pants are too big and you need a belt.

dcapulet
03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
your shoes fall off while walking
your undies bunch up when you put pants on
your collar bones stick out
you can shop your old (like 10+ years old) clothes and find things that newly fit
you WANT to take full body pictures
you swim and almost flash everyone!

bugsiee
03-08-2013, 11:04 PM
.. you walk into a clothing store and when you reach the plus size section located at the very back you remember these aren't even your sizes anymore and have to walk back to find your now smaller size.

Elladorine
03-09-2013, 12:23 AM
When I can bend over to pick up stuff off the floor like it's nothing. :carrot:

Misti in Seattle
03-09-2013, 01:25 AM
You can now carry your water bottle in your fleece jacket pocket and it falls down against your stomach because there is so much room in the jacket... so you barely know the bottle is there.

Scondy
03-09-2013, 02:17 PM
When you go through your closet and try on clthes only to find out everything hangs off the figure like a mumu.

When your size too small pants you broke the zipper out of now fits perfectly again.

Misti in Seattle
03-09-2013, 08:37 PM
When you find yourself repeatedly digging through you underwear trying to find a bra that is not too big around!!

Karalopez
03-12-2013, 09:05 AM
when you try to look at your back!

elvislover324
03-12-2013, 09:11 AM
when you can paint your toenails and both breathe and reach at the same time. This made my whole day today!!!

Love this thread, I nod at all that you write!!

zoesmom
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Love this thread, I nod at all that you write!!

:goodvibes: Me too.

...When you wake up, do your entire morning routine, and are half way to work when you realize your lower back or knees didn't hurt this morning (the first time in over a decade) when you got up.

SoMuchFattitude
03-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Because I need the boost today...

- When you don't feel like everyone is staring at you.

elvislover324
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM

I know this feeling. And I don't miss it. I feel so normal now, I guess I just fit in now. It's been a long time.

(This might belong better under confessions as it makes me feel so guilty.)

HealthyTree
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Not using a beach towel to cover your bits when you get out of the shower! A normal hotel towel finally fits around my body now! Yeaaaah.... :)

JollyGreenSteen19
03-12-2013, 04:42 PM
When putting on a one piece swimsuit is easy.

Radiojane
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
When you can fold over the opening of your robe and tie it shut so it overlaps and closes properly. (This robe used to not even meet in the middle but I wore it anyway, how gross!)

I bought a lighter fabric robe for the warmer weather (my old one is fleece) the other day, and I stood for a good ten minutes opening and closing it because I was so stoked it fit!

when the straps on everything - shirts, tanks bras, are constantly down around your arms and not on your shoulders

When you have to bag up five pairs of shoes to give away because they're too big, not toss them into the trash because you've stuffed your feet into them and worn them down to rags.

mandypandy2246
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Do your feet really shrink?

Radiojane
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Mine have. I've gone from a 12W to an 11 regular

elvislover324
03-12-2013, 05:39 PM
My feet shrunk (lost retaining water?) too, hello old strappy sandals I couldn't wear for years!!

zoesmom
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
When you want to toss your wedding ring across the room in frustration. Not because your marriage is in shambles. Nope. Not even. Because you are getting tired of the ring twisting around and falling to your first knuckle and uncomfortably chaffing your skin. That's a new one for me :lol:

Mission Fat to Fab
03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
When you look down and all you can see are boobs, and not the outline of your belly... I LOVE this one.

When you walk up three flights of stairs and you're not breathless.

When you try on an outfit that once fit you perfectly, and it slides down your shoulders because it is too big for you :-D

bunnabear
03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
When you want to toss your wedding ring across the room in frustration. Not because your marriage is in shambles. Nope. Not even. Because you are getting tired of the ring twisting around and falling to your first knuckle and uncomfortably chaffing your skin. That's a new one for me :lol:

I'm going to have to get mine resized. I came very close to loosing it the other day because it is too big. I wouldn't have expected it just yet since I have 11 pounds to go but I can just slide it off and on my finger with no resistance. I would be devastated if I lost it.

beachluvr79
03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Not using a beach towel to cover your bits when you get out of the shower! A normal hotel towel finally fits around my body now! Yeaaaah.... :)

hehe.. love this one!! we just registered for linens and I didn't have to get bath sheets. Just regular towels.

Em Coconut
03-12-2013, 08:42 PM
When you try on that super cute strapless bra you bought without trying it on that was too small, and you find that it now won't even stay up....Never got to wear it, but I ain't complaining :D

Kymish
03-12-2013, 09:00 PM
You can see bones you had forgotten you had. Best discovery ever!

I agree with this one! Today i discovered my collar bone ! I tapped on it all day cause I was so happy, now it hurts.. I don't recommend doing that lol

NorthernChick13
03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
When your yoga pants get less and less see through in the derriere, from being so stretched out! Too bad I didn't realize them before I wore them TEACHING!!

daniellemariexx1
03-12-2013, 11:41 PM
when you shadow doesnt look like an egg with legs

Misti in Seattle
03-13-2013, 07:04 AM
When everywhere you go you find yourself looking around you and realizing you are NOT the biggest person there!

SoMuchFattitude
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Yes, my feet have gone from a 9 to a 8.5 - and now my 8.5's are getting a little big. OH DARN - have to buy ALL news shoes AGAIN :lol: DH is gonna love that!

chubbiegurl
03-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Because I need the boost today...

I feel just the opposite, no longer a wallflower, hubby notices guys checking me out, including his bro and I notice girls giving me the head to toe look now. Before I think I was invisible.

Love all these posts

SoMuchFattitude
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I feel just the opposite, no longer a wallflower, hubby notices guys checking me out, including his bro and I notice girls giving me the head to toe look now. Before I think I was invisible.

Love all these posts

Oh no, I meant in a bad way. The difference between "D@mn, that's a big @ss girl" and "D@mn, I'd hit that!" :rofl: I don't mind being objectified for my hotness now. HA!

elvislover324
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Loved reading these today, nodded and smiled at every single one. :)

Saga
03-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Your wide shoes no longer fit!

I love reading these... always an awesome motivator in the middle of the day!

LockItUp
03-13-2013, 04:19 PM
When shaving your legs becomes a quick and painless ordeal, but shaving your pits becomes a pain.

When you look at the sizes you can fit into now and think they look WAY too tiny to fit, but they DO!

When you try a body weight exercise you haven't tried for 80+ pounds and throw so much force into it that you practically shoot yourself into space.

When you don't mind posting full body pics on FB instead of just face shots, or cropping yourself out of family/friend pics completely.

When you actually LIKE going clothes shopping instead of just doing it because nothing fits and you have no choice.

When you have been walking past a glass door or window and see some skinny b!tch wearing your same outfit and get all sad cuz she's making you look bad, then realize it's your REFLECTION. (Has happened to me more than a couple times, you'd think I'd catch on quicker)

The towel thing!!!

The shoe thing!!!

UrbanHavok
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
When your boots become too loose around your calves!!!! :D

ChickieBoom
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM

This! I can walk around my apartment in my towel now because it actually fits around my body...with room to spare!

ChickieBoom
03-13-2013, 04:51 PM
When rings you'd stop wearing actually fit again.
When you realize that you can fit on a Metro seat without spilling into the seat of the person next to you.
When you realize that you don't have to give other people such a wide berth because you're not taking up as much space as you used to.

AlmostMe
03-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Ha ha! My feet better not shrink. I LOVE my shoes. But I think I'll be ok as I'm still wearing the same size shoes I've worn for years - thick and thin-ner.

Jennifer1966
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
When you are getting ready to walk out the door and your darling 18 year old DD says, "you look skinny" because your coat is fitting so much better!

Misti in Seattle
03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Yes, my feet have gone from a 9 to a 8.5 - and now my 8.5's are getting a little big. OH DARN - have to buy ALL news shoes AGAIN :lol: DH is gonna love that!

Oh what a SHAME that you have to buy all new shoes!!!

:cheer: :lol: :lol: :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle
03-14-2013, 07:09 AM
When lying in bed at night, you find yourself wrapping your arms around your shoulders... just because you CAN!

Roo2
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
When your able to share your Skinny Teenage daughter clothes, instead of sharing your Hubby's sweaters and sweatshirts.

zoesmom
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
I had to go try the shoe thing out yesterday. I've noticed mine where getting loose, but I figured it was because they were old. I used to wear 8.5 - 9 before I gained all my wieght. Past couple years, I've been in 11's. Yesterday, went and tried some one...SIZE 9-1/2!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: Shoes are so much cuter in smaller sizes :D

...when your co-worker pulls you aside and asks, "Have you had plastic surgery? Your cheekbones look higher and more defined than I remember." Not like I could lose the weight or anything :lol: At least it wasn't the "Did you do something with your hair" comment I usually get.

Wannabeskinny
03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
"Did you do something with your hair" comment I usually get.

Oh yes, the hair comment! Whenever I lose a few pounds my hair miraculously calls a lot of attention to itself.

straightahead
03-17-2013, 04:50 PM
These are fun...I am enjoying my collarbone and bony shoulder tip right now. And Friday someone asked me, "You look great - ok, what is different? Hair color? Weight?"

For me though, my feet never change size (I have size 5-5.5 feet, depending on the shoe). I always have freakishly small feet and hands, no matter my weight; all my weight gathers at my torso

More:
-Your pants and even your underwear are sagging at the butt
-Holding "Boat pose" in yoga is no longer a dreaded form of torture
-Spanx is no longer a necessary part of the daily wardrobe to hide rolls

03-17-2013, 08:35 PM
When your stomach no longer gets wet when you do dishes - simply because it no longer lops over the sink!

When your breasts no longer rest on your stomach.

When clothing no longer cuts off your circulation! Socks, hose, cuffs, necklines...

When guys can hug you and you feel like you're being cuddled instead of strongarmed. Do you remember those hugs? Like they couldn't even get both arms around your waist... good grief. :(

When you can gauge everyone's size clothing because of how you've watched your own progress :P

Shrinkberry
03-17-2013, 08:54 PM
When you have to re-introduce yourself to someone you see infrequently. Happened to me this week with a co-worker who works in another office. Kinda embarrassing for both parties involved.

Misti in Seattle
03-17-2013, 09:37 PM
When you hug someone and are shocked at how easily you can reach around each other, and your massive boobs no longer get in the way so much.

Saga
03-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I found a new one (for me) today! I know I've lost weight because I can cross my legs at my knees again! That was a very pleasant surprise!

LadyP2013
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
When almost every customer at my job is telling me I look skinny and I've lost a lot of weight.....(yes, this is happening to me right now)

When my ab lines start showing big time......so exciting! :)

LadyP2013
03-24-2013, 10:55 PM
When your stomach no longer gets wet when you do dishes - simply because it no longer lops over the sink!

When your breasts no longer rest on your stomach.

When clothing no longer cuts off your circulation! Socks, hose, cuffs, necklines...

When guys can hug you and you feel like you're being cuddled instead of strongarmed. Do you remember those hugs? Like they couldn't even get both arms around your waist... good grief. :(

When you can gauge everyone's size clothing because of how you've watched your own progress :P

I knowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!

LadyP2013
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM
when you shadow doesnt look like an egg with legs

You just gave me a good laugh with that one.

smashlers
03-25-2013, 12:32 AM
When you have to go to the restroom at work and do the "tights dance" in private because tights that used to leave marks on your belly are now slipping and falling down around your hips!

Or- when your slimmer friend leaves a sweet coat in your car at the end of fall, and after months of trying, that bad boy zips! Boom! (She lives far away! I swear if she lived closer I would give her her coat back! Maybe :P)

Garnet2727
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM
When you've worked from home for 8 weeks while wearing nothing but sweats then you go back into the office and the business clothing you have is now too big. My pants are falling off me.

LadyP2013
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM
When you can wear your smaller friends clothes perfectly.

dgramie
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
NO more heart burn meds!!!

elvislover324
03-25-2013, 05:22 PM
When you have to go to the restroom at work and do the "tights dance" in private because tights that used to leave marks on your belly are now slipping and falling down around your hips!

This!!!! Except I do it more places than just the ladies room!

SoMuchFattitude
03-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Your husband calls you Urkel because you are always pulling your pants up super high so they stay put. :lol:

Wannabehealthy
03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Many of these responses had me laughing my butt off! I don't have any to add, but I do have a funny story. I am still pretty big. One day at work I had on a pair of elastic waist pants and the elastic broke. But the pants didn't budge. So I was saying "You know you're too fat when the elastic breaks in your pants and they still don't fall down." LOL

Wannabeskinny
03-27-2013, 08:08 AM
...When you are horrified that you used to wear sweatpants out in public (other than at the gym).

Roo2
03-27-2013, 08:49 AM
When you no longer have to worry if that makes you look fat!

Radiojane
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
When you can walk across a snowbank, down an icy road, etc without holding on to someone! My brother's roommate was waiting to help me across the snowbank (because the lazy buggers don't shovel a path to their door), and I was totally fine on my own! I never realized how much help I needed to stay on my own feet in the winter!

elvislover324
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
I pulled my dress pants down today to change into workout clothes and when I went to fold them to put on the chair, I realized they are button/zipper style. OOOPS. :)

Andrea85
03-27-2013, 05:22 PM
When you can put on an outfit and just run out the door because you know they all look good! I used to have certain pants that would ONLY go with certain shirts because the waist line of where my pants hit would look terrible with 90% of my shirts, or a shirt would only look good with one pair of pants. I love that I can just pull out a shirt and jeans and I KNOW they will look good together :)

MSDEEDEE23
03-27-2013, 05:42 PM
When you enjoy wearing belts

Misti in Seattle
03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
These are great!! Thanks for the laughs.

When you grab an old T-shirt to throw into your gym bag to put on just to wear home after your pool workout and shower... and you walk by the mirrors on your way out and realize you look like you are wearing a tent!!

NightowlAnnie
03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
When I can tie my shoes a little easier :jig:

zoesmom
03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
When you look at a photo of yourself taken a year ago and have to second guess if you know who that person is.

SunnySide99
03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
When you put on a winter coat from last season and now can fit two of you in the same coat this season. (This happened me to me last week!)

elvislover324
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
These are awesome!!

Precious Little
03-28-2013, 07:37 PM
DH calls me 'alien' because he says I have a skinny neck and a big head!! :joker:

ReillyJ
03-28-2013, 09:27 PM
when.... i used to have a huuuuuuge chest, i mean they each looked like a good size rump roast, LOL and now i look like a 14 year old girl :P

JuvenileNarcissist
03-29-2013, 10:00 PM
When you can't sit on a wooden chair too long or your butt hurts cause there's not enough padding there anymore.

When you have to scoot forward to the edge of a booth or you can't reach your food.

When you can not only cross your legs, but you can cross your legs under a table.

When you can wear high heel shoes without your toes turning into little vienna sausages of swollenness.

When your dad starts yelling at you, because he thinks a stranger just walked into his house.

Scondy
03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
When my own mom didn't recognize me at the gym. ;)

elvislover324
03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
When you can't sit on a wooden chair too long or your butt hurts cause there's not enough padding there anymore.

When you have to scoot forward to the edge of a booth or you can't reach your food.

When you can not only cross your legs, but you can cross your legs under a table.

When you can wear high heel shoes without your toes turning into little vienna sausages of swollenness.

When your dad starts yelling at you, because he thinks a stranger just walked into his house.

Loved these!!

Roo2
04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
You know you've lost weight when you and you teenage daughter comes over and sits in the same chair with you at the kitchen table ...and you fit!
My daughter did that last night at supper! I was amazed one of us did not fly off the chair ! This is Wooden Amish chair ...so not oversized.

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Rhiko
04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I put last years winter sweat pants on and I can pull out the waist.
My 'fat pants' are falling off!
I start feeling better about myself.
I like being in public.

:woohoo::dance::woohoo:

Misti in Seattle
04-06-2013, 10:14 AM
When you sit down on your low couch for a few minutes to do something and then jump up and are running around the house when it suddenly hits you... I can't DO that. :) It used to be a major feat for me to get up off of that couch LOL

Misti in Seattle
04-06-2013, 10:17 AM
And my best one of all... when the doctor, chiro and surgeon you have been working with for the past 8 months to help you get into good enough shape.. low enough weight... to have the surgery to reduce your absolutely massive breasts... all have beaming smiles on their faces when they tell you how proud of you they are. And when the surgeon tells you he KNOWS he can get it approved as a medical issue with your insurance... and does so!! :)

Misti in Seattle
04-07-2013, 01:03 AM
I love this thread! This one happened to me today...

...when you are in a thrift store and walking down a narrow aisle and you are facing a full length mirror. You are shocked that this actually a reflection of YOU walking toward he mirror!

amandie
04-07-2013, 01:27 AM
When your stomach doesn't rub or touch the steering wheel and there's a nice gap in between now!

fitwayoflife
04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
When your bra becomes so loose that when you have it on, you can fit two fists in one cup.

When you can sit on the floor, draw your knees to your chest, and keep them there for a long time.

zoesmom
04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
When you have to strain over your boobs to see your belly :D
And my best one of all... when the doctor, chiro and surgeon you have been working with for the past 8 months to help you get into good enough shape.. low enough weight... to have the surgery to reduce your absolutely massive breasts... all have beaming smiles on their faces when they tell you how proud of you they are. And when the surgeon tells you he KNOWS he can get it approved as a medical issue with your insurance... and does so!!

Gods....I had my BRS June of 2010. BEST. THING. EVER.

newleaf123
04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
When you have to scoot around in an Adirondack chair to align your spine with the openings between the slats because its gotten too bony to be comfortable otherwise. Wow, this one really took me by surprise; those chairs used to be comfortable!

newleaf123
04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I love this thread! This one happened to me today...

...when you are in a thrift store and walking down a narrow aisle and you are facing a full length mirror. You are shocked that this actually a reflection of YOU walking toward he mirror!

Love this one... Totally!

newleaf123
04-18-2013, 08:31 AM
when you don't feel awkward and uncomfortable when your skinny friend stops to peruse some clothes in a passing store.

Roo2
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
When your kids notice you getting up off the floor using no hands just your leg muscles and glutes

Roo2
04-18-2013, 01:43 PM
When your Husband can carry you upstairs to your bedroom without throwing out his back!

Return2Fast5
04-18-2013, 03:40 PM
I love, love, love this thread...thanks for the chuckles!! :D

SoMuchFattitude
04-25-2013, 07:44 AM
When your Husband can carry you upstairs to your bedroom without throwing out his back!

ONE DAY! OMG - this is something I've always thought about. My mom is tiny (110'ish, 5'2") and my dad would pick her up and carry her to bed when she fell asleep on the couch as a kid. I always thought it was so sweet. I always feel asleep on the couch and one day my husband will pick me up and carry me to bed. :D Thank you for this!

domesticbliss
05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
When you don't get out of breath while taking a shower...
When you need to go down a cup size...
You start to see where your waist is...

Joanne M
05-05-2013, 07:00 AM
When you can fit in to your smaller clothes.

Rhiko
05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
you have to buy new underwear! :lol:

ChickieBoom
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
When you're not the one who always gets singled out to sit in the front seat.

nitrus29
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
when you are at the bathroom sink and the door that wouldn't close behind you cos your butt was in the way NOW closes by itself !!! :D :carrot:

Roo2
05-10-2013, 05:48 AM
When your out doing yardwork and your neighbors driving by in the car and stop and do a double take ...to check you out.....and ask what have you been doing!!!! And ask for your secret.:D

When taking out trash to curb you make sure you look pulled together in case you are spotted outside!!!:dizzy:

Novus
05-10-2013, 06:02 AM
When you spend two days texting friends to remind them to bring cameras to Girls Night Out....instead of plotting ways to "accidentally" break cameras if they are brought. :D

Misti in Seattle
05-12-2013, 10:06 PM
When you are out walking around in your parking lot and your neighbor laughs and tells you you need to go buy smaller clothes. :) (Okay, so my massive breast reduction surgery had something to do with it but I was still wearing my fleece from 90 pounds ago LOL)

rachieready
05-12-2013, 10:38 PM
This thread is AWESOME!! I've made lists of things to look forward to, but this stuff is so funny and full of things I haven't even thought about! LOL

Misti in Seattle
05-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Again still related to the breast reduction surgery but it is still fun.... when you shower and automatically start to lift up your massive boobs to wash under them... and there is nothing there to lift up LOL

time2lose
05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
When the t-shirt that you once discarded because it was too tight becomes your loose comfortable night shirt.

ChickieBoom
05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
When you can take a small overnight bag for a weekend trip because your clothes are so much smaller and take up less space.

elvislover324
05-13-2013, 04:20 PM
When your husband calls you bony!! I never thought I'd have that adjective to describe me! And I asked him to repeat it so I could hear it again!! :D

Precious Little
05-18-2013, 09:00 PM
You're jumping around doing Turbo Fire HIIT workouts and your workout shorts fall down off your hips ... this happened and I was soooo embarrassed (yet amused) even though no one was watching...

elvislover324
05-18-2013, 09:25 PM
When you try on an XL skirt in Kohl's and it falls down. Whoo hoo vanity sizing, I love you!!

bunnabear
05-20-2013, 08:11 AM
When you see family that you haven't seen in a while and you have to explain that you've been trying hard to lose weight and you're not ill.

bunnabear
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
When your husband calls you bony!! I never thought I'd have that adjective to describe me! And I asked him to repeat it so I could hear it again!! :D

Love it! I've been getting "skinny" from my husband :D Not that I'm anywhere near being skinny, it's just his way of noticing the change and it's nice.

dehtripper
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
When you have to do a double take to figure out which one you are in group photos/videos. Such a nice feeling :)

PaleoPeanut
05-21-2013, 02:58 PM
You're packing away winter clothes, unpacking spring clothes... and they fit! Your old clothes fit or aaaaalmost fit.

Alibaibee
05-24-2013, 04:03 PM
when you realize your body actually has bones in it somewhere holding the rest of it up! haha

devadiva
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Costco clothes are to big.

Dottington
06-05-2013, 11:49 PM
When you keep hitting your hipbones on things! Door knobs are the worst, but today I got hit by my shopping cart and it was pretty painful.

TofuSprinkles
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
You feel comfortable sitting in your office chair.

Tangible Soul
07-27-2013, 02:29 PM
I am just starting to lose weight. I have noticed one funny thing so far though. A few pairs of pants I wore were tight on the waist. Now, they droop down and I am constantly pulling them up. Still to big for a belt though. My teenager keeps getting embarrassed seeing my pink undies when my pants fall and says to me, "Mom your not hip enough for gangster pants". HA. Gangster pants,not my style but always makes me laugh.

Wannabeskinny
07-27-2013, 03:31 PM
When you no longer have to smush up your belly against the sink doing dishes because it shrunk.

IanG
07-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Your @rse feels a lot less comfy to sit on than it used to.

LadyOfPort
08-18-2013, 08:17 PM
This thread is great!
I noticed today my back didn't hurt doing the supper dishes because I didn't have to bend over at the sink!
Looking forward to experiencing some of the others mentioned :)

SunnyMathChick
08-18-2013, 08:44 PM
You can get down on the ground and actively play with the kids! :)

SoMuchFattitude
08-19-2013, 07:57 AM
You mom brings over a box of memorabilia from your high school years that has some clothes in it and they fall off now.

:D

lanabug
08-27-2013, 04:51 PM
You can wear strappy shoes, but not your old ones since the slingback straps always fall down now!

CanadianMomma
09-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Your @rse feels a lot less comfy to sit on than it used to.

So true! I tell my husband I never thought I'd miss the cushioning I had when I was bigger, but some days....

When you realize that wearing heels (even when 9 month pregnant) is no longer uncomfortable. I thought I just lacked the necessary female ability to wear heels, turned out it was the extra weight I was carrying that made them so uncomfortable.

Wannabeskinny
09-16-2013, 08:42 PM
When you realize that wearing heels (even when 9 month pregnant) is no longer uncomfortable. I thought I just lacked the necessary female ability to wear heels, turned out it was the extra weight I was carrying that made them so uncomfortable.

I was surprised to find out the same thing! But if you think about it, it makes sense right?

vintagecat
09-16-2013, 09:05 PM
When you can cross your legs at the knee easily.

When squatting is possible.

When there are tights that fit finally and they look fine, not like sausage casings.

When you don't feel the need to use the handicap stall to be able to turn around in it.

When you can look down and there is actually a lap.

When you can see where your legs join in a seated position. (almost there)

When stuff dropped when eating doesn't automatically hit the boob shelf.

When bras become comfortable (and effective) again.

When you can easily do your own pedicure.

When breathing isn't huff and puff.

When you can slide into your thin husband's seat adjustment in the car.

When you no longer eyeball a restaurant booth to pick the biggest side and when wait staff will actually steer you to a booth instead of a table.

When seat belts are no longer strangulation devices.

When turning in bed is no longer a big deal.

When you quit snoring.

When knees and hips quit hurting for the first time in years.

When your size 8, 9, 10 underwear is too big.

When flying commercially is a totally viable way to travel.

When you look around and are no longer the fattest person in the crowd or room.

When there is no longer a W behind your clothing size.

happybug
09-16-2013, 09:47 PM
When you can see your zipper while sitting down.

Dybbuk
09-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I have a few:

-When people comment on your weight loss. (Always the biggest indicator to me!)
-Hanging clothes (espeically pants) on hangers is an easier task.
-Losing cushion on the butt and hips...and laying down in certain positions is a bit more uncomfortable than it used to be.
-When you don't have anxiety fitting in rides at the theme parks.
-When you don't have anxiety flying on an airplane.
-When you enjoy shopping for clothes again!

Warrior
09-17-2013, 04:09 AM
-When people comment on your weight loss. (Always the biggest indicator to me!)

-When you enjoy shopping for clothes again!

These!!! :yes: :yes:

tefrey
09-18-2013, 06:15 PM
The first real sign that I've lost weight was when my above the knee skirt turned into a below the knee skirt. At first I thought I had bought a new black skirt and forgot about it .. then I realized it was my old one, it just fits totally different now!

Teeni
09-19-2013, 02:25 PM
When someone gives you their old clothes and they are actually too big instead of too small. I don't have any pants that fit but that's okay because I am too small and I am happy!

SunnySide99
09-19-2013, 02:33 PM
When your leggings from last year looks like MC Hammer pants this year. :D

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/869277/thumbs/o-JUSTIN-BIEBER-HAREM-PANTS-570.jpg?4

zoesmom
09-19-2013, 03:52 PM
When your leggings from last year looks like MC Hammer pants this year. :D

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/869277/thumbs/o-JUSTIN-BIEBER-HAREM-PANTS-570.jpg?4

:rofl:

DeborahG
09-19-2013, 04:54 PM
When my open my closet and put out my old pants :D

purposedryven
09-19-2013, 04:59 PM
wen you no longer wanna sit still!:D

AngieRR1022
09-19-2013, 05:02 PM
When you find your jaw-line without it being hidden under a pad of fat!

(**I found mine recently**)

susan1975
12-28-2013, 12:09 AM
When you avoid at least 1/2 the close in you closet because they just don't fit. But this time it is because the are too big, not to tight.

I need to update my ticker, now at 214.

Deana509
12-28-2013, 02:48 AM
When you face plant into a door you were trying to open with your stomach (That is no longer big enough to shove open the push bar) - It hurts!

Terra1984
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
When the zipper on your jeans no longer breaks....I cant wait for that to stop happening. It will be nice

Radiojane
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
When you no longer freeze in -40 weather because you can finally zip up your coat.

WeightGoingDown
05-01-2014, 08:44 PM
When you stare at selfies of yourself because you can't belief that attractive person is you.

WeightGoingDown
05-01-2014, 08:45 PM
When you officially have none of your original clothes.

WeightGoingDown
05-01-2014, 08:46 PM
When you keep asking your husband or boyfriend to feel your muscles, or you keep feeling them yourself.

WeightGoingDown
05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
When a 15 minute Pilates work out seems to take 5 minutes.

Earthling
05-02-2014, 10:18 PM
When I found myself unable to fully depress the clutch in my pickup even though the seat is the farthest up it'll go... Because my butt had shrunk to nothing.

Earthling
05-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Ooh! When my sister said "you can't wear that tight shirt! You have a fat roll sticking out!"
And I looked down and realized she was pointing to the bottom protuberance of my rib cage. Huh.

Dottington
05-03-2014, 02:48 AM
When you notice that pesky cellulite on your derriere finally disappearing :D

Paulitens
05-03-2014, 03:28 PM
When you can cross your less without having to swing one like a fishing pole over the other, and you can keep them crossed without holding them and without being unable to breathe.

When your muffin top disappears (a bit anyway).

When you lie in bed on your side and your knees hurt because they're so bony.

When your butt hurts of sitting because your hip bones don't have the cushion they used to. LOL.

TheSatinPumpkin
05-03-2014, 03:47 PM
when it is so much easier reach back there to wipe.

LesMillsLuvr
05-04-2014, 08:59 AM
When your class instructor reaches the part where they say "grab a set of toes" to stretch your quad after a BodyPump track and your toes land in your hand instead of you standing there just pretending with your leg raised behind you because there's too much of "you" in the way to actually do the stretch.

LesMillsLuvr
05-04-2014, 09:04 AM
When you don't have to ask a flight attendant for an extender when you board an airplane.

xopeaceandlovexo
05-07-2014, 04:25 PM
When your MIL notices :queen:

xRiotGirl
05-07-2014, 04:53 PM
...you bought pants around Christmas that you have only worn once since, and when trying them on a second time find that they fall straight off. :chin:

littleflip66
05-08-2014, 12:57 AM
When you're cold in 60 degree weather because there's not as much fat on you to keep you warm.

At my highest, I swear I could tolerate walking around in much colder weather in just a t-shirt and some jeans.

Sorrow
05-08-2014, 07:50 AM
My wedding and engagement ring doesnt fit anymore :(. they are literally falling of my hand. Because I have more pounds to lose i won't resize them yet but I've ressorted to using rubber tubing to make them smaller.