Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/274/160

Height: 5'8

Default Feeling Discouraged!

It is so hard to get back on track with weight loss. I have lost 50 pounds before. i can do it again! I say to myself but when i diet and exercise i see no results! Maybe its different this time? Maybe its because i'm older? I'm only twenty so it cant be that. I start feeling discouraged and i start not doing things that i should. So i'm posting here hoping to get some motivation and to hear other peoples success stories. I need to Get back Out there and do this! Hiking tomorrow hopefully this cold will go away!
Pattcm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #2  
Where is Onederland???

S/C/G: 301/295/148

Height: 5'9

I am so sorry that you are feeling discouraged. I 've been on this ride before, too, so I really do know how you feel. Don't self-sabatoge (sp?)! Focus on the nsv's, do something every day, or week at least, to make yourself feel amazing (not food related).

I know we hear it all the time, but it didn't come overnight and it won't go overnight either. Walk like you're thin, eat like you're thin, workout like you have nothing to lose. It WILL work! I believe in you.

Not my original thought - "One year from now, you can be glad you started, or wish you had."
MrsYoung0601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey, I can understand what you're feeling! I think most people here have struggled with this feeling. Shows like The Biggest Loser don't help because they make it seem like we should be dropping weight like crazy, when in reality, that is quite dangerous and nearly impossible with a normal life.

What I've been doing this time, is I've taken a break from weighing myself. I'm just focusing on counting my calories and sticking to my workouts as much as I can. I figure that the weight will come off as it sees fit.

Once I start fitting into my old clothes, I'll get back to weighing myself, but over the last few months, I've had lots of false starts because the number on the scale wouldn't budge fast enough.

Hang in there! You can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Being healthy is a long term commitment that has nothing to do with motivation, but the willingness to put one foot in front of the other each day, and have more good days than bad, and recognize that not all days will be good, but if you have more good than bad you will be fine.

It's not always easy, actually some days its a real pain in the butt, however, sticking with it is worth it in the end, and it does get easier!

I found it got much easier when I realized that normal for me, is not the normal I had in my mind, but normal for me means, I have to be aware of my food and activity, or I will end up in a place I don't want to be.

I made the choice to make my normal, being aware of my nutrition and my activity!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I lost over fifty las time in my 20's and I thought it was going to be harder this time around. It has taken a little longer but that's probably because I realize now that the overly restricted diet I had then was not a good idea this time. It's difficult to stay on track when u don't see any movement on the scale, but for me once I did there was no stopping me. I have really bad days sometimes that involve self loath and massive crying spells, I have to admit my depression has gotten better but I have a bad one or 2 days here and there. It always helps to come on this site and post daily. My motivation is not where I would like it to be honestly but I still want to be healthy so that helps push me. Sometimes I find myself making excuses that I will believe ( not completely) but the good thing is that there is always tomorrow to get back on that horse. There are so many good reasons to do this, I bet they out weught the reasons not to, so write them down if u have to and read them daily! Best of luck
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

If you are seeing no results on the scale and you have made major lifestyle changes (particularly in terms of food), then you should see your doctor and /or a nutritionist. I'd start with a doctor to rule out medical issues that could be making it harder for the weight to come off (e.g. thyroid issues, insulin resistance). If you've ruled out medical reasons, next you should see a nutrionist to make sure you really are eating in a way that should cause you to lose weight.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattcm7 View Post
It is so hard to get back on track with weight loss. I have lost 50 pounds before. i can do it again! I say to myself but when i diet and exercise i see no results! Maybe its different this time? Maybe its because i'm older? I'm only twenty so it cant be that. I start feeling discouraged and i start not doing things that i should. So i'm posting here hoping to get some motivation and to hear other peoples success stories. I need to Get back Out there and do this! Hiking tomorrow hopefully this cold will go away!
I truly understand! But, you have to commit to this if you want to get results. Just think about how grateful you'll feel this summer if you start right now, today. If you make the changes you need to make, weight-loss WILL happen for you. You can do it!!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #8  
Plant Powered!

S/C/G: 205/168.5/165

Height: 6'0"

I completely understand where you are coming from. I lost a bunch of weight two years ago, and it has slowly crept back up on me. This time around, it seems a HUNDRED times harder to lose (and like you, I'm fairly young at 22).

Remember last time when you lost that 50lbs? How amazing did that make you feel? What else makes you feel amazing? Get your hair done, get a massage, paint your toenails.... I feel it's a heck of a lot easier to get motivated when I feel good about myself already. Self-loathing is not going to motivate you to make yourself better. Focus on something other then the weight you need to lose for a while.

I try to do something everyday that makes me feel good, besides eating healthily and working out. Even it's something as small as keeping my legs shaved and putting on my favorite (and a little bit expensive) body lotion after showering.

Make you're doing some physical activity that you ENJOY. If you hate what you are doing, you won't keep doing it. If you love hiking, have at it.

On the same note, make sure that you are eating food that you love. Now, that doesn't mean to eat a whole jar of Nutella (note to myself.. ), but you can't force yourself to go from a diet full of junk food, to eating only steamed vegetables everyday.

Good luck and stick with it!
EmLay is offline   Reply With Quote